New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Watchers (Rated T)

Go down 
+4
Sarcastic Master
Casey Jewels
Magus1108
Fire Lord
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Shadow Moonseye

Shadow Moonseye

The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 11:58 am

"Think nothing of it, Carn."

And with that, they were off. Nex took extra care with her driving, so as to not throw Carn out of the back, nor attract attention to them. Thankfully, people were used to seeing others riding in the backs of trucks, so the forsaken in the back was viewed with no more curiosity than a passing stranger.

The next two hours passes relatively quickly for the pair as the drove to thier destination. As the blockade surrounding the city came into view Nex pulled off to the side of the road and parked the car. She stashed the keys in the visor before climbing out. A light kick of her booted foot shut the door behind her before she paused to observe the blockade.

Simple design, should be an easy matter to get through.

She slid her green and red gaze back to Carn.

"Come. We have work to do."
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-moonseye.deviantart.com/
Plaguewalker

Location : Today I am here. By tommorrow, I will be gone. What hopes do you have of catching my song?

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 3:15 pm

The forsaken climbed down from the back of the truck, and stood a few steps behind Nex. His hammer's head gleamed softly in the light, it's impressive form held easily in one hand, despite the immense weight. "How shall we approach, Mistress Nex? Stealth, or shall I carve you a path to their master?"

The forsaken seemed to almost read Nex's mind before she even spoke, as he started towards the barricade with a powerful stride. His eyes narrowed savagly on the men blocking his path, and Carn barely supressed a hiss of rage at the humans.

The man in charge noticed the rapidly approaching forsaken, and held out his hand for Carn to stop. "Hold it! What's your business in the city?"
Back to top Go down
Shadow Moonseye

Shadow Moonseye

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 3:52 pm

Nex followed behind Carn, easily keping pace with him. The corners of her lips twitched, as if she desperately wanted to smile, but her face remained in its usual impassive state.

It has been awhile since we've been allowed to use our powers on such scale...

The crimson haired forsaken stepped forward, so that she was side by side with her companion. She leveled her gaze on the man in charge, never slowing in her approach.

"I said stop! State your business in the city!"

The man raised his gun, and those under his command quickly followed suit.

This should prove to be...entertaining.

A small chuckle escaped the emotionless forsaken.
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-moonseye.deviantart.com/
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 5:49 pm

Lucy

Lucy waved at Alec as she reached the bottom of the hill, but he wasn't looking in her direction. She walked up towards him, at peace with the night. She had spent several hours at home fretting, but now that she was here, everything seemed much brighter.

"Hi," she said to Alec as she slowed to a halt beside him. "I take it Chance isn't here yet."
Back to top Go down
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/215440
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 6:04 pm

Alec looked up in surprise as he saw Lucy coming up the hill, oddly relieved to see that she had stuck to he word. "Not yet, but I think we can give him another fifteen or so." He replied before releasing the glow from his necklace and hiding it back into his shirt.
"So are you ready to leave all of this behind?" Alec asked as he used his right hand to motion to the entire realm around them, beautiful twilight and all.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 11:22 pm

Rain

“Rain, I’m putting some live feed on your computer now,” Samuel said. “Want me to initiate Code 2? Or 3?”

Rain practically flew back to her computer. “Stat,” she croaked, watching the scene with disbelief. Her own men were… killing themselves? Okay, the majority of them weren’t, but were simply running away, but still… Her fingers curled into fists at the sight.

“Initiating Code 3.”

Not even a second after Samuel had finished his sentence did a siren fill the air, sounding out short and loud, much like that of the sirens on a cop car.

Rain ignored the sound and plopped down into her chair. Her eyes remained focused on the computer, studying the two attackers.

“The one obviously has control over electricity. So that leaves the woman,” Rain mused.

“Mind control,” Samuel said, answering the question before Rain could answer it. “It’s the only explanation. Rain, you might want to get out of here. With a small team like that, their goal has to be getting rid of you. Whatever they destroy of your base is just a bonus.”

“I’m not running away.”

She stared at the video feed, watching as any of the troops that came to help suddenly turned and fled or committed suicide. Her fingers curled into fists and she visibly trembled, feeling (for the first time in her life) completely helpless. How did you fight an enemy who could control you?

She pressed down a small button on the ear piece part of her comm. “Call First Wave.” Then she released the button. Her comm instantly connected with the comms of her troops in the regiment of First Wave. “I want you all to fall back. These two need attacked from a distance. Stat!”

Lucy

Lucy looked about her, drinking in the beauty of the Realm, of her home. “I’ll miss it,” she said to her companion. “But it’s better than worrying every day that I made the wrong choice, and wondering if I could have done something about Sean.”

Worrying about those two things just for the past couple of days had been bad enough, and she certainly didn’t want to spend her life that way.

“Besides, maybe we’ll even return heroes. They can’t deny us access to the Realm if we take down their biggest problem, now can they?”

The knot in her stomach returned and suddenly she wished that she hadn’t asked that question.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 11:31 pm

IC: Chance

"They can," responded Chance.

He was approaching the two from behind, carrying on his back a sack filled with his supplies.

"And they will."

He nodded to the two, looking out at the skyless view of space that The Realm offered, the colors twisting through the air in a way never possible in the Human World.

"We'll have touched emotion; something the Elders fear above all else. They won't let us return the way we are..."
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 11:58 pm

"it's not like we'll be the first to make a sacrifice to save the realm, but like the others, even if we succeed our names will probably be blotted out so that no one will remember us in a generation or two." Alec said as he agreed with Chance.

"No matter, I suppose we should leave now." The Guardian said firmly as he pulled out his necklace and put his power into it, making it glow. "Goodbye, old home..." He thought before the light enveloped him and he disappeared, never to see his home again.
-----------------------------------------------------
Ren scowled as she watched the soldiers pull back before her and Alex. "Well then it looks like Vandom knows how to play, perfect." The girl said with bitterness and sarcasm, knowing right now that everything was in how Alex was going to use his strategical skills now.
Back to top Go down
nando_c_s

nando_c_s

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 10:27 am

The base was very well protected. It was made so that nobody could get in without passing though the main entrance. But that there was only one main exit did not mean there wouldn't be a few others hidden somewhere in the base.

“There might be a few hidden escapes exits unknown to us Ren, that’s why we must be extra careful” Alex warned Ren.

All the soldiers fled to the inside of the nearest building. Alex destroyed the door of the main building with a lightning, and they entered the place.

“We kill everybody” Alex said with his black hood over his head just as they stepped into the main building.

As soldiers kept appearing, they were killed by both Alex and Ren, except for one soldier whom Alex did not kill completely, he simple cut off his legs, to make him feel a great deal of pain.

“Where is Vandom?” Alex asked looking at him directly in the eyes with what some would call a demonic sight, for Alex’s eyes were dark purple, nothing a human as ever seen before.

The human did not talk, but only point with his trembling hand to the last door of that hall. The biggest door in fact.

Alex blew the door down with one of his lightning just to find a room with a single sitting behind a desk.

I actually thought they would have more guards in here than out there. Oh well...

Alex took a picture out of his pocket, of Vandom, and it matched the woman on the desk.

Last edited by nando_c_s on Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 12:55 pm

(Umm... Vandom is a girl. And the base was a city first, so it's not just one lone building. The main building is simply about half of the city merged together, situated in the middle. Also, Rain isn't stupid. Most of the exits/entrances of the city have been permanently sealed off, but she would have left at least three accessible [though the other two aren't as easy to get in and out of].)

Rain

Rain knew they were coming, as she could see their every move via the various security cameras, so she was ready when they came bursting through the door.

"Initiate Code 5, stat," she said into her comm, never taking her eyes off of the enemy. She held a pistol in her hands, which was aimed straight at Ren's head, as Rain had judged that mind control was the bigger threat.

The flashing red lights dimmed and the sirens slowed, becoming just one short burst with a few seconds of silence followed by another short burst and so on.

"Do any of your freaky power stuff and I'll riddle you with holes," she growled in warning at Ren.

Maybe Thompson was right about an underground passageway....

(Code 5 is simply a retreat)
Back to top Go down
nando_c_s

nando_c_s

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 1:01 pm

(I really thought Vandom was a guy, and an NPC. I'll fix that.)

Unusual. There were supposed to be more soldiers here to defend here.

“That code 5 isn’t a command for your men retreat, is it Vandom?” Alex asked. He then chuckled.

Alex shot a lightning from his hand, directly at Rain’s weapon which made it fly all the way to the back of room.

“Can you handle her alone Ren?” Alex asked. He needed to take care of the rest of the soldiers. Nobody must get out of this base alive, or else, he’ll have to face Sean, in not such a good mood.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 1:24 pm

(Her character sheet is on Page 3)

Lucy

Here goes my reputation.

Lucy drew in a deep breath and then whispered a goodbye--not only a goodbye to the Realm, but a goodbye to her old life.

Here goes everything.

She stared down at the ring in her hands and then calmly slid the ring back onto her finger.

Then, without another thought, she followed Alec, disappearing with a flash of light.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 3:52 pm

Chance watched them leave, taking one look back at The Realm.

"See you later..."

He pulled his Power Source from inside his pocket and the gem glowed bright. Chance saw his surroundings vanish and felt his body compress tightly. It was as if very existance were a curtain that parted momentarily, squeezing Chance through.

The next thing he knew he was falling, landing hard on his face. He grunted in pain and gave a small groan, lifting his head wearily.

"Alec...Lucy?"

He looked down at what he had landed on; wood. He heard voices and stood, turning to look through a nearby window at several humans pointing and talking in loud voices. He was on a family's back deck, and the people were slightly confused as to why someone had just fallen from the sky right outside their window.

"Crap!"

In a panic he leapt over the ledge, feeling his Power Source grow warm in his hand. He felt the invisible field appear around him and he landed on his feet without trouble.

"Alec! Lucy!"

The people were now coming out onto the deck above so Chance began to run, heading towards another person's backyard. He was in some sort of suburb, that much was certain. He only hoped Alec and Lucy were nearby.
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 4:16 pm

Ren Belial

"Of course I can." Ren said defensively as she let Alex leave before her gaze turned to Rain. "You know it's quite a pity that he came, I had such a good plan this time too." The Forsaken said as she slowly let emotions pour out of her, the first one being anguish.
----------------------------------------------------
Alec looked out at the ocean before him. "Well I suppose this is something the realm will never have." The Guardian noted to himself as he breathed in deeply. There was something...interesting about the beach though. The wet sand went up almost to the top, like there had been massive waves earlier or something like that, but the weather was fine and there were barely any waves at all.
"No time for that now, I need to find Lucy and Chance." He reminded himself as he turned around to get a better view of the area, only to see that there were only a few buildings, an eating place, a few changing rooms. But there was nothing that Alec would find remotely useful.

"Well then...perfect." He said an annoyed tone as he walked up the beach.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 4:38 pm

Chrysler

A body fell from the sky, but upon seeing nothing signifying military or something else, Chrysler bolted. A watcher, probably not here for him but he didn't want to have to deal with another of his kind now, especially if he was here to join with Arcane. That dude was causing enough trouble here as it was, he didn't need more followers.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 5:07 pm

Rain

Okay, next time just shoot, don't threaten.

Rain's brown eyes narrowed on Ren and then her fingers curled into fists. What was this new feeling? She's trying to control you, her brain told her, but that didn't make it any easier to fight it off.

"Rain, get out now," Samuel hissed in her ear.

She didn't respond to him, her focus on the battle in her mind.

She hadn't felt this bad since... since the car accident. Everything was spinning out of control. Her soldiers were dead, her base was falling, and she was slowly being placed under the control of the woman before her. Why hadn't she run when she had the chance?

"No!" Rain shouted out as she gave a sharp shake of her head. She pressed a few keys on her computer to shut it down and then shoved her chair back. Her hand reached down and closed around her pistol as she passed it.

Lucy

Lucy let out a grunt as she hit the ground and then pushed herself upright. She looked around to see that she had landed next to some rosebushes. The scent of the flowers overwhelmed her for a moment, adding to her sense of disorentation, but then she heard voices.

She looked in the direction of the noise to see that somebody had a radio blaring next to a window. Window...? Her eyes widened as she realized where exactly she was. Had anybody seen her arrival?

And where were her companions?

"Chance," she called out when heard her name being shouted.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 5:35 pm

"Lucy?"

Chance halted and looked around, hearing his name from beyond a nearby fence. He crossed to it, pulling himself up to look over the top.

"Thank the spirits, you're here."

He pulled himself over the top of the fence, dropping down next to the rose bushes with Lucy.

"I didn't have such a smooth landing. The only thing I know is that we're in some sort of suburbs. Is Alec with you?"
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 5:41 pm

Alec rolled his eyes as he saw someone running away. "Well hopefully they were just a drunk or something...." The Guardian thought as he decided he certainly wouldn't be going after the guy, that would only make him remember Alec even more. "Unless......The waves, I should check first." He decided as he pulled out a few of the files and began searching them quickly. "Tyler, Jones, Smith, Noble, Plint, Misnow, Chrysler...here we are!" Alec said with excitement as he pulled out a file. "Control over water, laid back, could never master power, not a threat....Now I just need to see if Sean's taken him under his wing or not." Alec told himself.

"But first I would need to find him.....most likely by some body of water I'm guessing. It would probably be wiser for me to find Lucy and Chance before looking for trouble though." The watcher decided as he put the files away and looked up to see a clear sky. "Perfect." And with those words a burst of light shot high above him. Most humans would probably think it was a shooting star, or fireworks, but Alec had faith that Luce and Chance would know the truth.
-------------------------------------------
Ren quickly released the other emotions, realizing now was not the time to play. "Worthlessness, pity, failure, sadness, pain, all of these things would attack Rain without mercy, or else Ren would die.

(So should we have Lucy, Chance, and Alec meet each other? Or should they be farther apart where they'll be working seperately for now?)
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 6:07 pm

Rain

Rain gritted her teeth as her chair came to a halt and she forced herself to lift the pistol up and aim. I can do this... I can... can't...

Her body began to shake and she bit down hard on her lip to stop herself from crying. She couldn't win. She had thought that she and her forces had stood a chance against Alexander Core, but the truth of the matter was that they were just too weak.

Weak.

Stupid.

Foolish.

Just another kid on the street.

Everything had been for...

"Rain!"

At Samuel's shout, she raised the gun back up and fired five shots at the computer, destroying the data that it contained. Rain then climbed to her feet and fired a shot at Ren.

Lucy

"No," she told Chance as she turned to face him. "I haven't." Lucy looked about them, searching for any sign of Alec.

How far away could he be? And where are we?

Completing her scan of the area, she looked back at Chance. "We best get out of here, before we draw too much attention to ourselves. We are two strangers on somebody else's property, after all."
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 6:35 pm

"I think we'll draw too much attention to ourselves anywhere that we go," replied Chance, leading the way out of the rose bushes.

"Our clothes don't fit in with the Human World. If we don't get some new ones soon, we might as well be shouting to Sean and the Forsaken that we're here."

He brought his sack around in front of him and began shifting through it.

"I brought valuables like Alec said; but I don't know if we can use them to get clothes. I don't even know how to use Human money."
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 6:36 pm

Ren was shocked to hear the gunshots, shocked to see that Rain had broken free of her will, shocked when the girl shot her in the head, killing her almost instantly. As the Forsaken's body fell to the ground her conscious oddly enough left her body and looked for another place to stay, unfortunately she wasn't able to find anything, and her mind began to wither away.
-------------------------------
All of a sudden the lights went out above Alec as he changed his mind. "For all I know the Forsaken could be two blocks away from here....it's better if I look for Lucy and Chance myself." The watcher changed his mind as he decided his first plan seemed rather foolish. "And on the way I suppose I might need directions....and information as well....." He decided as he looked down the street where the stranger had been running.

"I might as well ask a local who already knows about me." Alec decided as he began to run down the street. While he certainly wasn't the fastest of the Watchers, Alec could still hit twenty-nine MPH and that was good enough for him, even though he knew it would shock most humans Alec decided that could work to his advantage at this point.

Last edited by Alec on Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 7:06 pm

Lucy

"I could help with that..." Lucy plucked her paintbrush out of her hair and made painting motions. "I've studied human clothing. Creating some couldn't be too hard."

She had brought some valuables with her, as instructed, but purchasing human clothing would take time, and it would be more dangerous. They didn't need Sean locating them while they were shopping for a change of clothes.

"And it will give us more time to find Alec.

Rain

"Good riddance," Rain growled as she stared at the fallen form of Ren. She walked up to the Forsaken and prodded the body with her boot. When there was no response, the rebel simply reloaded her gun and took off after the lighting freak.

This was her base and she was not going to let it fall so easily.

One shot in the back of the head. That's all it will take.

(I didn't think that you were going to kill her...)
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 7:19 pm

"Great," replied Chance, watching Lucy make swift motions with her brush.

"I never really learned much about the Human World; the Elders just want us to go in and get out. Good thing you're with us. I just hope Alec can find some clothes or at least not attract too much attention until we find him."
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 7:45 pm

Lucy

Lucy quickened her strokes, feeling a small release of energy with each one. Maybe she should have used her paints for this... But she had brought it for emergencies only, as she had only a limited amount.

A pair of blue jeans materlized out of the air, as well as a plain violet t-shirt. Lucy caught them as they fell and then glanced over at Chance. "Any..." She paused, frozen in place as she realized that there was a young boy watching them from atop his bicycle, staring at them in awe.

Stupid! You're not even here for ten minutes and you're already making mistakes. You know better than that!

"Let's go," she muttered to Chance. "I'll make yours when we're somewhere that's private."
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 8:22 pm

Chrysler

Running in the open wasn't helping the ex-watcher out any, so Chrysler began to run down some alleys, and hopping fences, hoping that would throw them off his trail. He wasn't as fast when running as he was when swimming, but he was faster than most humans, so hopefully his pursuer was just a human. Of course, if he was, he probably wouldn't be up and chasing him after falling from the sky.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Watchers (Rated T)
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next