New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Alec
Admin
Alec

The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 6:45 pm

(So I got all of my characters in positions where we can skip now.)

Samuel

Samuel nodded in satisfaction as the boy walked up to him, though he continued to walk towards the vault. "Joseph, I want you to go home. Now. Stay there until tomorrow morning, do you understand me?" Samuel ordered.
----------------------
Ivo

Ivo sighed as he looked at the clock on the wall, realizing that he was going to have to go to his Mother's house soon. "Well I guess I should get going now..." The Librarian decided, leaving a ten dollar billon the counter before grabbing his coffee and book and walking away.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 7:02 pm

Joseph blinked in surprise as he wasn't normally sent home this early. He looked up in confusion and asked, "Why? What's wrong?"
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 7:14 pm

Samuel

Samuel turned and looked at Joseph sternly. "To be quite honest my boy I'm not exactly sure at this point, but I can promise you that we are both going to know by tomorrow morning."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Joseph blinked, surprised at Samuel's sternness as well as the implication that the Head Archive Keeper didn't know himself. He nodded, walking slowly towards the door, "I'll see you tomorrow, then."
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 8:58 pm

General Narrative/Thomas Maywater

Night slowly dawned again on the town of Memoria. Eventually things came to a close throughout the city. Shops closed for the night, people soon turned into bed, and even crime decided to take a rest once it neared the early hours of the morning. Only a few people were still up at that time. One of them being Thomas Maywater, de facto leader of Memoria and the Memory Foundation Council.

Thomas sat silently in his room, reading a book. The door opened with a slight creek, and another person stepped inside, closing the door behind them. Thomas closed his book and looked up at the person, who he now could see was a woman.

"You have come here to kill me, yes?" Thomas asked in a calm manner. The woman nodded before pulling out a gun, aiming it at his forehead. Thomas showed no visible reaction.

"I've come to accept my death, child. I am old, and even if you did not kill me today, I'd die sooner or later. I just hope you know what you're doing."

"Before I kill you, tell me one thing." The woman said. "Did you actually ever lose your memories?"

Thomas sighed and shook his head. "No. And before you ask, I did what I thought was right for this city and its people. I thought it would be better if they remembered nothing about that incident." he confessed.

"You had no right! But that doesn't matter now, old man. Goodbye. I hope you rot in hell." the woman stated with a calm fury. She pulled the trigger, and Thomas Maywater crumpled to the ground.

General Narrative

Morning came to Memoria soon after, as day shifted into night. Life slowly returned back to the town as its citizens woke up. However, the newspaper stand was open an hour earlier than usual, which soon became apparent as to why when one read the headline of today's paper. It read,

"Thomas Maywater Assassinated!"
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 1:28 pm

Crimson woke up to the sounds of crying. She blinked in confusion and rushed to get dress. She walked into the lobby of the inn and saw that the sign said they were closed which was weird. The inn was never closed. She opened went back into the section that her family lived in and saw her mother crying on the couch.

"What's wrong?" But her mother didn't say anything and her father was too busy comforting her mom to answer either. But her question was answered when she saw the newspaper.
---------------
Hyuckle walked down the street. It was hard to convince his parents to let him go after what happened with his sister and with news that the mayor was killed. But Hyu reassured that rarely anyone came into the mechanic shop and that the assassin was targeting people with power. He was a nobody. His death would mean nothing. So he had nothing to fear.

Antha stayed home even though she wanted to go to school or at least go with Hyu. But her parents were strict that she stay in since she was a witness to the murder yesterday in the cafe.
--------------
Chei was in his office early. He sat at his desk, just staring at it. It was almost unbelievable. Mayor Thomas was dead. Something was wrong here. Very wrong. Chei wondered what could possibly be happening that would trigger two deaths in the same day.
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 2:00 pm

Dylan Aderyn

Dylan sighed as he slowly crawled into bed. The thief had succeeded in his attempts at robbing the Hern family, and because of that, he and his wife were now twelve thousand dollars richer. Though he would not be telling her, of course. Margaret would never approve of his thieving, even if it was the only thing keeping them in their home.

"Hey baby, you getting up already?" Margaret asked sleepily as she rolled over and smiled at Dylan.

Dylan bit his lip, annoyed with himself for getting caught so easily. "Yeah, I have a long day of work today, you know." He lied, slightly annoyed that he wouldn't be getting any rest now.
--------------------------
Samuel Oroitz

Samuel groaned as he woke up on his desk, an empty bottle of whiskey lying right next to his head. As the old man leaned up slowly he looked at his desk and remembered what he had done after he had convinced all of the other Archive Keepers to leave last night. But even if he hadn't remembered, the hangover that he currently had certainly would have reminded him. After a few minutes, or possibly, hours, Samuel finally stood up and walked out of his office, ready to go see the morning newspaper so he could have his suspicions confirmed.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 4:34 pm

When Joseph's dad first showed him the headline of this morning's paper, his initial reaction was one of shock. One couldn't really blame him, after all. Maywater had been mayor for as long as he and, thanks to the events preceding this town's founding, anyone else could remember.

His second reaction, however, was one of realization. Maywater had visited the Archives the day before and something seemed to have been troubling the Head Archive Keeper. Thus, the boy hurriedly scarfed down his toast and orange juice before running out the door, telling his parents the Archives would need everyone they could get to record this day.

Samuel Oroltz knew something and he was going to find out what.
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 10:36 pm

Ivo Gwenael

"Mmm. Ivo moaned as he rolled over in his bed, the light shining through the curtains and waking him up. The Librarian slowly crawled out of bed, not wanting to fall out of his sleepy fog, and closed the curtains before sitting back upon his bed. "God, I haven't gotten nearly enough sleep yet." He grumbled after glancing at the clock. But unfortunately, he was already late for work. There was no way he could afford to sleep in even longer.

With that thought in mind, Ivo got out of bed and made his way to the bathroom.
------------------------------
Ashley

"No way...." Ashley said in shock and disbelief as she looked at the newspaper in her hands. Thomas Maywater dying, worse, being murdered, was ....unimaginable. But who would do this, and why? Was it connected to the murder she had witnessed yesterday?

"I need some ******* answers." Ashley thought as she pulled a cigarette pack out of her pocket, grabbing a ciagarette and lighting it quickly. Ashley quickly pulled the butt to her lips and inhaled slowly, taking in the smell of the smoke before she blew it back out.

"That guy from yesterday, the Archive Keeper...maybe he has some answers? " Ashley wondered hopefully, wanting some kind of goal that she could work towards. "If I found him maybe he could.... Of come on, Ash! You don't even have the damn kids name!" Ashley fought within herself before a though came to her. "But I know what he looks like....and I know where he works." Ashley realized as an idea began to form inside of her.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 5:38 pm

Hyu wandered down the street, not really paying much attention to the people rushing by him. He got bumped a couple of times, but he didn't let it bother him that much. It made sense people were rushing around. No one wanted to be the next to die. Not that the assassin would just randomly pick them off. Hyu was sure the killer or killers had a goal in mind.

Hyu sighed and looked up to see Ashley, the girl that Antha worked with. He wondered if he should say something or just walk by. He close the latter, though he would stop if she said something.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 7:09 pm

At last, Joseph reached the archives with a frown on his face. Sure enough, it was busy with apprentices recording Maywater's death along with the reactions of the rest of the community. Some were even digging up everything they could find about Maywater that wasn't restricted. A curious few were even begging to be able to open the restricted files.

Joseph, however, just brushed passed them, looking for Samuel. Not finding him anywhere, he headed towards the more private areas of the archives, knocking on Samuel's office door.

"Old man, I want some answers," he announced.
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 8:28 pm

Samuel

"Don't we all..." Samuel muttered as he heard Joseph, not surprised that the boy had come to his office. "Come in Joseph! Come in...."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 5:37 pm

Joseph walked in, trying to school himself before he said something reckless, but he couldn't help looking accusingly at the Head Archive Keeper, "You knew something about what was going to happen, didn't you? I mean, you were the last one to talk to Maywater."

He said the last part quietly, just incase someone was listening. He waited patiently for his boss to answer.
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 6:12 pm

Samuel

"I admit, Thomas Maywater did confide in me, and I knew that he was going to die last night." Samuel said before standing up, raising his hand to stop Joseph from interrupting him. "But I do not know why he died, nor who his murderer was. To be honest my boy, Maywater was nothing but vague."
--------------------------
Ashley

Ashley stopped halfway through the street as she noticed Antha's Brother in front of her, looking at her. Ashley quickly had an internal battle as she decided whether or not she should speak with him, to see if Antha was ok, or if she should just continue on her way to the Archives. In the end her Empathy beat out her impatience, and Ashley turned around. "Hey...Hyu!" She shouted before following the boy.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 6:15 pm

Hyu stopped and turned to Ashley. He was silent for a second then he spoke.

"You're Ashley right? A friend of my sister's?"
-----------
Crimson was out her window again. The inn was closed after all so there was nothing that really needed to be done. Besides she had to get out of that place. It was just way too depressing. She thought about going to see Alan, but decided he needed time alone.

Her feet took her to the cafe. The one that she heard was attacked yesterday. She stood outside of the empty building just staring at it, as if doing so would bring her some answer to what was going on.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 6:40 pm

"Why didn't he tell the police, though?" Joseph asked, puzzled, "Why would he just tell you and then let it happen? Who would just want to die?"
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 6:43 pm

Ashley

"Yeah, we work- I mean worked, together." Ashley replied before glancing around as she realized they were still standing in the crosswalk of the street. "So umm, how is she doing?" Ashley asked as she quickly walked to the sidewalk.
----------------------
Ivo Gwenael

"What!? Well, what are you and the Council going to do about it now?" Ivo asked his mother, talking on his cell phone as he ran to work. The Librarian had literally learned just three minutes ago that Thomas Maywater had died, and apparently his Mother was already on her way to be in a meeting with the rest of Memoria's Council.

"Yes, Mother, I'll be over tonight. ...What do you mean you're throwing another event? You just had one last night! I don't care if it's an important matter- Now is not the to concentrate on your political career. You are ******* unbelievable, you know that!" Ivo shouted into the phone. "No I will not be coming over tonight to support you, I am done with this. I don't care if it's embarrassing for you, goodbye Mom." Ivo said before quickly hanging up to prevent his Mother from responding.
------------------------
Samuel Oroitz

"That is a question I am still asking myself, Joseph. Thomas did leave a file with me, but he expressly forbade me from opening it without the Council's orders. And knowing how the Council is, I am against the idea of letting them know that something so important exists."
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 6:54 pm

"She's been better," Hyu said. She was pretty shaken up last night and this morning and Hyu felt a little bad about leaving her behind. "But she'll be ok. Still seeing a murder will be scarring for her."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 7:13 pm

"Maybe we should open it," Joseph suggested after a moment, mulling over his school-taught respect for Maywater with his innate curiousity, "I mean, we are the sealers. We could seal it right back up and no one would know. Besides, we have the right to know what secret he's entrusting to the Archives."
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 7:19 pm

Samuel

"No!" Samuel protested loudly as he smashed his hands onto his desk. "I cannot break protocol in such a shameless and selfish way, no matter how easy it would be too accomplish. I've taken a vow, as have you, Apprentice Beckett. We have to honor those vows, or else, we are no better then the corrupt Council."
----------------------
Ashley

"Yeah, it was a pretty disturbing sight. Still, good to hear that she's handling it well."
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 7:21 pm

"How are you handling it," Hyu asked. He wasn't one for invading other people's privately and he wasn't one that people talked to either, except his sister, but he felt he should ask her. It just seemed like the proper thing to do.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 7:33 pm

Joseph stepped back, surprised at the venom in the old man's voice. He replied indignantly, "This town's most important man just got murdered and you don't want to investigate what was going through his head on his last day?! This could be important to Memoria!"
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 7:40 pm

Ashley

Ashley bit her lip as Hyu put her on the spot, feeling extremely uncomfortable. "I'm doing alright. I've been better obviously, the worst part is I'm out of a job until further notice." Ashley complained half-heartedly, laughing nervously afterward as she tried ignore any of the tension she had created.
-----------------------
Samuel

"Thomas Maywater's last order was that I leave it alone. Besides myself, you are the only other person who knows about it. Don't make me regret my decision of telling you Joseph." Samuel said as he sat back down at his desk. "You can go now, Apprentice Beckett." He ordered.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 7:44 pm

"I'm sorry. Makes me feel glad that I have a cruddy job. Barely anyone comes in so I'm usually alone with all the items. Of course I'm usually fixing some." Hyu smiled at Ashley. "I hope you find another job. I have to go. My boss gets mad when I'm late and even the mayor's death won't stop him from chasting me. But it was nice to see you again."

With that said Hyu started off down the street.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 7:51 pm

Joseph nodded, feeling a little ashamed of himself. The old man was one of the only people whose opinion he thought mattered. He murmured, "Sorry. I guess I get too curious for my own good."

With that, he left. As an apprentice, he had a lot of work to do right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)   The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting) - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The City of Forgotten Memories (Rated T, Accepting)
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next