New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender

Go down 
+2
Oblivion
Magus1108
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 7:08 pm

Lien

Lien listened to this Mauru explain, and was stunned by her answer. "I'm in the Spirit World," she asked. "I thought only the Avatar could come here, since he's the bridge between our worlds." She took a moment to breathe in and said, "yes, please explain."

(I'm assuming this is common knowledge to at least the Avatar's supporters.)
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 7:20 pm

((Yep, it is.))

Mauru

"You have a special destiny about you, Lien. But first, an explanation of the events leading up to your destiny is needed. For over a thousand years, your world has been out of balance. The Air Nomads have long been extinct, most of the Fire Empire homeland has been destroyed, the Water Tribes have been reduced to becoming pirates and mercenaries, and the Earth Kingdom has been divided by three equally evil powers who want nothing more than to rule the world. It has been ages since proper balance held your world together. Even the Avatar hasn't been able to withstand all this corruption. As it stands, your world is on the verge of slipping into the abyss, and never coming back."

Mauru paused again, but quickly continued. "But you, Lien...it is your destiny to change everything."
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 7:24 pm

Lien

"My destiny," Lien asked, confusion apparent on her face. "But... what could I do? I'm just a normal girl. Surely the Avatar can win this war and unite the people of this world again, restore balance." She obviously didn't understand how he was corrupted.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 7:41 pm

Mauru

Mauru shook her head and gave a sad sigh. "The Avatar you know is evil and corrupt. He has let the world around him influence him, and has become nothing more than a power-hungry dictator. He claims to be restoring the balance, but he is going about it the wrong way."

Mauru walked over to Lien and placed a finger on her forehead. A vision came into Lien's mind. The Avatar's army was marching through a burning city. Innocent men, women, and children were being slaughtered by the Avatar's soldiers. No buildings within the city were left untouched by the firebenders within the army. A brief image of the Avatar himself showed up, killing enemy soldiers around him with his powerful bending. Even when they surrendered and begged for mercy, the Avatar still fought and eliminated them.

The horrible vision was ended abruptly as Mauru took her hand away from Lien. "That is what the Avatar truly is. He has become a shell of his former self. He is nothing more than a monster now."
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Lien

"But, that can't be the man I've believed in," Lien said, horror on her face. "The Avatar, he always seemed so noble and right. I don't understand." She wanted the spirit to be lying, to admit she was wrong and the Avatar was a good man. But she knew, deep down, that she was right.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 7:58 pm

Mauru

"Your father has filled your head with lies, child. I am sorry to say that, but it is true. Your father was once a soldier in the Avatar's army, and was sent to live in the Earth Kingdom to convert the local population to the Avatar's side. He truly does believe what he says, but even if you believe them, lies are still lies." Mauru replied.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 8:10 pm

Lien

Lien wanted to defend her father, and what she'd believed in for so long, but couldn't find the words. "What's this have to do with me then," she asked, deciding that whether or not she believed what the spirit said, she wanted to find out why she was here in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 8:22 pm

Mauru

"This world needs a new savior. A new Avatar. You have been chosen for that destiny, Lien. You have been blessed with the forgotten art of spiritbending. Your destiny is to eventually confront the Avatar, purify the Avatar Spirit, and absorb it into your own being, thus becoming the new Avatar. It is our that, once this is accomplished, your world can begin on the long road to recovering." Mauru said.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 8:26 pm

Lien

"What," Lien nearly shouted. "You want me to face the Avatar, purify the Avatar Spirit, and absorb it? Do you realize what your asking is impossible? I don't know what you're talking about, but I can't do any of that!"
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 8:34 pm

Mauru

"You will not be alone, Lien." Mauru said. "You will have many companions to help you during your journey. I myself will guide you in the art of spiritbending, and give you needed advice during your journey. When you do face the Avatar, you will be ready. Trust me on that matter, Lien. You already have a few of your future companions with you, and more will come to you. When you face the Avatar's armies, you shall be ready and have the help of many people."
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 8:41 pm

Lien

"But why me," Lien asked. "I'm no one special. You'd be better off if you had that guy face the Avatar. Even if you trained me in that spiritbending thing, and I had help, I will never be strong enough to face the Avatar. He's too powerful, and I would have to betray my family."
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 8:52 pm

Mauru

"Not your entire family, Lien. Your younger sister will be joining you on your journeys, in fact. And your eldest sister and your father will see the error of their ways, eventually. As for Nikon...he cannot do this. He has a different destiny in store for him. But you Lien, you were chosen for this. I myself chose you, out of all the other candidates in your world. I believe that you can do this, Lien. You are the one who can finally bring back the balance to your fallen world."

Mauru stopped and waited for her to reply. It was going to be hard, training this girl to be this world's savior, but the spirit knew that Lien could do what even the Avatar had failed to do.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 9:05 pm

Lien

"I still don't understand what makes me different, what makes you think I can do this," Lien said. "There isn't anything special about me." She couldn't bring herself to believe that she alone in the world was the one chosen by the spirits to take the Avatar's place.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 9:18 pm

Mauru

"You are one of the few people in this world that possess a pure, unmarked spirit. That alone makes you worthy enough to take on this journey. The spirits knew we had to choose someone who would not become corrupted by the power they'd eventually wield, and you were one of the only people in existence who would not become twisted by the power. Those are just a few reasons you were chosen." Mauru replied in a gentle tone.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 9:29 pm

Lien

Lien processed what she said, and finally nodded. "What do you want me to do? I don't know where to start," she said, feeling lost in this new information and this monumental task.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 9:38 pm

Mauru

"Nikon will help you on the beginning of your journey. For now, you must pack up your things, gather your companions, and leave your village. From there, I shall guide you. I..." Mauru trailed off. After a moment she continued.

"Our time has drawn to a close, I'm afraid. Goodbye, for now, Lien. I wish you luck."

Mauru and the swamp disappeared, replaced by Nikon and the scenery of her village. His eyes became normal once again, and he took her hand off of her shoulder.

"I am...sorry if I caused you any discomfort. Are you alright?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 9:50 pm

Lien

"I'm not sure," Lien said, rubbing her eyes as she found herself back home. "You're Nikon, right? Did that really just happen? Did I really talk to some spirit or have I just lost my mind?"
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 9:54 pm

Nikon

"That did indeed happen, Lien. I presume Mauru explained everything to you, since you know my name. Do you...understand it all?" Nikon asked carefully.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 10:03 pm

Lien

"...Yes, I understand what Mauru told me," Lien said. "I just don't know if I accept it. She basically told me that everything I believe is a lie and my father is a liar. And that I'm supposed to become the new Avatar with Spiritbending, which I don't even know what that is, because my soul is pure." She looked at him, eyes focused on his.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 10:24 pm

Nikon

"I see. Well, it can be a lot to take in for a girl as young as you are. I can take you home, if you wish, and let you think about what you've learned for the rest of the day." Nikon offered, extending his hand to Lien.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 10:31 pm

Lien

"What about tomorrow," Lien asked, taking his hand. "She wanted me to leave quickly, but I thought I might have a couple of days." I'm not sure I will go or not, but I don't want to mention that around this guy right now, she said.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 10:49 pm

Nikon

"You may take as much time as you need, Lien. If you have any more questions, Mauru and I would be happy to answer them." Nikon replied.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 11:02 pm

Lien

Lien nodded, and said, "I just need time to sort this all out." She then looked at her surroundings and saw it was getting late. "Oh no, I was supposed to be home by now!"
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 11:39 pm

Nikon

"You can tell your father you fell asleep under the tree. I'm sure he'd believe that. Are you ready to go?" Nikon inquired. He glanced down to his covered sword and took it off, placing it on the ground after a moment.

"No need to make any bad impressions on your father," Nikon explained.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 11:46 pm

Lien

"That probably won't make him any less angry," Lien said, but nodded. "I'm ready, let's go. You don't happen to know where I live by any chance, do you?" She was still a little creeped out and wasn't sure how much this man knew about her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next