New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Succession: Rebellion

Go down 
+5
roman_tic_kataang
Alec
TokoToTheEnd
ConfusedShipper123
Magus1108
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Alec
Admin
Alec

Succession: Rebellion - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 8:02 pm

(Yay!)

Katie

"Still ... learning something would be nice? I mean, we can definitely avoid your parents while finding actual Inus," Katie stated as she looked back at Nell. She would help him if he wanted, after all, they were friends. ... They were more then friends, Katie corrected herself mentally as she took Nell's hand.
-------------------------------
Brighe

Brighe walked into the lunch room with a stern expression on her face. The men here were all pretty rowdy right now, but off in the distance, she could see former Heir Nebi sitting amongst the center of the crowd. She wasn't surprised.

"Nebi!" Brighe shouted loudly, allowing her voice to permeate around the room as she walked towards the throng of people.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 9:08 pm

Nell squeezed Katie's hand and took a deep breath. He had to ask her.

"What do you know about Inus?"
-------------
Mab closed her eyes as the raft took them down the river. It was very calming. As she relaxed she sent another prayer to Apollo. She asked that things keep going smoothly. Mab didn't want her remaining alone time with Carlisle to be bad.
-------------
Jewels, happy with his discussion with Chris, headed towards the noble housing. He had a job to do. He just prayed that it wouldn't be boring. He wanted some excitement in his life.

He snuck into a large house and scanned the room for the most expensive item. He spotted a nice looking jewelry box and opened it. Inside were nice items, but a diamond necklace caught Jewels interest the most.

"Jackpot," he muttered as someone entered the room. He turned and saw them and swore.

"THEIF! THEIF! Someone get Captain Rhys!!"

Jewels shook his head. "That's my cue to go." He leaped through the window onto the ground. He didn't run. A good chase would be pretty exciting.
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 9:38 pm

Katie

"Not much actually," Katie admitted, slightly embarrassed. "I mean, everything I've learned about them I've learned because of you, Nell," she pointed out. It was odd that Katie didn't know much about the species, considering how much she read, but then, there really wasn't much written about Inus in the first place.
--------------------------
Rhys

Rhys laid on his bed and contemplated whether or not he could find that bottle of gin he had hidden from himself months ago. It could take hours to find it, the Captain reasoned, but if he did find it, he could be drunk within the hour. But alas, his alcoholism was not meant to be as a young messenger boy ran into the room, without knocking, Rhys noticed.

"Captain, the Gloriana's estate has been invaded by a thief, they ordered for your help!" The boy shouted, obviously excited by the (honestly unimportant) action.

Rhys sat up and glared at the boy, annoyed by the disturbance of his not sleeping. The Captain cleared his throat before calmly asking, "Is the Gloriana's estate anywhere in the castle walls?" he asked, allowing a small tinge of bitterness to enter his voice. He was the Captain of the guard for the castle, not for the entire bloody city (That job didn't really exist).

The messenger boy (Who's name was Lee, but no one really cared) flinched, but tried not to run away before saying, "I know, but the Gloriana's did order for you Captain, and even though you're a lord, Willis Gloriana's is head of the p-" the boy tried to get out before being cut off.

"I know that ... get me my chain mail and sword, I don't want any plating though," Rhys ordered as he stood up, wincing in pain as his the pain from his wounds temporarily flared. It would seem the Nobles could get away with abusing their power when they felt like, Rhys knew the young boy had just realized.
---------------------------------
Carlisle

Carlisle steered the raft away from the edge of the riverbank carefully, and in silence as he held his hand down in the rather cold water. It was peaceful out here, Carlisle thought as they continued to float down.
Savina

"So, this is nice," Savina whispered to Bakar as she sat next to the boy. They were both in the supplies wagon right now, Savina having wanted to keep Bakar company as they traveled beside the river. The trees were thickening at their sides as they moved, but Savina didn't worry about the potential of a bandit attack. They were a strong unit of soldiers, it wouldn't be hard to fight them off.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 9:43 pm

Sunny sat down next to Savina. She enjoyed the girl's company. She was silent for a while but then she spoke.

"You probably wonder why I cross-dress, but are too polite to ask."
---------------
Jewels actually was leaning against a wall as he waited for whoever to come. He wanted to be rested before the chase. If he was tired he might get caught and that wouldn't be any fun. Besides it gave him time to imagine who was going to come after him. He hoped they would be good-looking.
---------------
"Inus are of course a mix of human and dog. We as a species have traits of both sides. Most Inus are born with ears and tails, though not all. Our fingernails are usually sharper and harder than normal humans." Nell looked at Katie as if to ask if she wanted him to continue.
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 9:59 pm

Savina

Savina glanced down towards Bakar before looking back at Sunny, making sure to smile before replying, "Well erm ... yeah, I'm definitely curious," she admitted.
---------------------------
Katie

Katie glanced down towards Nell's fingers before noting that they did look harder and sharper then hers. And it probably wasn't just because she remembered to clip them and he didn't, the girl was sure.

"Please," She responded to Nell's question, pretty sure that he was just being polite.
-----------------------------
Rhys

Rhys stumbled into the Gloriana's treasury, looking around the area with a sneer on his face. It's not that the Captain was angry (he was though) as much as he wanted to hide how much pain he was in. When in doubt, better to make your enemy believe you were angry rather then hurting.

The Captain noticed that the room was empty, as was one of the glass cases that had apparently held a jeweled necklace of sorts. Apparently it was worth more gold then the weight of ten servants combined, Duke Gloriana had assured him, the obnoxious git had reassured him.

There was something about the air though. He wasn't actually alone, Rhys' non-human side knew as he felt the air, the vibe, around him. And so the Captain decided to follow the hunch. He whistled. Loudly, and shrilly, imbuing the magic he possessed into the noise so that anyone who heard it would be compelled to ... well vocalize some amount of pain, depending how off guard and sensitive they were to it. Unfortunately the Captain couldn't move while doing it, having to concentrate on the intricate spell itself.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 12:12 pm

Jewels went wide eyed and almost dropped the necklace.

"What the fu-" Jewels looked around and frowned. That hurt! Whoever was after him wasn't a weakling for sure. But the theif didn't see anyone around yet. He moved to higher ground.

"Hey!! If you want to play with me it would be better if you come out!"
--------------
Nell hesitated and then went on.

"Inus use to be very feral animals. They would attack small animals and sometimes travelers if they ran across them and were straving, but eventually Inus were captured and breed to become more tame, docile creatures. But even though these Inus can live in normal surrounding, we all the wild animal instinct in us. Most learn to control it, but not all can."

He squeezed Katie's hand again. "I won't ever hurt you Katie. At the first sign of danger I will leave."
---------------
"My village is a very strict place. Boys are valued above girls. My mother learned that she would be able to bear one child. And that child was me. Fearing for our lives she claimed I was a boy. So all my life I had to pretend I was a boy." Sunny shrugged. "Sad hm?"
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 12:46 pm

Savina

Savina's mouth hanged open as she realized just how privileged her life had been so far. Sunny's short explanation was horrifying, to say the least, and Savina made sure to hold onto Bakar's hand before reaching towards Sunny with the other.

"Those people were ... they're not worth speaking of again," Savina stated as she placed her hand on Sunny's shoulder, leaning forward a bit towards the other woman. "Unless you want to or need to talk about them, of course," She added, wanting to be as helpful as possible.
Rhys

Rhys glanced towards the window where he heard someone curse in pain. The Captain nodded in satisfaction and a bit of glee as well, glad that his trick had worked. Now the painful part for Rhys would begin, as the Captain rushed towards the open window and leaped through it. He grunted in pain as his feet hit the ground. Rhys looked around before noticing that someone was standing on the roof above ahead of him.

Presumably the thief, the man had green hair and a shirt that didn't fit him properly, Rhys noted as he looked at the crook's abs for a few seconds before studying the rest of his appearance. Loose pants, armed with a knife and possibly more, and a look of amused curiosity that annoyed Rhys rested on the thief's face as well. He'd be a runner, even if we was foolish enough to wait until now for someone to investiage.

"If you give me the necklace now, I will not pursue you," Rhys replied as he looked up towards the man. It would be better to avoid a chase, with the way Rhys wounds were. Since the thief wouldn't know that Rhys was injured most likely, threats were his best option.
Katie

"I believe in you Nell. You aren't going to ... go feral," Katie reassured as she squeezed Nell's hand carefully. It seemed like such a perfect(ly sad) moment that Katie grabbed onto Nell's hand and added, "and you aren't going to hurt me even if you did," She stated before kissing Nell on the cheek.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 12:51 pm

Sunny gave Savina a sad smile and nodded in thanks for her understanding.

"I never want to go back and if I do, it will be to take my mother away from there. She was the one thing that kept me going and I was her's."
------------
Nell didn't respond at first. He wasn't sure. He wanted to believe her words. That he would never hurt her or go wild, but he didn't know.

"Let's try to enjoy the rest of our date, ok? No more depressing subjects."
-----------
Jewels glanced down at Rhys and smiled widely.

"I would never want to run from someone as handsome as you, but as a theif, I cannot give up so easily." Jewels winked at him. "Besides I like a chase." Then he set off. "Catch me if you can!"
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 12:59 pm

Katie

Katie leaned back from her Nell and bit her lip, nodding in reply. She was a tad disappointed that he hadn't reacted much to her move, but the girl understood.

"Ok ... want to go to the top of the Phoenix?" Katie asked as pointed to the top of one of the taller buildings in the area, the faint glow of well positioned flames could be seen from down here, faint as they were. "I mean, I know the stairclimb will be a bit ... crazy. But it's supposed to be beautiful and ... private as well," Katie explained with a nervous smile.
------------------------
Savina

Savina nodded in reply before trying to fake a smile.

"Well ... when was the last time you communicated with her?" Savina asked inquisitively.
------------------------
Rhys

"WHAT!?" Rhys explained in confusion, slight fear, and dash of envy that he didn't recognize as well. That's it, this bastard was getting the book thrown at him, Rhys decided as he rushed towards a wall and quickly climbed it, doing everything he could to not scream out in pain as he landed onto the roof. The Captain looked around the area and noticed that the Thief was running ahead with the Jewels. And so Rhys grinned for the first time in who knows how long before he quickly and whistled magically and loudly once again just to annoy the thief, before running after the Jewels as quickly as his body would allow.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 1:04 pm

Nell nodded at Katie's suggestion and leaned over to kiss her on the cheek.

"Whatever you want Katie. You're in charge today."
-------------
Mab opened her eyes and looked at Carlisle, then closed them again.

"When did it happen?"
-------------
Sunny looked down at her feet in silence. A few minutes passed before she spoke.

"Not since I became a Knight. I mean I sent some letters, but lately I've been busy and everything." Sunny looked at Savina. "What about you? Was your childhood bad or good?"
-------------
Jewels swore again as he stumbled. He glared back at Rhys and stuck his tongue out.

"I won't stop that easily." Then he sent Rhys a wolfish grin. "Unless you agree to have dinner with me. Then I might stop....sorry. What is your name? Unless you forgot it because your Captain drilled you into a mindless soldier, which would be a pity."
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 1:24 pm

Katie

"Great ... then lets go," Katie responded before looking away, sighing loudly as a big grin rested on her face.
Savina

Savina sighed in a depressed manner as she put her arm around Bakar's shoulder. It was going to be one of those days now, the Soldier could tell.

"Well, my parents are rich and powerful. My Father is Grand General Elda," Savina stated with a bit of pride in her voice, and a load of regret in her expression as well. "They wanted a Son," she continued while giving Sunny a knowing look. "I mean, they weren't nearly as bad as your village, just vocally disappointed in me. Soooo, I went the other way and tried to be the perfect Daughter, by acting like the perfect son. They got a bit better after that," Savina stated as she glanced down towards the ground. The Soldier contemplated continuing on, eventually deciding to go with it before she removed her chain mail and began to unbutton her tunic while explaining, "I was kidnapped in the capital six years ago by ... I have no idea whatsoever. It was only for eight days, and then people from the Order of Shadows found me and brought me to my Father," Savina explained as she turned around, making sure Bakar and no one outside of the carriage could see her front as she removed her tunic, revealing her back to Nell and Sunny. Where it had been ever since she had disappeared, the twisted symbol of Nex the God of death laid. "But I had this with me now. Ever since then I've had the same dream every night," Savina informed Bakar and Sunny as she quickly slipped her tunic back on, buttoning it up as quickly as she could before she turned back around and sat downa again.
Rhys

Rhys cheeks flushed as the Thief turned around and mocked him. "I am the Captain," Rhys growled as he leapt from one rooftop to another to keep up with his target. The Captain wouldn't even dare to deign the Thief's actual offer with a response.
----------------------------------
Carlisle

"Hmm?" Carlisle asked as he quickly sat up, looking at Mab as he pulled his hand out of the water and allowed the river to push them.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 1:37 pm

"Oh so I am being pursued by the Captain? Well I guess the Goddess of Love shines down on me today," Jewels said. He could feel he was getting under Rhys's skin and that made him happier. He was having such fun. But they were nearing the center of town and once there, the chase would stop as Jewels would disappear into the crowd. So Jewels decided to keep going. "I always knew she would send only good-looking people after me and I got very lucky with you."

Jewels frowned. "Though you never said anything to my offer. Too shy to say yes?"
-------------
"I was asking when did you start liking me," Mab said, keeping her eyes closed.
-------------
Sunny had an urge to reach out and touch Savina's back, but she stopped herself. She suddenly felt closer to the other girl though.

"I guess we were both disappointments. I was never kidnapped though. I did get a terrible burn on my upper arm but I was playing with fire at the time, so it's different. But I'm glad that we are close enough that you could tell me that."
------------
Nell let Katie lead the way.
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 1:47 pm

Carlisle

"Well I always liked you, you've always been nice," Carlisle responded as he stared at Mab, confused by the question. But a few seconds after answering it, the Heir realized that's not what Mab meant by her question.

"Oh ...." Carlisle muttered as he puffed up his cheeks, blowing out a large amount of air as he thought the question over. "I suppose it was when I was fighting Caesar to protect you, I realized it around then in the forest," Carlisle answered matter-of-factly, not wanting to blush.
Katie

It took almost an hour of walking, and quite a few breaks, but Katie and Nell eventually did reach the top of the Phoenix. Lanterns of fire floated around the entire roof, and a lush garden full of tropical looking plants and flowers grew uncut everywhere around the roof. Katie couldn't help but look up at the sky and note that the stars were out now, and even with the lanterns around, she could see more stars then she ever had down on the ground level. Katie remembered why she had wanted to go to a more romantic location in the first place though and looked towards Nell, smiling before she asked, "This is nice?"
Rhys

Rhys sneered in reply, only to be cut off as he stumbled on a loose shingle, forcing the Captain to catch his feet and almost pull open one of the wounds on his right back shoulder. Rhys was still pretty sure that the Thief was mocking him by asking such disgusting questions, though how the Thief knew about Rhys that well, the Captain wasn't sure.

"Such a question doesn't deserve a response," Rhys replied loudly, now running after the Thief much more slowly as his stamina dropped quickly, his injuries finally overtaking him.

Last edited by Alec on Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 1:54 pm

"Aww and why not," Jewels whined, pouting. He knew that flirting with the Captain would be fun. Flirting with straight guys always was. But he also felt a little disappointed. Rhys was attracted. "Am I not pretty enough for you Captain? I bet you like pretty girls. You're type always does."
----------------
Nell closed his eyes and took in a deep breath. His ears and tailed relaxed as he took in the scent of the garden. But what made him happy was that he couldn't really hear much.

"It's amazing. You're amazing," he said, blushing a little.
----------------
"For me it was when we were traveling during the winter. I only had one crush and that was on my first kiss, but then James left and I focused on my Priestess studies." Mab opened one eye. "If you liked me, then why didn't you say or do anything?"
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 2:03 pm

Rhys

Rhys stood in place and stared at the thief, dumbfounded by what he was saying. It would seem he didn't know, Rhys realized, relieved and yet slightly disappointed as well. What the crook said afterward stung a bit more, though at least Rhys wouldn't have to worry about being blackmailed or being asked out anymore. That ... was unpleasant, to say the least.
But now that he had stood still for more then ten seconds, Rhys knew he wouldn't be able to start running again.

"If I answer your ... disgusting questions, will you give me the necklace?" Rhys asked carefully as he made sure to sound a bit put-upon and angry.
Katie

Katie smiled in return as she grabbed onto Nell's hand and pulled him towards a bench that was sitting half behind a bush a few yards away.
Carlisle

"I had," Carlisle began to say before he bit his lip nervously. "I had some reservations about the entire idea of being attracted to you and your personality. I thought that you might not feel the same way, and if I asked and we had to continue travel together, I can't think of anything more unpleasant," The Champion admitted as he rubbed the back of his neck. "And what if you did like me back, it could have still ended awfully. At least, I thought it might," he admitted while looking down, a bit shamed by his admittance.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 2:13 pm

Jewels froze in place and turned to face Rhys. He cocked a hip and raised an eyebrow at him.

"Not sure what changed your mind Captain, but I am listening." Jewels was close enough that he could get away, maybe not with the necklace, but at least he wouldn't be arrested.
------------
Nell let himself be lead to the bench and looked at Katie.

"Katie did you have a reason for bringing up here besides the view?"
------------
Mab smiled at Carlisle's explanation.

"Well it would have made things less awkward, but I'm glad that I kissed you."

-------

https://newworldsrp.rpg-board.net/viewtopic.forum?t=362
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 40 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Succession: Rebellion
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40