New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Succession: Heir to the Empire

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Alec
Admin
Alec

Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:09 pm

Brighe

Brighe paused for a second as she composed herself. "Well...since you did bring it up. Yes, I suppose that is my question."
-----------------------
Susanna

"No, no. It's fi-sthhh." Susanna cut herself off as she groaned in pain. Gripping onto Caesar's shoulder for support, Susanna tried to stay calm as she let him finish the healing spell.

"Thank you."
-----------------------
Clara

"Oh. Well I'm sure one of the first things you'll do after you become Empress is close those loopholes to stop anyone else from exploiting them as well?" Clara guessed as she stuck her hand out, so as to allow one of the Servants to give her a manicure.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:34 pm

((Oh, by the way, you forgot to post with Kegan. Unless you want to end that bit with them for now?))

Tsuba

"Oh, of course. That'll be one of my first decrees as Empress. That, and imprisoning and/or executing most of the other heirs. Hm, and I might even order a massacre for the fun of it." Tsuba said. She gave another groan as the servant began to work on her neck.

Caesar

"You're most welcome, Susanna. I would do anything for you, to ensure your survival. You are...most precious to me." Caesar admitted. While it was hard to believe, the sociopath actually seemed to be blushing. For the moment, he actually appeared to be acting his age. It was hard to remember, often, that (even though he often acted to the contrary) Caesar was just fourteen years old.

Syrien

"Very well. At first, I merely claimed Rein as my own to save her a fate worse than death. She has been a servant girl all her life, but five years ago, she caught the eye of a nobleman with special...tastes. He planned to take her, and do things with her I would rather not imagine, or elaborate on. She desperately did not want to go with him, but she could not deny him. I was taking a stroll when the noble came to take her. I could feel her fear and reluctance, and I felt pity for the girl, so...

I told the noble she was my adopted daughter, and he could not have her. While I was a slave, I had higher authority than the noble, being the Emperor's vassal. He relented, and Rein came to me. I made it official, and she became my daughter in short order. Though, there was another reason." Syrien paused. A look of sorrow crossed his face.

"She reminded me so much of....her. My real daughter."
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:54 pm

(I figured that we could just let them wander off for a while now.)

Brighe

"Your...real Daughter?" Brighe asked in confusion as she looked at Syrien. "Syrien, I am very sorry. What happened to her?" Brighe asked with genuine concern.
------------------------
Susanna

Susanna gave Caesar a weak smile as she looked up at the Humage, a wide range of emotions flying through her as she looked at him. Swallowing what felt like a large bubble lodged in her throat, Susanna released the sword she had been holding onto still, allowing it to fall onto the floor.

"Still, you didn't have to deal with all of this, and I just want you to know, I appreciate you more then I could ever express."
-------------------------
Clara

"Hmm, now that would be interesting. You know, the people of Dohlr haven't been contributing much to the Empire lately, from what I've read in the archives."
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 12:23 am

((Sounds good.))

Tsuba

"So I've heard. Though I've also heard the Dwarves in the Chey'ia Mountains have been slacking off recently. Perhaps an example should be made." Tsuba mused.

Caesar

"Oh, it's nothing, Susanna. I help you because I lo....care for you from the bottom of my heart." Caesar said. He lifted his hand away from the area, which was now completely healed. A light scar was still visible, but it would disappear with time.

Syrien

"In my youth, I married a fellow slave, and we had a child. My wife died during her birth, so she ended up bein very...precious to me. I raised her as best as I could, and tried to be a loving father. When she was around Rein's age, I had to laeve her for a week. I entrusted her with a friend for her safety. When I returned, she was....dead. My master, then, was a horrible drunk. He often lashed out at the slaves. My daughter had the misfortune to be at the receving end of his wrath. I was...heartbroken." Syrien confessed.

"When I saw Rein, I couldn't help but also see her....and I would not let anything happen to Rein, as long as I live."
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 1:53 am

Clara

"Perhaps you could just take the people from both, bring back the Colosseum of old, and have them fight until they're all dead? The citizens would at least get some entertainment out of it all then. Hmm, maybe that's how you execute the other Heirs while you're at it?" Clara suggested as she tilted her head to look at Tsuba.
------------------------
Brighe

"I...understand how you feel." Brighe replied as she tried to make sure she didn't sound insensitive. "I feel the same way about Heir Kegan."
------------------------
Susanna

"Still there has to be some way..." Susanna said as she leaned in towards Caesar, kissing the Humage after she was close enough. "...that I could..." She continued after pulling back before kissing him again. "...repay you."
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 8:33 am

Syrien

"Then we have common ground. If you do not mind my asking, why is Heir Kegan so special to you, like Rein is to me?" Syrien asked. He phrased his words in a way he hoped wouldn't affront Brighe. The Elf was curious on that matter, though. It would help him to understand Heir Kegan's caretaker better.

Tsuba

"Now that's a great idea, Clara. I approve! A marvelous use of that old and decript structure. It has been decaying for some time, and that would be the perfect excuse to bring it back. Thank you for the idea. I knew there was a reason I liked you. Perhaps I might even make you an advisor for me, once I become Empress." Tsuba said. A wonderful idea, Clara had given. Yes, it would be most useful. It'd also be an entertaining way to get rid of her competitors...

Caesar

There were many things Caesar could handle quite easily. Slaughtering the innocent. Performing acts of magery that many high-level Magi could not even dream of doing. Manipulating those to his benefit. Fighting enemies to the death, and emerging victorious. Heck, he could even manage to cook a decent, non-burning meal. This situation, however, was one he wasn't really...familar with (most women ran away screaming from him, after all. He was a sociopath, after all.) or exactly prepared for....

"S-S-S-Sure." was all Caesar could get out, like some embarrassed and hormonal school-boy.

((Me thinks we should end that with Caesar and Susanna there. I might type more too, but duty calls. Must leave for the moment.))
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 8:52 am

Clara

"Glad to be of service, Tsuba. I do think I would make a good advisor. I've always been an idea person." Clara replied before purring in pleasure as one of the Servants began to rub her feet.
--------------------------
Brighe

Brighe stopped after Syrien had asked his question, thinking in silence as she tried to figure out the best way to answer Syrien's question. "You know....I suppose, it's because he's all I have left, really." Brighe answered, sadness evident in her voice.

(I agree, if we show any more of Susanna and Caesar, we'll break the T rating.)
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 4:07 pm

((Indeed. Though I find it amusing how Caesar was losing his composure, and the thought of Susanna teasing him is also humorous. Though I can't help but add one last thing...))

Syrien

"Oh? How so, if you do not mind my asking?" Syrien inquired.

Kaleb

"Hey Caesar!" Kaleb shouted, barging into Susanna's room. "How are you--"

A great force slammed Kaleb out of the room, and the door swung closed by itself. It then proceeded to be locked, the integrity of the door was enforced by stone and steel, iron bars proceeded to appear in slabs across the entrance, and the door was then charged with electricity, so no one would attempt to open it. And, as if that wasn't enough, a "Do not disturb" sign appeared on the door knob.

"Caesar? Caesar? Hellooooooooooooooo....? ......Why do I feel so alone?"
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 4:26 pm

Nebi sighed, watching C.C. vanish. Truth be told, he was a bit frustrated. Just as she was revealing a little more information, she decided to leave. He walked down the hallway, deep in thought before bumping into Gilkas.

"Oomph... Watch it laddy," Gilkas grunted, helping Nebi up before brushing himself up.

Nebi raised an eyebrow, "What are you doing outside of the forge?"

"You don't think I live in it, do you? Well, I do sleep there, but I go out! I'm going to the Cow and Corset. Some of the servants and guards are having a drink there and I aim to show them how a dwarf drinks. Even that smelly goblin is out," he told him.

"Sounds good," Nebi told him, "Mind if I join you."

The dwarf grinned at him, "I think you'll be most welcome. Just buy me a drink."

Nebi rolled his eyes as he followed the dwarf towards the entrance gate, "Fine, but don't get any ideas. I don't swing that way, dwarf."
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 11:36 pm

(Oh well that's just going to be perfect then. Nice touch Magus.)

Brighe

"My family abandoned me, and Kegan as well, a few years back. They were displeased with Kegan for leaving the tribe to come here, to the Capital, and I tried to defend him. Apparently that was the wrong and shameful thing to do, as my Father forced me out of our home after I confronted the Council." Brighe explained, bitter emotion seeping into her voice as she spoke.
--------------------------
Rhys/Katie

Rhys and Katie sat together in a large and dusty looking room. It was mostly empty, except for a large piano near the windows that overlooked the courtyard, though those were currently covered by large drapes.

"Why do I have to be here again?" Katie asked, a slight whine to her tone as she followed Rhys across the room.

"Well how long have you been alone in that room of yours? A week now? I think it's about time that we did something together, and since talking is not one of my fortes, and I do not think a lady such as yourself should learn how to fight, I figured we could compromise with music." Rhys said as he walked across the room towards the windows. As he opened the drapes, the room filled with sunlight, revealing just how dirty everything was. "Hmm, I guess I should have the maids clean this up later. Doesn't matter now though, the piano will still work fine." Rhys said as he walked over to the Grand Piano, taking a seat on the large bench in front of it. "So tell me, Katie, do you know how to play the piano?"

"Not really, I mean, I know some of the notes and stuff. But really...no." Katie replied as she awkwardly sat next to Rhys, feeling uncomfortable and nervous.

"Well that's fine, nothing to be ashamed of. That's why I'm here."

"You mean the only reason I'm at your home is so you can teach me to play the piano?" Katie asked sarcastically.

"No, but today, you might as well assume that that is why you are here at my home." Rhys replied dully.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 11:57 pm

Syrien

"I see. I am...sorry for your loss, then, Lady Brighe." Syrien spoke. A foolish thing, casting out family simply because they did not do things you approved of. At least, that was his opinion. He knew how precious one's family could be, and it seemed to him that it was quite foolish for one to ever cast away those you cared for. Another reason that, in his view, why most Elfs of today were lost in their ways.

"Is that all, milady? Or do you have another query to ask of me?" he added.

((Thank you. Thank you very much.))
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:00 am

Brighe

"Hmm, no that's all. Thank you for your time, Syrien." Brighe replied as she composed herself.
----------------------
Kegan

"Well here we are, the private grounds of the Emperors of old." Kegan informed Rein with a sarcastic sense of grandeur as they walked out of the castle.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:18 am

Syrien

"You are most welcome. If you'll excuse me, I have a date to supervise." Syrien said. The Elf began to walk away, but paused. He turned back to Brighe.

"Would you care to join me, Miss Brighe?"

Rein

"Bet they'd be rolling in their graves if they knew I was dating the next Emperor to the throne of Gaboria." Rein added, laughing a little.

"So, where to?"

((Hm, I think the pairing of Syrien/Brighe would be interesting, wouldn't it? Though it'd be a bit creepy, considering...huh, I made Syrien younger than I thought he was. Still, it'd be a bit creepy, since there's two decades of age separating them. Still, the reactions from Kegan and Rein would be priceless...))
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:24 am

Kegan

"They'd probably try and crawl out of their graves to kill me now if they knew I had a chance of becoming the next Emperor." Kegan pointed out humorously as he walked with Rein down the expansive lawn.
-----------------------
Brighe

Brighe paused for a second as she contemplated Syrien's invitation. As she thought about how her Nephew would react if he knew that she had been following him on his date with Lady Rein, Brighe chuckled to herself. "Syrien, it would be my pleasure."

(It could be interesting. And Kegan's and Rein's reactions would certainly be worth any awkward phases.)
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:33 am

((Oh yes, that it would be. Though if they did get married before Rein and Kegan were, if they ever did, wouldn't that make them cousins? No, wait, got that wrong...no, they'd be step-siblings, I think. I mean, Brighe is basically Kegan's mother now, since she tries to take care of him. Oh dear. Interesting. Ok, now we must do it.))

Syrien

"Very well then. I can track Rein's Magi signature. Follow me." Syrien said, before taking off in a brisk pace. A part of him thought it would be rather...amusing. Especially since Rein had probably forgotten by now.

Rein

"No doubt. They'd all probably prefer Tsuba over any of the other Heirs." Rein agreed. It was nice, she thought, enjoying a nice, simple stroll with Kegan. Not to mention it was nice to get out every once and awhile.
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:47 am

Kegan

"True, but it's not like one could ever claim that the Emperors ever had good taste." Kegan said before allowing the conversation to die. The Elf slowly walked with Rein down the lawn, the Lior mountains could be seen on the far horizon to the north.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 7:05 pm

(Okay, is everyone ready for a timeskip to the next challenge?)
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 8:16 pm

((I sure am.))
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:54 am

Carlisle

Carlisle laughed nervously after speaking his worries as he tried to not seem like too much of a downer to Epiphany. "I suppose it doesn't matter though, our choices have been made and now we have to live with them." Carlisle stated as he continued to stitch up his arm.

"But you know, we're still good, right?" Carlisle asked with a hint of nervousness after he finished sewing the wound shut.

(I guess I am ready as well.)
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 6:07 pm

(OOC: Okay. I'll be doing the timeskip now.)

A week passed and, generally, the Heirs were left to their own devices, to improve themselves or enjoy the pleasures of the palace as they saw fit. Personally, Nebi spent his time talking to C.C., training with his sword and magic, and spending time with Gilkas and the rest of the personnel of that ran the palace. He had a feeling that he had most of the servants on his side now. Surprisingly, none of the higher-ups ever got to know them. They were missing out.

Now, as the morning sun shined upon him, Nebi felt unusually cold. That was unusual since his bed was rather warm. He opened his eyes and frowned to see that for one thing, he was in a forest that grew up the slopes of a snow-capped mountain. He shivered. He'd hate to imagine going up there as it was cold to begin with down here. He looked around and saw that he had a pack with a note on it and his sword beside it. He frowned and read it.

Make your way up to the Grand Observatory up the mountain. Be weary. The wildlife and the competition will be trying to get rid of you. Feel free to strike first.

Baruti frowned. Great. He could name two or three people who would love to use this as an excuse to do exactly what it said.
Back to top Go down
roman_tic_kataang

roman_tic_kataang

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 7:26 am

"But you can't deny the fact that you might be wrong?" Epiphany questioned about the last part of the sentence. "I have experienced feeling like I'll be pushed away before, but you won't know if they won't talk to you anymore if you don't try, right?"
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 10:24 am

(Uh, sorry romantic, but there's been a timeskip to the next challenge. See my post above yours.)
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 12:23 pm

Caesar

Caesar hovered in the plain between consciousness and sleeping, listening to the sounds being made around him. There was a rustling in the trees from a gentle breeze, he could hear the sound of a stream or river in the distance, the birds were chirping....

Caesar woke up with a frown. Wait, the birds were chirping? There were no birds in Susanna's room. Or any of the other things he had heard, too. Caesar forced himself up and took in his surroundings.

Great. Just great. Baruti had sprung a new challenge on them, if he took his surroundings as an indicator. He noticed a letter near him, and began to read it. Caesar scowled again and burned it up. It wasn't something he couldn't handle, but he hated the fact that Baruti had done it so suddenly. What else could go wrong?

"Hey Caesar!" Kaleb shouted, running over to his 'friend'.

....he just had to say it....

"Susanna?" Caesar called out, looking around. "Please tell me you're here. I can't deal with that moron alone..."

((I shall post with my other characters when I have more time.))
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 10:34 pm

Carlisle

Carlisle laughed bitterly after hearing Epiphany's hopeful words. "I suppose you're right. I am being presumptuous and pessimistic when perhaps I shouldn't." Carlisle replied, still doubtful about his position in the Other Heirs eyes. "Well thanks, once again." Carlisle said after he finished wrapping his arm up in bandages.
--------(Seven days later)---------
A week had passed since Carlisle's conversation with Epiphany. Not much had happened with the Heir, he had spent most of his time training or reading in the Library. Unfortunately for Carlisle he still wasn't sure whether or not Epiphany would turn out to be right about Nebi and Kegan, as he had seen neither in the castle since the previous challenge.

"Uhh." Carlisle groaned as he felt the sunlight shine on his face. The Doctor's mind began to wander as he rolled over, desperate for a few more hours of sleep.

(It's ok Almost, she was just finishing her conversation with Carlisle.)
----------------------------------------
Kegan

"******." Kegan swore after he finished reading Baruti's note. Kegan turned around and looked towards the nearest mountain, where the Observatory mentioned in the letter must be. "Oh wonderful, it must be at least sixty kilometers away." The Half-Elf complained to himself. "Well, I might as well prepare myself, looks like it's going to be a long day."
-----------------------------------------
Susanna

"I'm here. Wherever here is." Susanna replied as she leaned over the Humage and studied the area. "Is this Baruti's doing?"
-----------------------------------------
Rhys

A week had passed since Rhys had begun spending time with Katie, and the awkwardness that had hung around the air when they spent time with each other had finally disappeared as Rhys got used to the young girl's company. But today the Noble wouldn't be teaching Katie how to play the Piano or dance the Waltz, even if he did not know that fact yet.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 10:50 pm

(Oh, sorry romantic.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 20 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Succession: Heir to the Empire
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next