New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wolfskin [T-M/Open]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

Wolfskin [T-M/Open] Empty
PostSubject: Wolfskin [T-M/Open]   Wolfskin [T-M/Open] I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 8:49 pm

The town of Lamina has always been a town of variety with different races and half-breeds and for it's school for Warriors and Mages. With it's people being warriors to Mages to ordinary innkeepers and farmers. A diverse yet small and quiet town near the Nalkia Woods.

But the town is not just known for it's diversity of people. It is also known for a rumor that some fear may be true. Wolves roam the Nalkia Woods and have for generations. But people fear that it is not only wolves that stalk prey in the dense forest. Some claim that a race of humans known as Wolfskin live there too and some in Lamina.

Wolfskins are humans who are born with a more wild nature than most and are drawn into the woods by a "Calling of the Wild" as they call it at a young age. At this time they meet a pack of wolves and begin to develop wolf-like habits and traits; Their eyes becoming yellow and fierce and tougher skin on hands and feet. And of course their senses increase although with their ability to not tired after a long period of time running or without food and water.

But these humans are considered abominations for giving up their human ways to become "feral". Some say that those who become Wolfskin are dark and evil creatures and will kill their friends and families before joining a wolfpack. This has become a wide-spread theory and many people have come to believe it.

It is said that Lamina has been host to many Wolfskins over the ages, although none can prove this. Until now it seems. A group of humans and other races have formed together to find and exterminate any Wolfskins they can find. And it is made clear that they are willing to go far in order to make this happen. But what will happen if they go way too far? Can Lamina survive this attack on it's people?

And are there Wolfskins in Lamina as well? And if so, what will this mean?

Rules
1. No god-modding. And no OOC fighting.
2. Cursing is fine with me just not every other sentence please. Moderation is your friend.
3. Violence is M rated, but don't go too overboard please. If it makes you want to puke, don't post it please.
4. Romance I want more towards T than M, but I can except some M romance if it is not overdone.
5. You may have a Wolfskin, but I don't want too many of them. No Wolfskin half-breeds, but I will allow if someone has a little of the blood in them. Wolves can be NPC-ed by anyone unless you want a wolf character and power to you if you do. Also I am saying this now THERE ARE NO WEREWOLVES! Wolfskins have replaced them in this RPG. Sorry to those who wanted a werewolf character.
6. Don't have too many characters please!
7. Let's have fun. That is why we are here, no?
8. Put "I run with wolves" to show you have read the rules.
9. There is some technology where there are cars and guns and the like, but most technology is outside of where Lamina is. The most people with guns and cars are those who are coming to eliminate the Wolfskins.

Character Sheet
Username:
Name:
Appearance:
Background:
Powers:
Other:

Username: TokoToTheEnd
Name: Caltha Amdin
Race: Wolfskin
Appearance: Caltha She wears brown contacts
Background: Caltha was born a Wolfskin as her mother and father were ones. They, living among the wolves, left her in the town of Lamina as was the thing done when a Wolfskin was born. A child would be born to two Wolfskin parents (who mate for life) and then the parents would leave them alone for a week after they turn one to see if they can survive. If yes, their parents drop them off into a civilized place until they are old enough to join a wolf pack (usually around 18).

Caltha was left in Lamina at the age of two and lived in the orphanage in town up until she turned 10 when she moved into the Redwall School for Warriors and Mages. She choose the Warrior path, although she wanted to go to the normal school that the non-fighting/magical townspeople went to. But over the years Caltha has come to see Redwall as her home in a way, even though she knows that she will leave Lamina in a few years.

Caltha first heard the Calling at the age of six and went into the woods at eight. It was here she met and learned of her heiritate from a passing wolf pack and came to befriend a pup she named Morning. Whenever the pack passes by Caltha can sense them and plans on joining that pack when she leaves. For now Caltha is trying her best to act like a normal human girl.
Powers: Wolfskin's skill
Other:

Name:Elfinn Rvantha
Race: Elf
Appearance: Elfinn
Background: Elfinn was born with yellow eyes which scared a lot of people until it was brought up that elves cannot become Wolfskins (though it may not be true. No one has ever heard of one before, but that does not mean they don't exist) and Wolfskins don't form wolf-like traits until they heed the Calling. So Elfinn was left alone, although some still watched him from afar wanting to be sure. When Efinn showed no signs, people just thought of it as an oddity and left it alone.

Elfinn was born into a small family that runs a medicine store and so he was sent to the normal school instead of Redwall. This did not stop Elfinn from wishing he wanted to be a Warrior like the other boys or sometimes a famous Mage. Over time he grew fascinated by Nalkia Woods and it's rumor, although he only went there for herbs, plants, flowers and berries for the store. It was one day doing this he ran across Caltha and became friends with her. He suspects she is hiding something, but he does not push it.
Powers:
Other:

Name: Gan Yuugoslave
Race: Human (Mage)
Appearance: Gan
Background: Gan was born into a wealthy family in a city far from Lamina. He was fascinated by magic from a young age and showed a fair amount of skills in elemental and mind magic. At the age of five Gan was sent to a boarding school before his magical skills developed. There he studied hard, planning on being a scholar or a government agent. The advancing technology interested Gan, but he didn't like the weapons being created and spent his time with his nose in a book.

At the age of nine Gan started to practice magic and was transferred to Redwall. For some of his young life he spent in Lamina, loving how quiet it was in contrast to his hometown. Gan stayed only until he was twenty when he went back to his hometown here. There he studied harder and joined a magic society. Once he proved how strong he was, Gan was given tattoos to mark him out as a High Mage. Eventually Gan returned to Lamina. He sometimes helps out at Redwall, but he usually spends his time alone or at the edge of Nalkia Woods. He is interested in the myth of Wolfskins.
Powers: Gan is fairly good in elemental magic, but his strongest points are in telekensis, mind reading and sensing people's auras.
Other:

Name: Matrim el'Tam
Race: 2/3 human, 1/3 goblin
Appearance: Matrim
Background: Matrim was born to a half-goblin mother and human father in the town of Brece not too far from Lamina. In Brece people had very low opinions of Wolfskins blaming them for lose of their herds and crops. Matrim thought that most of the older people in the town who had amosity towards the Wolfskins were foolish. He believed that they existed, but that they were just as harmful as normal wolves and probably less so since they were once human.

This view slightly changed over the years from being so much bad talk, but Matrim never thought that Wolfskins were as bad as people claimed. Matrim went to school in an advancing city and learned not only normal school things but about guns and fighting. Matrim eventually went into defense. He joined the group going to Lamina, partly to make sure it doesn't get out of hand and partly because it is so close to his old home.
Powers: Nothing, but he is exceptional at swords and guns
Other:

Last edited by TokoToTheEnd on Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Wolfskin [T-M/Open]   Wolfskin [T-M/Open] I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 11:45 am

"I run with wolves"

I would like to reserve a spot, please, Mariah.
Back to top Go down
roman_tic_kataang

roman_tic_kataang

PostSubject: Re: Wolfskin [T-M/Open]   Wolfskin [T-M/Open] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 3:34 pm

"I run with the wolves."

Username:roman_tic_kataang

Name:Rionach

Appearance: Rionach Wears blue contacts

Background: Rionach was born to two Wolfskin parents and left her in Lamina after she survived for a week. She was put in an orphanage and was adopted. Rionach went to school at Redwall, choosing the path of the warrior.

Rionach knew nothing of her past until she heard her Calling when she was 7 years old. She went into the forest when she was ten years old. She met a wolf pack and felt a deep connection with them. Rionach grew her abilities, which felt odd at first but she learned how to enjoy them. From hearing dark rumors about wolfskins, rionach has done well to try and conceal her identity until she leaves to join a wolf pack. Rionach knows that she will have to break her adoptive parents' hearts, since they have a fear of wolfskins. She plans to sneak away, but not let them know why to protect herself and the pack. She tends to have a mutual dislike to those who view Wolfskins as evil.

Powers: Wolfskin abilities

Other: Rionach has pride for being a wolfskin, she is also well trained with weapons and hand-to-hand combat.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Wolfskin [T-M/Open]   Wolfskin [T-M/Open] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 1:35 pm

Accepted roman_tic_kataang and noted Magus.
Back to top Go down
Velox

Velox

PostSubject: Re: Wolfskin [T-M/Open]   Wolfskin [T-M/Open] I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 8:36 pm

Username: Velox
Name: Byne Pyrrek
Appearance: Byne. Wears sky blue colored contacts.
Background: After having survived for a week on his own, Byne was dropped off in the Lamina orphanage by his parents. Byne first heard The Calling at age 5 but he didn’t fully venture out into the Nalkia Woods until three years later when he was 8 years old. After discovering his true origins from a pack of wolves, he impulsively tried to join them but could not as he was still too young and his abilities had not fully developed. From that day, Byne spent much of his childhood playing in the woods and working for the the town woodsman in order to hone his race’s skills and grow stronger.
At the age of 11 he was enrolled into the Redwall School for Warriors and Mages. Being very athletic and healthy with good fighting instincts, it was expected that he would make a magnificent warrior, but after watching a few mages performing spells in a duel, Byne was fascinated by magic and chose the mage path wanting to become a legendary mage of amazing power. Little did he realize that the mages that he saw dueling were graduating students who were deemed to be prodigies with natural talent. Byne soon discovered that he had difficulty firing simple magic arrows let alone conjure up more advanced skills, and soon became somewhat of a joke. Byne tried his best to study hard determined to prove himself to everyone, but as the wild called out to him, he found himself unable to stay inside studying.
As the years have passed, Byne has improved somewhat. While he lacks ability and control in many areas, he seems to have unusual strength in others, such as magic arrows now being much more powerful than the average student his age. However, he’s still seen as a novice and his mage peers still look down on him with them having twice the magical prowess that he does. One day while Byne was taking one of his many daily breaks in the Nalkia Woods, he came across an old, yet powerful mage named Gan Yuugoslave. Impulsive as ever, Byne challenged the man to a fight knowing that if he won, he would be acknowledged by everyone and would earn their respect. However, Gan’s skill was levels beyond his own, and the man easily blocked Byne’s attempts and toyed with him , amused at how Byne seemed to be unable to correctly perform many basic spells. Growing more and more frustrated, Byne charged at the old mage with unexpected speed, and managed to surprise with a powerful pointblank magic arrow. Charging again, the old mage revealed his extraordinary mind magic and once again began to toy with Byne until he accepted defeat. Knowing that he managed to hit him once, Byne is as determined as ever to defeat Gan, believing that this will earn him the respect as a powerful mage. Because of his Wolfskin heritage, Byne also knows that the townspeople of Lamina will only grow to fear him if they find out what he really is, and tries his best to keep it a secret, despite his wild instincts.
Powers: Wolfskin’s skill, Powerful Magic Arrows, Decent protective barriers, Mage training.
Other: Despite lacking talent in many magical areas, Byne is always trying to improve. While outclassed by other mages often, he tries to work on ways to use his natural Wolfskin abilities to come up with unorthodox yet effective strategies.

Name: Elvennah Rauddensorr
Race: Elf
Appearance: Elvennah
Background: When Elvennah was a small child, her family was attacked by wolves and the majority of them were killed. She managed to survive by her parents hiding her deep in the Nalkia Woods while they managed to run off as and draw their attention away from her. Despite the horrible tragedy that took place, Elvennah was too young to clearly remember any of it. The next morning, a couple of travelling merchants on their way to Lamina found her. They took care of her as long as possible, before deciding that it’d be best to leave her in the care of the town orphanage as they were having enough trouble supporting themselves yet alone an Elven child.
Elvennah lived in the orphanage until the age of 10 when she decided to join the Redwall School and become a Warrior (It was a popular thing for young female orphans to do after all). Elvennah has enjoyed her time learning different weapon styles and fighting techniques and became especially proficient with sword and shield combat. She enjoys training yet also takes it very seriously; it gives her a sense of serenity and balance. Her training helps to quell the loneliness of not having a family and she hopes that she can find a sense of not only purpose, but great importance from it one day.
Powers: Elven abilities, proficient with different weapons especially sword and shield combat (Not as skilled hand to hand though), keeps a dagger in her right boot.
Other: Despite having matured and roughened through age and her warrior training, she does show glimpses of immaturity and gets rather excited around sweets.

Name: Tielle Stradonna
Race: Human
Appearance: Tielle
Background: Tielle was born in the great city of Kryzgull, a small metropolis that had become famous for its advancing technology. There she went to Brispin Academy, a school that not only taught normal subjects, but also different fighting arts and new technology such as guns. Tielle was a top student and received very high grades in nearly all her subjects.
Despite having a good chance into going into Defense, Tielle decided to become a bounty hunter instead and has captured dozens and dozens of lowlifes. Tielle has also travelled to many different places learning different skills, customs, and ancient tales, including the Wolfskins. When she heard of the group going to Lamina in search of Wolfskins, she joined in hopes of not only earning a sizable profit, but to learn more about the Wolfskins.
Powers: None, but highly skilled with blades and guns, very agile, seductive, and has a magical jewel embedded on her right shoulder that grants her the power of invisibility.
Other: Tielle happens to be a sometimes risky gambler, and has a talent for holding her alcohol.

Last edited by Velox on Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Wolfskin [T-M/Open]   Wolfskin [T-M/Open] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 4:36 pm

Accepted. I love your characters Velox. XD

We just have to wait for Magus and we can begin.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Wolfskin [T-M/Open]   Wolfskin [T-M/Open] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 2:28 am

I shall try to put up my profiles by this weekend, Mariah.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Wolfskin [T-M/Open]   Wolfskin [T-M/Open] I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 5:31 pm

kay Magus.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Wolfskin [T-M/Open]   Wolfskin [T-M/Open] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 10:09 pm

(So Magus is letting us go on without him. Hopefully he can join later, but for now we go on without him.)

Elfinn watched as the figure across from him dried herself off. It was poruing outside and few people were out. Caltha was one of them until Elfinn saw her and convinced her to come inside.

Caltha sighed as she pulled the towel off her head and stared into the nearby fire. She didn't mind the rain, although it prevented her from going into the woods somedays. Either her family didn't want her out in it, or someone saw her and asked her to come inside and get out of the rain. She dropped the towel and gave her friend a questioning look.

"You can sit in front of the fire to completely dry off."

"Thanks," Caltha said with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Velox

Velox

PostSubject: Re: Wolfskin [T-M/Open]   Wolfskin [T-M/Open] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 9:45 pm

{"I run with wolves!" It's true, even though I got accepted without saying it earlier.}

Elvennah Rauddensor

"...Rain...?"

The young elf girl slowly opened her eyes as the heavy rain fell all around her. Looking around, she found herself laying down on the grass covered ground underneath a large oak tree deep within the Nalkia Woods. Her sword was only a reach away from her right hand, and her round shield was around her left arm.

"What happened?" Elvennah asked herself, trying to think back to what she was doing before she had fallen asleep. Sitting up and leaning against the oak tree, she scanned her surroundings and saw various makeshift practice targets, either hanging from low tree branches or being stuck into the ground. All of the targets had been decimated, either slashed to pieces, or on the ground with multiple gaping holes.

"Oh. I was just training."

--- --- ---

Byne Pyrrek

"Man, it's really pourin' outside. Well! Back to work!" the mage-in-training stated as he started opening the door to head outside before a small piece of flying firewood smacked him in the back of the head. "Oww! What the heck was that for?!"

"You know you can't go out to work in this weather, Byne!" the woodsman scolded, as his so called 'assisstant' rubbed the back of his head. "Honestly, I don't even know why you showed up today. I told you that there was going to be a heavy storm yesterday, but instead you showed up knocking loudly on my door, woke me up, and then barged in and started eating my food!"

"Aww, you know I can't resist your wildberry pancakes Master Akuri." Byne replied, as he reached out with a greedy hand towards a big bowl of wildberries on the kitchen table, only for another piece of fire wood to smack him, this time in the hand.

"That's GRANDmaster Akuri to you! And hands off my food! You already ate three plates full of my pancakes!" Akuri griped, as he grabbed a small bottle of maple syrup, and poured it onto his plate. "Now, why don't you take this bad weather as chance to do some studying. You could obviously use it."

"Oh c'mon, I have plenty of time to study. All day in fact. There's wood that needs choppin'!" Byne insisted with a carefree grin on his face, even though he was really looking for an excuse to hold off his Redwall studies as much as possible. The woodsman could only sigh in defeat a his assisstant's stubbornness.

"Alright, alright, I get it. But listen. No tree cutting! The last time you went off in the rain you cut down old lady Wilton's tree, and then left it outside as you ran away and it rusted. If you really wanna go out and get yourself wet, you can head down to the Rvantha medicine store, and get me some more of that Osha root tea." Akuri said, handing Byne some money.

"Yes!" Byne exclaimed, eager to get out of his studies. "Although why Osha? That stuff smells weird, and the Rvantha shop has tons of other tasty teas." the teen wondered, sneaking his hand over to the wildberry bowl.

"I need Osha root so that when a knucklehead like you gets a cold from being out in the rain all the time, I'll be able to cure you so you can keep on working! Now stop eating my food and get going!"

Byne just laughed before popping a handfull of berries in his mouth, and headed out into the rainy village streets.

{Hope I didn't make Akuri seem like too much of a jerk, but I like their relationship, it's fun to write. >D Oh, and I wasn't sure if we normally shoulda been at Redwall Academy since Caltha wasn't...so my characters weren't either.}

Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Wolfskin [T-M/Open]   Wolfskin [T-M/Open] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 9:58 pm

(It's okay Velox. Let's just say it's a day off from school. And he isn't too much of a jerk)

Caltha sighed as she warmed herself and Elfinn smiled. He placed a bowl of soup and tea next to his friend, gesturing he was going to be in the shop.

"You're so lucky that it's adjoined to your house," Caltha said, sipping the tea. "You don't have to go out in the rain.

"I know," Elfinn said. "But I would rather not work. Oh well if I don't, mother would get mad and scold me."

Caltha laughed, imagining his mother doing just that. "You better get to work then."

"You finish those both okay? Don't want you getting sick on me."
------
Matrim got off his horse as his team stopped. He looked around to see if there was any reason for their stopping. So far the most they had seen was farms, fields and the infamous Nalkia Woods where it was said that Wolfskins and normal wolves lived. Matrim wasn't so sure.

He looked towards the head of the party and waited for any orders.

"We camp here tonight."

Matrim was surprised. It was raining and they were out in the open. "Are we not near Lamina?"

The commander there glared at Matrim and Matrim looked down in embarrassment. "No we are close, but I wanted to send two forward to check it out first. I'm glad you have volunteer yourself to do so."

The man looked at Tielle and nodded. "You too. Both of you scout out the town and return tomorrow to report."

Matrim got back on his horse and looked at the woman he would be scouting with flashing her a friendly smile.
Back to top Go down
roman_tic_kataang

roman_tic_kataang

PostSubject: Re: Wolfskin [T-M/Open]   Wolfskin [T-M/Open] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 12:38 pm

Rionach looked out of the window watching the rain. She liked the rain and its rhythm, but she looked through it into the forest. Rionach would turn 18 soon and she was excited about the idea of joining the pack. Of course it would disappoint her parents, but Rionach would still be watching them, making sure they are safe.

Rionach has had the house to herself, her parents had to go away on some business. She moved from the window and curled up on the couch in front of her fireplace.
Back to top Go down
Velox

Velox

PostSubject: Re: Wolfskin [T-M/Open]   Wolfskin [T-M/Open] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 8:12 pm

{Alright. Oh, and I noticed a mistake I had made earlier. In Tielle's character sheet I said that her jewel had granted the power of "invincibility," but I meant "invisibility!" Whoops! >D'}

Tielle Stradonna

"Yes, sir." Tielle answered the commander, and tugged on the hood of her dark cloak, trying to stay as dry as possible in the large squall. Her wardrobe adjustment caused her to miss the inviting smile of her new partner, so inadvertently cold, Tielled snapped the reigns and headed off towards the town of Lamina.

--- --- ---

Elvennah Rauddensorr

Hoisting herself on her feet, Elvennah sheathed her sword back in the scabbard on her back and fetched her cloak. Pulling the hood up over her face and raising her shield above her head inorder to protect herself from the downpour, the elf girl made her way out of the forest, and headed back towards the academy.

--- --- ---

Byne Pyrrek

"Tch! He acts like a little rain could kill someone! I've been rained on harder before...I think...anyways, which way is the Rvantha store? This rain makes it hard to see, even for me!" the young Wolfskin exclaimed, getting soaked to the bone not even bothering to cover himself up from the fierce crying of nature.

Last edited by Velox on Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Wolfskin [T-M/Open]   Wolfskin [T-M/Open] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 8:35 pm

Matrim frowned as his partner started off without even a look his way, but he went anyways. Maybe on the way there or there he could get a chance to talk to her. If the town wasn't teeming with wolves or either human embodiments. The thought strangely made Matrim laugh.

"That would be a sight," he muttered to himself.
-------
Caltha's ears twitched as if she might have heard someone yell, but it was raining to hard to tell.

She shook and went over to her bag and pulled out a knife, started to sharpen it. She usually took care of her weapons and armor on the days off.
Back to top Go down
Velox

Velox

PostSubject: Re: Wolfskin [T-M/Open]   Wolfskin [T-M/Open] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 10:07 pm

Elvennah Rauddensorr

In a few minutes passed, Elvennah had reached the gates of the Redwall School for Warriors and Mages. Entering the compound and lifting the hood of her water-soaked cloak, the elf girl started off in the direction to take refuge in her quarters, until a loud sound suddenly stopped her.

A small, crimson flush spread out in Elvennah's face, embarrassed that her stomach had just growled so loudly. I better hurry, I didn't realize I hungry I was... the young warrior thought, as she now quickened her pace towards her room. After stowing away her primary weapons, hanging up her wet clothes to dry, and changing into fresh ones, Elvennah immediately left for the mess hall inorder to satisfy her unseemly, ravenous appetite.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wolfskin [T-M/Open]   Wolfskin [T-M/Open] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wolfskin [T-M/Open]
Page 1 of 1