New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears

Go down 
+3
Magus1108
lovelyzombie
dylan56
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dylan56

dylan56

The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears Empty
PostSubject: The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears   The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 3:55 am

“A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles.”

The land has been segregated and slowly dying for nearly four generations. A continent that once was peaceful and prosperous now lies in ruins. Evil and despair have sowed their seeds and all that stands for good is in mortal danger of vanishing forever.

There is a great ancient forest, by the name of Lacrimis, the forest of Tears. Once a lush, thriving pinewood forest, it’s now cold and ominous, with the chill of an unnatural fog crawling along the forest floor.

And while the forest does have small settlements and a large encampment within it, many fear to walk its paths...

Especially avoiding the darkest parts of the forest to the North, where it is most dense and dark. Rumors of a fearsome evil that lurks within the trees are whispered and widespread.

You have awoken in the small village of Pinewood. You originate from the Far East Mountains, a place that you’ve never left, a place you have always known to be the one haven from the frightening darkness that spreads across the earth. A place you called home. Now, you wake in a straw bed in a little hut, the smells of burning bark wafting in the air, you listen groggily to the voice of a woman calling you outside...

What happens next is a tale of strength, courage and betrayal... What happens next is known as the Fable of the Lost Heroes.

Continent of Albion (rough copy)
The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears 23lbmlf

Rules:

Literacy is an EPIC must. I know I’ve been a horrible offender in the past… But that day is no more!

No one liners “Jane went to the door and answered it” Those posts are punishable by hand removal.

This is based on a game that has a PG13 rating if your American and an M rating for Australia/UK therefore – no swearing, at least not traditional offensive. You know what I mean…. And nothing explicitly overtly sexual – that means hands are always in viewing sight.

There may be up to two characters you can make.

Characters are not strictly good or evil.

Just because you’re character is a hero doesn’t make them automatically bat-shite insane awesome.. they need to develop their skills/powers.

No god modding OF COURSE.

LOVE ME.

Characters are only proficient in one of three skills - Magic, Firearms/Bows or Melee (swords & whatnot..).

Theresea (an integral character you'll encounter), while still a character, is also partly a narrator for the story, she can’t change your character or put them anywhere specific she likes, BUT, for the sake of story progression, when all characters are moving towards the same goal, Theresea will speed the process up by moving us all slightly further in the story… for example; “All the heroes had decided that they were to head north to stop the evil, I followed them with haste eager to help them in anyway I could. Three days passed when we finally reached a small village where we were to encounter an unexpected turn in events”.

The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears Forforfor
The forest of Lacrimis...

Character Signup:
Name:
Appearance:
Skills (Magic or Firearms/Bows or Melee):
Brief Backstory:
Good or Bad:
Other:

Name:Summus Manus

Appearance: Strong and stoic Sammus stands at 6'2. He has shortish brown hair he keeps messy and has piercing blue eyes. Sammus is quick and nimble on his feet and he wears a hood and fairly light clothes because as a hunter, he can't be too restricted with his movements.
The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears Dpjs45[/center]

Skills (Magic or Firearms/Bows or Melee):Firearms/Bows

Sammus was given this bow to him on his twenty first birthday from his mother. She told him that it belonged to her father, and his father before that. It is unsure how his family came into possession of it, but she assured him that only the great were meant to wield this bow. Sammus never believed it, but he can't deny that his aim and prowess when using the bow are far better than when he is not.

Brief Backstory:
Sammus is usually a reserved and respectable man. He respects nature, as he was taught to, and moves with speed and stealth as a hunter. He says what he means, but doesn't go out of his way to hurt people, and usually tries a constructive approach with people when talking... This sometimes however leads him to fumble his words, which is often why he tries to remain a observer of conversation rather than participator.

In the wild however, Sammus' personality shifts to that of someone who is more proactive. He is quick, nimble and to the point. He is able to think on his feet and his endurance is noteworthy, as he is known to be able to stick it out in rough and tough situations... Almost to his disadvantage because although quiet and usually reserved, Sammus is never one to turn down a challenge, whether it be by human or animal.

Sammus comes from A mountain village called Mountains Gate It's the first village within the mountains and sits just below the snow. He was raised by his mother, a chief-tress after his father died when he was young. His mother was a proficient huntress in his village and great herbalist. As he grew up and honed his skills, she taught him everything she and their ancestors had learned for nearly six generations... Because of this Sammus has become known as the Last Hand in his village, as it is often joked that he is the last thing anything sees before it dies when he uses a bow and arrow. He scoffs at the nickname, as he his a humble and usually reserved character.

Sammus was picked to be married to the daughter of a respected elder in a village that laid on the protected side of the East Mountains called Mare Marinas. He was two days into his journey to the seaside village when he set down to rest for a night and mysteriously fell unconscious... Waking up only now in the unfamiliar forest of Lacrimis in the town of Pinewood.

Good or Bad:[i]Good
Other:Sammus is good at tracking animals and sometimes people.

Last edited by dylan56 on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:14 pm; edited 17 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://my.heart.is.my.second.stomach
lovelyzombie

lovelyzombie

PostSubject: Re: The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears   The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 4:02 am

Name: Aurora Luminus

Appearance: In Aurora’s village, Mare Marinas, it is long-held tradition for the women to grow their hair long and the colour signifies their character. Aurora’s hair being a flaming red means she is a fiercely passionate and strong woman, and although it seems messy and untamed, she (secretly) lets it grow to remind both herself and those around her of her femininity. With burnt amber eyes, pale skin and a deep tone, she has had many men after her since her coming of age at 13, though none of that nonsense seems to even faze her. She has a tall, slender physique that people often mistake for a gentle one... Wrongly.

The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears 2q853s5

Skills (Magic or Firearms or Melee): Aurora’s has a brilliant, yet brutish skill with a melee weapon, particularly a hammer. She was given a hand-crafted hammer for her twenty-first birthday, one which was made to her unique specifications. The wise old blacksmith told her that the adamas it was made from was of a mythical descent, not that Aurora believed this.
The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears Fjq3qh

Brief Backstory: Aurora was born to Alcinder and Carina in the town of Mare Marinas. Firstborn to the couple, Alcinder initially was disappointed when Carina birthed a girl – so you can imagine his delight when she bore three more daughters. However upset he was, he never showed it and he loved his girls dearly. But despite their mother’s wishes and pleas and teachings, two of girls followed in the footsteps of the sons he never had. The second oldest became a fine blacksmith, the other a war scholar. The youngest, Katiana, loved all things girly and became a seamstress...
And yet, Aurora longed for something more. Always she was at the tavern, listening to the old fishermen’s tales of war and treasures. Instead of sewing, she was swinging whatever ‘weapon’ she could get her hands on until one day, a retired solider saw what skills she possessed and trained her in the art of melee weaponry. Aurora quickly developed a reputation as both a skilled fighter and ferocious female, often involved in bar fights and returning home late at night, pockets near bursting with bets won.

However, on the night of her twenty-second birthday, Aurora’s parents informed her that it was fair time she found a husband and began a family. Mortified at the idea, Aurora had planned to escape this life of stale rites but as she snuck away from her family home, bags packed, a strange feeling overcame her and she slipped into the darkness...

Only to awake to strange smells, sounds and surroundings and a voice beckoning her...

[SHE IS A GOOD GIRL.]

Other: When enraged, Aurora is blind to all reason and will often barge into dangerous situations without thinking of the repercussions. Also being the eldest of four girls, she can be rather... protective. And bitchy.

Last edited by lovelyzombie on Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:25 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears   The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 6:28 am

Intriguing! I'll reserve a character or two, myself. Will get them up after I'm home from vacation.
Back to top Go down
lovelyzombie

lovelyzombie

PostSubject: Re: The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears   The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 8:47 am

Name: Theresa or “the Blind Seeress”

Age: Unknown although thought to be at least 100 years old.

Appearance: Theresa appearance on the surface seems to be that of an eccentric fortune teller, with coins and gold weaved through her maroon robe. A hood shadows her face and for the most part she wears a silk strip across her eyes. With a pale complexion, eerily calm manner and her hands clasped before her, Theresa embodies mystery.
The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears 23rq2dg

Skills (Magic or Firearms or Melee): Theresa has exceptionally strong Will abilities as well as being able to see into the future. Seeing as how she is a timeless wanderer, Theresa has incredible wisdom and knowledge.

Brief Backstory: Theresa’s history is one of sorrow and tragedy. Having had her entire family murdered when she was young and being left for dead in the forest after having her eyes cut out, she has long since wandered the lands giving help to those who need it most, including the Hero of Bowerstone. Much of her past in shrouded in mystery and although many know of the “the Blind Seeress” no-one really knows who or why she is the way she is.
Back to top Go down
rcox1995

rcox1995

PostSubject: Re: The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears   The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 3:52 pm

I'll reserve a character for now, but with school about to start for me, it may be just a bit.
Back to top Go down
zukoscrazyfangirl

zukoscrazyfangirl

PostSubject: Re: The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears   The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 7:11 pm

I'm going to make a character this evening. I love Fable <3
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears   The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 12:49 am

Name: Jayren Fortescu
Appearance: A man of average height with long dark hair, Jayren is paler than most people and somewhat feminine looking. His eyes are red and he wears long robes that are dark in color, and though not apparent on sight his body is skinny, making him look quite weak when disrobing.
The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears Fegcart03 (He doesn't have that mark on his forehead)
Skills (Magic or Firearms/Bows or Melee): Dark Magic is his specialty, which includes shadow manipulation, curses, corruption, necromancy and the like, but he knows other basic spells that any mage worth his salt can perform: your basic fireball, stone armor, ice spray, lightning bolt, glyphs for defense or enhancing others, but is unable to heal at all.
Brief Backstory: Jayren comes from a long line of witches, people, usually women, who isolated themselves in the wilderness for being practitioners of dark magic and unaccepted by society. They still got visitors on a regular basis, desperate folk who were willing to 'resort' to dark magic in order to do or get something. Jayren, being a boy, was allowed by his mother to learn magic, but is not a witch himself, because only women can be.

Having no reason to stay at home where his sister would take over for their mother in witchcraft, Jayren became a nomad of sorts, having learned what he could of dark magic. He knows much but has little experience, and so has much room for improvement. On a night like any other Jayren was camping out in a secluded area and when he awoke he was disoriented, burning smells in the air and a voice he didn't recognize calling to him.
Good or Bad: Bad
Other: Jayren is not a friendly person and will always make the choice to be alone, even if it's detrimental to him.

I'll complete this later.

Finished!

Last edited by Sarcastic Master on Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zukoscrazyfangirl

zukoscrazyfangirl

PostSubject: Re: The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears   The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 10:07 am

Character Signup: zukoscrazyfangirl

Name: Elisha Stone

Appearance: Elisha has short, messy White-Blonde hair that comes down just below his
ears. He generally wears light armor on his upper body, and a pair of leather hunting boots that his father gave him. He doesn't care much for physical appearances, and wears generally whatever is cheap and allows him a good range of movement.

Skills (Magic or Firearms/Bows or Melee): Firearms/Bows

Brief Backstory: Elisha had a fairly uneventful childhood. He didn't get along well with other children, and preferred to keep to himself. He always had a habit of climbing into odd, high up places, and perching there.

When he became old enough to work, he became a village guard, and learned to shoot out of necessity. It became apparent, though, that he did have a talent for it. Just like when he was a child, he took to perching on the village walls, ledges, railings, and pretty much anything else that would hold his weight.

Elisha still has a lot of trouble working with others, and he can be stubborn and sometimes arrogant. When it counts though, he won't let anybody he is working with get hurt, as long as he can help it. He also knows when to leave somebody behind, and he will if he thinks they will put the rest of the team in danger by staying behind

Good or Bad: Good

Other:
Back to top Go down
Shadow Moonseye

Shadow Moonseye

PostSubject: Re: The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears   The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 7:38 pm

Well, guess I'll officially reserve my spot. I'll hopefully get a character up soon
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-moonseye.deviantart.com/
dylan56

dylan56

PostSubject: Re: The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears   The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 10:25 pm

I like, I like! All of you with your wonderful characters are accepted.. except you lovelyzombie. You can stay behind... I KID I KID. I really wanna start asap so if those of you who are cfeating characters can get your rears into gear that would be orgasmic.
Back to top Go down
Shadow Moonseye

Shadow Moonseye

PostSubject: Re: The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears   The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 3:36 am

Name: Alette Salo
Appearance: Alette is a slender woman with a sort of predatory grace about her. Her body is ornamented with all manner of tattoos, piercings, and jewelry. She prefers to clothe herself in light weight, yet durable fabrics and has a weakness for silk. Her dark hair is held back from her face with a silk bandanna and her hazel eyes are bright and seem to always be laughing at some private joke.
Skills: Melee
Brief Backstory: Alette was born to a fisherman and his wife in a small port that despite its size saw plenty of traffic. Growing up she saw enchanted with the sea and dreamed of a life greater than the one she was sure to have if she followed in her parents footsteps. When she was old enough she stalked the taverns to listen to the uproarious tales of the rowdy men and women of fortune. It wasn’t long before she managed to get herself signed onto a crew. On the ship she hit her stride and found her true passion in pirating. She spent years on a crew happily earning her keep.

One night she was enjoying a stay at port with her shipmates, doing the usual--drinking and fighting and sex. It was well into the early hours when she finally retired. Upon awaking she noticed everything was different and a strange voice called her name…
Good or Bad: Decidedly chaotic.
Other: She’s loud and brash and above all, self serving. She’ll sink to any low if it suits her wants and needs.
Back to top Go down
dylan56

dylan56

PostSubject: Re: The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears   The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 9:39 pm

Ok everyone, I'm going to start this RP VERY VERY soon... I think I've allowed enough time for all peeps to create their characters!! Get ready!
Back to top Go down
dylan56

dylan56

PostSubject: Re: The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears   The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 6:07 am

A cool breeze brushes across your face... You've been asleep for a while now, you know that much, but for how long isn't clear... The wafting aroma of burning bark is strong in the air and you brush the sweat of your brow. Your eyesight adjusts and you see that you're in a makeshift tent... but you're not the only one. From your tent you can see at least another four tents. There is a fire in the middle of them all and a strange woman stands around the fire calling yours and others name... You move groggily out into the open and see before you an overwhelming and dark forest... Nothing like you've ever seen before. You sit around the fire and watch as others hesitantly do the same... You don't know why, but you're compelled to stay and listen to the mysterious woman before you.

"You are probably wondering why you are here.." she says calmly, almost as if she's known you for a long time.
"Some people are born great and other achieve greatness" she continues...
"You are the rare hero who falls into both categories my friend... You are the hero who is born great and who will do great things for this land"...

You don't understand any of this... the woman takes turns at talking deliberately to you and everyone else...

"My Name is Theresea - The Blind Seeress" she says. You've heard of her before... A fabled woman about Albion, however few encounter her, and especially none from where you come from.

You survey the others to gauge what their responses are... as you look at each one you can see the unmistakably traits of people who come from your home land.. You know none of them personally but you know they know same lands as you... You are all lost together... but why?

The woman begins to talk again... the fire glows strong and illuminates the pines around your camp...

"For four generation these lands have suffered a terrible price that befell them because of one witch's folly... But now is the time when you must come forth and restore good to these lands... I foresaw a future where you and the others around you rid this forest of the great evil that sits deep within in... I ask you to stand side by side and help stop all that plagues these lands..."

The woman stops and waits for you to make the next move...
Back to top Go down
dylan56

dylan56

PostSubject: Re: The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears   The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 6:21 am

Sammus awoke and coughed roughly.. His nose was filled the distinct aroma of burning bark. It was night out, and he had been lying in this makeshift tent for god knows how long... Sammus looked up and out and saw the glow of a campfire illuminating other tents surrounding it...

"So i'm not the only one" he mumble to himself.

That's when he heard his name being called. Sammus looked out and saw a mysterious woman standing at the campfire, she was calling his and other peoples names and gesturing for them to sit around the fire. Sammus was confused, but still groggy and felt compelled to sit and listen to the woman...

The woman introduced herself and talked for some time... Thersea was her name... The Blind Seeress. Sammus had heard stories about her... A great lady that roamed Albion... Her motives were never clear, but she was neither good or evil from what he had learned.

As Sammus listened he wasn't sure what to make of it... She called him and the others heroes. People who she chose, and foresaw to change the fate of Albion... Sammus wasn't sure how though... He recognised the people around him as coming from the East Mountains and the East Plains... But he didn't know the personally... He knew though, that they must have been just as surprised as he was to be beyond the mountains and in, what he guessed was the fabled Forest of Lacrimis... No one from the East mountains and Plains had set foot in the west for nearly four generations.. they had been protected form the evil that had swallowed the rest of Albion... and now here he was and these others... being told they were going to change the fate of the world...

Sammus heaved a deep breath and stood, "My name is Sammus, of Mountains Gate Village..." he paused, "I do not know if I believe this woman, but I do believe in fate" he said calmly" he continued "but I do know that at the very least we're not getting out of here alone... I think at least we listen to what Theresea has to say to us...".

Sammus sat back down... It was very forward of him to talk like that, and rather unusual... But he wasn't comfortable being in the forest of Lacrimis, let alone trying to get out on his own... So he sat back down and waited for someone else to talk.
Back to top Go down
zukoscrazyfangirl

zukoscrazyfangirl

PostSubject: Re: The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears   The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 8:16 am

Elisha slowly roused from his deep sleep as heard a woman call his name. It was unusual for anybody to call for him, especially at this hour of the night. Almost immediately he caught the unmistakable scent of burning wood. The man sat up and saw that he was in a tent, and as he climbed out of it, he could see there were more of them in a circle around the large fire, standing by which was the woman who had called him.

Elisha took his seat by the fire, one knee curled up under his chin as he watched the orange flames lap at the air, staring into the embers until the strange woman began to speak. She said they were all.... heroes. It took all of his restraint not to snort with laughter. Shortly after, though, a tall, stoic-looking man stood and spoke his piece, pointing out that Theresa was probably their only chance of getting back to where they belonged.

He sighed, and remained quiet. Oh, he had his opinions, but he knew that there was no need to share them with these strangers. Instead he chose to be silent, his cold blue-grey eyes darting between the people gathered around the fire, trying to pick out what their strengths and weaknesses might be, just trying to get a taste for those around him.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears   The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 4:21 pm

Jayren awakened from his slumber in a groggy state, as if the world was muffled. It was only the smell of burning bark and a voice he could manage to sense, aside from the ground he was laying on, and after taking a few moments to clear his head, he recognized he was in a tent, and outside it were other tents and a fire in the middle of them. And then there was the source of the voice, a woman who he could feel some strange energies running through.

Though the more logical part of his brain told him to go, Jayren decided to take his seat among the others here, if for no other reason than to learn what he was doing here. The woman spoke, and you were not surprised to learn this was Theresa- the Blind Seeress, even Jayren's isolated family of witches knew of her, and they respected her abilities. She continued speaking, and Jayren felt an uncomfortable twitch when she mentioned a witch had done something here, it could have been an ancestor or another witch family's doing.

A solemn looking guy stood up after the Seeress was finished and supported their cooperation as a means of getting out of here. Jayren was not in doubt that should they work together they could accomplish the goal set before them, Theresa was not often wrong from what he had heard of her, but she had failed to establish a reason he should want to do this. He remained silent as well, waiting to see if anybody else had something to say.
Back to top Go down
Shadow Moonseye

Shadow Moonseye

PostSubject: Re: The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears   The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 9:55 pm

“I don’t know about the silent trio over there…” Alette drawled from her place in the shadows of the circle, gesturing. The fire light caught the edge of the blade she used to gesture, the razor edge glinting dangerously. “But mister stoic has a point.” She cast a glance over the small group gathered before her eyes landed on Theresa. The so called blind seer. Even out at sea there were tales of her. “Even if he’s wrong about fate, traveling alone is beyond foolish.”

She crossed her arms and the blade disappeared. “You’re wrong though, woman. While I am great, I’m no hero.” She turned her head and spat to the side, though her eyes never left the blind seer. “This thrice damned world can save itself. Why should I help it when its done nothing to help me?” Her tone was reasonable enough, friendly even. “Heroes too often wind up dead for my tastes.”

She could leave at anytime, she reasoned, but for the moment curiosity held her in place. Would the woman prove to be the true Theresa? The pirate couldn’t help but wonder what she’d have to say. If she’d even answer the questions posed. Her eyes flicked over those who had yet to speak. If anyone else even bothers to question…
Back to top Go down
zukoscrazyfangirl

zukoscrazyfangirl

PostSubject: Re: The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears   The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 10:13 pm

Elisha looked over to Alette, and nodded. "I would have to agree. While helping others may seem appealing, I would much rather not risk my own being on the grounds of fate. I am no hero." He said If they were to get home alive, though, they would have to work together, like it or not.

"But, I would really like to get back to my village, and so if the only way to do so is to follow this 'fate' you speak of, I suppose I will." He told her. The archer couldn't deny that he was curious about this Theresa woman. Everybody had heard of The Blind Seeress at some point or another. If she was who she said she was, then very few people had ever gotten this chance to meet her.
Back to top Go down
lovelyzombie

lovelyzombie

PostSubject: Re: The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears   The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 5:21 am

Aurora had been awake for some time, listening to the unfamiliar voices around her, inhaling the strong aroma of burning foliage. She was pretending to sleep, trying to make sense of the nonsense this mysterious woman was babbling on about. Aurora had heard of the Blind Seeress, of course, but only in tales told around a fire or at a tavern by drunk seamen.

Obviously, she wasn't the only one that was skeptical of Theresa's idea of their fates and yet, something in the back of Aurora's mind was curious, almost believing of her words. Aurora couldn't work out if it was her mind, thinking that this could be a way to escape from betrothal or if deep in her subconscious, she found truths in Theresa's lyrical words. Both were interesting, though the first was far more important to Aurora. Some of other voices wished to return home and found this to be a way to get back, however Aurora saw this as an opportunity to never return, even if she had to play along for a while, and then slip away from the group.

After a minute more listening to the fire hiss and crackle, Aurora stood and pushed her chest outwards, curving her back, stretching. She then moved silently into the group, looking into the dancing flames before speaking.

"Well, Theresa, you are a well known woman amongst us and if the stories of you are accurate, then perhaps you are telling the truth about us." Aurora said, in a tone that didn't sound so believing, "however, judging by the looks of this group, as we are right now, i don't think we can be classed as Heroes." After all, this might be the most strangest group of people I have been in since the Fall Festival at the Tavern Aurora smirked inwardly.

She waited for a moment, flicking her eyes across the strangers before her before sighing.

"So, now what?"
Back to top Go down
dylan56

dylan56

PostSubject: Re: The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears   The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 8:04 am

Sammus stood back up... "You people need more faith" he said disbelievingly. "Theresa the SEERESS is before us. She is telling us of out futures... Which can't be more accurate from anyone except her" he began irritated, "We are miles from out home land, which we all coincidently come from.." he knew this for sure now.. Only people from the east mountains would be filled with so much skepticism.

Sammus stood stern, "I believe Theresa.. She is a woman of truth." he began his rallying speech, "We all know the legends of the great evil that consumes the lands.. We all know how lucky we've been to avoid it in, and beyond the east mountains.. It only makes sense that the people who are meant to stop it come from the east mountains.. people who are instilled with strength, who are strong, who haven't suffered the evil that infects Albion." Sammus continue on, "Maybe you're not the conventional hero.. maybe you do not perceive yourself as good... But you can't deny the importance that your families, your homes, YOUR LIVES are in danger and we are the only ones who can stop it."

Sammus puffed out his chest, and raised his upwards... "You are now in the Forest of Lacrimis... the The Forest of Tear". Sammus heaved heavily.. He had always believed deep within himself that he was meant for more than some arranged marriage.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears   The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 2:30 pm

"I believe her," Jayren spoke for the first time. He had nothing to live for and nowhere to go back to, but the young warlock had not yet decided whether or not he wanted to be part of this destined group. He didn't care much what happened to anyone else if the 'evil' was allowed to spread, and even if it spread to his family they could probably protect themselves.

"No doubt together we could do what she's said we can do." His eyes raised up to look at Theresa, and continued, "I refuse to take part, though." He didn't say anything else to justify or explain, nor look around to see how the others would react, but kept his gaze on Theresa, hers was the only opinion that mattered now.
Back to top Go down
lovelyzombie

lovelyzombie

PostSubject: Re: The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears   The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:58 am

Theresa stood emotionless as the Heroes awoke and said their piece. Most individuals she had helped through the journey of becoming a Hero were skeptical in the beginning. She had expected this from them, the chapter and verse she just spoke was the truth but to simple ones from the mountains, it seemed unbelievable.

Theresa waited a moment as silence fell upon the group before she spoke again, her deep, lyrical tone breaking the quiet.

"Whether you believe in me or my words or not, is irrelevant. The way through the Lacrimis is filled with dangers, some common, many not native to this world. Without one another, you will surely perish."

The fire seemed to glow stronger as Theresa spoke, and the noises of the forest - the cracks of twigs and calls of insects seem to have fallen into dead air.

"Somewhere within yourselves, and whether you can access those depths, you know what I tell of you is true. Whether or not you discover this mid-battle or in your wildest of dreams, you will understand soon what it means to be Heroes and the path that your true Destiny has carved for you, from you." Her milky eyes passed across the group, veiled beneath a strip of adorned silk.

"However, for now, if you wish to leave the Forest of Tears, the path lays before you" Theresa unclasps her hands and in a sweeping gesture of her arm, the dirt path behind them lights up in a pale ethereal glow. "you seek a man, almost as old as many of these trees, he will have the knowledge you need to find the evil which blocks your path out of the Forest."

"Be cautious though Heroes, for many dangers lurk within the Lacrimis, many awaiting those to stumble blindly, alone, along it's many paths."

A small smile broke across her lips. "Everyone needs a hero, every hero needs another." And with that Theresa stepped into the shadows and for the moment, she was no more.
Back to top Go down
dylan56

dylan56

PostSubject: Re: The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears   The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 8:16 am

Sammus stared back at the group, his eyes blazing with fear, empowerment, hope and the unsettling worry of possible loss. But he stood firm in his stance and pulled his bow out and held it high above him. "I choose to be a hero of good. I will fight for this country, for these lands, and for my home!" he paused and looked at each of the heroes before him.

"Let us work together and weave a destiny that breathes life for us and the future" he put his bow back over his shoulder and moved past the others and onto the path before them, following its ethereal glow. He turned his head slightly to the side as he walked forward, "You don't have to like me, or each other, but you have been chosen for something greater than you could have ever imagined..." and Sammus marched forward to his destiny.
Back to top Go down
zukoscrazyfangirl

zukoscrazyfangirl

PostSubject: Re: The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears   The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 9:52 am

"Whether or not I believe that I can be a hero..." Elisha said. "I do believe that I am willing to work together to at least get home. Should we need to fight together along the way, so be it." He decided. Theresa's sudden disappearance was puzzling to say the least, and he found himself doubting that this could all be coincidence or something of that nature. Still, he remained firm in the belief that he was not a hero. Perhaps that would change over time.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears   The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 4:19 am

Jayren toyed with the idea of going with this group, but found not real motivation to do so. He had nowhere to go back to, and this part of the forest seemed safe enough, he might be able to survive in this place, where Theresa had brought them. He was also confident in his ability to keep himself protected, should anything come around to threaten him.

The thought of a destiny and a purpose was enticing, he had to admit, but heroics really didn't appeal to him and moreover it sounded dangerous. He wasn't interested in seeking out a life-threatening adventure to save people, especially when he didn't believe people were worth saving in the first place. He didn't move and instead stared at the ground thinking about everything while the chatty bow guy made yet another mini-speech and began to leave.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears   The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Fable of the Lost Heroes - The Forest of Tears
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next