New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Few Heroes (open)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Duello

Duello

A Few Heroes (open) Empty
PostSubject: A Few Heroes (open)   A Few Heroes (open) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 7:08 pm

One Friday Night right around sundown, in a studio apartment overtop of a coffee shop, the front door was left unlocked. People gathered, some knowing each other, some strangers, but all with one distinct intention: even if it was only for a few hours, they would be heroes. James Tompson had recently moved to the area, most of his friends had been gamers, so he decided that the best way to get to know the town was to start up a game and see who showed up. He posted a flyer in the local game shop, talked to a few of the local game gurus and pretty soon had a small group of players interested in gaming with him. The arrangements were made, they were to meet here at his new apartment. he had chips, soda, iced tea, and a bread bowl full of dip. Now it was just a matter of waiting for people to show up.

My intentions for this RP are to focus on the social aspect of gaming. Modeled after the concept of a Play within a play showing the social backstage blunders of putting on a show, I want to see if we can bring the OOC craziness of a gaming table into an RP. As far as the game within a game goes I was figuring on basing it off D&D for the mechanical considerations, but as it isn’t the focus of the RP, you don’t really need to know D&D to play. (worst case scenario, your character can be new to the game, could create some interesting interactions while other characters try to explain.) I’d love to see some arguments between characters, get to watch the drama as each player tries to be The Hero, etc.
Rules are simple:
1) Complete a character sheet, everyone’s playing humans, but their humans can play just about any fantasy race.
2) Follow standard RP rules. No god-modding, auto-hitting, etc.
3) Try to keep it clear through narration when your character is lieing/cheating, or otherwise doing things that other players or the DM character might catch them at. I’m not going to make you all actually roll anything for your characters, but keep in mind, that even character’s characters don’t hit every time.
4) Knowing D&D, while not necessary, is helpful. If you have questions about how anything in Game works, feel free to ask me out of character.
5) I’m planning on this being a fairly slow game, this is in part because I’m in college. I’ll try to check and post at least once a day, but I can’t guarantee anything more than that.
6) Please no power posting and no txt tlk. Spell out your words, and make sizeable posts, there are few things as annoying as 5 pages of 1 liners. Remember that this RP is based around gaming in person, and as such visual jokes and codes such as speaking in 1337 makes no sense.
7) Anyone who wants to actually roll up characters for it, we’ll be starting at level 3, low level game.

From here on, User refers to you out of RP, Player refers to your character, and Character refers to your character’s character.

Character sheets:
Username:
Player name:
Description:
History:
Personality:
Race:
Class:
Description:
Equipment: (weapon, armor, anything else that you think is important. Not looking for an exhaustive list, just the highlights.)

We’ll begin once we get a few players.

Last edited by Duello on Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.duello.deviantart.com
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: A Few Heroes (open)   A Few Heroes (open) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 7:13 pm

Username: TokoToTheEnd
Player name: Charlie Cross
Description: Charlie is pretty average looking. She has shoulder length brown hair that is usually in a ponytail. She has dark green eyes and freckles across the bridge of her nose. Charlie has slightly tan skin. She stands at 5'2" and is somewhat muscular. She wears hoodies, t-shirts and jeans most often.
History: Charlie grew up in a small family. When she was younger she was a major tomboy, but she started to settle down as she got older. Charlie is still pretty boy-like, but she also has her girly moments and doesn't mind dressing up. Charlie is going to college for engineering.
Personality: Charlie is a good natured person. She is usually in a good mood and is friendly. Charlie also has a slight attitude and will hit someone if they insult her or make her angry. Charlie is sarcastic at times as well. Very bright, but doesn't like to show off.
Character name: Siayun "Sia" Almondy
Race: Human
Class: Sorceress
Description: Sia is not your average sorceress. She dresses and acts more rouge-like at times, but she is a nice and energetic girl overall. Sia dresses in all black and her yellow hair is cropped to her chin in spikes. Sia has bright blue eyes and fair skin.
Equipment: Sia has a longsword and a dagger for when she can't cast spells. She sometimes uses them instead of spells, but not always. She also has a large bag because she likes to collect things.

Last edited by TokoToTheEnd on Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Duello

Duello

PostSubject: Re: A Few Heroes (open)   A Few Heroes (open) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 7:30 pm

Character sheets:
Username: Duello
Player name: James Tompson

Description: standing a mere 5’5” he is built kind of like a bull dog: short, thick, and densely muscled. His hair is cut just a little longer than what the military would have allowed. He typically dresses in a tea shirt and jeans, usually with the logo of one band or another emblazoned across the chest. At the start of the game his shirt will bare a celtic knot shaped like the haggis head logo

History: growing up in rural PA, he had plenty of space, and not much to do with his free time. He grew up reading fantasy novels and swinging sticks around in his parent’s yard. When he got older, the sticks became bar stock iron rods, and as a teenager he talked his parents into letting him set up a forge behind their 200 year old farmstead. Hours of smithing and training had hardened James into a well muscled man, capable of swinging hammer or sword with little thought or hesitation. He made armor, weapons, and trained until time caught up with him and it was time to go to college. Two years later he had an associates degree in history, a pile of weaponry, years of fantasy gaming experience, and a small studio apartment in a new town where he would be pursuing his bachelor’s degree.

Personality: one look around his apartment will give most people an idea of his personality. He’s obsessed with the Hero image, the idea of the Paladin, standing in the sunlight sword raised against the forces of darkness, or the shadowy rogue working in the darkness to right the wrongs of tyranny and an uncaring world. He hates the trend he’s seen in Role playing toward playing the villains, but he knows that not everyone shares his enthusiasm for doing what’s right and just. When not puzzling out morality or training to defend the world from evil, he’s relatively laid back; the sort of person who likes to curl up with a good book or movie and maybe a good friend.

Character name: DM (Dungion Master, he’ll be playing most of the NPC’s)
Back to top Go down
Trace

Trace

PostSubject: Re: A Few Heroes (open)   A Few Heroes (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 10:29 am

Username: Trace
Player name: Nill Hopes
Description: Stands at 6'1, looks like he spends his days in the gym, has short black hair, with a goatee, brown eyes. Wears blue jeans and a black tee to any event he goes to.
History: Having been an only child, he had time to do things for him: Sports, Games, Clubs, hanging out with friends, etc... Which gave him more of a reason to try anything he wanted. He had gotten in trouble with the law twice, but nothing serious. Also had to replace his transportation twice for crashing it.
Personality: Very egotistical of himself, when something fails, it's never his fault, it has to be someone else's even if he was by himself. Loves to look for loop holes, if he finds one he takes it, even if it means someone getting the bad end of the stick. He is a very opinionated and stubborn person. I takes a lot to get him to apologize, but he can. Also may not be shy about bringing beer around some of the younger folks.
Character name: Nicholas Kyouraku
Race: Half Elf
Class: Druid
Description: 6'0, long silver hair, blue eyes. Thin like a toothpick, but enough meat to take a blow. Tattoos all over his body of many different colored dragons, and tigers.
Equipment: A Longbow and a blue tunic.
Back to top Go down
Velox

Velox

PostSubject: Re: A Few Heroes (open)   A Few Heroes (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 2:10 pm

{Do you mind if I reserve a spot? I'm pretty busy right now, but this RP seems pretty interesting, and I would like to give it a shot please!}

--- --- ---

Username: Velox
Player name: Chael Remmons
Description: A noticeable goth, the majority of Chael’s wardrobe is black clothing. He tends to take it easy on the accessories such as rings, necklaces and chains, though he does have a few that he wears quite often, and he never wears makeup and rarely paints his fingernails. His pants mostly seem to be looser and he only has a couple pairs of jeans. Chael’s hair is naturally black and he has honey colored eyes. He’s around an average 5’8’’ and has very pale skin, seemingly unable to tan. Chael has some strength, but he’s very skinny and has very little muscle.
History: As a kid, Chael loved going to the old Hong Kong style theater on the east side of town and watching old kung fu films. He was dazzled by the elegance, speed, and power of the actors that he saw on screen, that he often tried to mimic their movements, dreaming to be a kung fu master. However, due to Chael being a scrawny and small kid he was often the target of bullies, and when they saw Chael performing strange movements looking like he was half-fighting, half-dancing, they picked on him and Chael ended up getting beat up a lot. While at first Chael courageously never backed down from the bullies, he eventually started to get wary of becoming a victim of physical altercations and had no choice but to run away, especially when he was outnumbered. Eventually the fighting and bullying become such a problem that his parents decided to move away when Chael was ready to enter high school. In a new town at a new school, Chael wanted a fresh start, but more importantly he wanted ta just be left alone from all the teasing. Chael thought he would have his clean slate with the goth clique at his school. The Goths seemed to be really close to each other, but everyone else was too weirded out or scared by them that they didn’t get messed with by other people. Plus, Chael really liked their fashion choice, though he didn’t want to go to extreme. After making friends with a few Goths from his class, and undergoing a makeover, Chael was in, and was starting to enjoy his new chance. However, Chael quickly learned that most of the Goths in his highschool were into smoking, drugs, and other harmful activities that he had learned as a kid not to get into. Because of this, he had a hard time connecting with many of the other Goths, and the friends that he had that weren’t into any of it eventually succumbed, moved away, or stopped hanging out with him one way or another. Without being able to fit in with the other kids, the group that he had assimilated into, and with his own friends slowly disappearing, Chael was relieved when he finally graduated from high school. With nothing holding him back, Chael decided that he would move back into the city where he grew up to attend college and his parents agreed to his wishes, as long as he could prove that he could sustain himself on his own for one whole year. After being accepted into the college of his choice, finding a suitable apartment, and securing a part-time job, Chael was well on his way into paving a new path in his life. However, being completely on his own wasn’t what Chael wanted. He wanted new experiences and people to experience them with. Seeing a flyer in a game shop downtown, he emailed the game master and told him that he was interested. Honestly, Chael had never officially played any roleplaying game in his life. But he decided that not only was this the time where he should do something outside of his comfort zone, but this was also the time where he should focus on going back to a time where he was the most free, and fully dive into something that he had never truly given up on.
Personality: Chael is a kind person, albeit shy due to people bullying him when he was younger. He’s not a total coward as he never backed down from then, but Chael was never very strong and since he got beat up a lot, he never had much self-confidence and was always frustrated at himself for being so weak. Despite his inner disappointment, Chael never had too many problems getting along with others. He genuinely cares for people’s well-being, and always tries to help people. He can be stubborn at certain times and he has a strong work ethic, full of determination.
Character name: Shi Feng (First name Feng, last name Shi.)
Race: Human
Class: Monk
Description: Head shaven with six jie ban burn marks on the forehead, bright green eyes, a mala prayer bead necklace, black shoes with bang tui wraps around on his feet used for socks, an orange tunic-like shirt connected to orange pants by a reddish-orange sash belt, and Monk Gloves.
Equipment: Being a Monk, Shi Feng doesn’t have that much equipment. When possible he’ll use a weapon such as a simple quarterstaff or a chinese sword in battle, but he usually fights with his own body conditioned through Shaolin training. He does tend to wear a pair of Monk Gloves to increase the damage of his unarmed attacks though.

Last edited by Velox on Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Duello

Duello

PostSubject: Re: A Few Heroes (open)   A Few Heroes (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 5:33 pm

we've been waiting for players. it's going to be a fairly slow, low pressure game, i hope. if you can put together a character sometime in the next week or so i'd appreciate it, i was hoping to start up soon.
Back to top Go down
Duello

Duello

PostSubject: Re: A Few Heroes (open)   A Few Heroes (open) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 8:41 pm

(OOC: ok, I’m starting with what we have. if people want to join in, either edit earlier posts with character details, or send me a message with your characters and I’ll add them to the first post.)

James sat around the apartment, it was strange to see it so clean, but he had wanted to make a good impression on his new players. The weapons were all hung and polished, as was one of his suits of armor. He had a round, low table set in the middle of the room with chairs around it for the players, and a table to the side with drinks, chips, and a bread bowl full of dip. Blank character sheets and spare dice were laid out on the table, and he had his own chair set up with his DM screen in place. His chair was in the back of the room, so the players would have to walk past each the other seats to get to it. This was, of course, by design. In the center of the table, a grid was painted in with whiteboard paint, sized out so that it could be drawn on and erased as needed. He fidgeted with a small boot dagger, anxious. The players were late. not very late, but late all the same, and he was beginning to wonder if any of them were coming when at last he heard a knock at the door. He shoved the dagger back into his boot and headed for the door, yanking it open enthusiastically, "Come in, come in."
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: A Few Heroes (open)   A Few Heroes (open) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 12:01 pm

(I finished my character Ken. Sorry for taking so long)
Back to top Go down
Duello

Duello

PostSubject: Re: A Few Heroes (open)   A Few Heroes (open) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 12:42 pm

(all characters posted so far are approved.)
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: A Few Heroes (open)   A Few Heroes (open) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 5:58 pm

Charlie jumped back a little as James opened the door, but she smiled at him.

"Sorry I am late," she said, sliding past him. "I just got out of class and I had to ask the teacher something and it turned into this long discussion and yeah." Charlie smiled at James again.

"I am Charlie by the way if you don't remember. Charlie Cross."
Back to top Go down
Duello

Duello

PostSubject: Re: A Few Heroes (open)   A Few Heroes (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 12:25 pm

James smiled at her somewhat sheepishly, "yeah, I know what that's like. I’ll be taking classes around here next semester. Wanted to get settled before getting back to the grindstone as it were," he stepped back to let her in and closed the door behind her. "Anyway, you're the first one here, seems like everyone else is late too," he led the way into the gaming room/living room. "Make yourself comfortable, I wasn't sure who would have what so there are a few sets of extra dice in the middle of the table, and some character sheets if you need one. Do you have a character rolled up already?" he asked then collapsed back into his chair at the head of the table.

He looked her over casually, she was kind of cute, and surprisingly she managed to be shorter than he was. He smiled a little. it wasn't that taller girls intimidated him, if they did he'd have a very sad life, but being with a taller girl never really fit the image of what society expected. The last time he'd tried dating a taller woman the jokes others made about it eventually made them both hate going out in public, and they decided it was time to break it off. He looked away around the table, there were places for seven, he figured three or four would show up. Though, at this rate, he’d be happy with even one or two more.
Back to top Go down
Trace

Trace

PostSubject: Re: A Few Heroes (open)   A Few Heroes (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 1:29 pm

Nill came to the door, with a confindent smirk on his face. He looked at it for a bit. He then adjusted his bag with his left hand, and continued to hold the six pack with his right. Then he knocked loud enough for the neighbors to hear, and stood there waiting.
Back to top Go down
Duello

Duello

PostSubject: Re: A Few Heroes (open)   A Few Heroes (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 8:20 am

James stood up, "That sounds promising," he said and walked to the door, swinging it open he stared up at the giant standing in front of him. He'd met this man before, and had been just as impressed with his stature then. He imagined this might be somewhat akin to what David felt when facing off against Goliath.
"Hey, Nill was it? Come on in," he said and stepped back to let Nill in. "Charlie's already here, so far you two are the only ones to show up," he said while he waited for Nill to come in.
Back to top Go down
Trace

Trace

PostSubject: Re: A Few Heroes (open)   A Few Heroes (open) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 8:44 am

Nill looked at James with a smile. "Hey Buddy! How you doing? I brought some beer for the game, you know, to help living up the party." Nill then entered into the room and looked around.

"Oh I rolled up my character and brought my own dice. So where do you want me to put this for now?" Holding up the six pack.
Back to top Go down
Duello

Duello

PostSubject: Re: A Few Heroes (open)   A Few Heroes (open) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 5:30 pm

James shut the door behind him. "Go ahead and toss the beers in the ice bucket with the soda," he said and looked at the two of them. "You and Charlie here are the only ones to arrive so far. Charlie, this is Nill, Nill, Charlie," he looked around the room. "I was expecting a few more, but being my first game in the area, I suppose it's common enough that people would have backed out on me," he looked momentarily sad then shook it off and took his seat once again. "Pull up a chair. What sort of characters were you two looking at playing?"
Back to top Go down
Trace

Trace

PostSubject: Re: A Few Heroes (open)   A Few Heroes (open) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 8:50 pm

Nill put the beers in the cooler and then pulled up a chair and faced it backwards. He sat down and turned toward James.

"I am playing Half-elf Druid. His name is Nicholas Kyouraku, with long silver hair and blue eyes. He stands six feet tall and he is like a toothpick and can take a decently hard blow to the body. The only question is what level are we at, so I know what animal companion I am going to be getting."
Back to top Go down
Duello

Duello

PostSubject: Re: A Few Heroes (open)   A Few Heroes (open) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 11:03 pm

James smiled and nodded, "a toothpick who can take a hit eh, best give him one hell of a Con. we're starting at level three because we may have a few new players in the game, and I want to give you all a chance to get to know my game style and for me to get to know all of you." He laughed for a moment then continued, "I had this guy in my last game, idiot punk that he was, who was only happy if I let him kill off his character every few sessions. He liked dieing in spectacular ways. That's the sort of thing I need to get to know about each of you, so I know what kind of Missions to give you." he grabbed himself a root beer. "Anyway, I'll be starting with a pretty straight forward dungeon crawl," he finished.
Back to top Go down
Trace

Trace

PostSubject: Re: A Few Heroes (open)   A Few Heroes (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 4:07 pm

"Yea, my constitution is up there. Ok then, I am going to get the wolf as an animal companion. I just got to adjust my stats to fit level three, and write down my wolf's stats. His name is Hunter."

Nill pulled out some white lined paper and started to write down Hunter's stats, rolling every now and then. At one point looked up at the girl.

"Hey, Charlie, is it? What are you playing? So I know what I am working with."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Few Heroes (open)   A Few Heroes (open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Few Heroes (open)
Page 1 of 1