New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Abeiya

The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123)   The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 11:46 pm

Fioro mustered a reassuring smile for his brother. "Of course, Upton. Everything will be fine here. Take care of your family."

---

Ginevra leaned over and kissed him softly for a moment, tracing her index finger lightly under his chin. "Well," she murmured, "What were the grounds of the offense? Who was the family member involved?"

---

Phoenix glanced at Ulric and could sense his discomfort. And she understood it, remembering what he had told her about his previous dealings with treatment for NV.

Her focus shifted back to the woman, as she accepted her bags. "Ma'am, you look pale.."

"I'm sick, dear."

"Do you..." she brought out her false sense of secrecy and her artificial sympathy, "Do you need treatment? I can get you some..."
Back to top Go down
ConfusedShipper123

ConfusedShipper123

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123)   The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 11:34 pm

((What did we call the illness again? v.v'?))

"Yes?" the man replied, in a voice that matched his exhausted appearance.

"You seem very tired, sir."

"I am. I really should go home, so if you'll pardon me now..."

"I... I just heard that the illness has become very violent. It seemed... you might need... to obtain treatment somehow."

"How did you know about my family?"

"I realize you haven't been entirely open with the community, but there is a great need here and I... I can meet it."

"Are you offering...?"

"Sir, the price may seem high now, but I guarantee you, it will be worth it. You do not have to pay in full just yet."

He hated every second of his time here, the deception he needed to portray to pursue this dishonest trade. The bias by which the family saw the Pentemia.The longer he spent down here, the darker, the narrower his vision of Noia became.

"I... I need some time, young man. Just give me a few days to consider this_"

"Sir, in a few days, you never know what might happen..."

"I have to keep our apartment from falling apart, keep my children from drinking out of the canals, I can't impulsively_"

"It's treatment, sir. If anyone in your family is ill... this might ensure their survival."

"...might?"

"Sir. It's unbelievable, what it can do. Give it a chance. Everyone is at risk."

"I... I understand, young man, but I cannot simply..."

"Think about it. I'll... I'll meet you back here tomorrow. At the same time."

"...alright. Tomorrow then."

"Yes, tomorrow."
---

(willfinishsoonsorryfortrolling)
Back to top Go down
http://www.procrastinator-writer.blogspot.com/
Abeiya

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123)   The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 9:36 am

((Native Virus. Also, IT'S ALIIIIVEEEE.))

"I don't make deals with people like you. I know what you're up to," the woman said, her dark eyes boring holes into Phoenix's face. "I think it would be better if you just left."

"But Ma'am, I--"

"Please, Miss, I'm very ill. Don't distress an old woman with this kind of danger. Those people are dangerous. I cannot get involved."

"Ma'am, please. This is the only way that I can feed my family. And you're so sick... You'll die, Ma'am. You'll die without it. I need your help and you need mine. Don't let us starve." She could feel her voice lean toward pleading. It felt wrong. She swallowed a lump in her throat. "Please."
Back to top Go down
ConfusedShipper123

ConfusedShipper123

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123)   The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 10:46 pm

"Another... rather arrogant young man. The crime was mutiny," Aurelius replied, his tone still serious, but his pattern of breathing indicated his distraction. Or, rather, narrowing of focus. The woman certainly knew how to capture his attention. There were always matters to discuss, important decisions to make, conclusions to draw.

But as such things began to press further upon him, he never failed to recognize other personal matters. And Ginevra never failed to capture his attention.
---
Ulric went from one pedestrian to the next, growing number with each conversation. Gradually, he began to notice the eyes upon him as he spoke; every actor was in the family. Every actor was attentive; assessing him, and Callan, and every other new member to join Stamatia's sector.

Even so, the reality felt like stones tied around his ankles. The world they represented drove his approach, however ineffective. Yet they could not lose this chance...
Back to top Go down
Abeiya

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123)   The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 4:40 pm

Ginevra allowed an ambient smile to permeate her features. It tugged the corners of her lips up and the corners of her eyes down and out, cracking her complexion with faint lines curving from the corners of her nose to the corners of her mouth. Always soft. She took a moment to admire her husband's features before giving him an answer. They were dark and strong. Masculine. She had grown to love them all those years ago, even though he married her while she was very young. She was still very young, but she allowed herself to mature quickly for him. It was in her nature to protect her pride.

Other people were quick to judge. Aurelius' circle was quick to judge. She was too young, they said. The women were more vicious than the men. The men were at least amused by her presence initially, captured by her innocuous charm and taken with her fascination with their world. The women spat backhanded compliments at her. They judged her youth, judged her marriage to this much older man. She had to prove herself to them, not their husbands. She had to learn to speak, read, write, understand, plan, and deceive. In the end she knew that she did not want their approval. She wanted to force them to respect her. Fear her. She was far stronger than she looked. Not to be trifled with.

"Mm, I see. Will he have a trial, or will he be taken care of quietly?"

---
Phoenix wasn't sure what they wanted from her anymore. This method was so slow and she was quickly becoming impatient with the whole ordeal. What did Stamatia want to see? Did she want to see if they could talk the talk and quietly coerce others into buying? Did she want to see force?

Force was a method that somehow hadn't yet crossed her mind. All of the people in the room were probably dangerous. How was she going to pull it off? Could she communicate with Ulric to force a more daunting actor into agreement? It sounded entertaining at least.

"You think about it, OK?" she said to the woman, before leaving. She weaved trying to locate her partner and not look suspicious while doing it.
Back to top Go down
ConfusedShipper123

ConfusedShipper123

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123)   The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 10:57 pm

"In this situation, I believe the latter may be preferred."

Aurelius was growing concerned about the lack of loyalty in the lower ranks and newer members of the Umbran family. There had been so many betrayals lately; it sullied the reputation of every member. And Aurelius would have it no more. He had several businesses to run; Umbra was in a very unique and powerful position at this time, and he would not permit such loose commitments during this critical time. This was an empire he had built. He needed men who would die defending it, not turn away from it in a moment of weakness or fear or selfish indulgence.

Even so, there would always be men who needed the family more than they could ever need them.
---
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123)   The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123) - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123)
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8