New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Novus City (Temorarily closed. Still accepting new characters.)

Go down 
+5
Velox
Casey Jewels
TokoToTheEnd
rcox1995
Plaguewalker
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Shadow Moonseye

Shadow Moonseye

Novus City (Temorarily closed. Still accepting new characters.) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Novus City (Temorarily closed. Still accepting new characters.)   Novus City (Temorarily closed. Still accepting new characters.) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 5:09 pm

(Okay, thanks for clearing that up! Next time, maybe try to include a better description of the person your char is theiving from, just to avoid confusion. Thank you!)
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-moonseye.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: Novus City (Temorarily closed. Still accepting new characters.)   Novus City (Temorarily closed. Still accepting new characters.) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 5:24 pm

It didn't take Seth long to analyze the situation. The man's quick movements, hasty apology, the way he was striding away a little too fast. Seth's hand to the pocket of his ragged pants. The telltale drawstring sack where he kept his payment was gone.

The apothecary let out a soft snarl that wasn't really an act. He spun around, swearing under his breath. "Damn you. Demons of the streets take your eyes, filthy coward."

It wasn't the first time he'd been robbed. It became something almost routine when you lived in the Lower City. What mattered was whether you could retrieve your property.

He turned and looked at the wounded man behind him. "Stay here. Keep to the shadows, and wait for me. Hopefully I won't be long."

Seth didn't really carry weapons; he tried as hard as possible not to get into confrontations. Sometimes he didn't even bother pursuing pickpockets. But he had had a lot of business these last few days, and his wallet had been fairly full. Losing that meant he'd most likely have an unpleasant month of scrounging for food and comfort ahead. So he pulled out the only thing on him he could use as a weapon; a pair of broken scissors with slightly rusty handles that he used for cutting bandages. Palming it, he increased the length of his strides, ready to break into a run if the thief made a break for it. Seth knew these streets. He'd turn it into a chase if it came to that.
Back to top Go down
rcox1995

rcox1995

PostSubject: Re: Novus City (Temorarily closed. Still accepting new characters.)   Novus City (Temorarily closed. Still accepting new characters.) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 3:52 pm

OOC: Whoa, I'm way late. Can someone catch me up, please?
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Novus City (Temorarily closed. Still accepting new characters.)   Novus City (Temorarily closed. Still accepting new characters.) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 4:10 pm

(Kami's gone and gotten herself in trouble with Helm, Kaine and Senka have met in a bar, Vision, Ivory, and Ben have met up to go celebrate the Founding, Seth, Viper, and Alexander have had a confrontation, and Toko's characters have been doing their own thing. I think that that's about it.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/215440
Plaguewalker

Location : Today I am here. By tommorrow, I will be gone. What hopes do you have of catching my song?

PostSubject: Re: Novus City (Temorarily closed. Still accepting new characters.)   Novus City (Temorarily closed. Still accepting new characters.) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:28 am

((Hey everyone. Sorry for taking so long to post. Things have been a little hectic on this end, but that is no excuse! I promise that I shall get better about this, no matter what it may cost me!))

"Careful. If Gregor had fun, he might burst into flames." Ben joked, as he started down the crowded street towards a destination unknown to his companions. "It's just a small pub run by a buddy of one of my buddies. Cheap drinks, and it's not well known, so people won't mob it as bad." Glancing over his shoulder, he shot them both a grin. "Come on, you'll get lost if you don't keep up!"

---------

Silence ruled between the pair, as they went about devouring the plate of ribs. Once the last bone was picked clean, Kaine grinned at the woman from across the table. "What did I tell you? Some damm good ribs, huh?" His smile hadn't lost it's feral gleam, even as he poured himself yet another glass of his rapidly diminishing bottle of scotch. It seemed as though the liquid was having absolutly no effect on him, though.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Novus City (Temorarily closed. Still accepting new characters.)   Novus City (Temorarily closed. Still accepting new characters.) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 6:55 pm

Kami grunted as she crawled forward a few feet more feet and then bit her lip as she forced her burning body into an upright position. Each movement sent waves of pain through her body, but she simply ignored it and instead focused on the window.

Up and over. Up and over.

She continued the chant in her mind, even as she placed her hands on each side of the open window and then jumped, forcing her hurt body upwards. The pain was immense as her side was slammed into the building, but she just continued to push herself forward, until she found herself falling to the ground on the other side.

For a moment there was nothing but pain--a burning, consuming pain. It originated from her bullet wound but yet her entire body felt it. Slowly the spots faded away and she slowly lifted up her head to see that she was in somebody's bedroom. She couldn't focus enough to make out any of the details, but she was aware that the place was empty. Whoever lived here was probably out celebrating with everyone else. Good--more time to hide.

Slowly she climbed back to her feet and pushed the window closed. She could feel her strength waning fast as she performed such a simple task, but still she was careful not to make a sound. After the window was shut, she turned only to have her body sway and the world dim.

Panicing, she stumbled to the bed and collapsed there, beside it. With the very last ounce of her strength, she rolled underneath. A low whimper escaped her lips from the pressure to her cracked rib and she curled into a miserable little ball, trying to hold the darkness at bay.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Novus City (Temorarily closed. Still accepting new characters.)   Novus City (Temorarily closed. Still accepting new characters.) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 7:13 pm

Vision

"I would not combust under any circumstances that did not include the use of fire," Vision commented. He didn't really believe he would get lost, he could just easily find his way back home, but all the same, maybe pretending to fall behind and get lost would get him an escape from this situation. Why does he insist on bringing me places? I despise people, he asked himself.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Novus City (Temorarily closed. Still accepting new characters.)   Novus City (Temorarily closed. Still accepting new characters.) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 10:09 am

"We're going to get lost," Enti said for like the millionth time. Seren just glared at him and kept on walking. She was getting annoyed by his comments, but she didn't want to be alone.

"No we aren't. I know this place pretty well," Seren said. Enti raised an eyebrow. This wasn't close to their home and he wondered how his sister knew this place so well. But he didn't question it.

"Fine. But if we do get lost-"

"Fine then! Just go home," Seren snapped and she kept on walking. Enti paused for a moment, then sighed. He followed his sister onwards through the park.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Novus City (Temorarily closed. Still accepting new characters.)   Novus City (Temorarily closed. Still accepting new characters.) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 8:12 pm

Iva shook her head. "Honestly Gregor, can you ever accept a joke? Or do you have to pretend they're all so meaningless by killing them with your logic?" She glanced at Ben. "I think we'd better get him somewhere exciting quick, before he can ice another one of our friendly comments. I'm definitely looking forward to a nice warm drink." She noticed Vision's darting eyes, and made a mental note to herself to watch for potential escape attempts. It wouldn't be the first time Vision had tried to avoid human company.
Back to top Go down
rcox1995

rcox1995

PostSubject: Re: Novus City (Temorarily closed. Still accepting new characters.)   Novus City (Temorarily closed. Still accepting new characters.) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 4:27 pm

Aphras was in his home in the Middle District, Water. He was waiting for later when he would head to his job, but right now, he was relaxing in his home. Things in the city seemed well, but they truly weren't. When the original Novus City government was deposed, anarchy ravaged the city, but Helm took over the Upper District, and are trying to gain footholds in his home, the Middle District. Aphras would not let this happen. He hated the Helm government, because of its unfairness and its supposed dedication to every citizen of the city. However, the Lower District would never succumb to the wrath of Helm, and Aphras will make sure that the Middle District will be saved and push Helm back to its home, where hopefully, Helm will be destroyed.

But, this is a fantasy. Aphras does not have the power, money or strength to deal with Helm. Only the power of the people will save the city from the total rule of Helm. And the most support will come from the most powerful divisions of the districts, of the Middle District, Water, of the Upper District, Light, and of the Lower District, Fire.

But, for now, Aphras worked as a double agent, of sorts. He was a police officer of Novus City, which, indirectly, supported Helm, but he was also a leading member of the Resistance, who resented the rule of Helm and wished to rid the world of it.

What has happened to the glory days? Aphras wondered.
Back to top Go down
Shadow Moonseye

Shadow Moonseye

PostSubject: Re: Novus City (Temorarily closed. Still accepting new characters.)   Novus City (Temorarily closed. Still accepting new characters.) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 6:55 pm

Senka gave a small smile in return; this time however it remained, rather than dissappearing almost as soon as it appeared. She took up her glass, downing the last few swallows of scotch in it.

"Yeah. Thanks, haven't had a meal that good in a while."

See? Food in your stomach, a little alchol, and a bit of company. This is nice.

Yeah...almost forgot what it was like...

None of that, Senka.

Yeah.

She didn't seem to notice, nor care that the scotch was having no effect on the man across from her.

---------------------

"But! Don't leave! Wai...aww, hell."

Viper sighed heavily, watching the quickly dissappearing back of the healer. He looked about worriedly, before settling back deeper into the shadows of the alcove in the alley. Hopefully, he wouldn't have to defend himself and the healer would catch the theif quickly.

Ametuer job... Obvious what he was doing. Hope he tries that on a cultie. Maybe then he'll learn.

"Let's hope there aren't any packs running around this area...they'd smell me out in a heartbeat."
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-moonseye.deviantart.com/
Plaguewalker

Location : Today I am here. By tommorrow, I will be gone. What hopes do you have of catching my song?

PostSubject: Re: Novus City (Temorarily closed. Still accepting new characters.)   Novus City (Temorarily closed. Still accepting new characters.) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 12:02 am

((Alright everyone. It's kinda obvious that we're all really busy at the moment, with school, or writing, or just life in general right now. So, in the best interest of keeping this around, I am going to temporarily close this RP for a week or two, just so we can all get whatever's on our plate out of the way. I'll still accept new characters, and new joiners, but no posting should be happening. Thanks for your understanding.

- Plaguewalker))
Back to top Go down
Velox

Velox

PostSubject: Re: Novus City (Temorarily closed. Still accepting new characters.)   Novus City (Temorarily closed. Still accepting new characters.) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 4:48 pm

Username: Velox
Name: Lance Cargeddon
Alias: Goes by many when undercover, but he seems to favor “Roy Cartigan.”
Appearance: Lance is a pretty recognizable person with his medium length silver hair, and amber colored eyes. He’s relatively 5’9 and weighs 154 lbs. His build is thin, yet with nice muscle tone. Since Lance is frequently undercover, his attire strays from the usual colors of the NCPD and instead he wears tan cargo pants, a red short sleeve shirt, a long black coat, black fingerless gloves, black Valtonium-toe shoes (a new metallic alloy being lighter than steel, but still just as durable), and a pair of sunglasses that have amber-colored lenses, which he keeps in a case tucked into an inner coat pocket when he’s not wearing them.
Personality: Lance knows when to be serious, how to follow orders, show respect to his superiors, and works hard to keep Novus City safe. However, he’s actually rather fun-loving prefers to work at a relaxed pace. While some of his superiors would probably say that this is a bad thing and that he’s probably a bit too relaxed, Lance’s personality fits in well with the bustling city dwellers. Despite dangerously traversing the line of cockiness and confidence, and perhaps appearing to be a bit carefree, Lance does get results and has solved many of cases from the inside. His powers of deception have saved him countless times, and he is very good at improvising and is observation is one of his better traits.
History: Born in the Air Sector, Lance’s childhood was about average for family with honest paying jobs in the Middle District, though the budget was a little tight. His parents were both fair, yet caring. Growing up as an only child, Lance had never asked for much because he had noticed that money wasn’t a complete luxury, and he knew that he would have to work hard so that he could help out.
At the age of 14, Lance had been accepted into a prestigious high school, he had learned that his parents couldn’t afford to finish their education when they were his age, and were extremely proud of him, assured that he could get into an Upper District College and receive a high paying honest job. Using a portion of their savings, Lance’s parents took him out to a nice restaurant to celebrate. There, Lance’s life took a drastic turn when a gun toting drug addict burst into the restaurant and open fired. Luckily, a couple officers of the NCPD were nearby and quickly detained the criminal, albeit not without casualties; several civilians had been injured, and half a dozen were killed, including Lance’s parents.
With no family, Lance would’ve been marked as an orphan and was sent to an orphanage, but instead one of the NCPD officers who had helped arrest the criminal named Paul Carpington, learned of his situation, and took him in, along with another boy named Roy Cartigan, who’s parents had also been killed in the same attack. Overtime, the two boys became like brothers, and spent a great amount of time with Paul, and learned as much as they could from him, each hoping to join the Force when they were old enough.
After five years, Paul , who was approaching his mid 60’s decided that it was time to retire and, though he was reluctant to do so with the Force being so shorthanded. Upon hearing the dilemma, the boys were only encouraged to join sooner, and they reassured that they would join as soon as he retired. This pleased the officer who in turn, put in a good word for the boys, and made sure that they were more than ready to handle the streets of the Middle District.
Lance and Roy worked just as hard as any other dedicated officer on the Force for over two years. Under Roy’s insistence, the two tried to work on cases together whenever they could, despite the low number of workers. Roy also had a tendency to do things in a different way, that conflicted with what many other officer thought that he should do.
A few months after Lance’s 22nd birthday, the two were just about to wrap up a case on arresting two of the Middle District’s upcoming gangs. They had both successfully infiltrated one gang, and the plan was to catch both of them in a gang war. On the night of the fight the two were on their respective side and were about ready to make their move, when the unexpected happened: Both gangs pulled out their guns and started open firing.
The cops managed to take cover before a hail of bullets could reach them. Somehow the gangs had learned that Lance and Roy were NCPD, and now they had them trapped. The two held off the gangs as best as they could, taking turns between rounds, but there were just too many opponents. When Lance attempted to cover Roy as he reloaded, his gun suddenly jammed. The gang members saw an opportunity and moved in. As the bullets started to fly, Roy jumped in the path of fire, protecting his partner. With the final remaining breaths of his life, he reloaded, handed his gun to Lance and told him to live a good life for both of them.
Having his only friend who had been like a brother to him die in his arms, Lance cried out in an enraged fury and counter-attacked the criminals with deadly precision. After a few shots, Lance noticed a fire alarm and shot it, setting it off so that the authorities would arrive shortly. Lance managed to cover himself with the last of his bullets to reach a fire hose, which he used to hold off the remaining gang members. When the sirens were in hearing range, a few of escaped, but many of them were captured making Roy and Lance’s assignment a success.
It has been four years since that case, and Roy is buried in the garden outside of Lance’s apartment, located in the Water sector of the Middle District. Lance continues to do his best in the NCPD and to fulfill Roy’s dying request. He still visits Paul from time to time, though their meetings are purely sentimental as Paul wishes to stay out of NCPD affairs.
Other: Equipment includes a Beretta 92, his old partner Roy’s Mateba M-M2012 Semi-automatic revolver, handcuffs*, a Valtonium side handle baton, a police radio, an unmarked car with an old bronze paint job, and his police badge.* (*May be unequipped while during certain undercover assignments.)
Username: Velox
Name: Ezekiel “Zeke” Convoy
Alias: N/A
Appearance: [url=https://2img.net/h/i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk233/TheBlueSpirit28/Redhead.jpg?t=1257737464]
Personality: Ezekiel is a very kind-hearted boy, for someone who lives in Novus City. He’s a polite young man with an extremely high work ethic, always trying to do the best he can at things. Even though he’s compassionate, he knows how dangerous the city can be and won’t hesitate to fight if there’s no other way.
History: Before Ezekiel had even come out of his mother’s womb, a car from a local gang collided head first into the car that his parents were in. The NCPD was currently focusing on the elimination of Taurussio gang, and the collision was an attack on his father’s life, as he was one of the top NCPD officers working on the mission. The attack was both suicidal, and successful; Ezekiel’s father was killed and his mother was paralyzed from the waist down. The paramedics of the Middle District quickly rushed Ezekiel’s mother to the hospital. After determining her baby’s condition-the boy had been miraculously uninjured-they put his mother into force labor, and Ezekiel was born.
Ezekiel was raised by his mother and Stan Marcel, a family friend. In his younger days, Stan was a member of a ruthless street gang, that many NCPD officers feared to tangle with. When Stan got in too deep with the gang, he started to want out. After getting busted for drug trafficking by Ezekiel’s father, the officer told Stan that if he helped him take down the gang, his record would be wiped clean, and he could start a new life. Stan agreed and with his assistance, the NCPD was successful. A new man, Stan opened up MarcelEx: a special inter-district Delivery System that takes on any packages, mostly with no questions asked.
When Ezekiel was old enough, he began working for Stan and MarcelEx inorder to help pay for a medical operation for his mother. Recently, Ezekiel’s mother came down with a slowly growing epidemic called ‘Suvon Flu,’ and between his mother’s new illness, work, and trying to get an education, the teenager has a lot of stress to do with, yet he continues to do his best and stay optimistic.
Faction: N/A
District of Residence: Middle District
Other: Possesses a Motor Scooter for work and personal use, and has been trained how to defend himself by Stan Marcel both unarmed, and with a knife.

{Hmm...first of all, thank you the temporary close Plaguewalker. I really required it, seeing as how I haven't even posted my characters up until now. I hope they are satisfactory and that I'll be able to post well with them inorder to make up for my...absence. I'm guessing that this will be opened up sometime after the holidays in January, so until then...or whenever.}
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Novus City (Temorarily closed. Still accepting new characters.)   Novus City (Temorarily closed. Still accepting new characters.) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 4:53 pm

Know it's closed but Velox your second character was the one you talked about who would meet up with my twins?
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Novus City (Temorarily closed. Still accepting new characters.)   Novus City (Temorarily closed. Still accepting new characters.) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 10:12 pm

Your cop is accepted, Velox.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Novus City (Temorarily closed. Still accepting new characters.)   Novus City (Temorarily closed. Still accepting new characters.) - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Novus City (Temorarily closed. Still accepting new characters.)
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4