New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Alec
Admin
Alec

The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 10:48 pm

Ashley

Ashley paused as she contemplated whether or not it was wise to be so social on one day, but the girl realized that she had nothing better to do now that she wasn't working and had no money to spend. "Sure, why not. I might as well meet your brother now, though I feel like I already know him, considering how much you talk about him."
-------------------------
Samuel

"Well you're not the first to ask that question my boy. There are quite a few theories as to how she was voted into position, but I personally believe that she bought her way in, with all the money she makes from her illegal trade. There are few on the council who wouldn't sacrifice their morals as long as it made life a little easier, unfortunately." Samuel explained gently as he tried to break it to Joseph just how corrupted the city's officials were.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 10:54 pm

"It would seem that the Council isn't the infallible group of visionaries we're taught about in school," Joseph muttered bitterly. He read a little more on the woman and frowned, "I knew that there was some corruption, but I never thought much about it."
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 12:24 am

Samuel

"And that lack of curiosity is precisely how the Council continues to go about committing crimes my boy." Samuel pointed out to Joseph. "But no matter, the point is that at least you know now."
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 2:16 pm

Antha nodded. She wondered if Hyuckle had any customers right now. She doubted it. But who knew.

She entered the shop to find that he was not alone after all. A girl who looked around Hyu's age and an old man were here. The girl she did not know, but the old man....

"Grandfather!"
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 2:57 pm

"Yes and 'Knowledge is power,'" Joseph pointed out wryly, "That's one of the reasons why I want to reach your position one day, old man. With all the knowledge here, I'd never be surprised by anything."
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:05 pm

Ashley

"Oh yay, it's like a family reunion for you." Ashley said with fake enthusiasm as she mentally groaned to herself. "Maybe I should just wait outside while you talk?" Ashley suggested to Antha in a whisper as she continued to follow the girl into the the shop.
------------------------
Samuel

"And I have no doubts that you eventually will be working in my position, boy. But don't assume that I don't get surprised or that I know everything. That would be arrogance, and an arrogant person rarely learns anything besides shame."
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 2:04 pm

Luan Cross

"Ah, hello, Antha. Hyuckle. I was hoping to speak with your brother first, but since you are both here now, well..." Luan trailed off. Whatever he had come to talk about, he seemed uneasy to approach the subject. The information broker and part time scientist silently wrestled with him, trying to find the right words to say. This was going to be hard...

?

An apprentice archive keeper ran over to Samuel and Jospeh, stopping once he reached the two. The apprentice was out of breath for a few moments before looking up at his superior.

"S-Senior Archive Keeper! W-We just received word that Thomas Maywater himself is coming here now!"
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 2:17 pm

Antha nodded at her grandfather.

"If you want to talk to Hyuckle first than I'll wait outside." She turned to go. Crimson followed her. She wasn't sure what was going on but she didn't want to get in the way.

"Hello," she said to Antha and Ashley. 'I'm Crimson Aegis."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 4:24 pm

Joseph nodded and was about to correct himself when another apprentice came with some news. His eyes widened at the news of the most important man in Memoria approaching and he asked, "What's he doing here? He doesn't usually come here, does he?"
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:08 am

Ashley

Ashley looked at Crimson as though she were asking for Ashley to give her an arm. "Excuse me?"
------------------------
Samuel

"No, but there's no time to ask those questions now, Joseph. You stay here and continue researching, I'll come back to help you when I'm finished with Sir Maywater." Samuel ordered before he turned to the other Apprentice. "Tell Thomas to meet me in my office when he arrives."
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 1:59 pm

"What's wrong? All I said was my name," Crimson said, offended by Ashley's reaction. Antha was silent, but Crimson wondered if she should just leave.
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 7:06 am

Ashley

"Hmm? Well I'm sorry, I guess. Just seemed abrupt of you to just suddenly start speaking with us." Ashley replied as she put her hands into her pockets. As the Waitress stood in place quietly for a few more seconds, she contemplated whether or not she should respond to the other girl.

"...I'm Ashley." She informed Crimson after sighing loudly.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:00 pm

"It's nice to meet you Ashley. And I'm sorry if that was sudden. I'm just bored."

"I'm Antha," Antha said, smiling a little. "Um...do you know my brother?"

"Oh was that boy in there you're brother?"

Antha nodded. "His name is Hyuckle, but only his family calls him by his full name."
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:42 pm

Luan Cross

After Antha left the shop, Luan breathed a small sigh of relief. At least this would be a bit easier to talk about, with just Hyuckle first.

"I'm afraid I have some....bad news, Hyuckle." Luan began.

Apprentice, Thomas Maywater

"Yes sir!" the apprentice Keeper said, before rushing off. A few minutes later the same apprentice archive keeper came back, guiding the elderly Thomas Maywater to Samuel's office. Thomas stepped inside while the apprentice keeper excused himself, leaving the two alone.

"Greetings, my good sir. It is a pleasure to see you." Thomas greeted, offering his hand to Samuel.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 5:27 pm

"Is something wrong," Hyu asked, his attention all on his grandfather. "Is mother ok? What is it?"
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 6:55 pm

Ashley

"Yeah, there's really nothing to do in this district. Especially at this time of day." Ashley commiserated as she leaned against the wall behind her.
-------------------------------
Samuel

"No Sir Maywater, the pleasure is all mine." Samuel replied warmly as he shook the man's hand, sitting down in his office chair quickly after words. "So what is it you wanted to discuss?" Samuel asked after motioning for Thomas to sit down as well.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 7:44 pm

Thomas Maywater

"Please, call me Tom. Everybody does." Thomas said, gently taking a seat. After a moment of internal debate, Thomas continued.

"I have something I need to give you, if you do not mind. And I also need to review some records that were sealed near the beginning of the amnesia crisis. It's very important."

Luan Cross

"No. It's your grandmother. She..." Luan's voice cracked, and the elderly man stopped himself. He took a moment to regain his composure. He had come all this way, there was no backing out now. They'd find out sooner or later anyways...

"This morning, Hyuckle, your grandmother passed away in her sleep."
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 7:55 pm

Hyu stared at Luan for a second. Then he looked down at the counter. He began fingering the clock he fixed, not sure what to say. It was kind of unreal to think about.

"How," he said finally.
-------------
"You're telling me. But at least it's better than doing my piano lessons," Crimson said.

Antha nodded, noting that Crimson was from a richer family than her. "You know how to play the piano."

"Barely, but yes. My mother demands I learn."
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 8:01 pm

Ashley

"Well that sucks, but you should be thankful, I guess." Ashley replied before she shared a look with Antha, both of them realizing that Crimson was from a well off family. "But why does she insist you know how to play? Is she preparing you for marriage or something?"
-----------------------
Samuel

"Ah, of course, Tom." Samuel replied as he leaned back in his seat, clasping his hands together in front of him as he listened to Maywater. "So, first things first, is there a specific file that you are looking for?"
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 8:18 pm

Luan Cross

"I don't know. She was old, Hyuckle. So am I. It was bound to happen sooner or later. And it seemed to be sooner for her." Luan said.

Thomas

"Yes. A file that was sealed on the very day that the Memory Foundation was founded." Thomas said.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 10:01 pm

Joseph sighed as he watched them go before searching through the archives. He might as well do something constructive, like find out more about that corrupt politician/crime lord.

Last edited by almostinsane99 on Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 10:04 pm

((The conversation is taking place in Samuel's private office. I don't think Joseph would be allowed in there. Don't mean to be mean or anything, but that seemed a bit odd, that Joseph would be there.))
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 10:06 pm

(Aye. Samuel told Joseph to continue searching for files on recent history while he himself would go to his office to wait for Thomas.)
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 10:14 pm

(Oh, sorry. Forgot about that. Edited.)
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 1:31 pm

"I'm sorry Grandfather. I hope it was painless for her. And I'll be sure to miss her," Hyu said, meaning his words. "And thank you for coming to tell me. It must be hard for you to say."
-----------
"In a way yes. She says she wants me to learn how to be a proper lady," Crimson said, feeling she was going down a bad road. She didn't want to flaunt the fact that she was better off than them. They were both wearing uniforms, so Crimson could tell they worked. "So did you guys get off from work?"

"Yes," Antha said, thinking that wasn't exactly true, but she didn't feel like bringing up the murder.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next