New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Luminarium: The Beginning (Closed)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nando_c_s

nando_c_s

Luminarium: The Beginning (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Luminarium: The Beginning (Closed)   Luminarium: The Beginning (Closed) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 11:05 pm

Story:

Many years ago the Earth was filled with more species than what we could have ever imagined. Dragons, unicorns, phoenixes, griffins, krakens, and many other creatures filled the lands, the oceans, and the air. These were creatures that possessed a certain ability which humans thought to be powerful. The race of Men was divided in two parts, Wizards and Humans. The Wizards were users of Mana, or more commonly known as Magic. The non-practitioners of magic, where the vast majority, humans. Humans have always been considered a dangerous race, for their nature was to cause suffering between themselves and to those around them. They always considered themselves as a superior race; this is the reason as to why they started to hunt those creatures with amazing abilities. They felt the need to prove their superiority. Years passed and passed and humans kept killing the amazing creatures which were natural of this planet.

The Wizards were men who cared for the balance of the world. They were wise indeed. As a measure to save the creatures who were being hunt down by the arrogant humans who did not know of the disaster they where causing, the elders, the 8 most powerful wizards of that Era got together and formed a bridge to an alternate Earth, an Earth that goes by the name of Luminarium. Luminarium was an Earth just like the first, but this one was for the mythological creatures and the Wizards.

The Portal to the alternate Earth opens every 1,000 years in order for the Wizards to be able to set foot on what used to be their home. However, certain measures and rules were set by the Elders in order to prevent a regretful mistake:
1) The portal will only be opened for 24 hours.
2) Any Wizard who did not entered before the portal closed would lose his power and be dammed to be a human and live in Earth.
3) 2 Guardians would be placed at Luminarium’s portal, so that NO creature besides wizards entered Earth.

Simple, yet vital rules.

The Portal in Earth opened on the site where the 8 elders gathered to form Luminarium, the currently known Hedgestone site. Time passed and everything went by smoothly, but peace doesn’t last forever.

December 31 2,999

The creatures that once exited on this Earth are now known to human only in myths and stories. A group of 10 college friends, 5 females and 5 males, decide to visit the Hedgestone site in order to meet the New Year there.

“10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4…” They all chanted together while drinking and jumping around the fireplace directly in the middle of the Hedgestone site. “3, 2,1…” 12:00am.

“BOOOOOM!” ( I suck at effects.)

A large explosion ignited blowing the humans several feet away from the fireplace. Each one of them fell unconscious on the floor.
The 24 hours passed and the portal closed.

The teens woke up only to find themselves someplace that wasn’t the Hedgestone site. They were in some kind of temple that had statues of weird animals and men dressed in large robes.

They walked to the exit of the temple and they were shocked. They were in top of an enormous mountain and they could only see jungle on the bottom and on the horizon. They decided to walk down and explore…

------------------------------------------

OK few things that are Need-To-Know before starting. The age of our characters can’t be higher than 25 nor lower than 18, they were in college. They WERE humans, but as soon as they entered Luminarium they had gained Magic which they will discover and develop as our story goes on. ANY kind of mythical creature that you can think of is in here and later on…I’ll leave thid as a surprise. I want blood, action, death, romance, and even sex (reason why there are 5 of each sex. However, there is no need to go into specific details of the process.). For now it will be survival, we won’t be meeting any Wizard any time soon, they will go down and survive. And as for the magic part, they will learn it slowly. Magic is usually triggered by emotions and at first NOBODY will be able to control it. Magic will be nature related so please don’t make a weapon appear from thin air.

And one more thing, there is going to be one final division. 3 passive Wizards and 7 offensives.
Passive:
Female-TokoToTheEnd
Female-
Male-
Offensive:
Female-
Female-
Female-
Male-Reserved for me!
Male-
Male-
Male-

The passive ones will have abilities to heal and to bless their comrades in battle. The one thing that they cannot do is resurrect. And the offensive will be the ones with the…yeah, the offensive attacks! (Obviously! Lol)

Rules (the usual):

1-No god mooding
2-No Mary-Sue nor Gary-Sues.
3-No less than 4 sentences per post. Be as descriptive as you can, it’s the best way to get a clear picture.
4- No images in the application sheet, I want a written description of the character.
5- I’ve never seen a big OOC fight, but just to prevent any, DON’T DO IT! Or a Dragon will suddenly appear and rip your weak body apart.
6-Break any rule and the Dragon will appear. *Repeat this rule in your first post.
7- I hold the right to change this rules anytime as I wish.
8- HAVE FUN!
9- One OC per user. I want variety. However, this might change if hard to fill spots appear.
If you have a doubt with anything, ask away! I’ll make my best effort to clear any answers that come.

OC Sheet:

Name:
Major (what they were studying at college. Example: If your major was in architecture I’m pretty sure that the entire math lessons might come in handy.)
Personality:
Background:
Other: (Any other skill?)

Last edited by nando_c_s on Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Luminarium: The Beginning (Closed)   Luminarium: The Beginning (Closed) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 1:46 pm

Once OC per person? Ah man! I wanted to create a creature character as well, but it's fine.

Name: Natsuki Monrail
Appearance: Pale skin, ice blue eyes, wavy copper chin hair, 5'2", average weight. She was wearing dark wash jeans, black boots, baggy light brown long sleeve shirt with a black vest over it.
Major: Creative Writing (it is a major in cause anyone wants to know)
Personality: Natsuki tends to be spacy, always thinking about her writings or the books she reads. But when she is focused, she is shown to be both insightful and always looking at things in different ways than others do. She is also independent, but doesn't mind working with others if she has to. Not really confident in herself.
Background: Natsuki was born into a typical American family. Her name came from her mother randomly choosing one out of a baby name book "that sounding interesting". Her younger sister was latched with Cherry, so she believes she got off lucky. Natsuki grew up with a love of reading, always absorbed in a book or manga. Whatever she could get her hands on. She also liked mythology. So no one was surprised when she announced she wanted to be a writer as well. Natsuki got into a good college and is doing well so far, both academically and socially.
Other: A passive wizard

Break any rule and the Dragon (OF DOOM!) will appear.
Back to top Go down
nando_c_s

nando_c_s

PostSubject: Re: Luminarium: The Beginning (Closed)   Luminarium: The Beginning (Closed) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 3:13 pm

(I have something planned for later on. I'm pretty sure you'll like it.)
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Luminarium: The Beginning (Closed)   Luminarium: The Beginning (Closed) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 3:17 pm

Ok. XD
Back to top Go down
Nightmare13

Nightmare13

PostSubject: Re: Luminarium: The Beginning (Closed)   Luminarium: The Beginning (Closed) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 11:41 am

I shall reserve a male offensive spell user. And I'll make sure to not break any rules, or that dragon will get all up in my grill.

(XD I remember that tactic from my old RP. When people started breaking the rules I set off a nuke.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.writersplayhouse.blogspot.com/
nando_c_s

nando_c_s

PostSubject: Re: Luminarium: The Beginning (Closed)   Luminarium: The Beginning (Closed) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 12:11 pm

Reserve Noted.

(And I really want someone to break a rule! Really wanna try out the dragon thing Razz)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luminarium: The Beginning (Closed)   Luminarium: The Beginning (Closed) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Luminarium: The Beginning (Closed)
Page 1 of 1