New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Hardened Heart

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
hey_mai_Zukos_mine

hey_mai_Zukos_mine

The Hardened Heart - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hardened Heart   The Hardened Heart - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 1:32 pm

Chantel too glanced out the window, seeing the colour splaying across the sky, before looking back to Cyric. "I could get you home faster than your horse," She said, "That is; if you aren't fearful of heights."

Elala dropped her guarded expression for just a moment at his words, before resuming her glowing smile, something new to it this time. A sort of sense of discovery as she spoke, "I think there is more to Prince Marcus than what we can see with our eyes." She said, leaving matters at that.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: The Hardened Heart   The Hardened Heart - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 1:38 pm

Cyric grinned at Chantel. He spoke, "I always wanted to ride a dragon. Let's do it. Just let me let loose my horse. He'll know to return home."
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: The Hardened Heart   The Hardened Heart - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 11:40 pm

Ardal raised an eyebrow in slight surprise as he heard Elala praise the Prince so highly. "Well that's certainly good news to hear. Few men have such depth, and even fewer of them are human." The Elven Prince commented as his smile was tainted with bitter thought for a second. But the expression quickly left his face as his mind returned to the current subject he was discussing.

"Well if the Prince interests you, would you prefer it if I made the others busy so you have more time to learn about him without being rushed?" Ardal suggested as he studied Elala's expressions carefully, trying to see how she felt about the idea.
Back to top Go down
hey_mai_Zukos_mine

hey_mai_Zukos_mine

PostSubject: Re: The Hardened Heart   The Hardened Heart - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 6:28 pm

Elala refrained from allowing the quiet laugh she felt in her chest to go through as she spoke, "No Prince Ardal, I'd rather you didn't. I'm interested in Prince Marcus as a person, I have no love interest that I know of at this time. I'll find my own ways of getting to know him. Certainly without the dirty methods you were suggesting," At that her smile turned to more of a grin. "And I don't feel rushed in the least, I'm in no hurry to marry a man I know nothing of other than the obvious, that is."

Chantel stood from her seat, brushing out the folds of the plain dress. "Try not to scream to loud, or I shan't hesitate to drop you." the red-head joked, giving a grin at the thought of the last Human's face she'd seen ride a Dragon. It didn't happen often, she'd certainly never had anyone ride her. But she wouldn't tell Prince Cyric that, she didn't like the idea of an uneasy passenger.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: The Hardened Heart   The Hardened Heart - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 8:27 pm

"I'll try not too. This is going to be fun," Cyric said, in no way nervous about riding a dragon. His thoughts about soaring around the clouds excited him.
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: The Hardened Heart   The Hardened Heart - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 10:10 pm

Ardal chuckled for a moment as a genuine smile rested on his face. "Very well then. I'll make sure not to use my dirty methods then." He assured her before looking back down the hall past Elala for a second as the smile he had been wearing disappeared again.

"Just don't be surprised if you find out that other people are scheming or using gambits to win the Prince. I have faith in your-" Ardal stopped talking as a young human girl stopped down the hallway past them.

"Can't believe they wont leave me alone, I should have never knocked myself out." She grumbled until her voice faded away.

The Prince looked at Elala as though nothing had happened.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: The Hardened Heart   The Hardened Heart - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 10:23 pm

Marcus/Karian

As Marcus came to the halfway part of the piece, he was interrupted as the door opened, and a girl with a jewel on her forehead entered. Dragonian Princess, he noted. "Oh, what a wonderful piece," she said, walking closer to him. "You are remarkably talented, this instrument is never used in my Kingdom," Karian said, obviously trying to flirt. "Thank you, I practice a lot," Marcus said, not responding in kind. Not deterred, Karian moved closer, putting on moves obviously meant to seduce him. "Do you know any loves songs," she asked, staring him in the eye. He noticed her eyes seemed sharp, intelligent, there was a greater depth than in the eyes of the servants or his family, any human he had seen. He couldn't underestimate them, even when they seemed so... stupid, like now. "I'm afraid not," he said. Love was not something he was able to transition into a sound, like hatred or pain.
Back to top Go down
hey_mai_Zukos_mine

hey_mai_Zukos_mine

PostSubject: Re: The Hardened Heart   The Hardened Heart - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 10:38 pm

"Their scheming doesn't bother me. I don't see this as a contest, or some type of game." Elala said, watching his eyes drift into the distance, but pretended not to notice, smiling politely. "You were saying, Prince Ardal?"

Chantel smiled, "Well, okay then." She said, walking out of the inn, and beginning to make her way towards the most open space she could find with few people. Transforming was definitely not something one did in populated areas, or near buildings for that matter.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: The Hardened Heart   The Hardened Heart - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 10:44 pm

Cyric grinned as he followed the red-haired Dragonian. He couldn't wait to see her transform. He was sure that it was quite a sight to see. He spoke, "How big will you be?"
Back to top Go down
hey_mai_Zukos_mine

hey_mai_Zukos_mine

PostSubject: Re: The Hardened Heart   The Hardened Heart - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 10:54 pm

"You tell me." The red-head said with a grin. She paused mid-step, turning to face Prince Cyric, a good distance from the boy. She knelt down, hands on the ground. Concentrating, she released her hold in the orb planted in her back. At that, her skin began to darken to a maroon colour, two shapes began to bulge on her back. And as the Dragon's form grew, those shapes separated from her back into two large wings. Black claws stretched from her already large fingers. Before long her transformation had completed, and Chantel let out a powerful call as she stretched her wings, it had been awhile since she'd last took on her true form. She pulled the maroon wings back in against her back, bringing her front legs back on the ground, and leaning down so her head was just half a foot from Prince Cyric's, and gave what could have been a grin, revealing a long row of sharp teeth.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: The Hardened Heart   The Hardened Heart - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 11:46 pm

Cyric couldn't help but gasp in amazement as Chantel transformed. Was this her true form? He had no idea she would be so big. He patted her sisde. He spoke, "This is amazing... How do I mount you?"
Back to top Go down
hey_mai_Zukos_mine

hey_mai_Zukos_mine

PostSubject: Re: The Hardened Heart   The Hardened Heart - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 4:34 pm

Chantel held back a laugh, knowing what scale of damage it could do if she wasn't careful, feeling small wisps of smoke trailing out her parted mouth. The giant maroon lizard thought for a moment, finally deciding she didn't want a boot in her eye, and lowering her tail to the ground. "Climb up my tail, but be careful of my orb...It's sensitive." She said. Her voice wasn't low or growly as someone might expect from a Dragon, but it was the same as before only with a new effect to it. Like a silvery flowing stream, muffled deep within in a cave.
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: The Hardened Heart   The Hardened Heart - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 5:32 pm

"I was saying that I respect your decision to try and keep this event clean for yourself." Ardal commented as he looked at Elala, well more like through her really. The Prince was sure that one of the Dragons was down the hall, not more then eighty yards away from where he was at the moment.

"It should be interesting I suppose, living here for a while." Ardal said as he looked back at Elala, ignoring the presence of the Dragon for his own sake.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: The Hardened Heart   The Hardened Heart - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 9:30 pm

Cyric grinned at her voice. He couldn't help but think it was nice. He spoke, "Okay."
And, with the grace aqquired only from climbing on castle walls, he began to climb up Chantel's tail. After about ten minutes, he managed to reach her neck. He spoke, "Do I hold on here?"
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: The Hardened Heart   The Hardened Heart - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 11:11 pm

Marcus/Karian

"That's too bad, I bet you'd play the nicest love songs," Karian said, her body very close to his. She put a hand on the back of his head, holding it softly. "You're not really considering marrying one of those nasty elven witches are you? They're cold, unfeeling, they don't like anyone who's not one of them. And they'll betray you, because they have no sense of loyalty or honor. You'd be much better off with me, I'll always love you, never think of betraying you, and you'd have our power, which would help intimidate the other kingdoms around you." "Yet despite your power and supposed supperiority over the elves, you don't have any edge over them. They hold their own, maybe if you learned from them you would find you would succeed against them," Marcus said. "But enough talk of that, milady, you make an insteresting argument, but I need proof. This isn't a decision I'm going to rush. It's entirely likely that it will take weeks or months, perhaps years, before I come to a decision. If you are indeed right for me, and I right for you, it will become apparent." He kneeled and kissed her hand. "Now, if you will excuse me, I have other matters to attend to," he said, and walked out of the room. Karian stood there for a few moments, and then fumed. "I can't believe he just turned me down," she yelled, and stormed out of the room. "If he wants proof, I guess I'll just have to give it to him."
Back to top Go down
hey_mai_Zukos_mine

hey_mai_Zukos_mine

PostSubject: Re: The Hardened Heart   The Hardened Heart - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 11:54 pm

Elala shook her thoughts from trying to figure out whatever it was Ardal was thinking about, and went back to focusing on the edge-dancing conversation at hand, which from the feel of it; had started to reach a calm. She relaxed a bit, "Perhaps you should get on better terms with the other Princes," the snowette suggested, folding her hands behind her back, "Some bonding with others your age would certainly be fitting, and give you something to do on our stay here." Fitting? Really Elala? You sound just like your father. She shuddered at the thought, suddenly feeling defenseless; small, weak. All the while trying to keep her mind off his threats to act more proper. The footsteps down the hall did well to distract her, she closed her eyes uncomfortably, trying to keep from walking in the opposite direction as she could practically smell the Dragon down the hall as they left whatever various room they had been in.

"If you don't want to fall off, Prince Cyric." Chantel said, spreading another sharp grin, before raising her wings. She checked around with bright green eyes, and seeing the area clear; she gave a powerful downward stroke, lifting into the air with the kind of ease gained from years of flight.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: The Hardened Heart   The Hardened Heart - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 12:05 am

Cyric shouted in delight and maybe a little fear as he wrapped his arms around Chantel's neck, doing his best to hold on type, but not tight enough to make the dragon uncomfortable. He grinned as he felt the air rush around him as they entered the sky. He spoke, "Do you this everyday?!"
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: The Hardened Heart   The Hardened Heart - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 1:49 am

"It wouldn't hurt I suppose, but we certainly aren't anywhere near each other when it comes to age Elala, surely you know that." Ardal pointed out with a small smile on his face. "Such a short lived species the humans are though, Marcus certainly looks like he's near ninety already." The Prince noted as well, speaking to himself as much as he was to Elala. His eyes sharpened for a second as a small grin came to his face as he heard the Dragon princess shouting in anger.

"It would seem that he's already a wise person for his young age though." Ardal said as he looked back at Elala, feeling slightly amused.
Back to top Go down
hey_mai_Zukos_mine

hey_mai_Zukos_mine

PostSubject: Re: The Hardened Heart   The Hardened Heart - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 2:30 am

Elala smirked, which surprised her slightly, "Does it matter? You appear the same age, don't you?" She shook her head, "All I'm saying is that if you associate with other Princes that are considered to be in your same position, if not age group, you might have less time on your hands to scheme your way into the affairs of courting Princesses." She opened her eyes, grinning slightly to let the Prince no she meant no harm with her comment.

"Like I said, I don't think-" She cut herself off, not sure if she should tell Prince Ardal anything. She frowned. The snowette didn't know the Elf very well just yet, and couldn't be sure if he was the sneaky type that might tell her parents she wasn't what she put on for them, and Hell knows what they'd do to her then. She looked back up, smiling again. "Please excuse me, Prince Ardal, it appears I have forgotten what I had wished to tell you."

-----

Chantel laughed freely now, intentionally letting out some fire. Feeling the light heat on her scales. "This is the first time in awhile, actually." She said, flying for the castle, yet spiraling here and there to make the ride more exciting for the Human Prince. Grajan's gonna kill me for this... She thought to herself, knowing she would be in trouble for endangering the Prince's life, but deciding to make the best of it for now.
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: The Hardened Heart   The Hardened Heart - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 3:02 am

"I understand Princess Elala, it happens to the best of us." Ardal replied as though nothing wrong had happened, perfectly understanding why she wouldn't trust him. "After all the only way to gain someone's trust is to give them a reason too....doing so could be beneficial to everyone I suppose." The Prince reminded himself before sighing and loosening up his shoulders a bit to show that he felt relaxed at this point, a usual sign of honesty the elf thought.

"Anyways the reason why I don't make friends with others my age, especially other Princes, is because then I wouldn't have enough time to do both my duties and my hobby while trying to befriend others. Though I suppose that's a bit different considering I don't have to do nearly as much as I used to back in the homeland." Ardal reminded himself as he studied Elala's advice aloud before looking up at her. "I suppose you are correct, I should befriend one of the Princes." He explained as he tried to stay slightly loose and more honest, less charming. Unfortunately it made him feel slightly uncomfortable to be even this open with someone that he didn't know well. "Just get over yourself, this is better for you, her, and the kingdom." He was reminded again.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: The Hardened Heart   The Hardened Heart - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 12:37 pm

Cyric grinned, undeterred by the fire Chantel blew. This was the most amazing thing he had ever done. Dragons were lucky to be able to fly. He spoke, "That's too bad. I'd want to do this everyday!"
Back to top Go down
hey_mai_Zukos_mine

hey_mai_Zukos_mine

PostSubject: Re: The Hardened Heart   The Hardened Heart - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 6:41 pm

"It loses it's spark after awhile. It's like running for us." She told him, though it was so much deeper than that. Flying, taking on her true form, was like breaking free from an all too powerful net. Like stretching after laying down for far too long. It was the essence of freedom; which was a feeling hard to find these days. "Look," Chantel said, shaking her large head in the direction of the castle as they approached it, "Bet you've never seen it like this." She stated, circling around the castle in a downward spiral, keeping her wings out and using the current to curl her way closer to the ground. "I would advise you hold on." She warned him, as she came closer to landing.

--

Elala watched curiously as he seemed to settle down, and for a moment she wondered why. But when the Princess noticed a sense of discomfort, and apparent effort in his eyes, she decided against questioning the Prince's now more open appearance. She bit the inside of her lip, slightly confused as to how she should respond. Ever since the day she gave in to her parents wishes, she'd been on guard with any Elven royalty. You barely know the Prince, he could easily be just another one of their spies. The thought made her slightly uneasy with paranoia. It would make sense. They wanted her to do well, it would make perfect sense that they send someone along to be sure she represented them well.

"...Yes, yes indeed." She said, coming back to reality, and smiling. Her smile said she was perfectly comfortable, maybe a little confusion could be detected. But in reality, she just wanted out.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: The Hardened Heart   The Hardened Heart - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 8:35 pm

"It seem so sm-." Cyric began but he fell silent as Chantel began to spiral down towards the castle. He held onto her neck perhaps tighter than he needed to. He was a little scared, but that only added to the thrill of their descent. He only hoped he could come up with an excuse about why he snuck out of the castle and returned riding on the back of a Dragon. It was a pity Chantel wasn't a Princess. Then he could tell his father that he was just getting to know one of his brother's potential brides.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: The Hardened Heart   The Hardened Heart - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 1:48 am

Marcus

Marcus saw two elves talking ahead, and wondered if they had heard anything. It wasn't as if he would be ashamed of it, it might have put him on their good side. Maybe this fued between the races could be used in his favor, it was rumored that neither side really did remember or know why they fought, only that they were enemies. Who was to say a human couldn't know?

"Good day, I hope you are enjoying your stay here," he told the pair as he passed by. He realized quickly that he knew none of the names of any of the guests, but they all knew his. He hid a smirk, that was the way it was supposed to be, a future ruler didn't need to know the names of those who mattered less, but they would all know his. They were all here for him, he was the most important being in the castle at the moment, and he liked the feeling, the power, and he would keep it if he had a say in the matter.
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: The Hardened Heart   The Hardened Heart - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 2:05 am

Aine Fa'ela'n

"Now this is nice!" Aine mentally shouted as she ran after theDragon at full speed. She had left her shoes on the path far behind her along with the annoying part of her dress. She knew Ardal would be disappointed with her later, but at this point the Princess simply didn't care as she saw the Castle waiting ahead of her. The Princess ran across the castle's open bridge and stopped for a second as she jumped to climb a stone wall before her, only to fall down on her rear instead.

"Stupid nails, some help they are." Aine muttered in annoyance as she glanced at a chipped nail before standing up and walking into the main courtyard of the Human's castle for the second time that day. A few guards looked at her in suspicion before they noticed her ears and face. Aine then tried to ignore the chatter the humans made as she walked into a side door that she was sure would be the quickest way to her room.
------------------------------------------
Ardal Fa'ela'n

Ardal was about to reply when Prince Masters walked past them, greeting them as he walked by. The Elf studied Marcus' movements before looking away from the Pince as he bit his lip for a second, as though he were contatining something he really wanted to say.

"I see what you mean when you said he was special." Ardal commented again, not giving anyone around a single reason to see that he didn't actually mean it.
"Anyways thank you Elala for this enjoyable conversation, but I must be off now. Would you like to continue the conversation tomorrow?" He asked as he stood up straight with his arms clasped together behind his back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hardened Heart   The Hardened Heart - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Hardened Heart
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next