New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

(100 PAGES!)+Anima: Seeds-screenplay (by internet addict, Nightmare13, and ConfusedShipper123)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ConfusedShipper123

ConfusedShipper123

(100 PAGES!)+Anima: Seeds-screenplay (by internet addict, Nightmare13, and ConfusedShipper123) Empty
PostSubject: (100 PAGES!)+Anima: Seeds-screenplay (by internet addict, Nightmare13, and ConfusedShipper123)   (100 PAGES!)+Anima: Seeds-screenplay (by internet addict, Nightmare13, and ConfusedShipper123) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 7:29 pm

((Based on a spinoff of +Anima the Roleplay by Nightmare13 that internet addict and I started doing because we're addicts. I apologize for the references you might not understand. D:))

Script Frenzy- ConfusedShipper123

Script Frenzy- Internet Addict

Script Frenzy- Nightmare13 (he's writing something else for Script Frenzy, but he's still working with us on the +Anima project)

Monday was excruciating. Nothing was allowed to change, however. She showed up early, as usual, but instead of going to the med science lab, she headed for her history classroom. The teacher willingly let her inside, and headed off to the teacher meeting that was to go on that morning. One she knew that Mr. Blake would not attend. Now Amanda silently cursed the unlocked door. He would find her, she was sure.

There was a knock on the door. The knock of a 28-year-old man, not the gentle knock of the senior class's history teacher, Ms. Nelson.

"Amanda," he said, entering without an answer. She struggled to ignore him. She would not fear him.

"I'm sorry," he said, his mantra since the incident at the police station on Saturday.

She continued to do her homework. He stood there.

Amanda released a breath, and finally decided to speak.

"Just because I covered for you on Saturday doesn't mean I forgive you," she said, her voice hoarse, but firm.

"Amanda_"

"Get out. I don't... I don't need this right now."

"Just listen for one second..."

She stood, lifting up her books and started for the door. He moved in her way, and pulled out his keys. He somehow had this room's key, and he locked the door. She tried to push past him. He knocked the books from her hands onto the floor, and grabbed her hands. She looked away, but didn't struggle from him.

"Look at me," he said. Amanda refused.

"Look at me," he repeated, stronger, taking her face in his hands, making her face him; forcefully, but nothing like Friday.

She stared into his eyes.

"You hurt me," she whispered.

"I didn't want to, I wasn't trying to. Please, Amanda, don't do this to me."

His arms came around her.

"Let me go."

"I love you, Amanda."

"Let me go!" she shouted now. One hand went over he mouth, the other remaining on her waist.

"Don't do this, Amanda," he whispered. His voice was pathetic. He was pathetic. She knew what power she had now. How she could destroy him.

She pulled back.

"You don't want to do this. I love you."

She gathered her books from the floor.

"Please."

He stared at her with pleading dark eyes. Blue, almost black.

She was only a good tutor because she had a good teacher. He'd cared. She knew that he had. But there was always something, something more that he wanted. That she had secretly desired as well. Amanda never, ever did anything wrong, until that day. The day her and Damien became something more than just teacher and student, more than even friends.

"I was only trying to protect you."

"Yeah, that was all. I'm entirely sure. It was a school dance. And you could have waited. You didn't have to pull me out. I didn't need you then!"

"You were heading straight for the fight, Amanda! And we had plans."

"So what? I changed my mind! You're sick, you know that? After all that was going on, and that was all you could think about. You disgust me."

"Amanda_"

She cut him off again.

"No. I said I changed my mind I said no. You know what I could do to you."

"Saturday_"

"...Means nothing now. Nothing. I was stupid. I don't know why I did that. I still can't understand it, but it's over now. It's over."

"Amanda, I'm sorry, I just..."

The shouts and gossip and sound of high school life began to fill the hallways.

She had class with him first hour. He stood there again, silent. Hating herself, she reached into his pocket and pulled out the keys, unlocking the door and releasing herself into the hallway. She dropped the keys in a garbage can as she headed for the exit.

Amanda doesn't return until after school. Even though she knows she is going to have to face Mr. Blake again, but she isn't going to ditch Carter again, like the last time. Especially not after all he's done for her.

Carter is sitting in the classroom alone, deserted. He actually looks as though as he is doing his work, surprisingly. She starts for the door of the room when she feels a hand on her shoulder, turning her around.

"Nice of you to show up again. I'm surprised cops didn't come storming in during the middle of my classes," he says, voice low and sardoinc.

"I did some extra work at the hospital," she replies, matter-of-factly. "They still need help out there, you know."

Both hands grip her shoulders now. "You wouldn't have stopped a full-blown gang fight."

"Don't act like you didn't get me out just to use me. It was never more than that."

"Amanda, you know that's not true."

"You don't know what truth is, Mr. Blake," she says, coldly; she hadn't called him this outside of class since... since forever. She pushes past him and enters the classroom.

She helps Carter with his homework, just like usual, but she knows, and she could tell he knows, something has changed between them. Mr. Blake keeps a watchful eye, yet neither acknowledges his presence.

The hour was coming to a close, and most of Carter's assignments have been completed and corrected.

"Now I know how much you love taking rides from me, but we both know your house is a little ways from the school. So... do you want a ride?" she says, very deliberately.

"Sure," Carter replies, that smug look she used to hate arriving on his face. Damien sets down the book he was fake-reading for cover and glares at them. She lifts her bag off the floor and watches as Carter packs and lifts his own.

As they walks to the door, Mr. Blake stands, charging toward the couple.

"Why are you doing this, Amanda?" he says, latching onto her shoulder again.

"Don't touch her," says Carter, his eyes turning threatening. She shrugs him off.

"C'mon, Carter." she urges, turning the knob on the door.

"Amanda, it doesn't have to end like this..."

"Can't you see she apparently doesn't like you anymore? Why don't you just leave her alone?"

"Carter_" Amanda starts.

"You don't get it, kid. Stay out of this," said Mr. Blake, taking a step toward Amanda.

"Oh, I get it. And I know what you did."

He takes a step forward.

Amanda glances out at the parking lot.

Two familiar vehicles sit outside, the only escape.

"Don't mess with me, ginger-boy. You don't know what you're dealing with."

"I know exactly what I'm dealing with."

Carter's fist collides with Mr. Blakes' face again, in the same spot as he'd hit on Friday. Amanda tries to step between them, but it is no use.

Damien is an ex-Crusader, a fact only Amanda knows. He hadn't forgotten how to fight like they did. The Altar-Boys, he had been in. He had been in the gang years before Jade, back when lynching +Anima was not a rare tragedy, but a weekend event. He wasn't as strong as he used to be, he'd said. And he hadn't needed to fight for over ten years. But he absolutely had not forgotten the fierce ways of the gang.

She couldn't step between them again. Each one, despite his gaining injuries, fought with surprisingly equal force and strategy. She tried again to get between them, but this time, she was shoved away. She can't tell who did it, and she lands on the floor. She stands up. This has to end. She knows neither would refuse to give up until the other could not fight anymore.

"Stop!" she shouts. They knock each other to the floor now.

"Stop it! I'll call the police!"

Carter nails Damien in the gut.

Amanda comes down to their level, trying to pull the freshman from the man. Damien hits him in the face, reflexively. Each is growing worse in his condition. And with Carter's previous injuries...

She goes to the other side, trying to pull off Mr. Blake now. It doesn't work. His fists dig into Carter's chest, his stomach, repeatedly. Her hands tug on his shirt, in futility. No use. Carter was weakening... he was giving in. His responses to each blow grow halting.

"Stop," she pleads now.

He doesn't stop.

"I hate you," she whispers. He stops punching. Carter lays still, breathing ragged.

"I hate you!" Amanda shouts now, voice high as her eyes brim again. Mr. Blake breathes heavily, having also taken hard hits as well. No matter. She slaps him across the face, and all he can do is stare at her.

Last edited by ConfusedShipper123 on Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:04 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.procrastinator-writer.blogspot.com/
ConfusedShipper123

ConfusedShipper123

(100 PAGES!)+Anima: Seeds-screenplay (by internet addict, Nightmare13, and ConfusedShipper123) Empty
PostSubject: Re: (100 PAGES!)+Anima: Seeds-screenplay (by internet addict, Nightmare13, and ConfusedShipper123)   (100 PAGES!)+Anima: Seeds-screenplay (by internet addict, Nightmare13, and ConfusedShipper123) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 10:07 am

((Everything written from Kyrine and Carter's perspective, for future reference, is written by internet addict. We will be turning this into a screenplay script in April for Script Frenzy. ^^' The edited, less confusing, version will be most likely posted elsewhere.))

Aidan sees Kyrine's neighborhood, and avoids it, like he promised. He wonders if she's truly forgiven him. He thinks about all the friends he's lost in these past few days. Once again, his mind wanders. More storms are being predicted by the weatherman. Not that he's ever right, but the weather has been rather wet and gloomy lately...

As if on cue, thunder cracks again.

Kyrine, who has been staring out her bedroom window, desperately looking for Aidan, hears the thunder. She jumps slightly, but reminds herself that she's home. Suddenly, she begins looking out her window more earnestly. Is Aidan out there? She turns away from the window quickly, contemplating whether or not she should trust him to be home or not.

Aidan stares at the sky, and silently thanks God for the returning storm. Faith has not come to mind lately. It doesn't seem to be of use anymore... it doesn't seem like there is much of a purpose in his life but to screw up. He starts for that hill again, praying for a huge storm. What else is there now? His parents, they don't know anything. They live in the years before Aaron's death, another fault of Aidan's. This, this would only make things easier for them.

Amanda calls an ambulance from her science teacher's telephone. Mr. Blake is sitting up now, but he does not speak. Part of her likes it that way. Something inside of her likes to see him hurt now, and she despises this part of her. After she knows someone is coming to rescue them, she kneels down by Carter. He hasn't awakened yet, hasn't responded yet... but he's still breathing. She holds back tears.

Kyrine walks between her discarded jacket and window several times before picking up the jacket. She walks to her bedroom door and listens. The sound of her parents watching a sports game fills the air. She turns back to her window and silently opens it. The sound of the storm is so much louder now, but she has to do something. Kyrine slips out of her window, crawls unsteadily across her roof, and jumps down to the ground. It hurts, but she quickly gets up and runs off to find Aidan.

Aidan is growing closer, and closer to the hill. It's one right before the one where Geoffrey the Beast was laid to rest. Maybe he should visit it once, to apologize. He continues toward the hill, and as the rain begins to pour, the winds begin to blow, and the thunder pounds louder... he feels a strange adrenaline. He begins to run, like his life depends on it. Which it does. Lightning becomes visible, bright, and warm. A strange euphoria comes with this running, this adrenaline. This is it. Soon, he's halfway up the hill, fighting the mud, and this time, winning.

Kyrine runs through the stormy, pounding rain, going by instinct. She runs through her neighborhood, past Crusader and Beast houses. Past normal houses that have no gang affiliation. She runs toward the hill that Aidan battled so many days before. It's hard to see through the rain, but Kyrine thinks she sees a figure running up the hill. She pushes herself faster.

Aidan can't tell that there's somebody behind him, and he finds he doesn't care. His illogical feelings of adrenaline carry him forward, carry him upward. Finally, he reaches the top of the hill. There are several ways he can go. The hill is not steep enough to simply jump from. But it's high enough for bad lightning to come down upon, he hopes. And if he lays down, and lets the rain drown him... he stands, undecided for a moment. He isn't sure what to do, what makes the best sense. And his actions are now catching up to him. He decides to lie down, and hope for more lightning. There are brilliant flashes of blue behind his shut eyelids. This, this was the right spot. He prays it comes quickly. I'm sorry, he thinks to God. He has a tug at his heart, knowing his thoughts are wrong... but he cannot stop himself now. He lays there as though he cannot get up and change his mind. There is no other choice.

Kyrine sees the figure stand for just a moment, then lie down. Her heartbeat quickens. This must be Aidan. Screw the Beasts right now. Crusaders are people, too. She starts to run faster, forcing her legs to move faster, faster. Finally she reaches the top of the hill where lightning strikes dangerously close. The sky is so black for a moment that Kyrine can't see, and she trips over something, falling down. When she looks over, she sees Aidan, the object that she tripped over.

Aidan notices when something suddenly falls over him. He opens his eyes, and sees Kyrine. She was behind him the whole time, wasn't she. "Go," he whispers, in the storm.

Kyrine is just about to answer when lightning strikes, not three feet from them.She grabs Aidan's arm, terrified.

Aidan pulls back with her, but still doesn't hold the kind of shock and terror she has. "Go, Kyrine. Please," he says, his voice low and almost emotionless. Another bolt of lightning strikes dangerously near them, and he pushes her farther out of the way. "I'm sorry."

"No!" Kyrine grabs his arm, dragging him out of the way. She starts pulling him to where the lightning just struck, a firm believer in 'lightning never strikes the same place twice.' "I'm not letting you die out here!" She holds onto him, hugging him tightly to herself.

Aidan closes his eyes, trembling, shaking his head. He feels tears run down his face, though they are hidden by the rain, as he's pulled close to Kyrine. He doesn't want her here; she'll get hurt. But he can't move away from her now. He doesn't think he can move, though he knows he can. "P-Please," he begs. "P-Please don't stay here... a-and get hurt..." he whispers.

"I- I'm not leaving you," she whispers, feeling him tremble against her. She can feel herself trembling as well. If she can just convince him to come with her, then she'll leave him alone for the rest of forever.... Maybe. "Aidan, you have so much to live for," she says, now almost yelling above the thunder.

Aidan shakes his head. He couldn't agree less. But he doesn't want her to get hurt... he feels some of his logic returning; if he just goes with her this once, he can go home, knowing she's safe and sound. And he can do... what he needs to do. Shaking and crying, he nods, though he doesn't believe it. "O-Okay," he whispers. Slowly, he tries to bring himself off of the ground, clinging to Kyrine. And lightning shoots down, far, far too close.

Thunder roars, and more electricity shoots from the sky.
Back to top Go down
ConfusedShipper123

ConfusedShipper123

PostSubject: Re: (100 PAGES!)+Anima: Seeds-screenplay (by internet addict, Nightmare13, and ConfusedShipper123)   (100 PAGES!)+Anima: Seeds-screenplay (by internet addict, Nightmare13, and ConfusedShipper123) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 4:43 pm

+Anima: Seeds

based on the roleplay +Anima by Nightmare13

based on the manga +Anima by Natsumi Mukai

by

internet addict

and

ConfusedShipper123

EXT. GEOFFREY’S GRAVE ON A HILL – MORNING - EARLY SUNRISE

A YOUNG MAN’S silhouette is seen, facing the small wooden cross beneath a tree, a grave. Looking into his icy blue eyes, there is not mourning, but a passionate desire for destruction.

The shadowy silhouette of a TEENAGE GIRL climbs the hill, following him up. The young man pulls a blade from concealment and faces her.

In the darkness, the girl’s form changes, her fingernails growing long like claws, and feline ears grow from her hair. The two stand and stare for a moment, though they look more like they should get into a fighting position.

EXT. SIDEWALK OUTSIDE CARTER’S HOUSE - NIGHT

The words “Friday night—Humbleton’s First Quarter School Dance” appear upon the screen, and then fade out after a few moments.

CARTER, a teenage boy about 15 or 16, steps out into the driveway, wearing dress pants and a striped dress shirt. He looks like he isn’t too enthusiastic about whatever occasion he’s attending. A GIRL, named Amanda, who looks to be around the same age, but has a car and seems to be a little older than him. She is wearing an ankle-length, elegant strapless navy blue dress, approaches him up the driveway. The two walk toward her car parked on the street. She unlocks her door and slides into the driver’s seat simultaneously with Carter, who enters in on the passenger side.

AMANDA
(buckles her seatbelt)
You clean up nicely.

CARTER
(also buckles his seatbelt)
Yeah, whatever. I’m only
doing this for extra credit.

AMANDA
(puts her keys in the ignition and
starts her car; begins to drive)
Good luck with that.
INT. AIDAN’S HOUSE - NIGHT

MRS. SUMMERS, AIDAN’S mother, takes pictures of her son, around 16, standing in the doorway of his house, wearing dress clothes and a half-hearted smile before he heads off to the dance.

EXT. KYRINE’S HOUSE - NIGHT

KYRINE TAYLOR, wearing a formal green dress, stands on her staircase as her MOTHER takes pictures of her. She looks nervous, but excited as she smiles for her camera and heads to the door.

EXT. SCHOOL PARKING LOT - 10 MINUTES LATER

Amanda parks, and she and Carter step out into the crowded lot. It seems like three quarters of the school has shown up, by the amount of cars there. The pair approaches the entrance of the school, where they are greeted by a TEACHER, MR.DAMIEN BLAKE. He exchanges an oddly meaningful look with Amanda, who nods at him and then continues inside. Carter seems to notice this, but says nothing. They enter the gym and go to the dance floor.

AMANDA
Well, I think it’s time for you to start dancing.

CARTER
Um… I don’t know how to dance…

AMANDA
(laughs)
You don’t know how to dance?

CARTER
No… what’s your point? Apparently you do. You seem to have had a great dance partner…

INT. SCIENCE CLASSROOM, WEDNESDAY – NOON

The words “Wednesday, during lunch,” appear on the screen and fade after a few moments.

Amanda and Mr. Blake dance in the room, chairs and tables shoved against the walls, with music playing faintly from the radio, with Carter watching, unnoticed by the two of them at first, through door’s narrow window. Amanda turns and sees him.

EXT. SCHOOL GYM, DANCE FLOOR - CONTINUOUS

AMANDA
W-well… that’s not important right now. Right now we need to focus on getting your gym grade to… ahem, passing.

INT. SCHOOL GYM, WEDNESDAY - MORNING

The words, “Wednesday, a minute before third hour ends” appear on the screen and fade as the scene begins.

Carter speaks to his gym teacher, who promptly informs him of his failing grade in his class.

GYM TEACHER
Normally I wouldn’t suggest something like this, but given the situation… if you go to the dance and have at least one person tell me that you actually danced there, I’ll raise your grade five percent.

EXT. DANCE FLOOR - CONTINUOUS

CARTER
(glares at Amanda)
Since you seem to have such a great teacher, why don’t you… ugh, I can’t believe I’m saying this, but why don’t you teach me how to dance? Since you’re such an expert and all.

AMANDA
(smirks at him)
Fine. Now, put your hands on my waist.

CARTER
Put them where?

AMANDA
On my waist, you big baby.

CARTER
(grudgingly puts hands on Amanda’s waist)
Like this?

AMANDA
(puts hands on Carter’s shoulders)
Yes. That’s perfect. Now start leading.

CARTER
I didn’t even know where to put my flipping hands! Why do you think I’ll know how to lead?

AMANDA
True, true… Fine. I guess I’ll have to lead.
(starts leading the dance)

Kyrine stands at the opposite end of the room, talking excitedly to some friends. She scans the crowd, as if looking for someone in particular. Aidan, once again, is in a similar situation to hers. Yet, he is distant and distracted, more focused on scanning the crowd than trying to communicate to his “friends”.

A GIRL sits in a chair by the wall, is also looking out at the crowd and trying to find someone. She wears a long-sleeved, formal dress. This is Caresa, and she looks lost in thoughts of a person who is obviously not present with her.

INT. AMBULANCE - SUNDAY MORNING

The words, “Sunday morning” appear on the screen, then fade out.

JADE PIERCE, the leader of the Crusaders in Humbleton, shouts at medical personnel to give Caresa a transfusion from his own blood. We see this through her weakened state, as she lays on a stretcher. There is a sudden pause at the image of her on the stretcher, and blood seeping through her shirt, and the rest of her looking generally injured.

EXT. DANCE FLOOR - CONTINUOUS

In the corner of the room, one Jade Pierce sat, watching every other body in the room, holding onto every detail to every interaction, gathering information on each of the people in the school so he could use it against them.

After a few fast songs, and hip-hop songs, and some suggestive, high-school dancing, a slow song, “Fall for You” by Secondhand Serenade comes on. Couples begin to gather on the floor. As the students pair up, Kyrine and Aidan finally spot each other across the floor. Slowly, they begin to walk toward each other.

INT. SCHOOL HALLWAY – TUESDAY – AFTER 8TH HOUR OF CLASS

Across the screen are the words “Tuesday, after 8th hour” as these moments fade in.

Kyrine is approached by a AZALIA, a girl with dark hair and brown eyes that are more golden than brown. Azalia is the leader of the Beasts, and looks rather threatening for this moment.

AZALIA
Kyrine, you need to get your act together. I saw you hanging out with that Crusader. We don’t need this, Kyrine. Not at all.

INT. DANCE FLOOR - CONTINUOUS

AIDAN
(smiles gently as she approaches him; quietly)
Hey.
KYRINE
(smiling nervously)
Hey.

The two of them begin to move toward each other, until Kyrine has her hands around Aidan’s neck, and his hands on her waist. As they begin to dance, many of the couples and bystanders stop dancing, and stare.

A Crusader and a Beast did not even speak to each other on civil terms in Humbleton, and they absolutely did NOT dance together.

The Crusaders and the Beasts stare at them with absolute disgust, and then the crowd stirs.

A CRUSADER, a guy, pulls Aidan away from her and punches him in the face.

A BEAST GIRL shoves another CRUSADER guy who has gathered in the center of the scene.

BEAST GIRL 1
(shoves Kyrine toward a Crusader, and shouts, as she punches one of them herself)
What the hell do you think you’re doing, Kyrine?

Kyrine ignores the girl’s comment, but starts fighting the CRUSADER she was shoved into, after he takes a swing at her.

Aidan also begins to fight. The guy fighting Kyrine backs away and shoves Aidan toward her.
CRUSADER 1
(fighting another Beast; speaks tauntingly and seriously at the same time)
Who are you fighting for, Aidan?!

Aidan doesn’t respond to his fellow Crusader’s remark. Instead he punches Kyrine hard in the stomach.

They stare at each other for a second before he runs off. Kyrine, too stunned to say anything, stares after him.

She’s brought back into reality when her opponent takes advantage of her distraction and punches her from behind.

She continues her fighting, trying to ignore her injuries.

Amanda and Carter have separated, as Carter is a Crusader, and has joined the fighting. Amanda stands outside the crowd, and makes the decision to try and get him, or at least someone, to stop fighting.

But before she can enter the thick of it, someone pulls her violently from the crowd.

It’s Mr. Blake, and as soon as they’re out of the crowd, his hand grasps hers tightly, and continues to force her out of the school.

AMANDA
What are you doing?! There’s a fight going on in there!

EXT. SCHOOL PARKING LOT – NIGHT - ABOUT 30 SECONDS LATER

Mr. Blake has appeared to have brought Amanda out to the parking lot, and makes a beeline for an obscure spot near the back of the lot.

They arrive at his car, and he opens the door… to the backseat.

MR. BLAKE
You can’t stop that.

AMANDA
(looks rather hesitant and speaks cautiously)
Well, I had to do something…

INT. DANCE FLOOR - MIDDLE OF THE FIGHT - CONTINUOUS

As Carter is fighting, he notices Amanda being pulled out of the gym by their science teacher, Mr. Blake. He punches someone and quickly starts walking toward the doors that Amanda and Mr. Blake had just exited.

He hates himself for leaving the Crusaders during a fight, but there was something about this freaky relationship between Amanda and Mr. Blake that made Carter feel uneasy.

He looks around the lot, hoping to spot them, with no such luck. Feeling even more uneasy than before, Carter starts making his way through the rows of cars in the parking lot.

He is beginning to get desperate when he notices two figures in the backseat of a car. A car that seems to be conveniently parked in the back of the lot, away from most other vehicles.

He carefully steps closer to see who it is, though he has the sinking notion that he knows who’s in there.

The check at the window confirms his suspicion, and whatever’s going on in there, doesn’t seem very desired, by at least one person. In the backseat, is a mess of Amanda and Mr. Blake, and it looks like Amanda is trying to fight him off of her; she is painfully unsuccessful.

He watches in horror for a few seconds, as Amanda, who doesn’t look capable of seeing him at the moment, reaches out and unlocks a door. He knows that this is his cue.

He rushes to the other side of the car, tugs open the door, and pulls Amanda out of the car.

Before they go, he launches his fist as hard as he can in Mr. Blake’s face. After this, he turns back toward Amanda to make sure she’s alright.

He ushers her to her car, having her get into the passenger seat.

CARTER
Are you alright?

Amanda at first does not respond out loud and simply shakes her head. She then buries her face in her hands. As much as she struggles not to, tears stream from her eyes.

AMANDA
(hoarsely)
Let’s get out of here, alright?

Carter nods, taking the keys from her. He starts the car and quickly starts driving away from the school.

The car ride is mostly silent because Carter doesn’t want to pressure Amanda too much. He pulls over and parks in a vacant lot. He turns toward her once more.

CARTER
What… what happened?

INT. SCHOOL GYM - DANCE FLOOR - LATER

THE POLICE arrive and begin to break up the fighting, with ambulances close behind them.

Several of the students, upon hearing the sirens start to run away, Kyrine included. The worst possible thing for a gang member would be to get caught by the police.

She runs out one of the back entrances, trying to keep to the shadows as to remain hidden from the police who were trying to track down everyone at the dance.

EXT. STREETS OF HUMBLETON—NIGHT

Aidan rushes through the streets, his mind traveling to places where he doesn’t want to go.

EXT. A HILL - EARLY SUNDAY MORNING

The words “Sunday Morning, 8:35 AM” appear on the screen.

Aidan is still and silent on the ground as he is holding a dagger covered with blood, and the familiar, pained and shocked face of Caresa is revealed as the one he has stabbed, blood dripping from her stomach, and onto his own shirt.

There is a cross, a grave, and all the fighting around them has ceased.

JADE
(shouts)
Someone call 911!
(looks at Aidan, as if to tell him how too far he’s gone)

EXT. STREETS OF HUMBLETON - LATER

Aidan continues through the streets, heading for a neighborhood a few blocks away, still running though there is no longer a reason to. He suddenly pauses, in the middle of a street.

EXT. STORMY HILL - SUNDAY NIGHT

Lightning is striking all around Aidan, and Kyrine, upon a hill. They are on the ground.

She pulls him out of the way of a bolt, and he looks incredibly numb and morbidly focused.
AIDAN
(in a hollow tone of voice)
Go, Kyrine. Please.

KYRINE
(shouts over the storm)
I’m not going to let you die here!

Another bolt comes shooting down, dangerously close to them again.

We see Aidan see them sliding down the hill after they stand.

EXT. STREETS OF HUMBLETON - LATER

Aidan arrives at a house, and goes around to the side, lifting an unlocked window and launches himself inside as quietly as he can.

INT. AIDAN’S ROOM - NIGHT

Aidan flops down onto his bed, shoes still on, and he stares at the ceiling. He squeezes his eyes shut, as if to hold back tears, and tries to fall asleep.

Last edited by ConfusedShipper123 on Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ConfusedShipper123

ConfusedShipper123

PostSubject: Re: (100 PAGES!)+Anima: Seeds-screenplay (by internet addict, Nightmare13, and ConfusedShipper123)   (100 PAGES!)+Anima: Seeds-screenplay (by internet addict, Nightmare13, and ConfusedShipper123) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 9:42 am

EXT. STREETS OF HUMBLETON – NEAR KYRINE’S HOUSE - LATER

Kyrine is still running through the town, but slower than before. She hasn’t seen any police cars in about fifteen minutes and her injuries are catching up to her. By far, one of the most painful injuries she had received during the fight was the punch Aidan delivered to her stomach.

Looking around, Kyrine sees that she is just outside of her house. No doubt her mother will be freaked out when she walks in, but that’s only to be expected. In a town the size of Humbleton, news can spread quickly, so no doubt all of the parents of dance-attending students know about this.

Kyrine opens the door cautiously, as if not to disturb anyone.

INT. KYRINE’S HOUSE - NIGHT

MRS. TAYLOR
And just what do you think you’re doing, young lady? Do you have any idea how worried your father and I have been?

KYRINE
I… just… I didn’t have a phone to call you.

MRS. TAYLOR
Kyrine! You were in a fight! You’re in one of those gangs, aren’t you? Don’t lie to me, Kyrine!

KYRINE
Fine. I’m in the Beasts, alright? This isn’t the first gang fight I’ve been in, and it certainly won’t be the last.

MRS. TAYLOR
I am going to make sure it’s the last fight you’re in! What happened, Kyrine? You used to be such a happy little girl? And you played with Carter almost ever single day. Now you don’t give him the time of day.

KYRINE
(looks on the verge of hysteria)
Do you want to know why? I’m not very happy because my old best friend hates my guts and he has about half the school on his side! I don’t give Carter the time of day because it would end up in a fight like this one!

MRS. TAYLOR
This is one of the… I just don’t know anymore, Kyrine. Being in a gang isn’t good for you.

KYRINE
Being in this gang has helped me more than you’ll ever know, Mom. With the Beasts, I’ve adjusted better to being a +Anima than I would have otherwise. I’m growing from this; you’re not. You can’t get over what I am!
(storms off to room and slams the door)

INT. AMANDA’S CAR – PARKING LOT – LATER

Amanda shakes her head, still in her hands.

AMANDA
(whispers hoarsely)
J-Just… just drive me home. Please.

Carter looks over at her, concern etched on his face.

AMANDA
(staring at the carpet of her car; whispers, and seems near tears again)
He… he just pulled me out of the school, a-and… w-we got to his car, and… he… he…
(shakes her head, unable to continue; speaks even quieter now)
P-Please… c-can we go home now?

Carter looks out at the town, then back at Amanda for a moment, then nods. He starts the car again, and looks as though he’s going to begin to pull out, when he is interrupted by Amanda.

AMANDA
I’ll… I’ll take it from here. We need to get you home.

CARTER
(shakes head)
I can drive myself home, Amanda. You can drive yourself home after that, but... I just need you to regain composure right now. You're freaking out, and you'll probably get us into an accident. You need this time to calm down.

AMANDA
(shakes her head, pressing her lips together and staring out at the road; still quiet)
Your parents might see you driving… I don’t want to get you in trouble. I can handle it.

CARTER
(keeps shaking head)
I’m not letting you behind this wheel.
(starts driving out of the lot)

Amanda gives in as Carter starts to drive from the lot, silent as she stares out the window, struggling to compose herself. Carter continues to wind through the streets until he arrives back at his home.

EXT. CARTER’S FRONT YARD – LATER

Carter arrives at his house, and cuts the engine to Amanda’s car. He looks over at her another time. Amanda gives him the best attempt at a smile she can muster at the moment, almost pained from the lack of genuineness within it. He still looks concerned. He slowly unbuckles his seatbelt and unlocks his door, watching her the whole time.

AMANDA
I'll be fine. Go on.
Back to top Go down
internet addict

internet addict

PostSubject: Re: (100 PAGES!)+Anima: Seeds-screenplay (by internet addict, Nightmare13, and ConfusedShipper123)   (100 PAGES!)+Anima: Seeds-screenplay (by internet addict, Nightmare13, and ConfusedShipper123) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 11:40 pm

CARTER
(sarcastically)
Yeah, I’m sure.

AMANDA
(stares at the ground, squeezing her eyes shut for a moment)
Just… just go, Carter. Please. I’ll be fine. I promise.

Carter sighs, and takes one last look at her, knowing that she is not fine at all, but knows he has to leave at some point.

CARTER
Alright.

He steps out of the car cautiously, and starts toward his house. He walks in his front door, closing it gently.

Amanda has switched to the driver’s seat, and is gripping the steering wheel tightly. She presses her face to the top of it, tears running down her cheeks again. For a few long moments, she stays and cries, before sticking her keys in the ignition and turning around and driving back to her own home.

EXT. GEOFFREY’S GRAVE ON THE HILL – SUNDAY – 8 AM

The scene has a dreamlike feel about it, all those involved dreaming it. We see Jade standing beneath a (poplar) tree, staring down at a wooden cross at its base.

JADE
So, Geoffrey. How’s your day going? Anniversary of your death. One of ours, too. You know, I really owe you one Geoffrey, though. Now I'm in charge. And you have to admit, that isn't a bad thing for you vermin. I won't kill them. I do plan on putting them through the hell they deserve for cheating the reaper. The world isn't fair, Geoffrey. You died, and you didn't even get justice in the end. Your death should have ended it, the Crusaders should have been shut down, but we live on. You know why? Because everybody is against you Geoffrey. Every last human on the planet with power doesn't give a damn what happens to the dead.
(looks over at the sky, then down the hill; wind blows autumn leaves)

Carter begins sauntering up the hill, smirking, with a look of determination on his face.

JADE
The first has arrived. See that, Geoffrey? Carter is the first of many. We’re here for another brawl, and when somebody is blamed for disturbing the peace, it'll be
your kind, or no blame will be passed at all.
(laughs and turns to Carter)
Morning, Carter! How are you today?! It’s nice to have some living company.
(throws stick at wooden cross)

CARTER
Eh, everything’s the same. I see that you enjoy living company. You don’t have to talk to a dead person anymore. I just wonder how many are going to turn up today?

JADE
You heard that? Well it is the anniversary of his death, he at least deserves a word before put his kind through hell. I hope all of the Crusaders can work around church to get here. Because were going to need them. The Beasts will all be here. Oh, and what are you planning on doing to the +Anima?

CARTER

Always the dramatic aren't you, Jade? All of them better be able to make it. Is it really that hard
not to go to a building where you don’t even know if it's even true? Besides, who needs a ‘higher power’ to tell them that +Anima aren't... right? And I’m not sure what I’ll do about the +Anima yet. I’ll just have to see when it happens.

Aidan approaches the hill, next to the top where Carter and Jade are standing.

CARTER
(turns toward Aidan approaching)
Hey, Aidan. You ready for the fight today?

AIDAN
(nods)
Yeah, I’m ready.

Other Crusaders, male and female begin to gather by the grave and beneath the tree.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mystorygetstold.blogspot.com
internet addict

internet addict

PostSubject: Re: (100 PAGES!)+Anima: Seeds-screenplay (by internet addict, Nightmare13, and ConfusedShipper123)   (100 PAGES!)+Anima: Seeds-screenplay (by internet addict, Nightmare13, and ConfusedShipper123) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 11:40 pm

EXT. FOOT OF GEOFFREY’S GRAVE’S HILL - DAY

The dreamish feel remains.

Just on the other side, at the food of the hill, another group is gathering. It’s the Beasts.

The first to arrive is Zoe, who stares up at the hill seriously, before turning the ones gathered around her.

ZOE
(appears to survey the group gathered around her)
Good to see you all here. Remember what day it is. This is the anniversary of Geoffrey, our former leader’s, death.
(looks somberly at the hill, and realizes that the Crusaders have beat them there; a small smirk is upon her face now)
Now, are you all ready for the fight? The Crusaders are going to be brutal, so I want you all to be prepared.

AERO
(nods and looks around the
group)
I’m still in.

KYRINE
Me too. Let’s do this.

CARESA
(looks nervous and troubled; unprepared; she is a new recruit)
Y-Yeah. I’m ready, too.

ZOE
Alright. Well, it seems we’ll probably want to pick one person to fight, so we don’t get too overwhelmed.

The group looked around at each other briefly before Kyrine spoke up, having seen the troubled look on Caresa’s face.

KYRINE
(looks over at Caresa, then back at the hill)
I’ll take Aidan.

CARESA
I’ll… I’ll take Carter then.

ZOE
(nods)
I’ll fight Jade.
(looks over at the other members)

A chorus of claims is made by the group. About 16 others have joined. They discuss plans for the fight and bounce back ideas with Zoe.

EXT. GEOFFREY’S GRAVE ON THE HILL - LATER

Many of the Crusaders eye the +Anima who are at the foot of the hill. Aidan stares down at Caresa, looking shocked and shaken.

AIDAN
(murmurs)
No…

Carter eyes Kyrine, a former friend of his, but then hears Aidan.

CARTER
Something wrong?

JADE
(twistedly smirking; sadistically teasing tone)
Yes, Aidan, whatever could be wrong? Ooh, let me answer! That's Carsea, his old girlfriend. Now she's a +Anima, and Aidan hates her.
(looks over at Aidan)
Maybe our little Aidan doesn't hate her as much as I assume.

AIDAN
(mutters)
She’s not my girlfriend…

JADE
Seems like it was more than a little crush. How does it feel, to know she’s one of those vermin, that she’s in the Beasts? Watching her so close then coming to realize that she’s your enemy?
(tone turns serious)
I hope there are no thoughts of disloyalty.

AIDAN
N-No… no, never, Jade. I… I hate the +Anima, I always have!

JADE
Sub-par performance, Aidan. Hm… today your opponent will be Carlasa, or Carseat, or whatever your ol’ Juliet’s name is. If
this organization means anything to you, you will leave Caresa
battered, and bruised, and you'll do it with a smile just like me.

Aidan nods, but still looks incredibly torn. He appears to have a battle within himself. His fists tighten as he tries to prepare himself, though his eyes tell that he’s unsure.

JADE
Save your energy Romeo, you’re going to need it to beat the crap out of Juliet.

There are 15 Crusaders standing around, as Jade jests Aidan, most of them with their attention on the verbal tension between them. One Crusader, HARRY, begins to approach, many minutes later than the rest of them.

JADE
You’re late.

HARRY
But I’m here, Jade. And I’m ready to kill s_

Jade pulls the boy up with his shirt, pulling out a knife and slashing his cheek.
JADE
Harry, you know the rules. You are no longer under Dunavan, nor are you the Altar Boys, which means we are not murderers. Right, Harry?

HARRY
Y-Yes, sir.

JADE
(pulls Harry up by the hair)
Don’t be so formal. Call me Jade.
(drops him and kicks him in the side, hard)

Harry promptly falls to the ground, with a howl in pain.

JADE
(begins to face the rest of the crowd; calls to Carter behind him)
Carter! Start patching this one up, I’m going to finish assigning targets.

With this, the Beasts begin to arrive on the top of the hill.

ZOE
(nods to all of the Beasts as if to make sure they’re ready for this)
I hope everybody is ready for this. If you aren’t, you might want to leave now. Not everybody will make it through this.

The Crusaders are watching as Zoe talks to the Beasts before the Beasts begin advancing once more.

JADE
(appears to be watching with interest; then points to Zoe)
You see that girl? Well, she’s mine! And I’m going to put her through hell!
(many Crusaders erupt in cheers)
Oh, and Carter! It appears that Harry will be taking your spot.

CARTER
(glares)
I don’t need some little kid to fight for me. I’m ready for this, d*mn*t!

JADE
Well, you didn’t seem to eager to fight Kyrine. But if you really want to exterminate some vermin, then you can fight Aero, the resident monkey boy. However, fail to win this, and you will pay the price.

The Beasts are almost to the tree by this point, but Zoe stops them once more.

ZOE
Don’t start fighting immediately. I want to see how long these guy will last before they snap.
(slowly unfolds wings, glaring at the Crusaders)

Jade and several other Crusaders looked slightly awed at Zoe’s wings, but Jade covers it the fastest, taking his wrath out on Harry. He shouts a few orders around the group.

The Beasts are now standing mere feet from the Crusaders, and Zoe is the first to speak.

ZOE
Well look here, the Crusaders have come to ruin the day once more. Why don’t you be more creative than attacking on a day of loss?
(her eyes turn colder than they were previously)
Now get out of the way.

JADE
Lovely to see you, too, Zoe.
(claps hands together with fake enthusiasm; sarcasm is easy to detect)
Now, now, Geoffrey was a loss to us as much as he was to you. We only come to atone for the sins of our patrons, not to stand in anyone’s way.

ZOE
Then get out of our way, *ss-hole.

With hardly any time to blink, Zoe uses her wings to force herself forward, lunging at Jade. Her leg snapped out in an attempt to knock him down, however, Jade used his fencing foil to block her attack. The rest of the Beasts and Crusaders seem to take this as a cue to start fighting, and they attack.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mystorygetstold.blogspot.com
ConfusedShipper123

ConfusedShipper123

PostSubject: Re: (100 PAGES!)+Anima: Seeds-screenplay (by internet addict, Nightmare13, and ConfusedShipper123)   (100 PAGES!)+Anima: Seeds-screenplay (by internet addict, Nightmare13, and ConfusedShipper123) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 7:39 am

((Leah, don't forget to uncensor the swearing in your post.))

With hardly any time to blink, Zoe uses her wings to force herself forward, lunging at Jade.

The rest of the Beasts and Crusaders seem to take this as a cue to start fighting, and they attack.

Her leg snaps out in an attempt to knock him down, however, Jade dodges and slashes her leg only enough to draw blood and distract her.

JADE
I said person, not vermin.

ZOE
(catches herself on the ground, making a sweeping motion in an attempt to make him fall again; speaks under her breath)
You’re the vermin. You deserve to rot in the pits of the underworld.

Crusaders and Beasts fight passionately around them, though some are less into it than others. Someone pushes their opponent down the hill.

JADE
(jumps backward to dodge Zoe’s kick; forward foot is hit by hers)
I thought a leader would act a little more civilized, a little more intelligent. Plus, you cheated your way out of the underworld.
(lands kneeling on one knee, catching self with left hand and then proceeds to put his blade next to a dazed Caresa’s neck)
Now I can slit this girl’s throat or we could act a little more civilized.

Caresa is caught extremely off guard, having been watching the fight as if she’d never seen one before. Aidan stands a small distance away, wide-eyed and torn once again.

ZOE
Don’t you dare touch her!
(lunges for Caresa, shoving her out of Jade’s way; stands inches from her, blocking his path)
You wouldn’t want to be a murderer, would you, Jadey-poo? You and your sissy gang here would be in jail for the rest of your pathetic lives.

Aidan pulls a switchblade from his pocket, staring at it for a moment, before eyeing Caresa, who is now on the ground, gasping for breath. She stands again, slowly, facing him, still looking shocked from Jade’s attack.

JADE
(swiftly lunges at Zoe with his blade, slashing deeply, but not enough to be vital, along the line of one of her ribs)
And I have no intention of murder. Spilling blood along the way doesn't matter to me.

Zoe appears to feel the hit this time, and stares at her chest for a moment as blood seeps down her shirt.

Zoe focuses for a second before snapping out her leg, to knock the weapon from his hand.

Aidan suddenly lunges at Caresa, knocking her to the ground. He slips his knife back into his pants pocket and punches her, only half-heartedly, in the stomach and chest.

Caresa’s face is full of betrayal and pain, and it takes her a few moments to respond to Aidan’s blows.

She punches him back, first in the face, his arms, his chest, somehow managing to get him back.

She fights him off of her and begins to stand once more.

CARESA
(whispers, anger in her eyes)
How, Aidan?
(launches her fist back, aiming toward his chest)

Aidan uses his full strength now, grabbing her wrist and launching her to the ground.

Caresa falls, cringing and attempts to kick his Achilles’ and bring him down with her. She fails to do so.

Aidan draws his blade. He aims it toward her, and Caresa attempts to block it away, cutting her hand in the process.

Aidan stares at the blade wide-eyed for a moment, before dropping it. Caresa is distracted by her bloody palm and he punches her hard in the ribs, to which she falls backward. On the ground, she reaches for Aidan’s fallen blade and stands shakily.

Caresa starts toward him with the blade. Aidan steps backward a few paces, but then steps forward, trying to knock the weapon from her hand. Instead, she slashes him in the arm. The two equally look shocked, but Aidan’s wears off and he kicks her in the knee, making her buckle again.

As she falls, she slashes his arm again, dangerously close to his wrist.

She grips the blade tightly for a moment, staring up at Aidan, before letting go. He snatches it from her.

Suddenly, Caresa is standing again, punching Aidan rapidly in the gut. He slashes at her shoulder, and she gasps in pain. She aims a punch for his jaw with her other fist.

Aidan holds his aching face, taking a few steps back for a moment. Incensed, he lunges for her again.

JADE
Getting a bit woozy? You never learn, do you?
Back to top Go down
ConfusedShipper123

ConfusedShipper123

PostSubject: Re: (100 PAGES!)+Anima: Seeds-screenplay (by internet addict, Nightmare13, and ConfusedShipper123)   (100 PAGES!)+Anima: Seeds-screenplay (by internet addict, Nightmare13, and ConfusedShipper123) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 4:44 pm

(slides his blade along her leg)

Zoe’s foot collides with his arm and slams it against the tree.

Jade delivers a blow with the force she shoved into him, toward her.

Carter's eyes narrow as Kyrine comes closer. He takes a deep breath and launches himself at her, sending her tumbling to the ground.

He punches her in the gut of couple of times before she manages to kick him away from her.

Kyrine slaps Carter when he advances on her again. She is beginning to panic a little. She wipes her brow, and next thing she knows Carter attacks.

Carter has been waiting for Kyrine to lose her focus and takes his chance when she wipes her brow. He lunges at her again, tackling her to the ground.

He punches her gut a few more times, before he gasps.

Kyrine is transforming into her +Anima form right before his eyes. Her head is gone... replaced by a snake's head. He turns away, sickened. That is when Kyrine takes her chance; she stretches her head up and bites his shoulder, hearing him gasp in pain.

Carter tries to shake her off, but her teeth are firmly in
his shoulder and he can’t get her teeth out. Small tears
come to his eyes from the pain. Finally he shoves her away. He glances down at the blood that is trickling from his shoulder, but ignores it and lunges again.

Aidan pins Caresa to the ground and punches her repeatedly in the places that he’d already hit. At this moment, she changes into her feline form—her ears into cat’s ears and her fingernails into long claws.

Caresa scratches him, in the face, on his already-bleeding arm, and makes an attempt to slip out from under him. Aidan picks up his blade, and stands, staring at her wide-eyed, his blade tightly gripped in his hand.

As Aidan makes his way toward her with the blade, aiming for her chest, she feebly claws his arm once more, forcing his knife into her stomach rather than her chest.

Aidan quickly pulls the blade out. Caresa’s breathing hitches, and she stares at him, her eyes wide in shock.

CARESA
(whispers)
Why?
(falls forward into Aidan’s arms, struggling to remain conscious)
Back to top Go down
ConfusedShipper123

ConfusedShipper123

PostSubject: Re: (100 PAGES!)+Anima: Seeds-screenplay (by internet addict, Nightmare13, and ConfusedShipper123)   (100 PAGES!)+Anima: Seeds-screenplay (by internet addict, Nightmare13, and ConfusedShipper123) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 7:43 am

Jade puts his foot under his blade and kicks it up, so it lands in his hand—his right arm which had been once pinned against the tree.

JADE
Unfortunately, that wasn’t even my good arm.
(sickly smiles, before noticing Aidan and Caresa in the corner of his eye; expression turns into frown)
Zoe! Call off the Beasts!

ZOE
(snarls)
Why should we, Jade? You have what’s coming for you now_
(looks behind her at Aidan and Caresa; whispers)
Damn.

JADE
(shakes his phone out of pocket with right arm and shouts)
Call an ambulance!
(runs toward Aidan; shoves him aside, taking Caresa from him)
Drop the knife, Aidan! I don’t need anyone else’s blood on my gang’s hands.

Aidan lets go of his knife, unable to tear his eyes away from the sight of Caresa. Jade holds her close to the ground as he tears off his dress shirt, and begins tending to her wounds.

JADE
Stupid vermin! When somebody says call an ambulance, it means call an ambulance! I’ll carry the rat as far as I can go.
(scoops up Caresa and begins to carry her down the hill, passing other injured Beasts and Crusaders on the way down)

EXT. STREET BELOW HILL – LATE MORNING

The Beasts and Crusaders begin to scatter from the hill after the fight. Focus is put on Jade, and Caresa, as Jade carries her away from the hill, and down the street towards the Hospital.

JADE
(while carrying Caresa)
Your boyfriend is a bit of a coward isn't he? Running away from his problems. Running away from you, leaving you to death, again. In that respect I suppose you two are perfect for each other. The way you both just adore running. After you died the first time, why, you just didn't have the courage to tell him that you were now one of the things he hated.
(Jade smiles cruelly down at the somewhat unconscious Caresa.)

JADE
I know all about your brave attempt to stop a robber in your house, and how you never planned to let anybody know what you really are. But I always have my ways of knowing. In any case, once Aidan found out he joined me. And me,being the gracious soul that I am made him fight you. Do you know why Caresa? Because it's fun. And do you know why he listened? Because he's afraid of me. Rightly so. But the real fun part of this story is that he wouldn't fight you because you were too afraid to fight, but when you did fight, he fought back, because he was afraid of getting hurt, by both you and I. Aidan truly is the scum of the earth. Basing every thought he ever has on fear. But don't worry my dear Caresa, you're a close second.

Caresa stirs in his arms.

CARESA
(weakly)
What... a-are you... d-doing?

JADE
Saving your life. Seems like pissing you off worked. It got you heart beating faster. Enough to keep you semi conscious.
(Jade watches as his make shift bandage turns red.)
Perhaps not my best idea, but you're awake. And I need you to stay awake until we reach the hospital, or until somebody actually calls an ambulance to pick us up. Because if you go unconscious again, I can't guarantee that you'll wake up again.

CARESA
(Tears start to form in Caresa's eyes; speaks weakly)
What's the point? So you can kill me later.
JADE
(clenches his teeth momentarily)
You idiot. You don't ever ask what the point in living is. You just do it.
(A single tear roles down his face.)
Because at least you got a second chance.

EXT: RIVER-STORMY NIGHT-CHILDHOOD FLASHBACK

A little GIRL is floating down the river.

YOUNG JADE
Kristy!

Camera closes-up on the little girl's face. She looks largely distraught and is fighting to stay above water.

KRISTY
Jade! Save me Jade!

The camera zooms back out to show an eight year old Jade, watching the girl get pulled down the river. He notices a deer by the side of the river near the girl, staring him in the eyes. Camera closes-up on Jade's face. Tears are rolling down his eyes. Camera slows down, and the sound becomes filtered.

YOUNG JADE
Help her!

Camera goes to the girl, and then to the deer. After a moment of focus on the dear, it runs back into the woods. Camera goes back to the girl.

KRISTY
Jade!

Camera returns to Jade.

YOUNG JADE
Kristy!

Camera goes to the open water where the girl was a moment ago.

EXT. STREET ON OTHER SIDE OF HILL – LATER

Aidan pulls out his barely used cell-phone, still looking numb and shocked, his face stained with blood and tears. He dials 9-1-1.

OPERATOR
Nine-one-one, what is your emergency?

AIDAN
I-It’s… n-not for me, m-my friend… this girl, got hurt… s-someone’s t-trying… to get her to an ambulance… t-that hasn’t been called… t-they’re at the other side of the street… b-by Poplar Hill.

OPERATOR
Alright, we have an ambulance on the way.

Aidan hangs up the phone, turning it off, before turning around and running.

EXT. STREET BELOW HILL – LATER

Jade is still carrying Caresa running as fast as he can in the direction of the hospital. An ambulance rounds the corner. Jade smiles and starts laughing in happiness.

JADE
It's our ride! You're going to be fine!

Caresa sighs in relief, and closes her eyes, her head leaning into Jade's chest, smiling slightly. The ambulance stops beside Caresa and Jade. Two paramedics jump out of the back of the ambulance. PARAMEDIC 1 goes over to Caresa and checks her pulse, while PARAMEDIC 2 takes out a stretcher.

PARAMEDIC 1
She's alive, but just barely. Get her onto that stretcher.

Jade nods, and carries Caresa over to the stretcher and puts her on top of it. PARAMEDIC 2 pushes the stretcher back into the ambulance. Jade jumps inside, along with PARAMEDIC 1.

INT. AMBULANCE – DAYTIME

Once inside with the doors shut, the ambulance starts to move. Jade holds Caresa's hand, and the paramedics begin to properly bandage Caresa.

PARAMEDIC 1
Damnit! This girl needs blood now!

PARAMEDIC 2
Well, then get her some blood.

PARAMEDIC 1
We don't have any! And even if we did, we don't know what type she is!

JADE
Give her mine.

PARAMEDIC 1 looks at Jade quizzically.

JADE
I'm O, the universal donor. Give her my blood.

PARAMEDIC 1
It's not that easy kid. I know you want to be a hero for your girlfriend, but we can't just hook you up to her.

JADE
You said that she needed blood now. Unfortunately you didn't think far enough ahead to pack some blood. I've just offered you perfectly usable blood, and unless you have an alternative, then hook me up.

The paramedic gives Jade a defiant look, but proceeds to prepare to hook Jade up to Caresa. Camera goes to Jade's arm, where the paramedic is about to insert the needle, and moves down his arm to his hand gripping Caresa's.

INT. HOSPITAL-EARLY EVENING

Jade is walking down the hall, with a cane he supposedly borrowed to keep himself stable. Aidan seems to be lingering, for whatever purpose. Jade walks over to him, Aidan glances at him, and then turns away.

JADE
Too scared to see your girlfriend? You really are a coward.

AIDAN
She's not my--

JADE
(interrupts; continues talking and walking, without turning around)
Thanks for calling the ambulance Aidan. Couldn't have done it without you.

INT. AIDAN’S ROOM – MORNING

Aidan wakes up from a restless sleep, looking incredibly weary in spite of sleeping. He looks over at a crowded nightstand, sits up, and lifts up a turned-over picture frame.

The photo is a posed-portrait of a family of four, a mother, father, and two children. One of them is young Aidan, the other a littler boy with slightly darker hair.

INT. AIDAN’S OLD BACKYARD – FLASHBACK - DAY

YOUNG AIDAN stands idle and wide-eyed in fear. MOUNTAIN LION +ANIMA lunges toward AARON, the little boy from the picture. Aaron shrieks.

INT. AIDAN’S ROOM – CONTINUOUS

Aidan puts the photo back, turning the frame back over, before lying back down and staring at his ceiling. After a few moments, Aidan gets back up again, starting out of his bedroom.

INT. AIDAN’S HOUSE, HALLWAY – MORNING

Aidan walks through his hallway, keeping his gaze to the floor. The walls of the hallway are painted a subdued brown color, and swell of emptiness by the lack of photos on the wall. He pauses near a door—his parent’s bedroom.

MRS. SUMMERS (O.S.)
(yawns; muffled by door)
Maybe I should go check on Aidan…

Aidan ducks into the bathroom.

INT. AIDAN’S HOUSE, BATHROOM – MORNING

Aidan locks the bathroom door, and looks at himself in the mirror, fading scratches and bruises present on his face. The fight two weeks ago doesn’t seem like it will soon leave him. He starts brushing his teeth, for a few long moments, before spitting out his toothpaste and rinsing his brush.

He turns away from the mirror before pulling off his shirt, revealing two winding red scars on his right arm, right down to his wrist, and gashes on his stomach and chest, fading bruises present as well. The camera remains above his waist as he finishes undressing. Water is turned on and the shower curtain closes.

INT. HOSPITAL – MORNING

Amanda Rivvers, a volunteer at the hospital is already working, bringing in breakfast to the patients, composing herself as best as she can, feigning a cheery disposition. Several of the patients are teens who were injured in the previous night’s fight. She weaves in and out of rooms with her food carts.

While in the hallway, she allows her expression to fall, before forcing a positive look as she enters the next room. Amanda is surprised to find Jade Pierce, asleep in a chair, once again in the room of an injured Caresa.

Jade opens his eyes.

AMANDA
(weakly)
G-Good morning, Jade.
(carefully hands tray to Jade, avoiding his eyes)

JADE
Good morning.

Amanda nods, and ducks toward the door out of the room.

AMANDA
(pauses, and glances back at him)
Do you want anything?

JADE
(looking out the window, then at Caresa; speaks quietly)
I’ll be fine.

INT. CARTER’S HOUSE, ROOM, KITCHEN - MORNING

Carter opens his eyes and looks at his alarm clock. He seems upset when he reads the early hour of the day, and pulls his blankets over his head. After a few moments, Carter sighs and gets out of bed, grumbling. He slowly walks upstairs and reaches the kitchen. Opening the fridge, Carter reaches in a grabs an energy drink, quickly opening it and chugging it.

MRS. LANDON
Carter… I don’t remember you coming home last night. How was the dance?

CARTER
(soft and confused at first; tone grows edgier toward the end of sentence)
Uh… what? Oh… the dance… um… it was fine.

EXT. SCHOOL PARKING LOT – LAST NIGHT

Flashback
Carter sees into the vehicle, the clearest image being Mr. Blake as he continues to keep Amanda down, from screaming, from fighting as he hurts her in one of the vilest ways possible. Her hand reaching out, shouting without words.

INT. CARTER’S HOUSE, KITCHEN – CONTINUOUS

MRS. LANDON
(observes him, and furrows her brow in concern)
Are you sure everything’s alright?
(gently puts hand on shoulder)

CARTER
(jerks away)
I’m fine.

MRS. LANDON
(looks at him with more apparent concern)
Are you sure? You seem… upset about something.

CARTER
(mutters)
I’m gonna go check on a friend.
(stalks out the front door)

Mr. Landon enters the room.

MR. LANDON
What was all that about?

MRS. LANDON
I’m not sure… I’m a little worried though.

MR. LANDON
Do you think I should follow him?

MRS. LANDON
No, no, I… I don’t know. I think he needs to be… alone for a little while.

MR. LANDON
Yeah, you’re probably right.

MRS. LANDON
Do you think it has anything to do with that girl from last night?

MR. LANDON
It’s possible.

MRS. LANDON
Hm…
Back to top Go down
ConfusedShipper123

ConfusedShipper123

PostSubject: Re: (100 PAGES!)+Anima: Seeds-screenplay (by internet addict, Nightmare13, and ConfusedShipper123)   (100 PAGES!)+Anima: Seeds-screenplay (by internet addict, Nightmare13, and ConfusedShipper123) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 1:15 pm

INT. KYRINE’S HOUSE, BEDROOM - MORNING

Kyrine wakes up and lies in bed for a few moments before getting up and stretching, revealing several bruises across her lower back. She winces and slowly walks downstairs, most of her bruises covered again. Walking into the kitchen, Kyrine sees her mother, who is making breakfast.

MRS. TAYLOR
Good morning, Kyrine. How was the dance last night? Your father and I didn't hear you come in?

KYRINE
Um... it was pretty good.
(checks to make sure most of her bruises are covered)

MRS TAYLOR
It was? I heard that... that there was another gang fight at the dance, Kyrine. Please tell me that you weren't involved!

KYRINE
(looks shocked that her mom knows)
Um... I...

MRS. TAYLOR
Kyrine! I want you to get to the hospital right now!

KYRINE
I don’t need to go to the hospital!

MRS. TAYLOR
(points to an apparent bruise on her arm)
Yes, you do. We’re going, whether you like it or not. And no more of this gang business.

KYRINE
They’re just bruises.

MR. TAYLOR, wearing office clothes, who has just prepared for work, diverts his attention from his wife and daughter and hurries toward the door. He looks as though he’s weary of their fighting and doesn’t have time to handle it.

MR. TAYLOR
(like he’s in a rush)
I’ll be home at five. Love you.
(walks out)

Mrs. Taylor and Kyrine barely pay attention to Mr. Taylor as he exits.

MRS. TAYLOR
I bet that’s not the worst of it, Kyrine.
(pulls up her shirt and stares at severe bruising)

Kyrine pulls down her shirt and shoves her mother away.

MRS. TAYLOR
That’s it. You’re going to the hospital.

EXT. STREETS OF HUMBLETON - DAY

Carter walks around town, looking in several different places as though he's looking for something or someone. He never stays at one place for very long, and doesn't tell people who or what he's looking for.

INT. MRS. TAYLOR’S CAR - DAY

Kyrine and Mrs. Taylor are driving to the hospital, both looking upset, and neither speaking. The radio is off, making the tension more apparent as they pull into the hospital parking lot.

Mrs. Taylor marches in, looking determined; Kyrine trails behind, looking defeated. As they enter the reception desk, Kyrine wanders to a chair and sits down, waiting for her mother to finish talking to the receptionist.

KYRINE
(mutters under breath)
Completely unnecessary.... She needs to calm down....

INT. HOSPITAL - DAY

Carter bursts into the hospital, looking around frantically. He ignores the stares and protest from hospital staff and starts running down a hallway, looking into rooms. He continues down the hall, strategically avoiding hospital staff, looking a little more frantic than when he first entered.

Amanda walks out of a room, pushing a breakfast cart along, looking distracted by her thoughts. Carter skids to a stop, mere inches away from the cart.

CARTER
(slightly out of breath)
Hey.

AMANDA
Carter? What are you doing here?

CARTER
Just... wanted to... make sure... you were... alright....

Amanda appears to grow slightly uncomfortable at this, and shifts her weight from one foot to the other. An awkward silence ensues for a few moments.

AMANDA
Um... thanks... I'm... I'm fine, Carter. Really. You don't have to worry about me.

CARTER
Are you sure? You seemed pretty upset.

AMANDA
I'm fine. Don't worry about me. Everything's alright.

INT. DOCTOR'S OFFICE - MOMENTS LATER, CONTINUOUS

Kyrine is finally called into a DOCTOR'S office to get checked out. The doctor asks her a few questions about her daily activities and writes a few notes when she answers.

DOCTOR
So, Kyrine? Your mother says that you were involved in the high school fight last night?

KYRINE
(nods)
Yes... I was.... But I'm fine. The worst I have is a couple scratches. Other than that, it's all bruising.

DOCTOR
Hm... well, your mother still does have a say in what happens here because you're still a minor.
KYRINE
But I'm fine!

DOCTOR
I'm sorry, Kyrine, but we have to listen to your mother. She requested you get a physical.

KYRINE
That's not fair! Don't I have a say in this?

DOCTOR
Kyrine, I'm sorry. But just look at it from your mother's prospective. If you had a child, wouldn't you want to look out for them as much as possible?

Kyrine stares at her, not saying anything.

DOCTOR
Do you see her point?

KYRINE
Fine. I'll do this stupid physical.

DOCTOR
Thank you. Now, you'll only need to pull your shirt up to about your chest, unless I find further need to look further.

Kyrine nods, and reluctantly lifts her shirt.

The camera focuses in on some large scratches and bruises on Kyrine's stomach and back. The doctor pokes and prods for a few moments, asking what hurts the most, and takes more notes. After a few minutes, the doctor tells Kyrine she can put her shirt back down.

DOCTOR
Well, nothing seems too awful right now, but I'm going to want to take another look at that nasty bruise on your stomach. You were almost right about being fine, but that bruise, especially where it's located, is worrying me a little bit.

KYRINE
Are you going to tell my mom?

DOCTOR
I'm afraid I have to. I'll be right back with your mom.

The doctor leaves the room for a few minutes and then returns with Mrs. Taylor.

INT. DAMIEN'S APARTMENT, BEDROOM - DAY

Damien lays FACE DOWN on a messy bed. The curtains are closed, and only a tiny bit of light filters in from the outside. The camera zooms in on FOUR EMPTY LIQUOR BOTTLES on the FLOOR. A DIGITAL CLOCK RADIO'S time changes from 8:59 A.M. to 9:00 A.M. The radio alarm begins playing "Are You Happy Now?" by Michelle Branch. After a few moments, Damien reaches out and presses the snooze button on the clock, laying his head back into the pillow. After a second or so, he lifts himself off the bed, and puts on his glasses.

He walks to the window and draws his curtain, squinting as light fills his bedroom. He turns around to prepare for the day.

INT. DAMIEN'S APARTMENT, HALLWAY - MOMENTS LATER

We are looking at Damien's door, and he emerges soon after, dressed in a uniform of sorts with a short-sleeved collared shirt and black pants. He grips his CELLPHONE in his left hand. He opens his palm, and pulls out the phone, turning it on. As soon as it is on, he presses a speed-dial. The phone screen says that he is calling "AMANDA RIVVERS".

INT. HOSPITAL, HALLWAY OUTSIDE CARESA'S ROOM - CONTINUOUS

Amanda's cellphone VIBRATES loudly in her back pocket. She glances at Carter before shyly pulling it out without checking the caller ID.

AMANDA
(still struggling to keep composed)
Hello?

DAMIEN
(non-chalantly)
Hey.

Amanda freezes and her armor seems to crack even more. She quickly hangs up and turns off her phone, hands shaking as she does so. She puts it back into her pocket, eyes wide.

CARTER
What's wrong?

AMANDA
N-Nothing... everything's... f-fine.

CARTER
I know that's not true, Amanda.

AMANDA
Just... don't worry about me, Carter. I'll be alright.
Back to top Go down
ConfusedShipper123

ConfusedShipper123

PostSubject: Re: (100 PAGES!)+Anima: Seeds-screenplay (by internet addict, Nightmare13, and ConfusedShipper123)   (100 PAGES!)+Anima: Seeds-screenplay (by internet addict, Nightmare13, and ConfusedShipper123) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 7:41 am

CARTER
Look, Amanda, I know there’s something wrong.

AMANDA
(stares at the ground as she speaks)
Carter, I told you. I’m fine. Just let it be.

CARTER
I’m not an idiot, Amanda! I saw what was going on at the dance! I pulled you out of there, and still you won’t let me in. You’ve put up a wall that’s too tall and too thick for anyone to get through!(quiets his voice)Please, Amanda. Despite how annoying you can get, you’re a great person… I just… I don’t want to see anything bad happen to you.

AMANDA
(tears streaking down her face)
I-I’m sorry, Carter. But… I’m just… not ready to… tell anyone. I just… I can’t.

Amanda runs off, crying, leaving both Carter and the cart of food behind. Carter looks as if he’s about to run after her, but then he looks to the ground, defeated, but angry. He sees Amanda’s phone on the ground, as it has fallen out of Amanda’s pocket. He picks it up, turns it on, and sees that there is a message. The name “Damien” takes up the screen of the phone.

Suddenly, Carter runs through the halls, an animalistic fury in his eyes. He doesn’t appear to know where he’s going, but determination is set in his eyes.

INT. HOSPITAL ROOM - CONTINUOUS

Mrs. Taylor and the doctor walk back into the room, talking quietly about Kyrine’s injuries.

MRS. TAYLOR
How bad exactly is this bruise?

DOCTOR
From what I saw, it was pretty nasty. I’m going to want to do some further testing, if that’s alright with you, Mrs. Taylor.

MRS. TAYLOR
Please. I just want Kyrine to be healthy.

KYRINE
I told you both, I’m fine. Honestly, it’s just a bruise. It’s going to heal, and I’ll be back to normal.
DOCTOR
(shakes head)
I wish it could be that simple, Kyrine. It’s entirely possible that there was a rupture. However, this is usually an injury caused by the strain of the rectus abdominis. Is there anything you could have done to strain this muscle?

KYRINE
I ran home… from school… After the dance.

DOCTOR
(nods)
Anything else?

KYRINE
Before I ran home… I was fighting… still.

MRS. TAYLOR
What about this rupture? What is that supposed to mean? Is it going to affect her seriously?

DOCTOR
(soothingly)
It shouldn’t be too bad, Mrs. Taylor. It’s usually the rectus abdominis muscle which is damaged in an abdominal strain but other muscles in the stomach area can be affected as well.

MRS. TAYLOR
And what exactly is that supposed to mean?

DOCTOR
The rectus abdominis is the long flat muscle on either side of the linea alba. It extends along the whole length of the front of the abdomen.

MRS. TAYLOR
(still appears slightly confused, but nods)
And that being ruptured is a bad thing. Okay.

DOCTOR
Correct. Now, if Kyrine takes it easy and doesn’t involve herself in too much physical activity for the next couple weeks, she should be fine. But I’m still only guessing that it’s a rupture of the rectus abdominis. And that means that I’ll need to examine it more carefully and take an ultrasound. Alright?

MRS. TAYLOR
Alright.

KYRINE
Let me guess--I have to do this because I’m a minor and my parents still have full medical control over me unless it comes to like, donating organs, right?

DOCTOR
That’s correct.

MRS. TAYLOR
Kyrine, please don’t argue about this. I just want you to be healthy.

KYRINE
I am healthy. As far as the doctor knows right now, it’s just a bruise.

DOCTOR
And you could very well be right, Kyrine. But I want to be sure that nothing’s wrong. There’s nothing worse than telling a patient that they’re okay, and then have them come back in worse condition than the first time. Besides, wouldn’t you rather let your body heal itself sooner rather than later?

KYRINE
(grudgingly)
Yeah, I guess so.

DOCTOR
Alright. Well, before we get you in for an ultrasound, I’m going to tell you what activities to avoid for a while.

KYRINE
Shouldn’t you do this after the ultrasound?

DOCTOR
Normally, yes, but you also happen to be in a gang, if I’m not mistaken, Kyrine. That means that you aren’t allowed to participate in any gang related activities. And try to stay away from sports.

KYRINE
You’re really telling me that I can’t help out my friends when they’re in trouble? What if their lives depend on me?

DOCTOR
Only if their lives depend on you, Kyrine, will you be allowed to participate, but that’s more up to your mother than me. And I highly doubt that they will all be in life threatening situations at the same time.

Kyrine opens her mouth to say something, but closes it again, looking frustrated.

DOCTOR
Don’t think I’m joking around, Kyrine. If your rectus abdominis has ruptured, or is close to rupturing, and you do something to irritate it more, you’ll possibly have to go in for surgery. Trust me; surgery will take a lot longer to heal from than irritation.

Kyrine sighs.

MRS. TAYLOR
Please, Kyrine.

KYRINE
(mutters)
Fine.

INT. DAMIEN’S APARTMENT, MAIN ROOM – CONTINUOUS

Damien stares down at his cellphone, and closes his eyes for a moment, sighing. He slips the phone into his pocket and starts for the door.

INT. APARTMENT BUILDING, HALLWAY, STAIRCASE, FIRST FLOOR – MOMENTS LATER

Damien heads down the hallway, and hurries down the staircase of the building, to the first floor and out the door.
Back to top Go down
ConfusedShipper123

ConfusedShipper123

PostSubject: Re: (100 PAGES!)+Anima: Seeds-screenplay (by internet addict, Nightmare13, and ConfusedShipper123)   (100 PAGES!)+Anima: Seeds-screenplay (by internet addict, Nightmare13, and ConfusedShipper123) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 7:41 am

EXT. SIDEWALK OUTSIDE APARTMENT – DAY

Damien walks down the sidewalk, sticking his hands in his pockets, and glances across the street. He stares at the hospital there, the biggest building on the street. His gaze wanders to a window, and we can tell his mind is on Amanda. The camera then focuses on the hospital, on Carter emerging from the hospital’s front doors.

Carter appears to spot Damien, and bolts across the street. He grabs the man’s shirt and shouts.

CARTER
(shouts)
What did you do to Amanda?!

Damien looks surprised for a moment, before pulling back from Carter’s grasp. His expression hardens as he turns away from Carter.

Carter grabs Damien’s shoulder and forces him to turn back toward him.

CARTER
(threateningly)
What did you do to her?

Damien pulls back from him again.

DAMIEN
(controlled, but also threatening)
Just stay out of it.

CARTER
No.

DAMIEN
(mutters)
I don’t have time for this.

Damien begins to walk away.

CARTER
(follows him and pulls him back)
You’re gonna MAKE time for this.

DAMIEN
Amanda’s relationships are none of your business.

CARTER
It became my business when we became friends.

DAMIEN
(pulls back again; threateningly)
I’d stay out of our business if I were you.

CARTER
Well, that’s too bad, because I’m not gonna stay out of it.

DAMIEN
You have nothing over me, kid, so I’d stay out.

CARTER
Really? Is that why I could go to the police station and report that you had an affair with a student?

DAMIEN
(begins to grow visibly angry)
Now would you really want to do that to Amanda? Ruin her chances by putting something like that out in public?

CARTER
If it meant locking up a creep like you, yeah, I’m pretty sure I would.

DAMIEN
(stiffens)
She would hate you. And do you really need to get the police involved with you, Carter? I’m not so sure your little gang would like that very much.

CARTER
I can deal with her hating me. And as for the Crusaders, I don’t see why they have to be involved.

DAMIEN
(narrows eyes and looks off into the distance for a second before glaring right at Carter)
They’re always involved, Carter. No matter what you do.
(begins to walk away again, faster than before)

CARTER
(follows)
How would YOU know? You’re just some lame teacher who spends his free time flirting with high school girls.

DAMIEN
(tightens jaw, controlling anger; pointedly ignores second comment)
I know, Carter, more than you would think.

CARTER
(mockingly)
Ooh, the big bad teacher… involved in a gang when he was younger?

DAMIEN
(scowls at the ground)
Like I said, I don’t have time.
(walks ahead, turning a corner, aiming for parking ramp)

CARTER
Like hell you don’t.
(chases after him)

Damien runs ahead, and steps inside the parking ramp entrance.

CARTER
(glares after him)
Coward!

Damien turns around and runs back, grabbing Carter’s shirt.

DAMIEN
Stay out, or you’ll regret it.

CARTER
(pushes Damien back; speaks sarcastically)
Are you sure I’m going to regret it?

DAMIEN
(rage apparent in his face, and shoves Carter)
Unlike your sissy gang leader, I don’t hold back.

Carter shoves Damien back.

CARTER
I don’t hold back either.
(punches Damien in the face)

Damien grabs Carter’s wrist and wrenches it behind his back, using his other fist to jab Carter strategically on a pressure point to knock him out.

Carter falls limply onto the pavement. He moves Carter off to the side, out of the way of incoming vehicles, near the wall of the ramp.

He then proceeds to his car, and steps inside.

INT. DAMIEN’S CAR – DAY

Damien sticks his keys into the ignition of his vehicle and starts to drive out of the parking ramp. The car is utterly too clean in comparison to the incident that occurred within it the night before.

EXT. STREETS OF HUMBLETON, DOWNTOWN – DAY

Damien’s car speeds through the streets of Humbleton, and turns on his car’s radio. A LINKIN PARK song starts playing. He turns it louder and passes by the hospital. He slows down as he passes, staring into it and hardly paying attention to the road.

Another driver narrowly avoids his vehicle, and Damien returns his focus to driving.

INT. HOSPITAL HALLWAY – LATER

A YOUNG DOCTOR, Roger, notices an abandoned breakfast cart in the middle of a hallway. He begins pushing it down the hall, turning the corner until he spots an apparently upset Amanda gathering her jacket and purse in an employee lounge.

INT. HOSPITAL, LOUNGE – MOMENTS LATER

ROGER
(gently)
Leaving so soon?

Amanda looks startled, and quickly wipes her tear-stained face with her sleeve. She nods.

AMANDA
(quietly)
Y-Yeah… I just got a call, and I have something to take care of at home. Sorry.

ROGER
(nods, and looks unconvinced)
Alright. I’ll just get Antha to take the cart then?

AMANDA
(nods)
Yeah… I’m really sorry.

ROGER
It’s really no problem, Amanda.
(walks over to her and puts his hand on her shoulder)
Just remember we care about you here, alright?

Amanda glances away from him, and gently shakes his hand off her shoulder, and nods weakly.

ANTHA
(stands in the doorway)
Did someone say I needed to take a breakfast cart?

ROGER
(smiles weakly at her before heading to her and kissing her on the cheek)
That is, if you don’t mind.

Antha smiles and kisses him back on the cheek.

Amanda carefully exits the room as the two continue their public display of affection.

INT. HOSPITAL, HALLWAY – CONTINUOUS

Amanda continues down the hallway, eyes downcast as she makes her way to the elevator.

INT. HOSPITAL, ELEVATOR – CONTINUOUS

Amanda stands in the elevator, and presses the button to go to the first floor. She puts her hand in her pocket and realizes that she’s missing her phone. The elevator arrives on the first floor and she steps out.

INT. HOSPITAL, FIRST FLOOR, NEAR ENTRANCE – CONTINUOUS

Amanda sighs and exits the hospital through the front doors.

EXT. STREETS OF HUMBLETON, SIDEWALK – CONTINUOUS

Amanda walks down the sidewalk, turning corners until she ends up at the parking ramp.

EXT. PARKING RAMP - DAY

Amanda is about to walk up the stairs to the second level of the ramp, when she spots a guy passed out right next to the wall of the ramp.

She gasps slightly as she realizes that it is Carter. She kneels down next to him. She checks his pulse on his neck with two fingers, and looks a little bit more relieved when she finds that he is still breathing.

AMANDA
(whispers)
Carter?

Carter does not respond.

AMANDA
(shouts)
Carter?!

Carter still continues not responding. Amanda bites her lip and decides to lift him off the ground. The weight is a bit much for her, and she stands there. She glances at the staircase and the elevator up to the second floor of the ramp, and then out at the street, the hospital peak a few long blocks away.

She swallows and starts to carry him to the hospital. Carter stirs. Amanda looks down at him, pausing in her labored steps.

CARTER
(slowly opens his eyes; speaks groggily)
Ugh… what’s going on?

AMANDA
(lets out a sigh of relief)
You tell me.

CARTER
I… I don’t know right now.

AMANDA
(looks concerned)
O-Okay.

Amanda continues attempting to carry Carter, when she suddenly loses her strength and drops him.

CARTER
Damnit!

AMANDA
(cringes)
I… I’m sorry, I’m really sorry, Carter. Are you okay?

CARTER
Is this what you do to patients at the hospital?

AMANDA
(puts palm to her face)
Well, it’s good to see you’re more alert now… and no, I don’t drop patients at the hospital.
(bites lip)
Can you stand?
(offers hand to him)

CARTER
Usually I would make a smartass response about how I can’t stand, but I don’t trust you carrying me anymore.
(accepts hand and stands with her assistance)

Carter begins walking, Amanda alongside him.

AMANDA
Yeah, I wouldn’t trust me either. So, do you remember what happened back there?

CARTER
I… feel like I got in a fight. And I lost.

AMANDA
(swallows nervously; speaks quietly at first)
But you don’t remember what happened.
(cautiously)
What hurts?

Carter grunts and points to a spot where he’d been knocked out by a pressure point and winces as he does so. He also points to the arm that had been wrenched behind his back with his other hand.

Amanda nods, understanding.

AMANDA
But you didn’t hit your head or anything?

CARTER
I don’t think so.

Amanda looks somewhat perplexed for a moment, before going on. They are nearing the hospital.

AMANDA
(cautiously)
What happened, Carter?

CARTER
(pauses for a moment, trying to come up with a believable story)
I got jumped.

AMANDA
Do you remember what they looked like?

CARTER
Nope.

Amanda pauses in front of the hospital doors, and looks over at Carter.

CARTER
I’m not going in there.

AMANDA
(quietly)
I just want to make sure you’re okay.

CARTER
I’m fine.

AMANDA
(nods weakly)
Alright. Do you… need a ride home?

CARTER
Yeah.

Amanda starts walking back to the parking ramp. The two of them arrive back at the entrance of the parking ramp.

INT. PARKING RAMP – DAY

Amanda and Carter take the elevator to the third floor of the ramp and exit. They walk to her car, and Amanda unlocks the doors from the outside.

INT. AMANDA’S CAR – DAY

Amanda adjusts her mirrors and starts driving out of the parking ramp. She and Carter are once again driving in silence. They reach the streets of Humbleton’s downtown and continue driving toward Carter’s house.

AMANDA
(quietly)
What really happened, Carter?

CARTER
Like I said, I was jumped.

AMANDA
Is that all?

CARTER
That’s all.

Amanda stares straight ahead at the road. A phone begins to vibrate in Carter’s pocket.

AMANDA
Why do you have my phone?

CARTER
(pulls it out of his pocket)
You dropped it when you ran off.

AMANDA
(snatches phone from Carter and sees that it is her mom calling)
So you just picked it up and didn’t bother to give it back to me?
(hangs up on her mom and checks her call history; swallows and puts phone in cup holder)
Did you go after Damien?

CARTER
I was going to give it back to you, but you ran off too fast.

AMANDA
So instead you decided to go after Damien?

CARTER
(nods)
I didn’t actually think that I’d find him, but I saw him walking out some apartments.

AMANDA
So he did this to you?

CARTER
I told you; I got jumped.

Amanda sighs shakily, closing her eyes before looking out at the road again, visibly growing upset.

CARTER
Look, I’m sorry, but he doesn’t have the right to even think about you, Amanda. You deserve better than him.

Amanda grips the steering wheel tighter, blinking back tears unsuccessfully.

CARTER
Amanda, pull over. You can’t drive like this.

AMANDA
(pulls over at the side of the road and starts crying at the wheel again)
I…
(shakes her head)

CARTER
(puts his arm around her shoulders)
Please tell me what happened, Amanda.

AMANDA
(leans into his chest; whispers through tears)
He… he hurt me, Carter.

CARTER
(grows visibly upset)
I won’t let him hurt you again, Amanda.

AMANDA
Please… don’t tell anyone.

CARTER
(nods)
I promise I won’t tell.

AMANDA
Thank you, Carter.
(breaks down even more)

CARTER
You’re welcome.
(strokes her hair)

Amanda continues to cry into Carter’s chest as he strokes her hair. They sit like that for several minutes.

INT. ULTRASOUND ROOM – CONTINUOUS

The doctor rubs the jelly over Kyrine’s stomach, and she winces, both from the cold and from the slight pain with it.

DOCTOR
I’m sorry about the cold. It’s something that no one gets very used to, no matter how many times they’re in here.

KYRINE
It’s… fine....
(tries not to shiver)

The doctor smiles at this, as if she’s heard it many times before, but continues with her work. She focuses on a very irritated looking muscle and writes something down on her clipboard.

KYRINE
So what’s the verdict?

DOCTOR
Well, I’m going to need to examine it a little longer, so I’ll get some pictures, and then you can be out of here.

KYRINE
(nods)
Okay. So can I wipe the jelly off now?

DOCTOR
Yes.

Kyrine and the doctor wipe the jelly off of Kyrine’s stomach, and the doctor sends Kyrine to the waiting room with her mom so she can examine the photo’s a little more.

INT. HOSPITAL WAITING ROOM – SECONDS LATER

Kyrine sits down next to her mom, and they sit in silence until the doctor walks into the room.

DOCTOR
I’m sorry to have to tell you this, Kyrine, but you do appear to have rectus abdominis rupture.

MRS. TAYLOR
So, resting will be the best for her? And that’s all that we can really do?

KYRINE
What fun.
(looks angry)

DOCTOR
That’s about all you can do, without having surgery. And trust me, this way is much easier.

MRS. TAYLOR
Thank you so much for all of your help.
(shakes the doctor’s hand)

DOCTOR
I’m just glad I was able to help.

MRS. TAYLOR
Come on, Kyrine, we should leave now. I’m sure it’s just swamped here with the fight last night.

KYRINE
Alright.
(follows her mom out of the hospital)

INT. AMANDA’S CAR – LATER

AMANDA
(has gradually stopped crying, still leaning her head against Carter’s chest; hoarsely)
We need to get you home.

CARTER
I’ll drive.

Amanda bites her lip, looking nervous, but nods. She pulls away from Carter and unbuckles her seat belt. She unlocks the doors, looking uncertain for a moment, before opening her door.

Carter also unbuckled his seat and opened his door.

INT. OUTSIDE OF AMANDA’S CAR

Carter and Amanda walk each other’s doors and get in the car quickly.

INT. INSIDE OF AMANDA’S CAR

Amanda looks nervous as she buckles her seat belt. She glances around, hoping they won’t get caught.

Carter looks a little calmer as he gets in the car and buckles as well. He starts the car and pulls out onto the street, trying to look legal.
Back to top Go down
ConfusedShipper123

ConfusedShipper123

PostSubject: Re: (100 PAGES!)+Anima: Seeds-screenplay (by internet addict, Nightmare13, and ConfusedShipper123)   (100 PAGES!)+Anima: Seeds-screenplay (by internet addict, Nightmare13, and ConfusedShipper123) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 4:36 pm

He starts out of downtown, and heads for the residential area.

INT. DAMIEN’S CAR - LATER

Damien is also winding through the streets, heading for the back way out of town to his second job, when he spots a familiar vehicle turning onto his street in his rearview mirror. He notes that the driver is Carter, and scowls slightly. He dials Amanda’s number on speed dial again.

INT. AMANDA’S CAR – CONTINUOUS

Amanda freezes when she spots Damien’s car ahead of them.

CARTER
(slightly distracted by driving)
You alright?

AMANDA
(nervously)
Turn around.

CARTER
Why?

The car ahead of them has begun to slow down.

AMANDA
(more frantically)
Just turn around!

CARTER
Okaaay!
(turns sharply)

Damien’s car stops entirely, and stays in place as if to wait for them to turn. Amanda jerks slightly at the sharp turn, and now looks very shaken up. They now head in the direction from which they came.

CARTER
Now… will you tell me what’s going on?

AMANDA
Drive faster.

CARTER
(sounds pleased at the notion of driving faster)
Okay.

Amanda takes a deep breath, as the car accelerates forward.

AMANDA
N-Not that fast…

CARTER
(sighs in mock exasperation)
You tell a fifteen year old, without a license to drive fast, and then tell him to slow down… this just does not work for me.

Amanda checks the rearview mirror and finds that Damien has now caught onto their trail.

AMANDA
(panicky)
Okay, now go fast again!

CARTER
You are so picky!
(speeds up)

Damien accelerates with their rising pace.

AMANDA
M-Make a turn somewhere.

Carter turns onto a random street, quickly.

Damien follows, with the same speed. He is now catching up with them.

Carter makes a left turn, then another left turn, then a very sharp right turn. Amanda moves with the vehicle.

AMANDA
(quietly)
Careful.

CARTER
(sarcastically)
I’m always careful.

Damien is right on the street they pulled onto, and Carter suddenly slams into the front part of Damien’s car, where his headlights are smashed in. Both vehicles come to an abrupt stop. Amanda stares wide-eyed at the other car, and feels her breath catch when Damien emerges from the vehicle, unscathed, but visibly seething.

DAMIEN
(walks to Carter’s window; shouts)
I told you to stay the hell out!

CARTER
(rolls down window a couple inches)
And I told you that I wouldn’t.

DAMIEN
(furiously)
Now look what you’ve done!

CARTER
(sounding angrier)
Me? It wasn’t just me! You had your whole screwed up part in this! Don’t act like things would be fine if I wasn’t here!

Amanda is sitting there silently, as if she doesn’t know how to react.

DAMIEN
Well, if you would have just stayed out, none of this would have happened.

CARTER
Maybe none of this would have happened.
(points to smashed cars)
But I’m sure something else would have happened.

Amanda is looking rather nervous as the conversation progresses. She looks out at her car, which happens to be significantly less damaged than Damien’s.

Damien glares at Carter for a moment before glancing at Amanda. He turns to walk back to his damaged car. He leans against the side of his car and pulls out his phone. He appears to be calling someone.

AMANDA
(quietly)
Does the car still run?

CARTER
Let me check.
(turns the key in the ignition a few times before the car sputters to life)

Amanda is staring out at Damien who has had one failed phone call. He dials another number, but that call quickly ends.

AMANDA
(quietly)
Maybe you should…
(gestures to Damien)

CARTER
(turns to her, looking mortified)
Do you honestly think I’m going to give… that a ride?

AMANDA
(shrugs)
Well… we did hit his car.... Look, I don’t like the idea any better than you, but....

CARTER
I don’t care. He’s the idiot that was following us. Both of these cars could be fine if he would just leave you alone.

AMANDA
(bites her lips, but nods)
Fine.

Carter starts driving away, not noticing how Amanda looks at Damien one last time before he’s out of their view.

Amanda sighs shakily before staring at the street ahead.

CARTER
So… what are you going to tell your parents about your car?

AMANDA
(cringe)
I… I’m not sure yet, but I don’t think they’re going to be very please. Can I just tell the truth and say it was you? Wait, no. You’re illegal.

CARTER
Exactly. So if you tell them it was me, not only will I get in trouble, but you’ll also be in the wrong. Ah, don’t you love law?

AMANDA
Must you complicate my life so much, Carter Landon?

CARTER
It depends on the situation.

AMANDA
(sighs)
So yeah… um, you… going home.

CARTER
(sarcastically)
Really now?

AMANDA
Yeah… you should do that.

CARTER
Hm… I guess I should. But where’s the fun in not freaking my parents out?

AMANDA
You’ll freak them out enough driving home in a damaged car. They’re going to hate me so much if they find out….

CARTER
I’ll park a block away and say you made me walk.

AMANDA
(sigh)
Well, I guess that works….
(sees Carter’s house coming up)
Thank you for… everything. And I’m really sorry about what happened. I’ll try to make sure it doesn’t happen again.

CARTER
Never doubt a male.
(parks the car sloppily on the side of the road; flexes)
Don’t worry about it. These bulging biceps could take him any day.

AMANDA
(weakly smiles)
Thanks.

CARTER
No problem.

Amanda looks Carter straight in the eye a second too long before glancing away quickly as he steps out to leave. Carter doesn’t notice this glance, as he’s facing slightly away from her.

AMANDA
Well, I guess I’ll see you on Monday.

CARTER
Yeah, see you then.
Back to top Go down
ConfusedShipper123

ConfusedShipper123

PostSubject: Re: (100 PAGES!)+Anima: Seeds-screenplay (by internet addict, Nightmare13, and ConfusedShipper123)   (100 PAGES!)+Anima: Seeds-screenplay (by internet addict, Nightmare13, and ConfusedShipper123) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 4:37 pm

INT. CARESA’S HOSPITAL ROOM – LATER

Caresa sits, painfully, alone in her room. She is still in a dress from the night before, but it is wrinkled and worn down, presumably from the fight. She glances wistfully at her window; there are bruises and scratches on her arms and face, also from the fight.

INT. DANCE FLOOR, FIGHT SCENE – LAST NIGHT

Caresa tries to fight off CRUSADER GIRL 1.

CRUSADER GIRL 1
Vermin. You don’t deserve our leader’s blood.
(punches Caresa in the face)

Caresa responds by wincing away sharply from the girl’s fist, grasping her face with her hand. She tries to react, but is swiftly punched in the gut again by the girl.

CRUSADER GIRL 1
All you rats shouldn’t be alive.

Caresa is coughing, but she changes into her +Anima form, anger in her teary eyes. She scratches at the girl’s fist as it comes at her again, and shoves her away.

The Crusader girl’s fury seems only fueled by the blood on her knuckles, as she knocks Caresa to the ground. Caresa makes an attempt to fight back, thrashing and punching and scratching, but the Crusader girl still manages to have the upper hand. Caresa continues fighting, scratching up and weakening the girl, who punches Caresa in the face again, and forces her head down onto the floor.

CARESA
(coughing up blood; weakly)
S-Stop…

CRUSADER GIRL 1
That’s right, beg, insect, beg. It won’t stop me from smashing you…

She looks as though she’s going to hit her down again, when someone pulls her off the floor forcefully.

CRUSADER GUY 2
Hey! What do you think you’re doing? Wanna end up like Aidan? Jade sure as heck wouldn’t like seeing this happen again. If he says there’s no blood on the Crusader’s hands, then there’s no blood. C’mon.
(starts pulling her away from Caresa)

The girl scowls, as Caresa’s eyelids shut, and she passes out.

After what seems like a few moments of blackness, she finds herself being carried. Her eyes open slowly and she sees, double, in the dark, that Jade is carrying her. They are hurrying through the dark halls of the school, as police sirens ring and the sound of crowds shuffling out fades behind them. Jade looks serious and in concentration of getting them out. She closes her eyes once again.

INT. CARESA’S HOSPITAL ROOM – LATER

CARESA
(whispers, as she looks out the window)
Stay safe, Jade.

INT. AIDAN’S HOUSE, KITCHEN – LATER

Aidan and his family eats in silence, his father pretending to read the newspaper, as his mother stands up to pour more coffee for her and her husband.

MRS. SUMMERS
(gives a sidelong glance at Aidan)
So… h-how was the dance Aidan?

AIDAN
(stares down at his plate)
Fine.

MRS. SUMMERS
(weakly smiles; appear to know more than she lets on)
That’s… good.

Mr. Summers seems to be pointedly ignoring Aidan. Aidan looks up at him, as he turns the page in the paper, still refusing to look over at him.

MR. SUMMERS
(stoically)
I hope you didn’t get into any more trouble.

Aidan stares back down at his plate, and swallows another bite of pancake. He shakes his head. Mr. Summers continues fake-reading his paper and sips some coffee. Mrs. Summers watches him in anticipation, in hope that he’ll say something more positive.

MR. SUMMERS
Well, I’m going to go… um, clean out the garage.
(gets up from the table and kisses Mrs. Summers on the cheek before exiting, giving one glance to Aidan, desperation in his gaze and then heading into the garage)

Aidan finishes his food in silence.

MRS. SUMMERS
Is there… anything you want to talk about, Aidan?
(is staring into her cup of coffee)

Aidan shakes his head no.

AIDAN
I’m… I’ll be back.

MRS. SUMMERS
Don’t go too far, Aidan… and… if this is for the Crusaders…

AIDAN
It’s not! I just… I have to go, I’ll be back.

Aidan takes off through the front door as his mother begins to protest, but he does not allow her to finish.

EXT. AIDAN’S NEIGHBORHOOD – DAY

Aidan sticks his hands into his pocket, and walks down his street, where a few other one-level homes have their place, one in particular, the house next door to his, he tries not to pay attention to. It is a particularly run-down looking place, and the sounds of a couple arguing are heard outside.

A woman emerges, one with dark hair and very blue eyes who heads for her car, but stops when she sees Aidan. There is a sudden shock, then hatred in her eyes. She hurries to her car, parked along the sidewalk, also not looking at Aidan as she passes by him speed-walking and slams the door of her vehicle before driving away.

Aidan stares at the ground, and closes his eyes tightly for a moment, biting his lip, and then releases a breath. He continues walking, past the house.

EXT. AIDAN’S BACKYARD, CARESA’S BACK YARD – FLASHBACK, LATE EVENING

The sun has just set, and the sky is darkening.

YOUNG AIDAN and YOUNG CARESA are beginning to walk out of Aidan’s backyard. Young Aidan’s mother and father are in the backyard, making pleasant conversation, LAUGNING and smiling with some of their friends, while Young Caresa’s parents do not seem to be present.

Young Caresa grabs Young Aidan’s hand, and giggles, taking him around a small fence into her backyard.

She sits on an old, rusted swing-set. Young Aidan smiles shyly and sits next to her on the other swing. Young Caresa stares up at the sky.

YOUNG CARESA
Aidan, look!
(points to the sky)

YOUNG AIDAN
What?
(looks up)

YOUNG CARESA
It’s the first star of the night!
(smiles over at him)

YOUNG AIDAN
(stares at the star in awe; whispers)
Wow.

Young Caresa continues smiling, as she bumps her swing into an awestruck Young Aidan. He laughs and bumps back. After a few moments of this, the giggling ceases and Young Caresa is suddenly silent and still, her gaze in the sky again.

Young Aidan brings his focus back to the sky as well, stars beginning to fill it up. He then looks at Young Caresa, who is still staring up.
CARESA
Did you wish on the first star, Aidan?

AIDAN
(smiles shyly and nods)
Yeah.

The two continue to look at the sky in wonder, their eyes full of dreams.

INT. AIDAN’S NEIGHBORHOOD – DAY

Aidan blinks a few times, as if realizing he’s in the present. He stares at the ground as he continues walking, then sighs and sits down on the curb. With nothing else to do, Aidan pulls out his phone to text someone. The name on his screen says “Kyrine”. He texts the words “I’m sorry” before his phone shows the message being sent.

He stares at his phone for a few minutes as if waiting for a reply, but none comes. Finally, Aidan sighs, looking entirely defeated. Aidan lays his arms across his knees and rests his head on his arms.

INT. MRS. TAYLOR’S CAR – DAY

Kyrine looks down at her phone as it vibrates in her hand. She sees the message is from Aidan and unsurely opens it. She sees the words “I’m sorry”, but closes her phone angrily.

MRS. TAYLOR
Are you alright, Kyrine? What did the message say?

KYRINE
(shakes her head, putting her phone back in her pants pocket; whispers)
It was… nothing. Just a prank.

MRS. TAYLOR
Are you sure? I just… I don’t like seeing you hurt like this, Kyrine.

KYRINE
I’m fine, Mom. I told you, it’s nothing… it’s just a prank some kid tried to pull. I just want to go home and take a nap.
(leans back)

MRS. TAYLOR
(struggles slightly for words; nods)
Alright. I’ll let you be.
(pulls car into driveway; gets out of vehicle)

Kyrine walks into the house, looking very worn down.

INT. KYRINE’S BEDROOM – DAY

Kyrine walks to her bed, and falls down on it. As she does this, she groans from the pain it creates. Kyrine rolls onto her back, and stares up at the ceiling, seemingly lost in thoughts.

She eventually closes her eyes, trying to fall asleep as she pulls her blankets around her.

INT. OUTSIDE CARTER’S HOUSE – DAY

Amanda is driving away from Carter’s house, looking very distracted. She turns on her phone and sees many messages from her mom and two from Damien.

Amanda dials her voicemail, listening to the messages. The most recent is from Damien.

DAMIEN (V.O.)
(sighs)
Hey, Amanda. Talk to me, please. I’m… I’m sorry for what’s been going on. I… I just want to know what’s wrong, Amanda.
(ends message)

Amanda shuts her phone off again, trying to remain focused on driving.

CUT TO DAMIEN’S CAR – DAY

Damien stands by his damaged car, holding his cell phone. He looks down at his phone and begins walking away from his car.

INT. KYRINE’S BEDROOM – DAY

As Kyrine is lying on her bed, her phone vibrates in her pocket. She opens her eyes and sits up, carefully. She pulls her phone out of her pocket and sees that Zoe is calling her.

KYRINE
(blearily)
Hello?

ZOE
Hey, Kyrine.

KYRINE
What’s going on?

ZOE
I just… I wanted to talk to you about last night.

KYRINE
Okay. What about it?

ZOE
Well, first--how are you doing?

KYRINE
I could be better.

ZOE
Yeah, I could be, too, but I just wanted to say that I really hope that doesn’t happen again, Kyrine. We just can’t afford another quarrel like this.

KYRINE
Don’t act like this is entirely my fault. You know the Crusaders were already planning to attack us during or after the dance.

ZOE
I’m not blaming anyone! I’m just saying that we need to lay low for the time being. All I want to do is make sure that all of you stay out of trouble with the Crusaders until I have a plan ready. I don’t want any of you walking with them, or talking with them, or having anything to do with them. Unless you’re making some sort of permanent peace treaty, which I know won’t happen.

If any of them gets too friendly, I know it’ll just be to bring us down. We know they’re up to no good.

KYRINE
Well you won’t have to worry too much about me, I’m practically quarantined.

ZOE
I’m sorry about that. Well, if you happen to come in contact with any of the others, let them know to lay low until I say so and steer clear of the Crusaders.

KYRINE
(mumbles)
I’ll be sure of it.

ZOE
Alright, thanks.
(hangs up)

Kyrine also hangs up, easing herself back against her pillow. She turns her phone over in her hand absently.

Kyrine closes her eyes again and falls asleep in a few minutes. After everything that’s happened, she seems exhausted.

INT. CARTER’S HOUSE – DAY

Carter is in the kitchen, leisurely drinking an energy drink. He is pointedly ignoring his parents, who are at the kitchen table, trying to have a normal conversation.

MR. LANDON
Carter, can you come here for a minute? We just want to talk to you.

Carter glances at his parents briefly, then looks away.

MRS. LANDON
Please, honey. We’re worried about you.

CARTER
We’re talking right now, aren’t we? Last I checked, people didn’t need to be right next to each other to talk.

MR. LANDON
Look, Carter, I’m getting sick of pretending that everything’s alright with this family! You’re mother and I have worked our butts off to raise you right, and you turn to a gang! You don’t need to do this!

CARTER
I guess your parenting skills didn’t work, then, huh? I tried to be a good kid, but you didn’t even seem to care, so I figure that I shouldn’t care, either.

MRS. LANDON
Is that what you think, Carter? That we didn’t care about what you were doing?

CARTER
Not anymore. But you guys can’t stop me from being in the Crusaders. We watch out for each other. I’m fine with them.

MRS. LANDON
I wouldn’t describe it as fine. Think about the dance, Carter. Was that fine?

CARTER
That was just stupid. And so is this conversation.
(walks out the front door, ignoring his parents as they yell after him)

Carter runs down the street, not knowing where he’s headed. He doesn’t slow down for a couple blocks, but when he does, Carter realizes that he’s really tired. He walks down the street, looking for a place to hang out for a while.
Back to top Go down
ConfusedShipper123

ConfusedShipper123

PostSubject: Re: (100 PAGES!)+Anima: Seeds-screenplay (by internet addict, Nightmare13, and ConfusedShipper123)   (100 PAGES!)+Anima: Seeds-screenplay (by internet addict, Nightmare13, and ConfusedShipper123) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 5:16 pm

EXT. AIDAN’S NEIGHBORHOOD – LATER

Aidan has now stood up, his hands in his pockets, as he turns a corner into another street, on the sidewalk where Carter is. He doesn’t see where he’s going, and walks into Carter.

CARTER
(frustratedly)
Watch where you’re walking.

AIDAN
(steps back, and keeps his eyes down)
Sorry.
(starts walking the other direction)

CARTER
Maybe if you had been looking up you would’ve seen me.

AIDAN
(turns around and looks at Carter)
I said I’m sorry, alright?!

CARTER
And I’m telling you to watch it, alright?!

AIDAN
Okay! I’m sorry! I’m just… having a bad day.

CARTER
Do you think I care?

AIDAN
No, I’m pretty sure you don’t.
(turns around again)

A car pulls onto the street intersecting with Carter’s, and turns onto Aidan’s street—Caresa and her mother occupy the car. Aidan tenses, and starts walking down Carter’s street again, pushing past him and continuing down it.

CARTER
(shouts to Aidan)
Why aren’t you going to visit vermin girlfriend number one?

AIDAN
(visibly tenses from ahead, and pauses; turns around and walks back to Carter)
She isn’t my girlfriend, and she isn’t vermin.

CARTER
I disagree on the vermin part, but now you only have one vermin girlfriend? Does Caresa know you broke up?

AIDAN
We were never together! And the +Anima aren’t vermin. Apparently, Jade doesn’t even believe that, seeing as he finds it necessary to constantly save her life…

CARTER
Jade’s been going downhill ever since that fight. You’ve probably gotten him to start going to church and everything too.

AIDAN
(pauses before speaking)
I haven’t been to church since “that fight”. And what are you going to do about Jade? It’s not like you can start a second branch of the Crusaders here.

CARTER
(mockingly)
Aw, is Aidan realizing that going to church isn’t going to solve any of his problems?
(angrily)
And I’m not looking to make a second branch of the Crusaders. I’m looking for Jade to be a leader again.

AIDAN
(ignores first comment)
Well, what if Jade decides that the +Anima are just normal… er, that they aren’t worth fighting anymore? What then?

CARTER
Then I WILL make a second branch of the Crusaders. What Jade says isn’t always what goes.

AIDAN
Actually, it usually is.

CARTER
That doesn’t it always will be. Jade isn’t going to be here forever.

AIDAN
Well, either way, maybe we just need to stop fighting.

CARTER
Or maybe we need to get weaklings like Mr. Stabs-Girlfriend-Number-One out of the gang.

AIDAN
(angrily)
Well, maybe we do! It’s not looking you’re doing anything good for the Crusaders either.

CARTER
Like stabbing my girlfriend?

Aidan’s expression becomes a mix of remorse, hurt and anger. He shoves Carter as hard as he can.

AIDAN
She wasn’t my girlfriend! And it isn’t like you wouldn’t have pulled something like that, Carter.

CARTER
(shoves back; angrily)
I’m not the one who stabs people and gets the police to watch our gang more! Without that little stunt of yours, we wouldn’t be in such a mess!

AIDAN
(shoves back; mutters)
Maybe you won’t have to deal with my messes for too much longer.

CARTER
(punches in face; mockingly)
Maybe I can help you with that. Then you won’t have to go against the Bible. But wait! You already have!

Aidan retaliates by punching Carter back. He aims for Carter’s face, hitting him in the eye.

CARTER
(punches back in stomach)
Are you actually going to fight fair? Or do you have a knife ready?

AIDAN
(cringes; punches him back in chest)
Would it really make a difference?

CARTER
(punches in shoulder; half sarcastically)
Yes. It would because you wouldn’t be able to win a fight without that magic little piece of metal.

Aidan takes out his knife and throws it in the street. He then punches Carter in the face.

CARTER
(kicks in knee; mockingly)
Oh, would you look at that. Aidan has his magic little piece of metal with him. How surprising. Were you going to use it on Girlfriend-Number-Two today? You know, let her know what happens to girls you date?

AIDAN
(punches Carter in stomach)
Or maybe I had other plans today. Maybe I was going to use it on jerks like you.

CARTER
(punches in jaw; mockingly)
And what would those ‘other plans’ be? We both know that you weren’t planning on using the knife on me or else you wouldn’t have thrown it down.

AIDAN
(cringes in obvious pain; punches back reflexively in the shoulder)
Fill in the blanks, Carter.

CARTER
(groans in pain; kicks Aidan in the groin)
Oh, I’ve filled in the blanks. I’m smarter than people seem to think.

AIDAN
(cringes in pain)
You know, that’s okay; I wasn’t going to have kids anyway.

Aidan limps over to the street and picks up his knife. He slowly walks back and carefully sits on the curb, looking very pained.

CARTER
Who would want you to be their dad, anyway?

Aidan is holding his knife to various places, such as his neck, wrist and chest as if he’s making a decision.

AIDAN
Do you really want to stick around for this? ‘Cause I will, you know, die.

CARTER
Are you really that idiotic? I’m pretty sure The Girlfriends would be depressed enough to do the same thing. Do you really want that to happen? And besides, I can walk away.

AIDAN
(quieter)
Do you really care that much for them? And I’m pretty sure they don’t care what happens to me at this point, after I stabbed Caresa and punched Kyrine in the fight last night. I wouldn’t be doing this if I wasn’t so sure they hated me.

CARTER
We both know that answer. Besides, Girlfriends One and Two have something in common. They are both girls. I find that this makes them less prone to hate you forever if you do something like this. Besides, if you kill yourself, I’ll hear about that for the next three weeks. But if they go, too, it’ll be forever before there’s peace again.

AIDAN
(staring at knife)
So I’m only worth about three weeks of gossip? Maybe I really do need to go.

CARTER
No… if you wait and build up a lot of angst or something—I don’t know how it works with you people—I’m pretty sure you could milk about four weeks.

AIDAN
(turning knife over in hands)
Four weeks, huh? You’ll have to tell me about it when we get to… wherever we go after this… when you get there.

CARTER
(sits down on curb as well)
I would tell you about it, but frankly, I won’t pay too much attention. You know, news comes on about you; I’ll probably leave the room. People talk at school, I’ll skip. Make the month go by a little faster.

AIDAN
Darn.
(starts doing the ‘decision making’ again)

CARTER
Maybe you’re parents will move away and the only reminder of you will be the empty house that you used to live in. Until, of course, new family moves in.

AIDAN
Best way to go. Where I’m at now, I wouldn’t mind being completely forgotten. It’s easier that way.

CARTER

You forget about The Girlfriends. Assuming they don’t kill themselves, they’ll probably visit your grave everyday. Bring flowers, cry, do all that girl stuff.

AIDAN
I’m pretty sure they hate me.

CARTER
They might, but girls are wired. At least the ones I know…. And those wires tell them that no matter how much they hate someone, unless it’s a fellow girl, they must feel at least a little bad when that person gets hurt or dies. And considering that they’re ‘The Girlfriends’... don’t count on them hating you forever.

AIDAN
Why do you care so much, anyway?

CARTER
Haven’t we already established that it wouldn’t affect me, other than the mourning? I’m not going to sit around a town full of mopers for three weeks.

Aidan looks distant for a second as he stares straight ahead. He looks down at his hands and notices that he accidentally cut the palm of one of his hands. He stares at it, not doing anything to help or hurt any more.

CARTER
(rolls his eyes at this)
You’re really pathetic, you know that.

AIDAN
I didn’t do it on purpose.
(still staring down at bleeding hand)

CARTER
Hm… Well, I’m pretty sure that The Girlfriends, no matter how pissy they are right now, will feel guilty if you kill yourself…. Or see this new scar on your hand.

AIDAN
My point isn’t to make them feel guilty. I’m pretty sure they just want me out of their lives.

CARTER
Well then, sucks for you. Because, like I said before: girls are wired. They’re going to feel guilty no matter what.

AIDAN
(swallows)
I’m the guilty one. It doesn’t make sense.

CARTER
I never said girls made sense. I’m just saying that you can’t win.

AIDAN
They’ll be better off in the long run.

CARTER
And if they kill themselves because of what you did? Is that really better off?

AIDAN
They wouldn’t. They… they won’t…. How are you so sure that they won’t just hate me?

CARTER
Remember seventh grade? Right after Lindsey and I broke up? You know, when I broke my arm?

AIDAN
(shrugs)
Yeah. Why?

CARTER
Well… she had broken up with me because I hadn’t been spending almost any time with her for about a month. It’s not like she was clingy—I honestly had only met up with her outside of school about once a week. She just didn’t think it was working between us.

Of course, I disagreed, because I wasn’t spending time with her for a reason. I was trying to set up some fancy birthday thing for her that was taking up most of my time, but I just told her I was hanging with the guys. Keep it a surprise.

She broke up with me just after I’d gotten it finished, but hadn’t had a chance to get her there.

I tried to convince her to at least see what I’d been working on, but Lindsey’s a stubborn one. Honestly, I called her, texted her, walked all the way to her house, and nothing would work. She said she didn’t want to make it any harder than it needed to be.

Finally, I got the idea to climb the tree in her yard outside her window. I was leaning over to tap on the glass when I fell out of the tree and broke my arm.

After my arm was casted, she went to see the surprise. I’ll never forget the look on her face both when she saw me on the ground by her tree and when she saw the surprise.

Lindsey and I tried dating again after that, but it didn’t really work out. She was too hung up on me breaking my arm, and I was kind of ready to move on.

But to this day, she still gives me those ‘I’m sorry’ looks in the hallway.

AIDAN
That’s kind of different, you didn’t screw up.

CARTER
Trust me, it felt like I’d screwed up. I felt like if I had maybe made up better excuses or tried a little harder to see her when I wasn’t working on the surprise, t wouldn’t have happened.

AIDAN
You didn’t put her life in danger.

CARTER
But I put her metal health in danger…. If only for a few minutes. Well, no, that’s a lie. Think about it, Aidan, she’s still guilty over a broken arm that was entirely my fault. I’m the one who didn’t give her enough time. I’m the one who climbed the tree. I’m the one who fell out of the tree. I’m the one who didn’t even think of asking her parents to help me get her there.

AIDAN
Maybe I’ll stick around, but I still just want to be… done. I know what you’re getting at, I just don’t think you’re getting it.

CARTER
Maybe I’m not getting it, but just completely disregard The Girlfriends for a minute. Can you think of some other girl in your life who would be devastated if you went?

AIDAN
(nods)
I guess my parents wouldn’t be too please over losing both their kids. Maybe it would be easier on them, too. They wouldn’t worry every time I left the house. They wouldn’t worry about be getting into a gang fight all the time.

CARTER
They worry because you gave them a reason to worry.

AIDAN
Well they won’t have to worry about me anymore if I’m not here.
Back to top Go down
ConfusedShipper123

ConfusedShipper123

PostSubject: Re: (100 PAGES!)+Anima: Seeds-screenplay (by internet addict, Nightmare13, and ConfusedShipper123)   (100 PAGES!)+Anima: Seeds-screenplay (by internet addict, Nightmare13, and ConfusedShipper123) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 3:57 pm

INT – GREYHOUND BUS – EARLY MORNING

The sky is dark, but the sun is rising ever so slightly on the horizon. The bus focuses on a GIRL, about 19 or 20. She's ASLEEP, with her head on a pillow. Her head is sideways, facing away from the sun. A MAN, looking 21-23 walks over to her, and kneels down, as he is quite tall, his face level with hers.

MATHIAS
Sage.

The girl scrunches her eyes, in response, but is still asleep.

MATHIAS
Sage. Wake up, we're getting close.

The girl groans, starting to wake up, but still refusing to open her eyes. Mathias chuckles.

MATHIAS
Come on sage, it's time to get up, we need to talk before we get into Humbleton.

The girl finally opens her eyes, and gives Mathias an irritated look. Mathias smiles at her.

SAGE
What'ya want, asshole? I need my beauty sleep.

MATHIAS
Good morning to you too sunshine.

Mathias pulls out two bottles from his back pack and holds them up to Sage.

MATHIAS
Apple or orange?

Sage reaches out a grabs the bottle of orange juice.

SAGE
Orange. Always orange. Apple tastes like crap.

MATHIAS
I thought that you hated juice.

SAGE
Unless you have a coffee maker in that back pack shut up.

Mathias smiles at Sage, and Sage can't help but smile back.

SAGE
What'd you want to talk about?

Mathias loses his smile, and becomes a little more serious.

MATHIAS
I wanted to talk to you about what the plan is.

Sage looks towards the front of the bus.

SAGE
We find Brian, and take him out.

Sage looks back to Mathias.

SAGE
The plan is as simple as that Matt.

There is a moment of silence.

MATHIAS
I know that you hate the bastard enough to make you skip the plan, but we need a way to find him.

Sage looks away again, glaring, as if Brian were there before her.

SAGE
I don't just hate him Matt. Every part of me despises him, and even the thought of him, his smile, the way he looked at me.
(turns back to Mathias, and she has a grave look on her face)
It makes me want to throw up.

The two stare at each other for a moment, in a serious silence.

SAGE
I want his blood Matt. I want to kill him, just like he's killed me.

Sage rubs the +Anima tatoo on her shoulder, subconsciously. Mathias puts his hand on her hand, as Sage loses herself in the nightmares of her past. Sage looks like she's been pulled back into reality, and smiles at Mathias.

SAGE
That's why I brought you along.

Mathias gives her a questioning look.

MATHIAS
Why?

Sage keeps smiling at Mathias.

SAGE
Because I know that you can stop me Matt.

They stare at each other for a moment.

MATHIAS
Are you sleep deprived?

Sage takes a swig of her orange juice.

SAGE
I had trouble getting to sleep, that might explain why I'm so emotional.

Mathias sighs in relief.

MATHIAS
Good, because it was either that, or your time of the month.

Sage takes another drink of juice.

SAGE
Ass.

While Sage gets used to being up, Mathias looks a couple rows back to a SLEEPING 10 year old GIRL with long brown hair.

MATHIAS
Do you think we should have brought Mia along? She's still getting used to her +Anima. Not to mention she's only just started not waking up in the middle of the night screaming.

Sage, with bottle in mouth as she continues to make the orange juice disappear looks at MIA, the girl. Sage stops drinking.

SAGE
You got a problem with short stuff?

Mathias turns back to Sage, with concern.

MATHIAS
No, but I have a problem sending her on a mission when she's not ready.

Sage harrumphs.

SAGE
Have some faith Matt. She's over it.

Mathias looks at Sage, perplexed.

MATHIAS
She was orphaned after her drunk and abusive father beat her half to death in a cave after chasing her from her home because she was in the room.

Sage gives Mia a sympathetic look, or Mathias appears to think she does.

SAGE
See, it's not that bad.

Mathias looks confused.

MATHIAS
Did I remember the nightmares part?

SAGE
I think you mentioned them.

MATHIAS
Good, just making sure.

They both watch Mia sleep for another couple of minutes, before Mathias stands up, pulling his back pack over his shoulders.

MATHIAS
I need to go check on Jake. Get some more sleep.

Sage looks up at Mathias.
SAGE
Well I can't now thanks to you.

Mathias laughs quietly.

MATHIAS
Try.

Mathias bends over and kisses Sage on the forehead.

MATHIAS
I love you.

Sage looks up at him.

SAGE
‘Kay. See you later.

Mathias smiles, and walks back to his seat beside JAKE, another younger +Anima, who appears still older than Mia. Sage turns her head on the pillow, with a sad look in her eyes, and tries to go back to sleep.
Back to top Go down
ConfusedShipper123

ConfusedShipper123

PostSubject: Re: (100 PAGES!)+Anima: Seeds-screenplay (by internet addict, Nightmare13, and ConfusedShipper123)   (100 PAGES!)+Anima: Seeds-screenplay (by internet addict, Nightmare13, and ConfusedShipper123) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 11:10 pm

EXT. STREETS OF HUMBLETON, A BLOCK FROM ACCIDENT – DAY

Damien is holding his cell phone to his ear, as he walks up and down the block.

DAMIEN
Hey. I’m not going to be in for work today.

Someone answers over the other line.

DAMIEN
Yeah, my car’s messed up… I’m fine… Yeah, I know I’ve been missing a lot lately… really. No, I can’t be there later, I already told you_ well, okay then! If that’s really necessary… Yeah, yeah, I know. Well, bye, then.

Damien ends the call, and stares at his phone, frustration dominating his expression. But it soon fades into a mask of apathy, and he sticks the phone back in his pocket. He glances back at his beaten-up car, and watches the street. A tow truck is arriving on the street, and he walks up to pay the man. After this, he hits the streets again, and goes back into the city.

EXT. AIDAN’S NEIGHBORHOOD – LATER

Aidan sighs, and slowly stands up.

AIDAN
(looking at ground; mutters shyly)
Um… thanks for talking and everything. Sorry for… uhh… fighting and stuff.

CARTER
(nods)
Yeah, it’s no problem.

Carter begins walking in the direction he was headed earlier, leaving Aidan standing by the curb. As Carter is walking, he appears to be thinking.

Aidan looks down at his hand and tries to find a place to wipe it off that wouldn’t look obvious. He looks over at his house and sees that his parents are still present by the car in the driveway. Aidan keeps walking, his bleeding hand balled into a loose fist, to hide the blood.

INT. AMANDA’S HOUSE – DAY

Amanda is sitting at her kitchen table with a large calculus textbook open and a cup of creamed coffee sitting next to the book. Her phone is turned off. A few notes are haphazardly placed on the refrigerator.

The home phone ringing pierces the silence, bringing Amanda out of the trance she seemed to be in while listening to her iPod. She gets up from her chair and picks up the phone.

AMANDA
Hello, Rivvers’ residence
(looks slightly exasperated by the voice on the other line)
Um… sure… I’ll talk to him. Okay. No. I’ll just be more fuel efficient and take the bus.

Amanda scribbles a quick note and lays it on the counter in case her parents get home before she does. She grabs her phone off the counter and walks out the front door.

EXT. AMANDA’S NEIGHBORHOOD - DAY

Amanda begins to pass her damaged car, and swallows as she presses on toward the city.

EXT. AIDAN’S NEIGHBORHOOD – DAY

Aidan is walking through the neighborhoods, looking as though he has a destination in mind. He walks down one street and turns left, then turns right off of that street. Looking up, he sees the house he’s aimed for from the back, and tentatively begins to turn onto the street it is on.

CUT TO - KYRINE’S NEIGHBORHOOD, KYRINE’S FRONT YARD - DAY

The home is familiar. Aidan bites his lip as he approaches the front door. He swallows, and hesitantly knocks on the door with the hand that isn’t blood-stained. He briefly opens the fist and checks his hand to see that it has stopped bleeding, but is still in need of cleaning.

MRS. TAYLOR (O.S.)
(shouts to Kyrine, also O.S.)
I got it!

Mrs. Taylor opens the door and sees Aidan there. Her gaze hardens slightly when she sees him standing there, as she recognizes him as a Crusader.

MRS. TAYLOR
(coldly)
What are YOU doing here?

AIDAN
(looks at the ground)
I-I… I wanted to see Kyrine…

MRS. TAYLOR
She's resting right now and can't have visitors.

AIDAN
(nods; looks nervous; pauses then speaks)
H-How is she doing?
MRS. TAYLOR
That’s none of your concern.

AIDAN
(swallows)
Okay. I’m sorry…

Aidan turns around, and his bloodied palm is exposed accidentally for a brief second.

MRS. TAYLOR
(sees Aidan's bloody palm)
Oh...
(looks to be having an internal debate)
Do you... need me to... clean that out... for you...?

Aidan automatically closes the hand, as if he could hide the cut again. He looks extremely surprised at the offer, and as if he doesn’t know what to say.

MRS. TAYLOR
I may not like what your gang did to my daughter, but... if it was Kyrine in your situation, I would prefer she get it cleaned up....
(steps out of the doorway)

CUT TO - KYRINE’S HOUSE - DAY

Aidan takes a few cautious steps inside the house, and glances around nervously for a few seconds, before fixing his eyes on the floor. His expression is growing less guarded, guilt apparent in his eyes.

AIDAN
(eyes downcast; quietly)
Y-You… you really d-don’t have to, I… I can go home and clean it…
(is very apparently lying about going home)

MRS. TAYLOR
Take this kindness while it lasts.
(has seen through his lie)
I won't have this getting infected.

Aidan nods, and follows as Mrs. Taylor leads him into the kitchen.
Mrs. Taylor pulls a first aid kit out of a cabinet. She grabs Aidan's hand, dousing it with water from the faucet before taking some antibiotic cream and putting it on his cut.

MRS. TAYLOR
It might sting a little.

Aidan restrains himself from wincing as Mrs. Taylor pulls gauze out of the first aid kit and wraps it around Aidan's hand, taping it when she's finished.

AIDAN
(still averting his gaze; voice close to a whisper)
Thank you.

Mrs. Taylor nods and starts putting her first aid kit away. She turns when she hears footsteps timidly coming closer.

KYRINE
Mom? Aidan? What's going on?

Aidan stiffens when he spots Kyrine, and soon stares back down at the floor.

MRS. TAYLOR
Aidan... um... he needed a cut cleaned. Now why don't you go rest again?
(clearly hiding something)

KYRINE
I know something's going on.
(crosses her arms, looking determined to figure this out)

Aidan glances around, very nervously, and very guiltily. He squeezes his eyes shut for a moment, and takes a deep breath.

AIDAN
K-Kyrine… I… I…
(whispers, taking a nervous step closer toward her and away from her mother)
I’m sorry.

MRS. TAYLOR
What? What did...? Kyrine! Did HE do this to you?

KYRINE
(looking down)
I need to talk to him alone, Mom.

MRS. TAYLOR
You will not be alone with this boy! Ever!

KYRINE
Mom! Just... just let me handle this! I know you're trying to help and all, but you need to stop being a smother and start being a mother.

MRS. TAYLOR
I'm just trying to be a good mom, Kyrine! Do you know how hard it's been raising you? Especially since you joined that gang?

KYRINE
(angrily)
Just because I’m +Anima, doesn’t mean I was anymore difficult to raise than any other child would be.

Aidan looks lost as to what he should do, or whether he should just leave the house.

MRS. TAYLOR
(defeated; sick of arguing)
Fine.

Mrs. Taylor stalks out of the room, leaving Kyrine and Aidan alone.

Kyrine is silently fuming, waiting for Aidan to say something.

AIDAN
(still not looking at Kyrine; on edge)
I… I’m… I’m sorry, Kyrine… I… I didn’t know… w-what I was doing, I… I shouldn’t have… I’m sorry…

KYRINE
(venomously)
How could you not know what you were doing? You looked me straight in the eye.
AIDAN
(bites his lip before replying)
O-Okay, I… I knew, but… I… I didn’t w-want… I…
(loses energy; exasperatedly; sighs)
I give up. I’m sorry, Kyrine.

Aidan turns around.

Kyrine grabs his shoulder and turns him back around.

KYRINE
Just tell me WHY.

AIDAN
(swallows; finally looks her in the eye; grows quieter at each pause)
I was scared. I was trying to… to prove that I was still… loyal… to the Crusaders.

KYRINE
(gravely)
Looks like you proved it.

AIDAN
(shuts his eyes again, holding back tears; whispers; opens them and stares at the floor)
But I’m done with that now.

Aidan pulls back from her grasp, and turns around again, walking slowly in the direction of the front door, head down.

KYRINE
What do you mean you’re done with it now?

AIDAN
(does not turn around; whispers)
I’m just done with it now.

KYRINE
(more persistent)
But what does that MEAN?

AIDAN
It means what I said, I’m just done. Finished. It’s over.

KYRINE
What… what does that mean?

AIDAN
(sighs)
I’m done. That’s all.
(continues walking toward the door)

KYRINE
But tell me what that MEANS.

AIDAN
I told you.
(puts his good hand on the doorknob to start to leave)

KYRINE
I’m sorry.

AIDAN
(tears on his face, and in his voice)
Why are you apologizing? You didn’t do anything wrong.

KYRINE
(also crying)
Because you won’t leave if I apologize?

AIDAN
I… I d-don’t w-want your apology…
(quieter)
I just want you to accept mine.

KYRINE
It’s hard to forgive someone when they do this.
(pulls up shirt to reveal bruise)

AIDAN
(cringes deeply; cries without restraint)
I am so sorry. S-So… sorry… I’m sorry, Kyrine.
(turns around and runs through the door, hand on his mouth to stop from sobbing)

He cries without trying to stop himself.

CUT TO – AIDAN’S HOUSE – LATER
Aidan sees his mother in the backyard, and assumes his father is still in the garage. He runs into his bedroom.

INT. AIDAN’S HOUSE, BEDROOM – CONTINUOUS

Aidan sets his knife on his nightstand and pulls out a notebook and a pencil. He opens the notebook to a clean page, starts scrawling onto it, tears running down his face.

AIDAN (V.O.)
(as he writes)
“They say that the +Anima are monsters... I find it hard to believe, even after all I’ve seen, after all we’ve been through, when it’s us, when it’s me, being monstrous…”

INT. BUS STATION – CONTINUOUS

Amanda looks down the street, and watches as the next bus arrives. Passengers from the airport and other places get off, including a couple of 20-year-old’s and some younger children walking together. They have a strange vibe about them, but she barely notices as soon as the incoming passengers have cleared off. She begins to climb into the bus.

CUT TO – BUS, INTERIOR - CONTINUOUS

Amanda pays her fare, and wearily takes a seat. She stares absentmindedly out the window, as others board the bus. The bus starts, and she continues staring out the window, watching the small city pass her by as they drive toward her destination. Someone takes the seat right next to her. She barely notices.

Damien Blake casually pulls out his cell phone, and nonchalantly scrolls through the various applications of it. He glances at Amanda, obliviously sitting next to him, every few seconds.

When she finally looks over at him, she gasps. Amanda shrinks closer to the window.

AMANDA
(whispers)
I… I cannot believe you. Y-You’re stalking me.

DAMIEN
I wouldn’t call it stalking exactly…

AMANDA
(stares him straight in the eyes)
I WILL report you. For EVERYTHING.

DAMIEN
(looks at the floor for a second, and sighs, facing her again)
Can’t we just talk, Amanda? Would it be so hard?

Amanda faces the window again, biting her lip, and getting as far from Damien as she can in her seat. She stands up and looks as though she’s going to move, but Damien grabs her wrist and pulls her back down, gently.

DAMIEN
Tell me what’s going on, Amanda.

AMANDA
(stares at the window, blinking back tears)
You know what’s wrong, Damien. Don’t act like you don’t understand.

DAMIEN
(sigh)
No, I don’t understand, Amanda.

Amanda stands up, and walks past him, unsteadily sliding into the seat in front of Damien, because the bus is moving.

INT. AIRPORT – DAY

BRIAN walks through the Airport in a suit and tie, looking quite sharp. He walks over to the luggage carousel and picks his bag up off of the treadmill like mechanism. He then makes his way to the exit where JADE is waiting for him. Brian gives Jade a disappointed look.

BRIAN
No sign?

Jade rolls his eyes.

JADE
If you wanted a sign you should have called a freaking limo.

BRIAN
I tried Jade I really did, but honest to God could not find a single place in this one horse town.

JADE
Just shut up and stop complaining.

BRIAN
Tsk. Jade that is no way to talk to your superior. I demand an apology right this minute.

Jade shakes his head, turns away and begins to head for his car.

JADE
Do you want a ride or not?

Brian smiles at Jade, and begins to follow, a small bag of luggage rolling behind him.

EXT. AIRPORT PARKING LOT - CONTINUOUS

JADE
So where do you want me to drop you off?

Brian catches up to Jade at the car.

BRIAN
I'll give you directions.

Jade looks over at Brian questioningly.

JADE
I know this place inside and out, which isn't a great feat, but still, I doubt there's a place you want me to go to that I don't know how to get to.

Brian grins.

BRIAN
Oh, you probably don't want to remember the place we're going.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (100 PAGES!)+Anima: Seeds-screenplay (by internet addict, Nightmare13, and ConfusedShipper123)   (100 PAGES!)+Anima: Seeds-screenplay (by internet addict, Nightmare13, and ConfusedShipper123) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(100 PAGES!)+Anima: Seeds-screenplay (by internet addict, Nightmare13, and ConfusedShipper123)
Page 1 of 1