New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Children of the Plague

Go down 
+4
Lol Lol Lol
Ersher
TokoToTheEnd
almostinsane99
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

Children of the Plague Empty
PostSubject: Children of the Plague   Children of the Plague I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 1:07 pm

(Note: Okay, this is based on an idea used in The Girl Who Owned a City, but you don't have to have read the book or anything.)

It had happened so quickly. One moment, everything was normal, the next, a terrible virus had swept through all corners of the world. At first, it seemed harmless. People assumed it was just the Common Cold. However, it soon proved to be lethal. Anyone that caught it died eventually. Thanks to modern transportation and its apparently mild symptoms, it had spread all over the world. It seemed that it would end humanity.
However, there was a group of people it didn't effect. Children under the age of 13 appeared to be immune to the virus. Thus, as the adults around them died, humanity's future endured. Now, in the town of Oakvale, can the children survive in a post-apocalyptic world where they must face not only a world without adults, but the cold-reality of human nature...

Rules
No Mary-Sues or Gary-Stus.
No god-modding.
Please post at least 2-3 sentences per post.
Romance is allowed but keep in mind the age of the characters are involved.
This is rated PG-13
Good spelling and grammar please.
You mayve have as many characters as you want, but you have to be able to manage them.

Character Profile

Name:
Age (3-12):
Personality:
History:
Possessions:
Other:
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Plague   Children of the Plague I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 3:08 pm

Name: Lani Kahalo
Age (3-12): 11
Appearance: Lani
Personality: Lani is a sweet child and is very friendly and open. She was scared when people began to die and is a pretty sad child too, bursting out into tears randomly. Still she is a bright child and loves to have fun. She isn't shy at all and will speak her mind.
History: Lani was an only child and so when her parents got sick, it was hard for Lani, because she didn't have anyone at home to turn to. After her father died, her mother decided to send her to live with other children who weren't effected, so she wouldn't end up so alone.
Possessions: A few picture books, a family photo, a notebook and pencils, a cellphone
Other: N/A

Name: Tyler Punell
Age (3-12): 10
Appearance: Tyler
Personality: Tyler is a tough kid, despite his age. He tries not to let things effect him too much and can be bratty at times. He hates being put down by adults and will throw a fit if he doesn't get what he wants. Still he cares for his little sister and swears to protect her.
History: Tyler and his younger sister, grew up in a small town with only their mother. So when she got sick, Tyler told his mother that he would watch out for Charlie for her. Charlie wasn't sure of what was going on and latched onto her brother after their mother died.
Possessions: Snacks, a couple water bottles, a watch, some books, his baseball

Name: Charlie Punell
Age (3-12): 8
Appearance: Charlie
Personality: Charlie is a shy child. She doesn't like to be around large groups of people and is easily frighten. Charlie is smart for her age and likes to read. Because she is so quiet, some people mistake her for being mature, but Charlie is still childish, latching onto her brother for safety.
History: Tyler and his younger sister, grew up in a small town with only their mother. So when she got sick, Tyler told his mother that he would watch out for Charlie for her. Charlie wasn't sure of what was going on and latched onto her brother after their mother died.
Possessions: What her brother has and her favorite stuffed lion Mr. Grr
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Plague   Children of the Plague I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 4:46 pm

(Cool. Accepted.)
Name: Joseph Clemens
Age (3-12): 11
Appearance: http://cdimg2.crunchyroll.com/i/spire4/04152008/7/b/1/c/7b1c4508d89800_full.jpg
Personality: Joseph is a kind boy, though he is a bit of a loner. He always was a little socially awkward. Nonetheless, he is intelligent and loves to read. He sometimes daydreams, but does pay attention when it matters.
History: Joseph is an only child. His parents were doctors, but they, like other doctors, couldn't fight the virus. Now, with his parents gone, Joseph lives alone in his house, wondering what to do next.
Possessions: A few books, a pencil, a notebook, and some snacks.
Other:
Back to top Go down
Ersher

Ersher

Location : On the run from two of the most beatiful dangerous Fire Nation women I've ever met, Azula & Ty Lee.

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Plague   Children of the Plague I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 10:08 pm

((Quick question, the idea the same as the book, where once they turn 13 they contract the disease and end up dying?))
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Plague   Children of the Plague I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 11:03 pm

(No. They don't contract the diesease. The same idea as the book is there being a plague that wipes out most adults.)
Back to top Go down
Lol Lol Lol

Lol Lol Lol

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Plague   Children of the Plague I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 11:45 am

Name: Steven Mythe
Appearance: Steven
Personality: Steven is very mature for his age. Partly because he watched both his parents die. He is also very protective of his little sister Anne.
History: Steven is the second oldest of his family. His older brother was 17 when the plague hit and therefore died along with his parents. Before his parents died he forced them to right that all their possessions came to him. They did and he swiped their credit cards too.
Possessions: A house and some money.
Other: Steven is willing to let other people stay at his house because he knows not everyone is as lucky as them.

Name: Anne Mythe
Appearance: Anne
Personality: Anne is very sweet and innocent. She always tries to make sad people happy and tries to lighten the mood.
History:Anne was too young to understand how her parents and sibling died. But she has faith that her brother Steven will protect her from whatever it was.
Possessions: Her brother's things. Nothing of her own.
Other:

Name: Hope Ingeres
Appearance: Hope
Personality: Hope is very defiant and brave. She isn't afraid to do anything and will say anything also.
History: Hope's father was a police officer so naturally she grew up around guns. When her father died she stole most of his guns and ran off to Oakvale where no one knew her and she knew no one.
Possessions: Glock 36, .243, and a Shotgun.
Other: Has very deadly aim for a 12 year old.
Back to top Go down
http://bulbsquirmanderchu.deviantart.com/
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Plague   Children of the Plague I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 pm

Cool. Accepted.
Back to top Go down
Velox

Velox

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Plague   Children of the Plague I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 12:27 am

Wh0@!!! This RP seems cool! How did I not see it?! I'd like to reserve please. ^^
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Plague   Children of the Plague I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 11:20 am

Okay. Cool.
Back to top Go down
Ersher

Ersher

Location : On the run from two of the most beatiful dangerous Fire Nation women I've ever met, Azula & Ty Lee.

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Plague   Children of the Plague I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 8:49 am

Name: Tyrone Johnson
Age (3-12): 12
Appearance: Think of a 12 year old version of my avatar, and you have the appearance my character.
Personality: He's the lone hero type. He can't stand large groups all that much. He has a strong sense of justice.
History: Tyrone grew up in a rough neighborhood, drive-byes and other types of gang activity, he had learned to keep to himself at an early age, because of this he still is reluctant to make actual friends.
Possessions: An old hunting rifle, Go Kart, a blanket, and a cooler.
Other: He doesn't shoot to kill, but he will make sure you can't come back after him for a long time.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Plague   Children of the Plague I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 10:38 am

(Cool. Accepted. I think I will start soon. Maybe today.)
Back to top Go down
Ersher

Ersher

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Plague   Children of the Plague I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 2:26 pm

((Can't wait to get started! Gwee!))
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Plague   Children of the Plague I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 4:30 pm

(Okay. We'll start now.)
Joseph sighed as he walked through the house. It was empty, like a lot of houses were these days. He shoved a few cans of soup into his bag as he raided the pantry. The dead didn't need food, did they? He wondered vaguely if he could catch the virus if he turned 13. He shook his head. He wouldn't. Ever since the adults died, the virus had no host and a virus without hosts burned out quickly.
He gripped his bag as he finished. There was nothing left here. He sighed as he walked out of the house. There was no time to wonder whose house this was. Life went on.
Back to top Go down
Lol Lol Lol

Lol Lol Lol

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Plague   Children of the Plague I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 6:32 pm

"Steven! I'm hungry!" Anne whined.
"Anne, you're gonna have to wait. We're running out of money."
"How can you run out of money? Didn't you get alot from dad?"
Steven sighed. Anne still didn't understand yet. Of course they had enough money, but it was useless now. So he fed her the lie that he was buying things and not stealing them. He sighed and plopped on his couch.

~*~

Hope loaded her Glock. A boy was walking out of a house with some food. Her stomach growled at the thought. Silently she walked over and held the loaded gun to his head. "Drop the food and you'll live." Hope used to be afraid of guns because her father had been a policeman. She had been taught they were useless. But now they were a necessity for life.

Last edited by Lol Lol Lol on Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Plague   Children of the Plague I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 7:09 pm

(Hey, lol. Money's useless without adults. There aren't any businesses or electricity or anything. This is a of post-apocalyptic world. No adults to run businesses or grow food.)
Joseph raised an eyebrow. Sure, he had figured some of the older kids would turn violent, but not this soon. He glared at the girl, "Do it. I know you won't, though. You don't look desperate enough."
Back to top Go down
Lol Lol Lol

Lol Lol Lol

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Plague   Children of the Plague I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 7:23 pm

[[ ... *headpalm* I knew that. ]]

Hope bit her lip. He had nailed her. She lowered the gun and stuck it through an oversized belt loop on her pants. "Look I haven't eaten in two days. Could you at least spare a can?"
Back to top Go down
septus5

septus5

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Plague   Children of the Plague I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 7:30 pm

wow i like this! i'd like to reserve!
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Plague   Children of the Plague I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 7:34 pm

Joseph loooked at her before nodding, "I guess you can have a couple. Do you have a place to stay? You can stay at my house. I estimate that there will be real gangs soon, when kids get really desperate. I could use some protection."
(Okay. Reserving. Just make your profile soon. I'll give you a recap if you'd like.)
Back to top Go down
Lol Lol Lol

Lol Lol Lol

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Plague   Children of the Plague I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 7:52 pm

[[ I edited the last post btw. No more money. x3 ]]

Hope lifted an eyebrow, but went along with it. "Food for protection. Not bad. If you did have some room it would be very nice." She smiled. It had been a while since she had smiled.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Plague   Children of the Plague I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 8:02 pm

"I'm an only child living in a house meant for a family. Of course I have room," Joseph said with a shrug. He held out his hand, "I'm Joseph. Who are you? I haven't seen you around school, at least, when it was still running."
Back to top Go down
Lol Lol Lol

Lol Lol Lol

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Plague   Children of the Plague I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 8:07 pm

"I'm Hope. I'm not from around here." she said as she took Joseph's hand and shook. "Sorry for the erm unpleasant greeting."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Plague   Children of the Plague I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 8:19 pm

"It's fine. What do you mean you're not from around here?" Joseph asked curiously.
Back to top Go down
Lol Lol Lol

Lol Lol Lol

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Plague   Children of the Plague I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 8:42 pm

"I moved when my parents died." Hope said. This wasn't a lie, but it wasn't the entire truth either.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Plague   Children of the Plague I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 9:50 pm

"That was irrational," Joseph said bluntly, "You don't know anyone here. You won't be able to predict their behavior or who's going to be dangerous."
Back to top Go down
Lol Lol Lol

Lol Lol Lol

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Plague   Children of the Plague I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 9:58 pm

"Oh? Usually you can tell you the dangerous ones are. And it also gives me a clean and unknown profile." Hope stated. She readjusted the two guns strapped to her back. Some of the parts were poking into her shoulder blades.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Plague   Children of the Plague I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Children of the Plague
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Worlds Roleplaying :: Roleplaying :: The Roleplay Graveyard-
Jump to: