New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:18 pm

Here's my first character. I hope to have the others finished soon.

Name: Long Feng
Nationality: Earth Kingdom
Bender?: Yes
Appearance: http://screenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/217/405.jpg
Personality: Long Feng is a manipulative and, some say, evil man. He does only what he believes to be the best interests of his nation, and most importantly, his own interests. Long Feng is also a bit of a cruel and vindictive man. Thus, it is wise to never cross him. However, he is a man of his word, and does not want to be excessively cruel or malicious unless it is necessary. Long Feng considers himself to be an honorable and just man, though that is up for debate.
History: For the past two decades, Long Feng has ruled the Earth Empire with an iron fist. After disposing of his father and younger brother, Long Feng assumed control of the Empire, and swiftly took care of those who might oppose him. It is thanks to him that the total subjugation of the Water Tribes was completed. In fact, Long Feng himself led the Siege of the North, and helped remove the Water Tribes as an enemy permanently.

Since then Long Feng has kept his Empire together, and has been satisfied with the 'peace' they have with the Fire Nation. However, he has grown tired of the status quo recently, and hopes to change things again with the arrival of the Fire Nation delegates. It is Long Feng's dream that he be remembered as the Emperor that completely unified the world under the Earth Empire's banner.
Other:

Last edited by Magus1108 on Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:56 pm

Cool, except the link won't show. Still, we all know what Long Feng looks like. Accepted. Looking forward to seeing your other characters.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 3:13 pm

Odd. Well, it should be fixed now, I think.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 4:10 pm

Ah, okay. It's cool.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 6:38 pm

Name: Hama
Nationality: Water Tribes
Bender?: Yes, Water
Appearance: http://screenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/308/077.jpg
Personality: On the surface, Hama appears to be a kind and gentle old woman. However, underneath, she is much more bitter and vengeful. She absolutely despises the Earth Empire, and everyone who serves it. Hama will not rest until every single man, woman, and child that call themselves 'Earth Empire citizens' are dead. However, Hama can be much more civil with members of her own Tribes and others who oppose the Empire. Still, Hama has much hate festering within her, making it difficult to befriend her.
History: When Hama was a young girl, the Earth Empire attacked the Southern Water Tribe and proceeded to conquer her people. They were taken away from their homeland, and the lucky ones were sold as slaves. Those who weren't as lucky, mostly waterbenders like Hama, were taken away to secure prison facilities to live out the rest of their lives in misery.

Hama was not content to do this, however, and after many years of living in that hell, managed to escape and killed the jailers who had dared imprison her and and her people. Once Hama and the other water benders escaped, they all eventually parted ways, with most of them going on to join rebel sects to strike back at the Empire. Hama herself joined one, and now has become a major player amongst the rebellious sects scattered all over the Earth Empire. It is her hope that they can coordinate themselves together, so that the can organize a massive strike against the Empire' Royal Family. With their deaths, Hama is confident that the Empire will fall into chaos, allowing them to fully get their revenge on the populace.
Other:

Name: Haru
Nationality: Earth Empire
Bender?: Yes, Earth
Appearance: http://screenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/106/087.jpg
Personality: Haru is often a piety and cruel boy. He is unnecessarily violent and vindictive to those he views as his enemies, and rarely shows any mercy to people. Haru will also do whatever it takes to accomplish his goals.
History: Haru came from a prominent noble house within the Empire, and thus he has been spoiled and has lead a privileged life, all these years. Thanks to connections his father had, Haru was sent to train amongst the Dai Li, and is now a junior operative in the organization. Many of his peers and superiors belittle and dismiss him, though, because of his nobility. Haru is determined to prove himself to these people, and make them pay for wronging him.
Other:
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 8:25 pm

Cool. Accepted. I think I'll take Azula and then we only need to wait on Toko.
Back to top Go down
sean_hiruki

sean_hiruki

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 9:36 am

Hope it starts soon
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 12:53 pm

I finished my characters.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 2:21 pm

(Cool. Your characters are accepted. I'll start this now.)

"I still don't understand why we are doing this," Azula complained. She, her brother, and her uncle were in a carriage emblazoned with red and gold behind a procession of Royal Fire Nation guards as they traveled through the city of Ba Sing Se to play diplomat with the enemy. Thus, she was in a bit of a bad mood.

"I say we kill the Earth Emperor and let the fools fight over the throne while we invade," she stated.

Iroh, who was appraising the cityscape passing by his window. It was a truly impressive site. He sighed at what Azula said, "That course of action would lead to the deaths of millions, Azula. Not to mention we'd have no escape route. Our only hope is for the Avatar to return."

"Spare us your fairy tales, Uncle. It's fortunate that you're not Fire Lord," she told him cruelly.

Sokka grimaced as he trudged through the Upper Ring towards the entrance towards the Palace. He was getting disdainful looks from passerby, but he ignored them. He had a job at the palace and a sister and grandmother to feed. He didn't have time to care. Besides, what were they going to do to him? He was dressed in the ridiculously expensive green-silk outfit that marked him as a Palace servant and he had his papers.

He flashed said papers at a guard by the servant's entrance into the palace and walked in. At least this job paid well.
Back to top Go down
sean_hiruki

sean_hiruki

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 9:55 am

Zuko sighed heavly at his sister's sadistic idea. She ALWAYS had ideas like that....It was annoying. He scoffed and folded his arms. "Don't be stupid, Azula. And don't say things like that here. In case you forgot, We are in Ba Sing Se, the Earth Empire CAPITOL." He turned to his uncle, and gave him a small smile.
"Uncle, let us say that the Avatar was still an Air Nomad. What would he look like?"
Zuko spoke to Iroh with admiration and interest. He had invested interest in any wisdom his uncle imparts to him. For some reason, Zuko was really interested in stories about the Avatar.
His uncle always told him that his destiny was intertwined with the Avatar's. Zuko hoped with all his heat that his uncle was correct.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 12:19 pm

"Hmm..." Iroh began, stroking his beard with a please expression on his face. It was good to see someone so young interested in the old ways. When the time came, he had no doubt he'd make an excellent Fire Lord.

"Traditionally, Air Nomads dressed in yellow and reds, Prince Zuko. If he is in hiding, however, he would adopt normal Earth Empire clothing. Also, Air Nomads who became masters at their bending art were emblazoned with blue arrow tattoos. This is why they always shaved themselves bald. These, of course, the Avatar would also cover up. What is unmistakable is their grey eyes, however. No other people in the world has grey eyes like an airbender."

"Enough of your fairy tales, Uncle. The only use the Avatar has is if the Earth Emperor still thinks Roku's alive, if he still does," Azula told them.
Back to top Go down
sean_hiruki

sean_hiruki

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 12:50 pm

Zuko listened carefully to the description his uncle gave him. He logged the appearance of the average Air Nomad in the back of his head for later use. He was determined to find the Avatar.

His small smile faded into an angry frown at his sister's negativity. "Roku would be almost two hundred by now" He shot down Azula's reasoning. "Of course he isn't alive anymore. That's why the new Avatar is an Air Nomad."
Zuko looked outside and watched as the people of the Empire went about their day...They seemed so normal...They looked like his own people in Green. They could not be his enemy....They weren't. The Emperor was, though.

Last edited by sean_hiruki on Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 1:00 pm

((....May I interject here for a moment? Sorry I haven't posted yet, but I've been busy. AI, I believe the ice orb thing that's holding Aang is going to be sold by some Earth Empire merchants who think it'll earn them a few nice gold pieces, right? Then I don't think it'd be on display in the middle of the city...

Oh, and I found it a little odd Zuko asked Iroh about the next Avatar. Considering it sorta came out of the blue, and that the Air Nomads are all dead, and have been for...what, a hundred years or so, give or take? I'm not so sure on the timeline, regarding that. Just saying.))
Back to top Go down
sean_hiruki

sean_hiruki

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 2:07 pm

((I thought the Empire had it for awhile now. I'll edit that part. But the other part I have reasons for. Zuko still wants to find the Avatar, though for different reasons than in the show. It isn't crazy to think that maybe a few Air Nomads might have escaped and you would think that the Avatar would be one of them considering...he's the goddamn Avatar. Zuko is assuming that the Air Nomad Avatar could still be alive. Of course, Logically he thinks the new Avatar could be Water Tribe, but he already knows what they traditionally look like, but he has never seen an Air Nomad before, so it would stand to reason that he would ask the one man wise enough to know the answer to his question. ))
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 5:28 pm

((Fair enough. Though I'm not sure what I should do with the characters I can use, at the moment.))

Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 6:34 pm

(I could time-skip so they arrive at the palace to meet with Long Feng.)
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 6:36 pm

((Fine with me. But perhaps we should wait for the other two members to post first.))
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 7:41 pm

(Yeah, that'd be a good idea.)
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

Location : 'ow's I suppost ta know? Now get back ta work, ya miserable grot!

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 8:26 am

"So," Gran-Gran said out of the blue as she was sweeping, "meet anyone interesting at the tea shop?" Katara looked up at her after she finished straightening out her clothes. Scrunching her face in thought, she replied, "Well, there is this really cute boy that comes around, but he tends to be a little full of himself,"

"Oh, I see," Gran-Gran said simply, and Katara smiled, "And there is this really cute girl too." Gran-Gran chuckled. Katara never would have known that her grandmother could be so perceptive, and understanding, but it been a while since she admitted to her Gran-Gran that she liked girls too...and she said she already knew.

"So, nothing bad about this girl?" Gran-Gran inquired, an eyebrow hitching. Katara's smile faltered, "Well, yesterday, when she stopped by, I stumbled a bit. It wasn't anything serious, but a few drops did splash on her, and...well, she freaked."

"So, she's the shallow type? You meet a plenty of those, both men and women." She walked over and placed a hand on Katara's shoulder, "Don't worry. You'll find someone that's right for you." "And then I'll have to deal with Sokka's panic attack." Katara said with a giggle.

Gran-Gran chuckled, "You should give your brother more credit. He may not be...well, very bright at times, but he does love you. I think he would care more about your happiness than whether you have a boyfriend or girlfriend." Katara thought on it, "Yeah, but as dense as he can be, if he hasn't figured it out by now, I may as well walk around with a sign hanging around my neck."

Gran-Gran burst out laughing as Katara gave her a peck on the cheek, "Well, I have to go now. Stop by the tea shop sometime, I might be able to get you a discount!" and waved to her Gran-Gran as she closed the door. "And hopefully Sokka will have a fairly good day." Katara muttered to herself as she made her way to the tea shop.

Last edited by Warboss_Spriggs on Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 10:06 am

Yue looked around the street as she swept. She was making sure the place stayed clean. It was not something she had to do, but after working as a maid, it was a hard habit to break. Not that her master minded.
--------
Toph frowned as she listened to some tutor drone on and on about the Earth Empire's history.

"Princess Toph are you listening to me," the tutor asked. Toph nodded, though she scowled.

"Oh yes. I find this subject most fascinating," she said sarcastically. The tutor didn't take it that way and so he continued on smiling happily. Toph wished she could sneak off, but there were guards at the door. Her father was learning about her habit to sneak off.
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 8:22 am

The tea shop that Katara had found work in wasn't exactly popular when she started there. To say the least, the tea was...actually poor quality, but with what she learned from Gran-Gran and using her water bending skills, the shop had gained in popularity, pulling in more customers as word got around.

It was Katara's fifth day on the job, and she was not aware that the Fire Lord's family was in Ba Sing Sae. Walking through the doorway, she was greeted by few of the shop regulars, "Well, if it isn't the Tea Goddess, blessing us with her presence.!" said an elderly gentalman with a jovial laugh, making Katara blush, "Please, I'm not that great..."

"Nonsense!" Interjected another from across the shop, "Why, if it weren't for you, I think I would have given up on this little tea shop!" "Yeah! You should stop being so modest!" called another from beside him. The tea shop's owner walked up to her, "Now, now, " he called out, "If you wouldn't mind, she needs to get to work, so please stop harassing her!"

Katara smiled as the groups mock-panicked at the thought of not getting any of Katara's specially made tea. Some of the people here really made it a joy to work here, and it was that little ray of sunshine that helped get her through the day. Grabbing her apron, she bent some water into a pot as she lit the flame. Preparing the tea and the spices just as Gran-Gran showed her, its aroma made its way into the front as patrons breathed it in with contentment.

Katara called to the front as she set the kettle and the cups, "Tea's ready!" A cheer answered her as she made her way through the kitchen doors.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 11:20 am

?

A cloaked figure stepped inside the tea shop Katara worked in and took a seat near the back. He looked around and waited patiently to be served.

((That scene with Katara reminds me of an episode of Monster, where Nina Fortner was working at that one shop for that one episode.))
Back to top Go down
sean_hiruki

sean_hiruki

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 12:24 pm

((lol. Me too. Good episode. Great show too.))
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 7:27 am

Katara spotted the cloaked figure and walked over to him, "Hello, sir, and welcome. Is there anything in particular I can get you?" she had a smile on her face, but deep inside, she was really hoping that he wasn't here to taunt her.

Many of the patrons here were kind, but there were many more newcomers that were cruel and taunting just because she was Water Tribe, and often made it a point to come here only to do so. And she couldn't do anything about it until they actually made an attempt to harm her. After all, she didn't want to "drive away customers and give the shop a bad name."

((I've never seen Monster to tell the truth. What a very strange coincidence.))
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 11:18 am

?

"Do you serve any Jasmine tea?" the cloaked man inquired.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)   The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Earth Empire (Avatar Roleplay)
Page 2 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next