New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Wanderers

Go down 
+3
Warboss_Spriggs
Magus1108
Sarcastic Master
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
hogaki

hogaki

The Wanderers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wanderers   The Wanderers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 7:57 pm

I dont suppose you have room for one more?
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderers   The Wanderers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 8:45 pm

The more the merrier.
Back to top Go down
hogaki

hogaki

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderers   The Wanderers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 10:01 pm

Terato is ours, we keep it safe, protect it from those who would do it harm. We are the Wanderers.

Username:Hogaki

Name: Lithum Yu Dohurai

Race: Yu Dohurai

Appearance:The Wanderers - Page 2 FanArt_Jace_Beleren_by_AtelierRAN Appears to be twenty.
His staff:
here

Personality: Calm and objective in all instances where a judge is needed, regardless of his feelings on the matter. He is abnormally stubborn for a Yu Dohrai, having once followed a thief for 10 years. His objectiveness can sometimes come off as cruel, rude, or even a little awkward. Again, such traits are normal in a Yu Dohurai.

History:
Lithum is a Yu Dohurai. A being who is born with a single thread of fate weaved into their very vision. But, while does sound powerful, it is literally just that. A single thread. Without a large group(200 at least) to aid in their visions, a Yu Dohurai could never even hope to see into the future. Lithum was born into such a group in a paranoid lord of the northern mountains, using the 'village' for rooting out traitors and dissenters. In this four hundred Yu strong group, Lithum learned(as do all Yu Dohurai) how to read the tapestry of fate and the basics of functioning outside a Yu Dohurai community.

However, when he first attempted to join his brethren in a reading at 16, it was discovered that his thread was....misaligned. This was no deformity (to the Yu Dohrai), it was merely a gesture of good will from the tapestry of fate, the gift of sight without seeing. To the Yu Dohrai, this means to feel and experience your fate, rather then see it and is considered the highest honor that can be paid to a village. The shaman took Lithum to see the lord, asking for the boy to receive some training for his travels (after all, what good is it to keep a slightless at Yu Dohrai at home?).

The lord, initially unsure if he wanted to release such a valuable Yu, eventually broke down and asked a Wanderer that was passing through to take the lad. The wanderer, an elderly human of only a little renown, was overjoyed to have such an apprentice. Lithum traveled with the man for seven years, learning the skills needed to be a Wanderer. Once his mentor deemed him skilled enough, Lithum was rewarded with his own staff, his mentor dying a week later, Lithum continuing his travels on his own from then on.

Other: Dohurai are physically and emotionally attached to magic and their fate(and the subsequent hive mind needed to read fates). This is most visible in their appearance, the blue runes appearing naturally at puberty. They also become extremely offended by the callous way some people treat fate as a concept. Statements like "It just wasn't in the cards" are as rude as a slap to the face.

----
if there are further issues please contact me.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderers   The Wanderers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:10 pm

Accepted.

Just waiting on one more and hopefully this won't die within the first few pages.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderers   The Wanderers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 11:51 pm

I think I've waited long enough, I'm going to start this thing and hope for the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The land of Terato is the only country that has magic as a resource, and only their guardians know how to work with it. In past times, there was more widespread knowledge, but people abused it, so it became commonplace that magic should be used only to guard the country, though the people still work with magic, just not directly, and have magical objects, and they are quite protective of it.

The Wanderers correspond and sometimes meet up with one another if they happen to be ahead or behind schedule in their travels, but must always patrol the country lest some evil find its way through. They cannot gather together because they would leave the land exposed, so most have not met. But soon, they will encounter a force too great for any to handle independently, and so for the first time in generations, the Wanderers will band together in defense of a great evil.

This is the story of how it will come to be.

----

Ze sat down under a giant Oak in the forested area of Terato, taking half an hour to eat and rest, before he would continue on his patrol. He had recently settled a dispute with a pack of werewolves and a herd of talking deer, which took a lot of his persuasion to settle down. It was not easy to convince either group of their foe's thought process, and he had a headache from the arguing. Fortunately it was over now, and he was feeling like flying, he hardly ever used his wings anymore. And yet, despite all his piece at this moment, he couldn't help feeling that something awful was going to happen.

--

It was evening, Letam and her crew were in the local tavern drinking to the day's success. "Quite the haul today, expensive jewels and silks, they're worth a fortune," on the crew boasted with a half-empty pitcher of ale in hand. "Aye, we'll be set for weeks," another piped up. Letam let them have their fun, though she doubted they'd get as much for the stuff as the crew thought, since they were prone to exaggerate. Still, any day they didn't get shot, stabbed, or took a cannonball to the mast was a good day in her books. "Another round on the Captain," she called out, and cheers filled the bar as she drained her glass.
Back to top Go down
hogaki

hogaki

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderers   The Wanderers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:09 pm

Lithum silently opened the door to the tavern, his feet clunking heavily against the wood floor. He is met with a wall of noise, the rowdy crowd passing drinks, signing, and engaging in the general camaraderie not uncommon to most taverns. Lithum could not help the faint twinge of a smile that pulled at his mouth. The Yu Dohurai were not known for their great fanfare(nor was he), so outburst of frivolity such as this always amused him with their foreign charm. He shuts the door, not speaking to anyone. He simply finds a table far from the crowded bar and watches, waiting for a chance to talk to the barmen about a room for the night, but unwilling to break up the good cheer to do so.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderers   The Wanderers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 8:49 pm

(I've been very slow at it, but I think that I'm finally finished with my character!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/215440
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderers   The Wanderers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 9:03 pm

(Well this is awkward, I'd thought you'd already finished him... well he's accepted anyway.)
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderers   The Wanderers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 11:14 pm

(Hehe. Well, in your defense, he was pretty much completed. Really, all I had left was looking over his stuff one last time, and all I really changed was his name, just slightly.)

Kroen was bored, and that was dangerous--not dangerous in that everyone had to worry for their lives, but dangerous in that his boredom often led to mischief. Not that he ever meant to harm anybody, but he always did seem to take things just too far; not a good trait, for a Wanderer.

At that thought, his bright orange eyes flickered to the cypress staff laying in the grass beside him. He sighed and then sat up, reaching for the staff and pulling it closer to him. The wind blew past, gently, sending the grass into shivers and playing with the edges of his dark blue robe.

"I suppose what I really should be doing," he muttered, "is finding some trouble and seeing if another one shows up. Of course, then I might be expected to actually do something. What a bother."
Back to top Go down
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/215440
hogaki

hogaki

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderers   The Wanderers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 10:07 pm

(I think it died, do we want to try and continuing this or....?)
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderers   The Wanderers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 9:43 pm

(Frankly I'm feeling pretty defeated.)
Back to top Go down
hogaki

hogaki

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderers   The Wanderers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 10:01 pm

((Sorry man, but...its been basically a month since the first post. Sad. Well, there is always next time! ))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderers   The Wanderers - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Wanderers
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Worlds Roleplaying :: Roleplaying :: The Roleplay Graveyard-
Jump to: