New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Succession: Heir to the Empire

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Alec
Admin
Alec

Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 12:11 am

Kegan

"True, that certainly makes life easier."
--------------------
Brighe

Brighe lagged behind as she began to walk with Epiphany. "I want to thank you, for helping me find my Nephew. I couldn't have done it without you." Brighe said as she extended her hand.
--------------------
Katie

"C.C. ...Don't. Know one would have guessed that Rhys could have... I mean I.... It's not your fault. It's all of ours. Mine, Caesar's, Rhys's, the Empire's.... You were just trying to help her." Katie said as she avoided eye contact with the Mage, knowing it would just cause her to cry again.
--------------------
Carlisle

Carlisle turned back to look at the tunnel, a wistful expression on his face. "He's going to be even worse then when he first arrived at the Castle...." Carlisle said as he remembered how the Humage had slaughtered Children and flirted with the idea of raping Servants.

"Well then, we'll just have to be strong enough to hold him back." Carlisle stated decisively as a steely glint came into his eyes.
Back to top Go down
roman_tic_kataang

roman_tic_kataang

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 7:16 am

"You're welcome Brighe." Epiphany said feeling proud that she was able to help Brighe find her nephew and bring him to safety. "I do hope this will be the last of the challenges. Do you think Tsuba survived the collapse. Epiphany asked as they were nearing the Observatory.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:59 am

Maul

"We shall see. Only time can tell what will happen next," Maul said, looking back at the cavern briefly.

Rein, Syrien

"Shall we go to Lord Baruti, then? I am curious to see who he thinks the winner should be." Syrien suggested.

C.C.

"You're...right. Listen, Katie. If you ever need me, if you ever need to...talk to someone, I'll be there for you. I'll always be there for you, Katie. I couldn't be there for Susanna when she needed me most, but I will be there for you." C.C. declared before bringing Katie into a hug. It took the Mage's entire willpower not to cry again then in there.

In theory, she should be used to all this. People she got too close to eventually died sooner or later, whether by war, disease, famine, or simply just old age...but...

Each time it happened, it still hurt as much as it had the first time.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 3:09 pm

After what felt like hours of walking in slow motion as the cavern shook around them, they reached the exit that led back into the Observatory. Baruti, no doubt, would have seen the whole thing through his Scrying, Nebi noted. The old Steward probably found the whole event amusing.

Nebi sighed, "Let's see what's next with our adventure," he noted. He turned to Katie and presented Susanna's body to her, "We'll need to bury her first, though."

(I think now would be the perfect time for Tsuba to make her move, Magus.)
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 4:54 pm

Carlisle

"Well, you came out of here with two out of the three targets. Lets go watch Baruti declare you the winner." Carlisle said as he tried to change the subject to something a tad more lighthearted.
-------------------------------
Kegan

"Yeah, lets go." Kegan agreed.
Katie

Katie hugged C.C. tightly in return, glad that she at least had someone left in the world for her. "Of course....I'd really. I need that." She replied before releasing the Mage.

Katie flinched and looked away after Nebi showed her Susanna's body. Though she nodded in reply immediately afterward.
--------------------------------
Rhys

Rhys quickly walked into the Observatory. He wanted to go straight to bed, but first, first he would have to check in with Baruti so he could at least be told whether or not he would get his job back.
----------------------------------
Brighe

"I don't really know. I never really met the girl, so I can't tell you whether or not I think she's strong enough to survive something like that." Brighe answered truthfully.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 5:04 pm

C.C.

C.C. took Susanna's body from Nebi and lead Katie toward the spot she had suggested for the grave. She set Susanna near the ground, closed her eyes, and conjured up a shovel. It took her awhile, but the Mage finally finished digging the grave. She deposited Susanna into the hole, again trying not to cry while she did so. C.C. turned to Katie.

"Do you...have anything to say before I finish?"

Servant

"Lord Baruti, we have a problem. There's a situation in the capital." Baruti's personal servant said, approaching the master magi.
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 5:12 pm

Katie

Katie took a step towards the grave as she looked down at it. "s'Anna....I'm sorry. Because of my naive attitude, and because I trusted Kaleb when I shouldn't have, and because I trusted Rhys......you're dead. I suppose you should know that I will not be avenging you. I'm not going to try and kill everyone who I think had a hand in your death...because there would be no point. I kind of wish you had realized this too....But whatever." Katie said before wiping a few tears off of her face as she began to get choked up again.

"You should know though...I'll continue living for you. I wont forget you, no matter what. And I can only pray to the Gods...that that's enough."
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 5:25 pm

C.C.

C.C. wiped away some of her own tears and picked up her shovel. She filled up Susanna's grave, trying not to break down sobbing while doing so. She finished a few minutes later, and left the shovel in the pile of moved earth, as a marker of sorts. After staring down at the grave, C.C. forced herself to turn away.

"Come on, Katie. We...we should leave."
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 7:42 pm

Katie

"Ok...." Katie responded before turning away from the grave and grabbing onto C.C.'s hand. Squeezing tightly for a second as she tried to comfort the Mage.
--------------------
Rhys

Rhys quietly walked into the main room of the Observatory. He noticed that something had gone, considering how the Servants around the Steward were acting. But Rhys tried to pay little attention to that.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:06 pm

C.C.

"Funny," C.C. mused with a wistful chuckle. "I should really be the one comforting you in this situation, not the other way around."

Rein

"Somethings seems to be up." Rein noted as they walked into the observatory. The servants Baruti had brought were running to and forth, all abuzz about something. Syrien remained silent about the odd behavior.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:11 pm

"Of course," Baruti muttered, looking away from the Scrying Pool and turning to face his servant, "These games have gone long enough. The nobles get out of hand without an Emperor beheading a couple now and then."

He frowned and continued, "What is the situation?"

Nebi had a solemn look about him as he watched Susanna be committed to the gods. This wasn't his first funeral and it probably wouldn't be his last. Still, it was a shame it had to end like this. He definitely wasn't going to trust Rhys after this.

He gripped C.C.'s other hand and told her, "You were her friend. You would be sad to see her go like this. I don't think anyone can be immune to loss."
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:16 pm

Katie

Katie nodded her head in agreement with Nebi. "Besides, this is helping me too. It's not like we can't comfort each other after all...." Katie pointed out as they walked up the hill.
----------------------
Kegan

Kegan squinted his eyes as he saw the Servants rushing about. "Maybe Baruti's already announced his decision?"
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:40 pm

C.C.

"That's true." C.C. said to the both of them. "I'm glad to have the both of you as friends, even though I don't deserve it."

Servant

"It's Heir Tsuba. She's..."

"Greetings, loyal subjects of the Empire!"

Tsuba's voice boomed across the area. It could be heard by everyone, everywhere in the Gaborian Empire. No doubt through the power of several dozen Humages, too.

"As of today, your new Empress have been chosen! With the support of all the Grand Generals, I, Tsuba, claim the throne of the Gaborian Empire. In the Laws of Gaboria, Amendment Twenty, Clause Seventy-one, paragraph five, the Grand Generals are hereby declared to 'have the authority to support a candidate for Emperor, should the previous Emperor not have a son or daughter. They must all support said candidate unanimously, and without disput'. Thus, on this day, by the power of all five Grand Generals, Empress Tsuba is crowned!"

After a short silence, another voice rang out. "All hail your new leader, Empress Tsuba!"

"All hail Tsuba!"

"All hail Tsuba!"

"All hail the Empress!"

"All hail Empress Tsuba!"

The additional voices, presumably those of the five Grand Generals, continued to sing the praises of Tsuba. A soft chuckling could be heard through the shouting. That of Tsuba, no doubt.

"It's too late..." the servant whispered.

Last edited by Magus1108 on Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:51 pm

Katie

"Don't say that, C.C. We're all deserving of each-" Katie said as she tried to reassure her friend, only to be cut off by Tsuba's voice.
----------------------
Rhys

Rhys eyes grew wide for a second as he heard the declaration. The Captain quickly turned around and left the room before Baruti would start killing others to get over his anger. Rhys was, surprisingly, satisfied with the results. Tsuba would be similar to the Emperor's of old, she would keep everything stable, at least.
-----------------------
Kegan

Kegan stopped in shock as he heard the announcement, turning to Rein just to see if she was hearing the same thing he was.

"Well....I'm done."
-----------------------
Carlisle

Carlisle stopped on the cliffside as he heard Tsuba's declaration. The Doctor sat in place as he tried to let his mind process what was happening, but unfortunately, it could not.
------------------------
Clara

Clara stood a few yards behind Tsuba, a smirk on her face as the announcement traveled across the Empire. The girl had done everything she could to help Tsuba's plan come to fruition, and now, well now it would all be worth it.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 9:13 pm

"Damn it..." was all that Nebi could say as he heard the echoing of Tsuba's voices as well as the Generals. How much power had it taken for Tsuba to project her voice like this. If it was throughout the Empire, it would require several humages and possibly.... Blood Magic.

Nebi almost shivered at the thought. Blood Magic could increase the potency of any spell, but it usually required at least one life and Tsuba was ruthless enough to sacrifice many lives for her goals.

"Why do I get the feeling I'm about to join Susanna?" he asked allowed.

Few things ever stunned Baruti into silence. One surefire way was a display of true selflessness for no other reason than for someone's well-being. The other was being taken by surprised and the Magi hated being taken by surprise.

On one hand, he was impressed by Tsuba's resourcefulness. She went behind his back and used an old, unused law to achieve power and he had no choice to accept. On the other hand, he was angry that he hadn't thought of this himself. The old Steward began to smile, however. True, the Emperor's Spirit would be displeased with a female form, but that could be easily remedied. Tsuba earned the honor of one last challenge, one that would determine who would control her body.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 9:23 pm

C.C.

"Well..." C.C. was stunned into silence by Tsuba's bold declaration. "This is...problamatic."

Rein, Syrien

"As of now, all of the other supposed 'Heirs' are to be considered dangerous rebels to the Gaborian Empire, and are to be confined and imprisoned on sight."

Syrien continued to remain silent, even after Tsuba's second declaration. Reluctantly, he turned to Kegan.

"I...I am deeply and truly sorry, Kegan. But...as the Empress' personal slave, I have no other choice but to take you into custody. Her wishes are my command."

"What?!" Rein whirled around to Syrien, shock and surprise on her face. "Syrien, you can't!"

Maul

"Well, this presents a conflict of interests." Maul murmured, glancing at Carlisle.
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 9:29 pm

Brighe

Brighe turned to Epiphany. "I think you need to run now, I'll provide a suitable distraction." Brighe answered before she began running up the hill to find her Nephew.
---------------------
Kegan

"I understand, Syrien." Kegan replied as he let his arm slide off of Rein's shoulder. "But that does not mean that I'm going to comply with your orders. I'll play the part Tsuba's assigned me." He replied before whispering a few words and causing a strong force of wind to blow between Syrien and Rein and Kegan.
----------------------
Carlisle

Carlisle nodded grimly in agreement. "What do you want to do now?"
-----------------------
Katie

"Well this isn't that difficult a decision. We can run, right?" Katie asked, unaware of C.C.'s status as a Slave to the Empire.

Last edited by Alec on Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 9:38 pm

Nebi turned to C.C. and frowned, knowing the compulsion placed upon his lover to obey Tsuba.

"Wait. She only said confined and imprisoned. She didn't say, "well", did she?" he asked his lover with a mischievous grin, "So technically, a cage made of, I don't know, vines will work, will it not?"

Baruti frowned and turned to the guards, "Well? What are you waiting for. You heard the new Empress. Find the Heirs and capture them. Alive."

He smirked to himself. If the Heirs were strong, then they'd be able to escape and challenge the Empire, making it stronger in its inevitable victory over them. Or, an Heir would succeed in gaining the throne and an even stronger Emperor would reign. That was the decree of the gods since Gaboria became an Empire.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 9:44 pm

C.C.

"Nebi, Baruti's guards will be here any minute. You must run. I...cannot go with you, I'm afraid. You may not know this Katie, but I'm bound to serve the Empire, Tsuba included." C.C. admitted, averting her eyes from her lover. Well, as if Susanna's death wasn't enough, this happened now?!

Rein

"Wait, Kegan!" Rein shouted as the wind tore them apart. She struggled against it, trying to walk toward her fiance. "I'm not going to leave you! I don't care if you're a fugitive or not, take me with you!"

Maul

"The Order of the Shadows is bound to serve the Emperor, whoever it may be. As a member of the Order, I must serve Tsuba. I am...sorry, Carlisle. If you do not wish to be imprisoned by me, you must run."
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 9:50 pm

Carlisle

Carlisle bit his lip as it finally hit him. His life was now over. "....No, turn me in. Doesn't matter. Besides, it might even get you some points with Tsuba." Carlisle stated as he tried to hold back his emotions. The Doctor slowly stood up and held his hands out so Maul could bind them.
--------------------------
Kegan

Kegan bit his lip as he looked at Rein, she was so close...it would be easy to just pull her with him. But then what kind of life would she have? If he took her with him, the Empire would want her too. They would kill her....

Kegan shook his head before shouting,"I love you Rein." He replied before quickly turning around and running away into the Forest.
----------------------------
Katie

"B-....So you have to....?" Katie asked, dumbfounded by the new information C.C. had told her.
-----------------------------
Rhys

Rhys quickly changed his armor and weaponry as he prepared himself for the chase that would surely ensue as he tried to catch the Heirs. So much had changed in just an hour...
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 9:57 pm

"I understand," Nebi murmured, looking into C.C.'s eyes. She was so beautiful, even in this dark. Moment. Quickly, he grabbed her and kissed her deeply, making sure to memorize her mouth before letting go.

"I love you," he told her quietly. With that said and nod to Katie, he allowed fire to blossom in both hands, first one and then the other. He smiled sadly and clapped them together, disappearing in a whirlwind of flames that somehow didn't burn anything: a new teleportation spell.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 10:12 pm

C.C.

"Nebi!" C.C. called out, but it was already too late. He was gone. Again, the Mage did her best to fight away any tears, but a few managed to escape, trailing down her face. She clenched her fists in anger.

"Damn you Tsuba!"

Rein, Syrien

"Kegan!" Rein cried out as he disappeared. Once the wind died down, she started running toward the forest, but Syrien held her back.

"Let me go!" she yelled, trying to shake loose from his iron grip. The Elf shook his head sadly.

"I cannot, Rein. He left you for a reason. Kegan did not want you to suffer. He will lead the rest of his life on the run. He did not want that life for you."

Rein continued to struggle against her father, but she saw the reasoning behind his words. Finally she stopped, burying her face in Syrien's chest as she started to cry.

Maul

"If it means anything to you, Carlisle, even though your time as my Vassal has been short...I am honored to consider you a 'friend'." Maul said. After a reluctant pause, he began to bind Carlisle's hands.
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 10:36 pm

Brighe

Brighe ran up to the Observatory as quickly as she could, only to stop as she Rein and Syrien. The Elf slowed down as she got closer to them. "So he's already gone?" She asked. The Elf already knew the answer as she saw how Rein was crying, but she simply stood in place and calmly accepted it.
----------------------------
Katie

Katie gripped onto C.C.'s hand tightly before she moved in front of the Mage. She could tell that all C.C. wanted to do was cry, now that Susanna, Nebi, and in a sense, Rhys were all gone. The only people either of them had was each other now. "Hey.... He'll survive...."
-----------------------------
Carlisle

Carlisle winced as the metal clasped around his wrists. "Likewise...."
------------------------------
Kegan

Kegan continued to run through the Forest as quickly as possible, tears streaming down his face as he maneuvered through the trees. He was already light-headed because of his wound, but what had just happened.... The tears were even worse then the slowly bleeding cut.
Clara

"Well congratulations Tsuba. General Aaron would certainly be impressed." Clara said as she balanced a large goblet of wine in her hand.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 10:53 pm

Syrien

"Yes, he is gone." Syrien answered solemnly. He continued to hold Rein to his chest as she cried. "She wanted to go with him. But he wouldn't let her."

C.C.

"I...I know. That's just like him. He lived through poverty, but he survived that. But...I wish I could go with him." C.C. said, looking away.

Tsuba

"Indeed, that he would. A shame he hasn't lived to see my crowning. Oh well." Tsuba said, giving an evil smirk. She took a sip of the wine in her hand.
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 11:04 pm

Brighe

Brighe walked over to Syrien and Rein, putting her hand on Rein's back as she awkwardly tried to comfort the girl. "Don't worry. You'll no doubt see him again someday....one way or another." Brighe said, thinking the last part to herself as she looked up at Syrien.
------------------------------------
Carlisle

Carlisle followed Maul up to the Observatory, silently crying as he walked behind the Kaleesh and contemplated how he would be punished just for existing. As the Doctor neared the entrance of the Observatory, he looked back for one long last time, not knowing that this would be the last time he would be seeing trees and clouds for over two years.
--------------------------------------
Katie

"Hey, don't give up. I'm staying with you...I promise I wont leave you, C.C. We can take care of each other." Katie said before she quickly hugged the Mage.
----------------------------------------
Clara

"Well then, the Ceremony is going to start in a few minutes." Clara noted as she looked at the crowd of people waiting below the balcony Tsuba was standing on. "Looks like it'll be a fun party."

((For some reason I can really hear this song in my head during this part. Seems fitting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Heir to the Empire   Succession: Heir to the Empire - Page 12 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Succession: Heir to the Empire
Page 12 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next