New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Big T

Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 9:46 am

Toph caught on to Katara's heartbeat. It was frantic. She frowned and sighed. "That sounds resonable to me," she said. "Besides, they probably just got tired of us teasing 'em for... well, being them."

She was helping Katara out. If Katara wanted to talk, she would later, because right now it was just awkward as hell. Toph liked poking fun, but not when it might go too far and ruin the reunion with her friends she had been looking forward to for so long.
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

Location : 'ow's I suppost ta know? Now get back ta work, ya miserable grot!

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 10:51 am

Katara smiled wryly, her heart rate slowing a little. Knowing Toph was agreeing with her was one less worry, but there was still Sokka and his hardheadedness, and no telling what Aang would say. So as much of a relief Toph provided, she was still stressed, to say the least.

"Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Sokka ran into another Saber-tooth moose-lion cub." Katara said, nervously chuckling.
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 11:26 am

"He'll make a new friend, then. He's good with cute little meat creatures," said Toph, grinning.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 12:26 pm

Sokka rolled his eyes. He sighed, "Fine. I'll go with Aang."

He looked at Katara pointedly, signaling to her that he and her really needed to talk about this later.
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 12:35 pm

Katara noted the look her brother sent her, and signaled back that she would. They did need to talk...she just wasn't looking forward to it. After all, fair was fair, Sokka told her what was going on with him, even though it was clearly painful for him, she should at least return the gesture...she just needed to think of how to approach it.

If this went the way they were likely to go, Aang would talk with him, or at least broach the topic; however, even that felt wrong. Sokka was her brother, and he deserved to hear it from her, if nothing else.
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 3:39 pm

"Well, now that that's taken care of," said Toph, thinking she might try and broach the topic with Katara later. Maybe she would be more willing to talk if they were alone. "We should probably get down to business."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 9:42 pm

"Yeah. Right?" He turned to Aang, unsure if it was him or Kuruk right now, "Are you ready, Aang?"
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 10:15 pm

Aang

"I'm ready."

Commander Moru

"Sir, may I speak my mind?" Commander Moru, Gen Li's second-in-command, spoke up as they left the Avatar and his companions behind.
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 10:24 pm

IC: Gen Li

Gen Li nodded. "Of course, commander," he said. "You know I am always willing to heed your advice."
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 10:38 pm

Moru

"Thank you, sir." Moru cleared his throat before continuing. "I am a little...concerned about the presence of the Avatar here. I believe he may prove more of a hindrance than anything else."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 10:45 pm

(Sorry. Forget about this post.)

Last edited by almostinsane99 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 10:48 pm

((They are out of the room. Sokka cannot hear him.))
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 10:49 pm

Gen Li glanced at his second. "Explain yourself, commander. I am afraid I do not understand."
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 10:55 pm

Moru

"I am sorry if I offended you, sir." Moru quickly said, giving his superior a formal bow. "I know the Avatar is the only reason why the both of us are still alive, and that he is responsible for the war's end. I do respect him as our savior, but I have my concerns. I have heard legends about this 'Koh' spirit. They say that he is one of the most powerful spirits in the other world. Perhaps the most powerful. The Avatar is the only other spirit I can think of that rivals him in strength. "

"But Koh is a crafty and wicked beast, from what I have heard, and from what these killings have shown. I am a little concerned that this could all be a ploy to bring the Avatar himself here, so his cult can capture him. The Avatar is the bridge between our world and the Spirit World, as I understand. I suspect that, if I were such a being like Koh, that he might try to use the Avatar as a portal of sorts, to cross over into this world fully. Mind you, this is nothing but a theory. But I am concerned that this could be a real threat and possibility." Moru explained.
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 11:03 pm

"It is possible, I suppose," said Gen Li. "But what other option do we have? If Koh is involved and is as strong as the stories say, then the Avatar may well be the only one who can put a stop to this madness." He frowned. "And I doubt we could convince the boy to stand down, either way."
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 1:28 pm

Ducking under upraised roots and jumping over rocks, the large, muscular man fought to get away from anything, everything. For what felt like years, he had been running through this boggy forest, filled with strange plants and ancient trees, and talking animals.

Worse yet, he had no bending. His bending made him fearsome, dangerous, and now...he was running for his life, or what there was of it. Passing by yet another large tree, sitting close to the bog as it’s exposed roots formed an alcove, when from behind him came the last thing he was expecting, “Well, hello there.”

A startled and panicked cry echoed throughout the forest, muffled by the bog’s fog as he backed into the alcove, trying to escape. His worried eyes scanned the bog, limited by the edges of his tree-root cave, he saw nothing, heard nothing save for the faint sound of what might have been gecko-frogs. His breathing heavy and quick, he stood as still as possible. There was nothing there; perhaps he had imagined it.

Or would have believed so, if something at the top of his viewing range hadn’t caught his attention. A thin, insect appendage reached into view, and curled like a finger around the mouth of the alcove, shortly followed by another. He tried to back away further, the roots of the tree preventing his retreat as from between the insect legs appeared the eyes of a young girl.

“Hello, mister.” Said the face as it moved into view, black hair hanging towards the ground from its upside-down vantage point. The man backed against the root-wall, gasped in horror as the black and maroon carapace attached to the face started to fill the opening of the alcove, twisting so that the face was right-side up, the deep, brown eyes of the face looking directly at him.

“So glad that I found you,” it said with sickeningly sweet mirth, as its legs slid behind him, pulling his struggling form away from the tree. “Such plans I have for you…” said Koh, laughing sadistically as he carried the man off to his tree.
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 10:18 pm

With their plans set, the four heroes gave their farewells and separated. Toph was sorry to hear Sokka and Aang go--especially Sokka--but she reassured herself that they would meet up soon enough.

They had a job to do, now.

"So, which village do we hit first?" she asked Katara.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 10:42 pm

Moru

"I see your point, sir. Still, I think we should take some precautions, sir." Moru advised.
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 11:35 pm

"Yes. That would be for the best," said Gen Li. "What sort of precautions would you recommend, Moru?"
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:18 am

Sokka nodded at Toph and Katara as he and Aang set out on the opposite direction. He turned to Aang and said, "Looks like we're visiting Pyiang first."
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 1:30 pm

"Well, I suppose Shen Yang would be a good start. And i suppose while we're heading there, you and I can, well..." Katara took a deep breath as her heart started pounding, "Well, I guess you've already figured that there's some thing I haven't told you guys, and I guess...well, now would be a good time."

Katara looked at Toph, her pale green eyes hidden behind her lustrous black hair, then turned her gaze to the ground, "Guess we should get moving, huh?" she said quietly as she started walking.
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:11 pm

"Sure. It'll take us at least an hour to get there." Toph tailed after Katara. "You can talk to me along the way. Only if you want to, though." She smiled. "I think I know you well enough not to push when you're not in the mood."
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 8:11 am

Katara smiled at Toph, "I trust you would know me well enough, but I have to talk to someone eventually, so it may as well be you. Though, hopefully, I can tell Sokka myself, he is my brother after all." Her smile fell slightly as her pace also slowed.

"Where to begin...you know, I never really realized just how much things can change in just a few months." Katara said with a chuckle, "I mean, just look at you. Just a few months and yet, you've gotten so tall. Still hardheaded, and beautiful, doubt that'll ever change, but..." Heart heart sped up as she fought to continue, "I guess what I'm getting at, is that, like I said, a lot can change in a few months...Aang and I were no different."
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 9:35 am

Toph caught on immediately. "Oh." They weren't even together anymore; they had grown apart. She didn't even know if she could believe it. It had always felt like Katara and Aang had been joined at the hip. "I'm sorry," she said, and she meant it.
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 1:14 pm

Katara smiled wryly, "It's okay, Toph. Not like you did anything." Katara looked up at the sky as she continued, "You know, when things were starting out between us, I honestly believed I loved him, but as time went on...I realized I didn't. We were together for a month before I broke up with him; I know he was hurt, he did love me, I just couldn't return it.

"Being Ambassador for the Water Tribes gave me time away to think, I mean, really think about myself. And you know something? I don’t think I ever really liked guys.” Katara was nervous, as this was the most open she had ever though about being, especially with Toph.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Worlds Roleplaying :: Roleplaying :: The Roleplay Graveyard-
Jump to: