New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Of Blood and Justice

Go down 
+5
beast93boy
Alec
skybaby
TokoToTheEnd
almostinsane99
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

Of Blood and Justice Empty
PostSubject: Of Blood and Justice   Of Blood and Justice I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 6:43 pm

There are hundreds, no, thousands of comic books about extraordinary men and women gaining magical or superpowers and combating crime. Of course, no one has ever tried that in real life. There is no such thing as super-powers and anyone that tried half the stunts pulled in comic books would most likely end up dead. No one in their right mind would actually try to be a superhero, right?

Wrong, actually. A wacko, "the Avenger". actually tried it in Chicago, catching the attention of the whole world for a full year. Of course, he eventually ended up dead, littered with bullets in at the top of the Sears Tower. The world's first "superhero" was dead.

That did not stop the idea from spreading, however. The media had a field day with the so-called hero and, naturally, there were copycats. People began dressing in costumes fighting for Truth, Justice, and the (insert country here) Way. Of course, this is reality.

There are no superpowers. Thus, these aspiring "heroes" need to find alternative ways to incapacitate criminals, whether they use non-violent methods such as stun-guns or stun-darts or just stick to guns. Thus, some are noble heroes while others are amoral vigilantes. But what of the criminals? They have gotten much more dangerous, some deciding to adopt secret identities themselves. After all, you can't be convicted if no one identifies you and there were always supervillains in the comics.

San Vicio, California is a large city by the ocean with a powerful industry and a diverse population. As masked vigilantes and masked criminals appear here at last, how shall it be affected?

Rules

1. This will be rated M, but standard forum rules apply.
2. NO SUPERPOWERS- I am sorry, but this is a realistic roleplay.
3. Pleas write at least 2-3 sentences per post.
4. No god-modding.
5. No Mary Sues.
6. The city is fictional and on the coast so it's pretty flexible, environment-wise.

Character Profile

Name:
Disguise?:
Alignment: (see http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CharacterAlignment)
Personality:
History:
Equipment:
Other:
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Of Blood and Justice   Of Blood and Justice I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 8:48 pm

Name: Joshua Dickens
Alias: The Wolf
Normal Appearance: Joshua is a Caucasian male with pale skin and normally dresses in T-shirts and jeans. His hair is long and untidy, except when he ties it up for when he goes in disguise.
Disguise: http://images1.fanpop.com/images/photos/1700000/Anbu-Itachi-Wallpaper-itachi-uchiha-1711255-1280-1024.jpg
Alignment: Neutral Good
Personality: Joshua is a generally peaceful person if a bit withdrawn and cynical. He is, however, a loyal friend. He has his own moral compass that generally revolves around his perception of good. He is a bit of a comic book and anime nerd, though he doesn't spaz out about it. Comics/Manga and anime do inspire him, though.
History: Joshua isn't a native of San Vicio. Instead, he grew in a medium-sized town in Pennsylvania. His parents were both shopkeepers and he had a generally happy life up until he was 15. His house had sprung a gas leak and his father was a smoker and, thus, when Joshua was visiting a friend.
Understandably, he was devastated by this news and fell into a small depression where he adopted a more cynical view of the world as he was moved to a foster home for three years. As he continued to attend High School, he took an interest in Kendo and visting shooting ranges, more as an outlet for his grief than anything. When he finished High School, Joshua received an artist's scholarship to an university in San Vicio. He was disgusted by the crime and corruption of the city, but didn't think he could do anything. When "the Avenger" appeared in the news, he took a strong interest in him and when the hero died and other vigilantes started appearing, Joshua decided San Vicio needed someone to protect it as well.
As the Wolf, Joshua began to hunt down criminals and corruption in San Vicio which wasn't an easy task, considering it was listed 5th in World magazine's 100 Most Corrupt Cities. When he first started out, Joshua was wounded often, but with his wounds came experience. Now, the Wolf is a competent vigilante who stops at nothing to save San Vicio from itself.
Equipment: Two pistols, a katana, an old, heavily repaired rifle, and a grappling hook. His uniform consists of a Kevlar vest and a mask made of Kevlar plate.
Other: As a vigilante, Joshua has begun to learn Tai-Chi as well as some street fighting should he be separated from his weapons.

Name: Bob Doe
Alias?: Shadow
Normal Appearance: http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs30/f/2008/135/2/d/Villain_______by_Nightmare_Beta.jpg
Disguise?: http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080201160014/harrypotter/images/c/c3/DeathEater.jpg
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Personality: To put it bluntly, Shadow is a psychopath. His only goal seems to be to entertain himself and make people see things the way he does. His attitude towards murder is a sickeningly casual and gleeful one. His only redeeming qualities are his love for of the arts and how he protects subordinates that are either invaluable at the moment or far too entertaining to die.
History: Shadow doesn't say much about his past. Suffice to say, he grew up in the industrial district of San Vicio where the poor slaved away to make the rich richer and crime grew rampant. He was always an intelligent boy as well as a narcissist and that marked personality as he worked his way up in one of San Vicio's many gangs. He was also keen on entertaining himself and comic books caught his eye early one, especially the ones with interesting villains like the Joker and Lex Luthor.
When the Avenger appeared, Shadow's already fragile psyche snapped. After all, if superheroes exist, so should supervillains. He always hated his birth name, finding it dull and unfitting. Thus, he murdered the leader of his gang and took on the alias "Shadow" as he descended into madness.
Equipment: A full kevlar-suit and mask as well as a pistol, dynamite, grenades, and various "toys" either of his own invention or brought from the "Reaper".
Other:

Last edited by almostinsane99 on Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:53 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Of Blood and Justice   Of Blood and Justice I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 6:45 pm

Name: Hannah Costa
Alias?: Necromance
Normal Appearance: https://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd40/PainfulxLies/Neon%20Knight/?action=view&current=normal_sora_2.jpg
Disguise?: https://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd40/PainfulxLies/Neon%20Knight/?action=view&current=Little_Red_Riding_Hood__COLOR__by_J.jpg
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Personality: Hannah is very smart. She likes to figure out a system, so that she can exploit it in order to benefit her. She seems trusting, but Hannah is willing to do what she has to in order to get something done, even if you don't agree with her. Hannah is a very organized girl and likes things to be this way. She is strategic, but ruthless if someone or something stands in her way.
History: Hannah grew up with only her father, who happens to be a judge. As a child he told her how he climbed his way through the law business from an associate to a lawyer to a judge. Hannah was fasnicated by how the law worked and how sometimes people manipulated the system in order to win. She started to explore if she could do the same, by not doing an assignment to see if she could convince her teacher to let her hand it in late. She got out of being punished by telling her father how it wasn't actually her fault. Hannah started to learn more about government and law, wanting to know how everything worked and how she could get around it.
When he was fifteen her father almost died and could no longer work. Hannah took up a job working as a paralegal in an law firm even though she was too young. She began to dream of how to help those wrongfully accused even if she had to get her hands dirty. When she heard about the so called superhero, it inspired her to become something like it, only more extreme and not entirely good.
Equipment: Sword, money (some real, some not), documents, and sometimes a gun
Other:

Name: Cody Michael
Alias?: Blue Knight
Normal Appearance: https://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd40/PainfulxLies/Neon%20Knight/?action=view&current=Schoolboy.jpg
Disguise?: https://media.photobucket.com/image/anime%20warrior/AnnaMoonshadow/Warrior/Blood.jpg
Alignment: Lawful Good
Personality: Cody is a kind person, but he is strict too. He believes that rules and order are important and can tend to be OCD about things. He is fair though and is loyal. He does what he believes is right and will not break the rules or tolerant those who do so. He is hardworking as well and doesn't let things distraction him from his work or goals.
History: Cody grew up in a rough neighbor hood. From a young age he had to learn to defend himself. But Cody was taught by his parents and grandmother to never lower himself to the bullies own levels. So Cody used what he could to survive. He especially looked up to his grandmother who he visited everyweek. She was a police officer when she was younger. This also inspired him to become a police officer. He just recently became one and is trying hard to prove himself. After hearing about the so called superhero he decided to gain more experience by becoming one.
Equipment: Pistols and other small guns, high voltage tazer, gun hostlers, pepper spray, handcuffs
Other:

I will finish later

Last edited by TokoToTheEnd on Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:07 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Of Blood and Justice   Of Blood and Justice I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 6:47 pm

Cool. Can't wait to read about your characters. Thanks for joining.
Back to top Go down
skybaby

PostSubject: Re: Of Blood and Justice   Of Blood and Justice I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 10:21 pm

Name: Kyra Rose
Alias?: Flame
Normal Appearance:http://blog-imgs-34.fc2.com/t/o/i/toichu/20091227024444e4f.jpg
Disguise?:http://www4.images.coolspotters.com/photos/143025/charmed-wardrobe-department-pipers-super-hero-costume-profile.jpg
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Personality: Very shy, but in the costume she's social and brave
History: Kyra lived in the insane institution ever since she was 14 years old. She watched as her twin sister was murdered right in front of her by their foster father. She wanted to save her sister, but she was tied to her chair as her sister was beaten to death. Then after she was beaten he went after Kyra. She tried telling her foster mother, but of course she didn't believe her and ever since then she lived in the insane institution. One day she figured out how to get out of her room and decided that she was going to make sure to avenge her sister and all the girls and women that were abused by men.
Equipment: lighters, a bottle of lighter fluid, and throwing daggers.
Other:
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Of Blood and Justice   Of Blood and Justice I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 10:57 pm

I'd like to reserve a character, of that's alright AI.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Of Blood and Justice   Of Blood and Justice I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 3:00 pm

First character accepted, Toko, though she sounds Chaotic Neutral, but you know your own character better than I. Your character is accepted skybaby. And, yeah, you can reserve a character Alec. Smile
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Of Blood and Justice   Of Blood and Justice I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 3:04 pm

I actually thought I made her Lawful Evil by accident. I was going to change it, but time ran out in study hall.

Which does she seem more like? Lawful Evil or Chaotic Neutral?
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Of Blood and Justice   Of Blood and Justice I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 3:11 pm

It depends on what she'll be doing. Evil acts using the law would be lawful evil. Doing pretty much anything would be Chaotic Neutral.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Of Blood and Justice   Of Blood and Justice I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 3:15 pm

Ok she's Chaotic Neutral. I'll go change it.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Of Blood and Justice   Of Blood and Justice I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 3:30 pm

Cool. There are links on the website I have on my first post. TV-tropes is a useful tool. Smile
Back to top Go down
beast93boy

PostSubject: Re: Of Blood and Justice   Of Blood and Justice I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 11:48 pm

How many characters can we have? Anyway, here's my first one.

Name: Jacob Emerson

Alias?: The Reaper

Normal Appearance: Jacob is a 5'8 Caucasian male. He has brown hair and relatively light skin. He typically dresses in business attire even when he is at home. He prefers those nifty striped suits because of how slimming they are. When he goes out for major events he typically wears contact lenses, but on occasion he is known to wear thin, rimless glasses. Underneath the clothes he has a muscular, but not bulky physique.
Disguise?: The main component of The Reaper's costume is an all black body suit. The mask is see-through only from the wearer's side, so he can see out but no one can see in. The outer portion of his costume changes depending on where he intends to go. When he expects combat, he wears a light cloak that provides protection against bullets, fire, and light blows. It can also serve as a distraction for enemies. When he goes into business as The Reaper, he usually wears a broad-rimmed hat and a dark business suit, as well as a second mask that distorts his voice.

Alignment: Lawful Evil

Personality: Jacob Emerson, to most people, is a friendly, but somewhat pretentious man. His expensive education made him quite knowledgeable, but also causes him to act a bit stuck up at times. He has many friends in the business world and is quite popular at social events.
Of course this all comes with a dark side. What his friends don't know is that he likes to dress up as a super villain at night. And when that happens, the gloves come off. The Reaper is cut throat and ruthless. He doesn't let anyone stand in the way of what he wants.

History: Jacob Emerson is the wealthy heir to the Emerson fortune, as well as the CEO and owner of Emerson Industries, and company that manufactures everything from household items, to industrial military weapons. He is something of a genius. He graduated from his prestigious private high school when he was only 16 years old, and graduated from college only three years after that. His father then payed for a two year tour of the world for his son, something that was considered a right of passage for all the Emerson sons throughout the past few generations. This tour was cut short however, with the death of Jacob's parents. Both were assassinated by a man who had lost his job during a buyout from Emerson Industries. Jacob was thrown into the cut throat world of business as his father's successor. He was soon a renowned business man who expanded the company to even greater horizons. This assassination of his parents, the escape of their killers, and Jacob's early success all took a toll on his already less than stable mind. His darker side eventually emerged. His thirst for power led him to cut deals with shady characters. Soon he was supplying drugs and weapons on the black market. One of his early black market deals in Chicago was ruined however, by some wacko who called himself "the Avenger". While this angered Jacob, he decided not to pursue the deranged "hero", and instead decided to keep his business located in San Vicio. Eventually though, heroes began sprouting up there too. But with the heroes came villains. And every villain needs weapons.
That was when Jacob created The Reaper, bringer of death.

Equipment: The Reaper sells weapons to criminals and villains, so naturally he has an abundance of them. His weapons of choice though, are two hand guns that he carries on him at all times, two large daggers that he keeps strapped to his back, and one laser scope semi-automatic sniper rifle, which he occasionally carries in his brief case for larger jobs. He can always obtain other weapons as well. He also wears kevlar armor beneath his body suit, and gloves with small brass knuckle grooves.

Other: Jacob had some martial arts training throughout his life, paid for by his family. He obtained his black belt the same year he graduated from high school from a local karate center. He also learned boxing from a personal trainer during his youth. While on his trip around the world, he worked on his marksmanship with some of the best trainers alive. Once he decided to become a costumed villain however, he knew he needed to learn more than that. He is currently studying grappling, Tung Tsu Do, Tai Chi, and swordsmanship. He expects to expand his skills later in his career. He also takes singing lessons when he has time.
=====
Yeah, this character is full of cliches, but hopefully I can flesh him out better as time goes on. I plan on making two more characters, is that alright with you?

Last edited by beast93boy on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Of Blood and Justice   Of Blood and Justice I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 1:14 pm

Accepted. And, you can make as many characters as you like as long as you can handle them. Smile
Back to top Go down
beast93boy

PostSubject: Re: Of Blood and Justice   Of Blood and Justice I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 2:35 pm

Yeah, I don't feel like making any more characters... I do feel like playing though. When does this start?
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Of Blood and Justice   Of Blood and Justice I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 6:41 pm

At least when Toko finishes with her characters.
Back to top Go down
beast93boy

PostSubject: Re: Of Blood and Justice   Of Blood and Justice I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 8:16 pm

Okay then. Well, I haven't decided if I want to make another character or not. I'm trying to ease my way back into roleplaying (I'm notoriously bad at keeping up with them)... I think I might make another one after we start if I feel like I can handle it.
Back to top Go down
zukoscrazyfangirl

zukoscrazyfangirl

PostSubject: Re: Of Blood and Justice   Of Blood and Justice I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 9:09 pm

Name: Autumn Spear
Alias?: Razor
Normal Appearance: http://www.testriffic.com/resultfiles/27024anime4.jpg
Disguise?: http://img2.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire4/05172008/9/f/c/b/9fcbf072838860_full.jpg
Alignment: Chaotic good
Personality: She has always been the good girl in school, at home. She was quiet, got good grades, blah, blah, blah. But since she took on her new alias, she has begun to act out on her true personality, getting in trouble at school, she was once arrested for a small petty theft charge, and her parents started getting worried. They tried sending her to therapy, grounding her, everything, and after a little while, she calmed down a bit. She is still acting on impulses, and running off on weekends, but she is out of trouble in public, and thats what matters to her parents. Autumn is Sarcastic, Rebellious, and can be quite Passive Agressive.
History: Autumn and her older sister grew up with their parents in the city, they lived in a nice suburban house, in the suburban neighbourhood where everything is peachie and good. Autumn had had troubles with being quite aggresive in school, but eventually was resolved after her parents forced her into therapy. Autumn had followed the story of The Avenger closely, when he was killed, and when the crime became a large problem in the city. When Autumn was 15, her sister was mugged and beaten on her way home from college. Autumn decided that she couldn't let that happen, because of her parkour training, her martial arts education, and weapons training, she decided that she would fight with her strong suit: blades. Soon she began fighting under the name "Razor".
Equipment: Various concealable blades; Short swords, daggers, shuriken, etc.; a special under armour which is lightweight and absorbs blows, and protects from cuts; and a long sheathed Katana which she straps to her back when she is in her disguise.
Other
Back to top Go down
hogaki

hogaki

PostSubject: Re: Of Blood and Justice   Of Blood and Justice I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 12:15 am

Im making one as well. As soon as I get some time to sit down an type. (been doing allot latly)
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Of Blood and Justice   Of Blood and Justice I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 11:48 am

Accepted, ZCF. Glad to have you here. And, reserve noted hogaki. I am looking forward to this. Smile
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Of Blood and Justice   Of Blood and Justice I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 1:51 pm

almostinsane99 wrote:
At least when Toko finishes with her characters.

I'll get started on that.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Of Blood and Justice   Of Blood and Justice I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 4:25 pm

Cool. Smile
Back to top Go down
Oblivion

Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: Of Blood and Justice   Of Blood and Justice I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 12:54 am

You still taking entries for the RP?
Back to top Go down
http://thisisanawesomeurl.tumblr.com
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Of Blood and Justice   Of Blood and Justice I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 9:13 am

Yep. Smile
Back to top Go down
zukoscrazyfangirl

zukoscrazyfangirl

PostSubject: Re: Of Blood and Justice   Of Blood and Justice I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 1:23 pm

I can't wait for this to start. It's going to be so fun Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Of Blood and Justice   Of Blood and Justice I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 5:08 pm

Done
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Of Blood and Justice   Of Blood and Justice I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Of Blood and Justice
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next