New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Avatar: World at Crisis   Avatar: World at Crisis I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 10:12 pm

Eight hundred years have passed since the end of the Hundred Years War. Peace has been present for the last few hundred years, wars only breaking out every once in awhile, and short wars at that. Technology has advanced greatly, from the invention of guns and planes to the invention of better medicines and the automobile. The Avatars have helped maintain the peace, doing their best to keep the balance and stop conflicts if any happen.

Governments of the Four Nations have changed as well. With the help of Avatar Aang and others, the Air Nation was remade, under the new name of the Air Warrior Monks, eventually shortened to Air Warriors. Avatar Aang remade the Air Nation as a mixture of both monks and warriors, so that if they were ever attacked again they could defend themselves better. The Water Tribes still remain the same, ruled by chiefs, though the two Tribes have better ties to each other and the rest of the world.

The Fire Nation has changed greatly, thanks to reforms made by Fire Lord Zuko and his heirs over the centuries. A formal Senate has been created and kept for the past two hundred years, and have more says in matters internal and external in the Fire Nation. The Royal Family still exists, and a Monarchy still reigns. The Fire Lord does not have as much power as he once held, though.

The Earth Kingdom has become more unified since the Hundred Years War, leading to the creation of two new governments. The Northern Earth Republic States, a democracy, and the Earth Empire of the Southern Imperial States, an absolute monarchy. While the continent is far from being completely united, it is the hope of many that the Earth Kingdom continent will one day be ruled by the same government.

Through all the changes and revolutions, the Avatar has guided the world. Total war has not touched the land in many years, many people calling this the Golden Age of the Four Nations. Times could not be better.

However, things change. It is only a matter of time until the flames of War are ignited once again...

In the Earth Empire, the Crown Prince is assassinated. The Emperor is outraged by this, and points the finger at the nation's neighbor. The Earth Republic denies all accusations, and soon all the kingdoms are enveloped into this conflict. War has not yet erupted, but it may soon. The recently revealed Avatar has volunteered to investigate the matter, along with his teachers, as a third party. It is their hope they can avoid war and find out who truly murdered the Crown Prince.

However, not all want to avoid war. Their are people in the shadows who wish to see the inferno of war turned on once more, and they will stop at nothing to make sure the Avatar's investigation fails. In this turbulent era, will the Avatar succeed in thrwarting the shadows and help to avoid war? Or will he fail, and plunge the world into a new darkness unseen since eight hundred years ago? History is still unfolding, so anything can happen...

To make things clear, technology at this time is around pre-WW2 stuff. No computers yet, no nuclear weapons, or other convinences of the modern world. Oh, and before I forget to say, swords have not fallen out of practice, but aren’t used as much in the battlefield. The gun usually wins over the sword. Swords are only used in close combat. Also, the three teachers of the Avatar are needed characters. The elements they will teach will be decided upon you (though you may also want to discuss it with the person who takes the Avatar, to see what nation they'll have him/her come from).

Rules:

1: No God-modding, no Mary Sues, and no Gary Stues.
2: If you want to kill the character of another player, ask them their permission first.
3: This is rated PG-13, so please don’t make the battle scenes too gory. Also, please don’t have the couples do anything beyond kissing in this RP.
4: You may have as many characters as you want, so long as you can keep up with them.
5: I have the right to change and add to the rules.
6: Have fun!
7: Please do not make any OCs any younger than 13.
8: Posts must be literate. At least three to four sentences.
9: You must have proper grammar and spelling. The occasional misspelling and mistake are all right, but don’t make a habit out of it.
10: Keep language PG-13, or somewhere near it.
11: Type “Yes, your Majesty!” to show you’ve read the rules. You won’t be accepted if you haven’t read them.

NEEDED CHARACTERS:

The Avatar: TokoToTheEnd
First Teacher: AI
Second Teacher: sean_hiruki
Third Teacher:

CHARACTER SHEET:

Username:
Name:
Bender: (Yes, no, what kind if yes?)
Allegiance: (Fire Nation, Air Warriors, Earth Empire, ect. Choose which one you’re loyal to.)
Appearance:
History:
Weapons:

Last edited by Magus1108 on Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:37 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: World at Crisis   Avatar: World at Crisis I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 10:49 pm

Can I reserve one of the teachers and the Fire Lord, please?
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: World at Crisis   Avatar: World at Crisis I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 11:24 pm

Yes, you may.
Back to top Go down
sean_hiruki

sean_hiruki

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: World at Crisis   Avatar: World at Crisis I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 10:14 am

I call second teacher and Earth Lord please?
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: World at Crisis   Avatar: World at Crisis I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 10:26 am

Username: TokoToTheEnd
Name: Iyasu
Bender: The Avatar, but starts out as a Water bender
Allegiance: Water Tribes (Southern), though as the Avatar, she technically is allied with all Nations
Appearance: Iyasu Only her hair is dark brown and her robes are the usual blue color.
History: Iyasu grew up in the Southern Water Tribe, her family close friends with the Chief there and so Iyasu had a pretty good childhood. She learned how to waterbend fairly easily and how to use both a sword and guns, though she preferred bending. Iyasu always thought she would live a normal Water Tribe life and probably marry the Chief's son, but things changed for her when she learned she was the Avatar. Afraid at first, Iyasu was tempted to flee and hid, but when she heard about how a war may be started, she accepted her duty as the Avatar.
Weapons: Does have a sword, but also uses two smaller guns

Username: TokoToTheEnd
Name: Rao Bei Fong
Bender: No
Allegiance: Earth Republic
Appearance: Rao
History: Rao is a descendant of Toph, but just barely. When he found out about his ancestory, Rao decided not to flaunt that fact. Sadly when he tried to earthbend, he found he was not able to. Instead his younger sibling was. So Rao decided to master weapons instead. The more he learned, the more he decided he wanted to serve the Earth Republic. Since his family was still nobles, his parents were able to get him a job as a guard in the major city. They all moved there so Rao wouldn't have to be alone. When Rao heard rumors of a war, he decided to see if there was anyway he could help.
Weapons: Has a rifle he uses and also small explosives (if that's ok)

“Yes, your Majesty!”

Last edited by TokoToTheEnd on Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: World at Crisis   Avatar: World at Crisis I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 3:26 pm

Reserve noted. Almost accepted, Toko. Forgot one last thing. Also Sean, I would prefer the term 'Earth Emperor' for the Earth Empire (if you're reserving for him, and not the Earth Republic.)
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: World at Crisis   Avatar: World at Crisis I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 3:44 pm

Oh oops. I fixed it.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: World at Crisis   Avatar: World at Crisis I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 4:01 pm

Alright, now you're accepted. Ok, for the two that have taken the teachers, please decide on what element you'll teach.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: World at Crisis   Avatar: World at Crisis I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 4:36 pm

(I'll take fire.)

Username: almostinsane
Name: Fire Lord Mako
Bender: Fire
Allegiance: Fire Nation
Appearance: http://www.theavatarportal.org/sozin1.jpg
History: Mako grew up in the Fire Nation royal family, the eldest son of the Fire Lord and Fire Lady. He is a direct descendant of Fire Lord Zuko and Fire Lord Ozai, something he is quite proud of. Since becoming Fire Lord at age, 21 Mako has proved to be a conservative ruler with a fiery spirit. Throughout his career, he has kept an eye on the Senate, keeping it from grabbing it more power, or allowing some of its more corrupt members to gain more power for themselves. He has also been firm in his attempts to maintain Fire Nation sovereignty.
Weapons: Firebending, a sword, and a handgun.

Username: almostinsane
Name: Prince Hiroshi
Allegiance: Fire Nation
Appearance: http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs15/f/2007/020/6/1/Senshi_Sketch_Dump_by_Goddess_Of_Sugar.jpg
History: The eldest son and heir of Fire Lord Mako, Hiroshi is loyal to his nation and to his people, but he has always wanted to see the world outside of the Fire Nation. He has displayed an affinity to firebending in the extraordinary degree typical of the Royal Family and has recently been declared a firebending master. He is a natural leader, but he can come off as bossy and agressive. Recently, he's joined the Avatar in his travels and has enjoyed traveling outside his country.
Weapons: Firebending, katana, and a handgun.

(Yes your majesty)
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: World at Crisis   Avatar: World at Crisis I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 5:11 pm

Accepted.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: World at Crisis   Avatar: World at Crisis I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 12:01 am

I'll put these up for now. I'll finish them later.

Username: Magus1108
Name: Xau
Bender: Yes, Air
Allegiance: Air Warriors
Appearance: http://www.freewebs.com/pegaknightest/Mace%20Windu.jpg
History: Xau was born in the Water Tribes, but his mother was an airbender. While he showed no ability to bend water, he could bend air. When he was five Xau moved from the North Pole to the Northern Air Temple, to learn airbending. Since then he has become a master. While he was born in the Water Tribes, Xau is exceedingly loyal to the Air Warriors. Xau is now an ambassador in the Air Warriors, along with the role of leadership in the Warrior militia. He is willing to help the Avatar in whatever ways she needs it, for the moment.
Weapons: A single pistol.

Username:
Name:
Allegiance: (Fire Nation, Air Warriors, Earth Empire, ect. Choose which one you’re loyal to.)
Appearance: http://haruki.deviantart.com/art/Earth-Kingdom-s-Shen-Qin-25666699
History:
Weapons:

Username:
Name:
Appearance:
History:
Weapons:

Username: Magus1108
Name: Mao
Bender: No
Allegiance: Her only allegiance is to her employers and herself
Appearance: Dark long hair, light skin, and blue eyes.
History: Much of Mao's past is unknown, because she is unwilling to share it. Three years ago Mao became a bounty hunter, and climbed her way through the rankss.
Weapons: Two twin pistols, a few knives, and a vial of poison

Last edited by Magus1108 on Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: World at Crisis   Avatar: World at Crisis I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 12:10 pm

I changed Rao's age if that's ok. I wanted him to be older.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: World at Crisis   Avatar: World at Crisis I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 4:48 pm

Fine with me.
Back to top Go down
Lol Lol Lol

Lol Lol Lol

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: World at Crisis   Avatar: World at Crisis I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 2:00 pm

It looks like the third teacher is still open so I shall claim him/her. :3 The teacher will be earth.

Yes, your Majesty!
Back to top Go down
http://bulbsquirmanderchu.deviantart.com/
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: World at Crisis   Avatar: World at Crisis I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 2:19 pm

Ok.
Back to top Go down
Lol Lol Lol

Lol Lol Lol

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: World at Crisis   Avatar: World at Crisis I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 4:05 pm

Username: Lolx3
Name: Hetas
Bender: Earth
Allegiance: Earth Republic
Appearance: Hetas (Except with jet black hair.)
History: Hetas was born in a family of snobs who had somehow inherited money from one of those long lost uncles twice removed. She hated her family and finally detached herself from them at 14. She was happy to teach the Avatar earthbending and is even happier to travel along with her in this investigation.
Weapons: A duel sword, a long range rifle, and a knife.

Username: Lolx3
Name: Prince Minhe
Bender: Nope.
Allegiance: Earth Empire
Appearance: Minhe
History: Minhe is the second oldest in the Earth Emperor's line, which with the death of the Crown Prince makes him the new heir to the throne. During his childhood he was always semi-neglected because he wasn't the oldest. But now with his brother gone he could make do without so much attention.
Weapons: A handgun, some shurikens.

I hope my Earth Prince is alright. If need be I'll change him into some random dude. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://bulbsquirmanderchu.deviantart.com/
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: World at Crisis   Avatar: World at Crisis I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 5:18 pm

Accepted.
Back to top Go down
sean_hiruki

sean_hiruki

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: World at Crisis   Avatar: World at Crisis I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 9:28 pm

so what teacher teaches what?
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: World at Crisis   Avatar: World at Crisis I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 11:26 pm

AI took fire, Lol has earth, and that leaves you with air.
Back to top Go down
sean_hiruki

sean_hiruki

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: World at Crisis   Avatar: World at Crisis I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 12:04 am

Groovy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: World at Crisis   Avatar: World at Crisis I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1