New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
zukoscrazyfangirl

zukoscrazyfangirl

Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open)   Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 5:35 pm

Julian had not really known Near or Mello all that well when she was in Wammy's, but when she recieved the email about the case, she couldn't resist accepting. It was only after she met him that she remembered Mello from the orphanage. She came into the building shortly after Mello.
"What'd I miss?" She asked nonchalantly.

----
Near smiled to himself, he had surprisingly agreed to clean up his toys until the new arrivals were settled. He hit the intercom button.
"You may come up, we are ready for you." He anounced, and pressed the button to send the elevator down.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open)   Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 9:37 pm

Mello

"Nothing much," Mello commented to Julian, briefly listening to what Near said via the intercom.

"Hello, Aura." Mello said to her, giving her a nod. Good, they had both come here. They'd need all the help in the investigation, and Mello believed the two girls would be a great asset to the case.

"Shall we go up, then?" he asked them both. Mello didn't look forward to meeting Near again, after so many years, but it needed to be done. His personal feelings about his rival did not matter, if they wanted to save the world L had sacrificed himself to save.
Back to top Go down
zukoscrazyfangirl

zukoscrazyfangirl

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open)   Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 9:47 pm

"I suppose so. Who is this guy anyway?" She asked. She headed over to the lift as the doors opened. She stepped inside, and looked around, It was a strange lift, all metal, with doors on all four sides of the little room.
Back to top Go down
Ariana

Ariana

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open)   Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 10:13 pm

((Wasn't really sure what to do with Sayu, since she doesn't know much/anything/anyone, so I hope this is good enough.))

Aura

Aura nodded back, heading to the lift as well. Once inside, waiting for Mello, she turned to Julian. "I have no leads yet. Mello? You holding any information from us?"

Sayu
Sayu fell back on her bed. The internet was a-buzz with news and rumors of a new Kira. It seemed hopeless. Would they ever catch him? Her brother had died in the fight to commend Kira, but she never new how. She had asked her father once if Kira had found him out and killed him, and the man had gotten eerily quiet and told her to leave. The killings had stopped for a while, but now Kira was supposedly back?

Sayu got up, finally deciding to take initiative. Her brother had been brave, now she would too. Soichiro obviously knew more than he let on, and Sayu decided to make it her mission to find out what.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open)   Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 12:38 am

((It's fine.))

Mello

Mello shook his head as he entered the elevator. The doors closed quickly, and the lift starting going up. "We have several suspects who possibly may be Kira--Misa Amane being the chief one at the moment, considering she was the second Kira--but we've no concrete evidence yet. However this joint investigation will help find such evidence. Matt's checking out some leads while he's in New York. He's also wrapping up a case there for me, so we won't be seeing him for awhile."

The elevator stopped with a soft chime, and the doors opened.

Soichiro Yagami

Soichiro Yagami stared at the case-files scattered before him on the dinning room table, giving a deep sigh as he looked at them. All the files held all documented records of the current Kira murders, and whoever was Kira this time around seemed to be following the same method. It seemed as if the nightmare Soichiro had just started getitng over was returning again.

"Damn it all!" Soichiro cursed, slamming a fist on the table. Had L and his son's death been in vain!? Had they died for nothing? L had sacrificed his life to take down Light, and now another maniac was continuing the work of his gone son. After so much recovery, how could this have happened? Would the cycle repeat again and again, until Soichiro finally lost his sanity?

"Light...L...I'm sorry." Soichiro whispered, resisting the tears that threatened to come. His son had been corrupted and destroyed by the Death Note...how could this happen again, to another innocent person? Would another set of parents have to lose their child because of Kira, like he had?
Back to top Go down
Ariana

Ariana

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open)   Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 1:04 am

Aura

Aura nodded and pulled a note book out of her bag. She titled the page 'SUSPECTS' and wrote down in shaky handwriting, caused by the shaky lift, 'Misa Amane'. "Geez, Matt's working the case, too? Everyone's here..." She turned to Julian as she stepped out of the lift. "I don't know if you remember me, Julian, but we had AP Calculus together back at Wammy's."

Sayu

Sayu bounded downstairs into the dining room. Her first approach to finding out the truth would be the easiest; ask. She was surprised to see her dad at the table, files, papers, and folders spread around him. She caught a few names and phrases. 'L'. 'Ryuuzaki'. 'Shinigami'. 'Light Yagami'. 'Death Note'. Sayu filed these away in her brain for later use.

She stepped forward, making her presence known. "...Daddy?"
Back to top Go down
zukoscrazyfangirl

zukoscrazyfangirl

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open)   Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 7:34 am

"Oh yeah, I remember, nice to see you again." She said, smiling as she stepped off the lift. The lift shut but it didn't go anywhere because Near controlled if anybdy got on or off the lift.
There was a... person sitting on the ground in white... are those pajamas? Julian stood where she was.

"Hello, Mello, nice to see you again." Near said in his steady monotone.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open)   Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 7:37 pm

Mello

Mello stepped off of the lift, just as it shut behind him. Mello resisted the urge to glare fiercely at Near, or do something else he might regret later (but flipping him off would feel so good....well, maybe next time.).

"Likewise, Near." Mello said, meaning anything but that. Though he managed to retain a calm and neutral tone.

Soichiro

Soichiro looked back at his daughter, momentarily surprised at her presence. He quickly put out a forced smile, quickly covering some of the files on the table.

"Yes, Sayu? Is there something you need?"
Back to top Go down
zukoscrazyfangirl

zukoscrazyfangirl

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open)   Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 8:03 pm

"Please, settle in, the sooner we can get started the better," Near said, eyeing the cabinet his transformers were in.

Julian hung her coat up on a hook, and sat down in a computer chair, swiveling back and forth.
Back to top Go down
Ariana

Ariana

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open)   Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 11:07 pm

Aura

Aura smiled too, her smile fading when she saw the small boy half-kneeling ahead of her. "Good to see you, Near." She said, curtly, and sat down on her knees on the floor. It wasn't that she disliked Near, she just didn't understand him, and things Aura didn't understand tended to upset her.

"So," She started. "What's the first matter of business?"

Sayu

"I... I heard about the new Kira." Sayu said, slightly unsure of herself now. "From the internet. Everyone's talking about it." She took a deep breath.

"Daddy... How did the last case end? What happened to Light? Who... Who was Kira, Daddy? I know I'm young, Daddy, but I'm old enough to know these things."
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open)   Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 11:57 pm

Mello

Mello gave a nod and looked around for a chair, though found none other than the one Julian was sitting in. Mello momentarily considered taking a seat on the floor himself, but decided against it. Doing that would be lowering him to Near's standards, and (while some may call it petty) he wouldn't allow himself to do that. So Mello stood where he was.

"The first matter," Mello began, "Is to narrow our list of possible suspects for Kira. We already know Amane was the Second Kira, and thus is one of our prime suspects. But if it isn't her, we'll have to do a little digging around and see who else may be. I can think of two more possible suspects off the top of my head, actually."

Soichiro

Soichiro closed his eyes in thought. Should he tell Sayu the truth? No, his mind immediately responded. If he could help it, Sayu and Sachiko would never learn the truth. They deserved to think good of Light, and the truth would forever change their view of him. No, Soichiro couldn't do that to his family.

"Sayu...I already told you. Just as we were close to capturing him, Kira killed Light. He fought bravely to the end, and we made sure to avenge him. With the information we had, L managed to capture Kira, and he was subsequently executed for his crimes against humanity. As for who Kira was...I'm sorry Sayu, I can't tell you. It's classified information. Even if you are old enough to know the truth, you can't know."
Back to top Go down
zukoscrazyfangirl

zukoscrazyfangirl

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open)   Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 4:08 pm

"Would you care to share with the class?" Near asked, with the ever lightest smug undertone. The white haired boy, motioned to the people around them.

Julian sat quietly, she knew the two didn't like each other, but picking sides had never been her thing. She just waited for the orders of what she needed to do.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open)   Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 9:31 pm

Mello

Mello scowled just for a moment before explaining. "Sayu Yagami and Mikami Teru are also two chief suspects, in my mind. Sayu was the younger sister of Light Yagami, the original Kira. While it's unlikely, we do need to make sure to investigate her and the rest of the Yagami family, making sure no one his following in Light's footsteps. As for Mikami Teru, he's a rising figure among theKira Worshippers. In fact, he's quickly becoming the head for the Church of Kira, its membership once again swelling to enormous rates. Lawyer by day, clergy-man by night. While he could just be another fanatic, we'll need to investigate him, make sure to eliminate him as a suspect, if need be."
Back to top Go down
Ariana

Ariana

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open)   Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 10:36 pm

Aura

Aura nodded. "Right. So, what, do we need to tail these suspects? Get on their good sides? Do we even know where Kira's located? We don't have any formal proof yet, I think." She knew she was probably asking too many questions, but figured it was better to be informed than in the dark.

Sayu

Sayu smiled softly. She hadn't expected to get much out of him. "Of course Daddy. I'm sorry for pushing, I know you don't want to talk about... About the case. I shouldn't have pushed, I know it's classified." She hugged him, then bounced off to leave the room.

Pausing at the stairs, she added "Daddy? Can I use the computer in your room? I need to look something up for homework, and I lent my computer to Keichii from first period. Please?"
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open)   Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 11:26 pm

Mello

"Tailing them would be a good start, yes. However, we need to be discreet about it. It wouldn't due for any of them to find out we're watching them, if one of them is Kira. In fact, I think it might be a good idea to get Chief Yagami involved in the current investigation. He proved helpful in the previous one, and could help us make sure his daughter isn't Kira." Mello said.

"No, we don't know where or who Kira might be, but tailing and watching these three suspects would be a good start." he added.

Soichiro

"It's alright, Sayu. Of course, that'd be fine. Go ahead." Soichiro said, giving her a smile as she bound up the stairs. Once she was gone Soichiro turned his attention back to the files on the table. It was futile, he knew, but Soichiro hoped he could find some sort of information on the new Kira, by studying when he killed. It had been a similar strategy the original L had used, though so far Soichiro hadn't found any luck. The murders were spread throughout the day, and the current Kira didn't seem to be fixating on any particular point of day. Still, it couldn't hurt to try.

Soichiro glanced at a file from the previous Kira Case, which detailed how it was thought, at the time, Kira had gained access to the information only the police could have known. At the time (and it was later proved right, after Light's computer had been searched) that Kira had been hacking into the computer of a police member apart of the Kira Investigation. And...

That thought stopped Soichiro's train of thought.

Light had hacked into his own computer, and learned that L had found out the pattern in which he murdered. What if...what if Sayu had the intent of doing something similar? What if she were Kira?

The thought alone would have made Soichiro laugh, many years ago. But now...now, Sayu was almost at the age where Light had begun his reign of terror. Was it possible Sayu was following in her brother's footsteps?

Soichiro brushed that thought aside and went back to work. Though he couldn't help but be haunted by that trail of thought...
Back to top Go down
zukoscrazyfangirl

zukoscrazyfangirl

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open)   Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 7:40 am

Julian looked at Aura.
"Psycho or teenager?" She asked, she was wondering who should follow who.

Near looked up,
"Well, this can be home base, we have ear peices, small cameras, microphones, for your use." He told them.
Back to top Go down
Ariana

Ariana

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open)   Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 10:22 am

((So who is Kira exactly? I know he/she's a NPC, but does he/she have a name?))

Aura

Aura nodded, taking notes in her notebook furiously. "I think I could tail the crazy. If all else fails I can pretend to be another psycho Kira-lover." She shuddered at the thought.

"Do you want me to contact anyone for you, Mello? Mr. Yagami, perhaps?" She put her notebook away and riffled through her bag for a tube of lip balm, pulling it out and running it over her lips repeatedly. Aura knew she had only addressed Mello and not Near, but, really, Mello was sort of doing most of the talking.

Sayu

Sayu skipped into her father's study, sitting down. She had finished her homework well over an hour ago, but needed some excuse to get on his computer.

She pressed the 'on' button, and found her first problem. A big empty screen asking 'password'. Sayu thought hard, trying to remember what it was. She could just go ask her father (it was only the start-up screen), but she decided against it, wanting to give him time to do whatever he was doing. Finally, she tried his name. Then her name. His birthday. Her's. Finally, she leaned backwards, sat back up, and typed L-I-G-H-T-Y-A-G-A-M-I. The computer thanked her and promptly loaded their settings. This was good.

Sayu was in.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open)   Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 7:50 pm

((At the moment I'm planning on Kira being a Canon character. As for who, the mystery shall be revealed later.

Mello

"Yes, I'd appreciate that, Aura. I have a...friend who owes me some favors, so I can use him to trail Amane. I'll make sure to put up some cameras in all their homes. Shouldn't be too hard, though we'll have to be especially careful with Teru. If he's Kira, we don't want to tip him off by accident." Mello said. The detective walked over to the side and got out his phone, quickly dialing a number. After a quick conversation (in Italian, of all things), Mello hung up and walked back over to the others.

"Ok, we've got Amane settled. I also know an old contact of L's that we could use to set up the cameras. She's good, and she hasn't been caught before. At least, caught and arrested."

General Narrative

The screen completely loaded on Soichiro's computer, various icons appearing. One folder appeared, labeled 'Kira Case'.
Back to top Go down
Ariana

Ariana

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open)   Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 9:06 pm

((Ah.... Exciting~!))

Aura

"Got it." Aura said. She drew her notebook out again and scribbled a task list down. Aura worked better with lists. "Is there anything else? Should I go call Mr. Yagami now?"

Sayu

Sayu double clicked on the folder, checking twice over her shoulder to make sure no one was coming. Her mom was at the store, and her dad was (hopefully) otherwise occupied. She waited until it had loaded, and then debated where to start. Finally she decided to go with 'suspects', hoping it would lead her somewhere. Some familiar names filled the screen; she recognized some of her classmates and their families, as well as-

Sayu stopped, eyes widening. In bold, red letters, it read:

Amane, Misa - Second Kira

Yagami, Light - Kira

Yagami Light. Kira. She ran the words over in her head, repeating and repeating them until they sunk in. Light was Kira? That couldn't be possible. Or could it? The late nights, the phone calls, the sudden need to join the task force... The sudden death when there was an incredibly small chance that Kira could have known his name...

She sat back in the chair, letting it all sink in and praying to whatever gods there were that her father didn't come in.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open)   Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 10:16 pm

Mello

"Yes, please do that." Mello answered. "And if you can, find out some basic information on our current three suspects."
Back to top Go down
zukoscrazyfangirl

zukoscrazyfangirl

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open)   Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 5:43 pm

"I need the Yagami adress. I might be able to get a tap on internet access, if that would be alright." Julian said, she grabbed a microphone, and an earpeice.
"Her dad was on the case, do you think he'd cooperate?" she asked, placing the earbud in her ear, and clipping the mic to her undershirt.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open)   Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 11:36 pm

Mello

"Of course he would. He'd do anything to make sure the current Kira is caught, I believe. Are there any more questions?" Mello asked.

General Narrative

A knock came from the door to Soichiro's room. "Sayu, dear, are you still in there? I could use some help making dinner if you have a moment." Sachiko said.
Back to top Go down
zukoscrazyfangirl

zukoscrazyfangirl

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open)   Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 7:09 am

"No, that sums it up, arigato." She said, she put her coat back on,
"Hey Aura watch out, those kira preachers are dangerous." She said in a friendly way.
Back to top Go down
Ariana

Ariana

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open)   Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 10:04 am

Aura

"On it." Aura said, getting up. Hearing Julian's remark, she turned back. "And you don't think that teenage girls are difficult?" Aura said, giggling. "Honestly, I think you have the tougher job."

Sayu

Sayu was snapped out of her thoughts at her mother's voice. "Yeah, I'll-I'll be down in a minute!" She quickly closed the folder and directed herself to the web-page she needed, printing it. Sayu opened the door. "Sorry mama, just don't want my grades slipping."
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open)   Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 3:35 pm

Mello

"Good luck you two. I'll make some calls to the FBI and get some more members to the central team. Do you have anything to add, Near?" Mello asked, looking over at his 'partner'.

Sachiko

"Don't worry dear. I'll be downstairs when you're ready." Sachiko said giving her daughter a smile. She started to head down the stairs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open)   Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Death Note: Death's Fruit (Now Open)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next