New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Character Songs

Go down 
+4
hey_mai_Zukos_mine
ConfusedShipper123
TokoToTheEnd
Casey Jewels
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

Character Songs Empty
PostSubject: Character Songs   Character Songs I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 1:59 pm

Don't you just sometimes find this song that fits one of your characters perfectly?

And then don't you just want to share it with others?

That's what this game is for.

But this isn't just to simply post the name of the song and the name of your character. No, you have to describe why it fits your character. This description can be as short or as long as you want.

Here we go.

The song is Take Me Away by Pink Slip(?), and it fits my werewolf character, Kami. It fits her because she is always running in her life, both from others and herself. She's never found a place that she 'fits'. She doesn't want to grow up and act responsible, but yet she hates the life she lives.

You can listen to the song here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDiTqqOtvX4&feature=rec-HM-fresh+div

Last edited by Casey Jewels on Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/215440
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

Character Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Songs   Character Songs I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 2:32 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL62E3Ez9BA

Anything but Ordinary by Arvil Lavigne

It describes Ty Lu. If you read my story about her or rpged in The Unwanted:Reverse, you know that Ty Lu doesn't want a normal life. She wants one full of excitement. Also if you look deep enough you'll see her opinion on relationships.
Back to top Go down
ConfusedShipper123

ConfusedShipper123

Character Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Songs   Character Songs I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 6:32 pm

Trouble~ Coldplay

Hate Me~ Blue October

These songs somewhat fit my character Aidan, from the +Anima roleplay by Nightmare13. They don't fit perfectly, especially Hate Me, but they somewhat express his thoughts toward his best friend, Caresa, for what he did to her in a gang fight between +Animas (part-animal humans who have changed into such a form through a near-death experience as a child; they have to meet eyes with an animal while this occurs, and then change). She's a +Anima, and he's in the most oppositional group toward them, the gang the Crusaders. So yeah. Hate Me's pretty miserable, and though it doesn't illustrate exactly the relationship him and Caresa had before the fight, the two of them were very close and he feels he ruined it and wants to push her far away to keep her safe, and with Trouble, he's getting pretty eaten up inside after thinking of what he'd done.

Most of my characters aren't happy people, and usually have a lot of internal issues, but I have entire YouTube song playlists for roleplays, many of them based on a character or a character shipping within a roleplay, so I'll probably post here again soon...
Back to top Go down
http://www.procrastinator-writer.blogspot.com/
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

Character Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Songs   Character Songs I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 3:35 pm

Yeah another Unwanted one. And the song is Frozen by Within Temptation. I can really see it for Alice after Raven dies. She is very distant from people, even her own friends. It's because she lost people in the past and when she loses Raven, she decides to just shut it all out so that she won't lose anyone else she really cares about. So she comes off as uncaring and the like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p412izc12k
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

Character Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Songs   Character Songs I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 7:09 pm

^Hey, that song kind of fits two of my characters too--Kami and Javy.

When Javy dies, Kami can't seem to let go of him. He's 'frozen' in her mind. And the line 'I did it for you' fits the situation they were in perfectly. He sacrificed his own life, to save hers. Everything he did during the time they knew each other was for her.

Also the line 'You won't forgive me' talks about how Javy knows that Kami will never get over the fact that he died to save her.

And the line 'But I know you'll be alright' shows how he knew, in the long run, that she would turn out all right.

It just fits the two of them so well, and it's actually inspired me to write a short story on Javy's death, but this time from his POV (because I wrote Kami's side of things years ago).
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

Character Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Songs   Character Songs I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 1:22 pm

^Glad that I inspired you. Within Temptation is just awesome. XD

Ok I know he's not my character, but I have to do this. Forgiven for Thomas about Alice's death? OF COURSE!! Agree with me now Casey. ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29LKeSIFfDM
Back to top Go down
ConfusedShipper123

ConfusedShipper123

Character Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Songs   Character Songs I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 4:46 pm

((Might I ask, but are we allowed to put on shipping songs or songs that would work for any character relationship onto this thread?))
Back to top Go down
http://www.procrastinator-writer.blogspot.com/
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

Character Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Songs   Character Songs I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 6:24 pm

TokoToTheEnd wrote:
^Glad that I inspired you. Within Temptation is just awesome. XD

Ok I know he's not my character, but I have to do this. Forgiven for Thomas about Alice's death? OF COURSE!! Agree with me now Casey. ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29LKeSIFfDM

Actually, I came across the song Frozen several months back. However, you did get me into t.a.t.u. and some of their songs help me to write.

And I can't get on Youtube right now, but I'll check out that song for Thomas when I get a chance.

EDIT: I just looked up the lyrics, and I must say that it fits him very well.

ConfusedShipper123 wrote:
((Might I ask, but are we allowed to put on shipping songs or songs that would work for any character relationship onto this thread?))

Sure. I'm very lax about what goes on this thread. As long its a song and it fits an OC character of yours (as in, not from a book, tv show, etc, because that would be a whole new thread...) it's fine. Or an OC of somebody else's that you know, as Toko did.
Back to top Go down
hey_mai_Zukos_mine

hey_mai_Zukos_mine

Character Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Songs   Character Songs I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 3:39 am

Whispers in the Dark

This song reminded me a lot of a story I wrote a while back about a girl named Elvira who's cursed to always lie and has a shockingly miserable life, ended up attracting a demon of the shadows, who accidently falls for the human girl in his attempt to take her soul, and to escape the binds of her curse, can only see her at night, when he takes on his true form as a repulsive creature holding vampiric-like traits.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

Character Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Songs   Character Songs I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 11:24 pm

I figure that since I have so many different character songs, I might as well do one character’s songs all in one go.

This post is about my character Gan Torz, who comes from my Midnight RP on ASN. He’ll also the main character in the book I’m working on, which is roughly based on the RP.

The first song that fits him is He’s My Son by Mark Schultz: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHPZBCJ-LaE

Gan starts out as a boy who has been hidden away all of his life, so he’s very unsure of himself and he’s pretty weak. To make matters worse, his only friend (Mikael) is one who is constantly calling him names and bringing him down. Gan feels like nobody is listening to him and that nobody cares. He blames himself for the death of his sister and partially for the death of his family.

‘He’s so tired and he’s scared’ is one of the lines in the song that fits him the best. Gan is constantly getting into trouble plus his sickness takes its toll on him. And he’s always scared that things aren’t going to work out and that he’s going to end up in the clutches of the Queen (who wants him dead).

‘Can you hear me?’ is another line that fits him, because everybody (mostly Mikael) is always ignoring what he says and treating him as if he’s nothing but a weakling.

And the line ‘He’s my son’ fits him because the song is basically about a father pleading for everything to go alright for his son. Before his parents were killed, Gan was always being taken care of because of his sickness and he was the child his mother worried about most, aside from Lisa (his older sister, who will have her own post here later on).

The second song is I’m Still Here by Johnny Rzeznik: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wKIDz_qPhE

This song is kind of like the first, as it describes how Gan feels so alone in the world and how he’s trying to belong. However, it describes these feelings in an even greater detail. In fact, I think that it describes Gan’s and Mikael’s relationship perfectly. Gan is trying to act grown up and trying to please Mikael, but still Mikael just picks on him and tells Gan that he’s not good enough.

‘They can’t tell me who to be’ describes how Gan resents the way Mikael treats him, and how he’s tired of never being good enough.

‘How can you say I’ve never changed? They’re the ones that stay the same.’ Tells about how even after Gan grows more mature as a person, Mikael still picks on him. Gan becomes frustrated, because he’s trying to please Mikael, while Mikael doesn’t give any ground.

The third song is Hands (Only Kindness Matters) by Jewels: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/jewel/hands.html (can't find a video that has the real song)

This song describes Gan’s caring personality. Gan is a very caring person and he finds it hard not to help out those in need. He understands that he’s just one person and that he can’t do very much (or so he thinks), but still he does what he can to help out others, even when Mikael gets after him for it. This is described in the line ‘my hands are small, I know, but they’re not yours, they are my own.’

‘Heartache came to visit me, but I knew it wasn’t ever after.’ This describes when his home, his family, and his hometown were destroyed all in one go. He was absolutely devastated by it, but he knew better to give up.

‘We will fight, not out of spite, but somebody must stand up for what’s right.’ Once again, this is part of his caring personality. Gan can’t just sit back and do nothing when others need him. He started out too afraid to place his life on the line for others (such as his sister), but since then he’s grow brave enough to do just that (or foolish enough, as Mikael calls it).

And those are the songs that I think describe Gan Torz.
Back to top Go down
zukoismybf

zukoismybf

Location : On the bridge of Voyager, fighting the stupid of the crew for Janeway.

Character Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Songs   Character Songs I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 12:02 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_1RqyNdzbE

This is Behind Blue Eyes by The Who.

I also consider this a Seven song, which is very hard to find, but this one figures out to be Ceshlyta from the Real Terror RP(I like the name, so I use it in virtually every RP, for some strange reason...XD). Now, not all of it fits her, like the hated part, or the blue eyes part(Which is why this song explains Seven down to every little thing), but enough of it explains Ceshlyta perfectly. The song explains how Ceshie is sad inside, but won't let any emotion through(See why this works for Seven? XD). She tries to be tough and untouchable to any help, but she really does want it, no matter how hard she says different.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

Character Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Songs   Character Songs I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 2:01 pm

*WARNING:This is going to be a long one people. Read at your own risk*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlladwsJabs

White Houses by Vanessa Carlton (I know I'm obsessed, but it's not as bad anymore. I've just been lazy about putting this up.)

This is a Tobi/Alice/Dorjee/Jason/Thomas fivesome. Thomas was Ty Lu for a while, but I think this fivesome makes more sense. It's about what happened in Sylan. Also I think it's meant to be told from mainly Tobi' POV, but not all of it. And now it's time to pick this song apart!!

Crashed on the floor when I moved in
This little bungalow with some strange new friends

This is the beginning. Not Ty Lu beginning, but the beginning of the fivesome. Tobi is the last person to come into the story within these five. She becomes Alice's new roommate and joins the Unwanted not long after. Some of the members are strange to her. How they are so open about who they are and such. (Some are just weirdos. XD)

We promise each other it's 'til the end

This is an Alice line. After Michael joined, Ty Lu decided they should make a vow, a vow Alice continued to make each new member swear. All four (Ty Lu, Kenny, Alice, and Michael) swore that they would work hard to make the humans accept them until the end. That they would always be an Unwanted.

It's the five of us
With pretty eyed boys girls die to trust
I can't resist the day
No, I can't resist the day

This is about relationships. All five of them either dated, liked or seem to liked the other. Dorjee and Alice dated, Thomas liked Alice, Jason and Alice seemed to like eachother once, Tobi and Dorjee liked eachother, Tobi trusted Jason and it seemed they liked eachother. Um...no Thomas/Tobi though. And the 'I can't resist the day...' is saying no one is able to resist the feelings they have.

'Cause when she dances she goes and goes
And she's so pretty, and she's so sure

These two lines are from Tobi's POV about Alice. How she really admires her. How Alice acts like being the leader is nothing. And how she is so pretty and graceful (like a dancer) because she's a faire and Tobi isn't because she's a werewolf.

Summer's all in bloom
Summer is ending soon

This is more of Alice's and Jason's lines and are more direct. Alice comes to Sylan in the beginning of summer and Jason in the end.

Maybe I'm a little bit over my head
I come undone at the things he said

Tobi feels like going after Dorjee is going to be hard, and that he makes her all embarrassed and the like. And Thomas feels that going after Alice is impossible. That she's out of his league.

We were all in love and we all got hurt

Once again it's all of them talking about relationships. Not just with eachother. Jason loved Ty Lu, but she left him not only because she killed someone and she needed to go home, but for Kafir too. Alice and Dorjee broke up, which was kind of hard for them both. It was the lost of Raven, which made Alice push people away. Thomas loved Alice and they could have been together, but she sacrificed herself instead. Tobi liked Dorjee, but in the end they weren't able to get together.

Boy, we're going way too fast
It's all too sweet to last

This is Tobi trusting Jason. I think Tobi didn't fully trusted Jason. That somewhere in the back of her mind, she felt like it was all too good to be true.

It's alright
And I put myself in his hands
But I hold on to your secrets in white houses

But even though she has doubts, she trusts Jason and listens to his lies. At the same time she doesn't betray her friends. Tobi doesn't sell out the Unwanted.

Love, or something ignites in my veins
And I pray it never fades in white houses

Thomas really believes he loves Alice (and we can never be too sure that he completely did since they weren't together. And he doesn't want the feeling to go away because he was once an outsider and the Unwanted gave him a place to be free and liked. That's what it means by 'And I pray it never fades in white houses' (you can tell White houses are talking abotu Sylan). He doesn't want the feeling of belonging to fade from Sylan.

My first time, hard to explain
Rush of blood, oh, and a little bit of pain
On a cloudy day, it's more common than you think

This is Jason. It's not talking about sex as much as you want it too (I know what you're thinking about pervs. XP). Well the lyrics are, but I see this is Jason talking about falling in love. How being in love with Ty Lu (and in love for the first time) was hard and painful for him. That she ended up breaking his heart and that all of it was actually something common.

He's my first mistake

Another Tobi/Jason. She listened to Jason and although she didn't do anything really wrong, she blames herself for what happened. That is she never listened to Jason, Alice would be alive.

Maybe you were all faster than me
We gave each other up so easily
These silly little wounds will never mend
I feel so far from where I've been

This is talking about the ending. How Tobi felt like everyone else was kind of abandoning her. Thomas too. They weren't able to do anything like save someone's live like Alice and Peace or stand up for everyone like Faith. They felt useless because they couldn't stop anything. And that everything that happened, that was never really solved or finished would stay with them. the wounds would remain. Also that what happen was surreal for everyone.

So I go, and I will not be back here again
I'm gone as the day is fading on white houses

I feel this is Tobi/Thomas/Dorjee. After what happened they all left Sylan. Some left right away like Thomas and others later. It's saying that they left behind Sylan and maybe all that happened and would never go back.

I lied, wrote my injuries all in the dust
In my heart is the five of us
In white houses

This is Tobi. She wasn't as unfeeling as Dorjee, so the fight got to her and she wasn't as devastated as Thomas, so she only mourned. And in that mourning, I feel like the character Tobi would keep to the Unwanted vow. She wouldn't forget anyone, especially those who died.

And you, maybe you'll remember me
What I gave is yours to keep
In white houses [x3]

This is Alice's line. It's talking about what she said to Faith in the end. How in a way, she gave the girl the responibility of making the world accept non-humans. That in giving up her life for Faith, Faith would in turn finish what was originally Ty Lu's dream. And that Faith would begin it all in Sylan.

And that is all. Told you it was long. And it's kind of sad too. Hope you liked it. XD
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

Character Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Songs   Character Songs I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 12:06 pm

I had a big long post, but an Internet error eated it...

Toko, I thought that I had read your post before, but I realized that I hadn't when I went to post. That's a really in-depth look into the song and the Unwanted RPs.

I'm on a Siv kick right now, so... I heard Five for Fighting's 100 Years the other day and I haven't been able to stop listening to it since getting on this Siv kick.

The song is very reflective, which fits well for Siv's character. It also talks about potential throughout the entire song. Being a slave her whole life, she never saw herself as having potential. However, various people in her life have seen this.

'And I'm just dreaming. Counting the ways to where you are.'
Siv has always dreamed of a better life. She tells herself that she doesn't mind being a slave, but she can't help but wish for a better life at times. Also, once she realizes that she's in love with Connor, she can't stop thinking about him.

'There's still time for you.'
As I said earlier, this song talks about potential. This line shows it the best. Captain Luther even realized the potential that Siv possessed, which is why he let her live when he killed her previous master. She's like a flower just waiting to bloom. Connor saw this the most in her, which is really evident in the collab that Plague and I wrote together.

'Every day's a new day.'
This line really comes into play in the collab, as Connor treats Siv as a person, rather than a slave. Siv kept trying to act just as a slave should, but she found herself looking forward to each new day more. Slowly, she was beginning to bloom. No longer did she dream of a better life, but she looked forward to the one that she had.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

Character Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Songs   Character Songs I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 2:31 pm

^not as long as mine and thanks. Everytime I listen to the song I thought of the Unwanted.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

Character Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Songs   Character Songs I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 6:03 pm

^Well, my original post was longer than the one that I have now. However, yours is longer than my orignal post was as well.

The line that really sticks out to me in the White Houses song is that of 'rush of blood, and a little bit of pain'.

I can just see Alice dying then, and Thomas rushing towards her in horror. The image is just so vivid in my mind.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

Character Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Songs   Character Songs I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 11:35 am

I see this song for Fawn. Her parents rejected her at a young age because of her people. She had been shut down by so many people because of it too. And now she's afraid to get close to people, let along love someone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQtszNis6C4
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

Character Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Songs   Character Songs I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 2:24 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScxCyuDYOto&playnext_from=TL&videos=9eU_Nyqbajc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn_raB31aAs&playnext_from=TL&videos=tVz3IQgy3tg

I feel these two songs define Sayo/Amy now and probably later
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

Character Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Songs   Character Songs I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 12:29 am

I think this thread is a really great idea, and I decided to go through a few of my characters(well almost all of them, actually) to see what songs fit them.

I suppose I'll start with my characters from Rebellion.

Gaeta's Lament: Composed by bear Mcreary and sung by Alessandro Juliani

This song sums up Rhys' character from Rebellion almost perfectly. The Desperation, the way the song picks up and starts over halfway through... He's given almost everything up, to the Empire and for the few people he's tried to take care of. He only has his life left to give, and at this point, it wouldn't be a hard thing for him to do.

Alone she sleeps in the shirt of man
with my three wishes clutched in her hand

This part could refer to either C.C. or Katie, and the sort of power and pull they held(and still do) over Rhys.

the first that she be spared the pain
that comes from a dark and laughing rain
when she finds love
may it always stay true

This part sums up how Rhys wishes he could protect them. He's referring to Katie, most likely.

yes I beg for the second wish I made too
but wish no more
my life you can take

This part reveals his death wish, and his eagerness to die with some purpose at least.

to have her pleased just one day wake
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

Character Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Songs   Character Songs I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 2:56 am

Well, I suppose I'll continue on with this. Starting with Katie's character seems like the right thing to do, so here we go.

Serahs Theme from Final Fantast XIII: Composed by Masahi Haumazu

Lyrics:

Make my wish come true, let darkness fade to light
Show me there's still hope, show me it's not over

I suppose these two sentences sum up Katie's idealistic prayers. Though she's still wary of giving into her idealism, especially after everything that's happened in her life.

Battles we can win, our struggle lies within
Will we live to greet the dawn?
Love will not leave you, hate will not heal you

This part is what sets her apart from her now deceased Cousin. She recognizes that things like hate, and revenge, wont help anything or anyone in the end. The lesson she learned from Susanna in the end, and Caesar and C.C. as well, is that people are destroyed by themselves and how they react to things much more often then they are destroyed by others. At least, that's how her character sees it.

Now please make one day that peace shall reign

Now of course, this goes back to her Idealistic prayers and wishes from the beginning of the song.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, I guess now I'll do Kegan's character.

Fang's Theme: Composed by Masahi Haumazu

This song is a bit hard is a bit harder to explain then the previous ones, considering that there are no lyrics. But I suppose the reason I think it fits Kegan's character almost perfectly is because it manages to be light-hearted and free, while being incredibly focused at the same time.

From 1:31-2:05, the song sort of goes into this violent army march type of vibe. It works, and what's especially fitting if that when it's done, it explodes into this sort of happy and free moment.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now it's time for Carlisle's character.

The song is Totentanz(aka: The Dance of Death); Composed by Franz Liszt.

This song continuously goes up and down, moving on as it covers the many possible paths of death, or in the case that I see, the many paths of Carlisle. At times it is violent, and quick. Other times, slow and mournful. But no matter what, you hear, and by extension feel, the regret. The Sadness that seeps through into every note the song uses and touches.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, on a whole 'nother level, if you look at everyone's plans for the RP itself entirely(I know most of them because I'm like a secret keeper or something) then Liszt's Symphony. 123 is an excellent song that sums up the entire planned story...musically.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

Character Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Songs   Character Songs I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 1:21 am

Invisible - Clay Aiken
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnRgbS4N1Vk

Just reread the sequel Unwanted RP, and was listening to Thomas songs as I did so. I found this song when the first RP was going on, and thought that it fit him perfectly (aside from how stalkerish it sounds), especially when dealing with his love for Alice.

'Why can't I bring you into my life?
What would it take to make you see that I'm alive?'

Thomas was a background character for much of that RP. He fell in love with Alice, the leader of the Unwanted, but he was just so weak, and so young.

'If hearts were unbreakable,
Then I could just tell you where I stand.'

He's so afraid of being hurt, of being rejected, that he's too afraid to talk to Alice and tell her how he feels. He doesn't want to bring attention to himself because he's afraid of being turned down.

'I keep tracing your steps,
Each move that you make.'

He watches her, as she interacts with those around her, but he keeps himself at a distance.

'I reach out,
But you don't even see me.
Even when I scream out,
Baby, you don't hear me.'

And when he finally reveals his love for her when trying to protect her from Jason, she ends up dying. He tries his best to save her, but it's as if he didn't even try at all. Alice dies not knowing the depth of Thomas's love for her (granted, his love was probably intensified by his loss).

'I am nothing without you,
Just a shadow passing through.'

When Alice dies, Thomas completely loses it. He falls apart, and it takes him a long time to be able to function again.

'If I was invisible,
Wait, I already am.'

Those two lines are repeated again and again throughout the song, and that is really how Thomas feels throughout the first thirteen years of his life. He doesn't feel as if anybody cares, and when he falls in love, the girl he loves hardly even notices him.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

Character Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Songs   Character Songs I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 1:39 pm

I got one for Ty Lu. It's The Fear by Lily Allen.

I want loads of clothes and fuckloads of diamonds
I heard people die while they are trying to find them

She doesn't exactly want material things, more to be accepted, even if it costs her a lot.

And I'll take my clothes off and it will be shameless
'Cuz everyone knows that's how you get famous
I'll look at the sun and I'll look in the mirror
I'm on the right track, yeah I'm on to a winner

Ty Lu is not ashamed of who she is. She is willing to bear the Unwanted symbol on her forehead and is really out there.

I don't know what's right and what's real anymore
And I don't know how I'm meant to feel anymore

Before she got adopted she was scared. She wasn't sure who she was and what she was.

And I am a weapon of massive consumption
And its not my fault it's how I'm programmed to function

Almost how she sees her leadership of the Unwanted. She is a weapon in getting non-humans to be accepted by humans. It's what she believes is her purpose.

Forget about guns and forget ammunition
'Cuz I'm killing them all on my own little mission
Now I'm not a saint but I'm not a sinner

Same as the one above.

And when do you think it will all become clear?
'Cuz I'm being taken over by the Fear

How she feels when she leaves Sylan. She turns her back on everything after she kills the teacher. She is afraid of herself and what she has done.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

Character Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Songs   Character Songs I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 11:09 am

Haunted by Taylor Swift is a perfect song for Jason/Ty Lu.

You and I walk a fragile line
I have known it all this time
But I never thought I'd live to see it break

This represents Ty Lu's fear that if Jason learned that she isn't human that he won't love her and that it would make it harder for her to leave him. He does find out.

Come on, come on don’t leave me like this
I thought I had you figured out
Something's gone terribly wrong, your all I wanted

Come on, come on don’t leave me like this
I thought I had you figured out
Can’t breathe whenever you’re gone
Can’t turn back now, I’m haunted

The chorus. The first part is Ty Lu. It could be when she learns he is dead and she is distraught over it or Jason's anger at her leaving.

The second part is Jason. He doesn't want Ty Lu to leave him because he thought that she loved him. Though the haunted part is more Ty Lu than Jason.

Stood there and watched you walk away
From everything we had
But I still mean every word I say to you

This is Jason. He had to watch Ty Lu walk away from Sylan and the Unwanted and more importantly him. But he still loves Ty Lu and will keep to his promise.

He will try to take away my pain
And he just might make me smile
But the whole time I'm wishin he was you instead

This is Ty Lu. She loved Kafir, but she will always love Jason and regret her choice to leave him.

I know, I know, I just know
You're not gone, you can't be gone
No

This is both Jason and Ty Lu. Jason doesn't want Ty Lu to leave him and he can't believe that she is gone. Ty Lu can't believe that Jason is dead when she comes back to see him.
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

Character Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Songs   Character Songs I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 5:11 am

I feel like the song Out There would apply to most of the characters from Succession: Rebellion.
This song applies to Brighe and her Father before Succession: Heirs, what C.C. might have felt like when she was Mage royalty and in love with Ye Jong, and it's a song where Rhys would sing both parts to himself. Maul, Carlise, Caesar, and Mab might all have interesting, non villain or villain only (Caesar) variations of the song.

(Antagonist lyrics are Italicized.)
-----------------------------------------

The world is cruel
The world is wicked
It's I alone whom you can trust in this whole city
I am your only friend
I who keep you, teach you, feed you, dress you
I who look upon you without fear
How can I protect you, boy, unless you
Always stay in here
Away in here
Remember what I taught you, Quasimodo
You are deformed

I am deformed

And you are ugly

And I am ugly

And these are crimes
For which the world
Shows little pity
You do not comprehend

You are my one defender

Out there they'll revile you
As a monster

I am a monster

Out there they will hate
And scorn and jeer

Only a monster

Why invite their calumny
And consternation?
Stay in here
Be faithful to me

I'm faithful

Grateful to me

I'm grateful

Do as I say
Obey
And stay
In here

I'll stay
In here

Safe behind these windows and these parapets of stone
Gazing at the people down below me
All my life I watch them as I hide up here alone
Hungry for the histories they show me
All my life I memorize their faces
Knowing them as they will never know me
All my life I wonder how it feels to pass a day
Not above them
But part of them
And out there
Living in the sun
Give me one day out there
All I ask is one
To hold forever
Out there
Where they all live unaware
What I'd give
What I'd dare
Just to live one day out there
Out there among the millers and the weavers and their wives
Through the roofs and gables I can see them
Ev'ry day they shout and scold and go about their lives
Heedless of the gift it is to be them
If I was in their skin
I'd treasure ev'ry instant
Out there
Strolling by the Seine
Taste a morning out there
Like ordinary men
Who freely walk about there
Just one day and then
I swear I'll be content
With my share
Won't resent
Won't despair
Old and bent
I won't care
I'll have spent
One day
Out there
----------------------------------------
What's amusing is that a lot of the characters have gotten what they wanted and aren't savoring like they would have thought.

To stay in the Musical vein, I'd say:

Chris gets God Help the Outcasts from Hunchback of Notre Dame.
Rein gets When Will my Life Begin from Tangled (Only the first and third version).
Caesar, Tsuba, Nebi, and Brighe could all sing (With the exception of Nebi) bitter variations of Nowadays from Chicago.
Caesar would rock a personal version of Epiphany from Sweeney Todd.
Susanna would have gotten a personalized version of Belle from Beauty and the Beast, before the Succession: Heirs story.
Valen would have worked Poor Unfortunate Souls.
C.C. would sing Not while I'm around from Sweeney Todd to those that she cares about, who at this point would be Katie.
I think you could get almost every character to sing Finale B from Rent.
With certain backround information, the song No Good Deed from Wicked is actually a very fitting song for Tsuba.

Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

Character Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Songs   Character Songs I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 1:40 pm

^I agree with Valen's song choice. It suits him well.

As for Ana, Maroon 5's Not Coming Home.

When you refuse me
You confuse me
What makes you think I'll let you in again
Think again my friend
Go on misuse me and abuse me
I'll come out stronger in the end

Ana's had a tough life, but yet she's become stronger for it. However, she's also shut herself off emotionally from everyone else.

And does it make you sad
To find yourself alone
And does it make you mad
To find that I have grown
I'll bet it hurts so bad
To see the strength that I have shown

This bit seems to be directed more at the land she came from. She's never been back, but she's occasionally thought back on the place, and has developed an almost haughty attitude about those that she left behind. She's become something more than any of them thought she could be.

When you answer the door, pick up the phone
You won't find me cause I'm not coming home

This fits Ana in two ones. The first is that she had no plans of every going back to her homeland. The other is that she's changed a lot, over the years, and those that knew her way back when would not be able to recognize her because of those changes.

You do not know how much this hurts me
To say these things that I don't want to say
But have to say them anyway
I would do anything to end your suffering
But you would rather walk away

This would be her parents. They tried to keep her out of trouble when she was younger and tried to make her happy, but instead she grew to resent them and had no problems leaving her family behind when she was taken.

[x2]
And does it make you sad
To find yourself alone

I could also see this part being asked as a question to Ana. She is always alone, because she shoves everyone away. And even when she is with others, she is emotionally distant. However, she doesn't really feel sad over it. I think that it's because she really doesn't know what love is.

And does it make you mad
To find that I have grown
I'll bet it hurts so bad
To see the strength that I have shown

[x3]
When you answer the door pick up the phone
You won't find me cause I'm not coming home

Ana doesn't plan on ever caring for anyone. She's lost herself in that sense, and so that last line can also refer to the fact that you can't find the caring part of her because that part is never coming back.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

Character Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Songs   Character Songs I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 9:28 pm

Very interesting, Alec. I don't remember a lot of the When Will My Life Begin song from Tangled, but from what I do remember it does seem to fit Rein. And after having just listened to No Good Deed, I highly agree it fits Tsuba to a T. I also agree with your other choices. Especially the Chicago and Sweeney Todd songs.

I think a variation of A Barbar and His Wife from Sweeney Todd would be rather fitting for Susanna and Caesar's relationship. At least, in Caesar's own twisted opinion. Hm. I wonder what character(s) would fit the Cellblock Tango song from Chicago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Character Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Songs   Character Songs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Character Songs
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next