New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!)

Go down 
+2
almostinsane99
Magus1108
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!)   Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 9:50 pm

Reginald Samuel

Reginald knocked lightly on the entrance to Tara's office. "If you are not too busy, Doctor, I am ready for my physical."

Mariah

Mariah glanced down at her watch and tapped her foot impatiently. She looked around, hoping that Nic would show up soon. She had said she wanted to help her out with the children, today. Mariah certainly hadn't minded, but she did hope that Nic arrived soon. Otherwise, she'd be late for her own class.

((Scott is welcome to interact with Shun, AI.))
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

Location : 'ow's I suppost ta know? Now get back ta work, ya miserable grot!

PostSubject: Re: Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!)   Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 3:25 pm

Kelly Martinez

"I find that hard to believe, as you're obviously doing exactly the opposite of what I told you. You don't like being treated like a kid, don't behave like one." she said, cutting her glare on the boy to Wesley, "I can't afford him getting people killed until he gets his attitude checked. You want him as your responsibility, I'll advise you to remember where the last group to make that mistake ended up."

Leveling her gaze at Wesley, she placed two fingers in the middle of his chest, "If he screws up, I'll hold you to that...but he goes down with you; this is his second, and last, shot. Do I make myself clear?"
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!)   Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 3:20 pm

"I understand," Wesley retorted. He felt a little stupid for letting Peter join him, but he thought that Peter could handle it. Besides Peter was cute. Wesley shook his head. Not a good reason to invite Peter, but.... "Does that sound good to you Peter?"
--------
Russell and Nic finally reached Mariah and Nic smiled at the girl and hugged her.

"Hey Mariah," she said. "Guess what?!"
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!)   Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 11:58 pm

Peter just barely resisted sticking his tongue out at the Commander. He gave Wesley a respectful nod and replied, "It sounds good to me."

At last, Scott finally spotted Shun, Pastor Samuel's "Sheriff". He frowned and approached the man. He respected the guy, but if he was the one that forbade fishing today, then he really wished the man had approached him first and told him why.

"Any particular reason why I'm stuck in land, now?" he asked as he finally caught up with the Asian police officer.

Last edited by almostinsane99 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!)   Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 4:12 pm

(This sounds like a stupid question, but what does a scout do exactly? I just want to be clear.)

"Excellent. Do you have a weapon or do you need one provided to you," Wesley asked. He was not going to let Peter come empty handed.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!)   Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 8:39 pm

((Hm? I thought this was a scavenging group. But a Scout Group scouts out an area for the scavenging team, clears away any zombies, and marks locations of note that the Scavengers may want to check out.))

Shun

"You heard the report." Shun replied gruffly. "Too much Shinnu activity near the lake."

((And Shun is just the Sheriff, AI. Warboss' character Kelly is the second in command.))
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!)   Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 12:31 pm

(I had Wesley as a scout, but it can be a scavenging team if you want it too)
Back to top Go down
Duello

Duello

PostSubject: Re: Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!)   Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 2:07 pm

Wulfgang moved into position to take point, his crossbow leading as his eyes scanned side to side. he padded silently forward, ready to respond to any sound or sight. Glancing over his shoulder, he noted Peter joining their group. "Well well, the pup joins the pack after all," he thought to himself, then turned his attention back to the area in front of him. If Peter was going to be with them, then he would have to be extra observant in his position on point. The boy was noisy, and noise attracted zombies. For a moment he considered the problem, "should probably take the boy aside some time, teach him to be quiet, calm, focused," he thought, then smirked.
"Yeah, because I’m being so focused right now," he added to himself, then shook his head clear of the thoughts and turned his attention back to the empty streets ahead. Trash and rubble, hallmarks of deserted towns and battlefields; Chicago was both. Wulfgang fell back far enough to be heard. "Where to today?" he soto-whispered to Kelly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.duello.deviantart.com
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!)   Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 5:22 pm

(I don't mind either way.)

"I have a revolver," Peter told Wesley, holding up said gun with a smirk, "And plenty of ammo. I have all I need."
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!)   Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 5:34 pm

"Good. Then I believe we are set to go if everyone is," Wesley said. He gave Peter an encoruaging (and slightly flirty) wink and looked at the others.
--------
Mariana noticed that she was being ignored but she saw Shun nearby and comfirmed him as the cause. She smiled in his direction just in case he noticed her and then turned to go to the hospital. She would come back another time.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!)   Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 5:35 pm

Mariah

"What?" Mariah asked, smiling at her friend curiously.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!)   Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 5:43 pm

"I think I'm starting to grow a mustache," Nic said, smiling at Mariah. Russell shrugged and shook his head.

"Technically both genders can grow facial hair, so it is possible that she-"

"He," Nic corrected.

"Sorry, he, is growing one."
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!)   Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 9:05 am

Mariah

Mariah smiled and nodded.

"Well, that's good to hear. Now, if you're ready, shall we go start school for the day?"
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!)   Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 3:06 pm

Russell nodded at Mariah and ruffled Nic's hair, who frowned up at him. Then he waved goodbye.

"Be good Nic," he called back.

"I will," she replied then turned to Mariah. "I'm ready."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!)   Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 9:10 pm

"Yes, let's get going," Peter told him, though he raised an eyebrow at the wink. Somehow, that felt... uncomfortable.

Scott scowled, "That's what we have bullets for, isn't it? The community needs food, zombies or no zombies, and the fish in the lake is our only renewable resource."
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!)   Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 8:21 pm

Kelly Martinez

"We're heading further out...further than usual. We scaved about as much as we can close by, and the latest scout reports from the last outing say that there might be a gun shop further in; past a burned out coffee shop and on the edge of the park," she said as she pulled out a worn map.

"We'll start down Main, using the abandoned cars for cover while the scouts scope the area; from there, we'll proceed along the safest route, conserving ammo. Ideally, we'll shoot for a straight shot," she informed, tracing her finger along the initial path on the map, "And when we reach sector Delta, we'll need to backtrack around the block; the building on that block collapsed last week." she said, holding the map for Wulfgang to see.

"That's the ideal path, and if what the scouts noted with their report, it should give us a few viable escape routes should things go south. Alright?" she asked, holding the map in case he had any input, "Come to think of it...you were on the scouting party last, you have anything to add?"
Back to top Go down
Duello

Duello

PostSubject: Re: Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!)   Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 6:36 am

Wulfgang smiled for a moment, gratified that she'd acknowledged his work, but only for a moment. He looked over the map, mentally running through the rout in his head. The first few streets were clear last time he'd walked them, or near enough to clear as to not make a difference. Then he noted North Racine Ave and a small shudder ran through his spine. he double checked and sure enough their rout would take them past Fulton blvd. He considered the surrounding streets then nodded and pointed to the spot. "Here, just before Racine connects with Fulton, there's a building damn near crawling with em'," he said and took a glance around for safety sake. "We can try to slip by going quiet, or we can bypass it by turning onto Washington blvd, then taking North Ogden Ave and reconnecting with our original rout north of the dead-house." he traced the detoured rout on the map for her, there were shorter detours, but this would be one of the safest and simplest. "The building itself is an old brick appartment building. My theory is that one or two went in, started bumping into things and more followed the noise, God only knows what they followed in there originally, but by now it seems like it's just them inside."
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!)   Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 6:55 am

Kelly Martinez

Nodding at Wulfgang's assessment, "A longer path, likely safer...though it may be something in the building, possibly survivors..." shaking her head, "We don't have the ammo to spare if there are." she said, folding the map, "Well, obviously, you're on point. Everyone get all of that?" she asked the gather group.

"Good. Close knit group, no stragglers, and most importantly: No heroes or stupidity...or you answer to me."
Back to top Go down
Duello

Duello

PostSubject: Re: Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!)   Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 12:13 am

Wulfgang nodded, a small grin spreading on his face. It was nice to be taken seriously, for once, he shuffled forward, taking up the broken step pattern he’d developed to avoid discernable footstep patterns. He’d read about it in a book, somewhere, years ago, back before the collapse. Sure, in that book it’d been used in desert sands to avoid drawing attentions of hyperaware, giant worms, but in a world where zombies had risen from the dead and started hunting by sound, who was to say what was ridiculous and what was sensible?
He brought his crossbow to bear and began walking point, trusting the rest of the scouting party to follow. That was what they did, and if he let himself get distracted keeping an eye on his own folks all the time it’d only lead to deaths. He shifted down the roads, keeping to cover and smooth pavement where he could, silent as any dog or cat. He knew his business, and walking silent on cement wasn’t much different from walking silently on forest trails.
Compared to his silence, his companions could have seen some improvement, and he winced whenever a stone tumbled underfoot. He’d glance, from time to time, double check his own back, but his eyes belonged forward, and they never strayed long. He knew this rout, fairly well anyway, so leading was simple, a few hand signals to direct the others of when he was going to turn, slow, stop, or when to move quicker.
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!)   Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 8:15 pm

(Sorry for the odd narration style, it's actually how I usually write, and I decided it was easier to work with since I had to introduce the character interacting with an NPC. If anyone doesn't like it, I can avoid using it for the rest of the RP.)

Tara

"Mama, he's just another Patient, no need to go through all of my ... Mama are you even listening to what I'm saying right now? It's just a checkup!" I shouted at my mother before grabbing onto her arm. That at least got her to stop for a few seconds.

"Baby, this place is a mess right now," Mama told me with that look she gets, the one where she acts like I'm still twelve and refusing to put on my Sunday best for church. That look should have stopped working around the time I stopped caring about the, "My house, my rules," retort Mama loved using, but it didn't, and I sighed in reply before letting go. "Honey, Reverend Samuel's has been awfully good to us, we don't want him to think we haven't been taking care of that now. I know I didn't raise you to be like that," She stated before getting back to hiding files, files I would need later.

"Mama, the people of this community expect me to take care of them, to heal them. They don't care if my office is messy," I pointed out without rolling my eyes. Mama probably wouldn't know, but that was a huge achievement on my part. "Besides, I am not going to invite the reverend in here for anything, unless it turns out he has cancer or somethin." Mama looked back at me with a terrified expression after that line.

I should have seen it coming.

"Heaven forbid, after all that the Reverend has done for us, for this community!" She shouted back at me, though I knew she could tell I wasn't serious with my comments. I rarely was these days.

"Mama, you know I didn't-," I began to reply, only for her to cut me off.

"Besides, I already have lunch for three being prepared upstairs, we wouldn't want any of it to go to waste," She stated, finally provoking me into rolling my eyes. She was making sandwiches, she knew I knew, but by now it didn't matter. God willing, the Reverend would most likely be busy after his appointment, and I could comfort my Mama and have a quick lunch before getting back to work after he left. Hopefully everything would go as planned.

Psh, like that would ever happen.

It took a few more minutes to convince Mother to go back upstairs and work on the lunch she obviously would want to impress the Reverend with. It took me ten seconds to put on my coat before walking into the foyer slash waiting room where Samuels would probably be waiting.

"Reginald Samuels?" I called out officially, like I did with every other patient, as I walked into the brightly lit room. It was always so white in here, so dull, so brightly lit. If we had actually had any available, I would have loved to paint the room a nice teal, something thoughtful, something that would relax the Patients. But asking scavenger teams to look for some nice teal would be a pretty god-damned selfish thing to do, so the rooms would stay white, and I would continue to stay away from the foyer whenever I could.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!)   Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 10:14 pm

Reginald Samuel

"Here, Doctor." Reginald walked forward, using two canes to (somewhat shakingly) get by. An older gentleman walked in with him.

"Ah, this is my eldest nephew, Patrick. He insisted on escorting me. These days, it seems my family has decided I always need an escort of some sort to get around. Heh. They think I'll fall to pieces any day now, likely." Samuel went on with a slight chuckle. Patrick started to protest, but Reginald quickly shushed him.

"Hush now, boy. Don't lie to your uncle."

Mariah

Mariah's gaze followed Russel's retreating form, for a few moments, before she blinked and turned her attention back to Nic. She blushed a little and nodded.

"Um, right. Of course. Well, let's get going then, shall we?"

Shun

"A valid argument. Which is why I plan to take an assault team, with Pastor Samuel and the Commander's permission, tomorrow to the lake to "liberate" it from the Undead menace." Shun replied.
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!)   Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 10:28 pm

Two canes?

He should've come here sooner, he should at least have a walker at this point. But then, old people could be stubborn. Maybe a walker was different then using two canes for them, or maybe, he just didn't want to burden scavenging teams with having to look for one. Whatever, didn't matter to Tara all that much, if she saw a need for her Patient to have one she would make sure he got it anyways.

"Hello Reverend Samuels, Mr. Samuels," I greeted with a smile. Hmm, two guests instead of one. I was probably going to have to make my own lunch today then, knowing Mama. Still, maybe I could see Ryan for lunch today, he could certainly use the company right now.
Can't think about that right now though, not with a Patient here. Not with a Patient plus an observer slash caretaker for him watching as well.

"... Do you need him for the checkup, or would you prefer he wait out here?" I inquired. I know I could be real mean to Mama, and suggest that Patrick go upstairs to help her out with lunch while I did my job, but I could never do that to her. Not without at least three snide comments from her, or two glasses of gin for me.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!)   Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 12:15 pm

Nic nodded enuthiastically. She always liked helping Mariah out. Besides Russell never really let her help him out. So she usually was at home or wandering the town until getting yelled at and then being at home.

"I am."
---------
Mariana entered the office and saw that Reverend Samuel was here. She raised an eyebrow at him using two canes. Wouldn't it be easier to use a walker? But Mariana didn't think she should voice that. He seemed to be using them fine anyways.

"Sorry I'm late," she said. Mariana started to explain but stopped in mid-sentence realizing she was speaking in Spanish. "Sorry. Anyways do you need help Tara or should I find another patient? God know we probably have others."
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!)   Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 6:52 pm

"Hmmm. I think Mrs. Johnson schedule an appointment for her son, they should be here in a few," I replied while pointing towards the wall. Well, the clipboard on the wall. It was covered in notes, mostly appointments, a few of them supply lists if anyone had something they wanted to donate. Not that they had to, I was rarely in the mood for pressuring people.

Usually, with Marianna with that cute smile of hers, and the great demeanor, or with Mama, who was so vocal about the clinic's needs, that things managed to work themself out. It was probably foolish to rely on others so much just because she didn't feel like dealing with others... Whatever, I'm too busy these days to deal with that sort of stuff anyways.

"Anyways, right this way, Reverend," I stated before opening the door behind me.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!)   Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 6:57 pm

Marianna flashed a smile at Tara and nodded. When she came to the safe zone in Chicago or what was left of it, she was a bit disappointed that there was already a doctor. But now it seemed like a good thing. Some days were just too busy and Mariana was lucky to have Tara.

"Gracias Tara. And buena suerte in your appointment Reverend."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!)   Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spero Tempus; Or How To Survive A Zombie Apocolypse (Now Open!)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next