New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) Empty
PostSubject: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 12:56 pm

When Chin the Conqueror met face-to-face with Avatar Kyoshi, everyone expected a battle that would be remembered for an age. The Avatar, however, surprised both Chin, his army, and those hoping for her to restore the Balance of the Four Nations. The Avatar, the Guardian of the World, offered to join him. And like that, history was changed.

With the largest army the world had ever seen accompanied by a fully realized Avatar, the Impenetrable of Ba Sing Se fell after years of fighting and the Earth King, a man revered as a god by the people of the Earth Kingom, silenced forever, Chin the Conqueror took the throne with Avatar Kyoshi at his side. And, with the Earth Kingdom conquered, its transformation into an Empire.

Hundreds of years later, the Air Nomads were destroyed and the Water Tribes were dissolved as people of Water Tribe descent were reduced to lower class or even slavery within the Earth Empire. The Fire Nation has militarized and hides the fact that the Fire Avatar, Roku, fell ill and died long ago, saying he has spent his life dedicated to spiritual matters. Members of the Fire Nation Royal Family are visiting Ba Sing Se on a diplomatic visit. Water Tribe slaves live almost invisible as servants in the Empire's capital city. And, meanwhile, a chunk of ice, kept cool encased in a shell of earth, is brought to Ba Sing Se as an oddity for, if you look at the ice closely, you can make out the form of a young boy with glowing eyes and what looks like an arrow, no one suspecting who it might be.

Rules
1. No god-modding
2. No Mary Sues
3. Post at least 2-3 sentences per post.
4. Any amount of characters is allowed as long as you can handle them
5. Rated T-M
6. Canons need a profile too.

Canons
Aang: Magus1108
Sokka: almostinsane99
Katara: Warboss_Spriggs
Toph: TokoToTheEnd
Appa:
Momo:
Zuko: sean_hiruki
Iroh: almostinsane99
Azula: almostinsane99
Mai:
Ty Lee:
Long Feng: Magus1108
Bumi:
Pakku:
Jin: TokoToTheEnd
Song:
Yue: TokoToTheEnd
Haru: Magus1108
Jet: TokoToTheEnd
Pathik:
Hahn:
Hama: Magus1108

Chracter Profile
Name:
Nationality:
Bender?:
Appearance:
Personality:
History:
Other:

Last edited by almostinsane99 on Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:26 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 1:07 pm

Name: Iroh
Nationality: Fire Nation
Bender?: Yes
Appearance: http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs9/f/2006/342/4/3/Uncle_Iroh_by_JavKiller.jpg
Personality: Easygoing, friendly and dryly good-humored, Iroh is not something the type of person that strikes one as a great warrior and general first-glance. Beneath this exterior, Iroh is a wise man and wily strategist who happens to prefer tea to battle in his old age. Iroh developed a belief in the old ways shortly after his son's death and believes one day, Balance will be restored.
History: Iroh grew up as the Crown Prince of the Fire Nation, beloved by his people and the favored son of his father, Fire Lord Azula. He grew up wise in military, philosophy, and was taught how to rule fairly as he was expected to take his father's place someday. Nonetheless, the favoritism given to him over his brother, Ozai, strained their relationship.
Twenty years ago, Iroh secretly visited the Northern Water Tribe as the Earth Empire began its push on the last remaining Water Tribe. Ordered by his father not to reveal his identity, Iroh could only concoct brilliant plans for the waterbenders as a small group of firebenders joined in the battle as well, pretending to be renegades from the Fire Nation. Unknown to him, his son, Lu Ten, joined in the fighting, being killed in the process. Heartbroken, when the siege ended Iroh returned home. His father died "in his sleep" and Iroh allowed his brother to take the throne. The North fell to the Empire soon afterwords. Still, Iroh is content to watch over his nephew so that Zuko can be a better Fire Lord than his father, who he thinks is too much like the Earth Emperor.
Other:

Name: Sokka
Nationality: Water Tribe
Bender?: No
Appearance: http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs13/f/2007/014/7/f/Sokka_by_missmands.jpg
Personality: Sharp-witted and pessimistic, Sokka is very much the opposite of his sister, Katara. He prefers to label himself "practical". Thus, he has little belief in the Avatar, thinking him to be something made up to scare people, first by Empress Kyoshi, then by the Fire Nation's "Roku" to bully the Earth Empire into peace. He is, however, loyal and protective of his family, especially his sister.
History: Born and raised in the Lower Ring of Ba Sing Se, Sokka and his family has been looked down upon his whole life as either lower class or a Water peasant. Still, Sokka didn't grow up completely miserable, though he grimaces at the tales of how the rich live. When he was younger, his father got drunk in a local inn and was drawn into a fight with another drunk. Both died from their wounds and Sokka had to work so that his sister and Gran-Gran could eat. Now a servant in the Earth Emperor's Palace, he earns little but much more than a normal boy in the Lower Ring, let alone a Water Tribe boy.
Other:

Name: Azula
Nationality: Fire
Appearance: http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/azula_1.jpg
Personality: Just like in canon, Azula is snarky and can be downright cruel. She does retain some good qualities such as loyalty and friendship, but would think that burning the Earth Empire to the ground to a tempting idea.
History: Like in canon, Azula has always been her father's favorite and felt closer to him than to anyone else since she felt like her mother thought she was a monster and liked Zuko better. When her father took the throne, she told herself she wasn't sorry to see her mother leave and that her father was far more preferable than her Uncle, whom she treats with disdain as much as possible.
Other:

Last edited by almostinsane99 on Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:37 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 2:32 pm

I'll take Toph, Jin, Jet and Yue.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 2:52 pm

Okay, cool. Reserving them now.
Back to top Go down
sean_hiruki

sean_hiruki

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 5:13 pm

I'll take Zuko. I'll post hisprofile later
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 5:42 pm

Okay, cool.
Back to top Go down
sean_hiruki

sean_hiruki

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 7:11 pm

Name: Zuko
Nationality: Fire
Bender?: Fire Bender
Appearance: http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs25/f/2009/244/3/3/Avatar_Zuko_by_zaionic.jpg
Personality: Short tempered but fiercely loyal to his friends. He rather dislikes being a prince because his father basically ignores him. He finds it disgraceful that he and his fellow countrymen must bow to the Earth Emperor. He secretly seeks freedom from the Earth Empire and balance between the nations. He respects his Uncle Iroh above even his own father. He listens carefully to Iroh's teachings and follows them.
History: Born the crown Prince of the Fire Nation. His mother was kind and loving, while his father was cold and cruel. At the age of twelve, his father burned his face when he refused a duel. Unlike his sister Azula, he was not a naturally skilled Fire Bender. He had to work very hard to become as skilled as he is now. If it was not for his Uncle Iroh, he would have been exiled from the Fire Nation forever. Iroh became his guardian from then on. Much to his chagrin, Zuko is by his Father's side on their visit to Ba Sing Se. The orb of ice greatly intrigues him.
Other: He is a master of the Duel Dao (Chinese Broadswords)
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 7:32 pm

(Accepted, except that, I think that Ozai should be in the Fire Nation for this. The Fire Nation in Ba Sing Se would be Iroh and Zuko and Azula.)
Back to top Go down
sean_hiruki

sean_hiruki

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 7:33 pm

(Makes sense)
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

Location : 'ow's I suppost ta know? Now get back ta work, ya miserable grot!

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 10:23 am

I guess I'll take Katara. I'm debating on whether to take Ty-Lee too or not, so for now, just Katara will do. I'll post a Bio later.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 11:20 am

Cool. Smile
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 2:23 pm

Name: Katara
Bender?: Water Bending
Appearance: Katara

Personality: Katara generally has an easy going attitude...when she's not keeping her brother, Sokka, out of trouble. She tends to behave motherly, being protective, and a bit bossy, over Sokka. While not as quick-witted as her brother, she is more level-headed and optimistic, and while not as skeptic as her brother, she is generally more willing to believe in the supernatural, especially the Avatar.

History: Born and raised in the Lower Ring of Ba Sing Se, Katara and her family have been looked down upon their whole life as Water tribe peasants. Katara's mother died giving birth to her, leaving her father to raise both Sokka and herself, alone. Growing up the few years their father was alive, Katara, even as a girl, started picking up motherly tendencies, going so far as to punish Sokka when he got into trouble. But times were hard, especially for Water Tribe people in the Earth Empire, and their father was suffering from his loss. One night, when Katara was only six, their father when to a local inn in the Lower Ring, once again trying to dull his pain. After a couple of drinks, he inadvertently bumped into another patron, who had slightly more to drink and was having a bad day. The ensuing fight tore up most of the bar, as well as one another, the drunkard, dead in the bar, and Hakoda, a bloody mess on his own doorstep.

He died later that night, Sokka and Katara grieving his passing. Leaving their small home, they sought out the only person they had left--Gran-Gran. Katara, forcing herself to stay strong, guided her crying brother through the Lower Ring of Ba Sing Se, using her limited skills at water bending to fend off feral animals. Sokka had to work so that Katara and Gran-Gran could eat, but Katara did more than help out around the house. Finding that there were other water benders throughout the Lower Ring, slowly getting a firm grasp of bending skills.

She has recently picked up a job serving tea in a small tea shop.

Other: Katara is Bisexual
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 2:34 pm

Cool, now we just need an Aang and an Azula and Toko to get her profiles up. Accepted. Smile
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 2:43 pm

Cool, thank you.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 3:43 pm

Name: Toph
Nationality: Earth Kingdom
Appearance: https://media.photobucket.com/image/toph/hinata-light_2009/toph-1.jpg
Personality: Toph is hotheaded, stubborn and speaks her mind. She doesn't really care about rules and tends to do as she pleases. She knows how to behave and only does so when she has to. But she'd rather get down and dirty, than study.
History: Toph is the Earth Empire's princess and daughter of Long Feng. She is also next in line to the throne. Toph was born blind, but this has never been a problem for her. She learned how to 'see' and earthbend from the badgermoles. As a young child, Toph would sneak away, but now she is being forced to take care and really play her role.
Other:

Name: Jet
Appearance: https://media.photobucket.com/image/avatar%20jet/warpedteen_666/Avatar-The%20Last%20Airbender/Jet.jpg
Personality: Jet is a smooth charmer and somewhat of a womanizer. He is a bit paranoid at times and has trust issues, but he also knows how to have a good time.
History: Jet grew up in an Earth Empire village. He has a fair childhood, but he did not know that his parents didn't support the Earth Kingdom and all it did. So one day his parents were killed. Jet was suppose to be taken into custody, but he managed to escape. Since them he has been living on his own, mainly stealing or finding crappy jobs, sleeping where he can. He wants to get revenge for his parents, but he doesn't know how.
Other: Trained himself in swords

Name: Jin
Appearance: https://media.photobucket.com/image/avatar%20jin/warpedteen_666/Avatar-The%20Last%20Airbender/Jin.jpg
Personality: Jin is a good natured girl. She is kind and always willing to help others. She is obedient as well and does what she is told. Jin likes seeing others happy.
History: Born as a noble, Jin has lived a very good life. She has gotten whatever she wanted as a child and was brought up as a 'proper' lady. Jin was a bit rebellious as a kid and would sneak out a few times to play with her friends, but as she got older, she matured and started to focus on her family life as well. She has recently learned that she is engaged to be married, but does not know who her husband is yet.
Other:

Name: Yue
Appearance: https://media.photobucket.com/image/yue%20avatar/VampiressEclipse/Avatar/Prince_Yue_by_missKMC13.jpg
Personality: Yue tries to be a positive person, but it is hard at times. She is very obedient and is hardworking, putting others needs before her own. Yue is a gentle person and does not hate the Earth Empire.
History: Yue does not know her real family. She was taken from them as a child and put to work in the Earth Empire. She has worked as a maid for most of her life, moving from family to family. She now lives in the lower ring as a maid and assistant to a Water Tribe man.
Other:

Last edited by TokoToTheEnd on Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 7:26 am

Hm. Why not, I'm interested enough. I'll claim Hama, Long Feng, and perhaps someone else later. Though it might take me awhile to get time to make the profiles. Dunno yet. Ooh, I'll also take Haru. And I may take a fourth character later.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 11:02 am

Got it. Reserving.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 9:16 pm

Sorry for the double post, but Magus has taken Aang. His profile, however, won't appear since Aang's going to be a surprise.
Back to top Go down
sean_hiruki

sean_hiruki

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 9:31 pm

sounds good
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 3:49 pm

I am not able to finish my characters atm, but I will once I get internet back which should be soon
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 6:47 pm

Ah, okay.
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 7:53 am

Sorry I haven't been on much, I just got internet back today, and even now, I'm on the sly. (not supposed to be on the internet in class)
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 1:04 pm

(It's fine. We're just about to start soon.)
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 1:22 pm

(Saturday and Sunday are no post days for me, for now, and during the week it's from 8:30 am to 3:45 pm usually. If I'm not on, I have no internet.)
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 3:01 pm

(Ah, I see.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)
Page 1 of 15Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next