Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Calling Out in The Void

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
zukoscrazyfangirl

PostSubject: Calling Out in The Void   Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:02 pm

Hey there Gang

Tonight I'm sending out a message to anybody who might still be listening. I was getting nostalgic tonight, thinking back to our days on AvatarSpirit, the collapse of the roleplaying board there, and our eventual pilgrimage to this little humble slice of the internet.

I don't know if anybody will ever read this. Maybe one day one of you will take a stroll down memory lane like I have, and go back. Maybe by that time this website will have gone. It already seems to have fallen into disrepair, so you never know. Whatever the case, I did not want to let this one go without one last attempt at a connection. And at the very least, I can pay my respects to a website that meant so much to me.

I started roleplaying on Avatar Spirit at the age of 9. It wasn't very groundbreaking stuff, probably wasn't even something that you could call good. Shit, I'm scared to go back and look at my threads here for fear of embarrassment. But I know that when I roleplayed, I was welcomed into a group of other unique, caring individuals. This was my community. As a child who grew up with a very limited number of friends in this world, this website was my home. It was my passion. These boards helped me to be creative, they picked me up when I was feeling down, and the people here were sweet, and kind, and supportive when much of the community outside was not. My love of literature, of creativity, of writing, was nurtured here, and I hope you will be happy to here that I continue to roleplay in other forums every single day.

I'm all grown up now. I'm 19, I'm at university, studying politics. But the things that I loved as a child when I first started roleplaying are massive pieces of who I am. I can honestly say that this board shaped the person I became today. I think that it did so for the better.

I don't know if this website will ever come back. It's possible, but I'm not sure. But as I blow the dust off of the ruins I would like at least the chance to lay it to rest, in the event that life cannot be return. Here's looking at you, kids.

If anybody would like to get into contact with me, my email address is dftbanotes@gmail.com. My skype is darkphantom269 (A username founded in a roleplay thread back on avatar spirit, no less!). If you'd like my facebook, message me and we can talk about it.

Thanks all, this is Monica, or ZCF as you might have known me, signing off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Calling Out in The Void   Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:46 pm

I don't think this site will ever come back, but I miss those days too. I have so many happy memories concerning RPing and this group. I've tried joining another RP site or too, but neither stuck for me because what I was really wanting was to RP with everybody here.

I don't get on this site too often, but I do get an email whenever somebody creates a new thread, which is how I knew about this one. I know I'm a little slow in responding, but sometimes life passes you by without you even realizing it. I kept thinking I'd respond tomorrow, and now it's been almost a month.

But, even though this site is technically dead, I do at least try to delete any spam threads that pop up. It doesn't happen too often, though.

Right now I'm working 40+ hours at a crappy job while looking for one in my field (I have an English degree), and I'm still working on my writing. I'm making extremely slow progress on my novel, but it's still progress.

Not sure what else to say, so I'll leave it at that.

"Every sinner has a future; every saint has a past." - Jayy Von Monroe

Join Korra Nation to get exclusive content by CLICKING HERE!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/215440

Calling Out in The Void
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1