New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Academy for SITs

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

The Academy for SITs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Academy for SITs   The Academy for SITs - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 9:52 pm

Danielle glared at her sister for a moment, before setting off with her to find Sylvain. Luckily for her, he was hanging out in the lounge with a few others. She took a seat on a nearby couch, and held out a large book in front of her face, pretending to read. She lifted the binoculars to her face, peering through the book and zooming in toward the boy she "wasn't" interested in. A second later a huge grin broke out on her face.

"You're an awesome coder, Sis." she whispered, staring happily at her crush.
Back to top Go down
ConfusedShipper123

ConfusedShipper123

PostSubject: Re: The Academy for SITs   The Academy for SITs - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 11:14 pm

Sylvain focused on the book he stared intently into over the arm of the couch he was sitting upon. He was desperate to tune out his fellow students, as they tried to wind down from the day; he wanted none of it. The book consisted mostly of diagrams and descriptions of tactics and effective methods of taking down the alien enemy. It was incredibly easy to become obsessed with failure; but the drive to correct it seemed like it may have made the slip-up worth it. Maybe.

Regardless, he was entirely oblivious to the young girl staring directly at him from across the room. Momentarily, he glanced up to see the window, constructed with its fictional night just beyond them. And in its reflection, he spotted Harley's sister reading a book. As quickly as possible, he scanned the room for Harley herself. He had been avoiding her, since their earlier encounter. His failure was most embarrassing in her presence. He lifted the book closer to him, attempting to absorb himself again, but the thought of her distracted him so.

The time was ticking away, and their required sleep would come soon enough. Subtly as possible, he stashed the book back in its proper shelf, before taking to the hall, through the lesser populated areas of the lounge.
Back to top Go down
http://www.procrastinator-writer.blogspot.com/
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: The Academy for SITs   The Academy for SITs - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 12:56 am

"Tell me something I don't know," Harley softly replied, a slight smirk appearing on her face as she turned her eyes to her book. Out of the corner of her eye she noticed the object of her sister's non-affections had left the lounge.

Harley nearly cursed, Dani would probably want to go after him now. It was times like these that Harley was glad she didn't have any obsession with some guy distracting her from important things like combat training or strategy.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: The Academy for SITs   The Academy for SITs - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 1:12 am

"Well, looks like we better follow our target. Eh, Sis?" Danielle joked, smiling happily as she spied on Sylvain's retreating form with her binoculars. She casually stood up, and set her book down as she hid her binoculars, for the moment. She started to walk away, when a brief distortion in the Lounge made her pause. Danielle look around with a puzzled look, wondering what caused the glitch.

"....Did, did you notice that too, Si-?"

Danielle stopped with a sudden gasp of pain. She looked down to her chest, eyes widening at the sight of the spiked tail coming out of her chest. She felt the hot breath of a Banshee behind her, as it hissed in her ear, before sliding her off of its tail.

The Banshee gave a horrific scream, and then jumped toward Harley.
Back to top Go down
ConfusedShipper123

ConfusedShipper123

PostSubject: Re: The Academy for SITs   The Academy for SITs - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 12:20 am

With the shriek of the Banshee, Sylvain turned around, pulling out his weapon immediately, aiming it straight for the creature near the two girls. Others followed soon afterward, more unbearably high-pitched shrieks and sharp tails and hisses. He shot as many as possible without hesitation, his earlier mishap obviously far in the past, even though it had been on the same day.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: The Academy for SITs   The Academy for SITs - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 6:17 pm

Harley had been stunned by the death of her sister, and instead of getting out of the way or getting a weapon, all she could do was grapple with it, trying to keep all the dangerous parts away from her while the creature shrieked in her ears and tried to kill her.
Back to top Go down
ConfusedShipper123

ConfusedShipper123

PostSubject: Re: The Academy for SITs   The Academy for SITs - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 10:17 pm

Sylvain didn't hesitate to repeatedly shoot down the banshees around Harley, not having looked to the ground where her sister lay. He just shot every non-human creature with the most effective amount of force for the amount that kept coming. He wouldn't take defeat again, especially not when others were on the line.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: The Academy for SITs   The Academy for SITs - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 9:01 pm

Sylvain's shots were successful, and the Banshee clawing at Harley was dead within a minute, and its cohorts soon joined it, as the other students got to work at destroying the aliens. Thankfully only a handful had shown up, so the relaxed child-soldiers hadn't been overwhelmed.

Soon the bodies dematerialized, and the AI spoke.

"My apologizes. A glitch in the System caused a random Banshee Event to occur off-hours. This will be corrected in the next maintenance cycle. Now, retire to your rooms. It is time for sleep."

A good majority of the students quickly went to their dorms, ready to put this sudden and heart-pounding event behind them. The AI then proceeded to bring back all of those that had died in the unplanned attack.

All except one, however.

"System Error. Unable to retrieve User: Danielle Ardent." the AI intoned.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: The Academy for SITs   The Academy for SITs - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 5:28 pm

"What do you mean you're unable to retrieve Dani," Harley yelled, getting up after the banshees were killed and removed. Admittedly Harley didn't understand all the processes that went into their digital world here but Dani shouldn't have been lost just by being killed, there were safeguards to ensure they wouldn't be lost.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: The Academy for SITs   The Academy for SITs - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 6:01 pm

"There is a slight corruption of the necessary data files. Correcting now. Correcting. Correcting. Correcting. Complete. User: Danielle Ardent has been restored to the system." the AI replied. Danielle gasped back into life as her wounds disappeared. Slowly, she got back up.

"W-What was that?"
Back to top Go down
ConfusedShipper123

ConfusedShipper123

PostSubject: Re: The Academy for SITs   The Academy for SITs - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 10:01 pm

Sylvain breathed very audibly from the effort required to so rapidly defeat the malfunctioning AI. He looked to the ceiling when he heard what was said of the student who was unable to return. Immediately, his gaze fell on her sister. They had never seen something like this before from the AI. There was something wrong here, worse than just a release of artificial aliens before the proper time, worse than even an "irretrievable" student. He approached Harley gently, peering over to where she looked.

When her sister arose again, he felt relief rise up within him. However, he could no longer shake the sense that something was entirely out of balance.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: The Academy for SITs   The Academy for SITs - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 11:25 pm

"Dani!" Harley rushed to her sister's side, putting her arms around her. "I thought you might have been lost for good!" After a few moments, Harley released her sister, and asked, "You're okay, right? No missing memories of anything?"
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: The Academy for SITs   The Academy for SITs - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 10:57 am

"Not as far as I can tell, Sis." Danielle replied with a relieved smile. She frowned a second later, though. "Man, that was....weird. Sure, I've died a few times during the simulations, but....it felt different this time. Like I....ceased to exist, for a moment..."
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: The Academy for SITs   The Academy for SITs - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 4:19 am

"Well, you haven't, and that's the important thing," Harley said. "Let's go back to the room. Tomorrow we'll submit a query and see if we can find out what just happened."
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: The Academy for SITs   The Academy for SITs - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 6:25 am

"Fine with me, Sis. I think some sleep would do me good, now." she replied.

((Time-skippy timez now?))
Back to top Go down
ConfusedShipper123

ConfusedShipper123

PostSubject: Re: The Academy for SITs   The Academy for SITs - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 10:28 am

((Time-skipping works for me. Smile ^^'))
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: The Academy for SITs   The Academy for SITs - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 6:12 pm

(Yes, a time skip seems like a good idea.)
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: The Academy for SITs   The Academy for SITs - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 8:31 am

The Next Day

The next day things began anew for the child soldiers, and they prepared for another day within the simulation. However, the sudden glitch from last night still had many of them worried...
Back to top Go down
ConfusedShipper123

ConfusedShipper123

PostSubject: Re: The Academy for SITs   The Academy for SITs - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 1:37 pm

Sylvain trained harder than he ever had, even moreso than he had the day before. But the night had left him thoroughly unsettled. Such an uncommon event only heightened his drive, however. If this was how the school was going to be, he had to be prepared. More prepared than ever.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: The Academy for SITs   The Academy for SITs - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 8:33 pm

Harley was not training, nor studying, or anything she might have normally been doing. That glitch was occupying her thoughts: she hadn't been able to do anything, and had nearly died along with Dani; Dani had almost not come back, and she had been wretched to her earlier; what happened to the AI that made all of that possible anyway? Those thoughts wouldn't leave her be, and she stared blankly ahead of her as they swarmed around her mind.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: The Academy for SITs   The Academy for SITs - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 6:04 pm

"Sis? You ok there, Sis?" Dani asked, waving a hand in front of Harley's vacant eyes. Due to it wanting to oversee any potential effects of the glitch from last night, the AI had given the students the morning off, so they were free to do as they pleased. Dani herself wasn't doing much of anything, like Harley, but when she hadn't gotten any response from her after a good-natured taunt, Dani was starting to get a bit worried....
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: The Academy for SITs   The Academy for SITs - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 3:07 pm

"Hmmm? What," Harley asked, finally noticing her sister's efforts to get her attention. How long had she been absorbed in her own thoughts, that wasn't a good habit to get into.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: The Academy for SITs   The Academy for SITs - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 10:41 pm

Dani raised an eyebrow at her. "I talked to you for ten minutes before I realized you weren't paying attention. Then I told you I was pregnant. Even that didn't get a rise out of you. What's wrong, Sis?"
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: The Academy for SITs   The Academy for SITs - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 11:46 pm

"You couldn't possibly be pregnant, and even if you were you wouldn't know you were," Harley said, addressing the non-vital part of Dani's comment. "I keep thinking about that glitch, it's got me worried. We're powerless against a computing error that strikes at random."
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: The Academy for SITs   The Academy for SITs - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 12:06 am

"I know, I just said that to get your attention. I also added that you were the father, but that's neither here nor now." Dani replied, rolling her eyes.

"Well, you have a point there, but....why worry about it if we can't do anything against it? Besides, the AI will take care of it." Dani pointed out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Academy for SITs   The Academy for SITs - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Academy for SITs
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next