New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dark Lord Rising

Go down 
+3
Magus1108
hey_mai_Zukos_mine
almostinsane99
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

Dark Lord Rising - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Lord Rising   Dark Lord Rising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 11:23 am

(OOC: Accepted.)
Aidan frowned as he walked through the forest. He was currently in the northern part of one of the human kingdoms, but that didn't matter much to him. Humans hardly traveled in this part of the wilderness unless in huge groups for protection. What he was most concerned about was the creatures that had passed through here recently. They were Dark. Some were merely savage, like Orcs. Others were things more foul, like werewolves and evil spirits. Evil things were gathering, but where and why? The Dark Lord's Citadel was lost to the ages, but where else could they be going? He gripped his longbow in thought.
Back to top Go down
hey_mai_Zukos_mine

hey_mai_Zukos_mine

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lord Rising   Dark Lord Rising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 12:39 pm

Dekryl skipped through the forest, twirling around to a random tune she was humming. It seemed as though the world around the werewolf was caving to the darkness, and the more it grew; the more she craved it. The pain, the loss, the chaos. Soon all would fall to dust and flames, and she'd be right beside the Dark Lord, watching everything burn beneath her claws. The twisted thoughts rolling through her mind put an extra bounce to her dance as she moved past and through the trees around her, lost her in dreaming of living nightmares falling over the world like a dark curtain, the screams of the humans and other such pathetic creatures in beat with her humming.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lord Rising   Dark Lord Rising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 4:11 pm

Frostbite

The Dark Elf stood on a hill above a small village that was little more than a few families and others living together to survive the wild animals, but there was nothing to prevent some Dark Creatures to destroy it. Frostbite grinned, it would be quite amusing, but as there were few graveyards nearby and a plentiful supply of bodies were hard to come by, he would have to settle for another time. "The Dark Lord was soon have dominion over everything, this world will meet its end soon enough," he muttered, as the grin faded, and he turned, heading back to the Dark Lord's fortress. Not that there was much to do there now.

Esperin

"Is there something I may do, master," Esperin asked as he floated through the cieling of the fortress into the chamber the Dark Lord was residing in. The spirit loved chaos and bloodshed, but as he was bound to the will of his summoner, he was lacking in that department at the moment, since he did not feel right leaving to do something when he could be called back at a moment's notice.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lord Rising   Dark Lord Rising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 5:27 pm

Zeric opened his eyes, turning his gaze to one of the spirits that he had summoned to aid him. This one, he noted, loved destruction. He spoke, "It would be prudent to distract our enemies as I gather my forces. Gather what help you need and cause a catastrophe to draw people's attention."
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lord Rising   Dark Lord Rising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 5:42 pm

Esperin

"As you wish," Esperin replied, floating back up out of the ceiling. There were other spirits about in the fortress, he would rally them and strike somewhere, a big human city, because if there was one race that could be attacked without much fear of retalliation, it was the humans. As soon as he had marshaled some 100 spirits, they floated away toward one of the cities. Possession, chaos, destruction, they wouldn't know what hit them.
Back to top Go down
Lol Lol Lol

Lol Lol Lol

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lord Rising   Dark Lord Rising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 6:27 pm

Hydrath heard a rustling behind her. She looked back quickly to see a lone archer in green. She formulated a plan and went into action. A lone light ball flew into the air as a distraction.
Back to top Go down
http://bulbsquirmanderchu.deviantart.com/
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lord Rising   Dark Lord Rising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 6:40 pm

Frostbite

A giggling came behind Dekryl, as Frostbite leaned against a tree. "Are you bored, Dekryl? Seems like it, dancing around to your own humming." He held no respect for the werewolf, monsters were just powerhouses you led around and commanded to attack, they weren't worthy of anything other than the occasional treat for being loyal, like animals. He giggled again, the sound seeming to mock her without and indication of why it was.
Back to top Go down
hey_mai_Zukos_mine

hey_mai_Zukos_mine

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lord Rising   Dark Lord Rising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 4:11 pm

Dekryl paused, turning to face Frostbite at the sound of his voice behind her. She tilted her head curiously, before letting a smile spread across her face, her big innocent eyes glimmering in that child-like way they did. "Were you watching?" She practically sang, her tone sickeningly sweet as it was in her Human form. "You must be pretty bored yourself." She knew what he was trying, but she'd play oblivious, even though he probably knew she was nowhere near the part she played, just so as not to let him have the satisfaction of getting to her.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lord Rising   Dark Lord Rising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 4:51 pm

Frostbite

"Of course, compared to all that howling you mutts get up to when the moon is out, I guess your humming is like a symphony," Frostbite said, as though he had not heard her. "I don't really know much about savages, do you worship the moon or is it like a King to your kind?" How long would it take before she burst out with anger, and how long could he hold out bluntly insulting her, he didn't know, but was willing to keep playing to find out. All the while an annoying smile was plastered on his face.

Esperin

The spirits descended on the city, and immediately the chaos welled up. Spirits all around were either possessing humans or causing accidents to occur, to which Esperin took great delight in. The screaming of men, women and children blended with the crackling of fires and the crashes of who knew what. Esperin floated around, chanting his spell to fall over a church, barely able to keep from laughing as those inside it would soon be overcome with bad luck.
Back to top Go down
hey_mai_Zukos_mine

hey_mai_Zukos_mine

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lord Rising   Dark Lord Rising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 7:36 pm

Dekryl rolled her eyes heavenward, putting a finger to her mouth as though she were honestly considering what he said, before looking back to him. "I don't know much about savages either, Frosty." She said, keeping her tone cheerful despite the teasing way she used his name, and shrugging. "Not necessarily." She answered his question like he had honestly wanted to know.

The werewolf swung up onto a tree branch, swaying her legs back an forth while she looked down at the one now below her still wearing her own smile, portraying perfect kindness. Though all that lurked behind it were shadows and dark thoughts, waiting to be released onto all that opposed the Dark Lord's ways.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lord Rising   Dark Lord Rising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 7:44 pm

Frostbite

"No, I suppose you wouldn't, I don't know how far your intelligence expands but it's entirely likely that you don't even percieve yourself, though how you manage to act like your having a conversation is truly amazing," Frostbite said, walking under her now, his face now bearing a small smirk. "It must beat the growling and whatnot you use to communicate to your fellow mongrels. Shame that your species has been dieing, but I guess that's what you get for being inferior. Magic rules now, and intellect, which is severly lacking in your people. Sorry, that's too kind a term, I should say in your pack of stupid mutts."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lord Rising   Dark Lord Rising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 7:55 pm

Zeric closed his eyes as he sat on his throne, deep in thought. He hated waiting, even before he was the Dark Lord, when he had to wait countless hours for a decent mark to steal from to appear. It was necessary, however. His forces had to be at their full strength when he announced his prescence Before he knew it, he drifted off.
He was stalking through a monastery. It smelled of light and good magic. He almost gagged at the stench. He was a shadow, barely discernible as he hid among the shadows produced by the very light that disgusted him. His form floated up a flight of stairs. The thing he sought was close, he could feel it.
Finally, he reached an unassuming door. Whatever was beyond it was important. He knew it was. His form shifted as he slid under the door. He soon found his gaze on a young boy, perhaps 15 Summers. His hair was blonde and he stunk of light magic. There was something to him, however. His form drew near, eclipsing the light produced by the candles within the room.
Back to top Go down
hey_mai_Zukos_mine

hey_mai_Zukos_mine

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lord Rising   Dark Lord Rising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 7:57 pm

Dekryl swung down, meeting his gaze only inches from her own. "I don't communicate with them often, and I don't have a pack of stupid mutts," Her tone was still sweet, but it had a lower, almost dark tint to it. "Not anymore, that is." Her smile had turned into more of a grin. "It's funny how my species is dying for being inferior, when I'm obviously superior to them, does that mean I'm not a werewolf?" She tilted her head to one side, pretending to actually consider the question she'd asked. "Tell me, blueberry, if you're so predominant to myself." She swung back up as swiftly as she'd moved down, all traces of darkness had left her eyes, replaced with a light humour, and child-like shine. I wonder how long he's going to keep up his condescending attitude. She thought amusingly.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lord Rising   Dark Lord Rising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 8:14 pm

Frostbite

"What are you talking about? You're the prize mutt in a kennel full of mongrels. Any other one would replace you in a heartbeat, but I suppose alpha's think they're special. Until they're dethroned by another mutt... or another, dangerous kind of being," Frostbite said. "Believe me, I've seen to the end of many things; vampires, a dragon, humans, elves, and werewolves, all fall beneath me, as you would too, were you not looked upon favorably in the eyes of the Dark Lord." It was a challenge, though he didn't expect her to accept, cowardly, running away when things got tough.

Jeremiah

"Hello," Jeremiah said, not turning around. "You feel rather dark." This person in the room did not really concern Jeremiah, it would become apparent what he was doing here sooner or later. Of course he didn't really like the darkness the stranger seemed to radiate, but there was also something that he found odd about the presence, not like the other people he was usually around.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lord Rising   Dark Lord Rising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 8:23 pm

"And you're light," Zeric hissed his form expanding. A tendril of shadow touched the boy, but it drew back in pain. He spoke, "What are you? What are you to draw the attention of the Lord of Darkness? This place sickens me. I will destroy it soon enough."
Back to top Go down
hey_mai_Zukos_mine

hey_mai_Zukos_mine

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lord Rising   Dark Lord Rising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 8:28 pm

"I don't seek to be the favorite." She said simply, with a matter of factly tone. "I'm not an Alpha, Frostbite, I don't abide by those silly rules anymore. And I've done much more than see the end of things. Maybe this is where the Dark Lord finds me favorable?" The words spilling from her lips didn't sound right coming from her pure Human form, in such a sing-song voice. She smiled, raising an eyebrow. "You really think so, hm?"
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lord Rising   Dark Lord Rising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 8:46 pm

Frostbite

"Yes, but not worth my time. You skin the fur of the best prey, not the sorry specimen you find dancing to their own off-tune humming," Frostbite said, and proceeded to turn his back and walk away from her.

Jeremiah

"Why would you destroy this place? It's a refuge for people like me, and you'd hurt them by taking this sanctuary away," Jeremiah said, feeling the darkness touch him. It was cold, a horrible feeling, but the only reaction he gave was a shudder. "I'm just a human, training to be a monk. I don't know why you have come here, but I am certain that you won't find what you are looking for."
Back to top Go down
hey_mai_Zukos_mine

hey_mai_Zukos_mine

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lord Rising   Dark Lord Rising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 8:54 pm

"Funny how you say that, when you were the one who suggested anything about violence." She gave a somewhat twinkling laugh, swinging down from the old tree branch entirely. She glanced at him to see him walking away, intentionally starting up her humming before she was out of earshot as she herself left the area. Pretty soon that sweet melody of screams would pierce her own ears as reality, it wouldn't be off-tune then, no, it would be beautiful. She could never replace the wonderful fear in their eyes. She didn't side with the Dark Lord for his beliefs, she sided with him for her own interest of the bloody deeds to be done under his command.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lord Rising   Dark Lord Rising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:25 pm

"This place will stand in my way and I will eventually destroy it. Why should I care if hurts me or not? I've been hurt myself and I'm eager to share my suffering with the world," Zeric said angrily, "And you are not normal to have attracted my sleeping mind."
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lord Rising   Dark Lord Rising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 pm

Jeremiah

"I see, so you're just sad and alone in the world," Jeremiah said. "Why else would you want to spread suffering? Misery loves company, or so I've heard," Jeremiah said. "Your mind if proof though, despite the fact you feel dark, you've come to a place of light. I think you crave it, but fear it, and refuse to accept it as real. I don't know why you'd come to me though, when there are more experienced monks around." He turned to the figure and smiled at him; a genuine smile.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lord Rising   Dark Lord Rising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 10:24 pm

"I AM THE DARK LORD!!!!!!!" Zeric hissed his form lengthening to engulf almost the entire room, "WHY WOULD I CRAVE FOR THE LIGHT?!!!!!! SAVE YOUR PITY AND YOUR COMPASSION!!! I HAVE NO USE FOR IT!!! I SHALL MAKE THIS WORLD BURN!!!!!"
As he said this, the room shook with his anger, the candles being blown out, and anything not nailed down swirling around with the force of Zeric's rage. When he finished speaking, Zeric's shadow vanished, leaving the monastery.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lord Rising   Dark Lord Rising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 10:27 pm

Jeremiah

"Shame, now I have to tidy up," Jeremiah commented after seeing the 'Dark Lord's' rage. A monk ran into the room as he did so, looking around and wondering what happened, but Jeremiah claimed he thought it was an earthquake. He was already regarded as odd, and as much as he really didn't care what was thought of him, he didn't want to be cast out because some dark entity had decided to visit.
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lord Rising   Dark Lord Rising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 5:52 am

Uren Ruarc/Afon

"And so you're saying?" The Elf asked once more as he tried to figure out what the river's guardian had been trying to tell him. She had been very vague and smug with her words, something that annoyed the Elf, yet he didn't point this out yet as he wanted to know what she was talking about.

"I am simply informing you that your destination could very well be gone by the time you get there. The attack started a few hours ago, who knows what's been accomplished since then." Afon said bluntly as she tried to help the Elf. Not only had the Elf answered her riddle, but afterwards instead of leaving quickly he sat and ate his meal there so he could speak with her. The Naiad decided that a kind act like that deserved another one in return, unfortunately it seemed that the Elf wasn't as smart as she had originally thought.

"If you want I shall allow you to float down the river so you may reach the village of Dunsburough before the sun sets tomorrow, that place I can confirm is safe. It's a lovely town down there, you're sure to make money." Afon suggested as she began to relish the idea of having a full day with the stranger to figure out who he was. "It would be the wisest choice you could make!" The spirit pointed out as she walked up to the water's edge and looked up at the Elf.

Urien raised an eyebrow as he looked down at the spirit before he laughed at her suggestion with a bitter tone to his voice. "When have mortals ever been wise?" The Prince pointed out before bowing. "I shall return later milady, but first I have a mistake to make." He answered in a tone that confused Afon, as she wasn't sure whether he was mocking her or not. But before the Naiad even had a chance to ask the Elf had turned around and was running full speed towards the village of Bree.

"Fool..." She dubbed the young Elf before dissolving back into the Yamuna, feeling even more curious, and yet slightly annoyed as well.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lord Rising   Dark Lord Rising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 6:15 pm

Lol Lol Lol wrote:
Hydrath heard a rustling behind her. She looked back quickly to see a lone archer in green. She formulated a plan and went into action. A lone light ball flew into the air as a distraction.
Aidan blinked when he heard someone but remained impassive as the ball of light flew in front of him. He turned towards where it came and saw it was a girl. He grabbed her hand and asked, "What are you doing in these woods?"
Back to top Go down
Lol Lol Lol

Lol Lol Lol

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lord Rising   Dark Lord Rising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 8:04 pm

"Same with you. A young boy should not be wandering alone." Hyadrath replied smugly. She needed to rethink her tactics. She still acted like the teen she looked like sometimes.
Back to top Go down
http://bulbsquirmanderchu.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Lord Rising   Dark Lord Rising - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Lord Rising
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next