New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Battle for the American Midwest

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

Location : 'ow's I suppost ta know? Now get back ta work, ya miserable grot!

Battle for the American Midwest Empty
PostSubject: Battle for the American Midwest   Battle for the American Midwest I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 12:08 am

Following the brutal and bloody American Civil War, America sought to colonize the Midwestern United States and reap the potential bounties that lay untapped. However, these territories were already inhabited by many Native American tribes, of whom were forcefully uprooted from their homes. Clash was inevitable, as the native Americans fought bravely to defend themselves.

Unfortunately, the Americans were not their only adversaries, as many tribes had been fighting the Mexicans as well. The Americans and Mexicans attempted to take the land by force, spilling much blood and betraying the promises that they had made to many of the tribes. The tables finally turned in 1860, a surprise attack on an encampment of Bedonkohes Apaches on the west bank of the Mimbres River; Spirits of the ancestors , sickened with the senseless bloodshed by these two bloodthirsty peoples, pleaded to the Nature spirits to aid their people.

Not much since the incident was clearly accounted for, and none of the attackers survived...but all across the Midwest, American and Mexican forces were being assaulted by powerful Avatars of Nature.

It is currently 1886, several bloody years after the spark, and the Native Americans are seemingly winning the war. The American President is rallying as much military might as possible to combat the new threat, and José de la Cruz Porfirio Díaz Mori, the President of Mexico, refuses any peace treatise or cease fire between them.

Rules:

1.) No god-modding
2.) No Mary Sues or Gary Sues--this is set in the 1880's
3.) Weapons, attire, and even modes of travel are expected to be accurate
4.) Violence is unavoidable, just don't go overboard. Keep in mind that's for the RP; OC fights need to be taken elsewhere.
5.) Cussing is allowed, just make sure they're used appropriately--on a similar note, you don't have to speak like they would in 1880; it would be great for role playing purposes, but it's not necessary, just don't use modern terms.
6.) Romance is allowed, but don't make it a subplot
7.) This doesn't have to be historically accurate; that flew out the window with the inclusion of spirits.
8.) There is no linear story plot; your character's actions have consequences and your choices will build the story.
9.) You're allowed as many characters as you can handle, be aware that you will largely have OCs as any prominent historical figures around this time have likely been killed. However, if there is one you would like or might be interested in, let me know.
10.) This isn't necessarily first come, first serve, so you'll need to have fall-back characters of interest in case your first pick is taken.
11.) Don't rush character development; this will likely be a long RP, so take your time.
12.) Have fun.
13.) I will not be taking a direct hand in this. This RP will be run by the players for the most part and i can handle scene transitions if need be, but I will not be relied upon to direct anything, not even a plot.

I reserve the right to change the rules as I see fit. i also reserve the right to deny entry to this RP for whatever reason I deem necessary (if unlikely). I also reserve the right to remove players from the RP at my discretion.

Character Sheet:

Name:
Faction: (Mexico/America/Native American--Apache specifically)
Appearance:
Personality: (Optional)
History: (Optional)
Additional Information:
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Battle for the American Midwest   Battle for the American Midwest I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 11:20 pm

Interesting. I reserve a spot for this here RP.
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

Location : 'ow's I suppost ta know? Now get back ta work, ya miserable grot!

PostSubject: Re: Battle for the American Midwest   Battle for the American Midwest I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 7:51 am

Alrighty, reserve noted. Glad to have you on board!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle for the American Midwest   Battle for the American Midwest I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle for the American Midwest
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Worlds Roleplaying :: Roleplaying :: The Roleplay Graveyard-
Jump to: