New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe) Empty
PostSubject: Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe)   Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 4:08 pm

The Land of the Dead has always been a point of interest among mortals. Time on earth is so short and it is only natural that they ponder about where they go at the end of their short lives. People have learned a few things. The Netherworld is the abode of old gods, spirits, demons, and other creatures as well as the dead. The Netherworld is ever-changing and eternal. It shall exist long after the earth passes away. There are also ways to enter it...

On Halloween night, the barrier between worlds is at its weekest and a certain cave known only to the locals of the small town near it can become a gateway to the next world if one invokes the right phrase: Ab initio ad fundum, "From the Beginning to the End."

Now, a group of teenage friends are about to try this old superstition, with no idea about how it works...

Rules
No Mary-Sues or Gary-Stus.
No god-modding.
Please post at least 2-3 sentences per post.
Romance is allowed.
Good spelling and grammar please.
You mayve have as many characters as you want, but you have to be able to manage them.

Character Profile
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
History:
Other:

Note: This is connected to previous roleplays like "Real Terror", but one doesn't have to have participated in them to join.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe)   Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 4:18 pm

Name: Thomas Stine
Appearance: Thomas has jet black hair and icey blue eyes. He tends to dress in blacks and reds and doesn't smile alot unless he's among friends.
Personality: Thomas is a shy, but loyal young man and has shown to be courageous in the right situations. Among friends, he often jokes and is sarcastic and generally goes along with what they want to do.
History: Thomas has known friends like Taryn and Lily since he was little and has lived alone with his dad ever since he could remember. He doesn't know his mother, but he enjoys it when his grandfather visits. Recently, much to his his surprise, he found out that his grandfather was Death itself, which explained his bony appearance and sporadic visits
Other: Thomas carries with him a scythe with a dark blade emblazoned with mysterious runes and a black handle with a crimson tassel attached to it. His Grandfather gave it to him and explained it was invisible and passed through those who he termed "mundane".
Back to top Go down
Abeiya

PostSubject: Re: Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe)   Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 4:45 pm

Name: Taryn (Tair-in) Winter
Appearance: Usually wears a fitted t-shirt, usually darker in color and jeans with boots (most often with heels, despite her tall stature). Dark brown hair with one red streak on the right side. Hoodie of some sort always worn or tied around her waist. Hispanic.
Personality/History: Taryn is good under pressure, there are only a handful of things that freak her out. She doesn’t smile much, unless among friends, and it often makes her look a bit intimidating. She has deemed Thomas and Lily her lifelong friends, since she has known them since she moved to Amity, when she was five years old. Her accent has faded almost completely, it is only evident when she is angry. Taryn doesn’t back down unless it’s a dumb idea not to, she’s intelligent and perceptive. She is kind to those who are close to her and polite toward elders and most strangers. Her father died when she was 12 of cancer and after that her mother started to work almost all the time, so her little sister became much more dependent on her. Her grandmother is a witch and Taryn inherited that trait, but it hasn’t affected her yet.
Other: Taryn has a bracelet that she’s had every since she could remember that seemed to grow and adjust automatically, as she did. Its purpose is unknown to her.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe)   Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 4:50 pm

Accepted. Good to see your profile up, Abeiya. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe)   Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 5:18 pm

Name: Charlie Whittask
Appearance: https://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd40/PainfulxLies/Neon%20Knight/?action=view&current=Tului.jpg
Personality/History: Charlie is a hyper girl. She loves to have fun and be with her friends. She tends to get into arguements about things and is very smart for her age. Independent and stubborn she doesn't let people push her around. She is short for her age. Charlie grew up with an older brother who taught her how to be tough and she really looks up to him. After he moved out to go to college(he's nine years older than her), she lacked onto her friends, mainly Hanyer who is like an older brother to her.
Other: Carries her stuffed pig named George in her backpack sometime.

Name: Hanyer Abils
Appearance: https://media.photobucket.com/image/anime%20boy/AkemiLydia/Anime/f09c.jpg
Personality/History: Hanyer is a shy, kind boy. He enjoys reading and hanging out in the coffee cafe. He still enjoys spending time with his friends. He'd do anything to get away from his parents who insist he act more "man-ly". He has two older siblings, an older brother in college and an older sister in her senior year. He likes his sister more who sympathys with him. Hanyer feels closest to Charlie, who is like a younger sister. He met her after she helped him with some bullies. She admires Charlie's outgoingness and strength.
Other: He's bisexual, but has told no one.
Back to top Go down
Abeiya

PostSubject: Re: Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe)   Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 5:21 pm

Thanks, ai! Smile
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe)   Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 5:29 pm

Accepted Toko, good to see you here too. And You're welcome Abeiya. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe)   Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 5:37 pm

Thanks almost. I missed this rpg.
Back to top Go down
zukoscrazyfangirl

zukoscrazyfangirl

PostSubject: Re: Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe)   Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 11:37 pm

Name:Lily Tesla
Appearance: Blonde hair to the bottom of her shoulderblades, Usually either wears a tunic shirt and leggings with boots, or a T-shirt, ripped jeans, and chuck taylor's, but really anything comfortable is good. She has icy blue eyes and contacts. She is about 5'6" and weighs about 110 pounds.
Personality: Spirited, strange, she picks on her friends, but she isn't usually mean, she is stronger than she looks and enjoys horseback riding ((Of course, only the talking kind >Very Happy ))
History: Her parents split up and so she spends every other weekend with her father, andwhen with her mother, she ususally tries to spend the night away from home. her parents are nice, but she is angry because of the divorce and is trying to alienate herself from them. She has been best friends with most of the gang since Kindergarten, and most others since an.... incident... when she was fifteen.
Other: She always carries Tarot cards with her and a pocketknife. ((I'm changiong from vamp to something else this time, dont know what yet.))

((MY RP haunts the forums! It shall never dieeeee!))
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe)   Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 1:27 am

(Accepted. And I'm afraid you've started a roleplay that is immortal. We shall start now! Very Happy)

Thomas Stine stood in front of the cave, waiting for the others. He sighed as he thought about Lily's latest idea. Who else would have suggested it? She was pretty much the de facto leader of their group. He gripped the scythe strapped to his back. He didn't know about this. He had only been to parts of the Netherworld with his Grandfather. Assuming this superstition was true, they'd be there alone. Still, it probably wasn't. People just came up with stupid superstitions all the time.
Back to top Go down
Abeiya

PostSubject: Re: Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe)   Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 9:41 am

Taryn adjusted the strings on her hoodie as she walked through the woods toward the cave. She felt the handle of the knife strapped to her leg and slid it out of the sheath about an inch. It slid easily, the way she wanted it to. It was a precaution; this was the first time she'd ever gone to the Netherworld and she didn't want to be completely defenseless. The legends may or may not have been accurate, after all. She soon saw Thomas standing in front of the cave, waiting. She walked up to him, smiling, "Hello."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe)   Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 10:38 am

Thomas smiled upon seeing his childhood crush and in greeting wrapped an arm around her and kissed her on the cheek, "Hi yourself. So, what are you doing this late at night at a creepy dark cave?"
Back to top Go down
Abeiya

PostSubject: Re: Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe)   Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:33 am

Taryn blushed quite hard when she felt Thomas' lips on her cheek, but she pretended not to be flustered. She put on a sly grin and replied, "Lookin' for trouble."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe)   Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 12:48 pm

"Hmm... Well, you've found it. You know how your uncle feels about me," Thomas teased her, kissing her cheek again, this time catching the corner of her mouth.
Back to top Go down
Abeiya

PostSubject: Re: Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe)   Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 2:29 pm

Taryn laughed at that statement, playfully pushing Thomas away. "Yes, because my uncle has such a great sense of danger. You're about as threatening as a puppy," she said, winking at him.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe)   Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 2:36 pm

Hanyer, with Charlie in tow, walked up to the mouth of the cave. He saw Thomas's and Taryn's interaction and bit back his jealousy. He remained quiet as well, but Charlie didn't. With Prinny, some kind of bird summon, she rushed over to the pair.

"Hey guys," she cried beaming. Prinny gave a "kweet kweet" flapping around the girl's head.

(Going to keep Charlie as a summoner and Hanyer as a....human.)
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe)   Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 3:01 pm

"Hey Charlie," Thomas told the girl with a grin, scratching Prinny a little on the head before nodding at Hanyer. He was aware that he liked Taryn as well and was grateful that Taryn chose him. He still felt a bit of a rivalry with the other boy, though he wished to be friends with him.
Back to top Go down
Abeiya

PostSubject: Re: Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe)   Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 3:07 pm

Taryn waved to both Charlie and Hanyer, "Hey, you two," she said, smiling. Her head tilted to the side as she looked at Prinny with interest, "Hello,..." she said, in a tone that suggested she was thinking aloud, without realizing it, as she stroked Prinny's head for a moment.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe)   Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 3:09 pm

Hanyer moved forward nodding back at Thomas. He gave Taryn a small smile.

"Hey you guys."

Charlie was oblivious to the tense feeling between the boys. Looking at the cave she felt a little nervous instead.

"It's kind of dark isn't it."

Hanyer looked at his young friend. He was very protective of the girl and even though she had powers and he was just a plain human. He put a hand on her shoulder reassuring her.

"Don't worry about it."

Prinny kweeted at Taryn and nudged her hand as he stroked his head indicating that he liked it.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe)   Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 3:14 pm

Thomas smiled kindly at the young girl, "It's probably just a cave. You don't have to in if you don't want to. How are your summons doing?"

He absentmindedly scratched the creature's head again, hoping to reassure the girl with a fun topic.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe)   Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 3:17 pm

"Good," she replied brightly. She petted Prinny's neck absentmindly. "I haven't been able to summon anything big, but I'm getting better at it."

"She hasn't been passing out either," Hanyer added. He was usually around when she tried something.
Back to top Go down
Abeiya

PostSubject: Re: Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe)   Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 3:44 pm

"Well, that's good," Taryn said. She looked into the mouth of the cave and the tiny hairs on the back of the rose. A shiver ran through her spine. The cave gave her an odd feeling. She silently agreed with what Charlie had said before. It most certainly was dark.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe)   Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 3:53 pm

"Are you okay?" Thomas asked Taryn, taking her hand in his when she saw her shiver a little, "You can borrow my coat if you'd like."

He turned around and nodded at Charlie, "That's awesome. You're getting better!"
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe)   Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 3:59 pm

Hanyer looked away from the pair and focused his attention on Charlie. She seemed more involved in her conversations though.

"I know. Maybe someday I'll be a...I think I was told it was a High Summoner. But probably not for a long time."

Charlie had learned from her grandmother about her powers after discovering them. She was told that every generation or so someone would gain summoning powers. Her father didn't, but her grandmother was a High Summoner.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe)   Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 4:23 pm

"That sounds very powerful," Thomas commented, trying to imagine what that would be like. How many creatures could a High Summoner summon? What kinds could they summon? He smiled wryly, "It seems this town has knack for the supernatural."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe)   Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Into the Netherworld (Real Terror Universe)
Page 1 of 24Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 24  Next