New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Succession: Rebellion

Go down 
+6
Casey Jewels
TokoToTheEnd
Nightmare13
Alec
Magus1108
almostinsane99
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Alec
Admin
Alec

Succession: Rebellion - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 9:52 pm

Brighe

Brighe sighed loudly after Syrien's reply. "Well thank you very much for expressing your concerns, but I'm sure that all of those things would have been a non-issue. In fact, it's probably safer for the group if I went ahead and scouted the territory first." Brighe replied, a slight defensiveness in her tone.
---------------------
Kegan

Kegan ignored Sten and looked down at Atiya, faking a giant and impressed smile. "She's beautiful, Atiya."
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 10:05 pm

Syrien

"True, I must admit. Still, it was a reckless move. We all care very deeply for you, Brighe, and I would hate if any harm came to you." Syrein answered in a calm and concerned tone.

Rein, Atiya

"Thank you, Daddy!" Atiya exclaimed. Rein suddenly picked the little girl up and began to tickle her. Atiya giggled and squirmed, trying half-heartedly to get out of Rein's hold. Rein paused for a moment to kiss Atiya on the cheek. Atiya giggled again, though she gave a tired yawn.

"Someone getting tired? Ready for you nap?" Rein asked. Atiya quickly shook her head.

"I'm not sleepy!"

But her body betrayed her as Atiya gave another deep yawn.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 10:47 pm

(I have had about zero Internet time lately...)

Ana had made her way into the castle, and was nearing the throne room. She was sticking to the shadows, as always, and searching for Tsuba. The papers were still in the back of her belt, though she had no intention of showing them to the Empress--not yet.

Seeing the guards stationed before the room, she pushed her hood off and stepped out of the shadows, a neutral expression on her face.

"I'm looking for the Empress," she said to them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/215440
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 11:18 pm

Guards

"W-What business do you have with the Empress?" one of the guards asked, looking startled for a moment as Ana came out of the shadows. He quickly recovered, though, and drew out his sword, aiming a weapon at her in the event it was needed. Both guards doubted she was an assassin, since she never would have revealed herself, but they still couldn't take any chances. After all, it wasn't like anyone could see the Empress whenever they wanted.
Back to top Go down
ConfusedShipper123

ConfusedShipper123

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 7:39 am

Liona continued heading south with her group, led by Maul. They were searching for heir Nebi. She tried to focus on the task at hand, rather than think of what a terrible and wonderful victory it would be once they found the heir. She knew he'd just recently escaped from the empress. Disloyal thoughts would do her absolutely no good. She looked around strategically for him, but she figured they had a long way to go.

She glanced over at Savina. What was she thinking here?
Back to top Go down
http://www.procrastinator-writer.blogspot.com/
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 9:02 am

(It's fine. The main plot hasn't even really started yet.)

Kegan/Brighe

"Ah, well while we're pulled over I'll see if there's anything out there that can be used to make a decent pallet anyways. Even if you're not tired." Kegan replied to Rein and Atiya before jumping out of the carriage.

The boy saw Brighe standing in front of the carriage, looking at Syrien. "Thank you." He heard her reply, but to what, Kegan was not sure.
------------------------------------
Katie

Katie smiled as she walked with C.C. out of the Capital. They were near the front of the group, as C.C. was leading them out of the city. They were exiting out of the eastern gate for now. Though if there was a plan or method to what they were doing, Katie certainly didn't know it. "Well, at least it's a beautiful day." Katie commented to C.C. as she saw the land outside of the cities walls.
-------------------------------------
Savina

Savina walked alongside Liona, already half an hour out of the Capital's walls, they were heading South. Almost twenty minutes ago, Savina had been struck by a vision. One of the Soldiers here was going to be killed by Nebi. Well, at least the Heir was going to be there when they died.

Ever since then, Savina had been trying to look for any details that would tell her when and where the death would be happening. But so far, she couldn't figure out anything.
--------------------------------------
Carlisle

Carlisle smiled at Mab as he stood outside of the Capital's walls for the first time in years. They had exited out of the Northern exit, the Doctor knowing that no one would guess that Carlisle would head in that direction. Considering that his past laid to the Southern adn Eastern sections of the Empire.

"So...are you tired?"
----------------------------------------
Senka

Senka continued to ride along with the Inu, though she didn't speak to the boy. After all, what kind of conversation could she have with a dog?
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 12:47 pm

Mab jumped down from the last foot or so. Once she was on the ground she took several deep breaths. When Carlislie asked if she was tired, she smiled and shook her head.

"What would give you that idea? I'm perfectly fine."
-----------
Eiden watched the humans ride onward with a bored look before shimmering out of focus and disappearing. Silence followed his example. Teleporting to follow them would be easy and once they knew where one of the Heirs were, both would teleport to that location. It was almost unfair how easy this was going to be.
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 12:58 pm

Carlisle

Carlisle nodded in reply sheepishly. "I just wanted to make sure. We have a lot of ground to cover.... I think we should go North-East until we hit the Lymark province. Then, if it's alright with you, I'd like to go South." Carlisle stated, looking to see how Mab would feel about that.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:36 pm

"Sure," Mab said, nodding, finally catching her breath. "May I ask if we have a destination? Or are we just randomly traveling?"

Chris had told her little about who Carlislie was. She said it had to do with them trusting eachother enough or something. So Mab wasn't sure where Carlislie was headed.
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 2:32 pm

Carlisle

"If it's not too guarded, the Town of Bree. There's an old...aquaintance of mine that I need to check up on." Carlisle replied vaguely.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 3:59 pm

Syrien

"You are most welcome, Brighe." Syrien replied sincerely. He noticed Kegan standing nearby outside of the carriage.

"Is there something you need?" he asked.

C.C.

"True. Though we probably won't have good weather for most of our journey. Now, while we look for Carlisle, I'm going to teach you some offensive and defensive spells, Katie, alongside your regular teachings. Our route will be taking us into some dangerous places in the Empire, and I want you to be prepared." C.C. said sternly.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 7:24 pm

Ana eyed them as she advanced, fighting hard not to laugh. She stopped just before the sword and held up a hand, placing a finger on the tip of the blade. So easily could she take out the two guards, but that probably wouldn’t bode well for her…

Her finger moved down the sword a bit and then pushed the blade slightly to the side as she turned her attention to the guards. “Business,” she said to them. “About the heirs. Or the rebellion. Either works.”
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Guards

The guards regarded Ana warily. The second guard slowly left the his companion and Ana and went inside the throne room. After a few tense minutes he returned.

"The Empress has approved your request to meet with you. You may go inside."
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 8:01 pm

Ana nodded at the guards and entered the room, looking so much calmer than she felt. She still wasn't sure if this was a good idea, but if things worked out right, she would walk away from this with enough money to last her for a good while.

She turned her gaze to the figure that had to be the 'great' Empress Tsuba and had to fight hard to keep the surprise from showing on her face.

A kid? She had been nervous of a kid? She could handle a mere child, no matter how troublesome they were.

Ana stopped before the throne and gave a nod of her head at the Empress. "I'm not one much for formalities," she said. "I'd like to get to business, if you don't mind."
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 8:10 pm

Tsuba

"Of ocurse," the Empress drawled, "Please, speak. My guard told me you have something of interest to tell me."

Tsuba carefully studied the older woman in front of her with the eyes of a seasoned predator. According to what the frantic guardsman told her just a few moments ago, the mystery woman had appeared out of the shadows, demanding an audience with her. Quite the interesting development, in Tsuba's opinion, especially since this woman claimed it concerned the rebellion and the Heirs. Empress Tsuba had been looking for information on both of the troubling subjects for quite a while, and whatever information this woman had, she'd gladly listen to it.

Not to mention it deviated from her normal schedule. Tsuba did always like a change of pace.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 8:30 pm

"Not necessarily information," she said, choosing her words carefully. "More of, my services. I can find people, get you information. It is what I've been trained to do, and I'm very good at it."

She reached back and pulled out a single sheet of paper from her belt. She had prepared this before hand, just in case, and saw that now was a good time to bring it out. She moved slowly, not wanting to get herself killed, and then stepped closer, holding out the sheet.

"Here's proof of what I can do. You'll find information on one of the southern sects of the rebellion. Not a whole lot, as I was just passing through, but I can easily get more.

"At a price, of course."
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 8:37 pm

Tsuba

Empress Tsuba studied the sheet, taking in the information on it. Some things her intelligence department already knew, but there were other things there they didn't know yet. After a full minute of silence, the Empress nodded in approval.

"Good, good. I can always use another hand in taking down the rebels. You've impressed me, Miss. What is your price?"
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 8:54 pm

"The information I'm getting for you is high risk, and of high importance. It requires a lot of traveling, and it puts my life on the line."

This was going to be the most difficult part. If she named something lower than what the child would give her, she would be missing out on money. If she named something too high, Tsuba might just dismiss her, or make her work for a lower price than she would normally accept.

"Ten talents per sect, with crucial information. If I'm not able to get much on a sect, for one reason or another then five talents."

She didn't offer a lower price, knowing if she said she'd be okay with one, someone like Tsuba would instantly pivot towards that.

(Don't know if you've been using any certain coin system, but since Greek gods were mentioned, I decided to go with Greek coins.)
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 9:18 pm

((Not really. We've just been using generic gold pieces for our currency.))

Tsuba

Tsuba weighed the offer in her mind. It seemed a bit of a high price, but one the Empire could easily afford to pay. And it would be a small price, too, if it led to more information about the whereabouts of the escaped Heirs, and more info about the various rebel sects scattered across the Empire. Very well; it was acceptable.

"Very well, I approve. And, if you come across any crucial information regarding the whereabouts of the various escaped Heirs, no matter how trivial it may seem, I will pay you twenty talents. Consider it an incentive to be your best. I will have someone draw up a basic description of all the missing or escaped Heirs, and a general description about them, as well." Tsuba decreed with a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 9:26 pm

Kegan/Brighe

"Atiya's tired." Kegan replied calmly before walking out into the Forest.

"Of course. We're going to need to buy a few things for her once we're in Lyanor. Along with a decent disguise for Kegan." Brighe commented to Syrien.
Katie

"Oh...well ok then." Katie replied, a bit nervous at the prospect of learning offensive magic. Though C.C. was right. She couldn't afford to be dead weight.

"I suppose that's not too bad.... I mean, without the etiquette lessons or my duties as a Servant, I have twelve hours freed up."
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 10:17 pm

C.C.

"Good, that'll give us plenty of time to practice. But I better not catch you running off with the Inu during your free time." C.C. teased, trying to lighten the mood. The Mage smirked at Katie and raised her eyebrows suggestively.

Syrien

"Indeed. Well, shall we go back to the carriage? I don't think we'll have to wait long for Kegan." Syrien said.

((You're welcome to move Syrien/Brighe/Rein/Kegan on with the time-skip in your next post, Alec.))
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 10:31 pm

Brighe/Kegan

"Of course." Brighe replied as she jumped back onto the front of the carriage, grabbing the reins after she was back up.

Kegan came out of the jungle four minutes later, an odd blanket in his hands that looked like it was weaved out of vine. The boy jumped into the back of the carriage and noticed that Atiya was already asleep. "Well...looks like I took a bit long." Kegan whispered to Rein, a smile on his face. as he handed the magic-crafted blanket to her.
Katie

"Oh don't be ridiculous, C.C. . Just because we're friends does not mean we are going to be intimate with each other. I'm not as desperate as you." Katie teased back. Though it obvious that the young girl had been affected by the Mage's comment, as she was already blushing.
--------------------------------------
Brighe/Kegan

"Well then, I want you three to stay here in the Inn. Do not answer the door, do not leave, and do not repeat your shenanigans in the Jungle. do you understand me!?" Brighe ordered, a stern look in her eyes as she looked down at Kegan, Rein, and Atiya.

They had arrived in Lyanor almost forty minutes ago, but it had taken them quite a while to find a suitable Inn.

"Look, we'll be fine." Kegan protested.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 11:01 pm

C.C.

"Hahaha, very funny, Katie. Good to know you two won't be another Rein and Kegan, though. No offense meant to them, of course. Speaking of the infamous duo, I sure do hope Rein's happy now." C.C. commented. She smirked again after a moment as a realization came to her.

"You like Nell, don't you?" C.C. accused, a wide smile growing across her face.

Rein, Atiya

"Yeah, we're not that stupid or foolish." Rein agreed, trying not to blush as Brighe brought up what had happened in the forest. Syrien said nothing, meanwhile, but just gave Kegan and Rein a knowing stare. Once he and Brighe took their leave, Rein sighed with relief.

"Is it just me, or do they still treat us like children?" Rein half complained, half commented.

Syrien

"Are you sure it is wish to leave them all alone?" Syrien questioned as they walked away.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 11:08 pm

(Alrighty)

Twenty talents?

She had never had such an amount at one time, not even close. But it made sense. This child before her could be killed so easily, and she had put herself into a position where everyone wanted her dead. The Heirs would be top priority.

Ana gave a slight nod of her head, her expression giving away nothing of her thoughts.

"You are generous, Empress. I will find them."

Finally. A challenging hunt, and one that will make me rich besides.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 11:12 pm

Tsuba

"Excellent. Whatever resources you need, so long as you do not abuse them, will be at your disposal. If you wish, you may also coordinate your efforts with a member of the Order of the Shadows. They are expert assassins and hunters. Unless you have anything else to add, you may go." Tsuba said, giving a dismissive wave. While twenty talents may have seemed a lot to Ana, to Tsuba, it wasn't all that much money. She had much more as the daughter of the then Grand General Aaron, and now an even more vast fortune as Empress of the Gaborian Empire. She would not miss such a small fortune.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 20 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Succession: Rebellion
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next