New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri   Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 4:18 pm

Beatrice mulled over the request for a few minutes and then nodded at the screen.

"I will have some of my people check them out and report back to you in a couple of days," she said, already thinking of who to send to where. "Until then I wish you the best."
-----------
Jackson paced around his small office. He had just heard the daily reports on business productivity and how much food there was and other things he had to know in order to keep his faction in order. Jackson sighed, looking at the paperwork that had to be done, but he was happy when working, so it wouldn't be that bad.

A man entered the room and Jackson looked up at him. It was his advisor Cliff.

"Ah Cliff. What can I help you with?"

"I heard you are planning on going to war with the Morgan Industries. Is that true?"

"Yes."
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri   Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 5:50 pm

(Correct. Hence why they commented that the Morgans were calling them.)

Fredriano

Fredriano frowned as he heard this message from Glorf. "That is true, I suppose... Our species started on another planet, we grew and evolved there for such a long time. But as you no doubt have guessed, that planet is practically inhabitable for us now, hence, we are here."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri   Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 7:14 pm

(Ah, I see. Thought you meant something else. LOL.)

"Sir, the Caretakers are blocking our transmission," a technician reported and Zorac growled, thrusting out his hand and crushing his subordinate's neck in anger. He roared.

"Contact the human Spartans!" he ordered.

Yin Dawn stood before a giant screen in the Temple's Communication Center, waiting patiently for the systems to connect with the Lord's Believers. As he did so, the Prophet pondered the nature of Adelaide Luella.

Her God told her to be kind to everyone, ally and enemy, but the old woman appeared to be violent and disrespectful, both to humans that didn't share her beliefs and the Planet itself. To be sure, she was cared about her own people and humanity in general but she didn't seem to be following her God as well as she should, a fact he pointed out once when he was preaching to her about his Mother.

He grinned a bit as he was told that they were connected to the Lord's Believes Communications.

"The Mother's blessings be upon you," he greeted, bowing to the screen.
Back to top Go down
nando_c_s

nando_c_s

PostSubject: Re: Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri   Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 7:18 pm

“Hello there Katrina. How have things been on your side?” Jack asked while sipping some of his special and only vice, wine.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri   Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 7:43 pm

Katrina

"Whatever reason you called me for, tell me now. I'm in no mood for small talk, and I have another call waiting." Katrina snapped.

Glorf

"This planet is the very reason my people are having a civil war. I cannot explain the details, but Chiron is a important place to my people, for various reasons." Glorf said.

General Narrative

The first warning they had was an unnatural shriek. All activity around the second most prosperous city in the University was halted as people fell to their knees, clutching their ears, doing their best to block out the piercing cry. The creatures that emitted the shriek used the human's pain to their advantage, and struck as the people tried to recover.

Massive monsters shaped like ordinary worms (but far from being like any regular insect or animal) seemed to spring from the earth itself, and attacked the city in waves. They destroyed anything and everything in their way, no matter the resistance the humans put up. Thanks to the University's lack of a strong military, only city police and a small garrison of soldiers were left to deal with the threat, and they were steadily losing their numbers as they tried to fight back.

The desperate commander of the garrison, seeing that there was no hope to beat back the Mind Worms on their own, began to radio back to University headquarters.

"The Mind Worms are attacking! I repeat, the Mind Worms are attacking! We need back up! We can't kill these bastards on our own! We need back--!"

A painful shout was heard by the commander, and the radio went silent.
Back to top Go down
nando_c_s

nando_c_s

PostSubject: Re: Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri   Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 8:21 pm

“As usual, so it seems” Jack answered the question himself followed by a soft chuckle.

“Well you see, I was interested to know if you are going to take action and plan to engage the University in battle. You see, if you are going to it will cause the factions to take sides, which includes me. And even more, if it somehow reaches my shores or seas which as you know I do not want.” The captain replied to Katrina. His expression was now dead serious.
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri   Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 6:01 pm

Fredriano

"Yes? And what would those reasons be?" Fredriano asked, his finger clasping together as he began to grow even more curious. A small red light began to flash under the screen, but Fredriano ignored it for now. After all, what could be more important then making an alliance with the first alien race to ever be dicovered by Humans?
-------------------------------
Adelaide

"Hello Dawn." Adelaide replied as she sat down into her chair.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri   Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 6:16 pm

Glorf

"As I said, I cannot explain these reasons to outsiders. Perhaps, in time, I can reveal more. Now, to cut to the point of this conversation: I would like to establish a trade pact with your faction. You are the most technologically advanced of your species, and you would be valueable allies to my people. Do you accept?" Glorf inquired.

Katrina Russo

"I am not sure yet what my actions against the University will be. Fredriano helped to defend me when I was accused with the murder of the captain, and for that I feel grateful to him. On the other hand, his refusal is not one the Spartan Federation will take lightly. My more extremist advisors scream for war, but I would like to consider all my options before doing something so rash." Katrina answered honestly.
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri   Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 6:24 pm

Fredriano

Fredriano pursed his lips together as he contemplated the Manifold's offer, though he realized it had been one of the better one's as of late. "I believe this would be good for both of our nations, agreed."
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri   Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 6:26 pm

Glorf

"Good. We can work out the details of the trade pack at a later date. I must leave for now. Commodore Glorf out." Glorf signaled to someone off screen, and the communication was cut.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri   Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 7:59 pm

(Hey, you guys mind replying to my guy? The Usurpers are trying to contact the Spartans and the Prophet is trying to talk to the Believers.)
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri   Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:00 pm

((The Usurpers will talk to Katrina once she's done with the Pirates.))
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri   Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:03 pm

(Ah. Sorry. Overlooked that.)
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri   Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:07 pm

(You still have the Morgans call to the Peacekeepers AI, unless it was canceled.)
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri   Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:15 pm

(They never answerds back to what Miranda was saying. Oh, and I spotted Adelaide's reply. Sorry I didn't see that before.)

"Lady Adelaide," Yin Dawn greeted politely, a serene smile on his face. Despite their differences, he bared her no real ill-will. He wouldn't, of course, hesitate to remove her if she threatened his mother. He spoke, "Fewer Dawn-Hawks have been returning from your land back to mine in their yearly migration. My people are growing concerned. They are sacred to the Planet, as you well know."

He folded his hands, waiting for the old woman's answer.
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri   Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:27 pm

Solon/Simeon

Simeon rolled his eyes and was about to speak, but Solon cut him off before he could with a sharp glare. "I see.... and how likely is it that this plan of yours will work? As you know the Peacekeepers believe that Freedom of Speech is a very important thing to have. To cut it, even if it was only partially, would undermine our moral authority." Solon replied diplomatically.
------------------------------------
Adelaide

"To be honest, Yin, I haven't seen any of your Birds near my church. And I'm sure my Flock wouldn't needlessly kill anything unless they were sure it was right in God's eyes." Adelaide replied a classic non-apology.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri   Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:44 pm

"It's simple. Morgan Industries has just managed to acquire a stretch of empty land near the Spartans' homeland. We could cede the land to them if it suits our business interests," Miranda replied with a smirk upon her lovely face, "That should appease them for now."

"In the past, your followers have cut down our sacred forest shrines and other 'false idols'. You understand if I grow concerned about Dawn-Hawks returning in fewer numbers from your lands, Lady Adelaide," Yin Dawn told her diplomatically, "Though, it could be as simple as over-hunting. Regardless, I ask you to keep in mind your God's command to take care of the land."
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri   Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:56 pm

General Narrative

"Sir! We have an emergency!" an aide stated as he burst into the University's leader's room.

"Mind worms are attacking!"
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri   Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:58 pm

Adelaide

"Of course, of course. But you must also remember that God has put man in power over his creation? If I see one of your birds I shall make sure that they are returned to your lands safely, Yin. But I can do nothing more then that." Adelaide replied, feeling a bit angry that Yin had tried to use God's word against her of all people.
-------------------------
Solon/Simeon

"I see....." Solon replied as he began to ponder Miranda's offer. "I will have to get back with you on this, Miranda. After I've talked it over with the rest of my Staff, of course. This is a big decision, peace versus freedom. ...Thank you though, I certainly appreciate how considerate you and your Father are being." Solon replied.

He knew that the Morgans cared little about whether or not the University and Spartans went to war. Unless it somehow put their business in danger they could care less. Such opportunists that they were.
--------------------------
Fredriano
(I'm going to skip about five minutes later, if you don't mind.)
"And you are telling me that all of them are dead?" Fredriano asked in disbelief.

"We still haven't found a single survivor yet, Sir." The Officer replied.

Fredriano sighed loudly in exasperation, swearing under his breath afterward. "Damnit...that was a fourth of the population. Such progress that has no doubt been lost because of this...." He thought, thinking about the statistics more then the lives lost.

"Make sure that you cover up the news, Sir. If any of the other Governments find out about this...no doubt the Spartans will be motivated to take advantage of this...unfortunate situation."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri   Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 4:22 pm

"That is good news, Lady Adelaide," Yin told her with a friendly grin before frowning a bit, "Though, I must disagree with your particular teaching. My Mother loves all Her children alike. All have their role from the greatest Lizard-Hawk to the smallest Mind-Worm. That reminds me, we are having a festival tomorrow for my, what was the Earth-term? Birthday?

"We are honoring my Mother and giving thanks. There is an open invitation for everyone willing to respect Her and Her children."

He smiled serenely, naively believing in his kind invitation to breed goodwill.

"They are are about war," Miranda warned as she ended the call, "You have the authorization codes to contact us should you accept or decline our offer."
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri   Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 7:21 pm

Solon/Simeon

"Of course Miranda...." Solon replied as the screen cut out.

"Man that family is awful." Simeon stated as he stood up.

"Yes, they are extremely self-serving. But that doesn't mean we can't just ignore any offers they have made. Especially when it could stop a war between the Spartans and University." Solon replied as he stood up as well.

"Wait, so you're actually considering this?" Simeon asked in shock as Solon walked past him out of the office.

"Of course I am... I would be foolish not to."
------------------------------------------
Adelaide

"I am sorry Yin, but I cannot participate in the worship of an idol... You do know the Lord's Ten commandments, do you not?"
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri   Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 9:22 pm

"In passing," Yin Dawn admitted, frowning a little, "My mother's not an idol. I talk to her. I feel her presence."
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri   Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:41 pm

(Any place not talking to another?)
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri   Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 3:46 pm

(Well, I think Morgan finished his call with the Data Angles.)
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri   Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 10:02 pm

Adelaide

"Of course you do Yin." Adelaide replied with a condescending smile. "Anyways while this was a lovely conversation, I have my evening message to send out to the people in five minutes. God bless." Adelaide suddenly replied before cutting the call.

"Poor boy...."
-------------------------
Solon/Simeon

Solon and Simeon sat together in a large and round room. Solon was currently looking over statistics on the Spartan's and Universitie's Military power and weaponry.

"Two of the strongest nations.... Pirates would easily side with the Spartans.... Morgan probably would prefer University survive, for their pockets sake, but it's obvious they wont get involved. Adelaide's group, Dawn's Cult, The Data Angels, and the Peacekeeper's will all stay neutral, unless something unexpected happens. Free Drones would most certainly side with the University if they were pulled into this mess. And, considering that their borders are directly north of the University's Capital, it's likely that they will get involved. The Consciousness and Hive are....wild cards in this potential war." Solon recited after reading it over.

"Oh who cares, we both know that at this point a clash between the Spartans and University will be bad for everyone. Neutral or not." Simeon commented.

"So are you suggesting that I take the Morgan's deal?" Solon asked as he looked back at his Husband. To be honest, Solon was hoping that Simeon, well anyone really, would tell him what to do. He ahted having to make this decision.

"No. I'm suggesting that we up the security around our borders. I mean, with those Aliens out there things were already pretty dangerous."

"Simeon, they haven't even done anything yet. We have no idea-"

"Exactly. We have no idea what they will do. That makes them a huge threat." Simeon replied after clapping his hands together for emphasis.

"Cynicism isn't going to help us."

"We need to be realistic and pragmatic Solon, especially with how ****** things are getting."

Suddenly, a knock came at the door before being opened shortly afterward. four people, two women and two men, walked into the room.

"You summoned the representatives? Solon, can't you make a decision by yourself for once?" Simeon hissed as the people took their seats.

Solon ignored Simeon though and simply stood up before passing out a file that was identical to the one that he had just been reading. "Hello everyone. As you all no doubt know, the University and Spartans are on the brink of a war that could easily harm everyone on this Planet." Solon stated as the Representatives opened up the Folders and began to read.

"But the Morgans...have a solution. But they will not act out with it unless we change our nation's laws and cut our freedom of speech so that nothing negative can be stated about their country."

"It's a company, Solon." Simeon interjected, earning him an annoyed look.

"Yes, thank you Sir Daichi.""Of course, President Daichi." Solon and Simeon to each other, a smirk on one man's face and a look of annoyance on the other.

"So is that you have called us Mister President? To vote on this issue?" One of the older representatives asked as he closed the file before him.

"Yes, Representative Jones. That is exactly why I called you. But first, we should discuss this issue thoroughly. Now does anyone have any questions?" Solon answered as he sat down, beginning what would be a very long meeting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri   Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Worlds Roleplaying :: Roleplaying :: The Roleplay Graveyard-
Jump to: