New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Big T

Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 11:10 pm

"I figured you would be used to it by now," said Toph, with a fond smile despite her teasing. She gave the soldier a slight bow. "Thanks. Don't worry. I'll keep a foot on this dangerous criminal for you."

Yeah. Only a hint of sarcasm. She was getting better.

Once she and Sokka were alone, she said, "Sometimes, it's better to be a little crafty to get what you want." She grinned. "Don't tell me you've already forgotten I'm a pretty damn good con artist, Sokka Water Tribe."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 11:16 pm

Sokka felt himself laugh, perhaps a little more than he would normally have. He was both thrilled about seeing his friend again and her possibly saving his life for the umpteenth time. He wrapped his arms around her in a short hug, noting that she had gotten taller since the last time he saw her.

He let go of her and grinned, "Yeah, I remember, Ms. Bei Fong. How could you? What would society think?"

Last edited by almostinsane99 on Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 11:20 pm

"I stopped caring what society thought a long time ago," she said.

She could not help it. She blushed, loving the feel of his arms around her. Damn. Even months apart from him, and she was still crazy about the guy.

She laughed and gave him a friendly punch in the arm. "It's so good to see you again, Sokka." She wiggled a dusty foot, grinning. "Figuratively speaking, of course."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 11:48 pm

"Yeah, of course," Sokka told her, frowning at her tease. Honestly, it was easy to forget that she was blind sometimes. Besides, she liked it a lot better than being treated like a delicate flower.

"So, what are you doing here? Last I heard, you were convincing the Earth King that Bosco was not a suitable replacement for Long Feng, even if he did smell better," Sokka grinned.
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

Location : 'ow's I suppost ta know? Now get back ta work, ya miserable grot!

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 10:03 am

Katara looked down into her own reflection in the water, the steam-boat’s progress distorting it with its wake. A lot can change in a couple months, and needless to say, her Ambassador duties had been put on hold when she caught wind of a rumor while on her way to negotiate trade between the Water tribe and the Earth Kingdom. She had sent ahead a message that an issue had come up that required her attention.

The rumors were that children were disappearing in an Earth Kingdom town; their bodies discovered some days later, some with their faces removed. She was on her way to see what she could do to help them and put a stop to these grisly murders. “Ambassador, we have arrived,” said the navigator as he approached, “We will be docking momentarily.”

Katara turned from her thoughts and smiled kindly, “Thank you.” And with a bow, he left, leaving Katara to her thoughts once more. “What sort of person would do such a thing?” she asked herself, turning to disembark the docking ship.

The small old man turned his lifeless, hollow eyes upon the masked men as a cold and malevolent voice flowed from his being, “You would mistake me for a mere child?” his voice crawled through their skull as they shook, fearful of their lord’s wrath. Ethereal, unseen limbs extended from the old man, pushing outward to his followers, bracing them to the wall by their throats.

“I am not usually so merciful, but I’m willing to spare you,” the malevolence said with an air of exasperation, “However, I do not give second chances lightly. Your error may have been insignificant, but I can’t have that. Errors are costly, understand?”

The only answer was the panicked gurgling and struggling of the suffocating figures. “Very good, now don’t disappoint me.” He mocked as they dropped to the ground, “I am pleased with the number of sacrifices you’ve all been giving me. So many youthful faces, so many emotions…it shouldn’t be too much longer, but in the mean time, keep up the diligent work!” the small figure began to quake as twisted laughter erupted from him, cutting off abruptly as Koh left him.
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 9:12 pm

"Yeah. That was an interesting conversation," said Toph, and by that she meant annoying and a waste of time. "The truth is, I really don't know why I'm here. The Earth King got some urgent message from one of the Army officers here, and he thought I would be able to help. All we were told was that it was pretty serious." She frowned. "And from what I can guess, it probably has a lot to do with why you were arrested."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 9:30 pm

"No rest for the wicked... Stupid karma," Sokka muttered. He looked at the mask in his friend's hands, "They said that some group of people that wear masks like those are behind it. I think they were eager to catch one."
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 9:34 pm

"Obviously, if they arrested you just for holding this," said Toph. "It's not like you look like a deranged psychopath, huh?"

A soldier raced up to the pair. He bowed. "Welcome to our outpost, Lady Toph," he said. "We are glad you arrived safely."

She shrugged. "This place isn't that far from Ba Sing Se. Aside from the bandits I took out a few miles back, it was a pretty boring trip. They just don't make dangerous roads like they used to, you know?"

The man blinked, unsure whether or not to believe her. He cleared his throat. "Unfortunately, Captain Gen Li is not here at the moment. He traveled to Shinsu Village early this morning, to investigate a certain matter."

"What kind of matter?" said Toph.

"I am not sure. He only said it had to do with the recent murders in Tang Province."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 9:36 pm

"Creepy child murders, right?" Sokka asked the man with a frown. The guard only nodded. He grimaced, "Why can't we ever go anywhere that isn't in dire peril?"
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 9:42 pm

"Child murders?" Toph had heard stories, even in Ba Sing Se, but it had just been that. Stories. You didn't like to think such evil could exist. Even she, who had helped stop a genocide, liked to think the world was basically good. "Damn. So there are sick freaks involved."

"Captain Gen Li will give you more information, when he returns from his latest investigation," said the soldier. "Until then, as the second-in-command here, I give you full leave to rest and recover here. You are welcome to anything you need."

Toph nodded. "Thanks. Have a room for us?"

He led she and Sokka to a small room in the barracks. Three cots lined the three walls, surrounding the doorway.

"It is not much, I am afraid," he said. He looked ashamed. "We are a large outpost, but we are an outpost. Simple military issue, and all that. I am sorry if this is in any way an incon--"

"It's fine," said Toph. "I usually sleep on the ground anyway. A cot is like luxury compared to that, I guess."

The soldier blinked. "If you need anything..." He left them alone.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 9:53 pm

"Finally, a bed," Sokka sighed in relief, falling down into one with a grin before his face became serious again.

"So, what do you know about all this?" he asked Toph with a frown, "I'd blame Azula, but she's still locked in the happy house."
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 9:56 pm

"I'd like to learn a little bit more about what's going on before I make a guess," she said. Toph flung her pack onto another cot before sitting down her self. "And that won't happen until the captain gets back, so... Maybe another topic?"

Her face turned towards him. Her eyes fell just over his shoulder.

"Why are you here, Sokka?" she said. "I thought you were on Kyoshi Island."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 10:02 pm

Sokka nodded in agreement with changing topics, but grimaced at the mention of Kyoshi Island. He should have know this would come up.

"Well, it was nice. I was treated like a celebrity and I was with Suki and trained a lot, but, I just needed to start traveling again. I couldn't stay there," he told her truthfully, hoping his friend wouldn't ask about Suki.
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 10:07 pm

"You got the traveling itch." She smiled. "I get that. I had it bad, too, when I was stuck in Ba Sing Se. It was nice to get sent off on a mission, finally."

Though now she was wondering if it was worth it, if a child murderer was on the loose.

She frowned suddenly, realizing something odd. "Where's Suki?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 10:13 pm

"Um... I offered for her to come with me, but she wasn't pleased. Said she had responsibilities..." he admitted sheepishly.

Defensively, he continued, "Hey, I tried to resist it for her, but I just couldn't. When she told me it was traveling or her, I stayed... For a week. Then, I told her I couldn't sit on a porch like an old man. Well, she got angry, I got angry back, and she through my bags into the ocean for the Unagi."

He paused for a moment, looking pensive. At last, he said, "At least she didn't throw my boomerang in with them."
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 10:20 pm

Toph was shocked by the story. She had always thought Sokka and Suki were close and loving, and all that junk. It had made a monster growl in her chest when Sokka had announced he would return to Kyoshi Island with Suki, all those months ago. But he had been so happy, she had not rained on his parade.

Now that this wasn't the case anymore, she didn't quite know what to feel. Some part of her was pleased, but that same part made her feel incredibly guilty. What kind of person was she, to think and feel such things? And it was this part that could only feel badly for Sokka and his loss.

He had loved this girl, and her own love aside, Toph had hoped he would find happiness.

"I'm sorry, Sokka," she said. "I didn't know."
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 10:37 pm

((Sorry I haven't posted, I've been a bit busy. What's happened, thus far?))
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 10:41 pm

OOC: There have been a series of child murders in an area of the Earth Kingdom called the Tang Province. The children are stolen from their homes. A strange symbol will be left behind. A few days later, the corpse of the stolen child will be found.

Toph has come to help the investigation, and she has run into Sokka. Katara is also on her way, though these two don't know it yet.

And no one knows who the culprit behind the crimes truly is: the Clan of the Face-Stealer.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 10:43 pm

Sokka nodded, grateful for his friend's sympathy. He smiled weakly at her, "It's fine. I guess we wanted different things. Still, plenty more fish in the sea and all that junk, right?"

The cloaked figure bowed as the spirit of Koh left them. He turned to other members of his clan, "Accelerate our abductions. Lord Koh's time is close at hand. All will soon fear the Clan of the Face Stealer."

One of the men with him gulped, "But, sir. We've already attracted too much attention."

The leader merely smacked him to the ground, "I don't care. Take the children in broad daylight for all I care or we will be offering you next. Got it?"

The man nodded fearfully and left with his comrades, fearful of their leader's wrath.

(Perhaps Long Feng could work with them or propose a deal?)
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 10:44 pm

((Ok. Where should I have Long Feng and Aang in all this?))
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 10:48 pm

OOC: It is up to you, Magus. You could do as almost suggests with Long Feng, if you wanted to.

She grinned. "Sure there is. You're a good guy, Sokka. You'll find someone special one day, so chin up, huh?"
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 10:53 pm

"Thanks," he told her again, perking up, "As a matter of fact, I think I'll need a stick to fight them off. Who wouldn't want someone as handsome and famous as me?"

(The Super Adventure Club Clan would help out Long Feng for children. Maybe help conquer Ba Sing Se for its children? Wow.... What sickos...)
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 10:56 pm

She snickered. "So famous, the guards here didn't even know who you were. They just arrested you on the side of the road."

Toph was only teasing him. She could not even see him, not really, and she was attracted to the idiot. Not that she would ever tell him that, of course. She didn't want to lose her best friend, especially after having not been with him for so long.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 10:59 pm

Sokka's face blanched.

"You benders take all the credit," he complained, folding his arms. He tried to sound angry, but he couldn't keep the playfulness out of his voice
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 11:02 pm

"Aw, don't get all pouty on me, Sokka," said Toph. "They didn't recognize me either, if that makes you feel any better." She waved the Bei Fong seal around, grinning. "Made for a nice surprise though, huh?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next