New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay)

Go down 
+4
hogaki
TokoToTheEnd
rcox1995
almostinsane99
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay) Empty
PostSubject: Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay)   Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 6:27 pm

The Kingdom of Avuvia, the young Kingdom of the Humans, and Eldaela, the Forest Kingdom of the Elves IronFuge, the Mountain Kingdom of the Dwarves, the Orc Tribes have been at an all-out war with each other for over a century. No one knows why, though each people blame the others for the start of the war. Throughout this century-long conflict there has been heroism, tragedy, treachery alliances formed, and alliances broken. It seemed like the war would kill everyone.

After 100 years of fighting, the Elven King of Eldaela proposed a plan for peace. After weeks of intense negotiation, a Treaty was signed, but there wasn't guarantee this would stop the war. Attempts were made at peace before and they failed so the Elven King proposed another idea. The Royal Familes of each kingdom have become large in order to ensure an able heir was at hand incase one or more was killed in battle. So, it was proposed that each Royal Family send three of their princesses, one for each rival kingdom, to be married by a former enemy prince so that no people will restart the war.

This, of course, sparked intense debate among the leaders of the three other races, but, in the end, they agreed. No one could fight anymore. Thus, each kingdom will welcome three foreign princesses to be wed to three native princes. As time goes on though, can this plan for peace actually work?

Rules
No god-modding
Please post at least 2-3 sentences per posts.
Keep this PG-13.
Cursing is allowed but nothing too graphic.
Romance is, of course, encouraged.
Magic exists, but don't make your character too powerful even if they do possess magic.
Multiple characters are ENCOURAGED. There is no limit on the amount of characters you can have as long as you can handle them.

Humans

King: almostinsane99
Older Prince: TokoToTheEnd
Middle Prince: Nightmare13
Youngest Prince: almostinsane99
Older Princess:
Middle Princess: Lol Lol Lol
Younger Princess: Magus1108

Elves

Queen: Magus1108
Older Prince: hogaki
Middle Prince: rcox1995
Youngest Prince: Magus1108
Older Princess: Lol Lol Lol
Middle Princess: TokoToTheEnd
Younger Princess:

Dwarves

King: Lol Lol Lol
Older Prince: almostinsane99
Middle Prince:
Youngest Prince:
Older Princess:
Middle Princess:
Younger Princess: Lol Lol Lol

Orcs
Chieftain:
Older Prince:
Middle Prince:
Youngest Prince: TokoToTheEnd
Older Princess:
Middle Princess:
Younger Princess:

Character Profile

Name:
Race:
Role:
Promised to:
Appearance:
Personality:
History:
Other:

Note: For simplicity's sake, the oldest prince of one race will marry the oldest princess of another race and so on.

Pairings So Far
Middle Human Prince > Middle Dwarf Princess
Youngest Orc Prince > Youngest Human Princess
Middle Dwarf Prince > Middle Elf Princess
Oldest Human Prince > Oldest Elf Princess
Youngest Elf Prince > Youngest Dwarf Princess
Youngest Human Prince > Youngest Orc Princess
Middle Elf Prince > Middle Human Princess
Middle Human Princess> Middle Orc Prince

Last edited by almostinsane99 on Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:16 pm; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down
rcox1995

rcox1995

PostSubject: Re: Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay)   Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 6:36 pm

OOC: I reserve.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay)   Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 6:40 pm

Okay, cool. Reserve who?
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay)   Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 6:41 pm

I feel the urge to join this. I can juggle 20....million rpgs. XD

I reserve the oldest human prince, the middle elf princess and the youngest orc prince.
Back to top Go down
rcox1995

rcox1995

PostSubject: Re: Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay)   Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 6:42 pm

OOC: Umm....I'll go with the Middle Prince for the....Elves.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay)   Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 6:47 pm

Okay. Reserving.

Name: King Lyons
Race: Humans
Role: Human King
Promised to: No one.
Appearance: http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs12/i/2006/292/2/2/Lonesome_King_by_MischievousMartian.jpg
Personality: Lyons is a stern and suspicious man, but he does care about his people immensely and is kind to his family in his own way.
History: Lyons became King of Avuvia when he was relatively young, at 17 because of his father dieing in battle. Though young, he had proven to be a good ruler and an able tactician, surviving along with his kingdom throughout the war. When the Elf King's plan was proposed, he initially rejected it, but he was forced to recognize the logic in it and reluctantly sacrificed, in his eyes, his three daughters into marriage with the sons of his former enemies. He is, however, still suspicious of the other kingdoms.
Other:

Name: Eol
Race: Human
Role: Youngest Human Prince
Promised to: Youngest Orc Princess
Appearance: http://th07.deviantart.net/fs7/300W/i/2005/176/e/3/Chinese_prince_by_heise.jpg
Personality: Eol has always been a kind, thoughtful young man. He has been shown to be a bit light-hearted though he is often quiet and reserved. He is also very interested in magic, which he has a knack for,
History: Eol grew up as the youngest prince in the Kingdom of Avuvia. He has been allowed more freedom to choose which subjects to study in his education more than his brothers since his father knew he wouldn't have to be king, but Eol has been trained for combat incase he ever needed to goto war. Now that the he's getting married, he's a little nervous, but doesn't voice his worries allowed. He does, however, show that he misses his sisters.
Other:

Name: Gilkas Stoneheart
Race: Dwarf
Role: Olderst Dwarf Prince
Promised to: (will fill out later)
Appearance: http://esopo.deviantart.com/art/Dwarf-14077321
Personality: Gilkas is gruff and stubborn, but he truly has a heart of gold. He doesn't think much about things outside of his princely duties, crafting objects, and battle.
History: Gilkas grew up as the eldest son of the King of the Dwarves, making him, of course, the heir to the kingdom. He has since studied what he needed to in order to fulfill his duties as the heir. Throughout the war, he has been in a few battles, facing off against all three of the other races. Now that peace has been made, he is unconcerned about his upcoming marriage. He doesn't think it'd affect him much.
Other:

Last edited by almostinsane99 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
hogaki

hogaki

PostSubject: Re: Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay)   Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 7:42 pm

Reserving oldest elf prince if thats all right.

Last edited by hogaki on Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay)   Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 8:17 pm

That's fine. Reserving.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay)   Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 8:29 pm

I'd like to reserve the ruler of the Elves and the young prince of the elves. Oh, and instead of a king, can the Elves be ruled by a Queen? I know it says king in the summary, but I wanted to know if this would be alright. Oh, and I'll reserve the Middle Princess of the humans. That's all for now.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay)   Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 8:30 pm

Reserving and sure, you can use a queen instead. The gender doesn't matter.
Back to top Go down
rcox1995

rcox1995

PostSubject: Re: Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay)   Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 8:45 pm

OOC: Template up.

Name: Aphras F. Vigyls
Race: Elves
Role: Middle Elf Prince
Promised to: Middle Human Princess
Appearance: 5'11", 140 pounds, has lightly tanned skin, blue eyes, and blonde hair. He wears a blue shirt with a brown coat, pants and boots.
Personality: Very intelligent, though he takes a while to make a decision. He can also get angry easy, though he cools off quick. He will do anything to protect his friends and family.
History: Born into the Royal House of the Elves, he is the middle child, and is the meditator of the Princes. He settles disputes between them, giving him excellent skills in peace. When the plan was made, he supported it because his father created it, and he is also curious to see how this will turn out.
Other:
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay)   Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 9:22 pm

Accepted.
Back to top Go down
rcox1995

rcox1995

PostSubject: Re: Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay)   Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 10:08 pm

OOC: When do we start?
Back to top Go down
hogaki

hogaki

PostSubject: Re: Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay)   Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 10:10 pm

Name: Rauko T. Vigyls. (I'm assuming that the princes/princess of the same race share the same sur name)
Race: Elf
Role: Oldest elf prince
Promised to: Oldest Orc princess (I hope that these races are reasonably human looking)
Appearance:Rauko
Personality: Rauko is far more free spirited than his younger siblings. He always has a quip or smart remark. He's never been one to get angry with anyone over small things, but when you get him angry he'll hold a grudge/ mopes for days perhaps weeks.
History: Rauko was born into the Elvin royal family. He spent the first half of his life learning healing magic. The second half of his life was spent learning war tactics and fighting (something that he's glad he'll never have to use.) He was going to leave for the frontlines when the marriage agreement was finalized.
Other: Rauko has had zero interaction with the other races.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay)   Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 10:12 pm

Accepted and the Orcs should be reasonably attractive.
Back to top Go down
Nightmare13

Nightmare13

PostSubject: Re: Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay)   Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 11:17 pm

Is it possible to have a character outside of the royals?
Back to top Go down
http://www.writersplayhouse.blogspot.com/
roman_tic_kataang

roman_tic_kataang

PostSubject: Re: Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay)   Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 1:25 am

I'll reserve the youngest elf princess please.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay)   Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 10:30 am

Sure, nightmare, and reserving, romantic.
Back to top Go down
Nightmare13

Nightmare13

PostSubject: Re: Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay)   Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 10:38 am

Alright, I'll reserve other, and the middle Human prince.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay)   Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 10:43 am

Okay. Reserving. And don't forget to play some females and orcs and dwarves people.
Back to top Go down
Lol Lol Lol

Lol Lol Lol

PostSubject: Re: Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay)   Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 11:34 am

I reserve the oldest Elf princess, the middle Human princess, and the youngest Dwarf princess. I believe these are all still open. ^^"
Back to top Go down
http://bulbsquirmanderchu.deviantart.com/
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay)   Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 11:34 am

Okay. Reserving.
Back to top Go down
Nightmare13

Nightmare13

PostSubject: Re: Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay)   Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 6:06 pm

Name: Jaren Thorn
Race: Half elf (other half is human)
Role: Outspeaking boy of the lower part of the human royal city.
Promised to: Once promised to a human princess before the discovery of his lineage.
Appearance: Tall, with long dark hair. He has purple eyes. He wears dark, rather ratty clothing. Black boots, dark pants, and shirt, and a scarf in the place of a belt.
Personality: He is the black cat of the lower city. He doesn't know how to pick his fights, and will always stick up for what he thinks, no matter what. Though he is stubborn about his beliefs, if they turn out to be wrong he changes them.
History: Jaren is the product of an earlier attempt at peace. Members of the elven nobility were sent to live across the various countries that had different races. It was supposed to aid relations between other nations. His mother, daughter of a duke of the elves was sent to the Human's royal city to smooth relations, if it was at all possible. She became active in human politics, and much like her not yet conceived son, his mother always stuck to her beliefs, and what she thought was right. This earned her a lack of admirers among the human nobles, but little could be done about it, as she and many other elven nobles, were acting ambassadors. But her confidence and stubbornness also earned her the interest of Duke Cale, of the human nobility, and young brother to the king.

Cale was quite taken with Jaren's mother (we'll start calling her Fierta). They began meeting in secret, and after a year of secret meetings, eloped. The human, and elven nobility were all in the dark about this until it became apparent that Fierta was carrying a child. The truth eventually came out and relations between the humans and the elves became even worse because of this. This was mainly because the stance of the elven ambassadors was one of coexistence, not one that would allow the mixing of races. This threw the nobility into chaos. They could not believe that one of the royal family would stoop so low as to mix races and create an "inferior" pest. The humans became angered with Duke Cale, while the elven ambassadors worked to back up the pair, trying to keep them from being executed. Thankfully, with Duke's power and persuasion no harm could come to them in the open. Cale and Fierta believed they were safe. But then, one night, a group of knights came to get rid of Fierta, and her child. Cale began to defend his wife, disposing of about three before he told Fierta to run, and so she did, to the lower district of the city, that lived in poverty, and were abused by the royal knights.

It wasn't until the next morning that Fierta heard of what had happened over the course of that night. Cale's resistance was covered up, and made to look like an act against the knights, and the kingdom. The knights used this as justification to attack the elven ambassadors that backed up Cale. A similar fate befell all of the elven nobility to arrive in the capitol. They were driven from their homes, or murdered. Some were forced into the lower district, and while orders were to eliminate the ambassadors, the chase ended at the lower district. The knights decided they would much rather have the former elven nobility rot in the lower district, where they could torture them for the rest of their lives, rather than end their suffering there.

Cale's execution was held at sunset the day after what was to become known as The Purge of the Elves. Fierta covered herself in a cloak, and got as close as she could, hoping that Cale could see her one last time before he died. He did, before he was allowed to say his final words. He looked into his wife's eyes, with love, and they both smiled for a moment, before Cale turned his eyes steely and looked into the crowd of people to witness his death. And his final words were these. "This kingdom has changed. What was once a beacon of freedom, has stripped countless people of hope. It saddens me that I will have to watch my people rot from the depths of hell. But for every moment I will pray that a hero will rise and save this kingdom, and it's people. Save them from the oppression of the so called defenders of all of us, the royal k-" his sentence was cut off as the Commandant of the knights beheaded Cale then and there.

18 years later Jaren Thorn lies in the palace, yet not where he deserves to be. Jaren lies on a mattress in the prison, for once again picking a fight with the knights. Jaren could not count the times his mother had told him of the story of the purge and his father's death, and Jaren has sworn that he will be that hero. The one his father talked of before he was murdered.

Since childhood Jaren hated the knights, and the way they treated the people of the Lower District, and every day he lives he hates them more and more, but every moment his hatred for the king and the royals rises. For what they did to their own kin, and for what they continue to turn a blind eye to.

Jaren's mother had always tried to teach Jaren magic, and even though he had elven blood he struggled with the concepts that were put before him. Instead Jaren preferred learning about how to use a sword, which had been provided by his mother. It was something she had intended to sell, that she had grabbed from their home before running. It had belonged to his father, and was a spoil of war from a far off land. It was said to be wielded by a great hero. Jaren learned how to incorporate the magic his mother was trying to teach him into his fighting style, even though his mother wanted him to use magic to provide for himself, but he was only skilled enough to learn the basic elements of spell casting.

Jaren was first arrested when he tried defending a family from the knights. After suffering two weeks of jail time he was offered a job at the Dragon's Fire Tavern. The inn was the center of anti knights activity. Where all of the outlaws would share a drink, and where various illegal actions took place, and Jaren liked it. He took the job and worked there, ever since he was ten. He eventually worked his way up to bartender for the tavern.

Ever since that day Jaren has been arrested many times. He has gained a bit of a reputation as the "Black Cat of the lower district." He is constantly causing trouble for the lower district, and like a cat he has an overwhelming amount of pride that gets him in a lot of trouble.

So Jaren lies in his cell, like many other nights, waiting for his chance to change the kingdom.
Other:
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay)   Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 6:22 pm

Cool. Accepted. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay)   Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 12:15 am

((Ignore this post.))

Last edited by Magus1108 on Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay)   Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arranged (Fantasy Roleplay)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next