New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Watchers (Rated T)

Go down 
+4
Sarcastic Master
Casey Jewels
Magus1108
Fire Lord
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Fire Lord

The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 7:05 pm

IC: Chance

"That seems like alot to do when you're under attack," commented Chance, overwhelmed by Alec's explanation.

"Getting your emotions under control when you're alone is one thing; but Sean and the Forsaken will be bearing down on us, attacking us, prodding us. Is it even possible to resist the darkness?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

IC: Arcane

"Interesting text for a woman of faith," said Arcane.

His footsteps suddenly came alive in sound as he approached Senka's desk. It was as if he just appeared halfway through the room and started to walk.

"Allow me to introduce myself, Priestess. Arcane; Advisor to his majesty Alexander Core."
Back to top Go down
Shadow Moonseye

Shadow Moonseye

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 7:07 pm

Nex nodded. "Of course, Arcane." She pushed herself off the wall after watching Ren depart, and cracked her neck.

"I'll be making my departure, then."

She started towads the door, pausing on the threshold. She glanced back, her eyes focusing on Carn. A small part of her mind noted that Arcane was gone, but she paid it no mind.

"You may accompany me, if you so chose, Carn."

She then opened the door and strode out, quickly making her way down the flights of stairs, before finally reaching the bottom floor. The forsaken stepped outside, letting the wind slam the door shut behind her.

She paused on the sidewalk, waiting to see if Carn would show, or decide to tail someone else.

And so it begins.
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-moonseye.deviantart.com/
Plaguewalker

Location : Today I am here. By tommorrow, I will be gone. What hopes do you have of catching my song?

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 7:17 pm

His dark eyes watched until Arcane had gone, before flicking over to Nex. There was a brief glance between her and Alex, before he gave a breif bow to the latter. "I will leave you to your work, Master Alex." The robed figure departed without another word, descending down the stairs and pushing the door open in total silence. At the sight of Nex awaiting him, the forsaken dropped to one knee in respect.

"Mistress Nex, with four targets is it wise for me to accompany you? Will we be hitting two, or do you have a plan I do not know of?" Carn's eyes watched the red-head quietly, awaiting an answer to solve this conumdrum. If she chose not to give one, he would say not a word.
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 8:14 pm

"That I can't be sure of to be honest. I've been practicing for months and I'm still not sure if even I will be able to face them. The best chance we have is to make sure they don't monologue or try and talk about our personal histories or views unless you think you can handle a conversation with a forsaken of course." Alec admitted as he looked between Lucy and Chance carefully.

"Our best and pretty much only chance of victory is if we face Sean's minions while they're away from Sean as only one of them has the ability to exploit the darkness in people besides Sean, and from her grade reports she wasn't very good at it either...of course she may have gotten better so we'll have to watch out for that as well." The Guardian said as he began to ramble a bit.

"In the end the best thing I think you two can do is practice, practice, practice as much as you can with controlling your emotions, and if you don't completely trust yourselves...then if we get into a fight make sure you stay far away from Sean Arcane."
------------------------------
Senka looked up rather startled as she saw what appeared to be a young man walk into her office. "Well as the High Priestess it is my job to know what's going on in the world so that I may better protect it's people." She recited as she studied Core's advisor carefully.

"Anyways enough of that talk, It's a pleasure to meet the brains behind the charismatic Alexander Core." Senka said as her voice changed from the official and regal sounding voice to a more relaxed, formal, and yet calculating tone.
Back to top Go down
Shadow Moonseye

Shadow Moonseye

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 9:19 pm

Nex flicked her eyes back to Carn, motioning for him to stand.

"We will strike twice." The corner of her mouth twitched, almost as if she wanted to smile. "I do believe that the armies of Lyrel and Thompson will be delighted to see us."

The forsaken turned her eyes down the street, looking for a ride. Her eyes landed on a sizeable truck; she made a few quick mental comparisons before deciding that it would do.

"Carn, I've found our transportation."

She walked down the street, stopping next to the house the truck was parked in front of. The front window shattered quite suddenly, several key rings full of keys coming to Nex's beck and call. They hovered to a stop before her face, she stretched out a hand and plucked the correct set from the air. The rest clattered to the ground and with the press of a button she unlocked the truck.

"Brand new. Shame they didn't get much use out of it."
Back to top Go down
Plaguewalker

Location : Today I am here. By tommorrow, I will be gone. What hopes do you have of catching my song?

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 9:25 pm

Carn rose as commanded, following Nex at a respectful two steps behind. He said nothing as she retrieved the keys, before nodding at her comment. "We need it more than they will, Mistress Nex. They are insignificant to Lord Arcane's plans, therefore insigificant to us."

The forsaken leapt into the back of the truck, landing without a sound. Lowering himself into a sitting position, Carn looked over at Nex. "Should I retrieve my hammer, Mistress, or will I not need it to face the humans?"
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 9:38 pm

"I've never faced another Watcher before, Alec," said Chance, looking over at him and Lucy.

"And I'm pretty sure you guys haven't either, let alone those filled with darkness."

He looked back at the many glowing files on Alec's desk.

"Not to mention that if we manage to get past the Security guarding the Station and make it to the Human Wolrd, we'll be branded as criminals by the Elders; deserters, just like Sean."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Is it?" replied Arcane, taking the seat in front of Senka's desk.

"A Priestess that doesn't believe in what she preaches; you're quite something among the religious that serve you. Do you not believe in the Watchers, My Lady?"
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 9:52 pm

Any of the excitement that Alec had felt earlier withered away as the Guardian nodded and confirmed that he agreed with Chance's assumption.

"It is true that the Elders will....cast us aside as though we had left o join Sean ourselves if we leave. But I was prepared to do this alone at the beginning of the day and I'm prepared to do it with just you two as well." Alec reminded them as he gathered and stacked all the files up together.

"We are going to have to do something about this though, before it's too late. And I know this is an....unfair thing to spring on the both of you but I am leaving tonight, six hours from now. So you will need to decide whether or not your willing to fight Watcher's before then."
---------------------------------------------
"I believe it would be foolish of me not to believe in them, after all they are recorded throughout history. But I don't see any of them as Gods to be quite honest I believe that if they lived among people they would be just as corrupted as the rest of us. That's why they separate themselves, they're most likely scared of what would happen." Senka stated her opinion as she continued to study Core's advisor carefully.

Last edited by Alec on Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 10:48 pm

"You don't believe them to be all powerful then...interesting."

He smiled, leaning forward in his seat.

"His majesty Alexander Core would express his gratitude if you gave him your blessings, My Lady. He has a long road ahead of him, and faith would do the people good."
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 2:18 pm

(Is Rain approved, Fire Lord?)

Lucy let the two boys talk, weighing their words with what she knew. She had figured that there would be some sort of punishment for disobeying orders, but nothing as severe as being marked a criminal. However, that was the least of her worries.

Can I control my emotions enough in a fight?

To put it simply, she didn't know. She had never fought against another Watcher and knew that such a course of action always had its darker consequences. A fight was never something that one could do without feeling some kind of anger or darker emotion. But it was worth the risk, wasn't it?

"I'm going," Lucy said in response to Alec's question. "I am not going to just blindly sit back and let the Forsaken take over things. I'm no coward."
Back to top Go down
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/215440
Shadow Moonseye

Shadow Moonseye

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 2:46 pm

Nex paused at Carn's question, midway into getting into the truck. She mulled the thought over in her head before nodding.

"Yes, retrieve your hammer."

She finished entering the truck, and stuck the keys in the ignition.

"It could be of use to us."

She slammed the door and turned the key, the truck coming to life with a throaty roar. She rolled down the windows, and twisted in her seat so that she could slid open the back window, allowing for her to talk to Carn.
Back to top Go down
nando_c_s

nando_c_s

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 3:09 pm

(I just got s simple question before I make my next post. Who are these important people that we, the forsaken , must break?)
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 3:48 pm

Alec nodded as he heard Lucy's answer. "Well she's certainly decisive, that should help her a bit when it comes to training." The Guardian realized as he finished placing the files into a small bag. "Good well then I'll need you to meet me at starmakers hill in six hours. Bring whatever weapons you think that you'll need, and also bring something that you know humans will find valuable since we might need to buy some of their clothing to blend in down there." Sophranius informed the girl before his gaze turned to Chance.

"So do you still want to come, or would you rather forget everything you've just seen?"
-------------------------------------------
"I would love to help Core, but I need the safety of all the churches holy cities promised to me...and I would also like Daedaulia's grand city of York to be given to the church after it's taken." Senka said as she made a deal with Core's advisor. "Do we have a deal?"
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 9:18 pm

(Alec named the people in one of his posts on the last page. And of course she's accepted Casey Jewels)

Chance's eyes looked from Alec to Lucy.

"We may never get to return home. We'll be banished, exiled. But..."

He nodded with a determined gaze.

"I know now what Sean is doing is wrong, and the Elders are wrong for doing nothing! I'm coming, count on it."

---------------------------------------------------

"A deal?" smiled Sean.

"You have some nerve, My Lady. You would be willing to deny his majesty Core?"

He tilted his head and nodded.

"Very well; we have a deal, Priestess."
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 9:25 pm

Rain

“Vandom, we haven’t been able to find any more info concerning Core’s advisor.”

Rain turned, moved the mike away from her mouth, which extended out from an ear piece she wore, and then let out a low growl at the young woman that had approached her. “What do you mean?” she asked as she held a finger over the mike. “There’s always information. You’re just not looking hard enough.”

She turned away then and resumed her conversation with Thompson via the mike. “No, that wouldn’t work. Takes time, and that’s not something that we have a lot of. Besides, Lyrel and Walsh would just think that it was a grab for power.” Everything was a grab for power these days. She didn’t trust her fellow ‘rebel leaders’ and they didn’t trust her. However, they all knew that they couldn’t do this alone.

“That’s true,” Thompson responded back. “But… Oh, I’ve got to run.” Then he was gone, leaving her with nothing but static in her ear.

“Miss Vandom…”

“What?” Rain asked as she spun back around to face the younger woman. Some of her irritation at Thompson leaked through in her voice, causing the girl to flinch.

“It’s just that…”

“I don’t have time for excuses,” Rain cut in. “I’m a very busy woman. Now tell me the information I need, or go get it, stat.”

The young woman scurried away without another word.

There’s no room for failure at a time like this. the governor of Torem thought to herself as she looked down at the papers she had been rifling through before Thompson had interrupted her.

With a sigh, Rain went back to sorting through the information located on those pages.
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 9:38 pm

"Well then, like I told Lucy gather whatever you can carry and come to Starmaker's hill in five hours and fifty-eight minutes." Alec answered in a satisfied tone as he set his bag full of files down. "Just remember to avoid security as they all probably have scanners for orbs now and of course we can't lose those...." Alec told them as he gave last minute advice before unlocking the hatch so they could leave.

"Good luck."
------------------------------------------
"Good. Well then I'll make the announcement in four hours then, is there anything specific you want me to say during the speech?" Senka asked as she looked up at Core's advisor, satisfied with how easy the negotiations had gone.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 10:01 pm

Lucy

"Got it," Lucy said with a nod and turned to go. She paused at Alec's words about the orbs and her eyes instinctevly flew to her ring, which still was turned backwards. She pulled the piece of jewelry off and dropped it into her shoe. It wasn't the most inventive hiding place, but it would have to do for now.

"See you two then," she told Alec and Chance before making her way out of the hatch. Without waiting for a reply, the artist immediantly started towards home.

She'd grab the few things she would need, take a short nap (for who knew what would happen once they were among the humans), and then be on her way.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 7:36 pm

Chance watched Lucy leave and began to ascend the steps out as well. Just before he left he stopped and turned back to face Alec.

"I went to the Human World many times to try and find Sean. I couldn't find him because he didn't want to be found. Now he doesn't want to be stopped...I hope it doesn't end the same way."

He turned and exited through the hatch.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"That the Gods are on the side of Alexander Core," said Arcane.

"And that the nations of the world will fall by their might; just as these rebellions will."

He smiled, tilting his head.

"Foolish are the population, aren't they, My Lady? See people perform deeds that have no knowledge of and they declare them Gods. I think the Watchers have run their course; it's time for a new age of Gods. People like you and I...his Majesty."
Back to top Go down
Plaguewalker

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 7:40 pm

With a nod of his head, Carn looked to the house. He rose in the back of the truck, before he leapt from the back with a single leap...which carried him straight to the front of the house. He landed gently, barely even making a noise as his feet returned to the ground.

Moments later, he emerged from the house with the massive form of his warhammer in hand. The robed forsaken crossed the street and climbed back aboard the truck. "Sorry to keep you waiting, Mistress Nex."
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 7:54 pm

"It wont, it can't." Alec said quietly as he shut and locked the door behind his two new allies.
The watcher went and sat down on a small couch before looking up at a rather large picture of Sean and him, glowing oddly in the dark room. "Do you hear that Sean? I'm coming to beat you, you wont win this debate when your argument is as flawed as it is. I just hope you realize that before I kill you." The watcher informed the photo, acting as though Sean could hear him through it.

It was true that Sophranius intended to ignore his own rules and talk to Sean before they tried to kill each other, and he wasn't doing it to change the Forsaken's mind. He just wanted answers, and to get those the boy would have to be a threat he realized quickly.

So here he was now possibly leading other people to their own deaths just because he wanted to talk to his corrupted old friend. "Disgusting." Alec said as he turned the photo of him and Sean face down. "I suppose I should prepare myself to leave."
----------------------------------------------------------
"I agree. It's time for a new era to begin...but before I leave I do have two questions for you." Senka declared as she stood up and looked at Arcane. "Are you the actual visionary and architect behind all of Core's plans, and if so, what do you intend to do with Alexander after the world is yours?"
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 8:38 pm

Sean tilted his head at her.

"Of course not; I am merely an advisor. His Majesty Alexander Core will rule this world in the new era. And I am sure, Priestess, you will have a place there. Every person in the world will have a place."

He stood, holding out his hand toward Senka.

"I look forward to hearing your blessing. Lord Core offers his welcome to you; he will gladly house you at the Captial any time you wish."
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 4:50 pm

"I look forward to the next time we meet then Sir Arcane." Senka said politely as she sat gave one last wave of farewell to the Forsaken before sitting down and grabbing a pen. "I certainly need to tighten up security if anyone can just poof into the room.....wait he did just appear into the room, didn't he?" The Priestess realized in surprise as she pondered what had just happened.

"I probably shouldn't think about that for now, better that I write this announcement first." Senka mumbled to herself as she began to plan out her speech.
------------------------------
Ren pulled up to the heavily guarded blockade and stopped her car before getting out, retrieving files out of the glovebox before she closed the car door behind her. "I have some papers for Lady Vandom!" The girl shouted as she held her hand up in the air to make sure the soldiers could see the papers.
The process of being allowed into the city would take hours, possibly days as well, but Ren could be patient until she actually got to meet the leader of this small but powerful resistance.
Back to top Go down
nando_c_s

nando_c_s

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 5:38 pm

Everyone exited the room, everyone except Alex.

Should I go after the remaining man? Nah, it might be too much work. How about…I follow Ren, he goes through the trouble of finding him, and then I take him… Yes, quite a good idea, even if I say so myself.

Alex chuckled as he stood up from his chair. He walked up to the roof of the building and looked at the horizon. There… Alex spotted Ren not so far from the building. She took a car and took off. Alex followed her from the skies until she arrived at a guarded gate. Alex felt bad, using Ren, so he gave her a hand. He shot a lightning bolt which destroyed the entire blockade. After Alex went down to Ren.

“Together” he said softly.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 11:57 pm

Rain

"What the...?"

Rain shoved the chair away from her desk, letting the momentum of her shove carry the wheeled chair to her window. She peered out to see a cloud of smoke in the distance.

"The first blockade?" she murmured. "But who would...?"

She pushed herself back over to her desk and placed her comm back into her ear, knowing that a call from security was due any second. She tapped a few keys on her keyboard and two different windows popped up, both footage of the last five minutes at the blockade.

"I suppose you're watching the tape right now?" her head-of-security asked after she had answered his call.

"Yeah," she answered. Her brown eyes were fixed on the two windows, one a different angle then the other. She watched as a car pulled up and a young woman stepped out, holding up some papers. The girl was a stranger, but yet she acted as if she had every right to see Rain. However, that was nothing compared to what happened next. A bolt of lightning struck the blockade and both cameras became nothing more than static.

"Oh my..." Rain breathed, forgetting that she could be heard.

"You think she was a Watcher?"

Rain gave a shake of her head. "You know that I don't believe in them, Samuel. I'm betting that Core is behind this." She muted the two videos and then replayed them, this time watching the sky. "I want everybody alert and ready to fight, stat. Whoever we're dealing with, they're not fooling around."

Her eyes narrowed as the two videos reached their end. Wait, there it was! The lightning flashed and then it was over. "Initiate Code 1."

She set the two videos back a minute even as the lights overhead changed, flashing a violent red.

"Initiated Code 1," Samuel responded in her ear.

Rain ignored him and let the two videos play, this time at a slower speed. There it was again. She paused the two, tapping her fingers against the screen.

"There's two of them."

And indeed there was. The first was the girl from the car, of course; the second was nothing more than a pair of shoes floating at the top of the two screens.

"Only two?" Samuel questioned. "That's not much of a threat to be putting everyone on Code 1."

"They blew up a blockade with lighting," Rain snapped as she climbed to her feet and walked to the window. "I'm not taking any chances."

Her eyes narrowed at the sight of the smoke.

Whoever these people were, they were fools, for only a fool would announce their presence when they could have just lied themselves through clearance. Instead, they had given her warning.

But they were powerful fools.

And that was all that mattered.

Last edited by Casey Jewels on Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 12:50 am

Ren dropped her papers in frustration as she realized the plan she had was now ruined, not even caring that there were other ways she could have saved it. "I suppose we might as well." The Forsaken reluctantly agreed with Alex as she opened herself up and let her emotions spread. Fear, frustration, desperation, cowardice, and then the thoughts of giving up or simply committing suicide spread throughout the few remaining soldiers of the first blockade. A few were even shooting themselves as they were surprised and overwhelmed with feeling Ren's power.

The girl started walking forward as she studied the battlefield before her and made sure to put extra pressure on the soldiers who were resisting, even making them run away was more of a benefit then allowing their bravery to stay alive. "Sean's going to be annoyed if anyone lives and spreads the word about what happened here." Ren realized as she looked at a working security camera for a second before continuing to walk ahead.
----------------------------------------------------
IC: Alec Sophronius

Alec looked around nervously as he sat down at the top of Starmaker's hill, a known but unpopular landmark in the realm. As the realm never grew completely dark at night like it did on earth, Alec could still see around the bottom of the hill threw a dim but pleasant twilight. "They should be here soon, any minute in fact....hopefully neither of them were lying and aren't going straight to the Elder's about my plans as we speak." Sophronius reminded himself as he realized how foolish or desperate he must be to just allow people who had asked to join that day to come with him.

"No Matter now I suppose it's too late to ponder those things." The Guardian reminded himself aloud as he fidgeted with his necklace, making sure to not set off the Orb but still allowing it to glow a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Watchers (Rated T)   The Watchers (Rated T) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Watchers (Rated T)
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next