New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Will We Survive?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

Will We Survive? Empty
PostSubject: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 10:18 pm

Luxury Cruise Liner S.S. Mollandra Dissappears at Sea

June 29th, 2009. The Cruise Liner S.S. Mollandra set sail for a routine voyage in the Pacific. It's route was to go from the coast Washington, travel North to Alaska, then go eastward to some Pacific islands. The ship maintained raido contact through the first week, but stopped transmitting a signal soon after hitting open waters.

The last audio message recieved from the ship consisted of panic and yelling voices; it is believed the ship has been hijacked by pirates. The coast guards and Navy found the ship, abandoned in the middle of the ocean, with no sign of life on board, and most valuables stripped from it.

It is assumed the passengers and crew are dead or prisoners on the pirate ship. More news will come when available.

Rules:

1. No godmodding, one liners, ect.
2. Cursing is allowed, just don't go overboard.
3. Questions are meant to be asked, so ask if you have one.
4. Let's keep blood and gore minimal, please.
5. This will be a mature RP, so you've been warned.
6. Decent post length please, no less than three lines.
7. You can have as many characters as you want, just keep tabs on them.
8. Use good grammar; if you have many grammar mistakes in a post, please go back and fix them, preferably before you post it at all. We all have bad days, one or two mistakes are fine occasionally.
9. Read the rules.
10. I reserve the right to add/modify rules.

Application:

Username:
Name:
Passenger, Crew Member, Pirate:
Appearance:
Personality:
Brief History:
Other:
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

Will We Survive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 10:18 pm

Accepted Characters:

Username: manysidestome
Name: Chris Dawson
Passenger, Crew Member, Pirate: Crew Member
Appearance: Tall and well built, Chris is in great shape. He wears a tattered Mollandra uniform, consisting of a dark green shirt and white shorts. He has brown hair that's slightly curly and a fiery look in his green eyes.
Personality: Chris Dawson is outgoing and friendly, he'll do his best to please others and have fun himself. He has a take life by the horns attitude and lives every day to its fullest. He's somewhat of a rebel and hates injustice, and will resist oppressers at every turn.
Brief History: Chris worked on the Mollandra doing pretty much anything from cleaning to organizing events to lifeguarding, he fit in any place they needed someone, but mainly stuck him where he could make the passengers feel good. When the ship was attacked, he took up arms against the pirates, but without bullet-proof material on him he was incapacitated, and taken unconciously. Now that he's healed some, he's forced to work hard on the pirate's ship, though he takes every opportunity to mess things up, usually resulting in lashes across his back.
Other: Some look to him for leadership now, but he has no idea how to free them.

Username: Casey Jewels
Name: Chance Dawn
Passenger, Crew Member, Pirate: Passenger
Appearance: Chance looks very much like his father, with brown hair and brown eyes. He stands at roughly 5'4", but has just hit his growth spurt and so is growing quite rapidly. His skin is tan from spending much of his time outdoors. He wears blue jeans and a dark blue shirt with the word 'Cops' across it in yellow lettering with a badge of a darker yellow color partway behind the word. On his feet is a worn pair of black sneakers. He had a suitcase full of his personal belongings (such as changes of clothing, a sketchbook, his journal, etc.), but he doesn't know what happened to it. All he has on him at the moment is a pen and a small notepad.
Personality: When one sense is weak, the others are stronger. This is the way it is for Chance. Because he can't speak, he has become very observant. He also is a very kind individual and usually knows just how to brighten someone's day. Because of his inability to talk, he was often bullied by his classmates and thus has grown to hate seeing others being hurt. Like all of the Dawn children, he has inherited a bit of his mother's stubbornness. Coupled with his curiosity, this has gotten him in trouble from time to time.
Brief History: Chance was born into a pretty "strange" family. Because he was born a mute, he also possess the power of telepathy.
At a young age he adopted a stray cat by the name of Sliver. This is when he first started to come into his powers, as he spoke with the cat via telepathy. Over the years he learned how to expand this telepathy, and thus he was able to start talking to his family. Still, he remained a quiet boy.
To stop myself before I make this 'brief' history any longer, he won a cruise on the Cruise Liner S.S. Mollandra. Katie, his older sister, was supposed to be his adult companion, but she vanished shortly after the ship set sail, leaving Chance alone on the ship, except for his cat.
Other: Yes, Chance is a mage, but he really only uses telepathy with Sliver.

Last edited by manysidestome on Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

Will We Survive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 10:19 pm

Anything Else:

Pretty self explanatory. Pirates took over a cruise liner, kidnapped or killed everyone on board, and now they'll either keep them locked up or use them for labor. What happens on board is for you to decide.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

Will We Survive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 11:16 pm

I'd like to reserve a pirate and possibly a passenger, please.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

Will We Survive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 12:11 am

Username: Casey Jewels

Name: Chance Dawn

Passenger, Crew Member, Pirate: Passenger

Appearance: Chance looks very much like his father, with brown hair and brown eyes. He stands at roughly 5'4", but has just hit his growth spurt and so is growing quite rapidly. His skin is tan from spending much of his time outdoors. He wears blue jeans and a dark blue shirt with the word 'Cops' across it in yellow lettering with a badge of a darker yellow color partway behind the word. On his feet is a worn pair of black sneakers. He had a suitcase full of his personal belongings (such as changes of clothing, a sketchbook, his journal, etc.), but he doesn't know what happened to it. All he has on him at the moment is a pen and a small notepad.

Personality: When one sense is weak, the others are stronger. This is the way it is for Chance. Because he can't speak, he has become very observant. He also is a very kind individual and usually knows just how to brighten someone's day. Because of his inability to talk, he was often bullied by his classmates and thus has grown to hate seeing others being hurt. Like all of the Dawn children, he has inherited a bit of his mother's stubbornness. Coupled with his curiosity, this has gotten him in trouble from time to time.

Brief History: Chance was born into a pretty "strange" family. Because he was born a mute, he also possess the power of telepathy.

At a young age he adopted a stray cat by the name of Sliver. This is when he first started to come into his powers, as he spoke with the cat via telepathy. Over the years he learned how to expand this telepathy, and thus he was able to start talking to his family. Still, he remained a quiet boy.

To stop myself before I make this 'brief' history any longer, he won a cruise on the Cruise Liner S.S. Mollandra. Katie, his older sister, was supposed to be his adult companion, but she vanished shortly after the ship set sail, leaving Chance alone on the ship, except for his cat.

Other: Yes, Chance is a mage, but he really only uses telepathy with Sliver.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/215440
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

Will We Survive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 11:14 pm

Accepted Casey.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

Will We Survive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 7:34 pm

Starting now, still accepting applicants though.

Chris Dawson

With each crack of the whip, flesh was stripped away and blood trickled down his back. Chris never made a sound as he suffered through this 'punishment'. The pirate doing the whipping was particularly pissed at him for 'accidentally' tripping him up. It was a petty move, and a dumb one, considering his position, but Chris didn't feel that way, since it had let some others steal food from the storage, as the pirates were distracted.

Which lash was this? 15, 41, 83, or 100? He didn't keep count, he just stood there, trembling from the pain, until the pirate got bored. What felt like hours ticked by, and Chris wasn't going to hold out much longer, when the pirate relented. "Take this sorry filth to the brig," he shouted, and a pair of pirates grabbed Chris and took him below deck.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

Will We Survive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 7:38 pm

(“Don’t worry so much. You know that Casey and Will are gonna do whatever it takes to find you.”)

(“But that’s if they even know,”)
the teenager answered back as his brown eyes flickered over to the tabby cat that was sunbathing on the floor—except for the fact that no sun reached their cell. It was that tabby cat that he was talking to, though no words were vocally exchanged between them.

(“They would have been notified about the disappearance of our ship. You know that information like that can’t be held back from families.”) The tabby cat’s tail lashed from side-to-side, the only physical sign that he was awake.

(“You’re right…”)

(“Of course I am.”)

Chance didn’t reply back to his feline friend, but instead let out a soft sigh and pulled his knees closer to him. He wrapped his arms around his legs and then rested his head on his knees. Of course Sliver was right. There was no need to worry. He would just have to keep his cool, be smart. As long as he didn’t annoy the pirates, they wouldn’t have any reason to kill him.

(“You don’t think that they eat cats, do you?”)

The teen chuckled silently and then slid closer to his tabby cat. (“If they do, I’m sure that they won’t want you. Your meat would be too dry and tough.”)

Sliver tilted his head to the side as Chance rubbed at him behind his ear. The cat purred softly. (“You’re right. They’d choke trying to swallowing me down.”)

(“Of course they would.”)

Still, the two of them couldn’t help but feel a twinge of unease. Nothing was certain in their future at the moment, least of all the guarantee that they would survive.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

Will We Survive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 7:44 pm

Chris

The door to Chance's cell opened and Chris was shoved into it, falling to the floor in front of the teen and cat in a bloody heap, with a rough yell behind him, "get in there ye filth!" The two pirates chuckled and walked away, while Chris struggled to get to his knees, the blood loss washing weakness over him.

"Damn pirates," he muttered, arms trembling as they supported his weight. Not even a wash cloth to clean his back, these were brutal men.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

Will We Survive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 7:57 pm

Chance scrambled back as Chris was thrown in, so as to not end up with the young adult crushing him. Sliver simply dodged to the side. After the pirates had left, Chance crawled forward, concern showing in his brown eyes.

His hands dipped into his pocket for his notepad and pen--the only personal items that he had been left when the pirates had searched him. He wasn't sure what he was going to say. A 'you okay?' seemed foolish to write, when it was so obvious that the older male was not.

Instead he placed the pad and pen on the ground and placed what he hoped was a comforting hand on Chris's shoulder, careful not to touch the whip wounds.

("He needs help. Clean wounds. They'll get infected otherwise.") Sliver commented.

("I know,") Chance responded, but he had nothing to clean the bloody mess up with.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

Will We Survive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 8:07 pm

Chris

When he felt a hand on his shoulder, Chris looked up, and say a kid, younger than him at least. He grinned and seemed to draw some strength, sitting up though slowly. "I'm ok," he said, clearly lieing. He noticed something in the corner, and thought for a moment it might be a rat, before he saw it clearly wasn't, it was a cat. It was odd, he thought the pirates would take that animal and kill it or something horrible like that.

"I don't remember you from the crew, so were you a passenger on the Mollandra," Chris asked Chance. "Or were you already here before we were attacked?"
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

Will We Survive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 8:18 pm

Chance reached back and grabbed his pad from off of the floor.

'Passenger' he wrote out and then showed the notepad to the young adult. He knew that the crew member was lying, but there was nothing that he could do to help. He wasn't a healer, like his sister, Kim, was. Still, he could feel the guilt welling up.

Sliver walked forward, giving the stranger a curious sniff. He sneezed and then gave a shake of his head. ("Bleck. He reeks.")
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

Will We Survive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 8:28 pm

Chris

Chris raised an eyebrow as the kid wrote something and showed him. "Passenger," he read aloud, and gave Chris a look. "Cat got your tongue," he asked, and then smiled, chuckling. It was short lived, as the cell door was thrown open, and another pirate walked in. He eyed the two people as he would regard insects, and focused on Chris.

"So your the one who's been causing the crew problems," he said. He bent down and grabbed Chris by the neck, bringing him up. "Where's your tricks now," he asked, and threw him down on his back, making him at last cry out. "So, you can feel pain, despite what some may think," he said, and motioned to some pirates outside the door. They brought in a rag and a bucket of water.

"Clean yourself up, and remember my generosity," he said, and walked out, the door slamming behind him. Chris sat up, weakly, and grabbed the rag and bucket, dipped it in the water, and began trying to clean his back.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

Will We Survive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 8:44 pm

Chance bit his lip as the door slammed shut once again. His hands had curled into fists and his body was shaking. It wasn't right for anybody to be treated in this fashion.

("Don't go and try to be a hero, Chance. You'll just get yourself killed.")

The teenager forced himself to relax and then grabbed a hold of the rag, gently pulling it out of Chris's grasp. He offered the injured adult a smile to show that it was alright and then gently began to clean up the bloody back.

("This isn't right, Sliver.")

("You're too much like your mother...")
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

Will We Survive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 9:41 pm

Chris

Even though Chris didn't want to bother the kid with his injuries, he didn't resist. He couldn't reach, and he didn't refuse favors. "Thanks kid, I owe you," he simply said. He began to think, these people needed to escape from the pirates, but how could they do that? These pirates kept them all chained up or exhausted, there was no way they could overpower them.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

Will We Survive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 9:50 pm

Chance nodded in response and then adjusted his position a little. He sat down behind the young adult and continued to gently clear away the blood. With his free hand he slowly wrote in his pad. The process was difficult, but he could manage.

When finished with his message, he placed it on the floor and slid it towards the man.

'I'm Chance. Sliver is the cat.'

He dipped the rag into the water to rinse it and then went back to work once more.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

Will We Survive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 10:00 pm

Chris

"I'm Chance. Silver is the cat," he read aloud, as the kid continued to wash his back. "Well Chance, and Silver, nice to meet you. Just wish it was under better circumstances," he said. The pirate crew didn't seem to be that bright, but the higher ups seemed to have a sharper mind, so they would be the most difficult force to deal with... and the guns. A shot to his leg during the attack kept him from walking for awhile, and it still felt bad, but he had to bear it. "My name is Chris, former crew member of the Mollandra."
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

Will We Survive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 10:12 pm

("Pleasontries are nice and all,") Sliver commented as he walked over to Chance and sat down next to the boy. ("But they don't get us anywhere.")

("It gains trust,")
Chance answered back as he nodded at Chris. ("And that can make all the difference.")

Sliver didn't make any further comments, but simply yawned and stretched his body before curling up beside the teen. Chance worked in silence after that, too focused on his work to write anything more. Finally, after doing all that he could, he dropped the rag into the bucket of water and wiped his hands on his pants to dry them.

He then held out his hand, silently asking to have the notepad back. He felt slightly awkward in doing so, as he always did when meeting new people. Very few people seemed to understand how frustrating this was for him, to not be able to communicate like everyone else.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

Will We Survive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 10:34 pm

Chris

Chris looked at Chance for a moment, wondering what he was doing, and it clicked in his head in moments. "Oh, you want this back," he said, handing the notepad back to him. "Well, unless they have plans to move you soon, we'll be here for at least today and tonight, before they put me back to work," he said.

Pirates liked to drink, and when they got drunk, they slept, and during that time, if the right pieces were set, Chris could orchestrate an escape! But there were many variables to that, he'd need to do some looking around.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

Will We Survive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 10:56 pm

Chance nodded his head once again and then swiftly began to write in his notepad.

'They haven't told me anything about what they want from me. What type of work are you doing?'

The gears in his head were turning. This was his first time being with another one of the captives, and he didn't want to waste it. He would try anything to get off of this ship safely. Chance handed the notepad back to Chris, slightly surprised that the crew member hadn't questioned him yet about his lack of sound. There had been the one comment at the start, but that had been all.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

Will We Survive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 11:38 pm

Username: Magus1108
Name: Sayuri Hikase
Passenger, Crew Member, Pirate: Pirate
Appearance: http://gundegart.deviantart.com/art/Setsuna-58849916
Personality: Sayuri can be a cruel woman. She often lashes out at others, now taking out her anger on their current prisoners.
Brief History: Sayuri was kidnapped when she was two with her parents, along with several others when another ship was boarded by the same pirates years ago. Eventually her parents died, and the captain of the pirates decided to take her in. However, he showed her no warmth or kindness. All he did was just make her his personal slave.

Years passed, and Sayuri became an official member of his crew, though she still serves the captain as a slave. Sayuri has taken to the pirate way of life, and knows no other. She learned long ago to never show any weakness, or show any sympathy to their prisoners. The captain gave her a sword as a present for her 16th birthday, which he later made her use to execute one of their captives. Sayuri has vowed to kill the captain one day, before old age can take him.
Other:

I'll post this for right now.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

Will We Survive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 11:55 pm

(Accepted)

Chris

Chris looked at the notepad again and shrugged. "Whatever they want me to do, cleaning sometimes, but mostly it's pretty hard work, I guess they're trying to break me. I think they might want me to join them though, if I stop doing things like tripping them up."
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

Will We Survive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 12:12 am

("What the plan, kid?")

("I'm thinking, Sliver. If he had just one set job, this would be easier.")

("Well, he doesn't.")

Chance moved to write something more, but then paused and drummed his fingers on the floor. He glanced up at Chris and then back down at the paper, lost in thought. There had to be something... He glanced over at his cat and then smiled wide.

("Oh, no... Not a chance, Chance.")

He ignored Sliver and instead passed the notepad back to Chris.

'Cause a distraction when they come for you. Sliver will slip out then.'

He didn't know what they would do after that, but at least there would be somebody loose.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Will We Survive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 12:34 am

Name: Sarah Springfield
Passenger, Crew Member, Pirate: Crew Member
Appearance: http://sekiyuy.deviantart.com/art/Naomi-Misora-23031673
Personality: Sarah often acts emotionless, keeping to herself most of the time. She does not trust others easily, due to past reasons.
Brief History: Sarah Springfield was an undercover FBI agent on the cruise ship. She was investigating the captain, who was suspected of having ties with drug cartels back in the States, when the pirates attacked the ship. Now Sarah lies in waiting, playing the role of a frightful slave. She waits for the opportunity to free her and the others.
Other:

Name: The Captain (his real name is unknown)
Passenger, Crew Member, Pirate: Pirate
Appearance: http://candeku.deviantart.com/art/Count-Dooku-19438289
Personality: The Captain is a cruel and vile man, who enjoys torturing and abusing others. He shows no remorse for his actions whatsoever.
Brief History: In the span of two decades, a mysterious man known simply as ‘The Captain’ became a well-known person in the world of the pirates. He forged his own crew, and created his own mini-empire. He controls several other pirate ships, as well as a growing criminal enterprise.

Do not let his old age fool you. For even though he is old, The Captain has lost none of his edge. Those who underestimate because of his age soon find themselves wishing they had not. He is ruthless, and will kill any who get in his way. For the time being, he hasn’t decided what to do with the prisoners.
Other:

((So, what should I be doing with my characters?))
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

Will We Survive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 5:25 pm

(I dunno about Sarah, maybe doing work, or the captain talking with her. Sayuri could come for Chris to get back to work. Casey and I are sharing a pirate called Dante, the first mate, so if you want to work with that you can.)

Chris

Chris gave Chance a look that didn't dissappear this time. "What can a cat do outside the cell, aside from chase the rats on board," he asked. He wasn't one to cast apsersions on other's abilities, but a cat was only a cat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Will We Survive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Will We Survive?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next