New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN

Go down 
+15
Casey Jewels
spirit_world12
Oblivion
Big T
rcox1995
zukoismybf
Velox
hey_mai_Zukos_mine
nando_c_s
Fire Lord
Magus1108
Sarcastic Master
volleygirl
TokoToTheEnd
Ghostmaker
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ghostmaker

Ghostmaker

R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN   R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 4:21 pm

Now it is official. The ASN's roleplaying board is now gone.

This thread is a place where we can mourn and share stories from the board.
Any funny experiences or deep feelings? Share them with like-minded!

For me, I met some of my best friends on the RP board. Me, Casey Jewels and Shadow Moonseye met while RPing on "City of the Skies" and we grew close. Some time later, Plaugewalker joined our pack and still we're close friends (and more Wink ). This summer we're taking the next step and are going to meet in Real Life! All thank's to the ASN Roleplaying board!
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN   R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 4:52 pm

That's probably why I only have 169 pages of all my old posts and not 225(I think it was around that) anymore. XD
Back to top Go down
volleygirl

volleygirl

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN   R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 5:39 pm

I was actually on ASN when it closed. I refreshed my page.... and it was gone. I don't know why, but I was terribly shocked (I think I assumed they would be late like they were last time).

Also, I now have only 93 pages of posts, next to my old number of around 500 some - I don't remember the exact number, but it was incredibly high. Shows how dedicated I was, I guess? Haha.

The RP board holds a lot of memories for me - both good and bad. I have been in fights with old friends, and new ones. I've gone from terrible paragraph structure to better, but certainly not professional-grade. I've been very jealous of many RPers (haha, I finally admit it!), and I give them credit for my improvement.

I'd post more memories, but I don't really have time right now. I know it was all for the best, but... it still is saddening.

RIP RP board.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN   R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 5:46 pm

I miss the rpg board. It was one of the first time I really keep posting on. XD My first rpg was Secret, Lies and Teenage Spies. It's where I made most of my friends and a name for myself on ASN. Of course I have posted in almost all(or all) of the boards, so not all my time was spent in the rpg, but most of it was. I'll miss it so. XD
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN   R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 5:52 pm

I can remember quite a few RP's on there that I had a blast on, they were just so much fun.

I was there for years, so I saw the community change countless times, saw old friends leave and made new ones. I got into my share of arguments and whatnot, but overall I'll miss the RP board greatly, it's the longest I've ever been part of a community.

I'm glad it's moved here though.

The pages of my post probably went down by about 1000. Smile
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN   R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 6:02 pm

^Like The Darkness War, The Light Side and The Unwanted? XD God the Darkness War was my first rpg. I'm so upset that I wasn't able to save it. But it's saved in my mind.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN   R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 6:44 pm

Ah, so it is gone. We will mourn thee, ASN Role Play section. I will miss you.

I met a lot of my friends there, like MST, Almostinsane, and Toko. It will always have a fond place in my memories. It is a shame that Chong has not followed us in the move, as far as I know. He was a great RPer, and I still miss him. Such a tragic thing that happened to him. I do hope he is well and follows us here one day. But let me get back onto topic.

Ah, the first RP I remember joining with Legory's Death Note: Death's Fruit. I love playing Mello in that RP! It got over a hundred pages, but it ended up dieing sadly. I have gotten permission by Legory to repost it here, so I'm sure I'll be experiencing some fond memories again once I do post it. I also joined many other fun RPs there. Like the Swords of Agni. That was a great fun, and it would have been fun to join Big T's other RPs there had I joined earlier. Sad to see it all go. We will miss thee, Role Play Board.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN   R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 9:14 pm

I'm not an emotional person, so I can't honestly say that I was touched, or changed in some way. But, it was fun, it was definetly fun. I was in alot of rps, more than I can keep track off personally. Probably 95% percent of those I played as a villain(s) in some different form or another.

And I met all of you, that's definetly a plus. So...I'll miss it, I certainly will.
Back to top Go down
nando_c_s

nando_c_s

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN   R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 5:21 pm

Well even though I'm not the one that was Always there, I will still miss it. That Rp Board literally got me into RPing!

My first language isn't english, therefore, I wasn't that good, oh hell, I was wayyyy bad in my grammar. And thanks to some people from the RP board, like Chong, I was told of a few tips on how to improve my writing which did help a lot! I'm not saying I'm good now, because truly I still make some obvious mistakes but I'm better than I was when I started.

I don't remember my first Rp, sad I know. And I was one of the few which only went to ASN because of the RP board.

It WILL be missed...
Back to top Go down
hey_mai_Zukos_mine

hey_mai_Zukos_mine

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN   R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 10:20 pm

My first time roleplaying was on ASN. 'Survive the Schoolyear'. Going back and reading my posts, I nearly died laughing with my friend at the mere two-word consisting posts.

When I logged on yesterday, and I saw nothing below Creative Works, honestly, and I know this is stupid, but it felt kind of surreal with it not being there. Like maybe if I refreshed the page it would come back. No, I did not actually try that.

But anyways...R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Velox

Velox

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN   R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 2:45 am

Magus1108 wrote:
Ah, so it is gone. We will mourn thee, ASN Role Play section. I will miss you.
Like the Swords of Agni. That was a great fun, and it would have been fun to join Big T's other RPs there had I joined earlier.

Yeah. Back when I was a lurker on ASN, I would always read the RP board, and I mostly read Big T's RPs. One day I hoped that I could join one of hers...but I didn't think that I was really ready, and that I wasn't good enough. It's too late now, though...

hey_mai_Zukos_mine wrote:

My first time roleplaying was on ASN. 'Survive the Schoolyear'. Going back and reading my posts, I nearly died laughing with my friend at the mere two-word consisting posts.

I wasn't that friend, but it was funny comparing. xD Some of those posts really helped me though, so thank You. :]

The first RP I joined was a Star Wars one. It died pretty quickly, but I did make some decent size posts, and I think I wasn't like a complete noob, or atleast I didn't appear to be one. =D There was definitely a lot of good times there. I even had a whole RP dedicated to hunting me down dead or alive...and a few other things too. =D

Earlier today, I was thinking of this image I would use for a character that I really liked, and now I probably won't be able to find that image again...I might've saved it, but I don't really know...darn...

Well, I think the RP board closed awhile ago. I haven't really been on ASN too much (Technically I probably have since it's one of my tabs, but not really.) since this forum has opened up. Even though that's too bad it kind of shows something about me and RPing, but still. I'll miss the ASN RP board and I hope that more ASN RPers will find this site so We can All continue to have fun.

To the future...or something...Rest in peace.

*FN bow*
Back to top Go down
zukoismybf

zukoismybf

Location : On the bridge of Voyager, fighting the stupid of the crew for Janeway.

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN   R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 1:36 pm

At some points, I loved the RP board(Like when the Kaito-Megumi: Ocean Blessing RP was going right near the end of the RP board(I hope whomever made that one will post that here. I LOVED IT, and I want to RP my favorite characters again(I'd actually like to start anew, since I want to roleplay less liked characters before my more liked characters, if the want to post it here arises), since no one here wants a Star Trek RP, right? XD), and other times it frustrated me to no end(Like whenever I couldn't find an RP I wanted to join, and the ones I was in got knocked off the front page(I never really post in one after it leaves the front page(I'm neurotic about not breaking rules on a forum) since the RPs were all about series I had never read or wanted to, and genres of fantasy I never really liked, and there weren't any good drama ones, all at the same time), but I will never forget the fun I had on there. I never had really big moments or anything, just the little things that made me smile.
Back to top Go down
rcox1995

rcox1995

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN   R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 4:04 pm

I loved RPing on ASN, but I remember some of the most successful RP's I had as the most fun. I shall miss the City of the Skies and a few others.

I shall always miss the RP board because I had so much fun on it. I just hate it that I missed the day it left. I shall always remember it.
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN   R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 11:04 pm

I was sad to see the RPG board go. However, I am even happier that as players, we did not let this one thing beat us down. We continued, and now have a new place to gather, make new friends, and play through some awesome stories. Some good can come out of something bad, after all.

And people actually enjoyed and read my RPGs? *blushes* You guys are too kind.
Back to top Go down
Oblivion

Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN   R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 11:56 pm

Frankly, when I came back to ASN, I didn't even realize the board was gone until a week later. Very Happy

But I did have a lot of good memories of the RP board, especially with that one Pokemon RP I was in. (Which reminds me, I need to start that fic up.) I made quite a few friends on the RP board, saw old friends leave, and just had tons of fun. ^-^

volleygirl wrote:
I was actually on ASN when it closed. I refreshed my page.... and it was gone.

Holy crap...that must have been horrible for you. If I was there, I would've freaked.
Back to top Go down
http://thisisanawesomeurl.tumblr.com
spirit_world12

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN   R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 1:12 am

OH!

Oh!

That's why 1/3 of my posts went down! That explains it,oops.

I miss the RP board..but at least we have a new one to RP in! Not as big,but still twice as fun. Smile
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN   R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 5:03 pm

I'm finally getting around to replying to this thread...

The RP Board on ASN meant a lot to me, for many different reasons. The first reason is that when I joined ASN, it was because I was going through some personal issues, and I needed something to help me cope. I found this help via roleplaying. I had never RPed before, and I found it very new and exciting, and it helped me to get away from the world and my problems. Then again, when those issues rose up again later on, it was the RP Board that helped me to get through. So, I guess that the RP Board on ASN helped me to heal.

A second reason that the RP Board meant so much to me was because it was where I found friends. I had just recently moved to a new town and, while I had friends, I didn't have friends I felt safe to share everything (aside from Shadow, but she was my best friend before I even knew what RPing was, so she doesn't count). It was the RP Board on ASN where I met my best friends Ghostmaker and Plaguewalker, as well as friends such as manysidestome. These friendships helped me to grow as a person, in various ways.

Another reason deals with that of relationships. I've never cared much for boys, or for romantic relationships or any of that. To me, boys were always just 'icky'. But then, I found myself falling in love with someone that I had met in the RP section of ASN. If the RP section hadn't of been there, I wouldn't have stayed with ASN as long as I have, and neither would he have. Because of the RP Board on ASN, we were just able to spend two wonderful and slightly awkward (because I don't really know what to do in relationships...) weeks together. I will always remember the first RP we were in together, and how we drew close because of it.

Also, the RP Board helped me to grow as a writer. When I first joined, I was frustrated with my writing, and how I couldn't seem to push it to a higher level. I started RPing in the hopes that it would help push me out of the rut I was in, and it did. I would not be as good of a writer as I am today had I not been active on the RP Board. Also, I would not have an almost finished novel if it were not for the RP Board, and the success of my Midnight RP there.

The RP Board on ASN also helped me to grow more confident. I've always had self-confidence and self-esteem issues, but as I wrote with others and interacted with them, my confidence in myself slowly began to grow. I would not be who I am today without ASN's RP Board.

I was there since near the beginning and I was there at the end. I saw many RPs start and fail, and I even saw some make it to the end, or close to the end. I saw people grow over the time I was there, and I saw myself grow--both personal growth and better writing skills.

I know that I will never forget what the RP Board did for me, no matter how old I get.

We fought a good fight.

ASN's RP Board finished its course.

And now we have a new site to continue to grow, have fun, make new friends, and just have a heck of a time.

RIP ASN's RP Board.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/215440
Lol Lol Lol

Lol Lol Lol

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN   R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 8:47 pm

The RP board was the second place I ever posted. (I looked back through my posts and the first place I posted was on K_T_W's graphic thread asking what a sig was. lol.) I made a lot of good friends... like almostinsane and Toko and a bunch of others. I believe the first Rp I joined was called 'We will rescue the Avatar'. Don't ask me who made it because I have nooo clue. ^///^

R.I.P. AvatarSprit.Net's RolePlaying Board (':
Back to top Go down
http://bulbsquirmanderchu.deviantart.com/
rcox1995

rcox1995

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN   R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 6:29 pm

Yeah, I remember the City of the Skies RP and it was the greatest creation I have ever made. It was amazing. I met a whole group of people that still band together to this day.

Such good times. But, it is gone. Forever lost except for the salvaged RP's we saved.

R.I.P. ASN's RP board.

May it rest in peace and a recycling bin somewhere.
Back to top Go down
zukoscrazyfangirl

zukoscrazyfangirl

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN   R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 7:04 pm

I remember the first RP I ever joined, IT was called Vampyres, it was between me, Almostinsane, and Ginevra for the most part, that's how I stumbled pon evr's art, because I looked at it and then asked her to draw my character which came out amazingly. I remember the first RP I ever started, Real Terror, it was so silly now i think back on it, but it was some of the greatest times ive had, and that's why I salvaged it. I also loved Different Lives Connect, It was started by my best friend, TR, so I joined, and I took over Zuko as a character, by the time I got there, everyone in the RP had quit, and we didn't want to stop. By then it was between Me, TR, and CS123. It was the greatest RP I ever joined, and I think now that Im going to ask TR (Who barely RPs here anymore) if she would mind me restarting it.

R.I.P. ASN's RP board.

Some of the greatest days of my life lay with you.

Also I wanted to say I met some of my great friends on here, too many to name, but a few would be, Lolx3, H_M_Z_M, zukoismybf, TTTE, Amostinsane, Nightmare 13, Abeiya, and of couse CS123, I love you all and I hope I never forget/leave you. You will all be remembered in my heart as some of the greatest friends I have ever had, Some of the best players I have had the pleasure to meet. Also I hope to meet Malia someday as I will hope to visit her fathers resteraunt by the end of next summer.

Love Y'all! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ConfusedShipper123

ConfusedShipper123

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN   R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 4:59 pm

Thanks so much, ZCF. Smile I loved that RP too.

RP board on ASN really holds a lot of memories for me... but I'm going to have to cut it down in this post. The first time I posted there, was the first time I found out what roleplaying was, and it was way back in 2006, and I still remember the first couple RP's I joined. I was totally new at it.

The roleplay boards on ASN turned out to be, sadly, pretty much the only place I went to in my later days on ASN. I have lots of memories, some bad, but mostly good, there. I remember, like a few have said, fights with friends, and making new friends, and old friends, even crushes (not gonna go into that... ^^'), and it was wonderful. I was in a lot of RPs, and really developed my writing there.

I invited some of my friends to the site for roleplaying and made some really close friends, and some people even closer. I won't ever forget the experiences I had with Abeiya, volleygirl, ZCF, TR, manysidestome, Chong, ICallKyo, Katara_The_Waterbender, internet addict, Batella13/BatellaPixie (on ASN), Nightmare13, several inactive members, and many others.

The roleplaying board on ASN holds many memories for me, and it will be greatly missed.

R.I.P. ASN roleplaying board. You will be greatly missed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.procrastinator-writer.blogspot.com/
Ariana

Ariana

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN   R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 8:35 pm

Magus1108 wrote:

Ah, the first RP I remember joining with Legory's Death Note: Death's Fruit. I love playing Mello in that RP! It got over a hundred pages, but it ended up dieing sadly. I have gotten permission by Legory to repost it here, so I'm sure I'll be experiencing some fond memories again once I do post it.

That was BY FAR my favorite RP. It was the only one I was super active in, but the first one I joined still holds a place in my heart. I can't for the life of me remember what it was called, but I loved it.

Why did the RP board close, anyway?
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN   R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:50 am

Pyscho Silver couldn't continue being a mod there, and it was taking up too much room and slowing down the site.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/215440
Oblivion

Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN   R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 1:05 am

^ I wish the admins would have given more warning before it was all deleted, so some of us could have saved some of the RPs.
Back to top Go down
http://thisisanawesomeurl.tumblr.com
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN   R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 1:14 am

They gave us some time and some rps were saved. I'm not sure which were and if they're here (since it's been nearly a year since then), but yeah. It would have been nice to have some more time to organize things, and salvage some more rps, but we're good here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN   R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Roleplaying on ASN
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next