New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Academy for SITs

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

The Academy for SITs - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Academy for SITs   The Academy for SITs - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 12:35 am

"I almost lost you," Harley said, looking down. "You're the most important thing in the world to me, and you were gone! I can't just let that happen again." Her eyes formed a glare and though it wasn't directed at Danielle, anyone not wise to the conversation could surely mistake it. "The AI couldn't stop it, it could only try to repair the damage. I want to prevent anything else from happening."
Back to top Go down
ConfusedShipper123

ConfusedShipper123

PostSubject: Re: The Academy for SITs   The Academy for SITs - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 10:23 am

Sylvain walked along the halls after training, his hair dripping from the shower he'd just taken. How could this be? The AI had never glitched like this. Everything had been minor until that moment. Dani had almost been... lost. Truly lost. An unsettling feeling had begun to simmer within him, bubbling up like a gradually boiling pot of water. He wanted to push it down, wanted to shut off the stove of his mind in order to go about the life he'd known for years.

But it was overwhelmingly there. Doubt. Distrust. The safety of himself and the other students slowly being stolen away. Who was their enemy?

No, Sylvain... it'll be alright. It was just a glitch. It will be corrected... it will.

Everything, even the deceptively clean hallways, the food served at their lunches, the feeling of his bed and sheets, the weapons in his hands, the simulations in the combat rooms, seemed just as unreal as his waking from death the days before. Everything seemed to sit a little bit wrong, shifted just enough to question it. Even though he knew they were not in the "real world", he'd never had that sense so prominently just going about his day. He was a training soldier, awaiting a war. A war in a world that was apparently so different from this one. How would they really survive? Was losing Dani a training technique?

No...

He kept trying to deny it, the wrongness. The unreality. But it had been exposed to him and he couldn't un-see it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.procrastinator-writer.blogspot.com/
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: The Academy for SITs   The Academy for SITs - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 9:24 pm

Dani sighed. "But is there anything we can really do about it? We're pretty much stuck here until the Alliance Brass decides we're ready for field combat, and while we can do a lot of things in here, I imagine fighting computer viruses isn't on that list."
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: The Academy for SITs   The Academy for SITs - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 11:53 pm

"There has to be something I can do, I'm one of the best coders around," Harley argued, determined to eliminate the source of the problem.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: The Academy for SITs   The Academy for SITs - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 8:33 pm

"You are correct about that fact, Miss Harleen Ardent. You are indeed one of the best coders within this matrix." The voice of the AI stated, as a physical representation of the AI itself appeared in their room.

The form that the AI chose to greet the Sisters was of a large, robotic-looking eye, with a red dot at its center. The eye stared directly at Harley.

"That is why I have a proposition for you."
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: The Academy for SITs   The Academy for SITs - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 11:47 pm

"Let me hear it," Harley replied without hesitation. She might have been unnerved by the AI's chosen form if she hadn't been pumped on her determination and frustration, now she only saw it as a means of achieving her goals.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: The Academy for SITs   The Academy for SITs - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 12:22 pm

"I am faced with a minor...problem. I've determined the source of the glitch from the last night's simulation. The glitch relates to a new area within my system that I was not previously aware of. It seems several years worth of system errors and glitches have gathered together in one location within my mainframe. I was able to contain them before, but now...it is difficult to do so. That is why I may require your help." the AI explained, its Eye Avatar staring deep into Harley.

"Help from others within the system would go a long way to fixing this problem for the long term, and in exchange for such help, I would be most....grateful." It added, "Though it would be very risky for such individuals to help. I could not gurantee your safety."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Academy for SITs   The Academy for SITs - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Academy for SITs
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6