New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender

Go down 
+2
Oblivion
Magus1108
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

Location : 'ow's I suppost ta know? Now get back ta work, ya miserable grot!

Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 9:58 am

Ai-Shi

"I found something!" Ai-Shi called out as her green eyes roved over the charred parchments. The Lieutenant, having been inspecting another part of the burned-out shack, quickly approaching the General. From over a shoulder, her gray eyes observed the discovery. There were three parchments in all, the top-most nearly entirely intact, if completely charred, as the other two were starting to crumble at the edges.

"The rest," Ai-Shi pointed to the ground, "are ashes." "Maybe someone back at the Fire Empire capitol can help?" Ai-Shi nodded at the thought, "Possibly, but we have more pressing matters to attend to."

Last edited by Warboss_Spriggs on Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 10:04 am

Mei nodded and looked at Lien.

"Should we go back home and get our things?"
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 11:38 am

Hsiao

"I'll go pack my things and get my grandfather's permission to go. Hopefully I'll be able to...persuade him." Hsiao said a little nervously as he left the room.

NPC

"Ma'am!" a Fire Empire soldier cried out as he ran over to the General. "We just received new orders from the Fire Lord himself! We've been ordered to head back to the capital now."

The soldier handed her the letter in question so Ai-Shi could read it herself.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 11:49 am

Lien

"Yes, Mei. I don't know how I'm going to face father, but I know he won't want either of us to go," Lien said. She left the house with her sister, worrying about her father's reaction to... everything.
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 12:47 pm

Ai-Shi

Ai-Shi took the scroll slowly, letting the soldier's words sink in. Hands shaking, she slowly unrolled the parchment. It's gold-leaf embroidery and the Fire Lord's seal, the mark of the Phoenix King, was proof enough of the validity. Her bright green eyes roamed the text, picking up fragments, "matter of great importance," and "are to withdraw immediately,"

She rolled up the scroll and handed it to her Lieutenant, "Very well then. Assemble the troops...we're...going home." She begrudgingly uttered the last part, slowly making her way to the tanks and eel hounds. "You heard her! Everyone pack up, and move out! We're heading back to the ships!" Yelled the Lieutenant, mounting her own eel hound.

As Ai-Shi prepared to mount the tank, she felt a tug on her uniform. Looking down, her green met soft, liquid-brown, a soft blush brushing her cheeks. As the Fire Empire General gave the girl her full attention, she held up a small collection of purple flowers. Accepting them, she knelt down, gently embracing the girl, breathing in the soft scent of Lilacs. Breaking away, she left a chaste kiss upon the girl's cheek, which darkened instantly.

"I thank you greatly, for you help here," said a frail elderly man approaching. Leaning on his walking stick, he reached inside his shirt and pulled out something. "I don't have much to offer you..." Obscured in his hand, he reached out and offered it to the green-eyed woman. She turned the piece over in her hand, it was a Pai-Sho tile...the Lotus tile.

"Thank you, very much," the elder merely shook his head, "No, thank you. That piece has always brought me good luck. I've lived a long life, and a good one, and I want you to have it. May it be as kind to you, as it has been to me."

As the elder turned, his bushy beard revealed a bright smile, and he left. Brushing her fingers through the girl's hair, she said her goodbyes and hopped onto the tank, giving the town a once-over before closing the hatch behind her.

Last edited by Warboss_Spriggs on Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 1:01 pm

Mei nodded, though she didn't completely understand the situation. But she had a feeling leaving was not going to be easy.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 1:42 pm

General Narrative

When Lien and Mei arrived at their house, they saw no trace of their father. All of his things were packed up and gone, and the family's ostrich-horse was gone too. However, it did not take Lien long to find a letter written by their father in his bedroom. The letter itself bore a simple message,

I have failed the both of you, Lien and Mei. Take care of your sister, Lien. Goodbye.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 3:20 pm

Mei looked over Lien's shoulder trying to read the note. Since she was shorter than her sister it was hard.

"What does it say?"
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 3:24 pm

Lien

Lien silently read the letter, tears forming on the edges of her eyes, ready to drop. "He says he failed us," she said, not understanding. How could he just leave, with no explanation other than this, and with a note? She pushed the note into Mei's hands, and sat down on the bed, face in her hands.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 3:35 pm

Mei read the note, getting more and more confused. She looked at her sister and frowned. She sat next to her and hugged Lien.

"It's ok Lien. We...we will be ok."
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 3:55 pm

Lien

Lien hugged her sister, calming down some. "I never expected this. I always thought he'd be here, whether or not I did the right thing or the wrong. But he's just left, he didn't even want to see me after that happened," she said, voice shaking.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 4:09 pm

"But he doesn't blame you," Mei pointed out. "The note made it sound like he was to blame for what happen."

Mei wasn't sure what to say. She wanted her sister to be happy. "Maybe we can find him and get him to join us. Make him see we still love him."
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 4:40 pm

Lien

Lien pulled out of their hug and stood up. "No, let him do what he wants. I don't care, he can go off and do whatever," she said with anger in her voice. "Let's get packed, we shouldn't keep Nikon and Hsiao waiting." She then left the room to gather up her possessions.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 4:47 pm

Mei watched her sister go and looked at the note. She then folded it and placed it in her pocket. Lien may have given up on him, but Mei wasn't.

She then followed her sister to get her things.
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 9:20 am

Ai-Shi

The trip was long, and rough, especially on her back. Many times she was tempted to have the tank pull over so she could ride with her Lieutenant and get some fresh air. However, there was a tight schedule, so to say, and the designated rest stops were hectic enough. Holding up the charred parchment, she feel the tank slow to a jarring halt.

She carefully tucked away the parchment with the other two, and opened the hatch, greeted right away by the sight of an awaiting airship. "General Ai-Shi," she turned her head to a Fire Empire soldier saluting her, "Fire Lord Azun himself has provided an means of transportation back to the capitol. If you would please follow me." he gestured toward the monstrous piece of Fire Empire technology.

As she dismounted the tank and walked calmly to the awaiting airship. She had seen one before, several times, but this was the first time she had ever been on one. To say she was excited, was a far-cry from an under statement. Her Lieutenant quietly joined the walk, Ai-Shi noticing something that made her stop, "You're not wearing your helmet," She noted, observing the shoulder-length charcoal hair, tied back, a few stray hairs framing her elegant face, cheeks flaring in a blush beneath her shimmering gray eyes.

"Well, technically I'm off duty, so I thought..." She shrugged, trailing off with embarrassment. "You look beautiful, Lieutenant." Said Ai-Shi, clearly having a hard time looking away. The Lieutenant flushed, "Thank you, General. You've always been so kind to me." She looked around warily, everyone busy packing up and moving equipment to the ships, even the soldier leading Ai-Shi to the airship hadn't noticed they stopped following.

Seeing that no one was paying them any mind, the Lieutenant swept in quickly, planting a gentle kiss on the corner of her mouth. "Well, I guess I should get going." said the Lieutenant brightly, as Ai-Shi merely nodded, too stunned to speak. "Have a safe trip," she finally said as she turned to head to the ships. "You too," she said, looking back, and continued walking, aura of joy flowing from her.

Ai-Shi headed toward the airship with a slight air of dread about her, mumbling grimly to herself, "By Agni, this is not good, this is really not good."
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 10:58 pm

Hsiao

"You two ready now?" Hsiao asked after Mei and Lien returned.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 11:03 pm

Lien

"Yes," Lien replied, carrying more an air of confidence and determination than she had before. She had been able to come to terms with what was asked of her, in light of her father's disappearance, as though that were the justification she needed to oppose the Avatar.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 3:38 pm

(Sry about not being on, but I have good reasons as yu can see by my sig (on a friend's computer atm).)

Mei nodded at Hsiao, already excited for the adventure that awaited them. She didn't really show it so that she wouldn't get too annoying.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 7:06 am

Hsiao, Nikon

"Great. I already got permission from my grandfather." Hsiao replied. Nikon nodded at the three as he entered back into the house.

"Good. I have arranged transportation for us all now. Please, follow me." Nikon said, and walked back out of the house.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 11:18 pm

Lien

Lien nodded and followed, hoping that this was the right thing to do. It felt right, but since when had her feelings been right? She had felt once that Mei was in trouble, and after stirring up people to look for her, found her at home doing her chores. This could turn out worse, she might just get everyone killed by the Avatar or the New Earth Kindgom.
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 2:35 pm

Ai-Shi set her armor on the rack in her small quarters aboard the airship, somewhat lost in thought. She was never one to lose control of a situation like that, but her Lieutenant snatched it from her easily. Ai-Shi always made the first move, but this complicated things. Things were unpredictable and could easily come back to bite her.

Switching gears, as the potential consequences of the earlier kiss were beginning to give her a headache, she pondered the possibility of the message she had received. What could be so urgent that she should withdraw from her mission so soon? And what of that burnt parchment?

Ai-Shi sat down on the edge of her bed, scratching her head in frustration. The airship had departed less than an hour ago, and dinner would be in thirty minutes. Taking a deep breath, she stood up, "Plenty of time to go through some forms." she muttered, taking a stance and working through her firebending forms.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 12:36 pm

(Hey good news! I shall use the libraries computer until I get mine back, so I should be on more. But not for a long time)

"Hey Lien aren't you excited," Mei asked, still excited for their journey. This was going to be a totally new experience and she was looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 1:03 pm

Lien

"Right now, I'm a lot of things Mei," Lien replied, "and I don't know which one is strongest." Her mixed emotions led to her stuffing them down, not showing any, and aside from nerves showing in her voice, she looked strangely calm.
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 10:06 am

Ai-Shi stirred gently, her green eye slowly opening. She wasn't sure when she had fallen to sleep, but she was vaguely aware of the light rapping on her door. Sitting up and sliding her legs over the edge of her cot, she stretched, the sound of popping joints echoed softly as she sighed in relief.

"What is it?" she called out rather sternly. The person on the other side audibly hesitated before answering, "Ma'am, you've been asleep for three hours. I have tried several times to awaken you. Please forgive me."

Ai-Shi massaged forehead, standing up to open the door, "So I've missed dinner then?" The timid man shrugged, "You've missed the standard time, yes; however, you food is being kept heated. If you would, please, follow me." He steadily waked down the corridor.

((Is it me or is everyone kindly...fading away?))
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 3:44 pm

((I had wanted this RP to fade away quietly, but I'll go ahead and state it. I've lost the inspiration to continue this RP, which doesn't surprise me much, since I've become over involved in making and posting in a majority of the RPs on this site. Some have had to be sacrificed, and this was one of them. Sorry. So basically this RP will not be continued. Unless someone wants to take over as manager of this RP, which I would have no problems with.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7