New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

We Need More Life

Go down 
+5
lovelyzombie
un_kn_ow_n1
zukoscrazyfangirl
Casey Jewels
Sarcastic Master
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

We Need More Life Empty
PostSubject: We Need More Life   We Need More Life I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 1:08 am

We've got to find some more people to rp, because at the rate this is going, we're going to lose everyone. I know some people still check things out, but no one is doing anything. We've got to get more people from ASN, maybe branch out to other places as well. Otherwise there won't be much point in keeping the site going.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

We Need More Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need More Life   We Need More Life I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 1:28 am

Yeah, I was just thinking about that earlier today. We don't seem to have enough active people, and things have grown kind of stagnant... I really would hate for this place to die out.

Part of it has been me, as I haven't been very active lately, but I think that I just needed to recharge a little, and now I'm itching to RP. Not that any RPs are really going at the moment...

My laptop is in the process of being fixed, and it's taking longer than I thought it would... Without it, I don't have very much computer/Internet access, so I can't do much at the moment. I can brainstorm, though, and see if I can't think up a new RP or two and see if those drum up some interest, as well as think up something to draw more people here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/215440
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

We Need More Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need More Life   We Need More Life I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 1:30 am

The way I see it, we can't really do any advertising on ASN. The mods are a bit too strict, and we couldn't really do anything to grab a lot of attention at once. But it's the only thing I can think of, because we're not going to get things renewed with just the few of us who frequent.

And it's no more your fault than mine or any other members'. We've all been falling away, not doing enough to try to keep things going.

Maybe this should be moved to a public forum so we can get more ideas from the other people who get on?
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

We Need More Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need More Life   We Need More Life I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 1:36 am

Yeah, it is difficult to advertise on ASN, other than just being active there with a link in your sig. I have the link, but I'm not very active there anymore. But I agree, our numbers have dropped quite a bit to really keep things as active as they have been in the past.

I know that it's not just my fault, but I still feel bad... I hate to let people down.

And I agree. The more members who see this, the more chance we have of spreading the word to new people.
Back to top Go down
zukoscrazyfangirl

zukoscrazyfangirl

We Need More Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need More Life   We Need More Life I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 8:33 am

I agree. I check the forums every day for activity, and nobody has been active in weeks. I really love this website and have never found anything like it anywhere else, I don't want to see this die
Back to top Go down
un_kn_ow_n1

We Need More Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need More Life   We Need More Life I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 2:36 pm

Well I just joined today and I will tell you rite off the bat, not being able to post links for 7 days is a serious turn off. As a matter a fact it has made me feel like coming here was a complete and total waste of my time. You should design the website to be atleast moderatly user friendly. Not sure what you have going on here. Facebook is a smarter place to be than here.

Honestly I am about to log out, and I will tell you rite now I will not even remember this website exists by tomarrow. Dont have a reason to.

Double-post merged-Sarcastic Master
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

We Need More Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need More Life   We Need More Life I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 6:00 pm

unknown1, what was your objective when you came here? New Worlds needs more people to be active in roleplays, that is what this site is for. What it sounds like to me is that you wanted to post links to other places and not contribute anything here. And you need to give examples of how this place isn't user friendly instead of just saying it is. Unless that was directed solely at your inability to post links, at which I should say it is a privilege to be able to do that, and other new members right off the bat abused it by just linking and disappearing.

And your tone is not appreciated. If you do not find your time to be utilized wisely here, then leave, but don't complain about it. Either give us something we can use and be helpful or please just leave. As much as we need new members, we don't need bad attitudes like the one your currently employing.

Also, we do not allow double posts on this forum, if you have more to contribute before anyone posts after you, edit your post.
Back to top Go down
lovelyzombie

lovelyzombie

We Need More Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need More Life   We Need More Life I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 8:30 am

guys, guys.

i know some people like myself are DESPERATE to rpg still and it would be brilliant if we could get the word out that a place like this exists, like on the big old web. maybe a facebook post could help? or something like that?

we need to get on the roaring forums (general, fandom etc) and post that this site exists.

please lettuce not let this die! i miss RP'ing so much it hurtsss.
Back to top Go down
ConfusedShipper123

ConfusedShipper123

We Need More Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need More Life   We Need More Life I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 12:23 am

Alright, it seems we have a legitimate problem here. Who wants to get together and create something that nearly every active member would like to participate in and could promote to other online RPing buddies?
Back to top Go down
http://www.procrastinator-writer.blogspot.com/
rcox1995

rcox1995

We Need More Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need More Life   We Need More Life I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 3:48 pm

ConfusedShipper123 wrote:
Alright, it seems we have a legitimate problem here. Who wants to get together and create something that nearly every active member would like to participate in and could promote to other online RPing buddies?

I like the sound of this, but this seriously depends on something that we would all want to do.
Back to top Go down
dylan56

dylan56

We Need More Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need More Life   We Need More Life I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 6:33 pm

Look, I know i'm going to sound bitter about this... and to a degree, I am. But i am actually not as concerned about my own rp's as I am for this forum... I know that I am somewhat contradictory in what i'm about to say, but it needs to be said and we need to fix this problem...

THIS FORUM IS GOING TO DIE UNLESS YOU DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

I've made two RP's since coming back, and Lovelyzombie made one... Hers took off, (Probably because there was only three of us in it.. but that's besides the point.) One of mine got, what I perceive for this forum, was a lot of interest, but you guys just gave up.

I know that we all have commitments, and other factors in your lives that prevent you from constantly getting online, and I can completely understand and actually be fine with it, if you decide after joining that my RP was actually crap. BUT, my point is that no one actually seems to care about this forum unless its the collab. board, which is fine, but honestly that board is severely niché.

What this forum needs is commitment, publicity (through whatever means) and consistency... I often see people online who are a part of my RP or others, and never actually post... And I apologise if I offend anyone, but I honestly can't see how this board will survive if that's the mentality people take towards it...

EVERYONE Who is a regular at the moment needs to, as much as possible, get their rear into gear and start some publicity generating.... I'm going to post in other forums I frequent as well as link it any sig I have. I'm trying to contact other RPers that I've met along the way and get this forum breathing again. You need to do the same.

Talking about making another RP that suites everyone is all well and good, but we actually need the people here first so it can run.

Ok, i've finished my soap box rant now, and you all probably think I am an internet Nazi... SO to that I apologise if I've offended and also say aufweidersehen.
Back to top Go down
http://my.heart.is.my.second.stomach
Shadow Moonseye

Shadow Moonseye

We Need More Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need More Life   We Need More Life I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 7:25 pm

I think that part of the problem here is that the forum feels very enclosed. Like a little fortress of people who know each other that hold off against the outside world. Plus, with the concept of the RP graveyard, it makes this place look even deader than it is.

(AND DYLAN I'M SORRY ABOUT THE FABLE RP. MY IDEAS FOR IT JUST DIED. Sad AND you're not an internet nazi. I love you man, you're awesome!)

Then there's the fact that we have a chat-box but no one on here uses it ever. It seems like people just wait for someone to randomly go in, then they'll jump in to. Then the issue becomes that people don't know how to talk. The conversations never make it past the pleasantries.

Plus, no one ever uses the Off-topic threads anymore.

One of my friends says he'd join this place except for the fact that he feels like no one would welcome him. He feels like he'd be outcasted for his approach to writing and things in general.

That's my two cents for now I guess. If I think of other things, I'll let you all know.

Back to top Go down
http://shadow-moonseye.deviantart.com/
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

We Need More Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need More Life   We Need More Life I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 7:42 pm

Well we had a bigger group of more diverse people, but the lot of them all set sail, including almost all of the original mods. We're all relics here mostly, no offense.

As for the chat box, we could try topics, each day a new topic could be designated for discussion, and we could see how that goes.

I think we're mostly dead though because, except for RPs, everyone can go to ASN and use their threads and get more participation/diversity. People there but not here are reluctant to join because they don't think they can spare the time to be a part of this forum, or don't know if they'd like rp'ing or would be good at it. Some may just not want to.
Back to top Go down
Shadow Moonseye

Shadow Moonseye

We Need More Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need More Life   We Need More Life I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 7:59 pm

Honestly, I think we need to let go of ASN. ASN is a specialty site that caters toward one fandom. This site should not be catered towards one fandom. If anything it should be catered towards a love of writing. There is a MASSIVE and I mean MASSIVE amount of people out there who love rping--whether writing is just a hobby for them or if its something they take very seriously. If we really tried, this place could become a nice middle ground between the crazy active rp forums like roleplayerguild.com and super tiny just a group of friends forums. We all have friends online. So why not start with them? Spread this by word of mouth and maybe on other forums in site promoting threads.

If we don't have enough active mods on here, find more. Talk with people, figure out who would be good candidates, etc.

And I don't think chat topics will fix the chat-box. I think people just need to actually get in there and converse. Whether said conversations are silly real-time rps or serious discussions or light hearted banter. We just need to talk.

We only become relics if we let ourselves. I honestly feel like an outsider here because I've been gone for so long now that I don't know you people anymore. I know who you were, not who you are now. And I feel like every time I try to talk to anyone to learn more about them or just have a freakin' honest conversation, everyone shuts down or runs out of things to say and then doesn't try to find a new thing to talk about.
Back to top Go down
dylan56

dylan56

We Need More Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need More Life   We Need More Life I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 8:26 pm

I agree with Shadow... It's been ages since i've rp'd and same with Georgie... and she was so excited when she found this place, and I was reluctant to come back somewhat because of the fact that people have VERY specific ideals and likes of RP's...

This forum has fallen into, for lack of better words, "RP snobbery"... There are only three kinds of genre's for this forum, and then the special collab. thread... Which is used probably ten times more than the other threads which comes back to my point earlier that it's very niché and there is nothing wrong when you write RP's with other people that are specifically meant just for two or three people... but no one seems to make any real effort to create RP's...

We NEED publicity... Massive... And I agree with Shadow again, we need to move away from ASn focus... if we can get some of its members to RP, great, but we can't rely on it's members to automatically want to RP just because it used to have a decent RP thread...

This site needs an overhaul, whether it's getting/adding new mods I don't know.. but we need to work together and actually get people here.
Back to top Go down
Shadow Moonseye

Shadow Moonseye

We Need More Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need More Life   We Need More Life I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 8:31 pm

See, that "RP snobbery" is exactly how my friend feels about this site and why he's so reluctant to join. Its also the reason why I've been reluctant to try and create some rps.

I agree with you, Dylan. Wholeheartedly.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

We Need More Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need More Life   We Need More Life I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 8:39 pm

It's easy to come back and say these things, but you gotta realize, some of us have been here the whole time, or at least a longer time, trying constantly to revive this place and do new RPs. We just haven't been successful in such a long time, so of course the few that work are the tried and true formulas, because they're the only ones that work, especially since the new members and a lot of the old ones just leave without participating much. The Collabs are popular because there are so few of us here but the groups can at least be sure they'll get some posts in them.

We can add new mods as we grow but the way things are now we don't need more people patrolling this place, we need participation. Please advertise the heck out of this site.
Back to top Go down
Shadow Moonseye

Shadow Moonseye

We Need More Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need More Life   We Need More Life I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 8:52 pm

I've ghosted this place since I left, so I've watched it decline. Plus I've been witness to a larger site that didn't welcome new members and thus turned into RP snobbery as well. So, yeah its easy to come back here with fresh eyes and see what's going on and reason why this is dying. The "tried and true" formulas work because people don't want to try anything new.

Honestly it just feels like everyone gave up. And if that's the case, then why should we bother trying to save this place and help it reach its true potential?

And until people really try to get active here, advertising won't do shit. I'll advertise this place to people I know--but be aware that these people are used to writing mature work--not PG13 stuff. This isn't ASN where there are a bunch of kids, so there's no need for this phobia of making worlds, plots, and characters that are mature or dark or deal with real issues. There's no eight year old kids on here so there's no reason why we have to write to the ATLA age group. Instead, we can write to the age of things like LotR, Dragonlance, Pern, The Legend of Drizz't, the later books of harry potter even!
Back to top Go down
dylan56

dylan56

We Need More Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need More Life   We Need More Life I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 9:03 pm

Tried and true is fine in my books. I dont see a problem with it, but, and I apologise if it seems like I attacking New Worlds, it's not how I want to come across.. But it's like I said before... Collab works because its people doing what they want without caring about other RPers which would be fine if this website was just a collab RP style forum... but it's not.

People need to start making RP's.. and those that join need to commit. That's where it's falling apart... This small community here won't branch out, like Shadow said, and I won't lie or pretend like I was committed for the past few years, because I wasn't... I wasn't because people did what they're doing now...

In the past few weeks this forum has a decent amount of activity, which really isn't good by most other forum's standards. So my point is what I said originally and also what Shadow is saying now...

We ALL have to be more inclusive with each other and start to put the word out that this is a site that caters to all and not just those who want to work with one or two people....
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

We Need More Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need More Life   We Need More Life I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 9:47 pm

Skimming through what's been said recently...

I do agree that we have niches. Maybe more RP boards need to be created. That doesn't necessarily create more RPs and activity, but maybe if somebody sees we have, say, a Sci-Fi board, they will be more likely to stay, because there's something that interests them, and that could help generate more RPs in those genres.

I had more thoughts, but they disappeared... I'll add more later if they come back to me.

But if we need more genre boards, I don't see any reason why we can't add them.
Back to top Go down
Shadow Moonseye

Shadow Moonseye

We Need More Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need More Life   We Need More Life I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 9:51 pm

More genre specific boards are what's needed. Its the lack of activity in general. People need to spread out from their little groups.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

We Need More Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need More Life   We Need More Life I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We Need More Life
Page 1 of 1