New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Academies of the Force (Accepting.)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Velox

Velox

Academies of the Force (Accepting.) Empty
PostSubject: Academies of the Force (Accepting.)   Academies of the Force (Accepting.) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 7:47 pm

It is the era of the Old Republic, thousands of years before the rise of Darth Sidious. In this time and age, the Sith are not Two, but many. Or, at least, they were before they were supposedly wiped out by the Jedi in the Sith's last attempt at gaining Galactic dominance. But like so many times before, the Sith were not wiped out.

The War devastated both the Jedi's and the Sith's numbers. There exists only a handful of veteran Jedi and Sith including a a few Jedi and Sith Masters as well as a sole surviving Dark Lord of the Sith. Each faction has been searching for members; a new generation. They have both succeeded, and now many new apprentices are on their way to learn the ways of the Force.

As both orders rebuild their numbers, each with their own respective Academies, they strive for their goals. The Jedi to regain the strength to safeguard the Republic once more, and the Sith to destroy their ancient foes. The Dark Lord of the Sith has his own mysterious goals, however...

Rules/Notes/Tips/Read these!

1. No GMing. I don't care how much "absolute power" you think your character has, he/she/it is not invincible.

2. No OOC fighting. In character fighting? Yeah, this a Star Wars RP. Blood and gore shouldn't be too much of a problem, because of the lightsabers. Still, remember Rule # 1 and don't go slicing and dicing everyone to bits...or zapping, or too much detail with the crushing...you should have an idea of this.

3. Cussing is allowed, but not too serious, and not in every single sentence...or post.

4. Shipping--wait a minute! Jedis can't have romance, it's against the rules of the--not! A Wise/Crazy Anceint Jedi Master one said "Love doesn't lead to the dark side. Passion can lead to rage and fear, and can be controlled, but passion is not the same thing as love. Controlling your passions while being in love, that's what they should teach you to beware, but love itself will save, not condemn you." So, Shipping is allowed. (The Sith never really adhered to that rule, but they will kind of be more "lust," than love, and it might be kind of pushy...but if any shipping is too graphic, and scenes go on for too long, than you're getting sabered.)

5. I want a good variety of male/females, and aliens. Mix it up a little, don't make everyone human. There are plenty of Near-Humans that you can use, and even more Humanoids. So, let's try to have a good balance between characters.

6. Speaking of diversity, no Mary-Sues or Gary-Stus. Now, this could get kind of hard with the Sith's Personality (Anger, Hatred, more Anger and Hatred), and that's understandable, but there should still be something you can do.

7. I highly recommend that you have this site nearby. There's a high chance of there being things (Alien species, planets, lightsabers, Force powers, etc.) that you might not know. Just a friendly suggestion. ^^

8. Magus1108 and almostinsane99 are the producers (they co-own), so they also get to enforce the rules, take charge of things when I'm not around, and some other stuff that people who co-own get to do that I'm not completely sure about. So beware, or be happy!!!

9. If you have any questions regarding anything, just PM me. If said question is extremely specific about something I have no idea about, then AI and Magus will probably know. ^^

10. I'm not sure about there being canon character, or characters that aren't Jedi or Sith. If you can really, really convince me, then I might let you be one.

11. If you'd read all of the numbers 1 through 9, then post "May the Force be with you." or "May the Force serve you well."

Character Sheet:

Username: [Obvious]

Name: [First Name/First Name and Last Name/Last Name/Nickname/Darth title (Only the Dark Lord of the Sith gets the Darth title [size=5]Atleast in the beginning. The other Sith have to go by their First or Last names, and nicknames can't be too Darth tilte related.]

Age: [14 and above, but let's try to keep the Apprentices young, so no going over for them.]

Species: [Like I said, diversity please! So far anything goes, including making up your own species as long as you describe it well, but there can only be one Wookie Force User. Sorry, but that's a standard rule.]

Position/Rank: [Grandmaster (Only 1), Dark Lord of the Sith (Only 1), Jedi, Sith (Jedi and Sith could have rankings like Blademaster, Weapons Master, Librarian, Healer, Alchemist, and I guess we could go with the classic Guardian, Consular, Sentinel if someone wanted too.), Jedi Apprentice (May also be referred to as "Padawan"), Sith Apprentice (May also be referred to as "Acolyte").]

Appearance: [Picture or Description (If you're giving a description for a character that isn't human, and has special biological features, make sure that you put down what the species is so there's a general idea on what it looks like.)]

Personality: [Please be descriptive.]

History: [Please be descriptive. Your character's past can be somewhat unknown, but you still have to have a decent amount. I'll decide what's "decent."]

Lightsaber/Weapon [Include color, type, and number. (Pretty much any color is allowed, but not too many Jedi with Red/Crimson blades. A lightsaber comes in a whole bunch of different varieties, so choose wisely. However, you're only allowed to have a maximum of 4. Paired lightsabers count as 2.)/ Extra Weapon (If you cut down the lightsaber amount to 2, then your character will be allowed an optional extra weapon, as long as it's not too powerful. Blasters aren't completey recommended since most people will have lightsabers.) Apprentices won't have their lightsabers right away. They will have to build them according to the directions of their instructor. Also, your character can choose to not wield a lightsaber.]

Other: (Pretty much any other facts. What form of lightsaber combat your character uses, if they excel at any particular Force power, if they have any other skills, any special possessions they have, pretty unlimited.)

Accepted Characters:

Jedi

Username: Velox

Name: Lyta Seulahara

Species: Zeltron

Position/Rank: Grandmaster

Appearance: Lyta (Usually wears a standard Jedi Cloak.)

Personality: Being a Zeltron, her empathic ability causes her to be extremely caring, and concerned for the well-being of others. However, being a Zeltron, she has a hard time controlling her own emotions, and is frowned upon by some Jedi because of this. Especially because of the way she dresses, and her desire to slack off and relax, over teaching discipline. Her intentions are well, and she has proved countless times to be a wise and strong leader.

History: Originating from the planet Zeltros, Lyta was the apprentice of a Cerean Grandmaster. Her Zeltron-like tendencies pushed her master to various degrees, but she turned out to be a fine Jedi. At an early age she participated in the in the war, where the Jedi suffered many losses, including the death of her master who had sacrificed himself to save her and win the war. On his deathbed, he not only made her the Grandmaster, but he also left the responsibility of restoring the Jedi Order up to her. At first, Lyta was reluctant to take up the task, but so far she has honored her master’s wish and is now awaiting the arrival of the new Jedi apprentices.

Lightsaber/Weapon : 1 pink lightsaber with a curved hilt, and 1 green lightsaber with an Electrum style hilt that belonged to her master/A long, thick walking staff.

Other: Master of the defensive form Soresu. Has great prowess with the Light Side of the Force. Being a Zeltron, Lyta has the ability to produce pheromones, project emotions to others, and sense other beings’ emotions.

Jedi Historian (Reserved): Magus1108

Apprentices

Username: Lolx3

Name: Twine Hayligh

Species: Enso

Position/Rank: Padawan

Appearance: Twine's hair is a very light blonde and her eyes are an icy blue, much like her home environment. (Her picture has lightsabers in it so count that as future reference. ^^")

Personality: Twine is very talkative and affable. She tries to please everyone and is very optimistic. She cares about everyone she meets very deeply, even if she only meets them once or twice. Twine also does her best to cheer people up, and in this is very humble.

History: Twine spent her whole life either at the Jedi Temple or on Enso helping her family. She loves her home planet and in particular the snow. Her family worked with greenhouses so Twine also has a fondness for plants. (Though she would never admit it she has quite the green thumb.) One day when she was 4 she went out for a walk with her brother. She and her brother fell into a large pit. Although they couldn't freeze to death they could definitely starve to death. Eventually they were found by their father. Even though they got away without harm Twine has been claustrophobic ever since.

Lightsaber/Weapon: Two orange colored single hilted lightsabers. (When she gets them. ^^)

Other: Her coolth suit for hot weathered places. While Ensos cannot freeze to death in very hot weather -like on Tatooine-, death is almost immediate.[/quote]

Sith

Dark Lord of the Sith (reserved): Magus1108

Username: Velox

Name: Silus Karrh

Species: Shistavanen

Position/Rank: Sith Blademaster

Appearance: Silus Karrh is very tall and muscular for a Shistavanen. He has dark hair all over his lupine body, and dark yellow glowing eyes. Silus Karrh usually wore dark colored robes, and a dark cloak over them.

Personality: Silus Karrh is completely loyal to the academy’s cause. He believes that the Sith must rise up and crush the Jedi with an overwhelming amount of force and numbers. Silus Karrh is cold and calculating. He is full of ambition and rage, and is also a great strategist and swordsman; he always has a countermove for a technique.
History: Not much is known about Silus Karrh. He was born on Uvena Prime, and eventually found by a Dark Jedi, who trained him in many of the different forms of lightsaber combat. However, Silus Karrh’s master had made a mistake that many have made before: He had taught him too well. Silus Karrh betrayed his master and defeated him in a lightsaber duel. The years passed, and a powerful Sith Lord found him, told him of his plans to create a Sith academy, and offered him a position as the Blademaster; the lightsaber combat instructor.
Lightsaber/Weapon: Crimson Red Paired lightsabers./ A small Cortosis blade.
Other: Is a master of all forms of lightsaber combat. Being a Shistavanen he has enhanced senses, and a slight h
ealing factor.

Apprentices

Last edited by Velox on Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Academies of the Force (Accepting.)   Academies of the Force (Accepting.) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 9:07 pm

Username: almostinsane99

Name: Jacen Fern

Species: Human

Position/Rank: Sith Apprentice

Appearance: http://images.mmorpg.com/images/newsImages/342009/swtordemo1x.jpg

Personality: Jacen is a passionate and stubborn individual, devoted to his goals and those of the Sith. Though he embraces his anger and the Dark Side, he knows the value of patience, at least when he's thinking rationally. Jacen believes that trust is precious and he rewards it to few. To those whom he trusts, he shows a type of honor unexpected from a Sith. If he is betrayed by someone he trusts, Jacen will seek revenge. Jacen views the Force as a necessity to truly live and seeks to use it to keep himself from being nothing.

History: Jacen Fern doesn't know exactly which planet he was born on, but his earliest memories were those of Sleheyron, a cruel planet dominated by the Hutts. In Hutt Space, the Republic laws were nothing but pretty words. Its main features were fuel mines, refineries for tibanna gas, shipyards the palaces built for powerful Hutts, and a brutal gladiatorial arena. This was the main feature of Jacen's early life.
Jacen's mother was a slave to a Hutt. Thanks to her medical skills, the Hutt had her work at the arena, sparing her the brutal exploitation in fuel mines or tibanna refineries or worse, being a personal slave of his. So, for the first 11 years of his life, Jacen assisted his mother in fixing up people hurt in gladiatorial matches.
One day, when Jacen's mother was treating a gladiator's energies, a bunch of thugs burst in and gunned Jacen's mother down along with the gladiator, possibly because a spectator wanted revenge for losing a bet. Because he didn't have nearly the amount of medical knowledge his mother had, Jacen was sold to the arena to fight there as a Hutt's cruel excuse for a joke. Surprisingly, Jacen was able to kill two kath hounds, displaying his affinity with the Force. For years, he served in the arena, becoming stronger. Recently, a Sith brought him from the arena and took him to the Sith Academy where Jacen vowed to get stronger.

Lightsaber/Weapon: Jacen is currently armed with a heavily modified vibroblade that has seen him through many battles both before and after he became a Sith.

Other: Jacen practices Form V: Shien / Djem So as it fit his previous gladiatorial fighting style the most and he already had the muscles for it. One of the Force powers he's best at is Telekinesis.
"May the Force serve you well"
(Will finish later.)

Last edited by almostinsane99 on Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:57 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Academies of the Force (Accepting.)   Academies of the Force (Accepting.) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 9:46 pm

I'd like to also reserve a Jedi Historian, and possibly a non-Jedi or Sith. I'd like to discuss that with you via PM.
Back to top Go down
Velox

Velox

PostSubject: Re: Academies of the Force (Accepting.)   Academies of the Force (Accepting.) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 9:48 pm

Okay. Reserves noted.
Back to top Go down
Lol Lol Lol

Lol Lol Lol

PostSubject: Re: Academies of the Force (Accepting.)   Academies of the Force (Accepting.) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 5:01 pm

I'll be having my character up shortly. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://bulbsquirmanderchu.deviantart.com/
Velox

Velox

PostSubject: Re: Academies of the Force (Accepting.)   Academies of the Force (Accepting.) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 5:22 pm

Kay. Take your time. )
Back to top Go down
Lol Lol Lol

Lol Lol Lol

PostSubject: Re: Academies of the Force (Accepting.)   Academies of the Force (Accepting.) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 6:32 pm

Username: Lolx3

Name: Twine Hayligh

Species: Enso

Position/Rank: Padawan

Appearance: Twine's hair is a very light blonde and her eyes are an icy blue, much like her home environment. (Her picture has lightsabers in it so count that as future reference. ^^")

Personality: Twine is very talkative and affable. She tries to please everyone and is very optimistic. She cares about everyone she meets very deeply, even if she only meets them once or twice. Twine also does her best to cheer people up, and in this is very humble.

History: Twine spent her whole life either at the Jedi Temple or on Enso helping her family. She loves her home planet and in particular the snow. Her family worked with greenhouses so Twine also has a fondness for plants. (Though she would never admit it she has quite the green thumb.) One day when she was 4 she went out for a walk with her brother. She and her brother fell into a large pit. Although they couldn't freeze to death they could definitely starve to death. Eventually they were found by their father. Even though they got away without harm Twine has been claustrophobic ever since.

Lightsaber/Weapon: Two orange colored single hilted lightsabers. (When she gets them. ^^)

Other: Her coolth suit for hot weathered places. While Ensos cannot freeze to death in very hot weather -like on Tatooine-, death is almost immediate.
Back to top Go down
http://bulbsquirmanderchu.deviantart.com/
Velox

Velox

PostSubject: Re: Academies of the Force (Accepting.)   Academies of the Force (Accepting.) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 7:04 pm

Accepted. )
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Academies of the Force (Accepting.)   Academies of the Force (Accepting.) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 9:38 pm

Username: Magus1108

Name: Darth Morgana

Species: Unknown, possibly human.

Position/Rank: Dark Lord of the Sith

Appearance: http://namesjames.deviantart.com/art/Sith-Empress-63797047

Personality: Darth Morgana is a bit strange, for a Sith. Unlike most of her predecessors, she does not kill Sith unless to set an example, or if it proves necessary. She can be cruel when needed, but also calculating and reasonable. With the Order of the Sith in its current state, Morgana is eager to get new members, but makes sure to be careful who she choices. Her philosophy is that only those with commitment and true power can become Sith.

History: Most of Morgana’s past is unknown. What is known is that she is a veteran in the last war between the Jedi and Sith, and the last Dark Lord. She trusts no one with her secrets, or her past. A curious fact about Morgana is that while she claims to want to eliminate the Jedi, she’s never publicly displayed her anger or hatred for them.

As of now Morgana has upheld her position as Dark Lord. She foiled two attempts on her life in the past year, and killed all but one of her assassins. She kept him alive, but drove him insane by torturing him, and cast him out from the Sith. Her reasons for letting him go alive?

“Sometimes, simple execution is not enough. Sometimes breaking your opponent can be so much sweeter. Seeing them fall can be a most satisfying feeling. I’ve broken that man. He may recover, but he’ll never challenge me again.”

Darth Morgana is pleased with the Sith Academy’s progress so far. However, she also has her own hidden agenda…

Lightsaber/Weapon: A single crimson saber.

Extra Weapon: Two poison darts.

Other: Darth Morgana uses an aggressive and fast type of lightsaber fighting, quickly destroying her opponent’s defenses to finish them off. Morgana also has a piece of stone with a strange symbol on it, which she keeps on herself at all times.

'May the Force be with you.'
Back to top Go down
Velox

Velox

PostSubject: Re: Academies of the Force (Accepting.)   Academies of the Force (Accepting.) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 11:00 pm

Accepted! ^^ (Henh. I have a weird feeling that she may be blind under that mask. Like a Miraluka or something.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Academies of the Force (Accepting.)   Academies of the Force (Accepting.) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Academies of the Force (Accepting.)
Page 1 of 1