New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rebirth of the Gods

Go down 
+2
Lol Lol Lol
almostinsane99
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

Rebirth of the Gods Empty
PostSubject: Rebirth of the Gods   Rebirth of the Gods I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 8:42 pm

Once, long ago, the Greek gods were feared and respected throughout the Hellenistic world. Many stories were told about them, which today are called myths. Science clearly proves that the myths weren't possible. Despite this, however, the gods existed. They loved, quarreled, and often interfered with the lives of mortals, either benefiting them or, more often than not, harming them. Eventually, people stopped believing in the Greek gods, turning to other religions, especially Christianity. The gods were never heard from again until they were reincarnated in the 21st century where their powers and memories being to manifest while they're in high school....

Rules
1. No god-modding.
2. No Mary Sues or Gary Stues.
3. Keep cursing to a minimum.
4. Romance is, of course, allowed.
5. Keep this PG-13.
6. No one-liners. Post at least 2-3 sentences per post.
7. Other figures of Greek Mythology can be used.

Gods
Zeus: Magus1108
Hera:
Poseidon: Lol Lol Lol
Hades: almostinsane99
Hecate: Lol lol lol
Artemis: Lol lol lol
Apollo:
Ares: Magus1108
Enyo: Magus1108
Hephaestus:
Aphrodite: Lol Lol Lol
Athena:
Artemis:
Demeter:
Persephone:
Dionysus:
Eris: Magus1108
Eros (Cupid):
Hermes:
(Will add more as needed)

Character Profile

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
History:
Other:

Last edited by almostinsane99 on Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:21 am; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lol Lol Lol

Lol Lol Lol

PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of the Gods   Rebirth of the Gods I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 9:00 pm

Name: Hecate
Appearance: Here.
Personality: Hecate loves getting into mischief and pulling pranks on unsuspecting freshman. She is also very carefree and usually 'forgets' to do homework.
History: Hecate grew up with only her mother and brother. Her dad was killed when she was very young in a car accident.
Other:

Name: Artemis
Appearance: Here!
Personality: Artemis is very strict when it comes down to studying and doing projects. She constantly reads and blows everyone in the test scores. She often tells people riddles just to watch them try and figure them out.
History: Artemis grew up with a full family mom, dad, and eight siblings. Being the oldest of the kids she gets a lot of responsibilities shoved upon her so school is her time of peace from the hustle and bustle of home.
Other:
Back to top Go down
http://bulbsquirmanderchu.deviantart.com/
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of the Gods   Rebirth of the Gods I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 9:15 pm

(Accepted. Very Happy)
Name: Hades
Appearance: http://fc00.deviantart.com/fs26/i/2008/139/a/b/Hades_by_Debs1558.jpg
Personality: Hades is often cynical and sarcastic. He hates idiots, the chief of which is Zeus, whom he has often been at odds with. Hades is loyal to his friends, however, and would do almost anything for them.
History: Hades grew up with his mother and sister, Hecate. His father was killed in a car accident but for some reason, he knew that his father was okay, wherever he went when he died. Hades usually likes to be alone or with his sister.
Other:

Name: Orion
Appearance:: http://th04.deviantart.net/fs22/300W/f/2008/021/1/c/Dream_guy_Jan_2008_by_aiki_ame.jpg
Personality: Orion is kind but kind of quiet. He's often rather laid back and goes with the flow.
History: Orion grew up with only his father, never knowing his mother. He was fine with that, however, and loved his father. He has a few close friends and often spaces out. He often feels like he should be remembering something important.
Other: Likes to draw.
Back to top Go down
hey_mai_Zukos_mine

hey_mai_Zukos_mine

PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of the Gods   Rebirth of the Gods I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 10:52 pm

Reserve Persephone and Dionysus. Will have char. sheets up in a moment. :]

Name: Persephone
Appearance: Persephone
Personality: A bit of a dreamer, fairly social. Can be a little quiet, and is usually easily curious.
History: Persephone has had an average family life, she's an only child, and her parents travel alot. They'll be gone for a time period of months at times, leaving their only daughter at home alone. She doesn't mind, she likes the peace. And they usually call her every other night to check up on her.
Other: None.

Name: Dionysus
Appearance: Dionysus
Personality: Dionysus is carefree, he's social, and doesn't have much trouble making friends. He's always up for nearly anything, and is a farily loud individual. He's flirtatious, and a little on the mischievous side. But Dionysus does have a more caring, and considerate side to him. Though you most likely couldn't tell until you got to know him.
History: Comes from a family with five other brothers, and one sister. Him being the youngest. This is a disadvantage for him at home, but he doesn't seem to care for their teasing. As he could probably outwit three of them, and his sister usually sides with him. His dad died when he was three, so he barely remembers him, and his mother works a nightshift.
Other: None.

Last edited by hey_mai_Zukos_mine on Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of the Gods   Rebirth of the Gods I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 11:09 pm

Cool. Reserving.
Back to top Go down
roman_tic_kataang

roman_tic_kataang

PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of the Gods   Rebirth of the Gods I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 5:51 am

Could i reserve the enchantress Circe?If not, then can I reserve Athena?
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of the Gods   Rebirth of the Gods I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 8:10 am

I'd like to reserve Ares please, for now. Would it be alright if we could be creative with our characters? Say, maybe add a power that they aren't known to have in Greek culture?
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of the Gods   Rebirth of the Gods I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 8:29 am

(OOC: You can have both if you'd like, roman_tic_kataang and it depends Magus. What kind of power do you have in mind?)
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of the Gods   Rebirth of the Gods I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 8:46 am

I'd also like to reserve Enyo and Eris please. As for the power Ares could have, I had in mind perhaps super-strength, speed, healing, and the ability to use any kind of weapon? Ares is the God of War, but from Wikipedia I couldn't find much in the way of powers. Perhaps, if that is ok, I could do the same with Enyo? She is the Goddess of War and Ares' sister.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of the Gods   Rebirth of the Gods I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 10:01 am

Oh, that's cool. Just remember that, as this roleplay begins, the gods should be just discovering their powers. You can have Enyo and Eris too.
Edit: And accepted, hey_mai_Zukos_mine.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of the Gods   Rebirth of the Gods I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 2:39 pm

((Ok. By the way, since they're all in human form, shouldn't the Greek Gods have human last names?))
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of the Gods   Rebirth of the Gods I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 2:44 pm

(Hmm... I guess. I won't make it a requirement though.)
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of the Gods   Rebirth of the Gods I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 8:00 pm

Name: Ares Juon
Appearance: https://media.photobucket.com/image/lelouch/babitiza93/Code%20Geass/code104qx7.jpg?o=21
Personality: Ares is a fierce, violent, arrogant, and trouble-some boy. He loves to fight and cause trouble.
History: Ares is the older sister of Enyo. He is involved in the wrestling team at his school. He often causes fights, and gets in trouble much of the time.
Other:

Name: Enyo Juon
Appearance: https://media.photobucket.com/image/flay/Mist_016/Flay.jpg?o=9
Personality: Enyo is much like her brother, fierce, violent, and arrogant of her abilities. She enjoys fighting, and loves to listen to the past warfares of the human-race in History.
History: Enyo is the young sister of Ares. Unlike her brother, she is not involved in sports. She loves to cause and join fights, and is thinking of a future career in the army.
Other:

Name: Eris Drocsid
Appearance: https://media.photobucket.com/image/millay/refrained/Millay/1.png?o=12
Personality: Eris is a mischievous girl. She takes pleasure in other people's pain and embarrassment, and loves to create chaos.
History: Eris is a prankster, and has always been. She does not care who gets hurt in her pranks, and often prefers chaos over to order. She loves to lead boys on, and to break the hearts of others.
Other:
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of the Gods   Rebirth of the Gods I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 8:04 pm

Accepted. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lol Lol Lol

Lol Lol Lol

PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of the Gods   Rebirth of the Gods I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 8:24 pm

If no one takes Poseidon soon I'm tempted to take him... <.< When will we be starting so I can decide if I want him or not?
Back to top Go down
http://bulbsquirmanderchu.deviantart.com/
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of the Gods   Rebirth of the Gods I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 8:28 pm

We'll start when most of the gods are taken.
Back to top Go down
hey_mai_Zukos_mine

hey_mai_Zukos_mine

PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of the Gods   Rebirth of the Gods I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 8:51 pm

I think I'll reserve Apollo as well. EDIT: Nevermind that post.
Back to top Go down
volleygirl

volleygirl

PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of the Gods   Rebirth of the Gods I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 12:36 pm

Nevermind. Really sorry. :[

Last edited by volleygirl on Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of the Gods   Rebirth of the Gods I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 12:38 pm

(OOC: Okay. Cool. Reserving. Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
volleygirl

volleygirl

PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of the Gods   Rebirth of the Gods I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 12:43 pm

Also, could I reserve Hestia (goddess of hearth and home)?
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of the Gods   Rebirth of the Gods I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 12:53 pm

Sure.
Back to top Go down
roman_tic_kataang

roman_tic_kataang

PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of the Gods   Rebirth of the Gods I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 4:00 am

Actually, I'll just have Demeter, not Athena.
Back to top Go down
roman_tic_kataang

roman_tic_kataang

PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of the Gods   Rebirth of the Gods I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 5:27 am

Name:Circe
Appearance:long layered black hair, blue eyes, she is really like an emo. Has black eyeliner, blue jeans with pink linings, a black tanktop with a white body-fit shirt underneath, the black tanktop has pink vertical stripes, and she has black, white and pink rubber bracelets, and a few rings.
Personality:clever, sensitive, hate being decieved.She is quite independent and confident and very talented, and enjoys being by herself.

History:Circe was born to a wealthy family, her father being a businessman, and her mother a doctor. She was an only child and her parents often left her alone at the mansion. She was lonely at school, because many people thought she was a freak, by the way she would speak and how she loved talking about fantasy and Greek mythology, and about anything else that dealt with magic or mythology. If she did make friends, they would mainly just use her, also because they knew she was rich. Circe would once in a while bring friends over, and the next morning, they probably took one of her family's valuable possessions. She would get grounded and started to hate those who would decieve her.
Circe ran away and started living on her own. She started going to a new school, which had a much more friendlier environment. She still keeps contact with her parent, and they occassionally send her money, to support herself.
Other:
I'll finish the rest later.

And sorry for the double post.

Name: Demeter
Appearance:Rebirth of the Gods Fsin different outfit. a pinkish eyelet shirt, with a ruffled skirt and brown boots.
Personality:friendly, loves plants and flowers, caring, protective, hospitable, smart, full of knowledge about plants, herbs, flowers, etc., flexible
History:Demeter grew up loving plants. She was the youngest child of three. Her parents divorced when she was nine, and she stayed with her dad. While at home though, her dad is very busy so she would do most of the household chores. She mainly has some time with him during the weekends. She misses her mom, and her brother and sister, but she feels more comfortable around her dad. Her mother was quite strict in her younger years, always giving strict rules. She is now living a happy life with her dad, but wishing she could see her mom, brother, and sister again.
Other:At times, she feels close and protective of Persephone.

Last edited by roman_tic_kataang on Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of the Gods   Rebirth of the Gods I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 2:51 pm

Are we going to start this anytime soon? I may also take Zeus.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of the Gods   Rebirth of the Gods I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 3:05 pm

(Accepted. And I think I'll start this. I'd appreciate it if more the gods are taken.)
Hades sighed as he walked to school. He wasn't necessarily looking forward to it. Still, it was a necessary evil if he didn't want to be grounded. He wondered if he'd see Persephone today. He smiled to himself. He felt a... connection to her as well as to other people at school, even a few of the idiots. He wondered about this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rebirth of the Gods   Rebirth of the Gods I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rebirth of the Gods
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next