New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 11:07 pm

"Yeah, it did. Still, I can't believe Aang and Zuko took all the glory," Sokka commented with a frown, "We were the ones that stopped a genocide. They just thought two insane people with firebending times 100."
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 11:09 pm

"You honestly wanted people hounding you every second of the day?" Toph smiled. "Hero worship is nice and all, but I'd rather spend my time hanging out with you guys, and not some crazy fans or, worse, suitors who are suddenly interested in little old me."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 11:13 pm

Sokka grimaced, suddenly understanding why Zuko had so many guards and while Aang never stayed in one place too long, "Okay, I don't envy them that. We're both too young and good-looking to be married yet."
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 11:21 pm

((Hm. Ok. Where are Katara, Toph, and the rest of the Gaang right now? And I don't think Long Feng would do that. I have a certain view of the man. He may be evil, but he's no monster. There are certain things he would never do to gain back his power, especially after his failed deal with Azula. Sacrificing Ba Sing Se's children would be one of the things he'd never do, in my view.))
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 11:26 pm

OOC: Toph and Sokka are in an outpost, comprised of police and soldiers, in the Tang Province. They are waiting to speak with Gen Li, the man in charge of the investigation. Katara is headed in that direction as well.

Toph burst out laughing. "Yeah. I'm not ready to settle down just yet, either. There's too much of the world I haven't been too yet."

Though she wouldn't mind having someone accompany her on these travels.

"You hungry?" she asked. "I bet it's been a while since you sat down and had a meal."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 11:32 pm

(Ah. I see. What would he do, Magus?)

As if in response, Sokka's stomach growled. He grinned sheepishly, "Well, they didn't exactly stop to consider my needs while they were dragging me here."

He sat up, "Do you think they'll give us a decent meal?"
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 11:35 pm

"This is a military outpost. Well, half of it is. That means there has to be a mess hall." Toph hopped off her cot. "Besides, the guy who led us here said if we needed anything, we'd just have to ask. I bet that included a nice, hot meal."
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 11:36 pm

((I see. Hm. I have an interesting idea I wish to discuss with you, Big T. May we continue this via PM?))

((After recovering from the shock of his loss and after breaking out of prison (which wouldn't be hard, and right now he's the least of the EK's concerns), he would go somewhere else to put up shop, so to speak. He'd insert himself into a position of power and, over time, would use it to his advantage.))
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 11:44 pm

OOC: That's fine with me, Magus.
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

Location : 'ow's I suppost ta know? Now get back ta work, ya miserable grot!

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 9:00 am

Katara walked cautiously through the outpost, noting its similarities to a farming community. Spotting an Earth Kingdom soldier, she approached casually, “Excuse me, sir?” The soldier turned to her, looking both ways, and behind himself before pointing to himself with a questioning look and his face. Katara nodded, walking up to him, “Uhh, well, how can I help you, ma’am?”

Katara smiled lightly, “If you can, I’d like to speak to whoever is in charge here about some rumors I’ve been hearing about.” The guards face paled visibly, looking both ways again, “What exactly do you know about that?” he asked, barely above a whisper. Katara moved in closer, whispering back, “My name is Katara, I’m the Ambassador of the Water tribe and I’m here to help.”

The soldier’s face was a mix of emotions, the most prominent was confusion. Mulling it over a few minutes, realization dawned upon him as he did a mental double-take, “Oh, gosh, I didn’t realize…where are my manners?” He gave Katara a curt bow, “ Ambassador Katara, it is a pleasure to meet you. I welcome you to our outpost. Regretfully, Captain Gen Yi is away on investigation of Shinsu village , but his second-in-command is acting captain till he returns; however, he is also preoccupied.” His expression fell at the last part.

“That’s alright,” Katara said with a smile, “Is there anywhere I can stay until I can speak with either of them?” The soldier scrunched his face in thought, “Well, I suppose I could take you to the guard outpost. We don’t exactly have anything fit for an Ambassador such as yourself, but we have food and a place to rest.” He motioned for Katara to follow him.

Katara gave a small laugh, “It’s alright. Believe it or not, I’m not used to luxury, so I’ll get by.” As they progressed through the dirt streets, Katara observed her settings, “For a military outpost, there sure are a lot of farms.” “Hm?” asked the soldier absent-mindedly, before he understood the question, “Oh, my apologies. While most guard posts receive shipments, we have just as many that work with farms and small villages, keeping them safe while receiving some of the produce and such.”

“I see. So you cut out the shipment time while keeping the farms from being harassed by bandits and the like.” “Exactly.” He responded, coming to a stop if front of a fairly large building, “Well, here we are. Just make your way inside, just down the hall to your left. If you need any help, someone should be close by. Farewell and please, enjoy your stay.” With a curt bow, he left Katara and made his way back the way they came.

“Well, only one way to go now,” and she stepped through the doorway and into the building.
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 10:36 am

Sokka did not have a chance to respond to her promise of a hot meal. Toph started and turned. A smile grew on her face.

"This day just keeps getting better." She gestured almost frantically at Sokka. "C'mon! Someone just got here, and I bet you'll be glad to see her too."

Toph darted out of the small barracks room. It did not take her long to track down her other long, lost friend.

"Fancy meeting you here, Sweetness," she greeted Katara.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 12:27 pm

Sokka blinked, a bit confused, but followed after Toph all the same. He grinned when he heard his sister's familiar nickname.

"Katara! What are you doing here?" he asked her.
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 12:53 pm

It had been a long time since anyone called her that, too long. And the voice still held its biting seductiveness. Feeling her cheeks flair, she turned towards the source of the voice. The months since she last saw Toph had been good to her; Still as beautiful as she remembered, especially her milky-green eyes, but taller.

Her eyes began to water as she gasped a single word, “Toph…” and closed the distance quickly, wrapping her arms around the earth bender’s taut frame. Inhaling the girl’s earthy scent, clutching her dearly, “I missed you so much.”

Looking up, she saw her brother, “Sokka,” releasing the earth bender, she moved over to her older brother, embracing him as well, “I’m so glad to see you both.” Pushing her brother away and hold him at arm's length, "What are you guys doing here?" she asked, her voice equally overjoyed.
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 9:11 pm

"Sokka got arrested, so I saved his butt," said Toph. "Me, I'm here by request. There's some pretty nasty stuff going down around here, and they want my help in fixing it." She grinned and punched Katara in the arm. "And I've missed you too, Sugar Queen."

Who knew investigating grisly child murders would have a bright side? Or whatever bright was... She had two of her closest, dearest friends with her. They were more of a family to her than her own, really.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 9:15 pm

"So, where's Aang?" Sokka asked Katara with a grin, happy to see his sister again after so long, "Last I heard, he was traveling with you."

He rolled his eyes at Toph, "No need to mention I was arrested."
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 9:17 pm

Toph snickered. "Why not? I think it's hilarious! And it couldn't have been too bad, right? I mean, it helped us meet up again."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 9:22 pm

"Well, that's true," Sokka smiled at her. He really was glad to see Toph and his sister again after so long. Nonethelss, he complained, "But Katara could have lectured me about breaking the law again."
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 9:30 pm

"He didn't," said Toph, by way of an explanation for Katara. "With what's going on in this region, some soldiers took him in on suspicion."
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 9:58 pm

Aang

"Excuse me, sir?" Aang asked, heading over to the nearest soldier he could find. "Could you please point me into the direction of General Li's headquarters? I'm suppose to be meeting him there."

((....Not my best first post, but I couldn't think of much else to write.))
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 9:59 pm

"Yeah, I was going to be executed or worse if Lady Toph didn't come to my rescue," Sokka commented sarcastically.
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 10:04 pm

The soldier blinked tiredly as he looked at Aang. He immediately recognized the Avatar. He bowed.

"Welcome to our outpost, Avatar Aang," he said. "It is an honor to be in your presence." The soldier stood again. "General Gen Li has his headquarters here, at this fortress. He is not here at the moment, though. He is in Shinsu Village, investigating..." He paled, frowning. "Have you heard what has been happening in the Tang Province, Avatar Aang?"

"I hear that sarcasm. And to think you were so happy when I came riding up to your rescue. I guess that makes Lady Toph your Knight in Shining Armor, huh?" she said, gleefully teasing him.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 10:18 pm

"Yeah and I'm the handsome damsel-in-distress," Sokka put back before rowing his eyes, "Shall I kiss you and call you 'my hero'?"
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 10:22 pm

Toph lightly blushed. "Um, yeah... You don't have to do that," she said. She smiled again, and the blush vanished so quickly it was as if it weren't even there. "You could still call me your hero, though. I wouldn't mind that."
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 7:55 am

Katara laughed lightly, "Glad to see you two getting along so well. And seems you're having your usual spree of luck Sokka." Katara absent-mindedly rubbed her arm. Aang, that was a subject she had hoped would be broached so soon. Hopefully, she could avoid it while the subject had changed.

"Well, Lady Sokka, I'll assume that your arrest had something to do with what I've been hearing about. Mostly, I've been hearing rumors, but I was hoping to get a few more details from from the Captain. And you're right, I would have given you a lecture," she turned to Toph and held her hands, "Thank you, Toph, for getting Sokka out of trouble."

Just for good measure, she smiled at Toph, and barely holding back a laugh, "You know, with your metal bending, you could be a knight in shining armor." She returned the playful punch in the arm, smiling.
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 10:17 am

"Ha! See? Katara gets it," said Toph, grinning in Sokka's general direction. "We were just about to go grab something to eat. Come with us, Katara. You guys can tell me what you've been up to the past few months."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next