New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fay - T (Open)

Go down 
+4
TokoToTheEnd
Oblivion
Sarcastic Master
Casey Jewels
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

Fay - T (Open) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 12:09 pm

Vince smiled at Aire and then gave a low bow to the officer. "You are looking at none other than the great chef of Nawroki's Diner. My uncle owns the place, but it is I who run it." How many fourteen-year-olds could say that? Not that he cared about fame or anything, but was just glad that he got to do what he loved.

---------------------

Tadi pushed open the door and glanced inside to see that the room was empty. Good choice. He pushed the door further open and then glanced back at Morgan and Kyron, meowing softly at them to tell them that this was a place to crash.

"Finally," Morgan muttered. She staggered into the room and took the closest of two beds. She simply sprawled across it and closed her eyes, too tired to do anything else.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/215440
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 2:26 pm

For modesty's sake, Kyron quietly took the second bed, laying down and closing his eyes for a few moments as he went over the day's events. This had definitely been an interesting day. He just wished he knew exactly why Morgan's dad was arrested.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 6:34 pm

Tadi nosed the door closed and then glanced back at the two tired teens. What a day, for them both to have their entire lives turned upside down. It had nearly been two years now since the same thing had happened to him.

He walked over to Kyron's bed and then pushed himself up onto his hind feet. With his front paws he tapped the boy's legs. He then dropped back down and walked towards the TV set, which was set into the wall. He nodded his head at it, hoping that the Shaman would understand what the thing was. The remote sat on a small nightstand in-between the two beds, and that's what he gestured at next.

Morgan could help the Shaman figure things out, if he couldn't get the hang of it. But what was he to do?

The tabby cat then moved towards the door and started to pace back and forth. He couldn't help it. There was no way that he could simply lay down and sleep. He was too wired at the moment, and wanting to know what was going on. But he could not leave Morgan when she was so vulnerable, and so he stayed.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 12:05 am

Kyron glanced over at Tadi, blinking at the indicated remote before grinning as he understood the meaning of his actions. He glanced over at the remote, finding the button labeled "on/off" and pointed it at the TV, flinching at the sound from it. Old storytelling just used images. He watched the TV transfixed. The images were so lifelike. He sat there, watching an old sitcom.
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

Location : 'ow's I suppost ta know? Now get back ta work, ya miserable grot!

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 5:37 pm

"Lord, don't i know it," said the officer as kept walking, "I used to do work as a volunteer EMT back when I was your age, and I also worked at the local kennel helping take care of the animals. it wasn't much, but it made me feel good knowing I was earning my own money."

The officer watched as a boy was stopped by a woman that he had never seen before, accusing the boy of some-such, but before he could intervene, she let the boy go.

As the woman and the boy separated, the officer went over to him, "Hey kid! You alright?"

---------------------------

League of Planets: Orbital Station...

The Captain and her designated lie-detector, Wellington, were currently on their way to the detainment center to have Aaron moved for questioning. She could feel herself becoming increasingly...depressed? No, that didn't quite peg it right, but the feeling had started setting in since she left the children.

She'd have to remember to hit Wellington later..."For what my good Captain? For pointing out your fondness for young Morgan? Worry about that later, we need to be prepared for the questioning and we need you in tip-top condition! Besides, what am I to do by my lonesome if we should encounter that slug of a defense attorney before the questioning?"

"Squid, if I've told you once, I will tell you again: Stay out of my head. However I feel about whomever, is none of your business and you don't need to constantly jab me with it." said Lilith, her irritation edging her words.

Wellington flinched mockingly as if wounded, "My, dear Captain, as if I, your most loyal of mind-readers and telepaths, would ever do such an ignoble thing! Now, I do believe that we have reached the Detainment Center; Is Mr. Raye ready?"
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 11:56 am

Sterling bit his lip. He just wanted to see if he could help Aire and that boy out. Now he was being attacked by questions and emotions. That was why he hated being around adults. There emotions, although weaker, were a pain to feel. They didn't really have a large range of emotions as kids did.

"Fine, fine, fine," Sterling said. "Just peachy."

(Wouldn't the officer know Charlie? I had her as a guard.)
-----------------
Aire looked at Vince as if to ask, "Does that mean we can go in?"
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 12:14 pm

(You had her as Eta security. The officer is LoP silly..then again, lemme take another look at your character profile)

(Yeah sweetheart, you have Charlie set up as Eta/Security. So either, she works security for the Eta, or she works for the Eta, but does undercover work in the LoP/Planet Security (which I understand is designated Enforcers) kind of like a mole.)

The Sergent turned his head towards the voice outside his door, "If you're going to stand out there bothering me with whether you should be in here bothering me, you may as well be in here, bothering me." he said gruffly. His day needed a few annoyances in between the mounting piles of paper work from the Enforcers.

"Well? What are you waiting for? Come in!" he yelled. He didn't mean to be rude or come across as mean, but he was getting bogged down with the Enforcer's problems, getting distracted from what they were supposed to be doing...tell the truth, he was even starting to forget....
Back to top Go down
Velox

Velox

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 9:46 pm

Name: Nail Torrek

Natural: Diamond in the Rough = Whenever Nail is in danger his body becomes covered in crystal diamond-like armor.

Personality: Best described as the ‘strong/silent type,’ Nail has a rather reserved personality, but is the not the loner that he would appear to be. He has a work ethic akin to a soldier following orders, that’s matched equally by his immense loyalty. While he can come off as intimidating due to his large size, deep down he has a kind and nigh unbreakable soul.
Appearance: https://2img.net/h/i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk233/TheBlueSpirit28/m_ab63414f881c40e5a85fe53641485e0c.gif?t=1293413340 (Hmm, let’s say that that thing on his neck either doesn’t exist or is his Natural forming, and that his hair is slightly messy during this pic.)
History: Nail grew up in the country helping his parents out on their ranch. He grew strong throughout his daily chores, keeping his neverending supply of energy and wild ambition in check. In time, he was raised into a fine young man. His parents however, wished for him to be someone more, and with enough saved up money, they sent him off to the city of Tigeal inorder to receive an education and to become someone that they could be proud of.
Nail has only been living in the city for just over 2 weeks, and he’s had rough start. The money that his parents gave him was enough for school, but it won’t last much longer inorder to pay the rent for his apartment, not to mention food. Plus, he lives in a rough area of the city, so he’s already had some run ins with some of the local thugs. The Enforcers have also mistaken him for one too, thanks to his bad sense of direction causing him to get lost and his neighbors calling the Enforcers of a “suspicious individual” roaming around the block late at night. Nail is slowly learning his way around the city, but he’s currently having trouble finding a decent job inorder to pay his bills, since he doesn’t have much experience and is having trouble making a good impression.

Occupation/Side: Student, looking for work/Currently Neutral (Will soon be an Occult member.)

Other: He’s a southpaw. (Left handed)

--- --- ---
{Just so everyone knows, I'll also be taking the role of atleast one of the 7 Eta members. Maybe more?}
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 10:39 pm

Accepted, and I'll maybe edit this with a post later tonight. We'll see. No post, but instead IMPORTANT info. Seems like a lot, but I promise that it's not complicated--at least, I hope it isn't.

The following stuff is mostly about Eta. I barely finished it, so it's still a little rough. I'll probably post this up on the front page, for easy access. Also, Rihana's stuff is subject to change, as Velox has decided to play her. And the quoted words are simply the meaning of their names, because I like looking into that stuff. Oh, and if they have a star next to them, that means that they are alive and a current member of Eta.

Note to go with Kai: In the two hundred years since the LoP discovered Fay, there's been attacks against LoP people on the planet. Sometimes these attacks increase in number and sometimes years will go by without any. In the last few decades before Eta was formed, this mob attacks grew pretty bad and frequent--hence why LoP mostly works off of their orbit station, instead of the one on the planet. These mobs became known as Eta through mistake. At the same time they were dying out, Eta's betrayal happened and the two became crossed and confused with one another. Those that know about Eta believe it to be the work of the mobs, just moved underground and more organized. In truth, they don't have much to do with one another.

Eta

*Aaron Raye “revered”
Cloak: those that wish him harm cannot find him
It was Aaron that pulled Eta together. He is not the leader anymore than any of the others are, but he is considered the founder. He is the most dedicated to what they are doing, and he is usually the one that deals with any problems that arise, as well as the one that usually speaks with Eta’s employer. It is also he who takes on any tasks that the others cannot deal with at the time, and it is he who oversees the whole operation. Aaron Raye is the mastermind behind it all.

*Kayla Eels “sweet”
Phobia: with either touch or eye contact, she knows one’s fears
Kayla was the first to agree to work with Aaron. She loves causing trouble and wishes that the LoP did not exist, so that she could do as she pleased. She loves pain, and loves watching others squirm and squeal. She wishes nothing more than to walk a path of complete ruin. It is she who hunts down enemies of the Eta and silences them before they can do too much damage.

*James Folker “dependable” “watchful”
Wordsworth: always knows the right thing to say
James knows the worth of words, and thus it is no shock that he has risen into a position of power. No one would ever dream that the head of the Enforcers, one who tries so hard to stop Eta, is actually one of its seven members. It is James that keeps the Enforcers out of the way of Eta, and who helps to bring down anyone who is causing Eta problems. He joined only a week after Kayla had signed on, but yet the two of them have never gotten along.

*Pierre Nawroki “socially skilled”
Architect: can create blueprints that are both stunning and practical
Pierre is famous for his architectural work on buildings, but he now calls himself retired from that line of work. Instead, he is the owner of Nawroki’s Diner. His brother and sister-in-law had died years ago by the hands of Kayla, leaving behind a young Vince. Pierre has raised the boy, and it is Vince that is the master chef of the place. However, Pierre is anything but retired. It is he who draws up the ideas that the rest of Eta comes up with.

*Rihana Hawkins “pretty”
Focus: sees/hears the living being whose belongings she is touching with her bare hands
Rihana joined Eta the same day that Pierre did. She wears gloves almost all of the time, in an attempt to control her Natural. As long as she is touching the object with her bare hands, she remains in the vision. However, her power is very draining, just as it is powerful, and so she tries not to use it for more than an hour at a time. Too long, and she would drain her body of energy and end up killing herself. It is she who keeps tabs on enemies, as well as on fellow members of Eta and any other people of interest.

Kai Sorus “ocean”
Scientist: can tell the chemical makeup of any liquid
For years Kai was a prominent member of the unorganized mobs attacking the LoP. It was him that offered the little funding that they had. But then several members of the still-forming Eta approached him, offering him a chance to get back at the LoP like never before. He joined immediately, but he quickly grew to hate Eta, missing the immediate satisfaction of fighting back against the LoP. It was he who betrayed Eta only a year after the group was organized. A big battle ensued, involving Eta, the mobs, the Enforcers, resistance groups, and any innocent citizens that got themselves caught up in it. In all of the chaos, Kai vanished. It was this battle that led everyone to believe that the mobs called themselves Eta. Then “Eta” went underground as the mob attacks died down to a halt.

Annie (Ann) Bells “gracious, merciful”
Detection: can read the minds of any males in the room/close proximity
Ann joined Eta because of Kai. She lived in the apartment across from his, and while she didn’t agree with his mob methods, she helped him out however she could. When he joined Eta, she was aware of it the next time she saw him, and she asked to join. However, Ann had a gentle spirit. Because of her love for Kai, she said nothing when he started his scheming for betraying Eta, and then she ended up dying in the ensuing battle.

Pierce Kroom
Owl : can see perfectly fine in the darkness
Pierce had gone to school with Aaron Raye, and the two of them have been close friends since elementary school. He graduated a few years before Aaron, and then married and moved away. However, after the betrayal within Eta, Aaron contacted him, and he and Tanya became the new sixth and seventh members of Eta.

Tanya Kroom
Shield: another’s Natural does not work on her
She is the wife of Pierce, and became a part of Eta at the same time as her husband. It was she who said something of Hale’s Natural to the rest of Eta. Two years after they joined, they moved back to Tigeal, so that Eta would have an easier time working with Hale. Two years ago, she and Pierce were killed in a battle, but their deaths were reported as a car crash.

*Hale Kroom “heroic”
Construct: can build anything exactly like its blueprint
Hale took on the job from his parents. He enjoyed working with Eta and how important that work made him feel, plus he had grown to hate the LoP because of his parents. When Pierce and Tanya were killed, he stepped up to become the sixth member of Eta. It is he who builds any and all prototypes.

*Keith Burrel “witty”
Genius: can grasp any subject
Keith is the newest member of Eta, and he is the only unwilling one. Hale had worked with him once or twice when Hale was in high school and he was in college. When Hale became a part of Eta, it wasn’t long before their partnership in the past was spoken of. Only a month later, Keith was approached by Eta, but he refused. That is when his girlfriend disappeared. After that, he became the seventh member of Eta. It is he who does the majority of the research on the project, and who deals with the more complicated aspects of it. However, it is also he who has been slowing down the process as much as he can, without risking his life or his girlfriend’s.

And lastly, I'm going to run over the magic system again, because there seems to be some confusion still.

The magic system is meant to be fairly simple, and I think that part of the problem is that it's becoming overly-complicated.

I think that the Natural is pretty well understood, so I'll just explain Nil. David Edding's The Belgariad series uses a similar type of magic, and Wikipedia explains it pretty well, I think, so I'll just borrow some material from there and tweak it a little.

This type of magic system is usually referred to as the Will and the Word.

Essentially, a person borrows energy from everything around him (which is why Nil can't be used off of Fay, because Nil requires the energy found on that planet) and concentrates it through willpower, then releases it with a word or phrase symbolic of the action being done.

The word itself is not important, but how the completed effect is envisioned by the sorcerer is. In other words, imagination is very important in using Nil. There is no certain spell that does a certain thing. It's all in what a person comes up with. Nil requires concentration and energy, and channeling that much power can be physically tiring, especially the more complex the use. The uses of the Will and the Word, or Nil, are almost limitless.

What's the check then? If everybody on Fay has the same power, then it's not really as powerful as it seems. If somebody can create an earthquake with some willpower and a word, then somebody can stop it just as easily. Really, those that come out on top when using Nil are those that are smarter and know how to properly use it. And with the advance of technology, Nil hasn't been needed as much, and thus most have lost the sight of what Nil can really do. Oh, and the Enforcers do govern the use of Fay, especially Nil. So, there are laws and rules to follow. I'm not listing them all out, as it's things like not stealing with the use of Fay (or at all), etc.

Also, the more powerful the use, the more energy it costs from the one using Nil. A young child simply cannot handle the price of energy it takes to create a large earthquake. Someone that young also wouldn't have the concentration or the willpower. It's like trying to run a ten-mile race the first day you try to walk. The muscle just isn't strong enough.

And to touch on such things as raising the dead and whatnot, something like that requires a life for a life. Of course, there are magical items out there that cancel out this cost, but those have been lost long ago.

So, there are some little things that complicate the magic system, but most of the time the use of Nil is meant to be pretty simple.

Just make a wish with all your heart and speak it out loud. That's basically what Nil is. There's no readying a spell or whatever. One just focuses on the magic one is about to use, in order to get ready for it. And the term 'Nil' really isn't used much. Everyone knows that Nil is there, but they simply just use it, without naming it.

Just look at any of my posts where Nil is used, if you're confused still.

And here's an example:
Tadi glanced down at the sleeping form of Morgan. She looked so small, so defenceless, and it didn't help that image at all that her head was resting on his lap--something she normally wouldn't do. With a sigh, he glanced over at the light switch on the other side of the room before glancing back down at her. He didn't want to risk waking her, not right now.
"Off," he muttered as he stared up at the light. With a soft click, the room was plunged into darkness.

The use of Nil is small, and so I don't mention anything about energy leaving him. If it was something bigger, than I probably would. Also, the bigger the use, the more concentration.

A complicated explanation of a simple magic system... But my simple explanation was too simple. So, hopefully this helped in making things simpler. Don't be afraid to ask me questions if you're still not sure. I'm trying to explain this so everybody understands, but just because it makes sense to me doesn't mean that it'll make sense to you.

Nil is simply a wish with power behind it. Maybe thinking about it that way will help.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 12:42 pm

(No I got that confused. Sorry!)

Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 12:58 pm

Vince gave a nod of his head at Aire as he heard the Sergeant's words. "If we didn't have an invitation before, we've got it now." He glanced back at the boy the officer was speaking to. He didn't recognize the kid. But the stranger had given them a chance to get inside, and he wasn't going to waste that.

"C'mon," he muttered to Aire and then stepped inside. He nodded in greeting to the Sergeant. "Hello, sir."

-----------------

Tadi glanced briefly towards the TV as it was turned on and then he resumed his pacing. What was going on? What was happening that he needed to know? But he just couldn't leave Morgan, now that he had found her.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 3:36 pm

(Sounds easy enough.)
Back to top Go down
Velox

Velox

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 10:43 pm

Walking down the streets of Tigeal, Nail was in search of a store that good quality food at a cheap enough price that he could stock up for about a week. Even with his tight budget, his savings were so low that if he couldn't find a job within seven days he would be broke.

Despite his pressing money troubles, the teenager stared off into the cloudy autumn sky filled with tall skyscrapers. The view calmed his bubbling worries, as he found that he could find a small amount of peace within the large, bustling city.

As Nail waited for the cars moving at high speeds to stop at the corner of an intersection, he looked around observing the people around him: a couple sat laughing at an outside table to an ice cream parlor; a man with an afro in a red and white track suit jammed to a funky beat blaring from the headphones around his neck; an old lady walked her petit white dog down the sidewalk; all sorts of different people lived and thrived in this city.

"Mommy! I want some ice cream! Let's get some, please!" a small boy across the street cried out to his nearby mother. The woman sighed exhaustedly, but still opened up her light blue purse and started rummaging through it. "Let me check wallet sweetie." The boy nodded and redirected his attention to a bright red ball, that he immediately began bouncing rapidly up and down, up and down. Suddenly, the ball flew wildly out of his control and flew into the busy street. Upon seeing his favorite toy escape from him, the boy single-mindedly followed after it. Nail gasped, stunned for only a brief instant when he directed his attention towards the menacing green light. "Change!"

The bottom light was immediately replaced by the middle section's yellow, and the cars slowed down and came to a halt, deadlocked by the red. Nail stepped forward bending over slightly, and scooped up the incoming toy, and gently rolled it back to it's owner. The child beamed upwards gratefully. "Alright Nicholas, it looks like mommy has enough money for some ice--...!" the mother who had been absentmindedly following her son while counting the contents of her wallet. Stopped in her tracks when she noticed Nail stopped in front of their path in the middle of the street. Unaware of the incident, and thinking that the rough looking teen was looking to harm them in some way, quickly took the boy by the shoulder and hurried him across the street, glaring at Nail like an angry hawk that was going to tear his eyes out.

With a sigh, Nail shuffled to the other side of the street. He didn't completely blame the mother for her actions as this wasn't the safest area in town. Still he couldn't feel somewhat discouraged especially since he had prevented her son from getting hurt. Nail's feelings of disappointment didn't last long, as a piece of cold, hard metal suddenly crashed into the left side of his face.

{My first post, and I get in some Nil usage. Hope I did okay.}
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 5:22 pm

The Sergent settled down in his chair, straightening out his papers as he gave the children a cursory glance, "Hello to you too...the both of you. I apologize for my...rude tone earlier, you just caught me at a bad time. Now..." the Sergent settled back, "what can I help you with?"

---------------
LoP Orbital Station: Detainment Bay...

As the Officers brought out Aaron, Lilith Glanced him over, "Mr. Raye, I know this is a bit informal, but I have to do this for regulation's sake; Aaron Raye, You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to speak to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you. Do you understand these rights as they have been read to you?"

Leaning in slightly, she whispered to him, "Don't mind the flair or pomph, you are in no way under arrest, it's only a questioning. The spiel was just to make sure nothing said can be held against you without you knowing before hand. Don't worry, this shouldn't take long and you and Morgan will be back home before you know it."

To which Wellington gave a chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 8:06 pm

Aaron gave a polite nod of his head at Lilith, his dark eyes flickering over Wellington before returning to her. "I understand, ma'am. And I must say that I am at a disadvantage. You know my name, but I do not know yours."

This would be easy. If she spoke of him returning home with that brat, then she believed him innocent. And he would give her no reason to doubt that.

(It's great.)

Last edited by Casey Jewels on Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 9:09 pm

'Well, he certainly is a brash one,' Wellington thought, picking up Aaron's surface thoughts. A lot of good that will do them, with League law instituting inhuman abilities as inadmissible evidence. Wellington knew Aaron was guilty, and by extension, so did the captain, but they had to prove it...which so far they couldn't.

"With all due respect Mr. Raye, you may call me Captain. I respect your civilities, but let's keep this relatively professional, shall we?" Nodding to the accompanying Officers, "If you would please, follow me."

Wellington chuckled again, "Behave yourself, and you may get a cookie! Not that it much matters, you may refer to me as Wellington, or 'Squid' as the good Captain is so fond of calling me."
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 10:05 pm

"Of course, Captain." Aaron fell silent after that, simply allowing himself to be led along. He had the right to remain silent, and he would use it. They would get nothing out of him.

------------

Tadi's pacing finally came to a halt and the cat jumped up onto Morgan's bed. She had already fallen asleep, even with the noise of the TV, and so he curled into a ball against her back.

Aaron Raye was guilty. There was no denying that, as much as he wanted too. There was no other reason Hale would have been in that house, gathering things up. He wanted to give it another reason, but there just was none that truly fit into the puzzle of it all.

Yet it felt as if he was betraying Morgan, to even think such a thing.

She had nobody, except for her father and him. And Kyron too, now. But neither he nor Kyron could stop her from ending up in an orphanage. He would end up in one too, when Hale was taken. He had nobody else.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 11:00 pm

Eventually, the sitcom ended and Kyron decided to turn off the TV and get some sleep. It was interesting to see the technological equivalent of old storytellling, though, to tell the truth, he preferred listening to Master Mhenlo's stories more. As he laid down, though, he couldn't help but think of their situation.

The offworlders didn't mean them any harm, of that, he was sure. They didn't give off any bad vibes save for the squid-thing and that was probably because of his strange powers. He just hoped that they let Morgan's father go soon. He didn't like how stressed it made his friend and he wanted her to be happy. With that in mind, he drifted off to sleep, hoping for a better tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Velox

Velox

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 11:24 pm

Nail stumbled slightly from the impact but was grabbed by not one, but two assailants who proceeded to throw him to the ground in the alley way he was walking by.Dazed and unfocused, Nail could barely make out the his assailants who were all laughing menacingly.

Three teenage boys towered over him; to the left a skinny dark skinned boy with corn rows and a black and yellow baseball cap, a completely shaved haired chubby kid wearing a giant oversized white t-shirt, and the sound of the laughter was coming from the one in front slowly moving toward him. He wore a black leather jacket, his hair was in wild green spikes, and he brandished a knuckle duster. "Get'im!"

Upon their leader's command, the two delinquets in the back ran up to Nail and started kicking and pummeling him while on the ground. "We finally found you," the green haired kid back started, admiring the weapon on his fist. "The other day some kid I was muggin' told me that you were his bodyguard or something and would kill me if I even put a finger on'im. Man, I wailed on that kid so much I almost blew a hole in his stomach!" he chuckled, as his cronies sloppy blows grew harder. They didn't affect Nail too much as he managed to cover his vital spots, but he was still disoriented from the surprise attack. Kid? What's he talking about, I don't know anyone in this place? Nail thought, figuring that someone must have tried lying to the thug in an attempt to save their own skin.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 1:58 pm

Aire sighed in relief. Things were going fine for right now and she hoped it would continue.

"So where should we go?" They were in, but finding Tadi wasn't going to be easy. At least that was what she assumed.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 9:50 pm

(They're talking to the Sergeant, Toko. But I'll just fix it in my post.)

Vince sucked in some breath at Aire's whisper, which even he could barely hear, standing right next to her, but then he stepped forward to shake the Sergeant's hand. He didn't know the answer to her question, but he didn't dare discuss that right now.

"I'm Vince Nawroki, and this is Aire. We're hear to tell you that this station has won a free meal from Nawroki's Diner, which will be delivered here. We just need a quick look around, to see how we'll need to set up things."

Please run smoothly. Please.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 10:34 am

(Sorry again! *headdesk*)
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 2:05 pm

The Seargent gave the kid a quick smile, before looking down at his papers, then back up at the bot, "Kid, Vince...just how stupid do you think I am? I may not have much time on the field like I used to, but I still know a lie when I hear one."

Edging forward, he looked at Vince seriously, "I know who your family is, and I know better than anyone else that personal invitations such as your suggesting, are never sent out. You're more than welcome to continue lying if you well please, but my time is limited and I don't have any to spare listening to it...so why are you really here?" He asked, cutting his line of sight directly to Vince.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 3:05 pm

Vince blinked and rapidly moved backwards, a stunned expression on his face. How had the Sergeant...? But quickly he tried to wipe the surprise from his face, to try to salvage the situation.

"I'm... I'm telling the truth," he said. "And I should know. My uncle may own the restaurant legally, but it's mine. I'm the head chef, and I make most of the decisions. If I want to offer you a free meal, I... I can." He tried to keep his voice strong, but even he could tell that it wavered a little, his confidence shaken. This was not work that he normally did, and as such, he didn't have a clue what he was doing.

----------

Enforcer Farah's brown eyes narrowed as she caught sight of a familiar figure in the distance. She sped up her unmarked car (very few Enforcer cars were marked) until she was close enough to dispel all doubt. What was Tory doing here? She slowed down her car, causing the teen to turn her head, fight in her eyes. But the fight died down when she realized who was driving the car.

"Tory, what are you doing out here? This is a dangerous section of town."

As the car came to a halt, the teen moved around to the other side and climbed in, placing her backpack at her feet. "I'm fine, Mom."

Farah stared at her daughter for a moment, then gave a shake of her head and pulled the car back onto the road. "I just don't want to lose you."

"I know, Mom. I know."
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 4:02 pm

The Sergent frowned; he knew the boy was lying, the boy knew he was lying, and if he insisted on continuing to lie...he turned to the girl in his company, "Well, girl, seeing as your friend sees fit to try and keep up his charade, would you like to be more forthcoming?"

He looked at the girl, guessing he had about as much to get out of her than he would the boy, but there was always a shot. Getting up, the Sergent closed the door, gathering himself before he sat down again, "Alright, look we all, the two of you and myself, know you aren't here to offer this station anything; and a very well know you aren't being paid by any of the Enforcers to waste my time...you want something, I know it, but unless you come out with it...I'll have no choice but to throw you kids out."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 11 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fay - T (Open)
Page 11 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next