New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Avatar: The Birth of a New World

Go down 
+3
almostinsane99
TokoToTheEnd
Magus1108
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

Avatar: The Birth of a New World - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Birth of a New World   Avatar: The Birth of a New World - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 9:49 am

"There is to a need," Toph growled. "You want your pie, you're going to get it." It was the least she could do, with everything Longshot had done for her. Though, she had to admit, a less crowded setting would have been more ideal. She could feel the stares, and with them came the slightest twinge of fear.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/215440
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Birth of a New World   Avatar: The Birth of a New World - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 7:25 pm

((Very well, then. Hm. How shall this work out, then...hm. I'll ask MST.))

Lovett

"Fine, fine, you'll get your fruit pie." Lovett said, gaving a dramatic sigh at Toph's demands. "No more special orders? Good! Two fruit pies, and two meat pies. I'll be back when they're ready."

Lovett wandered off, and any attention that had been placed onto Toph soon vanished. After waiting for some time the pies were finally brought to them. Mai took her meat pie and began to eat it with the grace of a noble lady, surprisingly. And as she and her companions started on their meal, Mai could not help but revert to old training as she covertly listened in on the group of men at the nearest table. Which wasn't too hard, considering how loud one of them was being...

"...I can't believe your boys actually left here, Saunchu! I mean, have they lost their minds?! Sure, this town has seen better days, but it's still home! Not to mention I think all that drivel we've been hearing about Long Feng's 'glorious utopia' are nothing but lies. Your boys should be smarter than to believe anything Dai Li agents say. I mean, sure, they might be able to find a good teacher there for earthbending training at Ba Sing Se, but still...."

Mai soon tuned out what else the man had to say, and processed the scant information. Hm. Long Feng...if the reports she read on the Earth Kingdom a year ago were still accurate, he must be the Emperor of the Province of Yaou Ze. Interesting. And...wasn't Ba Sing Se his capital? Hm....if it was possible they could find Katara teacher there, this might be worth looking into...
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Birth of a New World   Avatar: The Birth of a New World - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 9:07 pm

Longshot couldn't help but smile slightly at Toph. He knew that she felt she owed him, though he didn't believe so, and it touched him that she cared that much about him, even if she was brash and subtle as platypus bear.

"Thank you," he told both Lovett and Toph as he sat down and ate his own pie, which turned out to be apple. His favorite. He glanced at the girls.

"Where do you think we should head?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Birth of a New World   Avatar: The Birth of a New World - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 9:08 pm

Toph grinned at Longshot between bites of her own pie, which was disappearing quite fast. She knew that she should slow down and savor each bite, but it tasted so good that she just couldn't help but stuff more and more of it into her mouth. Maybe she would have to become rich, so that she could dine on this stuff every day.

After swallowing down her last bite, she turned her attention to Longshot's question. What was their next destination? They needed an earthbending master, but where to look...? "I haven't got much of an idea," she said. "If I did, I wouldn't be... teacherless right now."
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Birth of a New World   Avatar: The Birth of a New World - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 3:01 am

"And I don't know much about the Earth Kingdom in general, let alone where we might find a teacher," Katara said, sporadicly taking bites of her meat pie. "But we need to avoid Emperor Bumi's men as much as possible."

---------------------------------------------------------

"The Boulder understands. The Boulder wouldn't want to say that he was a hopeless failure descended from traitorous scum. Your task was doomed from the start, for you are too weak and pathetic to capture the Avatar," the Boulder taunted.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Birth of a New World   Avatar: The Birth of a New World - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 2:28 pm

For his part, Longshot tried to savor each bite of the pie, but he too was unable to resist the urge to eat the dessert so quickly. It had been so long since he tasted something sweet. Sugar and honey were expensive and only the very rich could dine on such foods regularly. He hadn't had pie since...

No, those were memories best not dwelt upon. That madhouse was a prison. A palace, but a prison nonetheless, with a crazed warden with plans for world domination. He finished his pie, using the sweet taste to take his mind away from such dark places.

"I don't know either," he said, "Ba Sing Se is full of earthbenders, but I have no idea who rules it or if it's safe."

He nodded in agreement with Katara, "Bumi is a madman. If he ever caught you... He'd give you "tests"."

He frowned as he realized what he said. He hadn't thought about his past in years. It must have slipped into his speech somehow. He glanced at the girls nervously. He didn't need them picking up that he was familiar with the mad Emperor.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Birth of a New World   Avatar: The Birth of a New World - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 6:27 pm

Mai

"From what I heard, some guy named Long Feng rules it," Mai commented, as she finished her pie.

"But either way, going to Ba Sing Se seems our best bet. I hear that the Dai Li train and recruite there, and it's been said they're the most elite of the earthbenders. The only other place I know that is abundant in earthbending masters is Omashu, and, well, that isn't an option at all. It seems our only choice is heading there."

Last edited by Magus1108 on Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Birth of a New World   Avatar: The Birth of a New World - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 5:36 pm

"Haru's not hopeless," Meng shot out, as she took a small step forward, towards the Boulder, her loyalty to Haru giving her a momentarily burst of courage. Nobody insulted him, not when he was trying so hard. "He's hot on the Avatar's trail!"

---

Toph's hand reached out and found Longshot's. She squeezed it tightly, to let him know that she was there. "If they are the elite, then I agree," she said to the group. "Ba Sing Se is where we should go."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Birth of a New World   Avatar: The Birth of a New World - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 7:05 pm

Longshot blinked in surprise. Had Toph guessed? She always seemed to know how to read him. He nodded in agreement with her, "Ba Sing Se does have its share of archers for its walls."
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Birth of a New World   Avatar: The Birth of a New World - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 7:49 pm

"Sounds like Ba Sing Se would be a good place to go," Katara said. "But I need to go find my brother first. That was why I left in the first place, I can focus on my Avatar duties after, when I know he's safe."

-------------------------------------------------------------

The Boulder raised an eyebrow at the small girl's outburst. "Is that so," he asked.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Birth of a New World   Avatar: The Birth of a New World - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 10:27 am

Haru

"No, she's lying!" Haru quickly replied, a flash of uncontrollable fear appearing on his face. He continued on, dearly hoping that The Boulder wouldn't have a rare moment of clarity and recognize his obvious false claim.

"Meng has no idea what she's talking about. She's simply trying to make myself appear better."

Mai

"He's being held captive somewhere in the Northern Water Tribe, yes?" Mai questioned. "Then we'd have a long way to go. Even longer than the way to Ba Sing Se. Not to mention it's highly likely we'd be captured ourselves. After all, you might be able to blend in, but we're hardly the right skin color for a Tribesman."

Mai would have gone on, but her face went ashen as an older man walked into the pie shop, and took a seat. Mai clutched at the table, as her breathing noticeably picked up. She swallowed nervously, and attempted a few breathing exercises to calm herself before giving up entirely.

"W-We need to leave. Now." Mai finally said, never taking her eyes off of the older man. "And I mean right now."

Last edited by Magus1108 on Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Birth of a New World   Avatar: The Birth of a New World - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 1:12 pm

"Oops..." Meng breathed as she quickly stepped backwards, quite appalled at what she had just done. But it wasn't fair, that Haru was talked down to in such a way.

Aunt Wu placed a hand on her shoulder and gently steered the young girl to just behind her as she stepped forward. "What have I told you about tall tales?" she said in a scolding tone to Meng, hoping that the girl had enough sense to play along, and hoping that the Boulder would buy it.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Birth of a New World   Avatar: The Birth of a New World - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 7:19 pm

Toph tilted her head slightly to the side, her light eyes more unfocused than usual as she extended her senses outwards, but there was no immediate danger she could sense. Still, it was rather obvious that one of the newcomers into this place had frightened Mai quite badly, with the way that the girl's heart was beating frantically.

Toph didn't question, but pushed her chair back and stood.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Birth of a New World   Avatar: The Birth of a New World - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 8:24 pm

Longshot glanced over at Mai's eyes, slowly looking to where she was staring but trying to appear casual about it. That old man spooked her, but why?

He frowned, but stood up as well. Everyone had their secrets. He was sure Mai would tell them who that man was when they were out of sight. He nodded and headed for the door, occasionally glancing at Mai and the old man just incase.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Birth of a New World   Avatar: The Birth of a New World - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 12:18 am

Katara didn't look toward where Mai was, she didn't want to draw any attention to themselves. She heard the urgency in Mai's voice, and didn't question her, standing up with the others. If they could just act natural instead of tensing up then maybe they'd be able to get out without any problems.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Boulder rubbed his chin, looking from Haru to Meng to Aunt Wu, a look of contemplation upon his face, which looked a bit odd on him. He finally dropped his hand from his chin and said, "The Boulder understands, in one so young, the desire to hide a failure's shame is overpowering, for no young one can bear to see someone so full of shame."
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

Location : 'ow's I suppost ta know? Now get back ta work, ya miserable grot!

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Birth of a New World   Avatar: The Birth of a New World - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 12:57 am

June, overhearing the statement made, as well as clearly hearing the young girl's slip up, stood up from her table, collecting her total winnings for the night, and approached, "Don't mind me; I just overheard your conversation." she said, taking a sip of her tea as she calmly continued, "As I understand it, you have a delicate mission that needs handling, and the who seems to be even more delicate..." she leveled her gaze coolly at Haru, "If you're interested, I'd be willing to offer my services for the right price. I don't need to know names, but if you have an item that belonged to your target...I guarantee I'll find them," she said.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Birth of a New World   Avatar: The Birth of a New World - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 9:12 am

Haru

"You present a rather....interesting offer," Haru began, eying June warily. He wasn't entirely sure if it'd be wise to take her up on her offer....but then again, he had come to hire some additional men to join his expedition team....perhaps this odd girl would be a good addition to that team.

"But you can work for me, I suppose." he finished.

Mai

After a second Mai gently rose up, and tried not to stare over at the old man across the room as she left a few coins on the table for the owner. Carefully, she walked out of the pie shop with her companions. It was only when they were far outside did Mai realize she was holding her breath. The young girl quickly breathed again, and gave a shaky sigh.

"T-Thanks I appreciate--"

"Going so soon, my darling Mai?"

Mai froze up completely, and slowly turned her head to see the old man from before now standing behind her. Her eyes widened frantically, and Mai trembled as she began to hyperventilate.

"It is quite surprising to see you alive, Mai." the old man continued, not bothered at all by her extreme reaction to him. "After all, we thought you had drowned at sea. But it seems you survived after all. Most excellent. Now....I believe it's time you stopped your little teenage rebellion, and come back to the Fire Nation with me. We've all missed you so much, darling. Especially me."

The old man grinned, causing Mai to flinch and quickly back away from him, nearly bumping into Toph by accident. Her fear only seemed to amuse the man, as he chuckled and stepped toward her.
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Birth of a New World   Avatar: The Birth of a New World - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 8:44 pm

June simply smiled as she turned a chair towards her, sitting in it, "Great, now...let's talk price," she said, calmly sipping her tea. After a few moments of silence, she looked at Haru after briefly glancing at the young girl and the old woman, "Make me an offer...and make it good." she said, not explicitly saying it had to be gold....

...it just had to be good.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Birth of a New World   Avatar: The Birth of a New World - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 3:43 pm

Longshot moved before he could even consider what course of action to take. He had already unstrapped his bow, nocked an arrow, aimed it at the old man, "Leave my companions, alone."

He said this shortly, instinctively. There was no doubt he'd fight if it came down to it.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Birth of a New World   Avatar: The Birth of a New World - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 10:55 pm

Meng's red face stared past Aunt Wu and at the newcomer. How could she have made such a careless mistake? And this woman had heard her slip too...

Aunt Wu smiled politely at the Boulder, and then glanced towards the newcomer and Haru. "We can discuss this over tea," she said to them. Somewhere more private, where the details of their mission could not be overheard.

---

Toph stepped back, keeping out of Longshot's way, and then shifted her body and weight around slightly, ready for a fight, should one break out. She didn't know Mai too well, but still she saw the girl as a friend--and she didn't have much of those.

Last edited by Casey Jewels on Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Birth of a New World   Avatar: The Birth of a New World - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 11:04 pm

June smiled at the woman, getting the idea, "Sounds like a plan; I was staring to run empty anyways," she said turning her empty glass over as he set it on the table. Smiling back at the old woman, she winked at the younger girl who had now realized the gravity of her slip-up.

Thankfully, the Boulder seemed as dense as his name implied.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Birth of a New World   Avatar: The Birth of a New World - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 12:32 am

The Boulder

"The Boulder will take his leave now. Have fun chasing shadows," The Boulder announced and left the group. Once he was out of sight he called over one of his guards. "Interrogate Haru's people, see what they know about his reasons for leaving, and especially any information about the Avatar."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Katara

Katara joined in with the other two, undoing the clasp on her water-skin , bending the water out in front of her. Mai was really freaked out, this only time she had ever displayed fear. A testament to this man's power, though what kind she wasn't sure she wanted to find out.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Birth of a New World   Avatar: The Birth of a New World - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 9:50 pm

Haru

"Discussing this over tea sounds good to me." Haru replied, barely paying any notice to The Boulder's exit. The former Regent walked over to a table in the back, and motioned for Meng, Aunt Wu, and June to join him. Once they were all there, Haru began to talk to June, lowering his voice to make sure they were unheard.

"As you heard, we are searching for the Avatar. She's a young girl from the Water Tribe, and from what we can tell she's only mastered Waterbending thus far. Still, she's a dangerous person to face. She also has three companions with her, an earthbender, an archer, and a warrior. And if that wasn't enough, she also has a giant Wolf at her beck and call as well. With all that combined might, the Avatar is a formidable foe. But if you think you can handle that, then you're welcome to help us." Haru stated.

Mai, Stranger

The old man gave a raspy laugh, and shook his head in amusement. He gave a toothless grin, and fixed his gaze on all of them.

"A noble sentiment, protecting your friend. However, I advise you all stand down. Now. I do not wish to hurt anyone, if necessary. All I want is my darling Mai back. That's all. No reason to die for her, now."

To illustrate his point, the old man lit fire up a wisp of on his open palm. Mai stared at the flame in horror, flinching upon seeing the burning flame. However, a change soon came upon her. The young girl balled her hands into fists, and soon regained control over her breathing as she calmed herself. Her extreme fear soon twisted itself into barely controlled rage, as she gave the old man an intense glare.

"I am not coming back to the Fire Nation." Mai spoke with conviction. "I am never going back, especially with you, Umiel."

The man identified as Umiel narrowed his eyes, and scowled at her. "I am afraid you do not have a choice in the matter, darling. You are coming with me. Or else your little friends get burned."

Mai glared back defiantly at him, though she glanced at Longshot, Katara, and Toph with uncertainty. Did she really want to risk their lives in this matter?
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Birth of a New World   Avatar: The Birth of a New World - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 12:49 am

June

Not even bothering to spare Haru a glance, she waited until she had a refill on her tea, then took a sip. Cracking her neck, she still didn't look at him, "That's cute, really it is, but you missed the point. Given that the target is the Avatar, the price is relatively high as a standard fee..." she said, taking another sip, ", but in your long-winded, and poorly rehearsed speech...you've yet to make me an offer." she said coolly, looking into her tea cup.

"I honestly don't care if your target is the Avatar, I don't even care if you don't have the gold to afford my services. I said, make me an offer...and make it good." turning her head, she pierced the boy with her visible eye, "Now I'm a usually busy girl enjoying my down time, so talk...or I walk."
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Birth of a New World   Avatar: The Birth of a New World - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 9:49 pm

Katara

Mai's reaction gave Katara the confidence she needed. "I am sorry, sir, but if Mai does not want to go with you, I will defend her. She's done the same for me," the Avatar declared. Her face was set with a determined look, even with the suspicion that this man was out of any of their leagues.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Birth of a New World   Avatar: The Birth of a New World - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Avatar: The Birth of a New World
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next