New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None. OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Go down 
+4
Alec
Lol Lol Lol
TokoToTheEnd
Nightmare13
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None.  OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None. OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)   Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None.  OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 5:36 pm

(*cough* I didn't forget this rpg.)

Kasa laid down on her stiff bed. She was sort of glad that her aunt had taken her in, but Kasa didn't care really. She just needed shelter and food and living here with her aunt would get her those two things free. So she mostly came back for those reasons. She tried to tell her aunt that too, but Kasa decided that her aunt wasn't trying to think about it. She mainly let Kasa do as she please, which was fine with her.

Still at times Kasa wish her aunt would show more interest in her. She didn't mean to come off as cold and rude. It was just the way she was. And maybe running away made her think that Kasa wanted nothing to do with her, which was true. Still Kasa wanted something from her aunt instead of blank stares and polite conversations that never lasted more than five minutes.

Kasa closed her eyes, not exactly tired, but she just wanted to forget about her crummy life. She wanted to dream of something else. Something better.
Back to top Go down
Velox

Velox

Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None.  OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None. OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)   Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None.  OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 7:24 pm

{That does bring up a question though: Would it be okay if any of our characters fell into a comatose state later...?}
Back to top Go down
Nightmare13

Nightmare13

PostSubject: Re: Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None. OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)   Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None.  OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 7:24 pm

(Well she is physically transported to Revera, like the other characters. I probably should have made that more clear. ^^' There won't be anybody to stay in the real world.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.writersplayhouse.blogspot.com/
Beastiewolf

Beastiewolf

PostSubject: Re: Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None. OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)   Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None.  OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 7:33 pm

(Ohhh- okay, that makes since. I'll repost then.)

It was almost midnight, the lights of the town twinkling like the absent stars of the city skies. Alice wanted to sleep... she really, really wanted to sleep.
But she couldn't tear her eyes away from the landscape or her mind from her thoughts. They were tiresome, but they wouldn't let rest.
Her cat lovingly rubbed his fuzzy head against her leg as she sat in the window, watching the world outside. She would really love to see a change of scenery- one that was green, had stars, and was pitch black besides the full moon that would glow overhead.
It was the perfect place in her imagination. She wanted to escape there. She wanted to live there. She wanted to look up every night at the beautiful sky nature intended to be seen.
Derek would have love to have seen it too.
At the thought of him, she growled, closing her eyes. Ever since he disappeared, she hasn't been able to cleanse her mind of him. She looked to her cat, who looked back. She smiled at his cute face.
"I wouldn't worry about it," she began, using the cat as an excuse not to sound crazy, "it's not as though he's gone forever. He's too tough to die! We both know that!"
She yawned, eyes fluttering. "I need to rest," she mumbled, moving away from the window to crawl into bed, eyes closing and letting that comfort sweep over her. She felt her cat lay next to her legs, and gave a content sigh, before falling into a deep, deep sleep.
Back to top Go down
http://beastiewolf.deviantart.com
Fire Lord

PostSubject: Re: Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None. OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)   Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None.  OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 8:55 pm

Alex Sheers kicked a rock out of his path as he slowly moved down the park sidewalk. He had skipped school again; he woke up this morning without the desire to go. His teachers lectured him about how he needed a proper eductation to be successful. But Alex was a young genius...school gave him nothing.

"It's pointless anyway..." he said aloud, staring out from his hood down at his shoes.

"I could die tonight for all I know..."

He found himself drawn to a particular hill of grass.

"That's the only thing fate guarentees us in life, isn't it? Death..."

He laid himself down on the grass and stared dully up at the stary sky.

"Wierd...I wasn't tired a few minutes ago...

He leaned his head back and felt his eyes began to droop.

"I guess....fate had other ideas..."

He slipped into unconsciousness.
Back to top Go down
Nightmare13

Nightmare13

PostSubject: Re: Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None. OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)   Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None.  OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 9:05 am

As Josh felt his eyelids close, almost falling asleep on the desk he heard a noise behind him, like the opening of a door, but, not so much. It sounded like a vortex had opened up after the door opened. Josh lifted his head and turned behind him, expecting to see his father with the vacuum, instead he greeted by a hole in his floor, a gradually growing hole. The hole gradually ate away at the hardwood flooring in his room. The interior of the hole was a sort of purple mist, or more like sand or dust that floated on the breeze, either way the hole was there, and it was growing. Josh scrambled up from his chair, that as soon as he got up, fell into the hole, and then he witnessed the fate of what fell into the hole. The purple dust swirled around it, and closed in on it, and as soon as it touched the chair, the chair began to deteriorate, and the vortex of purple dust continued to become smaller, continuing to tear away at the chair, until there was nothing left, only the purple dust, swirling around looking like a group of paranas, waiting to sink their teeth into him. Josh scrambled away from the hole, and jumped onto his bed, watching the hole with intense eyes. He would not let this weird portal kill him. "MOM! DAD!" he called. he was desperate, and he felt he needed their help. But then at the back of his mind he heard a voice. The soft soothing voice of a woman, it calmed him. "Jump in." the voice said. "Jump in Joshua. We need you." it continued. The voice was motherly, and caring. He trusted it. And he felt the urge to jump. "Okay. This is a dream, maybe if you jump in you'll wake up." he said to himself, trying to convince himself that this was in fact a dream. He prepared to jump into the hole from his bed, when he heard his mother. "What's wrong honey?!" she called. Josh paused for a moment. was unsure about jumping, was unsure about what to say, and then the words came to his mouth. "I love you! I love you and I love dad!" he yelled back in reply, and then to himself he muttered, "Into the rabbit hole." then he jumped, a howling came from the hole, and once Josh had entered the hole closed up. It was silent. Then there was a swirl of purple dust, and Josh's chair was back. Footsteps could be heard, running up the stairs, and then his door burst open. His mother frantic with fear opened the door to his empty room. Josh was gone, and what remained from where he had jumped in, was a chair, and purple dust, that lightly dusted the floor. His mother began to sob, and fell to the ground. And that was the day that Joshua disappeared.
Back to top Go down
Lol Lol Lol

Lol Lol Lol

PostSubject: Re: Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None. OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)   Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None.  OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 3:59 pm

Monica jumped as she heard a pop. She wasn't exactly sure what it was until she looked to the center of her room. A purple portal was sitting there. It seemed threatening and welcoming at the same time. If she yelled for her dad, she'd most likely get beat for it later. As the portal expanded she quickly wrote in her notebook and threw it on her bed for her dad to find.

'Love ya.'

She looked at the expanding portal and thought she heard her name coming from it. Gulping, she jumped in.
Back to top Go down
http://bulbsquirmanderchu.deviantart.com/
Velox

Velox

PostSubject: Re: Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None. OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)   Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None.  OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 4:24 pm

Wade was nearly asleep when he heard a strange, yet familiar noise noise. He sighed and got up from his bed and opened the door. "Meow." Wade's Uncle's cat, Mandarin greeted him. "Alright. Come on, you can sleep in my bed." the teen told the cat. The feline purred a little, walked over to Wade's bed, and jumped in it. It stretched for a few seconds before spinning around and laying on the bed. "Man, I wish I had it that easy." Wade said as he watched the cat yawn and put its head down. He plopped onto the bed and went to take off shoes, but he was interrupted by another strange, but this time unfamiliar noise. "Huh? What the--?!"

A dark purple portal was spinning on the floor. The portal was slowly gaining in size, and Mandarin hissed at it. "Jump in. We need your help," a sweet and alluring voice in Wade's head beckoned to him. "I didn't fall asleep...did I?" Wade watched, as the portal was twice as big as it was before, and still growing. "...take care of Uncle for me." Wade told the cat, and leaped into the purple gateway.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None. OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)   Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None.  OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 4:27 pm

Kasa saw a purple portal in her room. She looked at her bedroom door. Now she had a chance to leave again. This time for real. And if this was a dream, she would just be upset about it, but know that ti made sense. She couldn't run forever, but looking at the portal, she thought that maybe she could.

One glance at the door and she jumped in.

"Bye."
Back to top Go down
Beastiewolf

Beastiewolf

PostSubject: Re: Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None. OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)   Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None.  OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 4:32 pm

(Before I post- is it okay if the cat comes too?)
Back to top Go down
Nightmare13

Nightmare13

PostSubject: Re: Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None. OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)   Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None.  OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 5:22 pm

(I'm tempted to say yes, but no, the cat may not come. It's sort of part of the rp that only they can come, hence using the chair as an example of an incompatible object. Sorry.)
Back to top Go down
Beastiewolf

Beastiewolf

PostSubject: Re: Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None. OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)   Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None.  OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 5:28 pm

(Naw, that's okay, just sayin'. Posting now!)

Alice was sleeping soundly, dreaming of the world she wanted to visit.
In her dream she walked carefully among the trees, the stars above her white and twinkling like her mother's wedding dress. She was barefoot, and in her pajamas, the full moon behind her guiding her way. She closed her eyes and spread her arms, twirling around before continuing, slowly, carefully, taking it all in. She stopped however- she was suddenly unable to move. She looked down, only to find that she was ankle deep in bog mud. Thick, gooey, sticky bog mud. She gave a "ick," trying to move- it kept her captive. She furrowed her brows as she examined something. She was beginning to sink!
With a scream, she writhed and tugged with her legs, but it was hopeless.
With a gasp, she awoke. She still felt that numbness on her legs. She groaned and opened her eyes, trying to wiggle- she couldn’t. She tried it again, and still couldn’t move. She gasped, looking down at the culprit.
Her calves were virtually gone, being eaten up by what looked to be purple dust within a portal sort of hole.
Her eyes were wide for two seconds before she let out a blood-curdling scream. She clawed at the sheets as the hole ate her up, eyes quickly filling with tears. Her cats was currently hissing at the portal from her back, as if trying to weigh her down.
This couldn’t be happening!
“Do not struggle.”
The voice that passed through her mind was a woman’s, soft and relaxing. Her hands relaxed as she heard it.
“Just relax, you will be okay.”
She closed her eyes, terror still on her face, but she muttered a small “okay.”
And with that, the purple dust pulled her in all at once, bringing the sheets along. Everything went numb, and then, everything went black.
All that was left was her cat, meowing sadly, and the sheets.
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None. OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)   Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None.  OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 6:32 pm

Dubhan quietly snored in the seat of his truck, ignoring the occasional rain drop that would fly through his broken window and hit him in the face. The boy only shrugged and rolled over when he heard the sound of a door opening, but shortly after he sat up and looked around in the dark as he heard the sucking noise of a vortex. Slowly, Dubhan reached his hand out and turned on the truck's indoor lights. "What the-" Dubhan commented as he looked at the purple dust in the air all around him, only to be cut off as he sneezed loudly.

"Jump in." A voice said, seemingly emanating from the vortex itself.

"No, no definitely not." Dubhan replied as he opened the door out of the passenger side and jumped out, luggage bag in hand as he landed onto the very portal that he had been trying to avoid. "Oh f-" The boy was cut off as he fell through the vortex, allowing it to shut right after he had fallen through.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord

PostSubject: Re: Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None. OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)   Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None.  OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 8:09 pm

IC: Alex Sheers

"Do you believe in the paradox of fate, Alex?"

"No," replied the boy, opening his eyes to stare up at the star covered sky.

Or at least, what used to be the star covered sky. What it was now was a warped reality of purple light and dust that swirled about him. Alex did not care, the grass he laid upon was still here.

"Why is that?"

"Because it's easily disproved. People think that because they make choices every day, they have free will, but they don't. The reason is because in the end, it's impossible to know how it all will end. Even if you looked into the future, it wouldn't matter, because it's what you were supposed to do. Fate is inevitable...our destiny is all we have..."

The calm, female voice spoke once more.

"I'm sorry you believe so."

"I know so," replied Alex.

"You want proof? I'll give you some. You're going to take me...whether I want to go or not. I don't know where, but it doesn't really matter, does it? I'm off to meet my fate, aren't I?"

The purple dust began to consume him.

"No Alex. You are off to create it."

And he vanished.
Back to top Go down
Lucifa

Lucifa

PostSubject: Re: Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None. OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)   Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None.  OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 4:39 am

After his Philosphy lesson, Gary once again returned to the greassy field to watch the skies. Gary was anxious about the meaning of everything.

'Is it really Man's place to question the limitation of God? Is it Man's place to fight against His Free Will for our own selfish desires? In the End, won't we just...Cease?' Gary thought while staring at the clouds uncomfortably.
'What is the purpose of Questioning 'Why?' when Man should be Questioning 'What?'. What are we meant to be doing? What is God real intentions? What is our fate?

Suddenly, a crescendo of a distorted noise filled Gary's ears. In the sky was feint purple mist that funneled down next to him. A soft, relaxing voice called unto him.

"I can see that you are confused. You will find all your answers with me. Jump. Do not be afraid."

Gary got up and stared at the purple portal almost swallowing his vision. But just as he was about to jump, a girl called from afar. It was his Girlfriend.

"Gary! What are you doing?" She shouted, almost worried.

Gary gave her an anxious look which turned into a smile.
"Please, take care of our friends while I'm gone and find your own Reason." Gary whispered as he jumped into the portal.
Back to top Go down
Nightmare13

Nightmare13

PostSubject: Re: Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None. OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)   Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None.  OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 7:10 am

Once through the portal Josh found himself, outside of the portal? Where he had fallen to was outside of his home about a hundred feet in the air, floating, purple dust swirling around him.

"What's going on here?" Josh asked himself quietly.

But when he looked around, things did look different. The entire world had a purple tint to it, like he was looking through the portal, or maybe a lens using sepia that had the paint they used to color Barney with. And below he could see thousands of small tornadoes of dust. Everything looked so peaceful.

"Look up." the voice told him.

And when he did he saw a giant tube in the sky, far off from him, and upon closer observation, he could see that some of the swirls of dust were heading towards it, in little streams, like being blown on the wind. And inside the giant pipe in the sky Josh could see that there were thousands of swirls of the purple dust flowing through it, all connecting to make a giant flow of the sands.

"What in the name of god is going on here?" he persisted. He half hoped he would open his eyes and find a syringe near his arm, or that this was another weird dream of his. But this was too much for a dream, it was too vivid. He could feel dust flowing around him, the wind in the air, worst of all he heard a shriek from his own home. He tried to ignore this. But he was puzzled as to why the dust around him was staying around him, and not flowing into the tube.

"Because it is your own. You must will it to come to us. You must will it to save us." The voice said, reading his thoughts.

This really took his guard down. It made him worry about whether the voice now knew where the magazines he was holding onto for some jock his girlfriend was friends with was. Also whether it would be informing his mother about it.

"No." the voice answered simply. Josh was relieved. Then he remembered the instructions the voice had given him. He didn't exactly know how to command a collection of dust to fly into a giant hole in the sky, and to then continue on through the hole. So he used the first phrase that came to mind.

"Lightspeed, up and out." he ordered the purple dust pointing at the pipe. Nothing happened.

"Calm your mind. You only need to think about moving it. Don't force it, let it take you." the voice told him. Josh closed his eyes and thought. Take me to where I am needed.

He felt movement, very very fast movement, and when he opened his eyes, he had indeed moved the dust, and himself, very quickly. The world became a blurr as he rocketed through the sky. If physics were to apply right now, he should be very much dead, but somehow it didn't. There was something about the dust that made things different. It was like magic. Finding staring at the blurry world below a good way to lose his lunch Josh turned to the sky. He was approaching the tube at extreme speeds, and he could see other collections of the magic dust flying along with him, some even followed him. He smiled. For the first time in a long time, Josh smiled. He was enjoying this. He was enjoying flying so carelessly through the sky. Josh decided to give his dust new orders as well.

Do a barrel roll! Go through that cloud! Spin around that dust swirl!

He told it, and the dust eagerly obeyed. Or at least Josh imagined it did, if magical rocket speed inducing dust could have emotions. It wasn't a surprising thought after all that had just happened. Josh lead a parade of purple dust behind him as he soared towards the tube. Soon he was parked outside of the tube, watching the massive amounts of what he now called dream dust flow inside.

"Are you ready to go through?" the voice asked him. Josh only nodded. The voice was making him feel like a child. The voice laughed a little at his reaction. It was a sweet laugh though, not like he was the butt of some sick joke.

"Very well, I shall take you the rest of the way." she said. Josh watched as his own dream dust changed from it's original purple into a rich gold color that shone brightly like a star.

"Close your eyes." The voice told him. Josh followed his instructions. As soon as his eyes were closed he felt movement, but not movement. He didn't feel like he was going at some impossible speed, even though he knew he was, but it was knowing that he was moving so fast that made him aware of himself rocketing past planets and stars. He could also hear himself whizzing past the trillions of grains of dream dust.

"Open your eyes, and find me when you awake." The voice said, giving one final instruction. "Good luck, Celestial Knight of Terran." She whispered in his ear, even though he knew she was just in his head, but now that he was here, he could feel her. J

osh opened his eyes, and was not delighted to see that he was falling towards the earth, his dream dust still surrounding him. He was not only falling but he was being propelled by his dust towards the earth. Josh looked around him looking for something, he didn't know what, some way to stop. He saw only the ground and the dream dust from the pipe flowing towards it, dispersing and falling across the land. He remembered how he had commanded the dream dust earlier.

Pull up! Pull up! He screamed his head. It wasn't working, he was still flying towards the ground. He didn't have any control over it, and he was getting dangerously close.

Stop! Stopstopstopstopstopstopstop! He continued, hoping it would work, the dust did not respond Josh stared at the ground he was going to fall into. A small clearing in the forest. He had one last chance before he slammed into the ground.

"STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!" he screamed out loud, closing his eyes. And then he didn't have the strength to open his eyes, so he lay there, resting, the entire world black.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None. OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)   Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None.  OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 2:07 pm

(I don't know if we have to follow your post.)

Kasa wasn't sure where she was. But she didn't really care. Anywhere was better than with her aunt. And this was probably just some strange dream.

'Are you sure?'

Kasa nodded, although there was no one around. She looked like she had landed in a forest. Except that she was sure she could see the plants moving. She knew from science, that pants, even grass, is technically alive, but these plants moved as if they were....human. Or at least capable of thinking, which most vegatation isn't. Or at least, so far as Kasa knew.

"Where is this? This doesn't make sense."

'You're here because I need you.' the strange female voice told her.

"No one needs me. I'm useless," Kasa replied rudely, still eyeing the plants. She had a bad feeling about this.

'You know that isn't true. Have faith in yourself.'

Kasa was about to reply, when she saw the plants move again. Only this time they were moving towards her. They began to crawl over Kasa and she struggled to break free. But it was pointless. She was helpless against the plants.

'Good luck my assassin.'

"No...." Kasa moaned weakly, before blacking out.
Back to top Go down
Nightmare13

Nightmare13

PostSubject: Re: Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None. OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)   Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None.  OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 7:07 pm

(It would help to have something similar, but you can just say that they blacked out and had a weird dream session instead later. But something like this did happen to them. I just made a lengthy Post that my character won't remember because it's a sort of foreshadowing... yeah, probably shouldn't have said that. I'm gonna say it again while the rp is young. I will probably be dominant in the writing to keep the story on track, and that your characters will most likely be dragged around through the story a lot. I'm really aiming for an interactive story book kind of feel for the rp You will have little control over how the overall plot turns. I mentioned it was pretty fixed at the start so don't say I didn't warn you, but you really can't start talking about how The Nightmare Lord is actually your father and have a huge plot twist like that (Or really anybody in Revera.). I hate making this comparison, but, think of this rp as a video game. You affect your characters actions and play a key role in the story, but you can't completely control the flow of events, you have to accept what your given and come up with a way to work around it. I'm really sorry if you're angry at me about this, but it is what it is, and it's sort of an experiment to see if an RP like this can actually work. This RP is me sharing my story and letting you play the part of the main characters, and idea I wanted to show you and let you play around with the characters a little.)
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None. OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)   Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None.  OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 10:44 pm

"This can't be real..." Dubhan muttered in shock as he looked at the purple dust floating around him. It was rather surprising, floating hundreds of yards up in the air after being sucked into an odd hole in the ground, and Dubhan certainly wasn't enjoying the experience.

"I promise you that what you are experience right now is real." The Female voice replied from nowhere, or, maybe everywhere as well?

"Do you have any proof that this isn't just an amazingly vivid dream of mine? Do you have anything to convince me with?" He asked while trying to stay logical about the whole situation, beginning to feel rather annoyed with himself.

"You know in your heart that this isn't just a dream, you know that this is much more then just a dream." The voice replied confidently, causing the hair on the back of Dubhan's neck to rise. "Then what is it?" He asked quietly with tears in his eyes, feeling rather foolish and hopeful at the same time.

"Your destiny is finally being fulfilled."
The voice answered calmly.
Dubhan paused for a second as he took in what the voice said, only to laugh bitterly as he decided that this was all nonsense. "Don't be daft, as a figment of my imagination you should know I don't believe in destiny, or fate." He replied harshly, now pretty sure that this was just a dream.

"If you don't believe in destiny, then what is it that you've been running towards all of these years?" The voice asked, causing all of the mirth in Dubhan's expression to fade away as he opened his eyes again. "I haven't been running towards anything." He barked back loudly before lightly tapping his hands together as he looked down . "It's more like...I've been running from....stuff." He said weakly, stumbling a bit as he had the revelation.

"Then, isn't it time that you ran towards something for a change?"
Those were the words that took Dubhan's guard down, the words that gave him the hope that maybe this was real. "Fine, I'm considering...whatever it is you want. But stop explaining things on an emotional level and just get to the point. I hate it when people just talk about their philosophies like it's a valid way of arguing." He ordered with a hint of humor in his voice as he looked up at the sky for a change. When Dubhan noticed the giant tube in the sky that seemed to be sucking up all of the dust his mouth gaped open as he realized what he needed to do. "Now why do you need me?" He asked the voice while looking up at the sky, slowly floating towards the tube as he subconsciously willed himself towards it. All of a sudden Dubhan noticed flashes of light rush into the hole above, leaving Dubhan rather confused.

"I need your assistance, your skills. There are others who will be with you, I believe that you saw them just now..." The voice replied vaguely, leaving Dubhan feeling unsatisfied. "B-" "Calm your mind and will yourself after them, don't force anything, just think it." The voice cut him off, the same soothing calmness in the woman's tone that had always been there. "I....ok then." He reluctantly obeyed before closing his eyes again. "Lets go, take me to wherever...your supposed to go." He informed the Dust weakly, shrugging for a second when he couldn't think of anything cool to say.

All of a sudden Dubhan's body rushed up into the sky, the world only a blur that laid behind him now. Instead of testing or playing around with his new ability of flight, Dubhan simply wished that he could get this over with, telling the Dust to hurry on when it asked him if he was ready to go.

As Dubhan rushed through the tube, he looked around in awe as the purple dust he was in turned a sort of cold silver color, the color change almost calming him down in an odd sort of way.

"Close your eyes now."

Not questioning the order this time, Dubhan shut his eyes calmly. It was an odd feeling, rushing through the universe yet not being able to see any of it. Dubhan didn't like it really, it felt wrong that he would get to move past all of these stars and planets yet not be able to see them.
-/-\-
"Good luck Dubhan, Battle Magician and Celestial Knight of Terrena. Find me when you awake." The soothing voice whispered to Dubhan, startling the boy and causing him to open his eyes as he saw that he was flying towards the earth, or at least it was an earth like place he supposed. "What a horrible way to die....yet what a fitting destiny I suppose." Dubhan thought glumly as he fell towards the Earth.

"You guys can slow down now, or stop? I'm ot exactly picky about which one you decide to choose...." He reluctantly ordered, his speed only picking up as he realized that his body was headed for a small pond that rested in a clearing just below him. "Seriously? Stop now. I said stop.'' He ordered aloud instead of simply thinking it now. "Stop now!" He ordered one last time as he began to panic. "I guess they just wanted to kill me, unless this is going to wake me up because I was dreaming? But that doesn't make any-" Dubhan wondered until his thoughts were suddenly cut off as he blacked out, the breath knocked right out of him.

(I made the post really long because my character didn't even volunteer to go in the first place, so he had to be convinced. Though I suppose that if he forgets the entire conversation he'll just be ticked off all over again...)
Back to top Go down
Lucifa

Lucifa

PostSubject: Re: Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None. OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)   Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None.  OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 4:47 am

The strange portal had sucked up Gary into the sky, where he could overlook the town he was born in. Around him in the Twilight Sky were similar purple clouds of dust, tunneling their way into the Father portal in the center of the Sky. This feeling ...was exhilarating to Gary. So much so that he burst out with a hysterical laughter, which was a rare occasion.

"So tell me Goddess. Can you tell me what the point of our existence is?" Gary asked sternly to the Voice.

"Shouldn't Man more worry about what needs to be attained?" The Goddess replied back in an equally stern voice.

"That's a good point." Gary admitted nobely. "So can you tell me what my destiny is going to be?"

"Gary, in your life, you have always asked questions about Meanings. You have confused yourself and you no longer know the simple truth behind everything. Trees do not have a purpose, simply they are born with us on the Earth, but Man gave them a purpose to provide Oxygen and Wood. Gary, you must learn to shape your own destiny." The Goddess sounded with her pelasant voice.

"...Can you help me?" Gary asked bashfuly.

"Yes, will through it and you will be guided."

Gary thought about moving to his destiny and the purple sand shot him through the portal in the sky. Gary found this even more exhilarating than the last. Finally, there was some movement in his life. Finally, Gary could go somewhere.

"Now, close your eyes." The Goddess whispered and Gary did so.
"Good Luck Gary, Archer and Celestial Knight of Terrena."

Gary could feel his environment shifting and shaping around him as he travelled into the depths of the unknown. It was an odd feeling of importance, of authority to move so slow yet so far. Then Gary felt wind rush through his hair, he opened his eyes and he was plummeting towards a very thick forest. Gary knew this was not the end and he simply closed his eyes once more.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None. OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)   Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None.  OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 1:52 pm

(I'm not mad. I was worried that you would be mad. So do I have to edit?)
Back to top Go down
Lol Lol Lol

Lol Lol Lol

PostSubject: Re: Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None. OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)   Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None.  OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 3:44 pm

Monica gazed in amazement as she was hovering above her house. This had to be another one of her dreams. It was a little more vivid than the others, but there was no way this could be happening.

'Oh, but it is happening.' She had heard her name being called before! This was the voice. This kind woman's voice. 'Although your dreams are vivid, they are not as vivid as this, am I correct?' I nodded. 'Very well then, you know it must be true. You can feel it.'

Monica started to think it was pretty weird that she was reading her mind, but didn't find it that bad. What was she suppose to do now though? Why was she-

'Look up.' She did. She was dumbfounded. 'We need you. Please if you would follow the others. All you need to do is will it.' As she said this bright lights went by.

"Alright then... Purple dust cloud... mush?" The dust cloud rocketed forward. For a roller coaster lover this was better than any she had been on. It was the most thrilling thing ever.

'Close your eyes, please. Find me when you awake.' The woman's voice said. The speed she was going at seemed to intensify.

'Good luck, Healer and Celestial Knight of Terren.'

Suddenly Monica sensed that she had changed directions. She opened her eyes to see that she was plummeting toward the earth... It looked like a bog or wetlands. How did she stop this thing?!

'Stop!' She thought hopelessly. "STOP! CHANGE DIRECTION! DO SOMETHING!" she changed to yelling out loud in her panic. Then everything went black when she connected with the earth.
Back to top Go down
http://bulbsquirmanderchu.deviantart.com/
Nightmare13

Nightmare13

PostSubject: Re: Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None. OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)   Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None.  OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 3:07 pm

(No you don't have to, at all. Also, We'll wait for the others to post and then we can really start the rp.)
Back to top Go down
Velox

Velox

PostSubject: Re: Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None. OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)   Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None.  OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 6:58 pm

{Uh, no I'm not the only one that's being waited on, but sorry. I'm not so busy anymore, and can start re-posting!!! Okay, Nightmare, I'm not angry at all. You're the director, and I understand that you have a general idea on how this RP should be. And I feel honored that you accepted me to be a part of it. ) Now, I'm not sure what this foreshadowing/forgetfull-ness/whatever thing you had in mind, but I've got an idea and I'll just wait and see if I was right or not. Oh! And nice job blending in some comedy into your post. D (Uh, sorry Toko, but there was a typo in your post and it made me lol. ^^')}

Wade appeared floating above his Uncle's restaurant. Everything seemed normal, except for the purple dust floating around everywhere. Including him! It's not eating or harming anything...infact, it seems kind of peaceful.

It is all right Wade. There is nothing to be afraid of, the smooth female voice from earlier stated in the teen's mind. "Whoa! How did you do that...and how do you know my name?! Where are you?" he asked. Please look up.

Wade lifted his head towards the sky, expecting to see the source of the Voice, but all he saw was this strange tube, and the strange purple dust flowing towards it like a vaccum. Including some different colored dust.

We need your help Wade. Please, follow them. the Voice politely beckoned. " O-kay, but How am I supposed to get up there?" Wade asked, though he was worried about whether he should listen to her.

Don't think; feel. Let the dust guide you towards me. I need you. Wade closed his eyes, took a slow deep breath, and relaxed. He shortly felt like he was moving upwards, at a very fast rate. Are you ready to proceed?

"I'm ready." Wade replied determined, opening his eyes. The dust turned from purple, into a luminous white color. It was kind of like snow...but more sparkly. he noted. Please, reclose your eyes. the voice ordered, as the dust began accelerating. "Wait! What exactly is it you need me to do? And who are you?" Wade asked. Don't worry. All will be revealed to you once you find me. Fight hard, my Celestial Knight of Terrena.*

With that, Wade closed his eyes, and entered the tube. He slowly felt some sort of shift in direction, and opened his eyes to find himself plummeting towards some sort of forest. "Uh, it's great that you're guiding me, but do you think that you could slow down?" Wade asked trying to communicate with the dust, but he only fell faster. "Okay. I don't 'think' that we should slow down, I know that we should slow down! So slow down!" The dust was unresponsive, and the Wade drew nearer and nearer to the forest floor. "Hey! Are you listening?! I can't help you if I'm dead! I said slow down!!! SLOW THE FREAK--!"

{* Yeah, Nightmare13 said "Terran," Lolx3 said "Terren," and Lucifa said "Terrena." The beginning of the RP said "Terrena," so I went with that. Can someone please confirm what the name of the Kingdom of Revera is?}
Back to top Go down
Nightmare13

Nightmare13

PostSubject: Re: Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None. OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)   Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None.  OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 9:55 pm

(Thanks Velox. And it's good to hear you'll be posting more. Yeah. ^^' The rp has pretty much the entire thing planned, except for some of the middle parts. I'm not sure that you should feel honored. I'm confident that I have great rpers in the rp. All of you have been really good so far (for what it's worth) and I can see that continuing. So really I'm honored to have such good rpers expressing interest in my rp. Smile Also for that last part it was my bad. Typo on my part. Lucifa is right it's Terrena.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None. OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)   Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None.  OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dream World: Nightmare Plague (Currently seeking: None. OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next