New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Succession: Heir to the Empire

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 8:14 pm

"But surely you can break the spell," Nebi pressed, "You are more powerful than anyone I've ever seen. Caesar's power would be nothing against yours."
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 9:13 pm

C.C.

"That's true. The trouble is, I need to know what spell he may have used, and at this point, I can't find out." C.C. said.

Caesar

"Susanna, I want to help you. Preparing for the next challenge doesn't really matter for me. I just want to make sure you're prepared, when the time comes." Caesar assured, sequezing Susanna's hand.

Rein

"Follow me!" Rein said before dashing down the hall.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 9:20 pm

"I can find it out for you," Nebi offered, "I'm a lot stronger than Caesar is. I can make him tell me even if I have to beat it out of him. I don't think Baruti would mind. He'd just clamp me on the back for showing ambition."
Back to top Go down
roman_tic_kataang

roman_tic_kataang

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 6:58 am

Epiphany caught up with Carlisle as he started to attempt stitching his arm. "Mind if i tag along?" she asked while eyeing his arm. Without waiting for an answer, she asked,"would it be fine with you if I tried something to temporarily stop the bleeding?"
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 3:14 am

Carlisle

"Oh umm, yes, thank you." Carlisle said, surprised and relieved to see Epiphany. The Doctor held his arm out for Epiphany to work on it, giving her a weak smile. "To be honest, I'm surprised that you'd still want to speak to me. Considering my...well not exactly merciful, attitude during the challenge."
----------------------
Susanna

Susanna paused and smiled, hugging Caesar quickly once again. "I don't know what I'd do without you." She whispered into the Humage's ear.
----------------------
Kegan

"Will do." Kegan whispered under his breath as he began to run after Rein down the hall.
---------------------
Brighe

Brighe slowly and quietly followed Syrien a few minutes after the challenge. Well, followed his trail, to be precise. She hadn't gotten to speak with the Elf alone yet, and she felt that considering his adopted Daughter's relationship with Kegan, getting to know the man who raised her would be wise. "Syrien?" Brighe asked as she finally saw the Elf.
Back to top Go down
roman_tic_kataang

roman_tic_kataang

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 6:20 am

"Well, we all change don't we?" Epiphany said returning a not-so-happy smile. She took his arm,"You might feel a bit pressure." She warned. Epiphany pressed at a point between his elbow and shoulder until she felt the bone. She glanced at the hand a few seconds after pressing and saw that the hand had stopped bleeding a bit. She slowly set the hand down. "How are you feeling now?"
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 6:28 am

Carlisle

Carlisle winced as he heard Epiphany talk about him changing, but the Doctor quickly straightened out his expression as he felt a light pressure in his arm. "Th-that's great. Thanks." Carlisle said as he smiled at Epiphany gratefully.

As Carlisle began to stitch the wound up again, he continued to talk with Epiphany while staring at his work. "It feels a bit weird though, after that bit. I don't think Kegan, will be talking with us anymore, self-righteous as he is. And Nebi might not be comfortable around us either now. I hope I'm wrong, but...." Carlisle let the sentence drift off as he looked up at Epiphany and shrugged with a hint of sadness.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 9:21 am

C.C.

At Nebi's statement, C.C. chuckled a little. "Nebi, it's possible you may be physically stronger than Caesar, but Caesar is a master Magi. He wouldn't let you get close enough to him before he attacked you with spells. While he may not be as refined and skillful as me or someone of Syrien's calabuir, he does have more raw energy and power than most Magi his age. His Humage heritage does not help in that aspect, either. Besides, it would still be too dangerous."

Syrien

"Yes, Lady Brighe?" Syrien asked, turning over to her.

Rein

Rein led Kegan through a series of halls before heading toward a set of winding stairs. It took her some time, but eventually she finally reached the top. For the moment Rein rested and waited for Kegan to come.

Caesar

Caesar hugged Susanna back before releasing her. For once, an actual smile was on the crazied Humage's face, instead of his usual twisted or wicked grin. "Thank you, Susanna. I'm...not all that used to such kindness. Now, do you wish to continue your training? Or do you wish to continue at a later moment?
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 9:30 am

Susanna

"No, no. Lets get on with it. I wouldn't want to fall behind now, would I?" Susanna asked rhetorically as she released Caesar, returning his smile as she tried to stay relaxed.
---------------------------
Kegan

"Well you certainly know this castle better then I do." Kegan said as he stood right behind Rein, not even out of breath as he watched Rein rest, though the Heir was confused as to where they were now.
----------------------------
Brighe

"I was wondering if you had any free time to speak with me? We haven't really communicated yet and I think that it would be prudent if we did considering that both of the children we are guarding happen to be...close to each other." Brighe explained in a stiff yet polite voice.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 9:48 am

Rein

"Come on! Only a little further now." Rein declared. She walked up another flight of winding steps before reaching a door. The young Humage opened it, and stepped outside. She waited for Kegan to arrive. Once he was there, Rein pointed north.

"Look!"

It turned out that Rein had led Kegan up one of the many spiraling towers that made up the imperial palace. All around them, the beauty of the Imperial City streched out before them. From this height, and in the light, the capital looked beautiful. Rein grinned and looked back at Kegan.

"Breathtaking, isn't it? I like to come up here sometimes and watch the sun rise onto the city."

Caesar

"Good. Now, we've done basic hand-to-hand combat training, and I've taught you some basic magic offensive and defensive spells. Now, to move onto something else. Combat fighting with weapons." Caesar said. Beside Susanna, a sword conjured itself up.

"To use the sword," Caesar began, "One must wield it properly, and make sure not lob off one's ear by accident. Please unsheath the sword and take a few swings with it, if you like. It will be a bit heavy, though."

Syrien

"I see. Well, it is only logical. Please, go ahead." Syrien said.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 12:07 pm

"Hey, I'm pretty strong with magic. Didn't you see my performance in the dueling challenge? I think I did great," Nebi told her with a grin before sighing, "It's just strange. Before I became an Heir, I always thought Good would prevail no matter what. Now, though, I'm not so sure. Baruti's creepy and Caesar's somehow gotten someone to listen to him."

Baruti stood upon a balcony of the palace overlooking the Imperial City, deep in thought. He loved this position. It showed him the glory and power of the Gaborian Empire, an invincible power that was supported by the very divine powers of the gods themselves.

He thought of the next challenge, it would prove amusing. Politics always were. He also thought of the Heirs. All were powerful, some more than others. Who was more corrupted, though? Who was both powerful and weak enough to be bent to the spirit within the throne's will. Who was worthy of becoming the previous Emperor's new vessel?
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 9:57 pm

Kegan

Kegan's mouth gaped open as he stared at the beautiful horizon. "Wow. It truly is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen." Kegan admitted, practically in a whisper, as he turned to look at Rein. "How did you ever find this place?"
-------------------------
Susanna

Susanna winced as she gripped onto the sword, feeling the muscle that she had pulled in her back from training earlier. After she was in a pose that she found satisfying, Susanna unsheathed the sword and swung it a few times, never swinging too wide. "Well, shall we begin?"
Brighe

"Wonderful. I figured that we could go back and forth with it, so this isn't a one-sided conversation. I'll ask you a question, then you ask me one." Brighe suggested as she clasped her hands together. "I'll go first then... Where were you born?"
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 10:19 pm

Syrien

"In the Highlands Mountains, near the lands of Gorthrath. I was born and raised by a group of nomadic Efls that followed the ways of our ancestors, in ancient times, before I was sold into slavery." Syrien answered cooly.

"And you?" he asked.

Rein

"I just discovered it by accident one day, when I had some free time. I come here every time I get the chance. Even though are capital can be dark and evil in some places, it can look truly beautiful at the right times and places." Rein said, gazing at the wonderful sight. After a few minutes she looked over at Kegan.

"So, what do you want to do now?"

C.C.

"Life can be trying at times, I've certainly found that out. Things do work out in the end, though. One way or another." C.C. commented. Something occured to her then, though.

"Nebi, what day is it today?"

Caesar

Caesar nodded. He conjured up his own weapon, and took a few swings with it himself. "Normally I prefer daggers, but for the purpose of this exercise, it is needed. Now, Susanna, I want you to try a simple swing at me. Make sure not to use too much force, though. If you use too much force when I block it, you could drop it." Caesar warned.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 11:06 pm

Nebi blinked. He was about to thank C.C. for her encouragement, but her next words caught him off guard. He thought for a moment and spoke, "It's Sunday, today. Why? Is something wrong?"
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 12:47 am

Brighe

"I was born in Lyr'thael, in the central area of the great Forest. About thirteen-hundred kilometers to the east from here." Brighe replied calmly.

"May I ask you a personal question now?"
--------------------------------
Kegan

"I'm enjoying myself just fine right now." Kegan replied warmly as he looked at Rein.
Susanna

Susanna nodded in reply as she gripped onto the blade tightly. "Hyeah!" She shouted while swinging the sword up from below, swinging hard and angling it a bit to the left unintentionally.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 8:24 am

Caesar

Caesar brought up his own blade, and easily blocked Susanna's strike. "Good, not bad for the first time. Now, again!"

Syrien

"You may." Syrien spoke.

Rein

"Me too." Rein agreed. She stayed silent for some time then, simply enjoying the view. The sky soon began to grow dark, however, as day soon turned into night. As the sun began to set, Rein looked back over at Kegan again.

"So, shall we go ahead and do what you suggested earlier?"

C.C.

C.C. just nodded at his reply, giving no answer. She closed her eyes in thought, remembering events that had happened, so long ago...it almost seemed as if it had been a dream. But no, it wasn't a dream. She had learned that long ago. To think, though, she had neary forgotten the anniversary of that day.

"It is...nothing, Nebi. Do not concern yourself." C.C. said at last.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 8:44 am

Nebi frowned, watching C.C. intently. She seemed troubled. He could tell from her expression that she was. Hesitantly, he placed his hand on hers and spoke.

"Are you sure? I want to help if I can."
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 7:46 am

Susanna

Susanna quickly slid her blade down Caesar's causing a few sparks as it came down before she quickly swung again at his right side, this time the pulled muscle in her back flaming up in pain again, causing Susanna's strike to weaken and slow.
-------------------------------
Brighe

"How is it you were sold into slavery? Surely your kin wouldn't sell you?" BRighe asked as she studied Syrien's face, wondering if at last the Elf would finally show some feeling.
Kegan

Kegan smiled as he looked down at Rein. "That sounds wonderful."
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 8:31 am

C.C.

"No, it's fine. Nothing's wrong." C.C. said, shaking her head. She vanished before Nebi could ask any further questions.

Syrien

"I was taken from my family at a young age by raiders, and was in turn sold into slavery by them." Syrien answered, still showing no signs of emotion. He remained calm and collected as always.

But unintentionally, the Elf began to clench and unclench his right hand.

Rein

"Great. You lead the way!" Rein said.

Caesar

Caesar blocked that strike too. He gave Susanna a concerned look. "Perhaps we should practice later, when you've rested more. You seem a bit...sluggish."
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 8:52 am

Brighe

"I see. And I take it you never saw your family again?" Brighe asked as she continued to study Syrien's face, not noticing the his hands clenched.
---------------------
Susanna

"No!" Susanna shouted angrily as she stood up straight again. "There's not enough time for breaks, we need to do this." Susanna stated as she looked up at Caesar, a cold and angry glint in her eyes as she gripped onto her sword again and swung it at Caesar's right side again, this time much faster and harder, but also less even as well.
----------------------
Kegan

"Well then..." Kegan said as he stood up, "Follow me, milady." The Half-Elf said in what he assumed was a charming way as he held out his hand to help Rein up.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 5:10 pm

Rein

Rein took his hand and stood back up. "Lead the way!" she said cheerily.

Syrien

"Correct. Through the years I went through several different masters, before finally becoming the personal slave to the previous Emperor. I am in a position of power now that I could attempt to locate my family, but it would be futile. My parents are long dead, and I have no other reasons to find the sect. On an unrelated note, I found that each member of the raider team that took me away have all been brutally murdered throughout the years. Curious, is it not?" Syrien asked. A feeling of grim satisfaction passed through his face, though it was only momentarily. It was as if it had never been there before, though a trained observer would have made note of it.

Caesar

Caesar brought up his blade to block Susanna's, causing sparks to fly upon impact. The tip of her sword, though, managed to make a small nick on his flesh. The Humage gave a grunt of approval.

"Good, good. Use your anger and your hate. But be careful, do not let it control you, but rather, let yourself control it. Anger and rage can be some of the most powerful and useful tools a person can have, if they know to use it right. Strike me again, and then I can start to teach you blocking." Caesar instructed.
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:01 pm

Brighe

"Quite." Brighe agreed as she continued to study Syrien. Though now her mind was working harder than her eyes as she tried piece together the Elf's strange facial expressions as he had spoken. "Oh, pardon me, it would seem I asked two questions in a row before giving you a turn. So sorry." Brighe said as she quickly tried to change the dismal mood that hanged around them.
Susanna

Susanna grunted in reply as she swung the sword at Caesar again, Her back screaming at her in pain as she tried to hit the Humage.
--------------------------
Clara

"You know I'm quite glad that you decided to come with me Tsuba, this wouldn't be nearly as fun without you." Clara informed the Heir as she laid down on soft couch, a group of Servants catering to her every whim.
--------------------------
Kegan

"Well then, lets go." Kegan replied before he began to descend the stairs with Rein.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:00 pm

Syrien

"Very well. What is your history?" Syrien asked.

Caesar

Once more, Caesar blocked her attack. He nodded approvingly. "Good, good. Now, I will strike at you, and will shall attempt to block. Understood? Good."

Without another word, Caesar raised his sword and made a strike at her left side.

Rein

Rein followed Kegan, and let him lead her to their destination. She did not know what route to take to get there, so she thought it best for him to lead.

Tsuba

"Indeed." Tsuba agreed, relaxing as the servants catered to her as well. A soldier came over, and whispered something into Tsuba's ear. She nodded, and dismissed him.
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:44 pm

Clara

"Political business, I'm guessing?" Clara asked after the Soldier had walked out of the room.
-----------------------
Susanna

Susanna quickly tried to block Caesar's attack, but unfortunately failed to keep her hand steady as the force of Caesar's attack caused her sword to fall back into her arm, cutting into it.

Susanna bit her tongue as she tried to ignore the pain, but she knew that training was over for the day as she felt her blood drip down her arm.
------------------------
Brighe

"Oh, well. As you know I was born in Lyr'thael. I had seven sisters and four brothers. My Father was on the Council of Elders for our tribe, and he took it very seriously. I had a wonderful childhood, really." Brighe replied, for the first time in the conversation she wasn't looking at Syrien, but at the floor instead.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:59 pm

Tsuba

"Of course. My request to certain allies of mine has been approved. A plan has now been set in motion." Tsuba replied, giving a chuckle.

"I do love the many complex laws the Empire has. So many loopholes I can exploit to my advantage." she commented. She gave a sigh of pleasure as a servant began to massage her shoulders.

Syrien

"I see. Your turn, Lady Brighe. If you wish, you may ask as to why I took Rein under my care. I've no doubt that has garnered your curiousity." Syrien said.

Caesar

Caesar let his blade clatter to the ground and quickly strode over to her. He placed his hand over the wounded area, and began a healing spell. Slowly, the bleeding started to cease and the cut area healed at an accelerated rate.

"I am sorry Susanna. I did not mean to hurt you." Caesar said sincerely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 19 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Succession: Heir to the Empire
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next