New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Character Creation and Dicussion.

Go down 
+8
Ghostmaker
A Mutant Ninja Turtle
nando_c_s
EmilCrane
Casey Jewels
Velox
Lol Lol Lol
Alec
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ghostmaker

Ghostmaker

Character Creation and Dicussion. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Creation and Dicussion.   Character Creation and Dicussion. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 4:43 am

EmilCrane:
It all looks solid and it fits into everything, but single-handedly defending a Gate during a siege is too much even from an Elite Knight. I’ll have you accepted once you moderate that bit just enough to make it physically possible.
There are some other things you should probably do something about but aren’t too critical. Your spelling for one. Whenever I post something (like this very text) I first write it in Microsoft Word and use the spelling-correction in the program. No errors, no problem^^
Another thing is that he is too skilled at everything. He can’t be trained in every weapon available, and be an expert with the sword and shield, and be an expert with the sword and dagger, and be an expert with a two-handed sword, and be a skillful smith, and be a good leader. You see where I’m going? If his order specializes with a Sword-Shield-Dagger set, then they won’t train in using spears, axes, lances and other weapons.

sean_hiruki:
To your credit, I never mention in the rules that you can’t use non-OC characters, but I DO mention in the “No Mary Sues”-rule that you are to create original characters. I am sorry put I can’t accept you character, since he is Askeladd the lovable mercenary-leader from the manga “Vinland saga”. If you want to play as Askeladd, you should make a "Vinland saga"-RP in the fandom section as you pruposed in the discussion-thread.
Also, you are free to create nearly anything you want in the realm, but only within the limits of the “sandbox”. There is a set of 9 races already so please use these. More races will be added with coming expansions in the shape of Major Events, and if you have ideas about a race you want to see (or anything else for that matter) send me a PM and let’s get a-brainstorming^^

And to everyone who’re working on their characters: Post your ideas or half-finished Char-sheets! If you’re stuck somewhere maybe someone has the perfect idea to help you out. Just talking with someone about your character really helps and can let you get a new perspective on him/her.
Back to top Go down
sean_hiruki

sean_hiruki

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation and Dicussion.   Character Creation and Dicussion. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 9:48 am

I'm surprised someone else has read Vinland Saga.
I got an OC or two that I can use. I'll make him soon.
Back to top Go down
EmilCrane

EmilCrane

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation and Dicussion.   Character Creation and Dicussion. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 8:17 pm

Fixed the spelling errors and changed his skill set to Sword, two handed sword and off-hand dagger. I also removed some of the other skills like smithy and first aid.

Also the background was changed.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker

Ghostmaker

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation and Dicussion.   Character Creation and Dicussion. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 5:37 am

Looking good EC^^ Congratulations, Garro Ventris is ACCEPTED!
Back to top Go down
EmilCrane

EmilCrane

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation and Dicussion.   Character Creation and Dicussion. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 9:33 pm

awesome thanks
Back to top Go down
sean_hiruki

sean_hiruki

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation and Dicussion.   Character Creation and Dicussion. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 3:50 pm

((I'll finish this later))
Username: Sean_Hiruki
Character’s Name: Sean Greymore Hiruki
- Nicknames or Titles: The Bard of Oakshield, Swordmaster of Westweald, Man of three hundred wars
Race:Human, Westweld
Memberships: None Yet
Place of Birth: Town of Oakshield in the Westweld
Starting Location: The White City

Equipment: Lute, A Long Sword, A Straight Sword, 20 daggers, He wears cloth and a long brown cloak

Skills: (Please put a list of skills that your character has acquired over their lifetime. Do not include anything to do with magic as this has a separate category. Of the racial skills, include only the one last one which you chose, the rest are automatically included. Skills includes martial training, but also if your Char can sing or play a instrument, if s/he can run especially fast, if s/he can haggle with the best of them, any special training s/he’s received (first-aid, hunting, lyrical composition and such) and nearly anything else he or she knows.)

Magical Abilities: (Has s/he undergone the Gateway Ritual? If not, you have no magical abilities. That might change with the inclusion of new races.
If your avatar has undergone the Ritual, then s/he can use magic though there are limitations. Human magic is limited to seven different ‘schools’ and most Magicians choose to focus on one of them to achieve any mastery. Dwarves only have Runic Magic, but in return they are the only ones who can enchant items. Elves might be the most capable magic-users of the three, but they are also the most vulnerable to the forces of Magic because of their strong connection.)

Appearance: (I prefer text over pictures, but pictures are allowed. In the text, you must include obvious features. Hair color, scars, general attire, physical shape and other things that will help other players gauge how they would initially react to your Char’s appearance. Even if you do post a picture, you also have to write AT LEAST a short paragraph.)

Psychology: (What kind of person is your character? It is best to use your own words, though linking to a psychology site isn’t illegal. This does not have to be more than a short paragraph)
-Likes: (What does your character like? A handful of both big things and smaller.)
-Dislikes: (Enemies, prejudices, icky foods and anything your Char thinks is bad)
-Fears: (What are your character’s greater fears? No one is without fear, mind you!)
-Dreams: (Does your character have any hopes or goals for his or her life? Both big things and small.)

Background: (This should be the longest section of all the others. If your Background is shorter than your Appearance, Physiology, Skills, Equipment or Magic I will almost guarantee I will not approve your Char.
In your background you should include the circumstances around his/her birth, how s/he was raised, any significant or life-altering events, and other things of that nature. The background defines who your character is, and should involve a great deal of thought and planning.
If you want your character to have amnesia, that is fine, but you still have to write her/his background from birth even if s/he doesn’t remember it!)

Time-zone and Activity: (A little thing to help other players know when and how often you’ll post. Preferably put your Time-Zone in the “GMT +/- X” format, since it is easier to understand than just the name of your time-zone.)
[b]
Back to top Go down
nando_c_s

nando_c_s

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation and Dicussion.   Character Creation and Dicussion. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 2:36 pm

Took me some time, but here it is.

Username: nando_c_s

Character’s Name: Caedo Pardus (Kaido Pharduss)

Nicknames or Titles: Diabolus Clementia (Means The Merciful Devil)

Race: Wood Elf

Memberships: The son of the leader of the bloodbraided wood elves.
Place of Birth: Caedo is from the Western side of Amador. Born in the place where the only kind of vicious and bloody kind of wood elves come from, The Bloodbraided’s Clearing.

Starting Location: Somewhere near the gates of Cintra, The White City.

Equipment: His light but strong bow, many arrows in his back and the white handle dual swords. He carries a small one strap backpack on which he has water and some food. As for money, he only carries a small pouch with around 30 gold coins(No idea of what the money is called, or anything about it so please correct me).

Skills: Since Caedo is part of the blood raided wood elves, he is trained in to fight mainly with ranged weapons, and when the target doesn’t expect him. Hit & run tactics are the main fighting style along with sniping. Caedo is one of the best archers in his village, but he is still lacks good character. At close combat this wood elves uses 2 short words. Caedo’s father is a man of music, and to enjoy music dancing is a must. Caedo was taught since little how to dance to the rhythm of many types of music, even though he doesn’t enjoy it much if it’s not with a beautiful woman. And the skill in which he might be most skilled since he has done it before he could fight, is carve wood. The precision and skill he has with a knife to make something out of a piece of wood is amazing. He used this skill to carve his own bow out of a piece of tree that had more than 500 years of age. Currently, Caedo is one the fastest and most agile of elves, and one of the most accurate with the bow, if not the best.

Magical Abilities: Magic is not the biggest specialization of Caedo. He passed through the Gateway Ritual at a fairly young age, and his fighting style never required much or any magic. However, this didn’t mean Caedo wasn’t interested in it. By killing so much, he discovered some kind of red looking magic that appeared right after or while a battle took place. He took some time to try and understand it, until after various periods of training he got the hang of it. With this magic, he discovered that he was able to inflict a greater damage with one shot by simply concentrating on the arrow before the shot. Currently, he only knows how to enchant an arrow so that it provokes a greater damage to he who gets shot with it.

Appearance: About 6’5 of height and thin. Caedo doesn’t look so strong, however, he was raised in order to fight and survive which eventually brings him to be very well built when it comes to his physical. His skin color would be something like a mixture of gold and brown, but it’s tainted by dirt which makes the brown color darker and rustier. His eyes are beautiful light grey eyes but the edge of his iris is bright gold and stands out. In the dark his eyes shine like no other. His dreadlocks are blonde, tight and wide, very well made dreadlocks indeed. Like mentioned before, his natural color his blonde, however it looks like as if it were light brown and red because of the blood from his preys in which his hair is bathed in. The clothe are made entirely of leather. The shirt, long baggy pants, gloves and boots are made of several layers of skin from wolves. By making each piece of clothe with at least 3 to 4 layers of wolf skin, the clothes are both light and protective, which for an agile fighter is the most useful thing. As a last piece in his inventory when it comes to clothe, the large green coat that was handed to him by his father. This coat is said to be made by an ancient high ruling elf in the time when Eldar was still standing. The coat is supposed to have a magical ability; it’s supposed to be a shield against magic. Unfortunately, it hasn’t been tested. So it remains a myth.

Psychology: Caedo is a hard headed elf. One who cares for nobody but himself. His passion is his weakness. Because he has a passion for women, he can’t hurt them. A man with principles he is, but a savage at the same time. When it comes to a fight, he can do painfully and cruel things that some people can’t even imagine. He is also a man of pride and honor, being directly challenge is a thing he takes seriously.

-Likes: Dancing, crafting, and having a good time with women (female wood elves actually, of course, he can also go for some human women from time to time).

-Dislikes: He has a certain dislike for his father who banished him, and for his best friend, who was the one to tell his father what he had done. To him, that was pure treason. And hates modern technology, however, he has a certain liking to the great cities humans have, especially their bars.

-Fears: Underground. Caedo’s worst fear is to be in a place that it’s built underground and being buried alive.

-Dreams: Caedo wishes to hunt an unknown monster said to be one of the world’s greatest creature ever seen, and he is willing to kill anything or anyone in his way.

Background: The leader of the bloodbraided wood elves had a beautiful wife who gave birth to a strong male elf, here is when Caedo’s story begins. At that age of 5 years old, when Caedo learned how to stand firmly and walk, he started the rigorous and hard training that he was obliged to learn. This was the life bloodbraided elves had. At the age of 12 years, Caedo was an amazingly skilled elf with the bow. He outmatched every single kid from his age and those 2 or 3 years older than him, however when it came to close physical fights he was one of the worst. Being the son of the Chief put pressure on the kid, he had to be the best of the best in order to gain command of the clearing and his people in a future. His father made him train 24/7, only time he had free was to sleep and eat. At the age of 20 Caedo had proven his worth as a fighter and this is why he was given command of an elite group of elves. This group was specialized in stealth, recovery, stealing, and scouting. Caedo was truly the fastest elf of all at this age, there wasn’t anybody that could match him, not even his father.

The nickname Devil was given to him after he managed to kill a group of 7 knights that traveled protecting a group of nobles to close to their clearing. The Knights didn’t even had a chance to react before they were hit by fast flying arrows that came from the trees above, but the chariot was untouched. Caedo climbed down and opened the chariot only to find a man along with his wife and his baby girl. The Noble man took out a knife and made an intent to kill Caedo, but Caedo dodge the man, took one of his short swords and slashed the man's throat in front his family. He was told to kill everybody doesn’t matter who, this included the wife and the child, but he just couldn’t do it. He let the woman and the baby escape. A traveler near by watched the massacre happen, and the mercy he took on the woman and the baby. He didn’t see the attacker clearly; he just saw a figure wearing a dark green hooded coat whom seconds later, disappeared from the spot. The traveler went from village to village telling the story about the Diabolus Clementia, the devil with a bow who wore a green coat that slaughtered the best warriors but solely men and men alone.

When his father got word that Caedo left 2 people alive he was raging with anger. So much was the anger that this news brought, that Caedo was banished from his tribe.

Now the only thing he can do is hunt. He travels the world in search of anyone or anything who gives him a true sense of hunt, a challenge. Up until now he only carries a fang tied to a piece of leather around his neck. A fang that came from a giant boar somewhere deep within the forests near his home. Many elves had tried killing this boar, and none succeeded with the exception of Caedo.

Time-zone and Activity: GMT -4. After 4pm or 5pm normally.
Back to top Go down
roman_tic_kataang

roman_tic_kataang

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation and Dicussion.   Character Creation and Dicussion. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 7:50 am

I'm going to try posting my character once I have time. My chores piled up a bit and school's getting busy now since it's almost the end of the school year. I'll also post once I understand more about the Realm. Don't worry guys, I'll try to get on s often as I can. ^_^
Back to top Go down
roman_tic_kataang

roman_tic_kataang

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation and Dicussion.   Character Creation and Dicussion. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 9:56 pm

Username: roman_tic_kataang

Character’s Name: Chrysamé (Crī-să-mĕī) Silyæra (Sī-lī-yāră)

Nicknames or Titles: She is sometimes called “Amé” or Mei or Sam, but she prefers to be called by her own name because using her nicknames makes her feel like a whole other person.

Race: Wood Elf

Memberships: Protectors of Nature

Place of Birth: Alias’ Clearing

Starting Location: Elsevier Town

Equipment: a bow and a quiver of arrows, The bow and arrows are made out of oak and the quiver is made out of leather. She carries a pouch of 100 gold coins. She also carries some herbal medicines in a sling bag. The strap is very a bit thin and round and adjustable. The flap is closed with a button. She also uses it to carry some other important stuff. She also has a leather armor hidden underneath her bodice. She also wears a topaz necklace given to her on her first birthday by her parents, which supposedly symbolizes the yellow ether.

Skills: She learned how to track, which was taught to her from her father.

Racial Abilities: Nature’s Calling

Magical Abilities:

Appearance: Chrysamé has shaggy, light brown hair. Her eyes are almond shaped and her irises are gold. Her skin has a golden tan, like not too tan, just enough so that her hair and eyes can be seen. She has a slender and light body structure and is 5”8. She has a heart shaped face, and has a fine chiseled jawbone and cheeks. She wears a mahogany brown, gossamer dress that extends to her mid-calf. Her skirt is cut into long, uneven strips of brown fabric and the length is from mid-thigh to mid-calf. She wears a bodice and the sleeves sit on the edge of her shoulders and the chest part of her dress is sort of twisted or like that kind of design you see on this evening gown:

https://2img.net/h/i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy194/plzaky/zakystradeElegantOffTheShoulderEven.jpg(from the waist up only).

The diamond in this pic is instead small pinkish-white flower buds. Her bodice comes to a point in the center at the bottom once it reaches the waist. She has a thin and small branch garland that practically blends in with her hair.

Psychology: Chrysamé is free-spirited and optimistic and also adventurous, but can sometimes be sensitive. She is loyal only to those whom she trusts. She can be naïve and careless. She can be a trickster and very humorous. She acts serious only in the direst situations. She is caring and usually gentle but will fight if necessary.

-Dislikes: liars, thieves, false accusations, child abuse, pessimists

-Fears: Fire, enclosed areas

-Dreams: travel all around the country, or at least some of it.

Background: Chrysamé was born to a trader (her father) and a healer (her mother). Her mother also had the ability of nature’s calling, and looked much more like her mother. She was also extremely close to her father and her mother. She was able to find time to be with the both of them.

When she turned six, her magical abilities started to grow so her mother decided to teach her about the way of magic. On the other hand, her father taught her the use of bow and arrow, after several pleads from Chrysamé. Unfortunately, at the age of ten, her father died from a thief, who disguised himself as a traveler willing to trade. This is what started her hate of thieves, as she saw what happened.

At the age of fifteen, she grew tired o her daily routine, wanting to have some kind of adventure that she joined the Protectors of Nature. It is a kind of guild dedicated to protecting mother nature, and was founded by the wise elf Cahal, who is also works for Alia. Her fear for fire started when they had to stop a small fire forming at Crocodile Camp, which was believed to have been started by the bloodraided wood elves. She saw how much fire could destroy and how some people never left the fire and got burned alive.

The following year, Chrysamé started becoming curious about life outside of the forest. It started from seeing traders from different parts of the country arrive. That’s when she decided to travel. She said farewell to her mother and left. But she still carried on some duties of the Protectors of Nature, and seldom gets letters from the organization to complete tasks.

Time-zone and Activity: GMT+8(at my current location) /GMT-5 (when I move to St. Augustine, FL), I'm usually on some time between 1:00-3:00, or in the evening between 6:00-9:00, depending on how late I sleep.

((Finally, got my post up after long times of planning. Hope it's just fine.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation and Dicussion.   Character Creation and Dicussion. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Character Creation and Dicussion.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2