New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender

Go down 
+2
Oblivion
Magus1108
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender Empty
PostSubject: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 4:53 pm

One thousand years have passed since the end of the Fire Nation's conquest of the world. Despite the best efforts of Avatar Aang and his companions, they were not enough to stop the mighty power that was the Fire Nation. In the end, the Avatar was struck down by Ozai, who proceeded, to 'unite' the entire world under the Fire Nation's banner. For the next three hundred years, the Fire Empire reigned gloriously. Even at the height of its power, though, the Empire was still plagued by the ever-constant threat of the current Avatar, and the rebel forces he led. With Sozin's Comet returning once again, the Fire Lord was prepared to use its power to wipe out all traces of the rebellion against him, and capture the Avatar. But fate...had a different plan in mind.

For reasons that are still unknown, Sozin's Comet veered off course...and struck the center of the Fire Empire capital. In one brief moment, the Fire Empire's house of Power was destroyed, and the rest of the Fire Empire Mainland was swept up in the great tidal waves that followed. With the sudden loss of their Homeland, the Fire Empire forces within what was once the Earth Kingdom were thrown into chaos and anarchy. The generals, governors, and admirals still alive waged battle against another to fight for the right to become the new Fire Lord, creating a civil war in the process, and further throwing what remained of their Empire into ruin.

The rebels, led by the Avatar, used this change and soon took over half of the Earth Kingdom. However, just before the Avatar could succeed in completely freeing the Earth Kingdom, he was betrayed by one of his own men, who wanted power for himself. The Avatar was killed, causing infighting within the rebel movement. By this time what remained of the Fire Empire rallied behind an admiral who managed to bring about a temporary peace amongst the fighting warlords, and stopped the rebel's advance. The two powers controlling the Earth Kingdom soon reached a stalemate, and struck an uneasy peace, as both sides started to pick up the pieces that were left from the crashing of the Comet.

Seven hundred years have passed since then. The world, in its current state, is now far more worse off than it ever was under the Fire Empire's rule. Poverty, disease, death, and war are all too common now. What remains of the Fire Empire still claims portions of the Earth Kingdom as its own, as well as what remains of their former Homeland. The rebels once led by the Avatar still exist, but they have long lost sight of their original goal. They now rule what they've dubbed the 'New Earth Kingdom'. While they claim to be better than the firebenders, the rebels rule their fellow countrymen under a harsh dictatorship, with the self-proclaimed 'Earth Emperor' as their master. Those who still cling to the Water Tribes have been reduced to becoming bandits, mercenaries, and pirates. They will do whatever it takes to ensure the survival of the Tribe. They have now become soldiers for hire that each empire uses to their own benefit. While waterbenders still exist in both tribes, they have become a rarity now, and very few waterbenders stay in their tribes after mastering their powers. The Air Nomads are still extinct, and have been for a very long time. While there are children born with the ability to airbend, they have no one to teach them, and thus, they will never be able to master their art.

But perhaps the worst of all the fallen is the Avatar. Somewhere down the line, the Avatar Spirit became corrupt. Each Avatar that came into this world started to become more and more influenced by the evil around them. Now, the new and current Avatar has started an empire of his own. This Avatar has mastered nearly all the elements, but instead of trying to restore the balance, he has started a conquest of his own, so the world can be united under true 'balance' and 'justice'. But his words ring hollow, as it has become clear that this Avatar wants nothing more than absolute power. His newly arisen faction has disturbed what little peace that remained between the Fire Empire and the New Earth Kingdom, and thus all three kingdoms have been plunged into war over control over the continent.

All hope has been lost. Even the last savior and hope of this planet has become corrupted by the darkness around him. At this point in time, it seems as if this world's Dark Age will never end.

But the Avatars of the past and several Spirits of the Spirit World have not yet given up. They still want to see true balance and peace brought back to this fallen world. And so, they devise a plan.

As a new child is born into the world, the Spirits bless her with the ability of spiritbending. It is a long forgotten art, but it is the hope of the Spirits and Avatars that, with their guidance, they can teach the girl to master her powers, and use her to purify the Avatar Spirit, and become the new Avatar herself. Once that is done, it is there hope that she can finally bring back the light into a world long covered with darkness.

That child is now fifteen years old. She lives a simple, quiet life with her guardians and friends, inside a relatively peaceful village within the New Earth Kingdom. So far, her childhood has been a good one. But, unbeknownst to her and the people around her, events have been set into motion that will forever change her life, and set her onto her destiny. Her destiny to save this world, once and for all...

---------------------------------------

Rules:

1: No Mary Sues or God modding allowed. Period.
2: This RP is rated T-M. Just so you know.
3: You may have as many characters as you desire, so long as you can handle them. However, you may only take two of the needed characters. That could be changed in the future.
4: Please keep any romance that occurs to the T rating. Same goes for violence.
5: If you have any questions, please PM me.
6: Please have 3-5 sentences per post.
7: Proper grammar and spelling is needed.
8: I have a right to edit these rules at any time.
9: Have fun!
10: Put, “This is the Ultimate Showdown, of Ultimate Destiny,” to show you've read the rules.
11: Just to be clear, the Spiritbender is the only one who can be a spiritbender.

NEEDED CHARACTERS:

Spiritbender (female): MST
Childhood friend (male): Oblivion
Deserter (male): Magus1108
Hippie (female): Toko
Spiritbender's Guardian (either): Magus1108
Evil Avatar: Magus1108
Water Tribe Mercenary (Male): AI
Villains (Any of those who are interested in making a villian, please contact me):

CHARACTER SHEET:

Username:
Name:
Bender:
Appearance:
Personality:
History:
Other:

Here is a map showing who has what:

Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender Spirit13

Last edited by Magus1108 on Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:12 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Oblivion

Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 5:04 pm

Man, this is interesting. Can I reserve a spot for the childhood friend?

This is the Ultimate Showdown, of Ultimate Destiny

Last edited by Oblivion on Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://thisisanawesomeurl.tumblr.com
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 5:23 pm

Sure. Reserve noted.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 5:36 pm

If I could, I'd like to try my hand as the spiritbender.

This is the Ultimate Showdown, of Ultimate Destiny.

Username: manysidestome
Name: Lien Chao
Bender: Yes, Spiritbender
Appearance: Lien has dark brown hair that flows to her mid back, if let down. She generally wears earthy colors, dark green shirt and light brown pants or a skirt. She is about average height and somewhat tanned skin. Her left eye is gray, and her right eye is blue, and she has a kind face.
Personality: Lien is gentle, and doesn't like confrontation. She isn't quite independent and relies on her father to help make her decisions, those that are up to her to make. She is obedient and does what she is told, and when she has time to herself she is usually found outside, under a tree more often than not, enjoying peace and quiet. If one can make her a friend, she will not betray them. She keeps all secrets, for better or worse, and will do anything for them.
History: Lien doesn't remember her mother that much. She was born the middle child of three, and lives a fairly good life in the New Earth Kingdom. Her father practices the teachings of the Avatar, and as such she has followed him in this. She doesn't really feel it in her heart, but there is little other choice but to follow her father, or so she thinks. She has some friends in her village, but she's not the most social person and prefers to spend some time alone. She's not very close to her father, though she follows his example, and doesn't spend much time with her older sister.
Other: Lien is bisexual.

Username: manysidestome
Name: Lee Marro
Bender: Yes; Fire
Appearance: He has black hair that can be described as mop-headed, not too long or short. He is shaven and has golden eyes, with a warrior's physique. He stands somewhat shorter than other men.
Personality: Lee struggles to prove himself more capable to his superiors. More capable than those in front of him, his allies, enemies, everyone except who he tries to impress. His height is a sore spot with him, but usually a well-seen tongue piercing has led most to neglect it as a conversation point. He is amoral to a great degree, not bothered with honor and whatnot. All that matters is victory, no matter the price, and he has always been the victor.
History: Lee betrayed his family in the Fire Empire to join the Avatar's army. He tried to convince them, to bring them with him, but when they all stood against him, even his younger siblings, he snapped. He never was the same after killing them, but this was war, and he knew there were sacrafices to be made. His morals left him, he would torture anyone, kill anyone, even children, if he had to, all in the name of his leader. It's hard to say when he became a high-ranked commander under Sato, after tales of his feats in battle spread, he was recognized for his brilliance as well as his insanity.
Other: He loves the sound of screaming.

Last edited by manysidestome on Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:00 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 5:37 pm

This is the Ultimate Showdown, of Ultimate Destiny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Username: TokoToTheEnd
Name: Mei Chao
Bender: Yes, Earth
Appearance: https://media.photobucket.com/image/earthbender/Eikiji/earthbender.jpg
Personality: Mei is carefree girl, always looking for a good time. She can be stubborn at times and is a bit of an airhead, not really paying attention to things. She is not the brightest person around, but she stands up for what she believes in. Doesn't let much get to her.
History: Mei was born as the youngest of three. She lived a fairly average childhood in the New Earth Kingdom. She didn't really pay attention to most of the troubles going on, though she knew about them. Mei focused instead on her studies and on playing with her friends. She loved to read stories about the past as well, secretly hoping to go on an adventure someday.
Other: She also uses a slingshot

Name: Rao Sitfu
Bender: Yes, fire
Appearance: http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=firebender&order=9&offset=24#/dnpqxr
Personality: Bitter is usually the word people use to describe Rao. He is a pessimist about almost everything. He can be nice if he wants to, but mainly he is sarcastic and dismissive. He is a sharp boy though and likes to think before he acts.
History: Rao was born as an only child in the Fire Nation. He is somewhat of noble class and his parents want to use that to help benefit themselves. From a young age he was trained by an outside source how to firebend since his parents could not. He has been wanting to prove himself for a while now. He is not too concern with the conflicts going on, but is loyal to his country.
Other:

Name: Panda Lily
Bender: No
Appearance: https://media.photobucket.com/image/anime%20gypsy/Inari_Sushi/Anime%20Girls/gypsy.jpg
Personality: Panda is a very mellow girl and funloving. She is ditzy and forgetful, but very kind and caring. She seems to be constantly high and so acts out there at times. She loves a good story and is very nature loving as well. Panda is a pacifist and refuses to resort to violence.
History: Panda was born to two hippie parents, named after the flower that brought them together. They taught her how to live a simple life and Panda took their words to heart, growing up traveling around the New Earth Kingdom. At the age of sixteen she left to travel on her own and eventually joined another band of three hippies. They taught her how to play guitar and the flute.
Other:

Last edited by TokoToTheEnd on Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:29 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 5:38 pm

Doubleposting but mstm who should get her? You posted first, but I did her character sheet.

Last edited by TokoToTheEnd on Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 5:42 pm

Sorry Toko, but your character cannot spiritbend. I made that clear in the rules. Unless you wanted the spiritbender. Than sorry, but MST already took her.

Oh, and reserve noted, MST.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 5:43 pm

But I wrote her before mstm reversed her......fine I'll change her.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 5:44 pm

Well, hm...MST did post first, and did claim her first. Perhaps your character could be a sibling of the spiritbender's, Toko?

Edit: Sorry for all the trouble. I didn't quite expect that to happen. I should make sure something like that doesn't occur in future RPs.
Back to top Go down
Oblivion

Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 5:45 pm

Oops, forgot to put the phrase in. XP
Back to top Go down
http://thisisanawesomeurl.tumblr.com
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 5:46 pm

It doesn't matter. Either you put in the phrase when reserving the character, or when you make the character sheet.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 5:47 pm

*takes a calm breathe*

It's ok Magus. I'm upset, but I'll deal. I wasn't even sure I wanted her in the first place. That will teach me to post I claimed someone before writing them out. XD If I make her the spiritbender's sister would I have to change her age?

And does the Hippie need anything specific?
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 5:51 pm

I did observe how far apart your posts were, and it was pretty close. Had MST been a few seconds slow, or you faster, then you might have gotten the part. Funny how these things work, ne?

Glad to hear that, Toko. Yeah, you'd have to change her age by a year or two. Older or younger would be your choice. As for the Hippie, she pretty much needs to act a little like what that Chong guy and his band of hippies were like. I think that was his name. She should be a little ditzy, and act a little crazy at times. Funny crazy, not bad crazy, just to be clear. If there are any other questions, please PM me.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 6:26 pm

I'm done
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 6:30 pm

All three are accepted, Toko.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 9:09 pm

I claim the mercenary. “This is the Ultimate Showdown, of Ultimate Destiny”.

Username: almostinsane99
Name:Kuruk Mauja
Bender: Yes
Appearance: Kuruk is dressed in traditional blue Water Tribe clothing, though he usually keeps his coat in a pack. He has his black hair tied back in a wolf-tail and has deep blue eyes as well as olive, Water Tribe skin. Upon his back, he carries a large gourd of water.
Personality: Kuruk is a man of the world. Thus said, he knows how messed up the world is and lives accordingly. His main motivation for fighting is gold and, of course, survival. Despite thinking of himself most of the time, there are things that Kuruk won't do such as killing children.
History: Kuruk was born in a Southern Water Tribe base and since birth, he has been trained to fight. The Water Tribes, after all, cannot sustain themselves through fishing and trading anymore, causing most males to seek jobs as mercenaries. At a young age, Kuruk discovered that he was a waterbender, much to the amazement of the Tribe. His father, a mercenary that often traveled throughout the Earth Kingdom, managed to acquire a rare waterbending scroll and even found a teacher for him. When he was 12, Kuruk joined the same mercenary band as his father and teacher. For awhile, he was happy, but his father was killed on a mission, upsetting Kuruk greatly. After learning all he could from his teacher, Kuruk returned to his tribe to think and find a way to help his people.
Other: Kuruk travels upon an ostrich-horse.

Last edited by almostinsane99 on Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:35 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 9:23 pm

Noted, AI. And accepted, MST.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 10:01 pm

My profile's up now. Smile
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 10:07 pm

Two things. One, Kuruk still has to be with...yeah, still has to be with the Tribe. Secondly, you say he isn't a bender in the 'bender' option, but you also say he is in his profile. Otherwise, accepted.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 11:09 am

Fixed it, Magus.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 11:20 am

It's fine now, then.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 3:27 pm

Username: almostinsane99
Name: Jun Fe
Bender: Yes
Appearance: http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs23/i/2007/329/5/0/toph_grown_up_by_jelly6baby.jpg
Personality: Fierce and independent, Jun is a strong woman. She demands nothing short of perfection from her troops but in return, she does her utmost best to make sure no one in her unit dies.
History: Born in a small New Earth Kingdom town, Jun grew up a normal girl, though a bit on the tomboyish side. Unfortunately, when she was 13, her town was burned down in a Fire Empire raid, causing her to flee with her family and the other villages to the New Earth Kingdom capital. There, when she grew older, Jun joined the army. After many successful missions, Jun Fe rose in the ranks and eventually became the Commander of an elite unit which pleased her immensely. After a couple years of training with them and skirmishing with both the Fire Empire and even some of the Avatar's followers, there is nowhere else she'd rather be.
Other:
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 3:42 pm

Accepted.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 6:13 pm

Here are my characters. By the way, I believe I won't be making a profile for the spiritbender's father, since he'll be a minor character, and won't be featured all that much after the 'pilot' episode.

Username: Magus1108
Name: Nikon
Appearance: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=Kenshin#/d77shc
Personality: Nikon is a good person, even if he doesn’t seem like it at times. He has the best interests of those around him at heart, and strives to do the best he can everyday. Nikon does have a more sorrowful side to him, and is even depressed at times, but he tries to hide it when those moments of weakness surface. Nikon regrets the many things he has done in the past, and continues to do whatever he can to redeem himself for his past actions.
History: Nikon was once a soldier under the command of the Avatar. Under the Avatar’s command, Nikon became a famous warrior, known throughout the battlefield as the ‘Crimson Warrior’. Nikon had a high status among the Avatar’s hand-picked elite, but he gave it all away without warning. Nikon suddenly denounced the Avatar, and left his army. A few years later Nikon had a near death experience, and only continued to live via the power of a spirit, named Mauru. She granted him life once again; under the condition he would help her guide the spiritbender when the time was right. He agreed.

Several years have passed since this event. Now that the spiritbender is of age, Mauru has sent Nikon to her village to reveal her true destiny to her, and help her on her quest to defeat the Avatar.
Other:

Name: Sato
Appearance: http://www.mangantes.net/modules/reviews/23/images/monster9.jpg
Personality: Sato is a fierce warrior. He is cold and ruthless in combat, and will not hesitate to kill anyone who gets in his way. However, Sato does have a sense of honor about him. He will not attack unarmed enemies or innocent civilians. Sato also condones acts of unnecessary violence and considers them disgraceful to what the Avatar and his army fights for. Sato can also be a kind person, at times, and sometimes even shows mercy to his enemies.
History: Sato is one of the Avatar’s most trusted men, and one of the greatest fighters in the Avatar’s Empire. Little is known about Sato, other than his extreme devotion to the Avatar. Sato’s current assignment is to track down and kill the traitor known as Nikon, and kill anyone who gets in his way.
Other:

Name: Mauru
Bender: Unknown
Appearance: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:MonMothma2.jpg
Personality: Mauru is a kind and gentle person, and cares deeply for the spiritbender and the rest of her world’s inhabitants. She acts a bit mysterious at times, and will do her best to ensure the spiritbender’s survival.
History: Much of Mauru’s history is unknown. She is one of the oldest spirits in the Spirit Realm, and wields a high amount of authority among her fellows. She is one of the most respected spirits in her Realm, and supposedly one of the most powerful. Mauru is one of many leading figures supporting the spiritbender’s cause.
Other:

Last edited by Magus1108 on Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 8:13 pm

I have now put up a map in the first post, showing what empire has what territory. Just so you all know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender   Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Avatar: Legend of the Spiritbender
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next