New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Succession: Heir to the Empire

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 7:34 pm

Rein

Rein watched what happened with shock. She sure hoped Kegan knew what he was doing...

Syrien

"How fascinating..." Syrien murmured, watching the battle now with much interest. It wasn't often one had the chance to see such a skillful person at magic in battle. No doubt Kegan would have to either have enough skill or raw power to make this succeed. The possibility for Kegan becoming Emperor rose slightly in Syrien's eyes.

"Has he done this before?" Syrien asked.
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 8:29 pm

Brighe

"He's gone over the basics before, done a bit of practice of course. It's an old family trick. My Father, My Sister, And Kegan's Mother, and even I myself, know how to do the spell. Of course all of it is done in different ways, as it has to be adapted to the person using the spell of course. The issue is I haven't seen him go over the spell in at least four years, so I have no idea how good at it he might be." Brighe answered as she pulled her hand away from the pool.

As she saw the flash of light spread around the screen below, Brighe looked up and whispered to Syrien: "He's going to have to adjust to the controls now. It sort of feels like waking up after being knocked out, and you find that everything in your body now moves in a different way."
----------------------
Kegan

The Basilisk's head quickly shifted as it looked towards the fallen tree, confused as to how it had suddenly fallen. Immediately afterward, two more fell twenty yards away.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 8:51 pm

Rein

Rein stared at the falling trees in bewilderment, wondering what exactly Kegan was doing.

"Come on Kegan, whatever you're gonna do, do it soon..."

Syrien

"I see. How interesting. I might want to learn that trick one day, Lady Brighe, if possible. It certainly seems more impressive then my 'turning into a dragon' trick." Syrien said. The battle was sure taking an interesting turn, the Elf thought. Hopefully Kegan's trick would be enough to take down the basilisk.
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 9:26 pm

Brighe

"Well first you'd have to become a part of my family so I could teach you without having to be worried about being shunned. Again." Brighe answered.
-----------------------
Kegan

After Rein had spoken, the grass rippled around her, as though there was a strong breeze that couldn't be felt. The Basilisk turned and looked towards Rein, slithering it's tongue as it quickly changed it's target. And then, Kegan made his move. Roots quickly leaped out of the Earth and surrounded themselves around the Basilisk. Unfortunately the Monster was too slick, and the roots were too slow, as the Serpent easily got away and continued to go after Rein.

Not stopping for even a second, the trees that stood between Rein and the Basilisk quickly began to collapse, always aimed at the snake, but missing each time. As the Basilisk got close to Rein, it opened it's mouth so it could swallow the girl, thus making the mistake that would lead to it's demise. A vine quickly popped out of the ground, leaping into the Basilisk's throat. The Monster began to gag as it tried to get the vine out of it's mouth, but instead more vines and roots just quickly went into the Beast's mouth. After almost a minute of hard struggling, the Serpent's stomach was quickly ripped out of it's body, landing on the ground right in front of Rein and Epiphany.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 9:34 pm

Syrien

"Oh? Well, it's a good thing I am available." Syrien said, actually smiling. He frowned a moment later and cleared his throat. "That was a joke."

Rein

Rein recoiled from the bloody organ, resisting the urge to throw up at the sight of it. Well, at least Kegan was finally acting now.
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 10:09 pm

Brighe

Brighe chuckled to herself before replying; "Yes, I assumed that you were."
-----------------------
Kegan

A few seconds after it's stomach had been ripped out, the Basilisk finally stopped struggling as it finally died. Slowly afterward the vines crawled out of it's mouth, stopping to lay on the ground next to beast. Now all they could do was wait to see if Kegan would wake.
------------------------
Rhys/Katie

Katie and Rhys laid on the bunks, opposite from each other across the room.

"....Rhys?" Katie asked as she stared up at the ceiling, still feeling like she could cry at the slightest problem.

"Yes, Katie?" Rhys asked as he sat up, eager to help the girl in anyway he could.

"What are we going to do? I mean, when the challenge that Baruti's throwing us into starts? Caesar is going to try and kill us again if he can. And we....well you, won't hurt him."

"I can't hurt him Katie." Rhys corrected, sighing in exasperation. "And the plan is, to find C.C. so she can protect you during the challenge. Meanwhile, I am going to find Caesar and distract him so that way he doesn't find and go after you. Now we just need to hope that we actually get a chance to speak with C.C. before Caesar or Susanna finds out we're here."

"Oh...." Katie replied, feeling herself get emotional again as she heard Rhys mention her Cousin as a threat.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 10:26 pm

Syrien

"Good. I did not want you to assume otherwise. Sometimes, considering my personality, it is often hard for people to tell when I am being serious or not." Syrien said.

Rein

Rein turned to Kegan and waited for him to become conscious again. Well, at least that crisis was averted, thankfully. Now, hopefully, it wouldn't take him long to wake up.
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 5:32 am

Kegan

The light green glow began to shrink as it moved back towards Kegan's body. First the Horse Tattoo reappeared on the Half Elf's body. Followed quickly by the Eagle, and then the Ram. But as the final glow that must have surely been the angels neared Kegan's body, an anomaly happened. As the first of the Angels began to reappear thus signifying that the spell was almost complete, a red glow appeared around the Basilisk's corpse, quickly rushing towards Kegan's body in a bright flash. There was a new tattoo branded on Kegan's skin now, identical to the Basilisk that he had just killed.

And then with Kegan's consciousness finally returned to his body, the Half-Elf woke up, his body immediately began to seize and shake.
------------------------------
Brighe/Clara

Brighe held her hands behind her back as she looked away from Syrien, back towards the pool. "That's probably because those people weren't paying attention to what you had to say. If one just stops and listens, it's easy to tell what you're feeling as you speak."

"Oh....well that's not good." Clara commented dryly as she looked down into the pool.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 7:22 am

Rein

"Kegan?!" Rein shouted, rushing to his side. She grabbed his shoulders and tried to steady him. "What's happening!? Are you alright?"

Syrien

"What is happening now?" Syrien asked, turning back to the pool.
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 4:30 pm

Brighe

"My Nephew got too relaxed, and because of that his body was an open target. The dying Basilisk obviously noticed this and....jumped." Brighe answered, Clara making a woosh noise right after she spoke. "Was that really necessary?" Brighe asked as she glared at the girl.

"Well I thought it added something." Clara replied.

Brighe rolled her eyes before continuing the explanation, "Anyways, my Nephew is now dealing with the monster he just killed, but in his own body. It probably hurts like hell, I doubt that he'll be able to move or even speak any time soon. Even if he got rid of the Basilisk right now."
--------------------------
Kegan

Kegan didn't respond, in fact he didn't even acknowledge that he had heard Rein as his body continued to shake.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 4:34 pm

Syrien

"What happens if he fails to defeat the basilisk in his body?"

Rein

"Kegan, what's wrong? Damn it, snape out of it!" Rein cried with a mixture of fear and frustration. She slapped the half-elf on the cheek, hoping that would get through to him somehow.
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 4:38 pm

Brighe

"He'll die. His heart will give out, most likely." Brighe answered calmly, not wanting to give away any of her personal feelings considering how many people in this room could just take advantage of them. "To be honest, if I was there we could do something to help him.... Syrien, is there anyways you could send a message to your Daughter? Maybe just ask her to bring my Nephew up to the Observatory as quickly as she can?"

Last edited by Alec on Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 4:44 pm

"Well, then, I guess you'll have to stick close to me so nothing sneaks up on me. My bed is usually big enough for two, now," Nebi told her mischievously.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 4:48 pm

Syrien

"I can do better than that, actually. A loophole comes to mind that I can abuse. As the personal slave to the Emperor, I am obligated to save the Emperor and/or his Heirs, no matter the circumstance or situation. Since, there is no Emperor, I am obligated to help save Heir Kegan." Syrien explained. He chanted a quick spell before disappearing.

When he reappeared, Kegan, Rein, and Epiphany were now in the Observatory. "Whatever you need to do, do it quickly." Syrien said.

C.C.

"Then why don't we test how...sturdy...it is? I mean, we can't have your bed collapsing on you in the middle of the night." C.C. suggested seductively, giving Nebi a smile.
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 5:22 pm

Clara/Brighe

"Isn't this cheating?" Clara asked before being cut off by Brighe, "Shut up now, I will throw you off this mountain if you continue to talk." The Elf threatened before leaving down over her Nephew. Brighe quickly scanned Kegan's body, her hand brushing over his body as they glowed a light gold. "Yes well.... The answer is an easy one." Brighe informed Rein as she gave the girl a reassuring smile.

Brighe quickly leaned down over her Nephew, suddenly ripping off the remainder of his shirt and throwing it at Rein. Immediately afterwards she quickly cut a small Elvish sign into her Nephew's chest, right above the Basilisk image. Kegan suddenly screamed as he began to bleed. "Syrien, hold him down." Brighe ordered as she pricked her own finger.
-------------------------------
Carlisle

"Oh come on!" Carlisle shouted in pain as he threw the bottle of whiskey he had found at the wall. It had taken the Doctor quite a while to fall asleep, and by the time he finally had, his dreams were not pleasant ones. To say the least. Carlisle had tried to drown his sorrow in liquor, but of course, the bottle wouldn't even open. "I just want it to be over." Carlisle muttered as he began to sob.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 5:45 pm

Syrien, Rein

Syrien did as ordered and knelt down to try and keep the Heir in place.

"W-What are you doing?" Rein asked with confusion and fright as she saw Brighe carve the elvish image into Kegan.

-------

https://newworldsrp.rpg-board.net/viewtopic.forum?t=261
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 40 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Succession: Heir to the Empire
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40